All OptimoRoute Reviews

1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed September 2022

Amazing product with great custoemr support

Amazing product. Very flexible design and allows us to customize very easily.

PROS

Route Optimization. Driver APP, Driver on the way text. Automated assignment of drivers

CONS

Wish the software has the capability of handling multiple timezone within one account, We had to create multiple accounts for different timezone

Hi there, What an amazing review! We love hearing our app is easy to use and very flexible. As you might know, we do support multiple time zones in a single account, but there are a few special cases like yours where having multiple accounts gives you the best results. If you'd ever like to explore other planning options, feel free to reach out to us at support@optimoroute.com or +1 855 338 2838. We've got new features coming regularly, so be sure to keep an eye out by following us on social media!

Replied October 2022

Consumer Services, 2-10 employees

Great Routing program!

The best part is the app for driver, the visual of the route so when cell service is bad the driver still has the ability to continue to next stop just by looking at the route. The direction line is still there! Huge help! Too many great parts about this program to list

PROS

The ability to copy routes and individual stops is critical to our business. Also the ability with multiple drivers

CONS

The cost has gone up with options (the live) for companies that just don’t need this

Reasons for switching to OptimoRoute

This has so many more options, the ability to route multiple drivers and see all routes together

We know that bad cell service can really mess up the day's plans, so we're thrilled to hear that our Mobile App is helpful for your drivers. We hope that you are finding a lot of value in OptimoRoute investment. Thank you for your review and for being our customer, Jennifer!

Reviewed March 2019

does the job but could be a lot better

Customer service is very good and fairly responsive, but the product itself is unimpressive.

PROS

It's the best we could find, and it does the job well enough.

CONS

There are a number of improvements that could be made to this software, too numerous to recount here. And while the entire industry suffers from this, the fact that it's not married to live traffic data makes the software basically useless in terms of tracking driver effectiveness. Essentially this software is slightly better than just doing it through a spreadsheet.

Companies see huge improvements over manual planning with our software. If you haven't seen similar gains, perhaps we can suggest a workflow which will get you great results automatically. What's different about OptimoRoute is we have many features like overnight, weekly and multi-day long haul planning, and many other features that other programs don't have. If you want to know more, please contact us at support@optimoroute.com.

Replied April 2019

R.W.

Farming, 2-10 employees

Making us look good!

This has honestly been a great software platform for our business. We looked at many competitors and options but Optimo Route was the best. Had all the features and more and the cost we right in line for a start up business. We will recommend this platform to everyone and appreciate the experience we have had so far.

PROS

We appreciate that this software has a tracking option and communication protocol. In the farming and delivering business communication is key and we are able to communicate with our customers and differentiate us from our competitors. Easy to use and very robust for the amount of money we pay. A great value.

CONS

We are not aware of how to integrate Optimo Route with our Wix E-Commerce platform. Integration would really help us save time but we don't know how to do this. We would like to have a better HELP or Support option in Optimo Route.

Reason for choosing OptimoRoute

More features and benefits for the price and we are able to customize in the future. Easy to add drivers and we got a great trial offer without having to buy it yet.

Rebecca

Consumer Services, 2-10 employees

Groceries Delivered

Overall we are very satisfied with the performance of the software.

PROS

Drivers save time using the software and it ensures customers that their groceries are on their way. The fact that it integrated easily in to apple phones is great. Also helpful that you can download reports, and the driving delivery schedule.

CONS

Sometimes it is hard to know where to go if you need to make unexpected changes in a hurry. For instance if a driver needs to switch their navigation app or if you need to edit some stops.

Reason for choosing OptimoRoute

The Optima-Route software was easily integrated and easy to learn. When we reached out to Locus there weren't any clear ideas as to how much it would cost. The people who did get back to us from Locus were vague and made it seem as though everything had to be customized and it seemed way out of our budget. We didn't have time to waste and OptimoRoute was found searching on the internet and so glad we found it.

Cheryl

Retail, 501-1,000 employees

Easy and Efficient to Use

The program is a great option for what we were looking for. The routing program that comes with our online platform is not user friendly, so I am happy that I found this product.

PROS

It has some very user friendly features along with the ease of use and set up with the App.

CONS

Adding a adjusting routes after they start should not have to be manually adjusted. There are times that I have to add quite a few stops and it gets very time consuming.

Reasons for switching to OptimoRoute

Even though Tookan is linked to our online shopping, the process of using it was terrible!!!

Calin-Alexandru

Logistics and Supply Chain, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2021

a good implementing and user experience

The experience was great. Domo was a real help for my while i was doing the testing and afterwards also. He helped the decision also

PROS

the fact that i can do the setup by myself and that the app is very intuitive

CONS

that you dont have a unit of planning smaller than the day. i have 2 shift per day and i have to split them using a workaround

Reason for choosing OptimoRoute

it was the best bang for the buck and the fact that i could test it myself with all the options available.

Hi Calin, Good stuff! Thanks for the feedback. We pride ourselves on our great support and making sure the software works for individual companies. As for the multi-run routes, there are a few ways to do that easily in OptimoRoute. Although you are likely set up with the best workflow for your use-case, we're happy to take another look anytime, to make sure you are getting the most efficient, accurate routes in the least amount of time. Just drop us a note at support@optimoroute.com and we'll hook you up!

Replied November 2021

tony

Renewables & Environment, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2023

Best option for small business

Found it to be user friendly after a quick introduction

PROS

The ease of use and route planning ability

CONS

I haven’t found anything worth mentioning

Reason for choosing OptimoRoute

Found it to be more suitable to my small business

Hi Tony - nice to hear that we were a good fit for your small business and that you were able to quickly adapt to our platform. Happy routing!

Chemicals, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2018

Small company using sofware

All in all it is a positive experience with Optimo Route. I know some of the options I would like to see could be accomplished through their web api, but we prefer out of the box solutions. If you are looking for a simple cost effective scheduling software this is a great start. I do change the route that is automatic many times and I am ok with that.

PROS

We signed up with Optimo Route early on when they came out, price point is good when you have a small fleet. We utilize it with a rotating of 2 drivers at a time with 7-12 stops each. I use it mainly for the fact that I can send the route to the guys via app & e-mail. *Easy to set up *Easy to use once you get the hang of it *Great customer service on getting locations set up. We only use locations for our customers not customers. Most of our customers have a single location that we go to. *Some customization via custom fields (We transport chemicals and I wanted a way to put down which chemicals we transport. While I don't have a great way to do this I did do a work around to get it to work. *Mobile app for drivers *Online only which is fine with me *Live tracking of trucks - this feature works maybe 80% allot in my assumption has to do with network and users device quality. I use it to see how my guys are doing on their route and to get an idea when they will be back or if they are meeting someone else.

CONS

*Don't have a monthly calendar view or RSS feed - this is nearly a deal breaker for us. I would like to be able to share the schedule with my sales people via a calendar where they can view future deliveries. *They have a Depot showing up but it is unusable in the scheduling. Working with OptimoRoute we did come up with a work around. Minor inconvenience. *Routing doesn't allow you to take in account for Hazmat routes. (Not a deal breaker for us as my drivers know the routes and use it primarily for order of stops, and will drive the correct route if needing a hazmat route. *No mobile website or app for schedulers, only use on a tablet or mobile phone if you want to lose your hair.

Thanks James! It's great to hear what works and your wish list. If you have a moment, drop us a line at support@optimoroute.com and let us know what's missing from using Custom Fields for your Products. Perhaps we can recommend something that would suit you better. What's more we have some new functionality with our Weekly (and Monthly) planning feature that might get you some of the visibility you were looking for. Happy to discuss. Lastly, we expect that some upcoming improvements will make planning with a tablet a bit easier! Thanks again for being with us so long. Stay tuned...

Replied January 2019

Maria Fernanda

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Excellent for Small business

We are solving the expensive cost of gas because we can optimize the routes and plan better to avoid excess of gas expenses.

PROS

The OptimoRoute system is suitable for our small company and easy to use. It's a flexibility system with access to a mobile application. The customer service is excellent and since we began using Optimo Route, we have a considerable improvement in our deliveries of product.

CONS

Some times I can't plan the routes with all my drivers because it takes only 2 of them but is not a big deal. Maybe we have something to change in the profiles of the drivers.

Reason for choosing OptimoRoute

When I start working here they were using already the product.

Hi Maria - we know how much of an impact gas costs can have on a small business and it's great that OptimoRoute has been of help. Our engineering team works daily on making sure we give our customers the best and shortest routes. There is a way to use both your drivers! Simply select the "Balancing" option under Planning Settings when you click the Plan Routes tab. You can choose the option to "Balance routes and use all drivers", and make other adjustments if you like. If you're still having trouble, write to our support team at support@optimoroute.com and they will take care of everything!

Tony

Food Production, 201-500 employees

Reviewed November 2020

Optimo Review

Overall a good product to conduct simple multi drop optimisation. Limited reporting available and limited ability for anything strategic. As our business had no optimisation capability it has proven to be very valuable especially in these times when costs and efficiency are paramount.

PROS

The software is very easy to implement and use. The mobile tracking element simple and effective and we had no problems with any drivers using it. The optimisation process is very fast which allows the user to create several possible what-if scenarios.

CONS

The location database is difficult to manage as it appeasr to add an entry everytime there is a slight change which leads to multiple entries for each location in the gazetteer. If you accidently copy or delete orders there is no "undo" button which can be disasterous when working to a tight schedule. We are unable to plan strategically as in our case I would need to create a large one-off schedule that would require me to add the number of drivers and add cost. As I only need to add drivers as a one-off this make it not cost effective to pay for a months worth of extra drivers. Operationally this biggest problem is hours worked does not include implant and explant that would apply to any driver. I cannot therefore use the system report to calculate hours as I am unable to add time for vehicle check, refuel debrief etc.

As above

Hi Tony, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review for OptimoRoute's route optimization software - we really appreciate it! Also, thanks for letting us know about your concerns and issues, drop us a line at support@optimoroute.com so we can hear more about the specifics of your case and improve your experience. Our team would be happy to help find solutions suitable for your company's needs. We're working on improving our software daily and we'll also be adding new features soon. Hope you'll be able to reap the full benefits of our software with the help of our team!

Replied December 2020

Cathy

Retail, 2-10 employees

User Friendly

Based on the basics of what I need to accomplish with the program, it works great! I am very happy with it and would recommend it if ever asked

PROS

I like that it is easy to use and routes are created quickly. I like the fact that you can have more than one vehicle routed at a time and that you can export the route to the driver if need be. I like that you can have more than 21 stops per vehicle without having to create a new route. I have not utilized the program to its full capacity as of yet.

CONS

That when you add an address and you want to copy and paste it into the name field it it tends to default back to the location section causing you to enter the location twice on the line. That you actually have to download the trip info to retrieve times etc. That sometimes it give you wacky driving times and if you reference the two driving destinations with google maps, you get different times. Although, traffic may be the indicator here.. not sure.

Reasons for switching to OptimoRoute

You were only able to have 21 stops where this programs allows way more.

Hello Cathy, Thanks for leaving a review about OptimoRoute, and for letting us know what has impressed you and concerned you. It's wonderful to hear that you're enjoying the ease of use and the powerful capability of our route optimization software. Please be in touch at support@optimoroute.com - let's find a solution together to these issues that have been troubling you.

GC

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Used less than 12 months

Reviewed September 2019

OptimoRoute has saved us tremendous time!!!

I mentioned many of my experiences in the above comments but this software has allowed us to streamline our fundraising goals. We are all volunteers and often times spent many hours in helping to organize our routes, drivers and deliveries. This software has taken the hassle out of the equation. I actually look forward to the delivery days knowing that I have access to this sofware.

PROS

The ease of use, accessibility and the features that the software has to offer. We are able to easily copy previous routes, add/edit the drivers and quickly add new orders. This allows us to update the system in real-time allowing us to be very efficient. The delivery addresses are color coordinated by driver, so I can manually visualize the routes and make changes if and when necessary. I also love the ability to enter specific times that each delivery may take. This allows me to assign routes based on the required time for each driver. In the past, the routes were split up into addresses and equally assigned. However, some deliveries require additional time. This is an amazing piece of software that we are extremely happy to incorporate into our fundraiser drive.

CONS

I'm not sure that there is anything about the software that I dislike.

Reasons for switching to OptimoRoute

We outgrew Google Maps and could no longer spend countless hours mapping our routes manually with Google Maps. Although I am a big fan of Google, their software is not designed for our purpose.

Hi GC, Thanks for reviewing your organization's experience of using OptimoRoute. It's great to read that our route optimization software is making your fundraising efforts much easier and more efficient. We're always improving features and adding capabilities - so keep an eye out for more ways of making your valuable work even easier to perform! Best, Cathy

Hana

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2021

EASY TO USE, ACCURATE AND EFFECTIVE!

Distribution of corporate presents can be very challenging especially during Christmas/post-earthquake/COVID 19 times. In the year of 2020, we as a company have done it 2 times, so in order for me to best explain the efficiency of Optimoroute, I will just compare 2 exactly same processes with and without the use of Optimoroute. MARCH 2020 VS DECEMBER 2020 OPTIMOROUTE NO YES NUMBER OF PRESENTS 300 300 TEAM MEMBERS 7 1 NUMBER OF DRIVERS 3 3 DELIVERING DAYS 7 3 As you can see from the comparison above, not only have we saved the costs for drivers by decreasing the number of days needed for delivery, but also, having only one member of our team involved in the whole process, we have freed 7 working days of our 6 employees so that their time can be used in a more efficient manner. Optimoroute saved our money and time by simplifying and efficiently managing process that used to be time and energy consuming.

PROS

For the use of Optimoroute software no special technical knowledge is needed, other than the simplest knowledge of excel. The best thing is, after you import all the data, choose number of drivers and optimize the route, you are able to print routes for each driver, but even better, you can import the routes into their Google maps so the only thing left for them to do is drive!

CONS

I didn't find any downsides of OptimoRoute software.

Hi Hana, We appreciate the fact that you took the time to review OptimoRoute - thanks! It's awesome that you managed to save time and money with our route optimization software and that you found it easy to use! If you'll be in the need of any additional assistance in the future, you can always drop us a line at support@optimoroute.com - our team would be more than happy to help you out with anything you need. In the meantime, be sure to follow us on social media for updates about new features!

Replied February 2021

Philippe

Building Materials, 201-500 employees

Reviewed September 2019

It radically changed the way we plan our deliveries. Easier for everyone, fast to get information for all as to WHERE our tucks are.

PROS

Ease of use, very little training needed. One can be up and running in less then an hour. Nice to be able to track the trucks live and to see the history vs the planned schedule

CONS

Doesn't take into account the actual traffic. If you let the system plan your routes, the drivers will get mad. Can't link a document to the delivery lines so the drivers can't have the clients confirm the deliveries.

Ease of use and price

Hello Philippe, Thank you for leaving a review about the difference that OptimoRoute is making to your business, especially the live tracking capabilities. OptimoRoute does take into account road network information and this information is updated regularly. After surveying our users for accuracy of plans and routes, we found they are highly realistic in real-life conditions. Please contact us at support@optimoroute.com, as this might just be an issue of fine-tuning. Keep an eye out for even better delivery confirmation features - these improvements are in development and they'll be released soon.

Construction, 11-50 employees

ultimate route planner

PROS

Easy to manually route our workers daily route, we use this software to route our sign install crew to maintain damaged sigs in the council network.

CONS

If there is a duplicate location to have an option to highlight it in the list below the map.

Reason for choosing OptimoRoute

I used it at another work place and implemented it at the current work place and it suits our needs.

Very limited.

Thank you for your feedback, Paul! We're glad to hear that you were able to bring OptimoRoute into your latest company to help you manage your sign installation crew. We'd like to understand more about how you'd like to handle duplicates. While we do highlight duplicates on the map, we can help you find a few other ways to help manage this based on your specific use case. Please feel free to contact us at support@optimoroute.com and we'll be happy to help.

Jimmy