• Pros

• "There easy access to support. That I can call just about any time and some one will try to help me."

• "THE SOFTWARE IS VERY USER FRIENDLY AND THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS OUTSTANDING!"

• "The most I like about this product is within the name itself. It helps manage all types of fleets. Good for any business with deliveries to passengers and more."

• Cons

• "It's lack of ease when it comes to reporting and odd inter face between paperless shop and the main work order system."

• "It is complex software and the workflow is not always intuitive. If there was second shift tech support the vendor would be perfect."

• "When checking inventory part numbers, the process can be slow. It is important to keep your computer optimized to maintain data speeds."

Browse RTA Fleet Management Reviews

Ryan from Sioux Area Metro

We are very new to the system. The more we learn the more we enjoy it.

Monthly reporting since we use QuickBooks. Our accounting department relies on us to inform them what we used for parts and supplies. End of month reports break usage into easy to use formats, that help us report accurately.

Pros

Fleet preventative maintenance tracking along with templates. We haven't use part kits yet but hope to within this calendar year. Part inventory tracking. Preprogramed reports at end of periods, once we learned all the correct ways to post/ receive different parts. User Conference keep having them. This is where Belinda and I have grown to like the system. We have also learned that we only use about 15% of what RTA can do for us. We are learning and implementing new things all the time.

Cons

in paperless shop, if you click on finish job. It is done and gone. It would be nice if there was a pop up that asked are you sure you want to finish job. About once a day we have to reopen work order for our techs because the accidently pressed finish job instead of clock out for lunch, or incomplete, or end of shift. Using a laptop's built in mouse is part of the problem but if there was a pop up then that too would save extra steps. There was a lot more complaints before we went to two user's conferences. There we learned the correct ways to use the system.

Dennis from County of Kern

The best Company and customers service anywhere

Pros

Ease of use. Great reports, Company listens to customer needs. They work hard to update the system to each customer. They can host the software to where I don't have to worry about slow servers or working with an ITS department that is overloaded and doesn't understand the software.

Cons

None really, the only thing that comes to mind is the constant upgrades and changes make it hard to keep up with. We have been using the software for over 15 years. It is hard sometimes to change to something new when the old way worked so well.

September 2016

Sergey from Gulfstream Goodwill Industries

September 2016

Excellent software

Pros

I have been utilizing RTA Fleet Management software for about 6 months. When I was shopping for software I went thru 5 different offers and stopped on RTA. There are couple strong points: first of all pricing. With the same options, RTA costs almost twice less than the competitors. You can choose options that fits your needs and pay only for them a.k.a a la carte. I was positively surprised by the ease of interfaceyou can learn how to use software on intuitive level. Also, its not web-cloud based software, so you do not have to worry if someone hack into your database or you wont be able to track your fleet if internet goes down. Customer Service/Support is unbelievable. When you downloaded software and you have any questionsjust click the icon and share your screen instantly with their tech that will show you where to go and what you should do to perform the task. They "do not leave you alone": since you installed software you have unlimited training classes, they will stay with you on-line until all your questions are cleared.

Cons

RTA Fleet Management software satisfies all our needs, so I have nothing wrong to say about it. Only one thing I would like to be improved in a future: it takes about 6 weeks to download the fuel cards. I wish it would be faster.

Steve from Twin Transit

RTA for Bus fleets

I have only been using RTA for one year, there are a lot I like about RTA and of course I'm still learning the system and processes along with cleaning up a huge mess left behind by my predecessor where they had been using RTA since 2007. It's hard to list what I like about RTA because those areas work easy and I don't think about them, its the problem areas I find I remember of course. The main issues I have is I run a bus fleet and the main aspect of RTA is trucking so there are gaps in areas that just don't cover items that I have on the bus fleet and may items that deal with trucks and trucking that will never pertain to my fleet. I am constantly having to jump from screen to screens, looking for items and I have to close the area I was just in and when I come back to that area I have to start over from the beginning. I know some of this is me not knowing how to use what I have in RTA and some may not. I like RTA and hope the sometime in the near future with all your staffs help that I will have it all cleaned up and working the best it can be for my fleet.

Response from Ron Turley Associates

Replied February 2017

Steve, Thank you for your comments and inquiry. Check out this video outlining the multi-threading feature available within the RTA system. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o41DZKNWrLM&t=48s Should you have additional questions, feel free to reach out to our Technical Support staff. We stand by ready to assist and are here to help get the most out of the robust features contained within the RTA system.

October 2015

Mike from All Aboard America! Holdings, Inc.

October 2015

Robust fleet management from a great company to work with

Pros

Top notch support team! Lots of features to manage hours, inventory, and costs. There is always ongoing development, improving core functionality and producing add on modules. Now with Crystal Reports, custom reports are easier than ever. Has a User Manual that is actually worth reading!!!

Gardhy from City of Alachua

We've been using this for several years now to track maintenance of our vehicles.

Keeping track of maintenance records for all of our fleet vehicles.

Pros

Ease of use, and integration with our current fueling vendor. It does a great job of keeping track of all the information and the reporting is very good. IT management is very simple once it is installed, and the upgrades are straightforward as well.

Cons

UI could be modernized, but it is very functional overall. We wish it could be integrated into Active Directory for user management purposes, but otherwise it works fairly well since we don't have many users on it.

December 2015

Dwayne from Corrigan Oil Co

Industry: Package/Freight Delivery

December 2015

RTA Fleet Software

Pros

We have grown our fleet size and use of RTA in excess of 700 units. There have been no speed bumps with adding units. RTA helped us to set up the program initially and then made training available. Tech support has been very timely when needed. We have been a customer since 2005.

December 2012

David from Waste Connections

December 2012

RTA Reveiw

Overall I think it has been a good partnership. Again, we thought we would be alot further, plus we have alot of other ideas for 2013. Thank You

Pros

The RTA team has been very responsive when we have had a problem with the system to make sure we understand any enhancements or work with our IT team to get any problems straightened out

Cons

The new modules are taking longer than expected. Once the modules are completed or loaded, we should be shown how to use them instead of asking to be trained. Also some of the modules we have found there were some problems. Do not know if there is way to send the module to me to test before putting it into the program. I get emails from MM's who see the new module and start asking why it does not work or what needs to be done before I have seen or trained on the module

Response from Ron Turley Associates

Replied October 2013

The partnership has moved forward and the big projects have all been delivered. Many changes to the project while in development did require longer-than-normal turnaround. Training has been implemented as well so that users are trained immediately upon release of an enhancement or new feature.

LASHAE from Precious Cargo child Transport LLC

Fleet management

Pros

Cons

The least I like about this product is nothing. I like this product

Adam from Trans Power

Industry: Package/Freight Delivery

The overall experience so far has been excellent everyone is so knowledgeable and willing to help.

Pros

I like that the product can create any type of report I would like. Also, the product is extremely user-friendly.

Cons

The initial training program could have lasted longer, taking in all the information in 3 days is overwhelming.

January 2016

Phil from private

January 2016

As with many products, there's pros and cons. The pros with RTA largely outweigh the cons. They have great customer support. Their turnover rate is low so you end up talking to the same people, and when you call you get a friendly voice not an automated system. Its not a one size fits all solution, they will fit it to your business. They will customize if you want. It doesn't come with a huge price tag that says "no changes allowed". Their 7.0 product will help them be a lot more competitive with the big players, it puts them right up to the top. Between the price and what you get, I would use and suggest RTA time and time again. They continually update, improve and expand their product. They listen to your suggestions. There were many times we asked for something and they ending up delivering those "wish list" items. With any large software system, there are screens and fields that some business' dont end up using, such is with software. I use about 25% of all the functions of Microsoft Word. Their reporting was/is outdated, but they are aggressively making changes to it and improving it. I remember the reason our company went with RTA was the customer support, the willingness of the management to meet and talk with us, and their flexibility to our requests of expanding their product to fit our needs.

November 2014

Brian from City of Haltom City( Fleet Services)

RTA Fleet Maintenance usage

We have used RTA over 8 years now, It has been one of the easiest Fleet Maintenance Programs that I have Used. We have used 3 others before RTA, and they were just hard to operate in. The simplicity of RTA is beyond compare, I have been in the Fleet Bus, for 14+ years, and have used the Mgr. functions and also the Parts and Tech functions many times, and it has been a very useful tool, for our Government fleet. Customer service, is the best I have ever seen, I have not had any issue with them fixing any problem I have had, the call back time is always very short, and always gets me up and running quickly. I also enjoy the training from RTA, at their facility, and the expertise is extremely well done. So if you are looking to upgrade to another Fleet Program, I would advise to use RTA Fleet Program, and use their expertise, as they always treat everybody like family, and will do everything they can to bring it all together.

Tracey from City of Bullhead City

Very User friendly

Pros

I like the people in the office and Tech Support and the fact that it is so user friendly.

Cons

To many different ways to get reports and to input things.

Rod from Coconino County Public Works

November 2014

Number one in customer service

Customer service is RTA's number one asset in my opinion. They listen to their users and customers to determine what it is they need, and then they incorporate those ideas into the RTA Fleet Management software. We have been using the RTA Fleet Management software since 1991. We use the vehicle, parts, tires, purchase orders, and fuel module extensively and have dabbled with the motor pool and tool modules. We are on Paperless Shop and are also a "hosted" system. The software is very user friendly and customizable to fit our needs and there have been many success stories along the way about how the software has speeded up a process for us, provided reliable costs that were defendable, or kept the auditors at bay because the process was seamless. I would recommend RTA to anyone that is interested in an excellent fleet management software.

November 2014

steven from blue water area transit

great things

First I would like to say that 4 years ago I did not like the system and was looking at others system out there. I went to a conference but in San Diego and learned a lot. Since then I have been working with the system and with the Tech. had on site training and it is looking great. The support I get when calling in is second to none and I do really feel the tight family bond that if formed with RTA and the users. I was told this at the conference when I had met the crew but as the years went buy you do feel it. Just wanted to say thanks for that and keep up the great work. Would like to see in the all the fields when a note is put into the system that the notes pad would turn a different color this would make it a lot easier to spot. Thanks again

Michael from Yuma County Public Works

RTA Fleet Management

Cons; Would like to be able to pull up vehicle by vin. #, license plate or registration #. Would like to be able to toggle between screens without having to exit a particular section. Pros; Very easy to use once you have learn the basics. Customer service is fantastic, all of the techs are courteous and willing to help. Overall the program fits our needs perfectly.

Response from Ron Turley Associates

Replied November 2014

Thanks Michael! You should be able to look up your vehicles using those fields. If you don't mind, I'll have one of our customer service fanatics give you a call to see if there is something we are missing. And keep an eye out for 7.0 next year, when the ability to have multiple screens up at once comes to the system!

Rick from CCC Feeds

Migrations done right!

I have been involved in various IT projects for fifteen years and this was by far the best. The team was personable, prepared, and intelligent about the product. Our RTA install was upgraded to the current version and moved to the cloud version so quickly that our users did not miss two hours of system availability! Your people all understood the working of your program; from Sales to Service. Everyone gave us tips on how to get more out of the system. Follow up calls were made to make sure everything was working. Not a single complaint on our side and frankly RTA exceeded every expectation!

October 2014

Ron from Coborns Inc.

October 2014

HISTORY

RTA has been valuable to Coborns Inc allowing us to track history of all shop and eqquipment movement. With this tool we have been able to track and trace any decreptencies for our fleet as well as our Technicians. Keeping these items in check have saved us money as well as time in the tracking of all associated shop and equipment activities. RTA has also been very responsive to our company needs as well as effective and timely with problems that may arise. RTA customer support is second to none compared to the other company that we have support with. GO RTA!!!!

dan from kroger

Kroger Feedback on RTA

Our application runs on citrix with windows 2008R2 and sql server 2008. We manage separate garage and warehouse environments. Pro: The app provides all of the components we need related to maintenance and management of our fleet. The support we receive is excellent. Con: The database indexes are difficult to manage since the are flat files outside of the database server. The reporting could be more robust in terms of formats and output. The app environment itself could be more user friendly as it relates to navigation and quick-path options.

Mont from City of South Salt Lake

South Salt Lake and our partners at RTA

We have been using the software for about 10 years. I put a lot of study in selecting a fleet software system before we made our commitment to RTA and I'm really glad that I did. RTA has been a vital and comprehensive tool in managing our fleet of about 250. Customer service and RTA training has been the biggest part of our success. The staff at RTA makes a good product great! We plan to expand the use of RTA to include facilities, properties and other assets. I am very happy to endorse this great product and the support team behind it.

Tim from Town of Queen Creek

2.5

1.5

September 2015

Good system with some limitations and some odd quirks

Rodney from City Of Jackson, TN

Fleet Management Survey

I have used a number of Garage Operating Software systems and RTA is the best I have used. We interface our fueling system and this gives us mileages for scheduling pm's and accurate tracking of fuel consumption. Parts file is fantastic with many options on tracking parts usage, cost, cores, vendors. Support is the best I have ever experienced. Normally problems are resolved same day, great support staff. If I have special needs they are great at solutions. Highly recommend this system for Fleets.

Jon from WCSD

November 2014

Our experience as an end user

We started with RTA in 2004/2005. Coming from a basic fleet software program into a manageable program with endless possibilities to expand was very exciting for us. RTA has grown with our fleet and allowed numerous avenues to captures saving and defaults within our own processes not previously recognized. We continue to expand our fleet and RTA is able to offer technologies and opportunities that have made our fleet software provider choice a no brainier.

adugna from Federal Ministry for Economic

ease

make it easy and affordable

Pros

the feature and functionality included, the demo provided that's so cool it helps a lot to understand

Cons

it's the price I don' t think u guys will have lots of customers with this price make it less till u got enough customers

Angela from City of Texarkana, TX

GOOOOO RTA!!!!!

Pros

THE SOFTWARE IS VERY USER FRIENDLY AND THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS OUTSTANDING!

Cons

can't think of anything that I don't like about the product or the vendor.

Michael from Kroger Co

Request for Review of RTA

RTA is a good garage product. We need a product that works in both the garage and warehouse maintenance areas. The fact that we have been told that version 7.0 would be ready in a few months, for the last three years, doesn't put a good face on your company. I look forward to seeing this in the spring.

Response from Ron Turley Associates

Replied November 2014

Mike, as always, we appreciate your honesty. As you know, our 7.0 product has faced a lot of delays overwhelmingly due to us choosing to satisfy the demand for custom interfaces and projects. Thankfully many of these were able to be included in our general releases, but in March 2014 we made an unprecedented change in our focus in order to make 7.0 a priority this year. We look forward to shipping it to you this spring!

JONATHAN from COWLITZ COUNTY FLEET OPS

RTA

FANTASTIC CUSTOMER SUPPORT, EVERYONE IS EASY TO TALK TO AND VERY HELPFUL PROGRAM CAN BE A LITTLE DIFFICULT TO NAVIGATE AT TIMES. WISH THERE WAS A "BACK" BUTTON INSTEAD OF HAVING TO EXIT TO THE BEGINING AND START ALL OVER. THIS WOULD ESPECIALLY BE HELPFUL IN THE PARTS SCREEN.

Aleda from Duluth Transit Authority

Review of RTA

Do wish it was more mobile, more compatible with other applications to cross data streams, for example: payroll, mileage, etc. When numbers are transposed that it would automatically sync and flag, we have a lot of redundancy due to this?

ANGELA from CITY OF TEXARKANA, TEXAS

RTA FLEET MANAGEMENT REVIEW -- GO RTA

THE PROS CUSTOMER SERVICE IS THE BOMB! COULDN'T ASK FOR A BETTER GROUP OF PEOPLE. THE CONS HAVING TO WORK OUT THE BUGS WHEN UPDATES ARE INSTALLED. ONE OF THE BEST SOFTWARES AND VERY USER FRIENDLY.

John from City of Worcester DPW&P

Nice things John Rugg has to say about RTA

You folks are about the best vendor we deal with as far as a superior product, outstanding customer service and all around nice people. Keep up the great work

Tracey from City of Bullhead City

EXCELLENT

RTA is very user friendly. The reports can get a little confusing as there are so many ways to do things. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

November 2014

ARMANDO from TORNADO BUS CO.

exellent

It is very good because the sistem or the provider is always giving up dates. That way any changes occur get updaed soon.

Tim from Town of Queen Creek

November 2014

Not sure what you are looking for?

Reports are cumbersome, I have a hard time finding the reports I need and without Crystal, some don't seem to be available at all. The relation ship between Paperless shop and full RTA is difficult they don't always behave in the same way and interfere with one another. The fact that 2 or more Techs can't be on the same job without opening a second line is also awkward.

David from City of Maitland

great

Overall RTA is a great product with great tech support and training.

John from Reload Trans