• Pros

• "The product is so easy to use and clients love it. "

• "Extremely intuitive and easy to use. Powerful interface and high functionality. After using just about every major file sharing platform, it just works-so well that it nearly disapears."

• "This software is great. I can send information over being HIPPA compliant. It is easily accessible and user friendly. This is a great way to communicate and save information for any practice."

• Cons

• "Some administrative tasks and settings are a bit hard to find, but once you learn your way around it is not bad. "

• "Sometime glitchy but very rarely had a problem."

• "Set up of folders was a little tedious and slightly cumbersome but was very easy to figure out and add/subtract people as needed."

Browse ShareFile Reviews

June 2016

June 2016

Beta tester turned daily user

I have a long history with Citrix. I beta tested the GoToAssist line of products. So they asked me to beta test the ShareFile product. In the beginning it was crap. I tried to upload my files (about 1 TB) and it croaked after 5 GB. I called support and they referred me to a company that was writing a migration tool. I beta tested that too. they asked for my honest opinion and I gave it to them. I told them Citrix should just fix their software and I shouldn't have to buy an extra tool to get my data into the cloud. Fast forward 2 years later, my Accountant tells me we are bleeding money paying for something we're not using (ShareFile) he said use it or dump it. So I download it again, started using it, uploaded my 1TB+ of data into it and was impressed. They have come a LONG way. I can even modify word documents and PDF's within the ShareFile client. Now they have an iOS app and droid app. I see improvements on a regular basis, like now they have a "save to sharefile" option on the iOS. This is Citrix after all they make good stuff. I am glad I stuck with them so long because now I have a grandfathered account type. It's coming along really well and I'm really happy I stuck with them. they used to support WebDav for windows integration, now they have a "Mapped drive app"

Pros

iOS save to sharefile Easy to use interface progress bar when uploading files MODIFY DOCUMENTS in sharefile share a file/folder for a # of downloads share a file/folder for a # of days download notifications no sharefile account? no problem you can still see my files Ha Ha I FORCE you to create an account, to see me files because I can! (or because my regulations state I have to require individual accounts.)

Cons

Relatively speaking they are coming late to the market, Box and Dropbox have been out a long time. I'm trying to think of some con's but the truth is I know they are improving the software as I type. Oh I though of one. In Microsoft word they don't have "save to sharefile" option like dropbox does, but they do have the "Drive mapper app" so you can save it to Z: or whatever. They don't synchronize with my NAS, it's deliberate. I'm a network engineer I tried all the tricks and workarounds, yes even symbolic links and hard links. They don't work. You're not supposed to do it. They're not trying to be a backup for your NAS.

Joey from Texas Energy Engineering Services, Inc.

Secure File Sharing Solution

Pros

Easy to navigate UI. ShareFile has an add-on that integrates into standard Outlook email platform. The add-on allows you to email large files using a secure third party FTP, where sensitive documents can only be accessed by permitted parties. It's easy to set permissions if you allow the document to be shared with others. Works well for cloud sharing documents and files where collaboration is needed. You can set a time duration for files to automatically delete themselves, so that makes managing storage capacity easier.

Cons

No real cons that I can think of. Perhaps for some people who are not tech savvy might have trouble setting up their personal preferences, but this could apply to any software. I found it easy and intuitive to set up using the web app, mobile app, and the Outlook extension.

User Friendly

Overall, I enjoy using this platform. I work in e-commerce, specifically in item set up, so I am continuously adding new items to our catalog and communicating with our vendors to get images for me to add to our site. Sharefile makes it super easy to create folders and create shareable links to send to my vendors. It even features a setting where you can get email notifications every time images get uploaded to a specific folder. I add about 200 items per week, and work with dozens of vendors, so anything to keep me organized is helpful.

Pros

I like that you can create group folders that make it easy to share files within a team. You can also create folders and send shareable links which allows anyone to easily drop and upload images and files. I work in e-commerce and deal with uploading images of products to our site— this software has been vital in my role.

Cons

Sometimes it takes a while for images to download, but I don’t think that is an issue with the the software specifically.

Tim from Walk-in Medical Care

THINGS ARE CHANGING

Well, after around 10 years of using Sharefile without any issues and only using customer support about 2-3 times we were told that the charges would be basically multiplying by ten times the amount and if we didn't like it, TOO BAD!!!! No negotiation, no warning period (don't consider a 30-60 window after being told you're screwed to quit service or pay a valid warning), no understanding, just "do this or else... don't like it, we don't care.... see ya later scrub." Very unprofessional and in my opinion can and maybe will break your company. With a marketing plan/ploy like that where you corner customers and then on top of that don't care about them in the slightest sense you are heading for disaster.

Pros

I liked that it was affordable, easy to use, and we could do more if we wanted to. The actual log in and navigation was easy to use for the most part after some updates and the customer care used to be okay the few times I needed it.

Cons

They have now hiked up the prices basically telling Small/Medium Businesses to pay up or leave (only about a 30-60 day window to decide do I want to pay more or not). For most small businesses it's an easy choice as alternative affordable pricing is out there all over as I found. I guess they only care about big time companies now that they are "Big Time". Lol, while searching for them I see that they were one of best in 2017... big heads? Seems to be the case. I think this new change will make everything they were doing go down hill fast... good luck shareholders (if they are public).

Nathalie from hkg

Sharefile - another secure alternative

I've had a very positive experience, it's quick and easy and doesn't require any extra steps like password protecting a pdf or anything and most clients are successful in accessing their stuff. This is definitely my preferred method of sending confidential documents

Pros

I like citrix sharefile because it's very easy to use and requires almost no thinking. I use it both to send and receive/review confidential information and documents. It's very straightforward, I simply add the sensitive attachment to an e-mail and convert it to a secured sharefile document. Same goes when I am the recipient, the step by step instructions are clear and I am able to download what i need pretty instantly. It's another good alternative.

Cons

The only shortcoming about citrix sharefile is that some clients are old fashioned and struggle with either the instructions or various firewalls on their own computers disallow them from accessing the document. I don't know that there is a viable workaround, which is fine, I just attribute this to clients' preference on how they'd prefer to receive documents. The initial set up is also another tricky part, you need to make sure you have the compatible version of windows/outlook.

Greg from Stage Five Strategies, LLC

Very versitile and easy to figure out program

overall experience was very good and will continue to recommend it where I work and for my clients.

Pros

The software includes a number of additional features, including secure email, and the ability to easily and affordably add more. I have used this software now at three different companies. Set up was easy and the help center guidance was very good.

Ravinder from Unitedlex

ShareFile - Easy to use file sharing and secure data storage app

We used Sharefile to share large files (typically in Gigabytes) with our clients and internally. Earlier, we used emails and FTP for the same which is kind of very tedious task, but with Sharefile sharing large files have become an easy task and saves a lot of time.

Pros

ShareFile is one of the best platforms to share large files with your clients, vendors and even internally within your company. It allows you to organize files in different folders. To share a file, users have to upload the files into the right folder and then the user has options to give access to the files wither via a web-link or you can share an entire folder with a group of people. Files uploaded on the Sharefile account can be accessed seamlessly from any endpoint including a mobile app, desktop or web-browser. In terms of security, Sharefile is equipped with two-factor authentication and single sign-on feature. Other important features include integration with third-party software such as office 365, Microsoft outlook and Gmail via plugins which allows real-time co-editing and co-authoring of a document.

Cons

Sharefile subscriptions come with very different pricing options with varied features. So, if you go with a basic plan you would only get basic features like storage and sharing. Other plans are a little bit costly and include features like Office 365 co-editing, Gmail and Outlook plugins, encryptions, and electronic signatures. The set of features in the Sharefile mobile app is limited and allows only basic functions. Integration with third-party software such as embedded video player, Image viewer can be improved.

Cristian Sebastian from Construction

Easy and useful

I use this software to store and share documents on the go, It is easy to use, A good tool to me.

Pros

Easy to set up and easy to use, easy to share.

Cons

I think this is a good software and as long they keep it running good I think it will be fine.

Jeffrey from Erie Insurance Group

Sharefile is a useful file transfer service.

Sharefile is a good solution with a simple easy to use interface. It works well for sending large files inside and outside the company. The tool provides simple instructions for downloading files from others.

Pros

Sharefile allows people outside and inside our company to upload files via a secure link. These files can be targeted to specific individuals. It also integrates well with Microsoft Outlook as a plugin which provides a good user experience. It is really useful because it allows us to share files without having to make a user account.

Cons

The process when logging into it using our corporate single sign on solution may be interrupted at certain points in time. This can cause frustration when using it's GUI.

Tim from J.V. Dell, P.C.

Program Review

Pros

Easy to use and easy to train new employees to use.

Cons

Too many steps in some of the specific features.

Great as a File Storage System

We put Sharefile in place without an IT admin or any IT specialists on hand. A group of four of us tackled the transition from our university's shared drive, handling the data migration and the set up of folder structures. Because of this, I'm sure we didn't have all file storage best practices down pat. I don't know that Citrix provides much in way of recommendations for how to structure the data; that said, we only purchased Sharefile rather than a more enterprise-minded solution. I am sure with heftier purchases that there'd be more consultation and interaction. For the several-thousand annual price we pay for a team of around 40, the benefits of Sharefile are immense. As with any system of this size that's cloud-based, there's a bit of a learning curve to get comfortable with the more in-depth features and functionality, but once we learned how certain aspects work, it's been great and has become a core part of how we conduct the sharing of files with clients.

Pros

Cloud-based and easy to understand web interface is nice. Onboarding and implementation was good and inexpensive. The check-in and check-out file features are nice, as are the abilities to share files with external users. The security and uptime as well as ability to resolve any system-wide outages quickly.

Cons

Some frustrations in features that I was expecting to be more fully fleshed out, such as workflows or ability to work on documents online without the lag of connecting with 365 and handling some of those handovers.

I deployed ShareFile on my platform

Pros

ShareFile is easy to use. The Outlook plug-in allows an easy way for customers to send secure files as well as secure emails with a few short clicks. Users are able to create their own folders and we share folders with our clients. There are templates for subfolders as well as retention periods for files. We are able to send attachments beyond Outlook's size limitations and ShareFile helps scan for potentially dangerous content. You can also control what network users access their ShareFile account. There are a lot of options available if you're looking to protect information that leaves your company.

Cons

There can be issues with downloading a lot of files at once from the browser. However; Citrix makes a ShareFile desktop app this helps speed up this process. You can turn two factor on, but you have to have each user go to their account and manually enable it. That makes us work with each user in order to enable two factor. The cost can be expensive, but we had reduced rate. Its well worth looking around for a good deal if you decide to implement ShareFile. A small downside is when a user goes to preview a password protected document, they have to download the file because ShareFile's website cannot prompt you for the password.

Levi from Mix 30

Industry: Food Production

Turned a file sharing mess into an easy to use hub for our plants.

It cut down the time it took our workers to properly catalogue and upload video records. It also was easier to track down mis-labled records and put them where they needed to be. Having switched all our plants over to Sharefile, we are better able to view and respond to issues promptly. It's ease of use has left us with fewer errors in our documentation.

Pros

The web interface was easy to pick up on. We migrated to Sharefile from another large file sharing site that was falling short in what we needed for our multiple plants. Sharefile gave a central space to the large amount of video files we use for inspections and documentation of various equipment that we own and lease. Having a central space to record and track all inspections was fundamental to our business needs. What impressed me most about Sharefile was the cleanliness of the website and the ease of use that it exemplifies. It took less than an hour to get all our workers on board with the how to use the site and catalog our files.

Cons

The only real down side is with the gross amount of folders we have, you have to wait for the page to populate when you reach the end of the first set. Enabling a manual shortcut (like typing in a folder name to take you to that folder) would be a great benefit.

Michael from MVCarpenter, Inc.

Great file storage and management that has grown along with our organization

Since jumping on board with ShareFile in 2012, the platform has grown along with our organization and has allowed us to reliably request, store and manage client advertising materials for our publication. It has also helped automate our internal and external communication processes regarding advertising material.

Pros

One of our most-used features of ShareFile is setting up our clients with individual folders to allow them to upload and store their advertising creative. This is similar to FTP, but ShareFile allows us to receive notifications based on upload, download, etc on a per-folder and per-user basis. We also set it up to notify the client when their ad is downloaded by a member of our team, thereby completely automating the ad delivery process for our publication. The other great feature of ShareFile that we use is desktop app synchronization. This allows ads to be curated by our ad manager and delivered to our production team automatically.

Cons

The web interface can be a bit hit or miss at times, and performance can also vary. The desktop sync apps also are a bit sluggish and would benefit from an improvement in responsiveness.

Matt "Griff" from Vertiv Co

Webhosted Data Storage

Departments did not want to have files hosted locally due to potential server outages as we did not have a great server setup. This was achieved, but with internet outages it makes it difficult to access those files.

Pros

Sharefile at it's most basic a cloud hosted file server instead of hosting one within an office or company. It does allow also the ability to send download links, given the right permissions, for customers to upload or download specific files. Being hosted offsite, it definitely gives an upside for not having to maintain servers or an IT rack within the office.

Cons

If your outside internet connection goes down, then you have no access to your file structure. This happens to if you are a remote person trying to access an office hosted server. The other issue can be bandwidth for uploading/downloading to Sharefile. When we first started using it, it was also very slow and cumbersome, taking several times longer to upload or navigate than a locally hosted server. We also experience at least 1-2 internet downtime events a month, so people cannot access their work for certain periods of time.

Sharefile is a quick easy way to manage, store, host, receive, request, and transmit documents.

This software gives me a peace of mind I couldn't get through many other document repository sites. I suppose the only issue is some of my clients aren't sure how secure transmissions of unencrypted data is via the site.

Pros

I don't ever worry about Sharefile glitching. When my coworker experienced trouble syncing, she told me the support team she called stayed on the phone with her and walked her through everything and waited to make sure the issues resolved. It puts my mind at ease, which is very important when talking about all the documentation for everything I do. My business relies on my documentation. It's great knowing it's also cloud-hosted so I don't have to worry about losing access due to any potential hardware malfunctions.

Cons

I don't have much to say in terms of cons related to Sharefile's service and product. It is so straightforward and user friendly. It's intuitive - my boss was shocked when I had downloaded, synced, and set up the whole company Sharefile on my new device before he got the chance to explain what I needed to do. I attribute that to the intuitive, consistent, helpful design.

Justin from Old Dominion Insulation

Works just as we hoped

Pros

This product was a part of a bundle deal we purchased with Podio. Podio was the original program we went after, but when we realized this would be part of the deal, we were very pleased. Before we had been storing files on everyone dropbox and google drive accounts, and it became tedious to keep up with all of the logins and which account the files were on. Now, all of our cloud files are in one place. It is very easy to share large files with other companies or our field crews through sharefile. It also has an addin for outlook that will automatically generate a link if the attachments in the email are too large (user defined size), which is fantastic. It takes out the guessing game of, hmm....I wonder if this email will go through or not.

Cons

Having used this product for over a year now, at least weekly, I have not had any issues with the software. We did not shop around too much for cloud storage services, however, I cannot speak for certain to the price and features of the competition out there.

Noah from Colvin + Hallett, P.S.

Noah's review of Sharefile

Overall, for the price (billed quarterly), it's not bad. They seem to be the most prominent secure file sharing service, and I'm not sure if their competitors are able to offer the same quality of service at a comparable price. For the time being, I would say Sharefile is a safe bet.

Pros

The services provided by Sharefile that I like the most are: A) The "send a link" option for emailing confidential documents to clients. This allows me to quickly upload the documents, copy a link, and paste it into an email, without cluttering the email with a large graphic or anything of that nature. B) The ease in which you can set up notification email forwarding. I like to keep track of what other users are receiving from clients, and Sharefile makes it easy to set up a system where I get email notifications regardless of the user in our firm who is receiving documents.

Cons

I dislike the outlook extension for Sharefile. When inserting files to share into an email using the outlook extension (not the "send a link" option), a large box autogenerates in the body of the email that disrupts the format of the email. I also dislike the fact you have to have purchase a certain "tier" of membership in order to upload folders to clients through Sharefile. Without being able to organize files into folders, the burden of organization falls upon the client.

maxime from Karetis

Sharefile : A good product with unresolved bugs for years !

Overall, it's a very good/solid product, with usefull features and good UX/UI. Sadly, the persistent bugs and the slowness of the upload for multiple low volume files make Sharefile impossible to use as repository : it is a good tool to share 1/2 files with clients via emails, nothing more.

Pros

Ease of use, basic functionnalities do work properly, connectivity with Outlook (via Sharefile plug-in)

Cons

The recurent bugs / issues that see no corrections (for years). The first ones that come in mind : - every 4-6 months, you have to reinstall Sharefile desktop because the app is not the same anymore. Same for the Sharefile plugin for Outlook. - ~90% of the time, you have to launch Sharefile desktop twice to start it. It happens on all computers I've tested Sharefile desktop on (rouhgly 20 computers with different setups) - With 'double validation' connexions, you'll receive as many as 3 SMS, most of the time I receive 2 of them (only one containing the right validation code). Same happens for many Sharefile users I know.

Marco from Ompi - Stevanato Group

Industry: Packaging and Containers

Very flexible business

ShareFile is the business application that tries to replicate that "Dropbox Look and Feel" loved by millions users. Thought for organizations, it offers premium features like Workflow and highest security standards. The desktop app allow to sync local and cloud folders easily, and a plugin for Outlook is available too (it's a share link generator, embedded in the mail client). Main benefits are surely linked with security, because ShareFile can be implemented within the IT infrastructure, and becomes the safe-but-easy-to-use bridge between internal file servers and outside users (customer / providers / consultants / auditors / banks / other stakeholders).

Pros

- Dropbox Look & Feel - Multi platform (Desktop apps + Mobile apps for Win / Mac / iOS / Android) - Advanced sharing option (like expiration date / upload-download notifications) - Users management (granular privileges can be assigned to any folder or file) - Versioning feature

Cons

No downsides or weaknesses, so far. Both desktop and mobile apps are pretty stable and servers uptime on clouds is near 100% (no issue observed in the first year of continuos use).

aanchal from Deloitte Consulting

Best tool to share big files!

Pros

The feature that I love the most is that I do not have to checkin any document. Its simple drag and drop feature makes it very easy to use. Every time I have a big file to share, Sharefile is always my first preference. Unlike other file sharing tools, Sharefile lets you share a direct link with anyone. The person at the other end does not really have to worry about the whole file structure, the only thing visible is the one particular file that has been shared.

Cons

Though the tool is extremely easy to use, there is no lock feature available. If the environment were to be accessed by multiple users at the same time, there could be version related issues. Though the different versions can be seen easily yet this tool does not seem to have the required amount of sophistication required for a very professional setup.

Customizable, Secure, and Beyond Simple

We began looking for an enterprise solution to file sharing/signing and was hoping to reduce user burden by having the solution serve a host of functions. We were particularly intrigued by the prospect of secure file collaboration but this feature was not as user friendly and compared to Google docs, there was a lot lacking. While this prevented widespread implementation, several teams nonetheless still rely on sharefile. The continued acquisitions by Citrix also make one wonder how Sharefile will continue to improve/integrate over the next iterations.

Pros

Being able to send clients to a personal, branded client folder to access whatever they need (with my customized security settings and email alerts) was amazing. Also a huge fan of the send me a file link that can be embedded into email signature blocks

Cons

The 2 main shortcomings of the product are what keeps it from being an Enterprise wide solution (though it is nonetheless superb for secure document sharing and signing). I did not test the Outlook plugin, but the Gmail plugin was not nearly as easy as it was made out to be.

Sharefile for ease of access to files across networks

It has been great working with Sharefile. We have cut down IT infrastructure costs by a huge amount. We are very happy with the functionality and how we can continue to share files across the wide locations of our organisation.

Pros

Sharefile was pretty straight forward on the implementation side for our accounting practices network which is located in different offices across the continent. We did not need to hire expensive IT professionals for this task. We did it using our internal resources. Being cloud based we also have not had to invest in any extra infrastructure. It plugs in well with outlook making it much easier for us to send retrieve and send files from Outlook with just a few clicks. Overall for the cost this has been a great solution for us.

Cons

I have no real cons with this software as it is effective and does what it does. Some of our people on the network complain of speed but this is probably more a problem caused by their internet speed and connection.

Magali from Framestore

Industry: Motion Pictures and Film

Yоur реrfесt fіlе shаrе рlаtfоrm

Pros

Thіs аррlісаtіоn hаs а lоt оf рlugіns sо уоu саn іntеgrаtе іt wіth dіffеrеnt рrоgrаms аnd соllесt уоur dаtа frоm sоftwаrе lіkе Mісrоsоft Outlооk оr Gооglе Chrоm. Bесаusе I wоrk wіth сlіеnts, It іs vеrу соnvеnіеnt thаt I саn sеnd thеm bіg fіlеs thrоugh thіs аррlісаtіоn аnd thеу wіll bе аblе tо ассеss іt wіthоut аnу рrоblеm. Alsо, іf I wаnt, I саn hіdе реrsоnаl fоldеrs frоm mу со-wоrkеrs whісh іs vеrу соnvеnіеnt аnd mаkеs wоrkflоw smооthеr.

Cons

Oh, sаdlу, thеrе аrе sоmе thіngs, thаt I dоn't lіkе аbоut thіs арр. Fоr еxаmрlе, I dоn't thіnk іt іs еvеn роssіblе tо wоrk wіth PDF fіlеs оn thіs рlаtfоrm whісh іs а trеmеndоus lеtdоwn. Mоrеоvеr, fоr sоmе strаngе rеаsоn, dеsktор арр hаs fеwеr fеаturеs thаn thе brоwsеr vеrsіоn аnd vеrу оftеn іt саusеs сhаоs аmоng соwоrkеrs оr еvеn сlіеnts. And іf уоu, fоr sоmе rеаsоn, dоn't wаnt tо usе thеіr рlug-іn іn Mісrоsоft Outlооk аnуmоrе, уоu саnnоt dеlеtе іt, whісh іs strаngе, tо sау thе lеаst.

Kevin from Hughes & Coleman

Industry: Law Practice

Great if you need HIPAA compliant sharing

The biggest issue we had was that we needed HIPAA compliant file sharing, and it fits the need perfectly.

Pros

As a Citrix product it carries the usual value for the price, ease of use, and reliability you can expect from them. A huge plus is that it is also HIPAA compliant, and was the most cost-efficient solution we found that was.

Cons

We haven't had any negatives at all with using ShareFile so far, and we've been using it for about 2 years now.

Price, and features.

Tapan from Criteo

Sharefile - File sharing made easy

Pros

Sharefile has attempted to enable the users share files larger than what their email servers support without doing anything different than the usual. They can still attach a large file using Sharefile plugin and send the mail to the recipient. It also provides an option to upload the file on their server and then share the link to the file with the intended recipients. It facilitates file access from anywhere and any device for the recipient. Files are always secured by encryption while they are stored in their servers as well as during transit. One can be in complete control of their content and change the access permissions anytime from anywhere.

Cons

It doesn't provide a feature to add another layer of protection such as 2 Way Authentication which can make the user feel more secure rather than just rely on Sharefile's security expertise. Also, it doesn't have a software client which can be installed on the machines which hampers the ability for all the contents in a folder to be in sync at all the devices.

ShareFile is great for sharing data with others

Pros

ShareFile has a plethora of tools to help you backup and share documents. The new drive letter access available in Windows Explorer is fast, just like any other drive on your computer. This makes it easy to save and share documents. The google mail sharing extension also allows you to quickly create a link to a document with an expiration date.

Cons

Website features change and there is little communication about what is being updated. On rare occassions, there are problems accessing files due to a database error or a lack of website response that may require help from ShareFile. Lastly, files generally have an automatic expiration date when they should auto-delete in 365 days, but sometimes do not.

Holly from Fink, Rosner, Ershow-Levenberg, LLC

Easy to use, awesome customer service!

It's very user-friendly, easy to use and the customer service is outstanding. They are always offering free webinars to help you get the most out of their product,

Pros

Sharefile is very user-friendly which is extremely helpful for our clients. Sending huge files that contain personal information can be scary, particularly to our clientele,. So, to have something that is easy to use, yet safe, makes a huge difference. Their customer service is outstanding. If you have a question of any kind, they are always available to answer questions and offer solutions as to how to get the most out of this software.

Cons

The biggest issue I have is that not everyone uses it. In the Elder Law arena, many clients and even state and county offices are resistant to change and technology, and would rather just rely on using tons of paper. I'm really hoping that this changes in the near future.

Essential for Cross-Office Collaboration

Overall, this program is great for collaborating with people in and out of the office. You can access the files anywhere via the internet. We upload a lot of large file sizes and have never had an issue where the file was not able to be uploaded or downloaded. The administrative permissions are easy to edit as well, making it possible to customize what other people have access to view when you share folders/files.

Pros

-Provides a way to store files off of the company server which saves space -Easy to upload and download files -Stores large file types -Share documents easily via link or on-site sharing -Option to keep older versions of files with the same name (won't save over old files if you specify this) -Ability to share entire folders with a customization list of people (via email)

Cons

-It does compete with a few other file sharing sites, however this one has worked the best for our large file-sizes

Peter from Stemain Solutions Ltd

Convenient means to store, share and organize files, it is also great for collaborative tasks

Sharefile offers a secure way of storing and sharing files within our organization. You can send even the big files fast and securely. You can also send links to specific file to a colleague and this ensures they download the right file.

Pros

I like that ShareFile allows us to keep all important documents safe and secure. It allows you to upload large files even those that emails cannot send. Only the authorized persons can access files and this makes it safe for sharing crucial/sensitive files. It offers file backup since everything is stored in the cloud. You can access file with any devices at any time from anywhere.

Cons

The cost is high and the free trial seems too short. The desktop app seems to work well than when you access it with your PC browser. We have not had any major problems with this tool but poor internet coverage might block you from accessing files.

Tracey from ORGANIC INDIA

We used ShareFile as our primary file sharing program. I upload, download, and share files daily.

I like that our files can be easily shared internally and externally and are mostly organized. I am able to access files from my phone or any computer.

Pros

I love that you can save a version to your desktop and it works just like a regular file folder. It is also nice to be able to access shared files on the internet wherever you are. I also like that you can star your most used folders and only sync content that you use the most, but still access anything you need quickly.

Cons

Sometimes, multiple versions are created if people forget to check out files which is confusing to sort through, and on heavily used files, there have been we have lost modifications.

Kurt from Fauquier Hearing Services, PLLC

ShareFile is great for small business in health care industry

Ease of use cloud-based data base that is encrypted far above and beyond the requirements of HIPAA. This is a great product.

Pros

This is one of the easiest software applications we have employed and is HIPAA-compliant. That is very important for small businesses engaged in the healthcare field and dealing with PHI. Small businesses not using this software are doing themselves a disservice.

Cons

For small businesses, I would prefer that they have a flat fee for companies less than 10 employees. The cost per person is a bit much when we have to have fees for part time people, as well. Outside that, there really is nothing we dislike about ShareFile.

ShareFile Review

Overall, I've had a satisfactory experience with the app, but there's some room for improvement as detailed above

Pros

- Very intuitive interface, easy to get up to date on usage in no time. - Great plugin support, such as the Outlook plug-in makes provision for secure file-sharing with customers as well as secure emails very easily. - Flexible folder creation and sharing - Great security and data protection considerations, such as frequent scans for potentially harmful embedded media. - Offers great control for users to select folders and files access over the network

Cons

- Multiple attachment download simultaneously can be a bit slow - The web application can be buggy sometimes, and synchronisation with the desktop app and other platforms can occasionally be a bit laggy - Offline connectivity and access could be better in times of network downtime, to at least access cached files

Jason from nSymphony

The best way to store and share company data

I have used Sharefile and have cliients that use it as well. It is used to store important company info in a distributed network, as well as sharing information with clients and consumers. They make it easy to do all these things quickly and securely.

Pros

Sharefile makes it easy to store and share company data. It gives you the ability to share this data with your internal team, or with non-team members. The security features ensure you have complete control with your data. The apps they have make it easy for end users to utilize the service on a daily basis.

Cons

Sharefile works. That's all you can ask for.

Jon from ISG, Inc.

Industry: Market Research

Tight Security File Transfer

This software assists us in staying compliant with the transfer of PII.

Pros

This is an easy way to transfer information securely. It has excellent encryption. Sharing files is easy and they have a drive mapper and a plug in for outlook. Administration is very easy with everything being point and click. There are a lot of options depending on the level of security you want. The company even has a HIPAA partitioned server so we can stay compliant

Cons

The outlook plug in is a little clunky. It does not work on all computers. They just have some bugs to work out.

October 2015

Sean from Team Computing Australia Pty Ltd

October 2015

ShareConnect + Sharefile = Powerful

Sharefile and now Shareconnect have been part of my toolkit for organisational transformation for 8 years. I've deployed 6 separate instances for widely varying use cases and each has worked well. I would rank Sharefile as important to my deliverables as GoogleWork ( Docs + everything else google does). I work in the more traditional end of the market and find that while Cloud and Hybrid cloud solutions are entering enterprise use now in 2015 most end users need the immediate deployment and quick time to value that Sharefile and Shareconnect offer. Post Sales Support from the Raleigh team does a great job of looking after remote time zones and only the occasional start-up phase hitch appears.

Pros

Prodcut and services are Top Grade 1. Great Scale 2. Easy Deployment 3. Good Support

Cons

A. Complex multi tier Reseller / referral / distributor model handed down from Citrix management ( really, it does suck ) B. Global Storage Zones generate the occasional " ticket - storm" when a problem arises its hard to keep informed on "just" your exposure, a trade off for the transparency. C. Self provisioning is a little too prescriptive. If you self provision the wrong plan then watch out its not an "easy undo". Getting Level 2 help can take longer than you'd imagine.

Jeffrey from Baker and Kerr

The best FTP and file sharing app I've ever used

I downloaded the full function trial and got right to work uploading all my employees (all 5 seats), all my clients (about 40) and several projects. Not once in what wa sa short 2 hours did I run into a single problem or hiccup. Halfway through I decided to format my file tree differently and was able to just 'shift stuff around' where in other apps I had to delete and re-upload. Sderiously, I'm usually hyper-critical of most apps as designed by morons for idiots-no intuitivity, no flow poor products but THIS! THIS is a masterpiece of design that most apps would kill to possess. Highly reccomended and two thumbs way, WAY up!

Pros

Cons

Difficulty getting the branding loaded. It's DEFINATELY a coding problem and it took 3 different tech people to finally get it right, but this was a minor annoyance comp[ared to others

Reasons for Choosing ShareFile

Simply the best possible choice for FTP

Rachel from Midtown Title, LLC

Sharefile

It has been good to use and i would recommend it for anyone who needs to access files on multiple computers.

Pros

I like that there is an app that integrates to my computer (and my coworkers computers) to basically make a folder that acts like its own hard drive on our computers. We can all access and share it (haha share files!) and it just works well. I can also log in online and access files if I am not on my desktop.

Cons

Sometimes it loses sync, but honestly, not been a big deal. Nothing major has caused me to not like the program.

Joetta from KEMBA

ShareFile Delivers Securely

Before we implemented ShareFile we could only communicate non private information to our members via email. Now we can send them anything they need securely and receive secure documents back from them.

Pros

It allows us to communicate with our members in a secure manner which gives us the option to share private information over the email system.

Cons

There is nothing so far that I don't like about the software solution. It delivers what we purchased it for.

Reasons for Choosing ShareFile

We chose ShareFile because they seemed to have a good product for a great value and the most influential reason was their customer support and sales teams seemed very responsive compared to the others.

Nevena from taxback.com

Sharefile

I recommend it to all

Pros

Very good product especially with the recent changes in data saving in Europe(GDPR) you can share files using this via email for example and the file is protected when it reaches the recipient as only recipient can open the file, if same email with the file is forwarded to third party it wont be available. You can sign and use it as a toll in MS Outlook

Cons

No issues so far as product provides different options to customize or adjust the functionalities.

Charles from Trusted Senior Specialists

Great way to send large files.

We have used Sharefile for about 3 years, It helps to have the option to send large files securely and fast. We have saved files on the Sharefile website to send out to different customers.

Pros

The ease of creating a link for someone to download files or documents, that otherwise could not receive attachments.

Cons

A less complex downloading screen, some customers did not understand the link and thought they had to sign up to download the files.

Response from Citrix Systems

Replied April 2017

Thank you for your review and the feedback Charles, we appreciate your business!

John from Birchfield Partners LLC

Best Document Sharing Software

ShareFile in our opinion is the industry leader in document and data sharing. At this time we would not even consider a competitor and think of it as an integral tool for interacting with clients and other professionals. The security of sharing files, especially in financial services, is crucial to how we conduct business.

Pros

Sharefile is the undisputed industry leader in document sharing. Since becoming users of Sharefile we can now share documents in a secure and encrypted manner and more importantly request documents from clients in the same secure fashion. It has made data sharing with clients infinitely easier and is an integral part of how we interact with clients and intermediaries.

Cons

While not a major concern some of the features in the web app are not consistent with the desktop application that can be installed on the operating system. The features are mostly identical but I have found some permissions that I am granted on one version do not appear on the other. I cannot seem to figure out why that is the case.

Mark from Wayfare Accounting LLC

I like the security, they could improve functionality

Good so far, though I'm open to switching providers at this point. Cost is a bit high for the market.

Pros

I have a professional business and so I like the clean, professional look of this service. It reflects well on my practice and appears more legitimate than something like Google Drive.

Cons

I think their functionality could be a bit more robust. I would really love to see an easy way to collect signatures from clients (without paying a ton extra), for example.

Justin from Paw Funder, Inc

Great encryption - Add-ons need work

Still an excellent software that we use heavily.

Pros

Drag 'n drop encryption for clients, and easy "upload" portals to receive information.

Cons

We use the Gmail plug-in heavily, which has become a problem. More often than not, the 1st time we upload a file with the plug-in fails. We then have to reload the screen, and upload a second time for it to work. In our busy season, our bandwidth allocation for the product adds up quick when uploads are duplicated.

Ronda from Clinical SCORE

Industry: Market Research

Almost, but. . .

ShareFile is a great program--when it works. It is wonderful to have many ways to access your documents and information. It is integral to virtual offices like ours. Support from them for our issue is lacking. If they could help us resolve that, I could give higher ratings.

Pros

ShareFile is portable and can be used either online or in the desktop application.

Cons

ShareFile is unpredictable. Over half the time I try to open and edit a file it says that the action cannot be performed.

Elizabeth from Better Bookkeepers Inc

Business User

Pros

We use this product to help our clients bring in documents to us safely. It has been a great tool for us and them to know our client's info is secure.

Cons

The only thing I have found that is a bit weird is the permissions to each folder. Some times I can't click a certain staff person to get downloads or upload notification. They are grayed out. Other than that it has been a good thing for us.

Great Solution for Sharing Content for Approval

We share marketing content with clients for their review and approval. They provide feedback and click "approved" once approved all within ShareFile.

Pros

- Approval Workflow for collecting feedback and getting approval from partners - Very simple and easy interface - Ease of adding new clients - Unlimited number of clients - Pay per user (admin) - Notifications and automatic reminders

Cons

- Can't click links within a workflow - Sometimes it'll time out and we've run into a few bugs - Can't change admin in a workflow and only the administrator who started the workflow can add a new workflow. It would be nice to be able to reassign this because if someone is out of office or we need to change ownership, we have to start a new workflow and this confuses clients

Sharefile is our default file share. It is aptly named.

Files in a consistent place all the time. It does what its named.

Pros

I don't find anything super exciting about Sharefile, which is great for the program itself. It sit there quietly and does its thing. There are sync oddities here and there, but nothing insurmountable. The administration of users is nice and clean. They don't let zombie files happen by accident. Good stuff.

Cons

I actually don't have much to say here except that you can get into weird sync issues. If you're trying to fiddle with files you are an admin with but don't own, you can get into file duplication pretty easy. I find it annoying but only annoying. It's likely a good feature if I wasn't such a megalomaniac about it.

ShareFile helps with workflow of video files

The overall experience has been great. We have used this software quite successfully for over 2 years.

Pros

I like how the software will notify those who are signed up to the folder if new files are uploaded or downloaded. I also like how the permissions work for the folders

Cons

It sometimes didn't always seem to like to take uploads of big files. It would sometimes stop uploading.

Jeanne from La Porte County Sheriff's Office

Industry: Law Enforcement

Nice for sharing secure files

Every time my computer is upgraded, I request to have ShareFile reinstalled on Outlook. It is very helpful in accomplishing tasks in my profession. I never have issues with it on the user side of things. I've only had one attorney request that I send actual attachments in stead of the secure download link. I think it's because he's not very tech-savvy!

Pros

Part of my job is to email confidential files for lawsuits to our attorneys so this software works great. It provides a secure download link where the receiver has to enter their credentials in order to download the files. It is also helpful when sending files too large for our email system to send.

Cons

Occasionally, receivers have trouble downloading the files. It's hard to tell if it's user error or program error though.