• Pros

• "Very easy to use. Great desktop and mobile environments. Able to share files easily."

• "Very easy to set up and use. Updates were regular and fixed any glitches"

• "It was super easy to setup, allows backing up of existing folders (as opposed to Box.com or Dropbox). We really like the version history."

• Cons

• "Had some glitches early on but updates fixed them"

• "I wish it had more integrations to other software."

• "Sometimes the syncing between the different ways to use this tool can create issues by not keeping everything updated together."

Browse SugarSync Reviews

Jenna from Pocketstop

Great file sharing solution

Overall, this is a wonderful solution for SMBs to efficiently share files without investing in a complicated enterprise solution that requires IT setup and maintenance.

Pros

The best thing about this software is that I can download the shared folder and sync locally so I don't HAVE to use the web app if I don't want to. I can drag and drop files and sub folders on my desktop and still sync with the cloud.

Cons

One team member in particular can't delete anything, files and folders she deletes keeps reappearing. We think this is because the version we have is older and not supported anymore, honestly. We have it as a legacy and they don't sell it anymore. I don't believe the newer versions have this issue.

Rebecca from Vanguard Utility Service

Industry: Utilities

Easy to use with comparable price point

Pros

App was easy to use and teach employees to use, implementation was smooth transition from previous app. Integration with other apps worked better than other apps used by company.

Cons

Pricing for small business use is a bit too high.

Reasons for Switching to SugarSync

Integration with other applications

This Software Has Stopped Working with the Latest MacOS

It had served me well for a long time, although things always seemed a little on the verge of breaking down. Usually it didn't. Now it doesn't work at all. The customer support team are trying and are nice, but they are just being fed lines from their developers and can't offer any information about when an update will be available. What they are relaying indicates that the problem was on the verge of being fixed, but that line has continued to be served up.

Pros

I liked that you can select the folders that you want to sync, back when the software used to work. It used to be a decent product and serve a role in the syncing world that other software didn't.

Cons

It occasionally would get buggy and there would be a need a few times a year to get on the phone with customer service and resolve new issues. But most of all, it is completely useless to me now because it no longer works with the latest MacOS. Mac pushes their users to update frequently to the latest, safest OS. There is no way anyone should not upgrade because they want to keep using SugarSync.

SugarSync offers the folder specific syncing that very few others do.

Pros

Pretty much what it claims to do is what I like best about it. It's like being asked "What do you like best about a back scratcher?" It scratches my back! This software syncs my files and it does do allowing me to select the folders I want, which allows me to keep my computers set up in the folder structure that I want. (Most others, like Dropbox, which I also like and use, but for different reasons , make you use their folder.)

Cons

Once in a while there is a hiccup and the sync stops working properly for a certain folder. That can be a little nerve wracking to fix, but for the most part, it's a time saver. I also don't like that they went from freemium to pay only at one point; it's not that it wasn't worth it, but it always feels a little sneaky when you become reliant on something and then you're almost "forced" to keep going with it.

Great features to sync and backup files in the cloud

Overall, I love using this software to back up and share my files with others. It was easy to use and has features that other competitors didn't have.

Pros

Sugarsync is easy to use and configure so it's accessible on all devices. Love how you can choose specific folders to sync and backup.

Cons

Over the years the price of the plans have gone up compare to other competitors like Dropbox and Google Drive.

Reasons for Choosing SugarSync

It made it easy to backup specific folders

Love it but have to troubleshoot regularly

Really love that I don't have to check files in/out when I work on them. If another user is editing a document in parallel, the SugarSync system saves both versions. Wish it were more reliable.

Pros

Platform is ideal for a small business with a handful of remote users. Files are synced in the cloud and duplicated on a user's hard drive.

Cons

Occasionally it just stops syncing files. Usually I discover this when I'm in the middle of collaborating with a team member or working on a critical document. It is frustrating to have to reboot or refresh which usually fixes the problem but not always.

Martha from Grape Logistics

Industry: Wine and Spirits

Sugar Sync user

Generally was exactly what I required with a good result

Pros

I found SugarSync user friendly and well suited for the purpose I required, which was to be able to access parts of our server remotely including without internet access.

Cons

Sometimes there was a double save of documents which was confusing. In these cases we would need to work out which was the latest document and delete the oversave.

Samantha from All Occasion Photography

Love sugarsync for 2 way syncing of files

Love its usability and how it backs up all my files!

Pros

I have been using sugarsync for over 5 years and I absolutely love it! My files are backup automatically to the cloud and I can select which folders are backed up automatically and can even change this on multiple devices. I backup my cellphone, laptop and tablet with it and have never lost anything!

Marcos from Teachlr

A great way to share files and keep them always updated, anywhere, anytime!

Pros

In addition to all the features that usually present this type of tools, such as a synchronization folder, share with collaborators, etc. This application allows backups and automatic synchronizations on all devices. Even upload files vía email. Additionally, you can save backup copies of your file structures to prevent accidental fatalities!

Cons

The bad thing, unlike similar ones, is that you can not edit the files online. You can edit them through a program on your computer, but as soon as the file is saved, it can be updated immediately and automatically in all the folders in which it is located. At least that's what they have ...

SugarSync Review

Pros

Our team loves the flexibility that SugarSync gives us to quickly and easily share documents with each other.

Cons

Occasionally, we run into syncing issues, even when all of us have the desktop app open and the SugarSync icon is green.

Scott from MidShore IT

SugarSync has by-far been the most reliable file-sync program I have used to date.

SugarSync allows me to easily syncronize files between all of my computers without having to move them from their original locations into a central folder.

Pros

The biggest feature of this program, and the one I admire the most, is the ability to sync files and folders anywhere on the computer without having to move them to a specific folder. All the other systems require you to move your data into a specific folder they create, but SugarSync allows you to right click on any file/folder on your computer (including network drives and external drives) and choose to sync the right where they stand. I also like their new backup copy feature that maintains an extra copy of whatever folders you want for safety and versioning changes.

Cons

The price is the worst part of this program - it is far more expensive than any other program like it that I have ever used, and each year I am forced to think hard on whether or not I want to renew them or not. They are at least 5 times more expensive than their closest competitor, and the only justification is syncing files/folder where they sit.

Blaine from Goldman Equipment

Industry: Farming

Very nice file sync program.

Overall we are very happy with sugarsync.

Pros

What i think sets SugarSync apart from other file sync programs is that you can chose to sync any file or folder on your computer. You don't have to change your file structure or drop files in a certain spot to sync.

Cons

I would like the ability to access and restore files of other users in our company account. It would help with support of some users.

Amanda from Tiffin University

Decent resource for multiple users

Pros

My group has been using this as a repository for file sharing for many years. The app allows us to easily access files on the go. Files and folders can be renamed with ease.

Cons

When a new file is uploaded the date does not change to the most recent date. Moving files is a bit cumbersome as there is no ability to drag and drop to move files among folders.

Stephan from Koenig Property

Runs great, could use a few more features

It is a great product, support does a lowsy job.

Pros

I can keep my own folder structure. I share folders with my family and they also can keep their structure. All is synchronized. We use Notebooks, so a normal server would not work when we are traveling.

Cons

No option to syncronisze network drives (NAS etc) Iphone App picture sync totally buggy and unreliable.

Bud from Bud Hartley Consulting

Sync across multiple machines

The ability to access and change a file from multiple systems and have the change propagated to multiple locations.

Pros

The interface is almost intuitive. The program keeps files (and folders) completely in Sync across Windows and MAC systems. Changes on one system appear on others. The Sync can be set so only certain folders are on a given system.

Catherine from Eranthe Law Firm

Keeps Files Backed Up To Cloud

Recently had to upgrade some computers as they were Windows 7. I was able to obtain all my doucments fairly quickly form the cloud backup.

Pros

It seamlessly backs up files to the cloud. Keeps my computer documents updated from desktop to laptop.

Cons

Support is limited to email and the links online aren't the most intuitive.

Great File Sync Software

Needed to have up to date copies of all my files and photos on all my computers. Sugarsync did this with ease, running in the background so that everything was always up to date

Pros

Very easy to set up and use. Updates were regular and fixed any glitches

Cons

Had some glitches early on but updates fixed them

Dan from Dan X. Nguyen, Esq.

Industry: Law Practice

A Hidden Gem

Pros

I really like how I can right click a file a create a public link. Other software requires to go into the website a get a link, which is many more steps. I also really like the versioning

Cons

I wish it had more integrations to other software.

Easy to Setup, Cheap Backup Solution

Pros

Cons

I didn't find anything that we really disliked about SugarSync. It did everything we were looking for and more.

Sanel from Infinite Software Solutions Inc.

SugarSync - A Very Useful Cloud Service

Better for personal use than business usage.

Pros

Cons

Pricey for a lack of advanced collaboration features.

Yvonne from ProTPA

SugarSync

Great way to securely share files with coworkers or clients.

Pros

It is easy to share and access files securely.

Cons

It isn't supported for use with a server.

Great Tool To Store Company Documents

Overall the experience has been good using this tool.

Pros

You can use this either as a web app, native app, or sync it with your computer. It is easy to use for anyone.

Marisa from The Kevin Eikenberry Group

Not great for teams

We were trying to use it to share files among our remote team but it created way more headache than anything else. It was also a pain to get our accounts cancelled. We moved to G-Suite and have never been happier.

Pros

The fact that there was a backup online as well as on your machine was nice. Being able to share folders theoretically seems great.

Cons

The fact that we couldn't have a team based folder. Maybe it was just based on how we used the product but for us, my boss had access to the main folder and he had to share permission with people to get access to it. But he wasn't always available so we'd have to download the file and send it to the person who needed it. Over time, this became really hard to manage as well as a version control issue. Plus having all of the files on every single person's computer was causing a space issue too.

Jeremy from Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health

Industry: Mental Health Care

Was perfect, now not functioning well

Pros

Can sync any folder, customizable by device. The ability to sync multiple devices across platforms is great, including mobile for true access anywhere. Copy public link is a great, easy way to send a file to someone.

Cons

Lately, the desktop app hogs tons of resources and seems like it's constantly using 30 or more % processor. While it wasn't always this way, it's not completely reliable in terms of keeping files synced- I've had issues with file versions getting mixed up after thinking/expecting they were in sync. This requires a app exit and restart to re-trigger the syncing process.

Md Muhibbul from T-Mobile

SugarSync Review

Overall, SugarSync is a good cloud service to share files with automated notifications setup within a group that makes the communication and sharing easier.

Pros

1) Very good cloud file sharing service with user friendly interface that has industry standard features to be used either for an organization or specific group or individual use cases. 2) Probably little better in price comparison compared to other cloud file sharing services as per experience. 3) Able to add any user with different roles and permissions without any issue.

Cons

It's not free and trial version probably has some limitations. In addition, files will be removed after certain times of inactivity and may not be able to recover.

SugarSync

This software is reliable and versatile in allowing synchronization with only selected folders.

Pros

Very easy to use and share files easily. Great desktop and mobile environments. Works across multiple platforms including Windows, Macintosh, OIS, & Android.

Cons

It isn't supported for use with a server and can be cumbersome with many users. Somewhat pricey compared to other applications.

Alaina from Sound Sensation Entertainment

Great cloud file-sharing!

Sugar Sync's quick file storing and sharing software is a must-have for any business.

Pros

The SugarSync app is great to keep files organized and file share with a team of employees. Keeping files on a cloud base software saves from storing larger files on our computers.

Cons

Sugar Sync seems to require an update every week or two that takes a very long time to complete. Most of the time, we just update before we leave for the day.

Camila from Teachlr Organizaciones LMS

It seems to me an extremely useful tool!

Pros

I have been using this tool very recently because I met it a short time ago, however, it seems too useful! You can synchronize the files to the cloud without having to have them in a very specific folder, you can also do it from wherever and whenever!

Cons

One of the few things that plays this great tool is its price, I think it is a bit high, however, if you are a person who wants everything to be in the cloud for more protection, in the end you will end up looking for the best quality and ease.

Andrew from Bickford Senior Living

Perfect cloud based storage application for home users. Uploading by email is a nice feature

Pros

The ability to backup literally anything is nice. You can upload files by email directly to your cloud storage with no file size limit. Setting permissions on the files is easy to do, and they give you a good amount of storage to start with.

Cons

Used to be a free service, now you have to pay for your storage. Cost is relatively cheap, but I lost access to files when I decided not to pay my subscription. Be sure to always have a local backup copy of your data!

N. Jordan from Dogfish Head

File-syncing and backup across entire sales team

Pros

Easy way to share sales resources documents in a place where everyone on sales team can access and upload edits.

Cons

Organization can be somewhat cumbersome with so many users

Jason from Forefront

Solid product that got the job done

Pros

I liked the ease of setting up everything. The online tutorial I found was super helpful and had everything done pretty quickly.

Cons

Ultimately, it didn't play nice with some of the other programs we were using. We found another solution that integrates well, but I would still recommend it if someone asked.

Dropkicked Dropbox

Pros

Very intuitive for tech challenged user - easy to sync with my Iphone and stores tons of stuff. Literally have two computers backed up thru SS and use it to back up my Iphone.

Cons

Seems to be less innovative than it was a few years ago - do not see ads, etc.. but it still does everything I want and more.

August 2016

Sandra

August 2016

Jay from SAIC

It works well overall but there are better options out there

I used to use SugarSync for quite a few years until I started having issues keeping multiple computers synchronized. I found better options that were more cost effective. It was pretty easy to use and setup though.

Pros

Easy to Use Has nice sharing features between computers

Cons

Problems with updating software particularly between computers that caused sync issues

SugarSync doesn't offer anything unique to justify the cost of the service.

Pros

SugarSync is a cloud backup solution that allows you to backup your data to the cloud. It works almost intuitively, allowing you to select what folders and files you want to sync, and instead of creating duplicates on your system and hogging space like Dropbox and other options do, SugarSync allows you to sync items in place, without creating a SugarSync directory on your computer with copied versions of all the files.

Cons

Unfortunately, SugarSync did not work with MyCloud, which meant it wasn't the app for me. It's also insanely expensive. I can get 1-2TB of storage from other places at a lesser price than a month, that do the same exact thing. In my opinion, SugarSync doesn't offer anything truly unique or life-changing that can justify the cost of the service, especially as after awhile, it started running up the CPU and taking more and more resources from other programs.

Ken from McDowell County Corrections

Excellent option to keep your files sync'd across different platforms.

Pros

This software works to synchronize files across several platforms, such as android, windows, IOS or Mac.

Cons

Costs - there are other programs available although they don't work quite as well, in doing virtually the same thing.

Nathan from City of LA

I have used sugarsync to keep my files secure and structured how I like them.

Pros

I enjoy backing up all my folders in the same structure I created them on my computer. When I need to go to my backups (never ideal) I can quickly get why I need fast. I also like the ability to share folders with permissions when necessary.

Cons

From the business side, nothing. From the personal side, just wish I could automatically backup photos since that's near and dear to me. Not a huge deal, though, more or a nice to have. I still think sugarsync is a great offering.

Carlos from Instituto de Ingenieria

Use SugarSync for a year only because the sync client not work anymore in my PC.

Pros

Make posible sync in easy form different files and folders in identical form that these seen in your PC, permit sync in multiples plataform (desktop, cloud, smartphone)

Cons

In my opinion, pay all month for this services is too expensive. Exist many other software that offer better conditions an are free.

Great back up software.

Pros

Ran seamless in the background and made it easy to store all files and data in the cloud. Great interface.

Cons

I eventually switched to just using google drive which is a lot more affordable and it works better with other software I use.

David from Ogle School Management

Sugarsync is an easy to use backup solution.

Pros

The thing I like most about the software is how easy it was to configure everything. I was up an running in no time at all.

Cons

The thing I least liked about the software was the cost and functionality. I had better results using other free alternative cloud base backup software

Excellent for easy access to saving files.

Pros

I enjoy that you can save different files such as music you may have download as well as pictures. You can reach your files from your phone or computer.

Cons

I haven't found anything that I dislike with this software besides that it does cost money to use. However, it's pretty cheap.

Nicole from Campus Escapes

I tried using this software in lieu of using Drop Box or Google Drive.

Pros

I liked that this software would keep your existing file structure so that it was basically like having your desktop available anywhere at anytime.

Cons

I didn't think the cost was worth it for the folder structure feature. And since it was a recurring charge, I decided to find another type of software to fit my needs.

Ross from The Michener Institute

Average file syncing solution

Pros

Does what it says on the tin. Syncs files.

Cons

Nothing special, no better or worse than the thousands of other similar solutions on the market. No reason to choose it over its competitors.

Brady

Good dropbox like solution but not as fast as others

Pros

I really like the option to sync folders like dropbox and is easy to setup and share files with others.

Cons

I don't know if it was just me, but the web browser downloads were painfully slow. I had Google Fiber and it struggled