All Microsoft 365 Reviews

Microsoft 365 User Review

Blair

Religious Institutions, 201-500 employees

Reviewed October 2019

A must have for any office

Overall, this is excellent software that's well worth the annual fee that Microsoft charges. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for an Office suite of software, whether a small office or larger organization.

PROS

Office 365 is packed with great software at a great annual price. It's simple to use, but also very powerful. I primarily use Word and PowerPoint for my job and I find it quick, easy and effective. The new feature where PowerPoint makes suggestions to improve your slide is really nice and often spurs ideas in me. Outlook is a powerful email, contact and calendar that you can use across multiple platforms and share with co-workers and family. One more than one occasion it has helped me remember important dates and appointments as well as keeping on track regarding my work responsibilities. I don't use excel, but people I know who do speak highly of it and how flexible and powerful it is.

CONS

There is very little about Office 365 I don't like. Outlook could use an aesthetic overhaul in my opinion, but that's a pretty minor gripe for software as powerful as this.

Reason for choosing Microsoft 365

Office 365 is superior in every way and well worth the money.

Tucker

Financial Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Suite of full service solutions

Good experience, ability to use multiple products to service many needs

PROS

Vast suite of products that can be used to supplement my business

CONS

Inbox management can be better, search can be much more efficient and easier to navigate

Reasons for switching to Microsoft 365

Part of my suite of products available to me

lyndsey

Medical Practice, 10,000+ employees

Microsoft Office Review

My overall experience is good, I am still learning new things daily.

PROS

I like using it for mail, calendar and also as a way to keep all of my documents together.

CONS

I sometimes have trouble with it closing randomly

Jeanne

Law Enforcement, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2019

50/50

I'm on the fence about Office 365. Some of the features work really well like the applications. Other features like OneDrive aren't as trustworthy as I had hoped. Our company has had issues with accessing files on OneDrive and SharePoint. Microsoft tech support usually has the problem resolved within 24 hours. But for a 24 hours facility, sometimes that's not fast enough. Ultimately the decision was not mine to move to Office 365. Had I known it wasn't very reliable, I would have waited to transition to it.

PROS

SharePoint is a good function for a medium to large sized business. We use it to post documents that our staff use consistently so they can find everything in one place. The documents can get kind of buried in the file structure but it's ideally the same as Windows Explorer once you get used to it. It's nice that you can personalize the sites with background photos and text. Another great feature is the downloadable apps that you get with an E3 account. You can download the apps on a number of computers so you can use it anywhere. Additionally you can download the apps on your phone or tablet.

CONS

OneDrive has given me some trouble when I've got the folder linked with my computer. If you upload things to the OneDrive via internet browser, it's great. Once I added it to my desktop and opened the file window to be used in addition to the web browser, it got questionable. I would open files from the file explorer window and edit them and they wouldn't upload to OneDrive when saved. It's something you really have to keep an eye on. Maybe it was my network card or internet connection. But when you have more than one person editing the same files at different times, you never know if you're getting the most up to date version of that file. I've lost a lot of data because of this. Also when you create Groups and try to use that group for an email, you have to be sure to expand the group or it won't be sent as an email. It will send as a group message and most of the people I work with don't know how to view that.

Ireshyn

Research, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Complete solution for seamless integration across Microsoft Apps

Easy, complete solution for all document and data management.

PROS

User friendly complete experience with full integration allows for streamlining most processes and increased performance.

CONS

Some apps are tailored to power users and may need specialized PCs.

Reasons for switching to Microsoft 365

A complete switch over was made by institution ICT

Waldo

Broadcast Media, 51-200 employees

Easy Sharing & Collaboration

PROS

What stands out to me is the flexibility of the software to be used by staff at any technical level. The multi features that are available make the use of the software super-easy and functional. Friendly user-interface that is intuitive.

CONS

Nothing to add here at the moment; while the user interface is intuitive it may be overwhelming to some beginners, but this is not a fault of the software but rather the user.

Vigdalia

Legal Services, 2-10 employees

No competition for Microsoft 365

Microsoft 365 has all that I need to be productive and organized. I love that I can save whatever I do in the cloud and use it whenever I need it. I love that I get all that I want from it, such as creating documents, spreadsheets, presentations, you name it! And now I have Copilot, so my mind is blowing up.

PROS

Oh My Dog! I've been using Microsoft for a long time, and this is one of the best inventions ever. I changed to Microsoft 365 from the very beginning when it was launched, and I wouldn't change it at all.

CONS

Microsoft 365 is one of my favorite things to work with, and so far I have found no difficulties managing it.

Christopher

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Great product for us and our clients

I’ve used it for several years for work and personal use and plan to continue using it.

PROS

There are so many features and services to use in Microsoft 365. It helps us and our clients communicate and work efficiently. It’s rare for Microsoft services and applications to be down.

CONS

It feels like admin centers change often. Sometimes the price is a little too high.

Emma

Management Consulting, 2-10 employees

Microsoft 365 Review

Overall very good experience with M365 and use it on a daily basis for work

PROS

- used by most organisations, as we work with lots of partners it helpful to have the option to collaborate externally - Lots of really useful functions which can all be accessed from the main page - easy to use Teams page with ability to collaborate with team internally and schedule meetings

CONS

There are lots of functions I do not utilise and sometimes dont understand how to use

Quishea

Insurance, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Awesome service! One of my favorites!

Overall, I love Microsoft 365. I am loving the updated systems and the how more features are integrated into the applications like Word and Excel.

PROS

It’s easy to use and there are many resources available in 365. I use majority of those resources like Word, PowerPoint, OneNote, Emails, and more. They are all great!

CONS

Sometimes the email system can be confusing to navigate since it have the navigation tools that are similar to word and PowerPoint.

KERI

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Most powerful office tool!

I have had a great experience with Microsoft 365, using it daily at work. It not only helps my work but also enhances team collaboration.

PROS

The integration of tools like Word, Excel, and Outlook in Microsoft 365 enhances my work efficiency.

CONS

Although file syncing can be slow at times, overall it's still satisfactory.

BELINDA

Research, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2023

Microsoft 365, the best, safe and convenient way to create and store documents and and files

I've been using Microsoft 365 on a daily basis for some time, and it's been a great help.

PROS

This software makes it easier to create, store and transfer files. It also supports working offline. With this software, one is able to access files from anywhere and on any device.

CONS

Microsoft 365 is a great software but recently, it can take too long to open, which can sometimes cause delay in projects...

Elena

Construction, 11-50 employees

Good software

Excellent, great product and great tools.

PROS

Easy to organize, manage documents and emails. Good for excel and word documents. Power point is must for anyone who builds slide shows. User friendly.

CONS

A little expensive, and sometimes outlook is difficult or crashes.

Entertainment, 2-10 employees

A usefull productivity suite

PROS

The array of critical software works as you expect it to. Microsoft Teams can be quite useful and should not be ignored.

CONS

I prefer the functionality of Google Mail over Outlook.

501-1,000 employees

Reviewed May 2019

The clear winner when it comes to office productivity

Organisation has now moved from a totally on-premise hosting infrastructure to a hybrid solution, with Exchange server no longer being used and mailboxes moved to cloud Exchange hosting. Office 2007 package has been replaced with Office 365 ProPlus licencing that can activate the newest version of the Office suite. Users can now access files via SharePoint and can work from home, meaning VPN and on-premises file storage can be deprecated if required.

PROS

Very user-friendly interfaces that are intuitive and take very little training to pick up. On a subscription model with continuous feature updates. Office 365 subscription means applications can be accessed via a web interface or can be used to activate an installation of the current Office productivity suite (depending on subscription level). Support is quick to respond and provide solutions. Easy for administrators in an enterprise setting to alter licencing levels for users.

CONS

Due to the nature of cloud subscriptions if there is a outage on Microsoft's side or network issues, this can affect accessibility to the Office 365 suite. Often if there are issues, the service health dashboard available to administrators is slow to be updated with outage information. Pricing can be excessive for higher-level subscription licencing.

Reason for choosing Microsoft 365

Office 365 seemed to be the leader and being sold by Microsoft, the popular market name, it seemed the obvious choice. For a non-profit organisation such as us, their non-profit pricing was appealing. Users already had experience with the Office suite and administrators already had experience with technologies such as Exchange and Active Directory so didn't need retraining.

Benjamin E

Writing and Editing, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2019

Industry-Standard for a Reason

PROS

It just works. Documents go through without odd formatting issues or incompatibility problems. Everything works and the documentation and community are top-notch.

CONS

Basically, I had to pay for it, but that's the cost of doing business well.

Reason for choosing Microsoft 365

I used WP for years when I was in high school and college, but when it comes to cross-platform sharing, as I do as a writer dealing with multiple clients, compatibility issues are a poor excuse.

Reasons for switching to Microsoft 365

Previous software packages were sometimes hard to use to get the results I was looking for. Missing documentation or poor community support didn't make it any easier. Finally, I decided I was done being an amateur, upgrading to an office suite that wouldn't cause problems with my clients.

1 employee

Reviewed March 2021

I preferred the old school version of Office (and by Office I mean Excel)

It would be easy to use in lots of places on different devices, but I only wish to use it on my desktop PC. As a result I feel that functionality has been sacrificed for networking features, which I broadly don't use or care for. If there were a downloadable hard drive resident version I would jump at it. So as a power user of Excel I'm disappointed.

PROS

I don't know that there is anything I like about this version compared to the previously installed version on my hard drive. I suppose sharing and being up to date with the latest version but that was never something I had a problem with before.

CONS

It (Excel) struggles to handle complicated formatting, for example, and I had to ditch some files with complex visual presentation, and in my view their are now over-simplified, and that's so they don't hang or crash. This is the sort of thing the hard drive resident application never struggled with. Conditional formatting layered up is the sort of thing that causes problems. So I'd say I'm not using all the features because it's not possible if you want a stable file. (I have a high spec set up and high speed ISP so I don't expect performance problems)

Reason for choosing Microsoft 365

Familiarity as an existing user, plus the free storage space on One Drive. I chose it over Google Sheets (Excel being 99% of my use of Office365) because I want a hard copy on my computer that I'd be able to open if the internet was down, although I'm not sure now that it would actually do that. So it was a lack of choice really, and line of least resistance. Bring back the installed version!

Brent

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2022

Incredible productivity tool for a distributed team

PROS

Office document @mentions allows for very efficient asynchronous collaboration, combined with OneDrive central store, we have "one source of truth". Ability to use web app as well as well synchronized local OneDrive store for full-featured desktop apps is a game changer. Local store saves time & keeps the central filestore integrity by avoiding "create local & upload..."

CONS

OneDrive for Mac is lacking & has produced a lot of frustration among the team - they end up not using. NEEDS to be as robust as Windows. Microsoft Bookings needs to evolve to be a proper personal & team calendar management tool (like calend.ly) - right now it is very narrowly focused on providing bookings for places like hair salons (weird given Office 365 prime clientele!) - huge missed opportunity. Teams could use some simpler navigation ala Slack. Ctrl-keys to cycle through unread messages. Sort teams alphabetically. Also, default teams to internal and have permissions to external to be specific channels (all specific team members have access to "general")

Reasons for switching to Microsoft 365

Greater integration across the entire Microsoft suite of products

Sandra

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2022

Performed well consistently -- with a high price.

I would describe my overall expierence as a win. Microsoft 365 has been implemented and performed well consistently over an extended period of time. Everyone with Microsoft 365 can work collectively and more productively. The mobile apps benefit our caregivers in the field so long as they're able to be online. I do have complaints. The high priced subscription is a con and I don't believe it's necessary. Microsoft does offer discounts for military and students to apply to a personal or family subscription. The online video chat within teams was a poor experience, as were the email and calendar. I should mention that I am currently testing a new solution and I may implement it permanently if it continues to go well. Problems solved using Microsoft 365: The need to manage multiple components within one solution. The need to have security and trustworthy company.

PROS

- Trustworthy company. - Freedom to use and sync multiple devices. Freedom to use worldwide. - Manage multiple components. - Outlook, Word, OneNote, OneDrive, PowerPoint, Excel, Teams. - Create some content offline. View some content offline. - High security level. - Freedom to use within Windows, Mac, and Android devices or use web-based.

CONS

- High priced subscription needed. - Poor email experience from Outlook. - Poor offline access. - Formatting and integration troubles. - Not practical -- learning to use takes an extended period of time. - Poor online chat and video chat.

Reason for choosing Microsoft 365

Because Microsoft 365 is the top performing office suite.

Reasons for switching to Microsoft 365

Because of missing features.

Davide