• Pros

• "Quick and easy for receipts and mileage tracking. It allows me to not keep track of paper. Cost is well worth it!"

• "I really like that the app is always connected and all I have to do is identify the trip as either business or personal. It's also easy to "

• "It's easy. It's easy to track mileage. It's easy to get the data out of the app. Everything about it is easy."

• Cons

• "At first the automated travel logs were a pain because it was logging every trip I was making, but it was easily switched off, and I much prefer manually logging all my business-related trips. "

• "The software does not have a filter feature to run reports for specific types of expenses and categories. This would be a great feature addition to the software package."

• "I wish all expenses and mileage could be displayed instantly on my adminstrator's dashboard without having to create and download a report (sometimes I just want to look for an individual expense)."

Browse Everlance Reviews

Teresa from Worthington Realty, LLC

I use this app every day

I use this app every day to track and categorize the miles I drive every day.

Pros

I like that this app runs quietly in the background tracking my trips. I sell real estate and this is app is so valuable to keeping track of my business miles. It is an accurate measurement of my trips. It is easy to separate my personal miles from my business miles.

Cons

Not a fan of having my every mile tracked and it even tracks when I am riding in somebody else's car. I can turn it off, however, I won't remember to turn it back on when I go on the next business trip.

Sara from Freelancer

Industry: Writing and Editing

Great for Getting Started

I liked using it and it helped me to see the value and ease of tracking miles for tax deductions, but it ended up being a great software for starting out and not the one I chose for long term use.

Pros

I like that it runs in the background on my phone and easily tracks my mileage with little input from me. I like that after only two weeks, it easily interprets which trips are personal (my weekly trip to church) and which are probably work related. Very intuitive and easy to use!

Cons

It's difficult to go back and correct a mistake if I accidentally designate a personal trip as a work trip. Also, there are other programs with more features for the same or similar fees. Although, Everlance does redeem itself with a free option for those who might not be doing as much work travel as I do... like if you have 10ish trips a month.

Reasons for Choosing Everlance

I ended up switching in the end, but originally, I chose Quickbooks because of the free option and the ability to run in the background without input from me.

Review of Milage Tracking App

I have used this app for over 2 years. It started out great at first for about the first year. After that, the app became intermittent in capturing trips. I had to delete and reinstall the app to make sure it was working. It did not remind me to categorize trips and generally became disfunctional.

Pros

It is potentially easy to use. It allows you to attribute milage to different businesses. It is easy to categorize milage with a swipe and I like the detailed reports at the end of the year for tax preparation.

Cons

The app did not always remind me to categorize trips which made me think it did not capture all my trips. I do believe that the milage for some trips were omitted.

Decent free and simple software, but has a few noticeable flaws.

It's a simple platform for me to track my business revenue, expenses and mileage. It's handy to have all of this information in one place, and to have it on my phone where I can access it at any time.

Pros

I started my own business last year which involves a lot of traveling, so naturally, I was looking for a solution to track mileage, revenue and expenses. I was happy to stumble across this software which was within my price range (completely free with the option to upgrade) and very simple to use. It contains only the basic features that I was looking for and isn't loaded up with options that I don't use. It's a very clean interface.

Cons

I was really hoping for more with this software. When I try to automatically track my mileage, it rarely tracks my route correctly, sometimes even skipping over entire parts of the road. I read through FAQ about this and it was a little vague about how to fix this problem, other than maybe the fact that my phone didn't have enough storage space (which is a continuous problem). When I manually add round-trip routes, it usually shows the route taking me a different way to/from a location, so I'm not sure how accurate the mileage estimate is. For now the software is doing the job for what I need, but I may be looking at other options at some point. If I do continue to use this software in the future, I'm hoping that they will add some additional features that might be useful, such as the option to link to my budget/banking software, and maybe better functioning automatic tracking. Right now the process of using this software is very manual for me.

Very easy to use

I have used Everlance for almost a year and I appreciate that I get monthly reports regarding my trips and that I can easily categorize them in order to receive reimbursements for the use of my personal vehicle for work.

Pros

I like that the trip tracking feature is automatic. As long as I have my phone with me while traveling I am able to track and identify trips for work and other types of trips.

Cons

I would like to have the option to identify the vehicle I am traveling in. I was tracked on an airline flight and would have liked to have been able to indicate that as well as identify trips in work owned vehicles as well as my own personal vehicle.

Reasons for Choosing Everlance

I currently use the free version and it had good reviews on the google app store.

Chris from CarDash

How mileage & expense reimbursements should always be

Ease of use

Pros

Simply put: Everlance provides an incredibly easy-to-use product that solves real-world problems. Having employees who often drive their personal vehicles for business reasons, Everlance makes mileage reimbursements a second thought instead of a dreaded task. From both an administrative & employee standpoint, Everlance saves us, on average, 3-4 hours of manual data entry work/calculations per WEEK!! No more manual mileage calculations. No more questioning the validity of employees reimbursement requests. Having a dashboard that allows you to see all of your employees' mileage distance & activity not only helps the ease of submitting reimbursements, but is extremely beneficial on a strategic level as well. Thinking about the cost-benefit analysis of having employees drive their personal vehicles vs purchasing a company car, the data collection is presented in an easy to use format, expediting the decision making process.

Cons

That Everlance wasn't offered with a previous employer. Seriously. The automated calculation of mileage reimbursement is such a no-brainer that there isn't a valid business reason to not offer to employees and payroll administrators.

Laura from FrugalForLuxury.com

Great tool to simplify mileage tracking

Save so much time on a daily basis and at tax season

Pros

My husband and I both use Everlance to track our mileage. We own several business and it is very easy to allocate mileage to our different businesses. Makes tax season so much easier! Love it.

Cons

Everlance is a great tool and saves us a ton of headaches when it comes to tracking and disclosing on our tax returns. Can't think of any cons!

Response from Everlance

Replied July 2018

Thank you Laura! We really appreciate the kind review. Please don't hesitate to reach out if we can help with anything in the future. Best Alex

Amy from Fisher Business Management

I can't speak highly enough of this app.

Pros

Cons

It doesn't do my dishes? I really can't think of anything. It is easily the most well thought out app I have ever used, and I use a lot of apps. It's clear that the devs don't attempt to overreach their goals. They figure out what they want the app to do and then program it flawlessly. I haven't had a single bug. I have never found an app so worth it's cost. If you are looking for a mileage app that you can download and forget about, this is it. But it gets even better with just a little bit of attention. I got bored one day while waiting for an appointment and discovered that I could rename my frequently traveled locations from just the address (I LOVE this!). Download this. You will not regret it.

Ansley from Poplin & Pine

Industry: Photography

Excellent Mileage Tracker!

Excellent overall, and I think it'll be a great tool to have for the reports when tax season comes around.

Pros

It's easy to start tracking a drive or log one if you forget, you can add multiple vehicles, and it's easy to use. Classifying each drive is done with a simple swipe, and it shows a YTD logger at the top of the app.

Cons

I still use the free version since I don't log that many drives each month, but when I first started using it, I left the automatic drive detection on. If you drive a lot for business, it would probably work great for you but for me it was a bit irritating to have to remember to classify drives at the end of the day.

Parker from Aptive Environmental

Industry: Environmental Services

Great if you drive for work

Pros

this has helped me save lots on taxes with a mileage log that i can reference

Cons

sometimes makes it difficult to find things within the app

Jeffrey from 3D Financial Solutions

Great For Claiming Business Expenses

Everlance has really been key for my income tax planning and claiming more money back. It's easy to lose a receipt or forget a business trip, etc. But now, I can quickly and easily log everything in one place lose the filing cabinet full of loose papers and receipts, and even add notes to each log to clearly identify the purpose and the type of expense for my accountant.

Pros

It was super easy to get into it. Little to no learning curve and fairly intuitive. I love how you can set the travel tracker on automatic or fill in travel logs manually. this is great for someone who doesn't always travel for business and needs to split trips between personal and business for tax purposes. There's also a complete list of expense categories which help to segment different expenses and even upload images of receipts to individual expense logs, which makes it easier for my accountant to claim the right and full amounts back for me at the end of the year. And probably the best of all is you can have all the information sent to you via email in a detailed excel spreadsheet including the images for expense logs.

Adam from Farmers Insurance

Best and easiest to use mileage app out there.

Pros

Everlance provides everything you need for tracking your mileage basically automatically wherever you go on the job. It has a simple interface, its easy to use, runs reports when you need them, prepares everything properly for tax purposes, and requires less attention than any mileage app I have used before.

Cons

It would be nice if there was a way to recategorize several trips at once. going one by one is time-consuming. It would also be nice if it had the capability to memorize more destinations, and then bring up all trips involving that destination when you we're making an entry that way it would be easy to categorize or recategorize trips to and from that destination, and/or to change things for all trips that involved that destination.

Response from Everlance

Replied October 2018

Hi Adam Thank you so much for the kind review! I wanted to let you know that there is indeed a way to categorize multiple trips: https://help.everlance.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000397872-Classify-Multiple-Trips-at-Once. We are also working on organizing trip data by location and would love beta testers. Please write to us at support@everlance.com as we would love to include you. Thank you!

Everlance keeps up with my mileage so I don't have to do it

I recommended it to my accountant for her clients who need to track mileage. Several of them have started to use it. In addition to the personal benefits to myself during tax season, I was able to help other entrepreneurs who needed a similar tool. That was great.

Pros

Tax season. Those two words tell you almost everything you need to know about why keeping up with mileage is important to a consultant, freelancer or entrepreneur. You can claim those work related miles on your taxes. Everlance makes it easy to track mileage.

Cons

Setting up the frequent places traveled is a little difficult. And I wish there was a way to identify sub categories, like health/medical, when you swipe the data toward the personal side.

Top Notch Mileage Tracker

I am an independent contractor and driving constantly is the main part of my job. Come tax time, I will need to be able to present organized documentation of all my tax write-offs, and Everlance will make sure it goes smoothly. This is truly helpful and makes working less stressful for me.

Pros

I found Everlance, and am blown away by how easy it is to use. The app automatically tracks my miles and destinations in one place. It calculates my total miles and shows me my taxable income as I go along. When I am ready to file taxes, Everlance creates a report for me with all the data I need to present to my tax preparer.

Cons

I have been using this app for a long while now, and I still have yet to find something I dislike about it. It is wonderful!

Trip tracking

It has been a helpful tool when using a personal vehicle for charity and business tax purposes.

Pros

I like that you can put in a category for frequent locations to help categorize your miles without manually assigning the category.

Cons

Sometimes when trying to select the previously identified categories by swiping from left or right it is difficult to select causing more mistakes in the categorization which require one to fix after the fact. Also, the online capability to make adjustments is nonexistent.

Ryan from Self Employed

Excellent Mileage & Expense Tracker

This software makes tracking my mileage and expenses with my consulting business very easy.

Pros

This software is excellent for tracking mileage automatically, categorizing it, etc. It is also excellent for tracking both income and expenses for various businesses.

Casey from Seton Hall University School of Law

Easily track your mileage and more

Pros

I use everlance to track my mileage for my business. It is easy to start the tracker and it knows where I am driving or I can put in trips after the fact. It was easy to print a receipt for tax purposes outlining all the miles for the year. They have added features for expenses and directions but I do not use those features.

Cons

no cons for the software at this time..

Elizabeth from Social Proof LLC

Great mileage tracking app!

With the free version, I have to spend some extra time manually entering my trips. But it is worth it! The app is easy to use so it doesn't take me long to enter the trips for the week.

Pros

I love that I can add the trips in manually. I use only the free version, but I only go on a few trips a week, so it is worth it! The reminder emails are a great tool as well. It is wonderful that I can save some favorite locations! That saves me SO much time!

Cons

The paid version is much more expensive than the Quickbooks version, so if I ever decided to pay for it, I would probably get the Quickbooks mileage app.

Christian from Discover Echo Inc.

Everlance is a wonderful, quick and affordable way to track expenses and mileage

Pros

As a CFO of a company with more than 20 active sales reps, having a reliable system to track mileage and expenses that is both easy to use and integrate, is key to the success of my business. Fortunately, Everlance has done all of that and more since we began using it over a year ago, while also being very nice on our start-up pocketbook.

Christopher from Self-employed

Industry: Writing and Editing

Useful but not necessarily intuitive

Good overall, but could be better.

Pros

I'm a fan of tracking business miles. It's important for tax purposes and gives a user the sense of how much their mileage is worth--and how much it may be hurting the bottom line. Everlance is good for tracking miles. It follows the GPS point to point and creates trips that can be logged as work or personal. It's useful in that sense.

Cons

However, compared to other methods of tracking miles (Quickbooks by Turbotax for instance), Everlance lacks in terms of ease of use. The app can be clunky, fail at times, causing issues with tracking deductions. In some instances with trips, I've lost two or three legs (out of maybe 10). This can add up a great deal during tax time.

David from Loveless Tax, PLLC

Used to Use Notebook but switched to digital mileage log

Pros

I find I keep track of more work trips with this. I used to have a pen and paper in the glove box of each vehicle for years. I finally switched over to a digital one and have found I keep track of more of my business business trips. I use the free version so it doesn't auto detect but I manually have to start the trip. I won't be going back to paper logs.

Cons

I wish I could manually enter a trip without having to put a beginning and end address in. I wish I could just enter the miles and not the addresses. If I go to an apartment to do some work I typically don't stop the tracker until I get home. But if I'm there a while sometimes it cancels my mileage and I have to add it manually which can be a pain to add my round trip and the different stops to pick up parts on the way.

The best mileage and expense tracking app!

Tax reporting has never been easier with Everlance!

Pros

I began using the free premium trial with Everlance and will definitely purchase to upgrade from the basic version! It provides automatic trip detection, allows unlimited drives, and provides detailed reports. The basic version will meet all of your needs as well, I just prefer the automatic trip detection feature.

Cons

A feature I would recommend is to be able to join trips into one.

Janet from San Diego Homes Guide

Excellent for Realtors

It's been a great resource to use to track my mileage. I like that it is always on and that I can review the travel at the end of the day

Pros

Cons

Sometimes the app gets disconnected and I lose travel data. I'm only notified after the fact that I'm not connected.

Shawnie from Lularoe

So. Good. Swipe left or right to categorize trips! Easy!

Pros

I can categorize personal, work, charity, medical ect trips with literally a swipe of my finger. This made TAXES SO EASY this year. They also track purchases if you want them to!

Cons

Very INFREQUENTLY my trips won't show for a day. They also didn't email me when my subscription was due - and I didn't remember until they took the funds.

Great way to track mileage

It has been nothing but positive. It’s simple to use and I will continue to recommend it to others

Pros

This software is great you can download it right on to your phone and you are able to track your mileage. It’s then an easy way for me to let my boss know where and how many miles I have driven for work so I can be reimbursed.

Cons

I have not found anything yet that I do not like about this software. I will continue to use it and get the benefits of this great program.

Ryan from Master Packaging Inc.

Love Everlance and that's after trying another big name mileage tracker.

Pros

Cons

No cons! I really don't have any issues with Everlance. It works the way it's supposed to work. If it could drive my car for me, I guess that would be pretty awesome.

Caitlynn from Johns Hopkins Hospital

Mileage Tracking

Pros

I use Everlance to track my miles mainly for charity, medical and work trainings and it is very easy to log and track my miles!

Cons

Quite a few times, my drives were not tracked so I could not record them.

Great for tracking milage

Pros

Its very intuitive, makes it very easy to track mileage. Its easy to add multiple businesses for mileage separation.

Cons

No real complaints. It would be nice to see maybe something for 'passenger miles'. Or maybe something for a person who has a full time job to classify company vehicle driving.

Sheena from Paint Ninja

Great for Lyft and Uber drivers

Pros

I like that it automatically tracks my driving so I do not have to remember to turn the app on. This keeps me from forgetting. I like that you can add in receipts and keep them in good shape and that you can print off reports so it is easier to do your taxes.

Cons

I drive for Lyft and Uber and sometimes simultaneously. It would be nice if I could choose more than one category for the purpose of the drive or add notes.

Response from Everlance

Replied November 2018

Hi Sheena, thank you so much for the kind review! There is a way to have multiple jobs and add notes in Everlance! Please see this article for more information (https://help.everlance.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000399532-How-Can-I-Add-a-Business-Line-to-my-Account-).

Arwa from Rehmann

Great product for freelancers

Overall, I am satisfied with this product. Keeps an accurate record of all my business expenses.

Pros

I love the mileage tracking feature. Its so accurate and efortless. I jsut turn the app on and it tracks my distance and miles and then i can classify it to keep accurate track of mileage. It also prints out the reports. Its easy to use adn I can add the expenses as they occur and not have them pile up. Makes tax time a breeze

Cons

I feel like the classifying of expenses is a little bit confusing. I also wish it synced with some of the other apps it supports such as door dash - automatically entering the revenue etc.

Karla from Springer & Harris Real Estate

Product was great when I first started using it, however functionality decreases if you dont upgrade

Pros

I love how easy it is to classify my mileage for business with a swipe of a button. It has automatic trip detector so that I don't have to remember to start and stop business trips. It also has ability to take pics of receipts and to sort for business expenses. I used the report for filing my income taxes this year and was super quick and easy.

Cons

I was disappointed that the free version only includes 30 automatic trips per month, and after that you have to enter them manually. The upgraded version isn't unreasonable, however not an expense I want to take on just now.

Candice from Super 8

Wonderful for the Self Employed or Contractor

Pros

I love the fact it tracks the mileage you run for work related tax write offs.

Cons

I do not like the setup its confusing and im not sure what some of the features mean or what to do with them.

Michele from Easter seals

Mileage

I’ve used Everlance to keep track of my business travel

Pros

Great app for keeping record of mileage. Everything can be done from one location

Cons

Loading for information can be time consuming

LISA from Brass City Bistro

Everlance

I wouldn't recommend it. It has too many glitches and I can get something free with way better dependability

Pros

In the beginning it started out great. Easy to use, free, and seemed pretty accurate.

Cons

Over time like within a year it changed and want to started charging ridiculous fees for a product that had way too many glitches. Miles were incorrectly documented, and it shit off alot especially during my peak hours doing my catering orders

Reasons for Switching to Everlance

Everlance was horrible, and for tax purposes I needed accurate and detailed information

Michael from Cru

Tracking for Ministry Mileage

Love this app for tracking business trips.

Pros

Great way to track ministry mileage for tax reporting purposes. Start typing a business name and it pulls in the full address. You can save frequently visited places. The round trip option allows you to add a full trip all at one time. Allows you to track/record other business reimbursable or tax deductible expenses.

Cons

Does not allow you to add toll costs or gas as a part of a trip, those additional costs have to be added separately.

Reasons for Switching to Everlance

Easier input of trip locations.

Sarah from Isaiah Counseling and Wellness

Great for Independent Contractor

So far, it is working great for me to track my miles for my business.

Pros

I use this to track my milage for work since I am an independent contractor. The swipe settings make is simple to classify drives as personal or as business. It keeps track of my drives even when I forget to open the app.

Cons

Sometimes when I am going to a run or a long walk with my dog the app thinks that I am driving. It wants me to classify my drive. It is simple to just swipe and dismiss the trip.

Adam from Pennybox

Excellent mileage and expense tracking system for my team

I save time and headaches; I can track miles and not worry about this process and help empower my staff. They don't need to worry and can focus on their job while we outsource our tracking pain to Everlance, which makes it easy, flexible, and profoundly simple to solve this business need.

Pros

Super easy to deploy and use, powerful yet elegant, I rely on it with full confidence that all of my miles and trips will be recorded.

Cons

I would love to see real time asset tracking for my staff, which is not currently supported. This would help give me new business insights.

Chrissie from Quality Life Services, LLC

We have had a mostly positive experience with Everlance.

Mileage Tracking

Pros

What I like most about the software is the ability to run reports on a company platform and not having to rely on employees to supply reports.

Cons

Accuracy is a problem sometimes. We have had issues with certain Android tablets not auto populating. It drains the device battery of the device. I would like to be able to run a team report in the format of my choice. It takes a long time to run reports and formulate the excel documents for each person.

Vladimir from FloorForce

Everlance

Good, it helps me a lot tracking my work miles.

Pros

You can track your miles, work expenses, personal expenses in one place automatically. One of the best things is that you can actually generate a report and share it with your accountant.

Cons

I don't like that sometimes the transactions get duplicated and that the trips are not track individually. I doesn't classify each trip but instead puts all the trips together.

Michael from SparkMixer Enterprises, LLC

Everlance is Great Tool for Keeping Mileage

Pros

This app was a great find for me. I am needing to keep mileage records for my business and Everlance is the absolute best app I have found. It notifies me at the end of trips that it needs to be marked as personal or business. It is very easy to add categories for your travel as well.

Cons

There actually isn't any con that I have encountered in the time that I have been using the app.

Brad from QDoxs | Xerox Sales Agent

Reliable app that our entire team uses every single day.

Pros

Automation for all our employees who use a mix of iOS and Android Devices. Online dashboard for our business manager to have access to information without the need of employee action. Incredibly easy to use.

Cons

I was going to say that 'green is not my favorite color' as a joke (meaning that I am very happy with this software), but perhaps some custom or co-branding would be a nice option.

Treda from Millennial Home Enterprises, LLC

Everlance has been an amazing concept, but still working out how to make it seamless for my business

Pros

It has a nice interface and plenty of useful features. I love what it is capable of. It tracks mileage so I can pay out mileage checks and I know its accurate. There are no papers to keep track of!

Cons

It has not been functioning correctly for all my employees. It seems some devices there are still some bugs to work out. Also, the data export has been confusing for my team.

Sheri from Hogan Designs, LLC

Perfect Solution for Our Small Business

I can handle payroll each week, which includes mileage reimbursement, without having to track down individual mileage reports from each employee. I can access them all through the Everlance dashboard.

Pros

This is a product that tracks and allows me to access Mileage/Expense Reports for multiple employees. We are a small company and found that similar app providers would not allow us to establish a group account since we only had five people to track. Everlance was happy to help. We no longer have to require the individual employees to turn in a report each week.

Cons

There were a few 'bugs' to work out when we first started. At the time the app was still being developed. Those those have been cleared up.

T from GeHS

Zero stars!

I strongly recommend that you DO NOT use this app. I'm finding out the hard way that it loses trips and data (I know this conclusively because they show up in my Google Maps time line, but NOT in Everlance). The user interface makes extracting your data at tax time nearly impossible. Save yourself the trouble! Find another solution!

Pros

That would only be theoretical. In other words, nothing!

Cons

Limited and outpaced by other great apps

Everlance is attractive and useful, but there are other apps out there doing more and doing it better. I couldn't justify keeping this one around.

Pros

I initially downloaded this app to track miles for my service-based business that has me running all over the city, but I quickly hit the limit for trips that Everlance will track before it asks you to purchase a subscription. I ultimately decided to switch to another app with more features for a similar price.

Cons

The limit for trips you can take before being asked to purchase is very low, and the perks/features that are unlocked with purchase were not enough to keep me interested. This app ended up taking up too much space and time!

Maemie from The Tacky Turtle

You Could Do This In Your Sleep

Fantastic!

Pros

The automatic mileage tracking is accurate and easy to use!

Cons

I have never had an issue with this app!

Easy mileage tracking done right!

Pros

Everlance is easy and a great solution for tracking mileage! It is basically automatic and take all the headache out of mileage tracking.

Cons

I love it all! I honestly have no complaints!

Matthew from Strong Outdoors

Industry: Wholesale

Free app and user friendly

Pros

Free, easy to set up businesses and types of travel, easy to add trips, automatically tracks trips, good accuracy

Cons

Nothing, so far it has been very easy to use!

Michael from Paint Ninja

Totally worth it

Definitely useful if keeping track of mileage is priority.

Pros

It makes keeping track of my business mileage so easy.

Cons

I dislike Absolutely nothing about this app.

Great product in the beginning.

Customer service was terrible. They lost my data. Could not replicate anything. Had not answers.

Pros

Ease of use. That is it. Because everything else was negative.

Cons

DO NOT RECOMMEND. Loved Everlance and the ease of use, so I ugraded to premium. It would arbitrarily record my trips. Calling customer support is a joke. We reviewed everything. All my settings were correct. She then proceeded to tell me it was because I did not start the program on a weekly basis. I turn my phone off at night. So therefore everything is reset the next day. Also the point is that it would not record in the middle of the week. The gal on the phone, (clueless about dates) who refused to give me her name, agreed to refund me, yet hung up the phone on me. Did not solve my problem of lost trips. Thank goodness it is only February 1, and I can find a better program.