Everlance

Everlance Reviews

RATING:

• icon"I like that this app runs quietly in the background tracking my trips. I sell real estate and this is app is so valuable to keeping track of my business miles."
  • icon"In the beginning it started out great. Easy to use, free, and seemed pretty accurate."
  • icon"The software is very user friendly. There are all sorts of classifications to help keep things organized."
  • icon"It has days when it stops working/notifying you of trips."
  • icon"I'm finding out the hard way that it loses trips and data (I know this conclusively because they show up in my Google Maps time line, but NOT in Everlance)."
  • icon"Miles were incorrectly documented, and it shit off alot especially during my peak hours doing my catering orders."

All Everlance Reviews

How mileage & expense reimbursements should always be

Ease of use

Pros

Simply put: Everlance provides an incredibly easy-to-use product that solves real-world problems. Having employees who often drive their personal vehicles for business reasons, Everlance makes mileage reimbursements a second thought instead of a dreaded task. From both an administrative & employee standpoint, Everlance saves us, on average, 3-4 hours of manual data entry work/calculations per WEEK!! No more manual mileage calculations. No more questioning the validity of employees reimbursement requests. Having a dashboard that allows you to see all of your employees' mileage distance & activity not only helps the ease of submitting reimbursements, but is extremely beneficial on a strategic level as well. Thinking about the cost-benefit analysis of having employees drive their personal vehicles vs purchasing a company car, the data collection is presented in an easy to use format, expediting the decision making process.

Cons

That Everlance wasn't offered with a previous employer. Seriously. The automated calculation of mileage reimbursement is such a no-brainer that there isn't a valid business reason to not offer to employees and payroll administrators.

Sara

Industry: Writing and Editing

Great for Getting Started

I liked using it and it helped me to see the value and ease of tracking miles for tax deductions, but it ended up being a great software for starting out and not the one I chose for long term use.

Pros

I like that it runs in the background on my phone and easily tracks my mileage with little input from me. I like that after only two weeks, it easily interprets which trips are personal (my weekly trip to church) and which are probably work related. Very intuitive and easy to use!

Cons

It's difficult to go back and correct a mistake if I accidentally designate a personal trip as a work trip. Also, there are other programs with more features for the same or similar fees. Although, Everlance does redeem itself with a free option for those who might not be doing as much work travel as I do... like if you have 10ish trips a month.

Reasons for choosing Everlance

I ended up switching in the end, but originally, I chose Quickbooks because of the free option and the ability to run in the background without input from me.

Xavier

Industry: Music

November 2022

If you travel for your job, this is a must have

It is a crucial part of keeping up with my miles for my business. Would recommend for business owner out there.

Pros

I like that it automatically tracks your miles and at the end of the trip you can put it in either personal use or business use. And if you don't do it right away, it reminds you later. It is great if you travel a lot for business and always have trouble keeping up your miles for when tax season comes along.

Cons

Having to keep track of something else every time you make a trip is kind of annoying but it is a necessity. Sometimes the automatic tracking can be a little buggy but that happens very rarely. Technology will sometimes not work how you want it to work.

Review of Milage Tracking App

I have used this app for over 2 years. It started out great at first for about the first year. After that, the app became intermittent in capturing trips. I had to delete and reinstall the app to make sure it was working. It did not remind me to categorize trips and generally became disfunctional.

Pros

It is potentially easy to use. It allows you to attribute milage to different businesses. It is easy to categorize milage with a swipe and I like the detailed reports at the end of the year for tax preparation.

Cons

The app did not always remind me to categorize trips which made me think it did not capture all my trips. I do believe that the milage for some trips were omitted.

ruben

Industry: Plastics

October 2022

great way to keep track of miles driven

Pros

Its real easy to use to keep track of how many miles you've driven and has a nice feature to make your drive into a round trip which is something i always do

Cons

at times the app is slow to load up a list of locations when i type in the address i am heading to. Also doesn't seem to have the option to use current location as a start point i manually input that to start my drives

Decent free and simple software, but has a few noticeable flaws.

It's a simple platform for me to track my business revenue, expenses and mileage. It's handy to have all of this information in one place, and to have it on my phone where I can access it at any time.

Pros

I started my own business last year which involves a lot of traveling, so naturally, I was looking for a solution to track mileage, revenue and expenses. I was happy to stumble across this software which was within my price range (completely free with the option to upgrade) and very simple to use. It contains only the basic features that I was looking for and isn't loaded up with options that I don't use. It's a very clean interface.

Cons

I was really hoping for more with this software. When I try to automatically track my mileage, it rarely tracks my route correctly, sometimes even skipping over entire parts of the road. I read through FAQ about this and it was a little vague about how to fix this problem, other than maybe the fact that my phone didn't have enough storage space (which is a continuous problem). When I manually add round-trip routes, it usually shows the route taking me a different way to/from a location, so I'm not sure how accurate the mileage estimate is. For now the software is doing the job for what I need, but I may be looking at other options at some point. If I do continue to use this software in the future, I'm hoping that they will add some additional features that might be useful, such as the option to link to my budget/banking software, and maybe better functioning automatic tracking. Right now the process of using this software is very manual for me.

Teresa

I use this app every day

I use this app every day to track and categorize the miles I drive every day.

Pros

I like that this app runs quietly in the background tracking my trips. I sell real estate and this is app is so valuable to keeping track of my business miles. It is an accurate measurement of my trips. It is easy to separate my personal miles from my business miles.

Cons

Not a fan of having my every mile tracked and it even tracks when I am riding in somebody else's car. I can turn it off, however, I won't remember to turn it back on when I go on the next business trip.

Laura

Great tool to simplify mileage tracking

Save so much time on a daily basis and at tax season

Pros

My husband and I both use Everlance to track our mileage. We own several business and it is very easy to allocate mileage to our different businesses. Makes tax season so much easier! Love it.

Cons

Everlance is a great tool and saves us a ton of headaches when it comes to tracking and disclosing on our tax returns. Can't think of any cons!

Response from Everlance

Thank you Laura! We really appreciate the kind review. Please don't hesitate to reach out if we can help with anything in the future. Best Alex

Replied July 2018

Amy

I can't speak highly enough of this app.

Pros

It's easy. It's easy to track mileage. It's easy to get the data out of the app. Everything about it is easy.

Cons

It doesn't do my dishes? I really can't think of anything. It is easily the most well thought out app I have ever used, and I use a lot of apps. It's clear that the devs don't attempt to overreach their goals. They figure out what they want the app to do and then program it flawlessly. I haven't had a single bug. I have never found an app so worth it's cost. If you are looking for a mileage app that you can download and forget about, this is it. But it gets even better with just a little bit of attention. I got bored one day while waiting for an appointment and discovered that I could rename my frequently traveled locations from just the address (I LOVE this!). Download this. You will not regret it.

Amanda

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

May 2022

Great app to track your mileage!

I use this app when I'm d doing work trips and it's amazing! Love that it logs everything and calculates all you need.

Pros

I love that it will automatically track my miles and let me classify them. Then it shows me what I will earn back!

Cons

Every now and then it doesn't log a trip. Not sure why.

Reasons for switching to Everlance

Everlance just seems to track my milage better. Plus it was a little cheaper.

Nathan

Industry: Mental Health Care

Helpful but Demanding Software

My overall experience with Everlance is moderately good. I would recommend to the right person with a specific need for small business use.

Pros

I like the robust ability to track business expenses including driving and trips. The automatic GPS is helpful.

Cons

I don’t like the cost of the service or how demanding it is in terms of user input for business related trips.

Parker

Industry: Environmental Services

Great if you drive for work

Pros

this has helped me save lots on taxes with a mileage log that i can reference

Cons

sometimes makes it difficult to find things within the app

Jeffrey

Great For Claiming Business Expenses

Everlance has really been key for my income tax planning and claiming more money back. It's easy to lose a receipt or forget a business trip, etc. But now, I can quickly and easily log everything in one place lose the filing cabinet full of loose papers and receipts, and even add notes to each log to clearly identify the purpose and the type of expense for my accountant.

Pros

It was super easy to get into it. Little to no learning curve and fairly intuitive. I love how you can set the travel tracker on automatic or fill in travel logs manually. this is great for someone who doesn't always travel for business and needs to split trips between personal and business for tax purposes. There's also a complete list of expense categories which help to segment different expenses and even upload images of receipts to individual expense logs, which makes it easier for my accountant to claim the right and full amounts back for me at the end of the year. And probably the best of all is you can have all the information sent to you via email in a detailed excel spreadsheet including the images for expense logs.

Cons

At first the automated travel logs were a pain because it was logging every trip I was making, but it was easily switched off, and I much prefer manually logging all my business-related trips.

Adam

Best and easiest to use mileage app out there.

Pros

Everlance provides everything you need for tracking your mileage basically automatically wherever you go on the job. It has a simple interface, its easy to use, runs reports when you need them, prepares everything properly for tax purposes, and requires less attention than any mileage app I have used before.

Cons

It would be nice if there was a way to recategorize several trips at once. going one by one is time-consuming. It would also be nice if it had the capability to memorize more destinations, and then bring up all trips involving that destination when you we're making an entry that way it would be easy to categorize or recategorize trips to and from that destination, and/or to change things for all trips that involved that destination.

Response from Everlance

Hi Adam Thank you so much for the kind review! I wanted to let you know that there is indeed a way to categorize multiple trips: https://help.everlance.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000397872-Classify-Multiple-Trips-at-Once. We are also working on organizing trip data by location and would love beta testers. Please write to us at support@everlance.com as we would love to include you. Thank you!

Replied October 2018

Everlance keeps up with my mileage so I don't have to do it

I recommended it to my accountant for her clients who need to track mileage. Several of them have started to use it. In addition to the personal benefits to myself during tax season, I was able to help other entrepreneurs who needed a similar tool. That was great.

Pros

Tax season. Those two words tell you almost everything you need to know about why keeping up with mileage is important to a consultant, freelancer or entrepreneur. You can claim those work related miles on your taxes. Everlance makes it easy to track mileage.

Cons

Setting up the frequent places traveled is a little difficult. And I wish there was a way to identify sub categories, like health/medical, when you swipe the data toward the personal side.

Very easy to use

I have used Everlance for almost a year and I appreciate that I get monthly reports regarding my trips and that I can easily categorize them in order to receive reimbursements for the use of my personal vehicle for work.

Pros

I like that the trip tracking feature is automatic. As long as I have my phone with me while traveling I am able to track and identify trips for work and other types of trips.

Cons

I would like to have the option to identify the vehicle I am traveling in. I was tracked on an airline flight and would have liked to have been able to indicate that as well as identify trips in work owned vehicles as well as my own personal vehicle.

Reasons for choosing Everlance

I currently use the free version and it had good reviews on the google app store.

Top Notch Mileage Tracker

I am an independent contractor and driving constantly is the main part of my job. Come tax time, I will need to be able to present organized documentation of all my tax write-offs, and Everlance will make sure it goes smoothly. This is truly helpful and makes working less stressful for me.

Pros

I found Everlance, and am blown away by how easy it is to use. The app automatically tracks my miles and destinations in one place. It calculates my total miles and shows me my taxable income as I go along. When I am ready to file taxes, Everlance creates a report for me with all the data I need to present to my tax preparer.

Cons

I have been using this app for a long while now, and I still have yet to find something I dislike about it. It is wonderful!