What are Motus users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Motus software through verified user reviews

• icon"As a company, our employees netted more money than our old program, and we paid less. It was a great win/win scenario and my only regret is not doing it sooner."
  • icon"The software interface is very simple and designed to optimize the user experience."
  • icon"The motus app is amazing to use. You have many options to accommodate your needs."
  • icon"The phone number is hidden and I've never waited less than a half hour on hold. Emailing for help is excruciatingly slow and painful."
  • icon"The only thing I don't like is that it tends to be hard on the battery."
  • icon"Customer support is terrible, they pay pennies on the dollar to the people using it. A lot of trips don't sync."

Browse all Motus Reviews

• Have you used Motus and would like to share your experience with others?

Drive time (miles for miles )

I have a great overall experience . It is great I use to use another app and it wasn’t as great but this app is amazing

Pros

The motus app is amazing to use . You have many options to accommodate your needs . I use the smart track so it sense when I’m driving and starts recording . And you can set the day that you usually work and hours and have it set to records during those times. It’s the best driving app that I have used .

Cons

Sometimes the app doesn’t start when you start driving or it’s a little off by 5-10 miles. Also sometimes when you drive to the same location it gives you two different miles even though it’s the same distance every time .

New to IRS approved FAVR

We have saved on some spend for mileage while increasing employees net pay. We were able to take the savings and invest it in other employee benefits across the whole company. Overall it was such a positive move, I don’t know why we didn’t do it sooner.

Pros

The software interface is very simple and designed to optimize the user experience. The admin portal gives the greater amount of info and is more complex, but that is necessary. This was one of my favorite roll outs I’ve ever done because the process was so easy and painless. As a company, our employees netted more money than our old program, and we paid less. It was a great win/win scenario and my only regret is not doing it sooner.

Cons

The mileage tracking app is not perfect. It is something that we have seen improvements on, but tied to OS issues, the difference between Android and iOS users is pretty big. Many employees have struggled with reduced battery life when auto tracking miles, but also there has been a lot of employees uncomfortable with tracking apps in general. Motus does not make it easy to track and input mileage a different way than the app.

Steven

July 2022

Great Software

Pros

Motus is great since we can add geofence, give us a great trip history report. Motus also helps us with gas price difference. The mobile app is easy to use.

Cons

The only things that we really don't like is the manual entry. If only when driver would enter the mileage manually it needs to be approve before the end of the month.

J Bryan

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

July 2022

Useless Waste of Time

The associates I have interacted with at their "App Support" have all been very professional and nice and as helpful as they can be. Beyond those interactions, absolutely NOTHING positive to say about the app.

Pros

What I will like most about this software is not having to use it ever again. From the standpoint of a daily user, there is nothing positive to say about the software. The only entities benefitting from my use of this software are the company for which I work and Motus. I am LOSING significant money every month on gas.

Cons

Hmmm, let's see. My complaints are the same as virtually ever other users' complaints. The software is unreliable and inaccurate. I've been forced to use it for about six months now and it has never tracked mileage accurately. It is ALWAYS in the favor of the company and is always off by at least several hundred miles. Aside from this, if one reads the complaints, these are the exact same complaints that many others have expressed about this app for years. YEARS! And those complaints have never been addressed. There are only two possible conclusions here: 1-Motus is incapable of fixing their own app or 2-Motus just doesn't care. Either way, if you're using it to track and get reimbursed for your mileage, it is very likely you are getting screwed.

Response from Motus

Thank you for sharing your feedback and letting us know about your experience. Issues like this can typically be resolved with a simple settings change on your mobile device. Please contact our member services team for assistance. We look forward to supporting you!

Replied July 2022

Tim

Industry: Wholesale

Motus makes it easy to manage mileage reimbursement

Motus has lowered our mileage reimbursement expenses by almost $200 a month by allowing us to subtract the employee's daily commute from their business mileage. Multiply that by 20 or so business days each month, and it significantly lowers the amount of mileage that needs to be reimbursed.

Pros

Motus puts an app in the hands of an employee driver allowing the company to capture trip details including date and time each time a driver makes a stop. It lowered our vehicle expenses because it took away the guesswork, and the trips are validated by GPS.

Cons

It is not able to do a standard distance daily commute like my previous mileage administrator did. My previous administrator was bought and merged with Motus, and most of their checks and balances can be manipulated by a motivated driver.

Reasons for choosing Motus

Most of the great Runzheimer people were assimilated by Motus, and there wasn't a better alternative out there on the market.

Reasons for switching to Motus

Motus was bought and merged with Runzheimer.

Industry: Security and Investigations

Sorry I can't give all zero's. This app is TERRIBLE

It is just awful. Just terribly awful.

Pros

This app is terrible. It does not track what it says it will. It misses chunks of mileage per day, sometimes hundreds of miles in one day. It starts and stops from the wrong address. When you manually fix it, it fixes itself later in the month and you have to make corrections again. They hide the phone number for customer support and it has never been less than a half hour before you get a person. If you email it is several days to get a reply. It is almost January and they still have not fixed my complaint in May. Your company buys this, they are the customer. Motus doesn't really care if it works or not. Try and get them to help. If you are not double and triple checking this, LITERALLY, you are not getting credit for all of your miles and if you make corrections, the system sometimes fixes itself but your corrections are still there so it looks like you are adding miles. You have to check it so much and it is so time consuming.

Cons

It doesn't work and you cannot get help. The phone number is hidden and I've never waited less than a half hour on hold. Emailing for help is excruciatingly slow and painful. Nobody seems to know how to fix the issues. More importantly, they don't seem to care. You never get to talk to an IT person and they will not let you escalate an issue.

Samuel

Motus for a part time independent contractor

Motus has taken my mind off worrying about if my time and mileage are entered correctly. I would highly recommend it.

Pros

I love this software. I can keep track of my mileage and time by just having my phone with me. It uses the GPS and is able to connect with bluetooth. I have had other mileage tracking software before , but this is by far the easiest.

Cons

The only thing I don't like is that it tends to be hard on the battery. But s long as I am in the car it and I keep it plugged in, it's fine.

david

Motus

It works like it says it should.

Pros

Motus is a easy program to use. The phone app helps a lot.

Cons

The lack of being able to edit start and end times is an issue. I would like summit miles daily not monthly.

Mile Logs are Easy Again/Money Saver

Pros

Motus makes logging mileage easy. The phone all is seamless and efficient. Useful tool for many different business functions.

Cons

No cons at this time! I think the post-merger communications have been strong.

Industry: Medical Devices

April 2022

Terrible

none

Pros

Nothing to like at all about motus. Poor function, frustrating.

Cons

Mandatory to keep it tracking on "Always"... Messages from phone that Motus has tracked me 76 times in past 2 days, 3 days, etc. while I am not working, and the app is not on. Drains battery. OR you must go into the settings for the app when finished with your day and turn off tracking. If you select allow tracking "while using" the app, and you navigate away from it to view a map...it stops tracking. overall a horrible system.

Jason

Stay away from Motus!

I have very little good things to say about this Company. I would highly recommend every business to stay away and not use them.

Pros

It tracks mileage, but that's about it. Not very many positives.

Cons

Customer support is terrible, they pay pennies on the dollar to the people using it. A lot of trips don't sync. Payments to employees take way too long.

Mary

Industry: Building Materials

The Best!

Overall, I recommend every business to use this for employees who drive a lot!

Pros

Motus makes mileage logs easy and fast to submit.

Cons

There are no cons so far for me. I have been using this for about a month, and really like it!

Rob

Merger with competitor

Motus wants me to take my time to upload all the data provided to the company they merged with. My time is valuable to me as well. Asked for supervisor and was told there were not available. Customer service was poor at best.

Pros

System seemed fine to work with. Nothing else to say.

Cons

The work I had to do because of a merger they performed for their benefit.

3.08/5 out of 13 reviews