• Pros

• "We love having all of our fleet information in the one place. It's very user friendly and easy to update information on the fly. "

• "Everything is easy to find and easy to use. The value of everything I can manage is more than worth the cost."

• "For great service and excellent ease-of-use you can't beat Fleetio! It's foolproof! I recommend it without reservation! "

• Cons

• "The mobile app is a bit sluggish. Nonetheless, it is always improving and drivers are really happy with the fact that they can scan their fuel bills and claim them instantly."

• "Nothing is really bad about the site except the amount of steps to complete the set up but other than that nothing."

• "Still a new product, plenty of room for improvement, but most of the improvements are already in development."

Browse Fleetio Reviews

Kenny from RTS (Remedial Transportation Services)

Industry: Environmental Services

Fleetio is Advanced, Easy to Navigate and Extremely Useful for Our Fleet!

I just listed them on the other page about pros and cons. Thanks

Pros

Drivers input of issues transform to work orders so easily. We used to wait for the paper inspection to come in to schedule work to be done. By the time you received the inspection sheet that problem has been needing repair for over a week. Now that the truck operators input the issues directly to the system our shop sees the issue that day and schedules the work for that weekend. Efficiency is way better now that we have been running the Fleetio Software. Your Dashboard is an extremely useful landing page that will give you all the important information you need in an instant. I really like seeing what our monthly spend has been over time and whether we are trending up on spend or hopefully down. The integration with Geotab has made odometer updates a breeze and the DTC Alerts is great. I could go on and on about how great they are but to some it up, Fleetio is a company that gets it, they understand what companies need out of a fleet management software.

Cons

Few minor issues with Purchase Orders like the ability to create a PO from a work order, but they continually add helpful features! They currently do not fully integrate with our fueling network which is CFN but the Flyers Energy side of things. Hopefully that will be coming soon as well. I feel like some of the reporting could be slightly better. From a management standpoint i would like to be able to filter total operating cost to specific service categories.

Ercilio from OTL Group

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Truly built for data driven teams

We had a serious peoblems with fleet compliance, cost controls, keep assignments up to date, and cost analysis by operatarions, division or customer. With fleetio as are able to manage a remotely deployed fleet of vehicles with ease

Pros

Super powerful reports User granulation is the best in kind Excellent API documentation Ease to export data Integrations

Cons

Mobile app companion Issue tracking as a tickets or integration with a ticketing system. Cost tracking needs a lot of improvements.

Fleet

Response from RareStep

Replied February 2020

Thank you so much for your review of our product. Please do not hesitate to reach out to our support team if you have any questions!

Hayden from Pacific Sweeping

Industry: Environmental Services

If you have a fleet, you need Fleetio!

Everything has been awesome since the get-go when we came on board back in 2013. Fleetio's platform has evolved quite a bit over time, and I don't reap all of the benefits entirely, but my experience with the platform and their team has exceeded my expectations time and time again.

Pros

Realistically I love everything that Fleetio has to offer. What I love most about it is the inspection form workflow. This option has streamlined our pre/post trip inspections within our Company, and has created a "workflow" process from when the problem was initially found, to when it was repaired; you can even reject the repair if it wasn't done properly, and/or if the problem comes back! Also, the Fleetio Parts app has allowed us to streamline our online inventory, and tie parts into work orders so we can track what trucks use which parts.

Cons

The fuel card integration has never worked for me. Honestly it is probably an operator error on my end, but i would say that was my only bad experience trying to get that to link up to Fleetcor.

Reasons for Choosing Fleetio

Simply because we are a fleet, and Manager SE focuses on repair shops for profit. We solely work on our own fleet, and Fleetio was much better suited for us than SE. Glad we went with Fleetio; I dont know where i would be without it!

Response from RareStep

Replied November 2019

Hi Hayden, We are so grateful for your very thorough review! It is great to hear that you love the software and that it has been beneficial to your team. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for help with your fuel card integration. Thank you!

Janis from Westfield Gas + Electric

Great service!

Pros

What I like most about this software is that it is easy to use and updated with new functions often.

Cons

Only con I really have about this software is that it freezes and crashes very often. Can't think of any other cons

James from Lewis Sign

Lewis Sign Builders Fleetio Review

It has been a blessing!!!

Pros

It is very easy to use, it works with our fuel cards to track mileage that helps with our maintenance schedules, registrations, inspections. It lets us add documents like insurance cards, cab cards, crane inspections, certifications, daily vehicle inspection reports and so much more. And with all the records it helps when we sale a crane or truck.

Cons

Wish it had 3 or more secondary meter readings as each of our cranes have an odometer, PTO ( Power Take Off) that reads the hours the crane has been ran. And they have a welder/generator that we would like to log its run time as well. But it only has the option of 2 meter readings. I am sure they will fix this in the future. And we have multiple types of fuel that we put in our cranes ( Diesel) and welders use ( Gas) don't like that there are not able to read 2 different readings to determine welder fuel consumption.

Reasons for Choosing Fleetio

It had the most information capability's to log and keep track of our FLEET.

Response from RareStep

Replied February 2020

Thank you for your review of our product. Please do not hesitate to reach out to our support team if you have any questions!

Chris from McCorvey Sheet Metal

Future Proof Maintenance

The team is exceptionally helpful, and often reaches out if there's any part of the tool that could be used better to maximize your investment. There is a steady release of features that are heavily customer-driven which keeps the tool modern and convenient to use. I love working with the team and reading their blogs that provide valuable industry trends, and shows that they are always forward thinking.

Pros

Fleetio has several features that help you get your fleet data clean and maintained. The price to entry is a low barrier of entry, and has a plethora of resources including a help center, videos, and a custom on boarding program for a smooth transition. The best feature is arguably the ability to view all fleet related information (maintenance, drivers, location, inspections, fuel) in one console that allows comprehensive drill down data.

Cons

The integration with fuel card vendors can be frustrating in the fact that it always imports odometer readings. Since entries are entered by staff, these can be off and throw off false-positives that require more work. There's option for drivers to have an HOS report generated on their phones, so for CDL users the software is a little limited for trip tracking reports.

Ernest from Boyle Transportation

Makes the day of a Fleet department run more efficient.

Pros

What I like most about Fleetio's software is it's customization. This means when something either in the industry or internally has changed we can mirror than change easily. With data being used more on decisions than ever before Fleetio continues to be a great tool in that respect.

Cons

Their reporting functions when we first implemented their software was not the best and there are still some gaps today. But I will tell you that they have done a lot for us in the years that we have worked with them. There has also been a lot of of corospance between us and them on "wants" and "needs" over the years and they have always made a conscious effort to meet those demands.

Response from RareStep

Replied February 2020

Chris from Scotto's Plumbing

Fleet Management Made Simple

I have been very impressed with how comprehensive this platform is. Cloud Based Service Records - We are able to convert our messy paper records to searchable cloud based files that are accessible from anywhere. With this information at my fingertips, it doesn't matter where I am when the repair shop calls me. I can log into Fleetio, review the vehicle's records and make a informed decision for repairs. I also stand better chance at catching warranty repairs and not spending money when we don't need to. Driver Inspections and Service Reminders - Our area of operations is quite large, and most of our technicians take their trucks home. Because of this, there are trucks and vans that I may not see at our office for months at a time. Having our drivers do paper inspections was a logistical nightmare. With the Driver App, our employees can perform electronic inspections and report vehicle malfunctions which are automatically uploaded to our Fleetio Account. This alone will help us streamline our communications and maintenance scheduling. Adding scheduled service reminders to the equation will also help us be more proactive with our fleet maintenance and save us money on costly repairs down the road.

Pros

Affordability, Ease of Use, Cloud Based, Customer Service, Driver App

Cons

The big thing we are waiting for are push notifications so we can set Inspections and Service reminders for our drivers. There are also some minor usability steps and features that could be improved, but nothing major.

Response from RareStep

Replied February 2020

Dan from Totem Towing

Fleetio

We are able to keep control of our fuel purchases, as we reconcile with the fuel company on a daily basis. The communication with respect to issues with any truck is fantastic, as everyone including our technician can see any issue posted by a driver.

Pros

The software keeps great records of inspections, fuel records, and inventory control.

Cons

The areas of the software that we use work very well for us. There was some growing pains when we first got in to it, but it runs very well for us now.

Ranga from MAS Holdings

Industry: Textiles

The best fleet management software

It is the best fleet management software ever. No secondary options.

Pros

Fleetio is very easy to use to manage company transport vehicles, delivery vehicles, etc. The dashboard of it shows a summary of the fleets and it is very efficient to use.

Cons

The interface and dashboard of Fleetio could be improved a little bit with user customizable options.

Response from RareStep

Replied November 2019

Hi Ranga, Thanks so much for taking the time to review our software. We take product feedback and suggestions very seriously and will be sure to take yours into consideration. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us with any questions. Thank you

Philip from Richmar Controls

Industry: Industrial Automation

Fleetio makes management of our 22 vehicles, most of which are white, easy and transparent.

We have a 22 car fleet for technicians, the drivers keep them from cradle to grave. It's probably an hour a car to completely get it set up. Once all the info is in you can eliminate a few Excel sheets around the office since its all in Fleetio. I went back 6 months with repair data - it was worth doing. Fleetio sweeps in our Wex gas charge card charges every night, this gets vehicle odometers in for maint reminders and calculates fuel mileage. For a new vehicle I input total cost incl sales tax on a 4 year note so Fleetio shows this in cost per mile (45 cents) vs 22 cents on an 80 - 100k mile vehicle that we own so I think this will help in the keep/trade/junk the car decisions. I can see all repairs done to a car so when something happens I have a context to make decisions from. I looked up all owners manuals online and input the oil change, coolant, trans svc, engine and cabin air filter, spark plug & PCV valve and tire rotation intervals into Fleetio. It now e-mails me and the driver when service is due and I can quickly see - say its an oil change at 97K - lets do the 100K spark plug change too. A car w/ spark plugs changed at 60k during a repair can go to 160K, you can set all that. Also tire rotations - the reminder I made says how to rotate "Front Wheel Drive 4 Tire - LR to RF to RR to LF to LR" for each type of car. Five wheel rotation says lubricate spare tire carrier, etc. So now I can see what's coming due in on list. I feel so good about the cars now!

Pros

I got everything into it that I need and I now really have a handle on what's going on with our vehicles. I think we can deliver a better experience to our drivers now, too. It's so nice to know that everything is being done that should be and that we're not doing things twice which we were sometimes before. Especially with so many white vehicles none of us really knew which was which never mind their histories.

Cons

Some things I think could be improved to save labor on the admin end but they are continuously upgrading it and we have worse problems with our accounting and service dispatch software which costs a lot more. So Fleetio's not perfect but not perfect compared to what? I don't think any software programmers completely understand what users need since they don't really use the software - I think Fleetio does a better job than most and Fleetio does everything I need it to.

Response from RareStep

Replied July 2019

Hi Philip! Thanks so much for your positive review and your feedback. We are so glad to hear that Fleetio has streamlined your processes and increased efficiency for you and your fleet. It is so great to hear that you are able to leverage our fuel card integration. Please do not hesitate to let our support team know if you need anything. Thank you!

Mark from Alutiiq, LLC

A++ customer service. Fleetio is built with a clean, modern structure & design. Training gets A+.

Allows me to structure the new corporate fleet policies, procedures, records. Encourages vehicle managers to protect, utilize and maintain company assets.

Pros

- The GUI is very clean and airy, so that makes a good first impression. - The simple layout keeps "clutter-confusion" to a minimum. - Little blue "helping" text through-out provides clarification of functionality for starting users. Just hover over those & click, or hover over little question marks. - Their lack of strong vehicle & driver dispatching / routing / tracking / scoring is a plus for us (~1,000 vehicles & equipment). We only needed an asset management system with vehicle and equipment data capture capabilities. Preventive and scheduled vehicle maintenance. Also authorized driver assignments. - Internal dbs communications are handy with public vehicle comments and easy email prompts. Maybe they'll offer IM?? -Batch Export/Import process is VERY fast and intuitive. Just "Export Data", receive Excel spreadsheet, modify your data, "Save", "Import Data", drag/drop the file, "OK" the template and click "Submit". You don't even have to rename the original file. -Our corporate VPs are pleased with the automatic reminders and notifications. Driver's licenses, vehicle registrations, insurance renewals etc. can be dated to provide advance notice and even overdue alerts. Some other corporate departments were investigating this capability. Guess Fleet Management got it first. -Creating custom fields is very simple. Everybody needs those.

Cons

-Canned reporting selection can be increased, OR, -The ability to generate and save Admin or User reporting would be nice. Probably a more efficient avenue than the first option. -NOT a CON: Automatic scheduled report generation would be a big plus for me. Come in to work Monday AM and find 3-5 brief reports already processed, covering vehicle Alerts, Problems, New Vehicles etc would be very nice. Maybe even auto distribution. Other databases do that. -Too little internal corporate or financial structure hierarchy. "Group" is about the only way to tag a vehicle except with a person's name (driver). Our internal IT will have that as integration priority #1 since user security restrictions (vendor recently enhanced that), financial charging to contracts, projects and overhead is required. -I discussed automatic vehicle retirement data routing to our G/L, Risk and Fixed Asset System depts with the vendor. They are providing a couple of workaround options and I think they should add this as a canned communication to other corporate depts. If only as vehicle data Excel file attachment to an email distribution group. Triggered upon vehicle status change to "Sold", "Scrapped", etc.

Steve from Stanley Steemer, Intl.

Fleetio helps me truly "see" our fleet.

I've been administrating the product for 5 years. Fleetio is very intuitive and the entire Fleetio staff is always super helpful and friendly. I'd recommend it to any company with a fleet of any size.

Pros

Fleetio gives me incredible visibility into our fleet. We use Fleetio to track about 1100 vehicles across the country. Before Fleetio, we had little to no idea whether maintenance was being performed on time. Now, a simple glance at the dashboard tells me or our managers where we stand. They also have easy to understand reports that help me drill down into the details.

Cons

It is not fully customizable by the user. That can be a pro for beginners but a slight drawback for advanced users. So, if there is a feature you would like to use that they do not provide, you can't tweak the system on your own. The Fleetio team is great about taking feedback though and they are always improving and expanding the system, often based on customer input.

Response from RareStep

Replied August 2019

Hi Steve, Thank you so much for your review. I speak for the entire Fleetio team when I say that we have always enjoyed working with you. We greatly appreciate your business and are so glad that our software has been beneficial in helping you increase efficiency and streamline fleet management for your fleet at Stanley Steemer. As always, please do not hesitate to reach out to us for any support you may need. Thank you!

Chelsea from Renew Digital

Industry: Medical Devices

A virtual fleet manager for any fleet size! Why aren't you using this already?!?!?!

As a small business, we were desperate for a system to track, monitor, and automate some of the fleet management tasks that we just aren't staffed to perform. Fleetio has essentially eliminated the need for a dedicated fleet manager, allowing our employees to focus on achieving primary business goals instead of worrying about the fleet. We find Fleetio an invaluable partner in our business and have been so pleased with the product, their team, and features. We can't wait to see what they do next!

Pros

Our favorite aspect of Fleetio is its usability! From the driver's Fleetio Go app to the administrative Fleetio Manage portal, our users have quickly adopted the application and even are happy to try out new features as they are added. The focus that the product team has on the customer and user experience is amazing and very unusual in this space and price point.

Cons

Fleetio has a great customer support team and product feedback team; however, they could improve the user experience during the initial account configuration process. Don't get me wrong - Fleetio may be the most user-friendly system that our company uses, but it does take some time for initial setup (hint: if you have the time - do so during the generous 14 day free trial period.) I do wish there would have been a little bit more effort either as a step-by-step tutorial within the system or a quick call with an associate to make sure the system is set up properly and to function as optimally as designed. Once you're in, their knowledgebase is expansive and tips are made available on all new features - signs of a very well executed product plan!

Kieran from SN Transport Ltd.

Review of the Fleetio program

My experience with using Fleetio has been very easy. I was using the program right from the first day. It helps me track so many things with regards to our Fleet of vehicles. I no longer have to have spreadsheets galore in order to track when my vehicles are due for a service - the system reminds me when its coming up. Any program is as good as the info you put into it, but the customization of Fleetio is easy to use. I entered all the reminders for each of my vehicles, assigning the number of kilometers between each service and the system reminds me when to get each one done. Both of the shops we use for servicing our units also use this program which allows the service techs to see what is required for each service and if there are any issues in the system that need to be fixed while the unit is in their care. The two shops also submit their invoices to us through Fleetio which saves time and money for all. Also each shop sees what the other is charging for a particular service, elevating the competition that some shops have. Its a win/win for all involved! I couldn't do my job as well as I do without Fleetio!

Pros

The program is easy to use and easy to customize. It incorporates data all into one spot which makes it easy to track a history of service, repairs, damages and fuel usage. It also tracks how much money is spent on each vehicle in the fleet with regards to repairs, which helps to point out a unit that might have repeating issues.

Cons

I don't have anything bad to say about this program - except it doesn't bring me coffee in the morning! :)

Robert from Kayak Public Transit

Fleetio helps support asset and vehicle maintenance management.

Fleetio is our first fleet maintenance software program. Before that, everything was done manually. We now have the ability to efficiently record, track and report on vehicle maintenance and operating activities, parts inventory, and just about every other facet of our business. Our efficiency and time savings are just a couple of reasons why Fleetio has been worth every penny of the cost, which by the way is a very good value compared to other programs.

Pros

The various modules cover most of the needed business activities, and since the entire program is vehicle based, it is a perfect choice for fleet managers and operators. The reporting functionality is very robust, and covers most any data set that is required. It integrates with third party vendors such as contract maintenance shops and GPS systems for vehicle mileage uploads.

Cons

For long time Windows users, the Fleetio software takes a bit of getting used to on how to navigate around, but once a person gets the hang of it, it is fairly easy to work with. A user needs to be aware that Fleetio does not function well with previous versions of IE, and should be run on the platforms that are recommended by Fleetio.

LORI from STAR COMPANIES, INC

Star Companies, Inc on our experience with Fleetio

The overall experience has been very positive and I would recommend this software to others who are looking for a way to manage their vehicle fleet. Customer service is helpful and our questions are always answered effectively and in a timely manner. Thank you for making the management of our vehicles so easy!

Pros

This software is easy to navigate and makes it easy to keep track of vehicles ensuring that all are tracked and maintained efficiently.

Cons

There are other levels of the product we'd like to incorporate but everything we look at has a higher cost involved. The program does all we need it to do as we are set up, but we would most likely add a few more levels of service if it didn't cost more every time anything new is added.

Response from RareStep

Replied July 2019

Hi Lori! Thank you for leaving a review of our software and your overall experience so far! We are thrilled that you find Fleetio easy to use. Just to clarify, there are no a la carte features within Fleetio. You can access all of the features we offer through the advanced plan which is a set monthly price, only two dollars more than the pro plan. We would be happy to offer you a free trial of the advanced plan. I hope this helps! Please reach out to us at help@fleetio.com with any questions. Thanks again!

Todd from JM Materials, Inc.

Fleetio is a good product

1. We have been using Fleetio for over a year now and the reminders component is our favorite. This internet based program sends emails to whoever needs to be reminded of driver and truck compliance issues. It saves our staff from having to review spreadsheets every week to verify expirations. And we can do it on the fly from anywhere, not just at the office. 2. The budgeting that we can do is great also. We can look at a glance and see how much a truck is costing us. Lemon? Hard driver? MPG? Service hog? You name it. 3. We group our labor to verify accountability and produce bonuses for payroll. 4. We labeled our departments like a truck. The shop is a truck, the facility is a truck, cash sales a truck, the cleaning staff a truck. Anything that has an expense. Now we can go see the cost for each dept. and create our budgets for any given time frame. Fleetio has become a very important part of our operational support.

Pros

Reminders

Cons

Most of this is probably our lack of training so far, but you asked... lol 1. Service entries vs. work orders 2. Assignments and attaching equipment. A lot of running around to reassign or move a driver or swap a trailer etc... Data entry piles up. 3. Inventory is still a bit cumbersome.

Scott from The Connell Company

A first rate fleet management experience

Fleetio checks all the boxes. It's simple for the end user. It has great management tools included. I can tailor settings to our organization. And they are always rolling out new features. They have a proactive approach to support, offering webinars and tutorials.

Pros

My favorite thing about Fleetio is that they are always working on improving their product. There always seems to be a new tutorial, or newsletter, or feature for the product. Their pride in producing a quality software experience for the end user is evident in all they do.

Cons

I don't have a "least". In my previous career I purchased many software platforms that failed to deliver, in both what the software should do and in the support of that product. Anyone who has been responsible for transitioning an organization to a new software platform knows how a product that fails to live up to what you have been promised can negatively effect your career. Fleetio delivers.

Lisa from Scobee Powerline Construction

Industry: Utilities

Superior Customer Service!

The whole Fleetio team is awesome. From the sales process bringing the Magic! Shout out to the rep! To the training experience with our guy, to the customer service teams that promptly respond to your issues. We couldn't be happier. In fact, our Maintenance team looks for opportunities to share the Fleetio Go App with everyone they see. If you are thinking of changing talk to these folks, they will make sure your experience is epic.

Pros

Fleetio is a very user-friendly application that is completely mobile. Our maintenance team loves that they can go to a parts store and have everything they need at their fingertips to order parts. We love the fact that we can create issues as they happen instead of remembering to call or text the maintenance team and let them know there are issues. The many integration options keep all of our reporting in one easy to review place and allow us to see true dollar spend for each vehicle and our fleet as a whole.

Cons

There are great customization options, but I do believe that adding customization options to the Specs/Engine & Transmission/Wheels & Tires/Fluids, etc areas would be very beneficial. We would like to put the type of oils we use and more in the fluids section. We have been able to create custom fields for these items so we aren't missing the data, we just think the tabs are nice and would like to flesh them out.

Response from RareStep

Replied June 2019

Lisa, Your review means so much to us! We are thrilled that your experience has been consistent from the sales process to implementation. We are constantly improving our software and adding new features, so thank you for your feedback! We will be sure to take it into consideration. Thanks again!

Noah from Kroger Logistics

Only Fleet Managing Tool You Would Ever Need

Very Happy, will never look for any other solution.

Pros

We have been working with Fleetio for past 2+ years and have been super happy with their work ethics and their continuous system improvements. As our company expands, it is great to have a system that makes improvements on the daily bases. Fleetio is very efficient, user-friendly, FAST, and modern system. We are primarily using it for trucking & intermodal, but it could be used for any type of fleet: taxi, limo, transit buses, service vehicles (plumbing, HVAC, etc) pretty much anything that has wheels.

Cons

User Iterface, Speed, 3rd party API Integration, constant improvments, too many to choose from

Louis from Express Electric Inc.

I have been usuing fleetio & fleetio go.

With fleetio we been able to keep track our vehicle maintenance with more efficient. track vehicle mileage and much more. fleetio save money to our company.

Pros

what I like the most is fleetio go the mobile app. I love because all my employees can do there vehicle inspections from their company phone. that way I can track all vehicle maintenance.

Cons

It is one thing I dont like from fleetio go. but I am pretty sure that they will update that in the future. I really wish that fleetio was like facebook and other apps where you recieve notifications on your phone app. for example on facebook if someone tag you or comment on your facebook it shows up on the app icon that you have 1 2 3 or more notifications on your facebook. it will be really nice if they create that on fleetio go for the vehicle inspections notifications instead sending emails .

Keith from Stewart Plumbing, Inc.

Scalability and ease of use!

Fleet Management power tools for the small company!

Pros

I like that I can grow with this software or use just the basics for a small fleet or vehicle asset tracking. Reminders for services or scheduled maintenance is really easy to set up and the notifications sent to the driver or fleet manager are precise and descriptive. Repair history cost per mile, reports are all valuable to a small company without the support staff to record and monitor for this information. The mobile app is powerful and not removed down.

Cons

Not much to complain about. The forecast service reminders can sometimes trigger premature service notifications.

Curt from Eikenhout, Inc.

It works really well for us. We love the fuel integration and the customizable inspection forms!

Pros

Being able to customize the DVIR for the different types of vehicles in our fleet (Crane trucks, tri-axles, box vans, pick-up trucks, Skytracks, Moffets and forklifts = currently 125+ ). We've also created custom inspection forms based on the type of delivery service we offer. They continue to evolve the analytic side (reporting) which is very important to us. They need to do this to keep our business and gain more customers. Fuel integration with WEX Fuel is awesome!

Cons

The dashboard can sometimes run slower than I'd like but it is processing a lot of data (we're running 33.7mbps down and 45.5 up). A lot of the features are designed for fleets with onsite maintenance. We outsource all repairs so we're not interested in Work Orders or Parts and Inventory.

Desalegn from World Health Organization, Maiduguri, Nigeria

Fleetio is an excellent fleet management tool, to effectively monitor fuel spare parts and service f

Pros

We are using fleetio for management of vehicle and generator for international humanitarian organization. The fuel management before we started using fleetio was difficult and misuse of fuel by drivers was very high. Fleetio helped us to effectively monitor the fuel management for vehicles and generators. The software enabled drivers to input their fuel data from their smart phone and the supervisor able to monitor the fuel consumption properly and take appropriate action in the case of abnormal consumption. The service reminder also helps to remind drivers and supervisors when the vehicle is due for service.

Cons

The service reminder is working based on the data imported for fuel and the accuracy in determining the service is not perfect. If the software is coupled with additional hardware that help for GPS vehicle tracker and all information is connected directly to the KM counter, that will make the system super.

Reza from Lazy Express

Better than sliced bread

I have a fleet of over 200 bikes. Since 2014 I have been using the software with no issues. I was part of the Fleetio Drive beta team and it was really great that my company was trusted to contribute to developing the addon. Unfortunately, due to my geolocation (Dubai), the feature was not really fitting in with the market conditions here. My favorite is fuel & history management.

Pros

The best feature is the driver history and fuel management, not mention service history parts and etc...

Thompson from Delta Leasing, LLC

Industry: Oil & Energy

This is an amazing product, just what we needed at a price point we could justify

A far better managed fleet, proactive rather then reactive.

Pros

This product has improved our inspection and safety reporting more than 100%. When the fleet is scattered across the largest and most remote state in the union it is much more important to get good quality reports to track maintenance and safety issues. With customizable inspection reports we can support a widely diverse fleet. Getting field drivers/ operators to do a report when resources are limited is next to impossible. Printer, copier and web access are not a given. When we set up a large spread in a remote location we provide the master mechanic with a smart phone that has the app pre-loaded, he/ she can produce the reports offline and up load when cell or web access is available. The addition of photos is invaluable and improves the quality of the reports. With the new visibility that this reporting has provided we can now track and determine the usable life of an asset as well as keep the equipment in good safe operational condition. This improves our productivity and will more than pay for itself.

Cons

This is a new product but to date we have not had any issues, set up was a breeze given our 700+ fleet size.

WILLIAM from TRADEWINDS AUTO TRANSPORT LLC

Pretty damn impressed

I started with the free trial a few years ago and only used it to record maintenance on one truck and one trailer. After expanding I decided to purchase the upgraded product and so far it seems to be very reliable, easy to use and an all in one program that has many more features than I will ever use. (Probably) I love the fact that it integrates with the GPS tracking system I use. Would love to see Fleetio develop their own GPS tracking and ELD capabilities someday.

Pros

All in one product that is easy to use...

Cons

Having a difficult time figuring out how to print maintenance history on each unit. I am sure it is just me not looking in the right spot. Will figure it out.

Response from RareStep

Replied August 2019

Hey William, Thank you so much for taking the time to review our software! It is great to hear that you find Fleetio so user-friendly and that you decided to continue with our product following your trial period. If there is anything we can do to assist you, please do not hesitate to contact us at help@fleetio.com. Thank you!

Dan from coral springs improvement district

Industry: Utilities

innovative and forward thinking company

i have everything pertaining to my fleet in one place. the software keeps us on track for maintenance too.I find nothing wrong or lacking from the software as it is today. I always find it interesting when i log in (or get notified via email) and find a new feature or additional value added function.

Pros

I like that we can put gas in our vehicles and update our fleet via a mobile app. I enjoy the service reminder functions and I get a lot of use from the software knowing that i can look at past invoices and see how many miles we were able to drive on a particular tire replacement

Ian from GBE Converge

Cost Savings

The reason for using Fleetio was to allow is to bring our fleet management in house and under control rather than paying a third party.

Pros

The software was so easy to set up with the on boarding templates, within 3 hours i had imported all of our vehicles and users. No training has been needed so far.

Cons

To date we have not found and items we do not like about the software

Response from RareStep

Replied July 2019

Hi Ian! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review on our software. We are glad to hear that it has been a great experience for you thus far and that you have had no trouble getting started! If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at help@fleetio.com. Thanks again!

Gary from Algona EMS

Industry: Public Safety

Overall, this product is outstanding. My staff have taken to it very naturally. Very intuitive.

Better structure and accountability for our routine maintenance. In the past, vehicles had gone far too long between routine service, and in at least one case, the service was done twice in a very short period of time because our old paper-and-pen system failed us.

Pros

Easy to use, good mobile interface and app. Setup was much simpler than many others I have looked at or tried. This will really help my organization to track and maintain our ambulances and ensure that our equipment is inspected and ready for service. No longer will we wonder if the "Next service due" sticker that the mechanic put in the windshield is based on his schedule or ours. I am notified whenever a truck is due for service based on the schedule that I established. In the past, we had missed oil changes or more-frequent-than-necessary oil changes. That won't happen with Fleetio.

Cons

The one thing I've had difficulty with is modifying a service schedule for a group of vehicles. This does not appear to be very straighforward, but I'm certain that when I contact Fleetio's customer service, they will be able to help me. They've been very helpful in explaining issues to me in the past.

Richard from TKG Environmental Services Group, LLC

Industry: Renewables & Environment

Great Program

Great service, great team of people. We always receive quick responses. The program has gone through a lot of upgrades and additions in the 3-4 years we have used and they have made it truly a simple easy to use software.

Pros

Fleetio is a simple and user friendly. The consistent improvements to the program have turned it into a very robust software. FleetioGo app is also great for operators.

Cons

Not much, it would be nice if we could sort a little more in the issue board. Ideally by labels.

October 2015

Matt from Jefferson County WA (formerly City of Chicago fleet)

October 2015

Raises the bar

To anyone tired of clunky, old software for fleets that does not work the way other applications work, that is not intuitive at all, that is poorly documented and hard to learn, Fleetio is like a breath of fresh air. Why does our industry settle for software that looks like software from two decades ago? I found and played around with Fleetio while preparing a request for proposals for replacement fleet-management software in 2014. While the product was not developed enough at the time to win our RFP, this is what I wanted to purchase: a modern, online interface that was flexible enough for the Fleetio team to add features (at an impressive pace that continues today). One example: We asked for a simple VIN decoder to help save some keystrokes (year/make/model), and Fleetio instead supplied a fully capable VIN decoder that imports a whole wealth of information into the vehicle record. I continue to use a free Fleetio account for my personally owned vehicles. While that means I am not making use of the advanced features (AVL integration, repair orders, inventory management), I have been watching their progress closely. The Fleetio team takes user input very seriously and actually implements requested features in a workable, consistent manner. A year ago, they had a lot of gaps in features compared to traditional fleet software; those gaps continue to shrink, and Fleetio is now comprehensive enough for most midsize fleet operations (and more than enough for a lot of fleets). The next time I procure a fleet-management-information system, Fleetio will have raised the bar substantially above the traditional leaders in this market, and it would be hard to choose anything from that older generation.

Ross from SFSWMA

Intuitive, easy to use. Equipment, operator, mechanic all working together.

Economics

Pros

The service support. Ease of use. Adaptability. Intuitive. Covers the bases. Reports are of great value. Maintenance cost and fuel use are down. Better communications over-all.

Cons

Some repetitive items, like fuel cost, needs to be entered each time a fuel entry is made. We buy in bulk and have our own dispensing pumps. Two locations for diesel, but different vendors with some variation in cost between locations.

Robbie from Rental Car Business

Great cloud based fleet management software!

The ability to self manage our fleet via a cloud based, easy to use and integratable platform.

Pros

Easy to use and navigate, up-time is exceptional and support is prompt and helpful. Overall a well rounded internal / self management platform. Great integration options for telematics and other management tools.

Cons

Reporting is a little limited and in-flexible, un-able to schedule selected reports, API documentation is a little behind the releases, upload of documents by API not possible, some times updates / releases are released before documentation is available relating to the changes.

Jonathan from MediTrans

Great Functionality - Easy to Work With Team

Overall, great product and great sales & service team. I would recommend to anyone trying to find an all-encompassing fleet management software.

Pros

The Fleetio Team was very helpful when I wanted to use their product. My company is utilizing the platform for a very new concept, and the sales and service team at Fleetio listened to our product needs, and worked around our new start-up complications to ensure maximum effectiveness at launch.

Cons

Product is a little pricey if you don't want to utilize all the features. It's a very nice, comprehensive fleet management software; however, my organization only uses about 20% of the features, but still have to pay for the items we do not need. I would like to see future pricing plans which offer solutions for our fleet size (500-600) but do only require payment on the features used.

Response from RareStep

Replied February 2020

Hi Jonathan, Thank you for taking the time to review our software. We will most certainly take your feedback into consideration. In the meantime, please do not hesitate to reach out to us with any questions or support needs. Thank you!

Great Option For a Small Fleet

Pros

I had used Fleetio years ago when I owned/operated a contracting company with a few trucks on the road. It was great to be able to track and monitor their whereabouts. Fleetio also helped us schedule our day because we had a lot of destination points and being able to plot out a route saved us a ton of time/gas.

Cons

Because I used Fleetio so long ago and there wasn't much competition in their space, it is hard to say there was anything "wrong" with the software. Since our use they have added a few additional features.

Response from RareStep

Replied February 2020

Thank you for your review of our product. Please do not hesitate to reach out to our support team if you have any questions.

Roberto from Ujet societ cooperativa

The best software for manage a car fleet

You can control your fleet and your drivers more easily

Pros

- Complete management of the car fleet - App to be installed on your smartphone well connected to the information system on the web - Excellent system for inspecting vehicles through the app, by drivers or technicians, with the possibility of attaching photographs - Fully configurable with different access policies and authorizations, for owners, drivers, technicians, administrators - Excellent deadline system based on mileage and / or time - Integration with Fleetio Drive, a good system for monitoring drivers' driving style

Cons

Missing a simple system to track the damage status of the vehicle. This way the the drivers on a roster could check if there is a new damage when starting the shift There are no other languages then English. My need is to have Italian but I think other European companies will have the same need. Drivers do not always know English and this means they will have a little more difficulty learning how to use the app

Pete from Clean Sweep

Keeps track of what you need.

Mobile compatible, and easy to use. Works well with multi-user. It's like having a tinder account for your fleet!

Pros

Multiplayer . Mobile. Keeps reminders. Webinars.

Cons

We haven't set up where the manager is tracking what was done daily. Could use some advance help.

Vincent from Pro-Ex

Automated maintenance and reminders, fuel tracking, vehicle tracking in one place, and ability to customize inspections that make use of cloud technology. Also, allows ease of driver data entry, greatly reducing the time frame that management have to spend creating reports and tracking.

Pros

I have found that this software offers everything I need to maintain our vehicles. It offers ease of use, ease of set up and allows for great customization of maintenance and assignment of units.

Cons

None at this point. Cannot pinpoint a con

Response from RareStep

Replied February 2020

Jason from Manchester Metropolitan University

Finding Fleetio was the best thing we could have done for our fleet management!

Easy to use and converted us from spreadsheets of data into one easy to use system.

Pros

It's so easy to use and set up. Ticks every box for a very competitive price! We use it to make fleet decisions and the data is so easy to interpret.

Cons

Using for EV fleets isn't ideal but can be worked around by creating new fields. Could do with an average miles per Kw conversion.

Dennus from Scotts Valley Fire Protection District

It has been very user friendly, support has been excellent, I feel like my feedback gets used

Pros

It is very user friendly. I was able to set it up from scratch with relative ease. Inspections have made reporting and tracking issues much easier. As well as tracking scheduled maintenance

Cons

my biggest issue with my use case is that I have drivers / managers who rely too heavily on the app and don't use the full functionality of the desktop. Other than that I've had issues with drivers inputting the wrong mileage, then the next driver is forced to input another wrong odometer reading. I've also had people leave off an hour meter reading on a service entry that has an hour based service reminder. This causes some weird issues with reminders

Steve from Mount Paran Christian School

Fleetion is the Best

My overall experience with the company and the software has been great!!!

Pros

I love the ease of use and the availability that Fleetio offers. Both the Mobile App and the website have been a great tool for our fleet of buses.

Cons

I am struggling to think of anything that I would perceive as a Con of this company and its software.

Michael from County Fire

Industry: Facilities Services

Simple Software Solution For Your Fleet

Pros

We rely on all the automation Fleetio provides

Cons

No cons to report. Fleetio does everything we need.

Response from RareStep

Replied December 2019

Hey Michael, We appreciate your review so much! It is so great to hear such positive feedback about our software and to hear how you are able to successfully use it to manage your fleet. Please never hesitate to reach out to us if you need anything! Thanks so much!

Steven from New England Newspapers Inc

Industry: Newspapers

Great software to keep track of all the information I need for my fleet in one easy to use location.

Up to date information on my fleet.

Pros

Cons

I can't use my fleet fuel cards or the gps I have installed in my vehicles. I would love if Fleetio would be able to get access to link Voyager fuel cards and US Fleet Tracking devices.

Clark from Black & White Transportation

Pros

Very robust platform - covers all of our needs - at a fair price.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind.

Response from RareStep

Replied August 2019

Hi Clark! We very much appreciate your review and are so glad that Fleetio is working as a solution for the needs of you and your team. Please feel free to reach out to our support team if you have any questions or need assistance. Thank you!

Jenny from Waynes

Great for managing your Fleet

Overall, this is the best program by far in helping manage our fleet and keep track of maintenance and repairs.

Pros

Best option for managing vehicle issues within our fleet along with tracking vehicles maintenance. Using Fleetio to enter in the issues and requests has helped with resolving them quicker and provides a record on vehicles in one place. Able to print off information entered easily and track spending making us more efficient!

Cons

It does take some time getting the info entered you need to get started if you have a lot of vehicles. Team members can also turn off the app. It does drain the battery.

Jerry from City of Troy

Why Fleetio has made our equipment maintenance worry free!

For years the City of Troy had a great maintenance staff but we were behind the times with documentation and timely services being performed. Since switching to Fleetio we have noticed an incredible difference with equipment being serviced on schedule. The reason is simple, I get an email from Fleetio when a piece of equipment is nearing or overdue for service. This software takes all of the worries out of fleet maintenance. I can also easily transition through the Fleetio website to find any information on any vehicle anytime without digging through piles of paperwork in a file cabinet. I can pull up a vehicle's record and see any invoice with repairs and cost with one click of the mouse. I am not a computer Guru by any means, but I find the Fleetio website very user-friendly. I only had to fumble through the site a few times before I found myself easily searching and finding the information I was looking for. I'm always skeptical when I see 5-star reviews about anything, and I am not someone who sugar coats reality. If I found this software to be useless, cumbersome, or not worth the money, my review would reflect that. This program takes the worry out of managing a fleet of vehicles. I cannot rate customer support because I have not had to call or use them for any reason. The program and site have always been accurate and working correctly. To summarize I would highly recommend this program to anyone who has a fleet of vehicles they are responsible for maintaining.

Bert from Berry Bros. General Contractors, Inc.

Best of the Best

We have been using Fleetio for almost 3 years now. I'm not sure what we would do without it at this point. Fleetio has allowed us to streamline our maintenance issues and decrease our cost across the board. Their customer service representatives are the best that I have ever dealt with.

Pros

#1 in customer service and adapting their great software to your needs.

Tamara from CV Services Group

Everything in the one place

Despite being on opposite sides of the globe with a day/night time difference, we have found reprresentative very responsive to our emails and requests. Nothing has been too much trouble for him. The help center has lots of useful guides and the "get help" function is great too!

Pros

Cons

There are a few things we would like to further customize such as the dashboard and inspections. The product development team have been very open to our input and have already implemented some of our suggestions.

Response from RareStep

Replied November 2019

Thank you so much for your thoughtful review of our software, Tamara. We really appreciate the feedback and are happy to hear that your Fleetio implementation has been successful!