What are Sync.com users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Sync.com software through verified user reviews

• icon"Sync is great for uploading, editing and sharing files with coworkers, although NOT for editing in real time. The desktop application is handy for quick access to the files."
  • icon"I found it very easy to navigate the platform and was able to quickly upload files of various standard formats: pdf, jpg, word, and excel."
  • icon"It's a cloud service that is well-priced and with many great security features for sharing files."
  • icon"It's really hard to find cons for this cloud service."
  • icon"The browser panel is also not able to reconnect to the cloud once the Internet connection is lost."
  • icon"The data upload via the browser panel is just pure pain. Watching the upload progress from Europe to the sync.com servers in Canada makes me cry bloody tears: it is just so terribly slow, slooooooow."

Browse all Sync.com Reviews

• Have you used Sync.com and would like to share your experience with others?

Kim

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

Time used: Unspecified

December 2021

Sync.com User Review

Charles

Like having an external backup with sharing capabilities in one

Very happy.

Pros

I love the way it's so easy to share any link and that I can easily remove someone's permission. Also, my colleague is having problems with her computer so Sync is really stopping her from losing some of those files and also it means I can access them on my computer or she can on another computer.

Cons

I have no complaints. Although sometimes the only way I can access my colleagues' files in the shared folder on the desktop is by logging in on the online version or even her version. So if it was instantly there without, it would be better, but the fact I can still easily access and download the files makes it not much of a problem.

Reasons for choosing Sync.com

It had more features, Backblaze when I used it a few years earlier didn't have file sharing and every time I needed a file with them. I'd have to download and reupload. So I was looking for a much easier, convenient solution. And I found it.

Reasons for switching to Sync.com

There was a promotion on at the time and I thought I'd give it a go.

Lynn

Excellent Storage Option

My overall experience with Sync.com has been excellent. I have relied on it for many years now, primarily as a means to back up my important documents, but also as a convenience to access documents from wherever I may be in an emergency. I am surprised by the low price (I think it has been $49/year for several years now), so it is a great service for the cost.

Pros

Sync.com was very easy to implement and it runs almost flawlessly. I have had very little problems in the several years that I have relied on Sync.com for my cloud/back-up storage. Also, I can access my documents very easily from anywhere, including my phone. It is great and the price was about half that of dropbox.

Cons

A couple of times I found that the back-up was not functioning. This may have been a result in a glitch in my computer that was interfering with the back-up, but when it did happen a couple of times, it caused quite a panic because I didn't know for how long things were not being backed-up. I also found it a little difficult to authorize someone else to have access to my documents, although I was able to figure it out after a while.

Reasons for choosing Sync.com

Based on a recommendation heard at a legal seminar, and also the price was great.

Reasons for switching to Sync.com

I was concerned about the protections offered by Dropbox, and Sync.com was mentioned as a good alternative at a legal seminar I was attending. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the price was half of what Dropbox was charging.

Koon

Started off great but have fallen fast

Started off as a good system for small businesses with one of two users. Once you have files (we are at 120GB of 2TB quota) and the system stops syncing across devices completely. The only support option is through a contact form, and support team takes 2-3 days to respond. As a premium member, this "priority" support is poor.

Pros

Affordable pricing, easy to use system, supports multiple platform.

Cons

Doesn't work for teams with lots of files. Syncing files between computers take days. Support is irresponsive. Premium members receiving "priority" support still gets a reply after 2-3 days.

Reasons for choosing Sync.com

Affordable pricing. Unlimited users if used Team Share folders.

Alexandra

Super secure but somehow unattractive to use

Easy to set up, secure, and more free storage than dropbox. Down and uploading was difficult at some point, so now we only use it sporadically. Also, with proton and mega we find our needs are met better. Since we already use proton mail.

Pros

Back in 2019 when proton mail did not have secure storage, this was the most secure document storage system in the cloud we could find. So we opened an account. It has 7 (plus 1 if you activate additional functions) GB of free storage, and beats dropbox in that as well. The file sharing works just as easy. It is a good software, essentially.

Cons

Uploading and downloading can be a chore, and with proton mail having their own cloud now, and mega.nz offering even more free storage, we have now two options that suit us better. Also, the UI is pretty basic. I csnt quite put my finger at it, but I really disliked navigating it and now only rarely use it.

Reasons for choosing Sync.com

Seemed more secure, more free storage

Reasons for switching to Sync.com

More free storage, more security.

Brahm

After 1 year using Pro version of Dropbox and Sync, I now only use Sync.com

Pros

Fast. Affordable. Secure. Intuitive. For half the price of Dropbox, plus the ability to recover old versions and deleted files. For business, teams are basically free, compare to Dropbox where an account with teams isan amount per user, sync is a small amount per user. Sync also has a vault feature, which is a nice for backup files and long term storage of files that you want to keep safe and don't need to work with everyday. Love that when you share folders with someone, the shared folders only count toward the original users quota. This makes it possible for a PRO user to share large files with free account users. With Dropbox, I couldn't share large folders with clients unless they had a paid Dropbox account.

Cons

If you try to change too many file or folder names in too short a time, Sync starts to produce conflicting files, especially if you have two computers syncing to the cloud at the same time. Dropbox algorithms seem to resolve file conflicts better. There is not much customer support to speak of, just help boards and email.

Eduardo

Easy file sharing

It's a good service overall, I have a 2TB paid plan. I've been using it to work with a remote team and it's been seamless most of the time. We work on different continents and time zones, as well as different file formats and I haven't encountered any major issues. The only downside I find is the conflicted files when two or more people are working on a document at the same time. Perhaps if there was a way to track changes and merge the files it would be better, but I guess that would be a different service.

Pros

- Easy to set up an account. - Easy to install and use in your PC. - Real-time update of documents across machines, cloud, time zones and continents.

Cons

- Sometimes due to connection trouble sync is lost and I had to do a manual pause > resume to make it work. - It's hard to go over the work on a conflicted file when two people had the same document open at the same time and saved changes to it.

Kent

Easy, Secure and Priced Right. What isn't there to like?

Pros

I was looking for an alternative to Dropbox, Google and Microsoft's OneDrive and found it in Sync. I needed something inexpensive and easy for my clients to use. Most aren't tech savvy. They just want to set it and forget it. Another thing going for Sync is it is a secure storage system. They can't look at the file contents and no one else can either. It is encrypted end-to-end. With business plans from 1TB to 10TBs, there is something for any size business.

Cons

The only one that comes to mind is, when a directory is shared between several users/computers, it can take a moment after opening a directory on the computer for it to be updated to show the new files in it. But just a few seconds so nothing major.

Lisa

Secure and affordable file sharing.

We needed a file storage system that was more secure than Google Drive, and affordable. This fit the bill. I like that I feel more confident our files are now secure and that it isn't breaking the bank.

Pros

We share files among a team and needed a solution that would allow us keep doing that in a user-friendly way. We also needed it to be secure. Sync.com works very well for us in these ways.

Cons

There are a few quirks that are challenging - for example, you can't rename top-level folders for a whole team that are shared with a team, and that moving files breaks the link to those files. They are small things and wouldn't make us stop using it.

For better security.

William

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Fantastic and so close to perfect.

It's been great! Simply put.

Pros

I love this software - it's fast and inexpensive. It's simple to use and there is an app!

Cons

I realize you have to trade security for usability right? If this software would allow more use-ability (i.e. within MS Word, Excel, Autodesk, email plugins) then this would soar past Dropbox, Google Drive and OneDrive....

Cost for storage space!

Jan

My goto file backup and synchronisation tool

Replaced my old Dropbox account for client files management

Pros

- Easy to setup and control the workflow - Fast sync and you can choose exactly what folders to sync - Easy to share folders and documents for sync with other and collaborate - Includes a history for your activities - Can check if a file has been downloaded (great for clients review) - Team shared folders - More pricing options - Easy access and management through the web application

Cons

- Does not have as many integrations with third parties yet compared to other platforms - Hard to tell which files and folders are shared and to whom within the desktop app

Secure and Affordable Cloud Storage

We use Sync.com successfully to organize our large documents and files that we share with clients. Many times, clients have to send us very large media files. Instead of trying to send these through emails or through WeTransfer, it is so much more organized to send them an invitation to a shared folder and have them upload as much as they want into that folder. It saves everybody time, and it keeps things more organized. It also gives me peace of mind knowing that all of the data is encrypted and secure.

Pros

This cloud storage service is simple, affordable, and secure. It does everything you need it to do. It is cheaper than alternatives, but it still has strong encryption and best security practices. The interface is easy to use, and it is easy to share folders with other users/collaborators. The desktop app works nicely to keep the folders on your computer in sync with any changes made by other users. When we do file sharing with clients, the interface is intuitive, so we never have to guide them through the process.

Cons

It's not as ubiquitous, so we usually ask our client to create the free account with Sync.com first to start sharing their files with us. I was also not aware that the "Vault" service provided by Sync.com is not adequate to do a full backup of my hard drive. I found that out after trying and failing and dealing with the customer support until they finally realized that this wouldn't work because some of the cache files were changing too often in the background. Overall, the customer support was helpful throughout the process though.

Reasons for switching to Sync.com

Switched from Dropbox because the pricing was going to change, and then I started to look into it more, and the security/encryption of Dropbox is really not that strong. I would rather trust my business to a platform that cares more about the security and data encryption.

Sync.com- for perfect sync

If you are basic Dropbox or One drive user, just switch on to the Sync.com for hassle-free cloud service with high-security measures and real-time protection. Just try it. Highly recommended.

Pros

I was get interacted with sync.com during looking for an alternative for OneDrive. Highly recommended with security measures of Sync.com and we can keep our files with secure and 100% private. The file transferring speed is really quick when compared to the OneDrive for both downloading & Uploading. Still, we can manage our files with any of our devices and the mobile version is really helpful to keep our files up to date. We can share our files instantly and plans start with 5GB for free of charge. We can send our files with self-destruction features and password protection and even we can share our files to non-Sync.com users.

Cons

It's really hard to find cons for this cloud service. Hope the subscriptions fees will be reduced in future in order to compete for cloud service kings such as Dropbox and Google Drive. The free plan should be more in future to attract newcomers.

for convenient

Easy filesharing syncing and backup

I use it to back up the companies Documents and share them across three computers. Always in sync. I also use it to share big files via links and email with customers. For personal use i use it to send HD big video and photo files to friends and family. So simple.

Pros

It is so easy to use and never fails to do what it should. I much prefer it to onedrive or dropbox etc etc. You can try it out for free for ever as long as you want if you do not need too much storage space or too may concurrent links or too much history saving. I have hardly ever had to look at the help it is so intuitive. It gives you 5Gb free to start with but you can increase this to 15Gb if you recruit others to use it. Very secure, encrypted. A friend who worked for GCHQ reckoned they were the most secure of any of these systems.

Cons

Nothing really. You cannot expect to get more than 15GB free which is what they offer if you recruit 10 more people.

Reasons for choosing Sync.com

Free and much easier to use. Security very good. All files are encrypted and cannot be seen by sync,com. If you need more space/history/users/links you can easily upgrade and their prices are competitive.

Callista

Industry: Law Practice

Excellent Storage Solution

Pros

We chose this software mostly for the security features. We also like that we can have multiple computers in our office sync together, so any one of us can be working on any file and instantly we all have the updated versions of the files. We like that we can share folders with our clients, and clients can also securely upload files into shared folders.

Cons

When the files are uploading/syncing across multiple machines, it does seem to slow our internet down significantly.

Reasons for switching to Sync.com

We were concerned about security features.

Jake

Easy Cloud Storage

I ended up creating a sync account for my tech-challenged aunt who wanted to be a snow-bird but still be able to access all of the files on her desktop from her laptop (for business purposes). I got it setup on both devices, moved the pertinent files into her sync.com folder and it worked like magic. Never any hang-ups and plenty of free storage space for what she needs. I have used dropbox for years personally and in business, but I started her on sync.com because it offers 5 GB of free space (compared to Dropbox's intro offer of 2 GB). I also access sync.com through the web interface to use her files because we collaborate on a few of our clients and it is so easy to download and upload files (that part I prefer sync.com to dropbox) when needed. I've never had any glitches, the speed is incredible, and I have nothing bad to say about sync.

Pros

I love the amount of free space and the speed of uploads and downloads.

Cons

Nothing.

Great cloud storage backup for documents

Simple, safe cloud backup for corporate documents

Pros

I like sync.com because it allows us to backup our corporate files and documents, in addition to having local copies. Synchronization is seamless and it supports multiple users to access the files and folders. The storage space they offer is also huge for the premium version. It allows you to create links to access documents, with expiry option for external users.

Cons

The cost can be considered high as compared to other cloud storage applications which offer similar features at no cost

Excellent security

Pros

First and foremost, I like that this backup service uses end to end encryption and with servers in Canada. The service works well and usually has a small memory footprint on my mac.

Cons

Their concern for security limits certain aspects of the iOS app, so it doesn't integrate into other apps like competitors. The only thing I miss is on the iOS app is a search function.

Orlando

Great cloud alternative

Pros

Cons

It still needs to have some features that other famous cloud providers have, like unlimited file batch upload from a smartphone.

Sherri

Don't even think about these guys

I wanted to like these guys so badly. Now I just want to warn everyone to stay away. I have no idea how anyone uses this product. it is barely functional. I am stuck with a 5 mbps download speed. Nice trap. It will take me most of this year to get my files off Sync and onto a better provider.

Pros

I wish I had something to fill in here, but I don't. Every time I try to work with this product, it is just hours of frustration....

Cons

Poor tech support. Download speed of 5mbps...seriously. Try to download terrabytes of data with that speed. Raw photography files are not supported for preview..We are talking a standard that is 12 years old now.. You want to find that picture of your summer vacation? You will have to download every file and browse it on your desktop. No version control. No ability to upload or download only. Sync across multiple platforms means everything gets deleted if you make a mistake. Uploading through the browser alters the metadata of the file. I have not had any positive interactions with their tech support since I opened my account with them

MUHAMMAD

InSync

Pros

Sync.com is cloud based drive like drop box. It supports end to end encryption. You can set no of download on any shared file that may help you restricting further distribution of your shared files. You can grant view only, read only, upload and other rights to users. You can set a session timeout limit to avoid too much bandwidth consumption.

Cons

Slow upload and download due to end to end encryption

Sync safe tool for online cloud storage

Pros

This platform is a great low cost (free) tool for backing up data files to the cloud in a safe and secure format. I found it very easy to navigate the platform and was able to quickly upload files of various standard formats: pdf, jpg, word, and excel. The mobile app provides ease of access to your e-cloud storage as well the the webplatform that can be accessed from any device.

Cons

I can’t say that there is anything that I don’t like about Sync. I havent run into any specific issues since i started using it a little over a year ago.

From Europe, too slow to be useful

I have been on the lookout for an alternative to Backblaze. I have about 20TB of media files I want to back-up. The Sync pricing of one of its business packages compared to the equivalent Dropbox package made it worth trying. You get 5GB for free in the trial. Initially I tried uploading 400MB of files through the browser. The upload frequently hung and had to be restarted; files failed to upload the first time and had to be repeated. It took about an hour. Next I tried the downloadable Windows app. I uploaded about 700MB of files. None of the uploads via the app hung and none failed first time. However, the upload took 49 minutes. At that rate the 20TB of data will take 976 days to upload. This is from UK and my internet upload speeds are not great but for comparison I tried the same thing with Google Drive almost immediately after trying Sync. The 400MBs took 3 minutes and the 700MB 6minutes. With Backblaze my average upload speed over an extended period of time is around 100GB a day. Sync's pricing is attractive but these speeds make unworkable for me.

Pros

Easy to install; easy to use; free to try

Cons

Appalling slow upload speeds. Numerous failures on individual files when using the browser interface. Need to try, try and try again. Don't know how much better it is in US & Canada but from UK it's unusable

Marina

Industry: Research

No No No! This is the most terrible experience I made with clouds

No benefits, only problems and data lost.

Pros

Nothing positive, only negative experience

Cons

I am a private user with 500 GB storage paid for 1 year. 1. The desktop app (version 2.XX, the latest sync.com offeres) is NOT WORKING. Neither under Windows 7, nor under Windows 10 Enterprise. Even after many installations and deinstallations it just keeps indexing, freezing, not synchonising and uploading the data. Instead, it looses the files while the so-called "synchronisation process". 2. The data upload via the browser panel is just pure pain. Watching the upload progress from Europe to the sync.com servers in Canada makes me cry bloody tears: it is just so terribly slow, slooooooow. The browser panel is also not able to reconnect to the cloud once the Internet connection is lost. I do not even mention that while uploading a list of files, some files are not uploaded and I mostly have to restart the WHOLE process. After using the service only for a few days, I am already thinking to ask for the refund. Sync.com is definitely NOT an alternative for Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, etc. It is just pain in the ...s.

STEVE

Industry: Writing and Editing

Sync cloud storage

I write books. Whenever I close down my writing software it updates the cloud storage automatically to cloud storage.

Pros

It simply sits quietly in the background and gets on with its job. It's free!

Cons

Nothing. It does everything that it claims it can do

Sync.com