Citrix ShareFile Software Reviews

Citrix ShareFile Software Reviews

FrontRunners 2021

• icon"What I like most about this software is the ease of use. I use this almost daily to send reports to clients that contains PII."
  • icon"Filtering the files after uploading them to the cloud is really easy. Sharefile is integrated into a huge number of customers, so it is practical to use it to achieve better and wider results."
  • icon"Ability to integrate with existing Office 365 Deployment for ease of use. Allows multiple remote teams to collaborate in real time with simple management process."
  • icon"This software sometimes struggles with maintaining login credentials and other core preferences."
  • icon"It can be confusing to new users to use this software."
  • icon"Occasionally, receivers have trouble downloading the files. It's hard to tell if it's user error or program error though."

Browse all Citrix ShareFile Reviews

• Have you used Citrix ShareFile and would like to share your experience with others?

Kevin

Company size: 51 - 200 employees

Great if you need HIPAA compliant sharing

Zuhairah

Storage hosting is easy with ShareFile

Pros

Sharefile is a cloud-hosted file server at its most basic level that replaces the need to host one within a workplace or business. It also allows you to offer download links to consumers to upload or download specific files, provided you have the proper rights. Because it is hosted offshore, it has the advantage of not requiring the office to operate servers or an Infrastructure rack.

Cons

You won't be able to view your file structure if your external internet connection goes down. If you're a remote worker trying to connect to a server hosted by your company, this can happen. Another problem might be a lack of bandwidth while uploading/downloading to Sharefile. It was also quite sluggish and complicated when we initially started using it, requiring multiple periods longer to transfer or explore than a self-hosted server. We also have at least 1-2 service interruptions every month, during which users are unable to conduct their job for a while.

Reasons for switching to Citrix ShareFile

Managing and storing files or document is more easy with ShareFiles.

Joey

Secure File Sharing Solution

Pros

Easy to navigate UI. ShareFile has an add-on that integrates into standard Outlook email platform. The add-on allows you to email large files using a secure third party FTP, where sensitive documents can only be accessed by permitted parties. It's easy to set permissions if you allow the document to be shared with others. Works well for cloud sharing documents and files where collaboration is needed. You can set a time duration for files to automatically delete themselves, so that makes managing storage capacity easier.

Cons

No real cons that I can think of. Perhaps for some people who are not tech savvy might have trouble setting up their personal preferences, but this could apply to any software. I found it easy and intuitive to set up using the web app, mobile app, and the Outlook extension.

Reasons for switching to Citrix ShareFile

We needed a uniform cloud storage solution company wide. I was using a personal google drive to store and share files too large for email until we purchased ShareFile.

Frankie

November 2022

Real Time Update & Sharing

Excellent way to get my work done and approved. Saves me lots of time and reduce my stress when I require immediate approvals on files.

Pros

Able to share with managers on the spot with real time update as I require approvals on certain files immediately.

Cons

It does sometimes have a lag when uploading files, not sure if its my internet though. Other than that, it had been smooth for me.

Tim

THINGS ARE CHANGING

Well, after around 10 years of using Sharefile without any issues and only using customer support about 2-3 times we were told that the charges would be basically multiplying by ten times the amount and if we didn't like it, TOO BAD!!!! No negotiation, no warning period (don't consider a 30-60 window after being told you're screwed to quit service or pay a valid warning), no understanding, just "do this or else... don't like it, we don't care.... see ya later scrub." Very unprofessional and in my opinion can and maybe will break your company. With a marketing plan/ploy like that where you corner customers and then on top of that don't care about them in the slightest sense you are heading for disaster.

Pros

I liked that it was affordable, easy to use, and we could do more if we wanted to. The actual log in and navigation was easy to use for the most part after some updates and the customer care used to be okay the few times I needed it.

Cons

They have now hiked up the prices basically telling Small/Medium Businesses to pay up or leave (only about a 30-60 day window to decide do I want to pay more or not). For most small businesses it's an easy choice as alternative affordable pricing is out there all over as I found. I guess they only care about big time companies now that they are "Big Time". Lol, while searching for them I see that they were one of best in 2017... big heads? Seems to be the case. I think this new change will make everything they were doing go down hill fast... good luck shareholders (if they are public).

Mona

Industry: Law Practice

September 2022

Couldn’t be more secure

This experience was ok, it wasn’t our perfect fit.

Pros

This is very secure and protected with encryption, perfect for legal or financial information. Electronic signatures are completed with little effort. Citrix ShareFile has an email plugin that sends large files without so many hiccups. The emails are protected on their way. Client portal was well liked.

Cons

I think it’s too expensive and it needs to be made more simple to understand and use. I think it should be more adaptive so smaller businesses can get what they need without paying for and getting confused with the enterprise settings.

Reasons for switching to Citrix ShareFile

ShareFile is more than storage and I thought it would be better for us

Greg

Very versitile and easy to figure out program

overall experience was very good and will continue to recommend it where I work and for my clients.

Pros

The software includes a number of additional features, including secure email, and the ability to easily and affordably add more. I have used this software now at three different companies. Set up was easy and the help center guidance was very good.

Cons

Set up of folders was a little tedious and slightly cumbersome but was very easy to figure out and add/subtract people as needed.

Reasons for switching to Citrix ShareFile

ShareFile is more secure and accepted by more financial institutions, which we interact with frequently.

Neelam

July 2022

Citrix share File Review

Overall I liked it as it solves the purpose and all my documents are secure.

Pros

I really like that we can share the link with multiple users to upload the docs. It's very simple just click and upload. We can share multiple files at a time. this link will be active for a couple of months it depends on how you set it up. It is a very secure way to share documents.

Cons

The only problem is who so ever uploads the documents that person can't access those file in future and you can't track what you have already shared and what is pending.

Marina

November 2022

Easy way to share files

Pros

Easy way to share a lot of files or documents with a large team

Cons

Sometimes the sync to the desktop version is a bit delayed

October 2022

Most secured software on the market

Pros

I really like the security feature in all citrix products. You definitely have a sigh of relief knowing this software can't be hacked

Cons

There is nothing I can think of that is a dislike

Marcus

October 2022

Marcus B Review

Pros

Very compatible and easy to toggle through.

Cons

The cost of it and wish it was a little more cost efficient.

Ravinder

ShareFile - Easy to use file sharing and secure data storage app

We used Sharefile to share large files (typically in Gigabytes) with our clients and internally. Earlier, we used emails and FTP for the same which is kind of very tedious task, but with Sharefile sharing large files have become an easy task and saves a lot of time.

Pros

ShareFile is one of the best platforms to share large files with your clients, vendors and even internally within your company. It allows you to organize files in different folders. To share a file, users have to upload the files into the right folder and then the user has options to give access to the files wither via a web-link or you can share an entire folder with a group of people. Files uploaded on the Sharefile account can be accessed seamlessly from any endpoint including a mobile app, desktop or web-browser. In terms of security, Sharefile is equipped with two-factor authentication and single sign-on feature. Other important features include integration with third-party software such as office 365, Microsoft outlook and Gmail via plugins which allows real-time co-editing and co-authoring of a document.

Cons

Sharefile subscriptions come with very different pricing options with varied features. So, if you go with a basic plan you would only get basic features like storage and sharing. Other plans are a little bit costly and include features like Office 365 co-editing, Gmail and Outlook plugins, encryptions, and electronic signatures. The set of features in the Sharefile mobile app is limited and allows only basic functions. Integration with third-party software such as embedded video player, Image viewer can be improved.

Great as a File Storage System

We put Sharefile in place without an IT admin or any IT specialists on hand. A group of four of us tackled the transition from our university's shared drive, handling the data migration and the set up of folder structures. Because of this, I'm sure we didn't have all file storage best practices down pat. I don't know that Citrix provides much in way of recommendations for how to structure the data; that said, we only purchased Sharefile rather than a more enterprise-minded solution. I am sure with heftier purchases that there'd be more consultation and interaction. For the several-thousand annual price we pay for a team of around 40, the benefits of Sharefile are immense. As with any system of this size that's cloud-based, there's a bit of a learning curve to get comfortable with the more in-depth features and functionality, but once we learned how certain aspects work, it's been great and has become a core part of how we conduct the sharing of files with clients.

Pros

Cloud-based and easy to understand web interface is nice. Onboarding and implementation was good and inexpensive. The check-in and check-out file features are nice, as are the abilities to share files with external users. The security and uptime as well as ability to resolve any system-wide outages quickly.

Cons

Some frustrations in features that I was expecting to be more fully fleshed out, such as workflows or ability to work on documents online without the lag of connecting with 365 and handling some of those handovers.

June 2016

Beta tester turned daily user

I have a long history with Citrix. I beta tested the GoToAssist line of products. So they asked me to beta test the ShareFile product. In the beginning it was crap. I tried to upload my files (about 1 TB) and it croaked after 5 GB. I called support and they referred me to a company that was writing a migration tool. I beta tested that too. they asked for my honest opinion and I gave it to them. I told them Citrix should just fix their software and I shouldn't have to buy an extra tool to get my data into the cloud. Fast forward 2 years later, my Accountant tells me we are bleeding money paying for something we're not using (ShareFile) he said use it or dump it. So I download it again, started using it, uploaded my 1TB+ of data into it and was impressed. They have come a LONG way. I can even modify word documents and PDF's within the ShareFile client. Now they have an iOS app and droid app. I see improvements on a regular basis, like now they have a "save to sharefile" option on the iOS. This is Citrix after all they make good stuff. I am glad I stuck with them so long because now I have a grandfathered account type. It's coming along really well and I'm really happy I stuck with them. they used to support WebDav for windows integration, now they have a "Mapped drive app"

Pros

iOS save to sharefile Easy to use interface progress bar when uploading files MODIFY DOCUMENTS in sharefile share a file/folder for a # of downloads share a file/folder for a # of days download notifications no sharefile account? no problem you can still see my files Ha Ha I FORCE you to create an account, to see me files because I can! (or because my regulations state I have to require individual accounts.)

Cons

Relatively speaking they are coming late to the market, Box and Dropbox have been out a long time. I'm trying to think of some con's but the truth is I know they are improving the software as I type. Oh I though of one. In Microsoft word they don't have "save to sharefile" option like dropbox does, but they do have the "Drive mapper app" so you can save it to Z: or whatever. They don't synchronize with my NAS, it's deliberate. I'm a network engineer I tried all the tricks and workarounds, yes even symbolic links and hard links. They don't work. You're not supposed to do it. They're not trying to be a backup for your NAS.

Jason

Easy to Use

Overall, sharefile is a great tool if you need to quickly find a file sharing solution and a way to send files securely vs. sending items through e-mail attachments. The alerting/notification features are also nice so users are reminded when new information is available to download and review. It's great for file sharing, but there may be better options if you intend to perform an entire audit within sharefile as documentation can get voluminous. Sharefile is a great document portal to send files here and there as needed, but it really shouldn't be used as the interface for a working file if multiple users need to access and work within at the same time.

Pros

The software offers alot of benefit in sending files securely between parties, and offering a shared drive between internal and external users to exchange documentation for purposes of performing professional services (audits, tax, consulting, etc.) It's intuitive to use and set permissions and access control as an administrator. Alerts and notification settings are also useful to alert users when information is available.

Cons

Unlike other similar offerings, users can't work in the same files at the same time without causing the system to save new versions of the file. This can be frustrating when multiple users need to access and work on the same file as needed, and no ones work overrides others when trying to save the file. Additionally, it's sometime difficult to tell what folder contain files as Citrix doesnt show the size (MB) of any folders, the web browser version does, but the browser is less user friendly than navigating the shared drive structures through the citrix addon.

Falisha

ShareFile review

Pros

The program has a variety of advantages, such as securely exchanging data between parties and providing a shared drive for different users to exchange paperwork for business services. As a user, it's simple to use and create rights and access controls. Notifications and alerts help consumers stay on top of new information by letting them know when it's accessible.

Cons

Compared to other similar services, this software forces users to save updated versions of files every time they make changes. Several users editing on the same file simultaneously might be annoying if no one's effort overrides the others when saving the file. Also, Citrix doesn't disclose the volume (MB) of any files, but the web browser version provides, but it's less friendly than traversing the shared folder hierarchies with the Citrix addon.

I deployed ShareFile on my platform

Pros

ShareFile is easy to use. The Outlook plug-in allows an easy way for customers to send secure files as well as secure emails with a few short clicks. Users are able to create their own folders and we share folders with our clients. There are templates for subfolders as well as retention periods for files. We are able to send attachments beyond Outlook's size limitations and ShareFile helps scan for potentially dangerous content. You can also control what network users access their ShareFile account. There are a lot of options available if you're looking to protect information that leaves your company.

Cons

There can be issues with downloading a lot of files at once from the browser. However; Citrix makes a ShareFile desktop app this helps speed up this process. You can turn two factor on, but you have to have each user go to their account and manually enable it. That makes us work with each user in order to enable two factor. The cost can be expensive, but we had reduced rate. Its well worth looking around for a good deal if you decide to implement ShareFile. A small downside is when a user goes to preview a password protected document, they have to download the file because ShareFile's website cannot prompt you for the password.

Shahirah

The best for cloud file sharing

Overall, ShareFile is very fine software and has help our organization to centralize our data at one place and not depending on the local storage device as we used before.

Pros

ShareFile gives an easy option for files transferring which user only need to upload the files, and then the public link of the file will automatically generated for us and ready to be distributed to the relevant parties. The recipient of the files is not compulsory to register account with the website to start download the file.

Cons

The software is quite slow to show all the files that i have on the cloud storage. It keep loading and takes some time to completely populate all of the files that i own. Sometimes, it just keep loading and i need to refresh the application to fix it.

Levi

Industry: Food Production

Turned a file sharing mess into an easy to use hub for our plants.

It cut down the time it took our workers to properly catalogue and upload video records. It also was easier to track down mis-labled records and put them where they needed to be. Having switched all our plants over to Sharefile, we are better able to view and respond to issues promptly. It's ease of use has left us with fewer errors in our documentation.

Pros

The web interface was easy to pick up on. We migrated to Sharefile from another large file sharing site that was falling short in what we needed for our multiple plants. Sharefile gave a central space to the large amount of video files we use for inspections and documentation of various equipment that we own and lease. Having a central space to record and track all inspections was fundamental to our business needs. What impressed me most about Sharefile was the cleanliness of the website and the ease of use that it exemplifies. It took less than an hour to get all our workers on board with the how to use the site and catalog our files.

Cons

The only real down side is with the gross amount of folders we have, you have to wait for the page to populate when you reach the end of the first set. Enabling a manual shortcut (like typing in a folder name to take you to that folder) would be a great benefit.