All ShareFile Reviews

Great if you need HIPAA compliant sharing

Antonio

Automotive, 201-500 employees

Reviewed May 2023

Excellent platform to store and share documents securely.

Sharefile understands the issue of sharing records, putting away archives (carefully) and being able to share reports with others safely. I can transfer reports and clients can get to anytime they require, it is exceptionally productive for sending and getting gigantic records securely and rapidly. Centrally oversee this benefit with the capacity to get to administrations from different gadgets and stages. This benefit has facilitated the issue of sharing data safely with accomplices and specialists.

PROS

Sharefile has numerous instruments that make the computer program simple to utilize, apps to utilize on desktop or versatile, join records safely or over certain measure limits, integrative with other program like RightSignature. The item is accessible with the choice of cloud-based and on-premises, it is very simple to introduce and arrange, permits sending or asking huge records with others. It has software/plugin for Viewpoint, portable gadgets, etc. You'll be able too adjust substance, the record exchange is very quick, it permits you to customize the appearance of the app to a few degree.

CONS

The computer program has a few disadvantages, authorization settings for organizers are not simple to oversee for all clients who have admin rights, notice settings for transfers can be effortlessly misplaced and capturing/resetting them awkward, and self-service charging was a bit of a challenge (was on auto pay, when changing memberships that got changed and couldn't be reached by back at Citrix after clearing out messages). Tall accessibility setup for Citrix ShareFile may be a issue, at slightest we managed with it. I wish there was a more loose alternative to customize the appearance of the item interface from the point of view of the conclusion client.

Steve

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2023

The convenience of cloud storage with ShareFile is unmatched

ShareFile has proven to be very efficient, has a one-of-a-kind cloud-based management system, and falls into the category of a deep and excellent collaboration service. Both our document management efficiency and performance have increased through centralizing and organizing data, improving collaboration, prioritizing security, and providing mobility in the workplace. Some divisions benefit greatly from it, as it fosters the productive intersection of files. It has proven to be an excellent tool for storing and exchanging documents on a regular basis, so I strongly advise its use. Too much, in fact; I think companies that rely heavily on files would greatly benefit from implementing ShareFile.

PROS

Thanks to ShareFile, I can keep a lot of information spread across reliable documents and maintain a bird's-eye view of very comprehensive document management initiatives. Its compatibility with iOS and Android has made it possible for us to view and share files from any mobile device at any time. Because of how well its servers work, it is continually updated.

CONS

Sometimes there are issues with the software while it is running, and other times there is no clear pattern of fluidity established beforehand.

Accounting, 1 employee

Offshore Customer Service for US Customers is HORRIBLE

It was not a good expensive. It was expensive, customer service was horrible, and I was never able to get any information on adding eSignature functionality to my account.

PROS

ShareFile was somewhat easy for my clients to understand and use, so there wasn't much of a learning curve.

CONS

Customer service is nonexistent, for all intents and purposes. You're directed to their Help & Support website, which does not usually have the information useful to resolve issues that I ran into, so the next option is a Chat functionality. The Chat is operated by representatives outside of the USA, and replies are canned responses. I just wasted more than 40 minutes cancelling the service, for the second time. I canceled it the first time in June, and was assigned a case number, and sent a confirmation. But then today, my credit card was billed for another annual subscription fee, so I had to follow up, and it has been an excruciatingly painful experience. Also, there is no e-signature functionality built in to ShareFile, so it's useless for tax compliance document management. There is apparently an add-in for RightSignature, but I could never get any information, and only heard through other accountant groups that it is very expensive. ShareFile is expensive enough on its own, so it wasn't worth it to continue, since there are accounant specific applications out there that do a much better job.

Darren

Consumer Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Excellent for sensitive data sharing

PROS

Honestly the whole software is easy to use. Importing a file takes less than a minute and I have a link generated to be able to send to specific users or to a broader audience in case the client wants to share on a larger scale. Gives our company confidence that sensitive data is being protected more than sending an attachment via email

CONS

Minimal thing, but you can't generate a link to share a file if that file is still open on your computer.

Shahirah

Financial Services, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed October 2021

The best for cloud file sharing

Overall, ShareFile is very fine software and has help our organization to centralize our data at one place and not depending on the local storage device as we used before.

PROS

ShareFile gives an easy option for files transferring which user only need to upload the files, and then the public link of the file will automatically generated for us and ready to be distributed to the relevant parties. The recipient of the files is not compulsory to register account with the website to start download the file.

CONS

The software is quite slow to show all the files that i have on the cloud storage. It keep loading and takes some time to completely populate all of the files that i own. Sometimes, it just keep loading and i need to refresh the application to fix it.

Virginia

Financial Services, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2023

Sharefile is a simple switch!

PROS

I love the simplicity of using this program and how quick I was able to implement it in my business

CONS

The price has crept up slowly and I have been able to absorb it in my business but Im not sure how long it will last if it keeps increasing in price

Charles

Legal Services, 11-50 employees

Sharefile is Reliable and Secure

PROS

Sharefile allows ease of secure storage for all file types and an easy way to share them with others for download.

CONS

How slow it is to search through the thousands and thousands of files we store on Sharefile - honestly, nothing

Figo

Design, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2023

Best experience with ShareFile

What an excellent platform for sharing various files safely and easily. It has helped me a lot, especially in my work. I hope for continuous updates.

PROS

What I love about it is the ease of sharing files easily and securely

CONS

There is nothing specific, but perhaps the speed of performance

Reviewed December 2023

ShareFile Gives my Clients Piece of Mind!

Overall our experience was very positive. Sharefile helped us achieve our goals of having a safe and secure way of sharing documents.

PROS

While working as an Account Executive, I was handling very confidential documents, including sensitive client information and contracts. Sharefile gave my clients the piece of mind knowing that anything we shared was secure and safe at all times. We loved how the platform was compatible with both Dropbox and Google platforms. We also enjoyed no longer having to rely on PDF document sharing, and found that this centralized method was easy and efficient for both us and our clients. We also found the ability to use 3 options to share files was awesome: including uploading from our computer, from our Sharefile account, or by dragging them.

CONS

Only downside of the platform was it was getting more expensive when you wanted more usability.

Reviewed September 2023

Review for ShareFile

good choice for businesses that need a secure and reliable file sharing platform

PROS

cloud-based file sharing and collaboration platform that helps businesses securely share files with internal and external users. It offers a wide range of features, including:- Secure file sharing- Audit trails

CONS

ShareFile does not have as many features as some other file sharing platforms, such as Box and Dropbox.

Jason

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2021

Easy to Use

Overall, sharefile is a great tool if you need to quickly find a file sharing solution and a way to send files securely vs. sending items through e-mail attachments. The alerting/notification features are also nice so users are reminded when new information is available to download and review. It's great for file sharing, but there may be better options if you intend to perform an entire audit within sharefile as documentation can get voluminous. Sharefile is a great document portal to send files here and there as needed, but it really shouldn't be used as the interface for a working file if multiple users need to access and work within at the same time.

PROS

The software offers alot of benefit in sending files securely between parties, and offering a shared drive between internal and external users to exchange documentation for purposes of performing professional services (audits, tax, consulting, etc.) It's intuitive to use and set permissions and access control as an administrator. Alerts and notification settings are also useful to alert users when information is available.

CONS

Unlike other similar offerings, users can't work in the same files at the same time without causing the system to save new versions of the file. This can be frustrating when multiple users need to access and work on the same file as needed, and no ones work overrides others when trying to save the file. Additionally, it's sometime difficult to tell what folder contain files as Citrix doesnt show the size (MB) of any folders, the web browser version does, but the browser is less user friendly than navigating the shared drive structures through the citrix addon.

Reviewed November 2017

Sharefile is a quick easy way to manage, store, host, receive, request, and transmit documents.

This software gives me a peace of mind I couldn't get through many other document repository sites. I suppose the only issue is some of my clients aren't sure how secure transmissions of unencrypted data is via the site.

PROS

I don't ever worry about Sharefile glitching. When my coworker experienced trouble syncing, she told me the support team she called stayed on the phone with her and walked her through everything and waited to make sure the issues resolved. It puts my mind at ease, which is very important when talking about all the documentation for everything I do. My business relies on my documentation. It's great knowing it's also cloud-hosted so I don't have to worry about losing access due to any potential hardware malfunctions.

CONS

I don't have much to say in terms of cons related to Sharefile's service and product. It is so straightforward and user friendly. It's intuitive - my boss was shocked when I had downloaded, synced, and set up the whole company Sharefile on my new device before he got the chance to explain what I needed to do. I attribute that to the intuitive, consistent, helpful design.

Noah

Law Practice, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2020

Noah's review of Sharefile

Overall, for the price (billed quarterly), it's not bad. They seem to be the most prominent secure file sharing service, and I'm not sure if their competitors are able to offer the same quality of service at a comparable price. For the time being, I would say Sharefile is a safe bet.

PROS

The services provided by Sharefile that I like the most are: A) The "send a link" option for emailing confidential documents to clients. This allows me to quickly upload the documents, copy a link, and paste it into an email, without cluttering the email with a large graphic or anything of that nature. B) The ease in which you can set up notification email forwarding. I like to keep track of what other users are receiving from clients, and Sharefile makes it easy to set up a system where I get email notifications regardless of the user in our firm who is receiving documents.

CONS

I dislike the outlook extension for Sharefile. When inserting files to share into an email using the outlook extension (not the "send a link" option), a large box autogenerates in the body of the email that disrupts the format of the email. I also dislike the fact you have to have purchase a certain "tier" of membership in order to upload folders to clients through Sharefile. Without being able to organize files into folders, the burden of organization falls upon the client.

maxime

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2019

Sharefile : A good product with unresolved bugs for years !

Overall, it's a very good/solid product, with usefull features and good UX/UI. Sadly, the persistent bugs and the slowness of the upload for multiple low volume files make Sharefile impossible to use as repository : it is a good tool to share 1/2 files with clients via emails, nothing more.

PROS

Ease of use, basic functionnalities do work properly, connectivity with Outlook (via Sharefile plug-in)

CONS

The recurent bugs / issues that see no corrections (for years). The first ones that come in mind : - every 4-6 months, you have to reinstall Sharefile desktop because the app is not the same anymore. Same for the Sharefile plugin for Outlook. - ~90% of the time, you have to launch Sharefile desktop twice to start it. It happens on all computers I've tested Sharefile desktop on (rouhgly 20 computers with different setups) - With 'double validation' connexions, you'll receive as many as 3 SMS, most of the time I receive 2 of them (only one containing the right validation code). Same happens for many Sharefile users I know.

aanchal

Management Consulting

Reviewed March 2018

Best tool to share big files!

PROS

The feature that I love the most is that I do not have to checkin any document. Its simple drag and drop feature makes it very easy to use. Every time I have a big file to share, Sharefile is always my first preference. Unlike other file sharing tools, Sharefile lets you share a direct link with anyone. The person at the other end does not really have to worry about the whole file structure, the only thing visible is the one particular file that has been shared.

CONS

Though the tool is extremely easy to use, there is no lock feature available. If the environment were to be accessed by multiple users at the same time, there could be version related issues. Though the different versions can be seen easily yet this tool does not seem to have the required amount of sophistication required for a very professional setup.

Reviewed November 2019

Sharefile for ease of access to files across networks

It has been great working with Sharefile. We have cut down IT infrastructure costs by a huge amount. We are very happy with the functionality and how we can continue to share files across the wide locations of our organisation.

PROS

Sharefile was pretty straight forward on the implementation side for our accounting practices network which is located in different offices across the continent. We did not need to hire expensive IT professionals for this task. We did it using our internal resources. Being cloud based we also have not had to invest in any extra infrastructure. It plugs in well with outlook making it much easier for us to send retrieve and send files from Outlook with just a few clicks. Overall for the cost this has been a great solution for us.

CONS

I have no real cons with this software as it is effective and does what it does. Some of our people on the network complain of speed but this is probably more a problem caused by their internet speed and connection.

Kevin

Law Practice, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2019

Great if you need HIPAA compliant sharing

The biggest issue we had was that we needed HIPAA compliant file sharing, and it fits the need perfectly.

PROS

As a Citrix product it carries the usual value for the price, ease of use, and reliability you can expect from them. A huge plus is that it is also HIPAA compliant, and was the most cost-efficient solution we found that was.

CONS

We haven't had any negatives at all with using ShareFile so far, and we've been using it for about 2 years now.

Reason for choosing ShareFile

Price, and features.

Holly

Reviewed February 2018

Easy to use, awesome customer service!

It's very user-friendly, easy to use and the customer service is outstanding. They are always offering free webinars to help you get the most out of their product,

PROS

Sharefile is very user-friendly which is extremely helpful for our clients. Sending huge files that contain personal information can be scary, particularly to our clientele,. So, to have something that is easy to use, yet safe, makes a huge difference. Their customer service is outstanding. If you have a question of any kind, they are always available to answer questions and offer solutions as to how to get the most out of this software.

CONS

The biggest issue I have is that not everyone uses it. In the Elder Law arena, many clients and even state and county offices are resistant to change and technology, and would rather just rely on using tons of paper. I'm really hoping that this changes in the near future.