Browse FleetCommander Reviews

Lorelei from New Mexico State University - Dona Ana Community College

Fleet management in your control

This program was able to get rid of the pen to paper and automate the fleet usage. Reports are built with efficiency, maintenance is able to be well documented, and my users are pleased with the ease of use. Customer service is great and I appreciate the team that works in keeping FleetCommander running smoothly.

Pros

The ease of use in setting up the program, which can be changed if there are different administrators over the years. The maintenance control and the maintenance documentation is really a great tool that helps me. Such as getting vehicles to the shop for their routine services and checking up on past repairs for warranties or when the last time something was fixed. It allows me to be confident in knowing where my fleet is at for maintenance.

Cons

The least thing I like about the software is setting up all the tiny details. The program gives the user many options for editing, literally everything, and I could spend days getting lost in it. But I usually call or email customer service, for specific things, and they walk me through the process so that I understand.

Amanda from Indiana University

Best in class software and customer service

The Agile Fleet team is a great partner for our motor pool program. They listen to our needs and help us find solutions to the challenges we face. They have helped us to integrate other systems to improve our workflow. The reservation process can obtain accounting information for billing, enforce policy for drivers, allow us flexibility in scheduling, and track all communication with drivers and arrangers related to their reservation request.

Pros

The best feature of FleetCommander is the fleet view screen that shows vehicle use and availability in a grid for a two week time frame. Users can change the view to an hourly view as well. This screen allows us to see available vehicles immediately and assign users to the vehicles quickly. The dashboard of FleetCommander is also a favorite for our team. With alert notices on reservation requests or vehicles, it helps our team communicate easily over multiple shifts. The dashboard is easy to understand and provides a snapshot of the current days usage and availability.

Cons

Could use additional custom fields, the current limit is 20. Creating custom reports on the data from the system is limited and could be improved, however the standard reports available in FleetCommander cover almost all reporting needs.

Tia from Ohio University Transportation & Parking Services

Fleet Commander Review

Good, we have been pleased with our use of the product and the customer support provided.

Pros

The product is easy to utilize for our fleet rental team in helping to administer reservation requests in a streamlined fashion. User-friendly and easy to manage.

Cons

Maintenance module could be more robust

Kristen from Ohio University

FleetCommander Review

Pros

The fleet rental module works very well and meets our needs. It seems to be user-friendly and an easy system for both customers and new employees to become familiar with.

Cons

The maintenance module is fair but has some room for improvement. For our company in particular we are lacking the ability to input part purchase prices and the software auto populate a 'mark up' price for customer view. The maintenance module might take longer for techs to become familiar with as it seems to be a bit more complex than another maintenance software we are also currently using.

Reasons for Choosing FleetCommander

I was not involved in the process at this time. One major factor in selecting FleetCommander was our leadership at the time had used FleetCommander at another institution so was familiar with the product. Before purchasing FleetCommander we were managing the fleet rental manually with an excel-based schedule.

Robert from Roseburg VA

FleetCommander Rocks!

As posted above... FleetCommander works well with our nearly 100 vehicle fleet. Anyone wanting to improve their fleet awareness should consider FleetCommander as their management program.

Pros

I am very impressed with the ease of use / the ability to access information quickly and the accuracy of the information obtained. The reports are well formatted, easy to read and can be manipulated into what ever format you wish. The vehicles information is easy to update as needed Overall.. I am very happy with all aspects of FleetCommander.

Cons

Cons: Nope... None to report. We are very happy with this product.

Reasons for Choosing FleetCommander

Because of it's superior capabilities.

Reasons for Switching to FleetCommander

SkyBitz was limited in many ways.

Micheal from Basin Electric Power Cooperative

Industry: Utilities

FleetCommander fits the bill

Since switching to FleetCommander from a manual reservation and key distribution system, we have been able to reduce our motor pool by one-third. Utilizing the reservation and kiosk system, vehicles are available at all hours of the day and weekends. We have eliminated the need to provide keys to drivers hours or days in advance, and do not have to chase after keys upon the vehicle return.

Pros

The entire system is very easy to use. When paired with the kiosk solution, most days the system does not require manual intervention. FleetCommander staff is very responsive to any technical questions, product features, and enhancement requests.

Cons

The reporting can be cumbersome at times. The long horizontal formats are not conducive to export. Ideally, the reporting could have the option of being expressed graphically, similar to how things are displayed on the Administrator's Dashboard.

Jeff from Gordon College

From a paper system full of Human Error to a computerized system to gain control of Fleet

In 2007 I was informed that the cumbersome, paper-and-pencil system of scheduling and reserving campus vehicles--managed for years by our Student Life department--would become my responsibility as the Fleet Manager. I had already begun researching computerized vehicle maintenance programs, since our fleet of vehicles and heavy equipment was growing as rapidly as our campus. Enter Matt Wade and Agile Access Control. Following some conversations and a product demonstration, it became clear to me that FleetCommander would seamlessly automate and integrate our vehicle maintenance and reservations. I have been a satisfied customer ever since and look forward to the new features Agile Fleet will add over time to further simplify a Fleet Manager's job.

Pros

Makes scheduling and tracking of vehicle rentals and maintenance well organized

Cons

Nothing now. Up until recently it did not work well on IOS but that was fixed

Robert from Greater Toronto Airports Authority

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Tracking Utilization

Overall the pool sharing and vehicle availability aligned with rightsizing capabilities allows us to respond to operational demands and track utilization.

Pros

The User Group functionality keeps our operational vehicles available for intended purpose while allowing for continuous cross departmental utilization. Drop down menus and touchscreen capabilities allow for easy end user familiarity and maintaining current technologies.

Cons

More filtering option for reporting and overall increased user friendly functionality.

Reasons for Choosing FleetCommander

The support provided over the years and relationship building speaks beyond the product-I know FleetCommander Team is there for us!

January 2013

Janine from Humboldt County Office of Education

January 2013

County Schools Motorpool

I recommend this sytem for anyone looking for a way to track and manage their motor pool.

Pros

Customer support /service is extraordinary. From pre-implementation data building through training & implementation, response has been rapid & more than satisfactory. The few problems we ran into were almost exclusively user error & technical support personnel were able to help us find the problem so that we could do more training to eliminate it. There are a few items that we would like changed & when requested, they were usually things already in the plans for updates. The system is very user friendly. Our initial roll out to a less than enthusiastic staff went smoothly & in a short time concerns & complaints have dropped off to nearly non-existent. Even the least techie of our staff has said it was a very simple process to reserve & check out a vehicle. We are in the beginning of analyzing data on usage, but feel that the efficient use of our motor pool has risen since implementation. People are finding motor pool vehicles available & use of personal vehicles has declined.

Cons

We have so far been unable to completely sync our school accounting structure with FleetCommander's billing module as we had initially hoped. Through using the system, we are learning more about how to use it better and believe that in time we will be able to accomplish this as well. The Con, if there is one, is that we didn't understand the system sufficiently to until we got involved in using it, so may have spent unnecessary time in some of our database building.

August 2016

Debbie from Northeastern State University

August 2016

Northeastern State University Transportation Department

We have been using the Agile Fleet Commander software system since fall 2011. It has made a tremendous difference in our transportation department. It is very user friendly for our customers and allows access for after hour reservations. This has been a big win win for our customers and staff. No more paper reservation books and manual reports! We are able to remotely operate 2 additional campuses from our main location.

Pros

The reports we generate are fantastic. So much easier to track vehicle mileage, fuel costs and maintenance.

Cons

none

Dan from Cedarville University

Cedarville University Fleet Management

Very positive. Agaile has helped us get the job done here at Cedarville for probably over 10 years now.

Pros

The Agile Fleet System helps us create and manage the many vehicle reservations that are made on a weekly basis here at Cedarville University.

Cons

I'm not sure if this is more of an Agile issue, or how we do things on our end, but billing always seems to take longer than I think it should. So I guess my answer to what I like least about the software would be billing/reporting.

Beam from Scott County

AGile Review

Has been a great experience. Good product, good people

Pros

Ease of use, quality of staff and assistance and the design of the software

Cons

lower cost version of GPS/tracking. Although the new version of GPS is more reliable, there is a cost associated with it.

Reasons for Choosing FleetCommander

Agile was more advanced in the motor pool section of the software. We do own Asset Works and use if for our Fleet but Agile was/is still more advanced in the motor pool market

raymond from Guilford County - NC

Great product

Pros

I like the convenience of having all of the vehicle information stored in one place, the ability of being able to have vehicles checked in and out without having to have staff assigned to dispatching keys, and the ability to track vehicle up coming maintenance.

Cons

At times there is connection problems between the kiosk and control pc

Rebecca from Dona Ana Community College

Great customer service.

I have used the FleetCommander for the last 8 years. It is simple to use. The best part is their customer service. They are always just a phone call away and very helpful. They helped us build customized reports tailored to our needs.

Pros

Ease of use, customer service.

Cons

The initial setup is time consuming, but I'm sure this is the case with any software you choose. Especially since we had done it manually and on paper for many years prior.

Leon from University of Oklahoma

Great support, and people. High quality, dependable program, with a lot of functionality.

Better interface for customers; able to search res. history and future reservations.

Pros

Easy to learn, and manipulate reservation data. Reports are easy to understand. Very reliable, robust program. Updates are routine and valuable. Tech support is great.

Cons

Need some additional reports, and additional parameters. Some improvements could be made to the dashboard.

September 2015

Janet from Portage College

September 2015

I really like the system. It has been easy to grasp and what I couldn't grasp, service helped me.

We have been using the system since July and all the staff came back first of Sept so we are still getting our feet wet. I like everything the system does and how it has thought of things I would not have but what I would like is: 1. We have depts that book a vehicle for the semester with the understanding that if they aren't using it one afternoon that another dept can use it. It would be nice to be able to not have to return the vehicle, sign it out to another and then redo the original booking. It would be better for us if we could just "interrupt" the booking with another 2. A particular PM is not always performed at the same location, like oil changes are done in 3 different towns yet my PM for Oil Change I had to enter a location and then when a vehicle assigned in another town has an oil change I have to remember to change the merchant That's all I have for now. We still have to set our rates internally so that we can start using the billing feature and then we will start using the reports more too. I like the system and the new control we have on our fleet. Phelps has been awesome. I really don't think I have ever had support who was willing to hold my hand the way he has. Matt too has been there for me and when neither were available I went straight to the help group and they were so quick and friendly. I would welcome doing this survey again in about 6 or 8 months when we have used more of the things available to us as I am sure there are many things I haven't even begun to explore.

Sally from Cornell University

Fleet Commander is awesome

We have used FleetCommander to right size our fleet and are very happy with the overall experience.

Pros

The reservation system is easy to use for our customers as well as staff.

Cons

Occasionally things I need are not where I think they are. A quick call to customer service is all that is needed to find them.

Linda from Villanova University

We would not be able to schedule the vans like we do if we didn't have this software.

Pros

The fact that we can not over book. We have 1 hour down time and sometimes I "fool" the system knowing that there is an hour.

Cons

It seems slow loading up the charts. Even when I use Agile Fleet from home, its slow to load the charts.

Janet from Park County Government

I have used Fleet Commander for 2 years it is very useful for Fleet maintenance tracking

easier tracking of fleet maintenance and mileage.

Pros

Fleet Commander is great for tracking and reporting maintenance and mileage for vehicles. It is easy to use and maintain accurate records for fleet.

Cons

The only fault I can see is that users must enter every part number and part separately. This is a tedious but necessary part of keeping fleet maintenance updated.

Robert from Oklahoma City Community College

Industry: Facilities Services

Customer Review

Its pretty good, I still dont know a lot about some of the features, but I am pretty sure it will be better.

Pros

Some what easy to use

Cons

More features than we use

March 2010

Steven from Kentucky Department of Agriculture

March 2010

Found Fleet Commander on the internet!!!!

Fleet Commander provides a diverse look at your fleet without leaving your desk. The tools are there to work with most any fleet.

Pros

The team at Agile Fleet made the transition into Fleet Commander seamless. Fleet Commander has allowed us to track inventory, fuel purchases, preventative maintenance, and odometer readings. We have requested several updates to the software and have identified some bugs, with either Agile Fleet has listened to our concerns and needs and has developed a solution in a timely manner.

Cons

We have not had any "Cons". With any software there are bugs, how the company reacts is what creates a "Con". Agile Fleet has always responded to any concerns and corrected them.

September 2010

David from State of Michigan

September 2010

Customer focused

Most motor pool systems that vendors are selling are an after thought to get folks to buy some other system. This is truly a system that has been developed first as a motor pool system and has expanded meaningfully in other functions. Our experienc is very positive.

Pros

Fleet Commander is an excellent motor pool system that continues to get better each day. The reason why it is getting better is that the Fleet Commander staff are interested in customer input and are agile enough to define the input into a meaningful functional system.

Cons

None that I know of

Rick from Prince George's County MD

Prince George's County MD Review of Fleet Commander

We have been using this product at one location for two years. It has been a great success for us. We have an assigned motor pool manager who has been able to take on additional job duties because this product has freed up a lot of his time and means we do not always need a live attendant at the motor pool. We are expanding to a second site which he will be able to manage remotely. Agile is a very professional company who offers great support and who are very easy to work with. They have always been flexible and they take the time to work with us without being too "techie."

Eddie from Central Arizona Project

Supervisor, Fleet Services

The Fleet Commander has been a lifesaver for our pool vehicle system. Our utilization and organization has exceeded expectations. The first year I went well over my fuel budget and when asked to explain it was due to the improved usage of our pool vehicles. I also have input my transport truck into the Fleet Commander system and anyone requesting equipment moves puts in a request and all equipment moves are scheduled in the Fleet Commander.

January 2016

Shane from Muscogee(Creek)Nation

January 2016

Great software

Since we have started using the Agile Fleet Commander system it has made the reservations easier for our employees of the Muscogee(Creek)Nation to access a motor pool vehicle. We are also able to keep track of the utilization of our vehicles , the drivers habits and trip details of the of the Muscogee(Creek) Nation and GSA vehicles. Cons: the 2014 Chevrolet Malibu UDC's have a problem communicating due to the ECO engine.

Larry from University of Wyoming

Manager

I Highly recommend Agile Fleet Commander to everyone in this business.

Pros

Agile Fleet Commander has been great since day one. Customer service is above normal standards. Questions are answered & problem area's are corrected quickly. I have enjoyed working with the Fleet Commander team and look forward to what I hope is a long & enjoyable relationship with them.

Cons

None at this time

Lauren from Illinois State University

Reliable and Trustworthy

The Agile Fleet Commander team always responds in a timely manner, with such positive customer service, to all of our needs. They are willing to help in any way they can to make our jobs easier. The service they provide is exceptional, reliable, and speedy! Thanks for all you do!

Cindy from Cornell University

February 2010

Found them at a trade show and never looked back.

Would highly recommend. Makes our life easier and more efficient.

Pros

The software is intuitive and easy to use. The FleetCommander team is awesome! Very responsive to the customer and their needs.

Cons

We have not encountered any cons that have not been addressed immediately.

October 2010

Vicky from Cedarville University

October 2010

Cedarville University Fleet Commander use

Highly recommend

Pros

use of one program compared to 3 in our old system. Go To Meeting training. Contact person readily available and quick response.

Cons

Like to be able to edit more to meet our needs. Working through detailed billing for each dept.

Kevin from Forsyth County, NC

Fleet Commander

Fleet Commander is an excellent product that I can truly rely on. We greatly increased our utilization and lowered our capital cost. Any time there is an issue they are willing to assist quickly and effectively.

May 2015

Kathy from Iowa State University

May 2015

The Fleet Commander Software is easy to use and customers and staff love the system.

This software has increased productivity and accuracy of the university fleet. The system is easy to use and streamlines a number of our processes.