All Bloomfire Reviews

Reviewed January 2022

Elise

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2020

Enables employees with a trove of knowledge

PROS

I love how Bloomfire empowers everyone in our company to contribute to our knowledge base and interact with each other's contributions. The community features - commenting, liking, thumbnails - are key to creating that community feel. And it makes such a difference day-to-day to have a single source of truth for our organization. Also, you can't beat Bloomfire staff. Everyone I've interacted with from customer success to product to engineering has been top notch. They are responsive to immediate support needs and they evolve the product based on customer feedback.

CONS

Some employees find the navigation and search to be challenging. There are some things we need to change about our own implementation to address these issues, and we look forward to future product updates as well.

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Reviewed January 2017

The way a knowledge base should be

As one of Bloomfire's early customers we saw a lot of potential with this platform. I was in charge of conducting a report comparing some of the available products to satisfy our need for a customer-facing knowledge base. It had to be relevant, easy to use, and fast. We had a lot of undocumented information that our customers needed with no way to provide it. Some of our most important criteria included having an API and SSO (we were going to have our users log in from our customer portal site), an easy editor, fast and powerful search, user management, reporting, and so on. Bloomfire came out on top. Fast forward a few months into using it and we were well on our way generating content, marketing the tool, and getting comfortable with the platform. I was probably the main contributor to a lot of the content, so the almost daily use of the tool caused me to find areas of improvement. I worked a bit with the Bloomfire development team with a list and I'm happy to say that today, nearly every one of my suggestions have been implemented in some way. This demonstrates the company's willingness and capabilities to adapt to their customer's needs. Their team has always been helpful and communicative and would love to see continual improvements in the future.

PROS

Clean, easy to user interface. Enough features to still be powerful and handle lots of information, posts, questions, and media.

CONS

At some point the cost model drastically changed from unlimited to number of users and for our company, the cost was prohibitive from expanding or growing. For other platforms that are not just a standalone knowledge base, but instead include one as a part of their services there is much more value for similar features.

Hi Paul, Thank you for taking the time to leave such a thoughtful review to your experience with Bloomfire. We are glad that you have enjoyed your overall experience with Bloomfire and would love to help your company continue your success with knowledge sharing and job efficiency. We take all feedback very seriously here at Bloomfire and take all things into consideration. Again, thank you for your feedback and hopefully we will talk with you soon!

Replied January 2017

Tyler

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Reviewed June 2019

Recent Updates Diminish Value of Product Usability

The initial experience was extremely positive, the recent updates significantly reduce the usefulness of the product specifically where tables and embedded documents are concerned.

PROS

We use the system as a knowledge base to inform our ongoing software implementations and keep our Support team up to speed on current functionality. I love that articles/posts are really easy to create and categorize. The search functionality works well which makes finding information very easy.

CONS

The product allows you to embed documents and create tables into posts. Unfortunately, a recent update to the user interface reduces the size of the article to about 1/3 the width of a monitor. As a result, tables and embedded documents are extremely difficult to read as the formatting is severely impacted. I am not sure how to post screenshots. I have escalated to our site administrator who was informed by Bloomfire support that there is no way to revert the settings. Given that we use the system as a knowledge base, we use tables extensively to summarize information for quick and simple digestion. We also regularly embed word documents, PDFs, and Excel files. The new layout/format makes those embedded documents unreadable without extensive zooming or direct downloading of the articles. Prior to this change, the product met our needs and was highly functional. That is no longer the case.

We're sorry to hear that the new format and layout changes have impacted your ability to read tables and embedded documents. Our Client Success team has reached out and would love to work with you to find a solution to this readability issue. We want Bloomfire to continue being as useful to your company as it was when you first started using it.

Replied June 2019

Chelle

Insurance, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Life Insurance Company Migration

Bloomfire has been extremely helpful from the beginning. They have helped us develop a much-needed tool to accommodate all of our daily activity, content management and training needs.

PROS

Product is very easy to navigate and use on a daily basis. I love the flexibility with it, as it allows us to accomplish what works best for our team. The staff at Bloomfire is fantastic and always willing to help.

CONS

Bloomfire met all of our expectations. There was nothing that occurred that caused us to have to change our original idea and concept we were wanting.

Reasons for switching to Bloomfire

The other company was sunsetting and we did not want to pay the amount required to go to the system that was provided by the new company that bought it. The feature of the new software did not meet our needs.

Sabrina

Financial Services, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Best knowledge sharing platform out there!

Amazing! Would highly recommend Bloomfire to anyone. Professional and knowledgeable with every team and support person we were in contact with. Seamless migration from legacy system.

PROS

Hands down, nothing compared to their powerful search engine, AI, and deep indexing capabilities.

CONS

Honestly, love the application that I cannot think of anything I dislike!

Nadine

Hospitality, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed August 2023

Knowledge Base Tool

PROS

What I like most about Bloomfire is the ease of customizing, modifying, and updating the knowledge management platform, which gives access to and the most up-to-date information to many employees on the property, especially remote workers.

CONS

If I had to list one thing, I least liked about Bloomfire, it would be the editing tool when updating contributions. It would be great if you could select multiple columns and rows and edit the font all at once. Also, to save customized hex color codes for text color and backgrounds.

Jodee

Insurance, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Looking for a knowledge management system? Be sure to check out Bloomfire!

PROS

Very intuitive and easy to use. Searchability was key for our company and it certainly delivers on that! Our customer success manager goes out of her way to ensure her clients have the information and tools they need to ensure a positive experience, from implementation to deploying and leveraging new features.

CONS

The content update process seemed a little cumbersome at first but I think that has improved over time. In general, there's nothing about the platform that I don't like.

Reason for choosing Bloomfire

Ease of use and search engine

Marysol

Hospitality, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed October 2023

Great ease in accessing important work media

Overall, when I can’t find someone to answer a question for me, I can refer to Bloomfire.

PROS

I love that articles relating to policy changes and event announcements are easily accessible and available through one platform. Many questions my colleagues have can be answered by referring to Bloomfire app.

CONS

I would like the articles to be in sections, i.e., events, policy, etc.

Nandhini

Hospital & Health Care, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed August 2023

Senior Associate

Good

PROS

Search functionality , Front page customisation

CONS

It would be better if we have bulk upload functionality for doc upload and access

Reviewed February 2019

Using Bloomfire as To Access Central Resources and Answers

PROS

SImple navigation and UI Clean design and organization of content Good responsiveness Nice app interface and functionality

CONS

Lacks a simple ability to DM account users Filtering is not elegant and seems to stick at times requiring repeated clearing Inconsistent ability to download on the app

Jessica

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Frustratingly difficult

Frustrating

PROS

I like the idea of series, but the search is so terrible you can't find the series you need.

CONS

It's impossible to find the article you're looking for. Unless you know the exact full title, you'll never find what you're looking for with keywords.

Hi Jessica, we're sorry to hear about your experience. Our search algorithm factors in more than just the title, such as: search term frequency, contribution type, popularity, search term location, and much more. You can also boost content in your search results by using your category structure or by adding tags. We also provide the ability to highlight community content as "current", so you know if information is still relevant. We'd be happy to work with you to improve your experience with Bloomfire. You can also contact us at Bloomfire Support.

Replied July 2020

Michele

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Knowledge in one place

The customer service is the best I've ever had from any company.

PROS

All of our collateral is on one place and searchable. As an admin, I can curate and monitor age of items as well so our knowledge warehouse doesn't become a dumping ground.

CONS

There are some clunky HTML tools you have to use if you start to dig into all the features. They do allow you to customize to your company fonts and styles but they have other formatting such as page spacing locked down.

Reasons for switching to Bloomfire

Search feature

Luis

Outsourcing/Offshoring, 201-500 employees

Double thumbs up!

My company uses this software across all of our key clients and we have seen excellent results. Being in a virtual environment, we strive to provide a great sense of community to the businesses that need help in understanding policies or procedures or those that need extra guidance on specific topics. We are able to create this environment using Bloomfire, thanks to the great features & functionality. We upload videos, have different series that can be quickly accessed by looking for certain tag lines and are able to use the space to recognize individuals who are excelling in their client project! We love this product and our clients do too.

PROS

The functionality and how easy it is to use on a daily basis. We are able to customize the product to fit each client's need so it can be as robust or minimalist as we need to fit their needs.

CONS

When in the administrator mode, we sometimes have trouble when doing multiple uploads and/or edits of contents. Site may freeze and causes re-work.

Ralph

Machinery, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2017

We love Bloomfire from a development perspective.

We support our entire sales staff using Bloomfire with up to date product materials, case studies and great colaboration with our people in the field. We use bloomfire's api to dole out our manuals, technical data, images and more to our iOS and Adroid apps as well as all of our web sites. We put a document in one place (Bloomfire) and then serve it out to all others making BF our system of record!

PROS

Its ease of use for posting and sharing content. Its searchablility of content and the clean way it delivers the results.

CONS

The cost. It is very hard to justify to upper management that does not see the value based on the same values the dev team does. We constantly have to push back against management who wants to move towards a cheaper knowledge base system.

david

Design, 51-200 employees

Reviewed June 2023

Bloomfire is amazing

Once I became comfortable with it and made it a part of my daily activities it has increased communications ten fold.

PROS

How quick and easy it is to use. As soon as an idea comes across it can put through bloomfire and implemented across all branches within a moment. In addition you can easily track who has or has not reviewed it

CONS

To be honest I dont have anything to say in this category

Stephanie

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2017

The best software I've ever used for my position.

I know I don't use Bloomfire anywhere near to its full potential, but it is still the best software tool I have found to help me in helping me manage corporate, product, and technical information for my company. I am a proposal director and use Bloomfire as a database to store all of our RFP questions and responses - along with important attachments and informational documents. The search features make it easy for me to find the exact information I need when pursuing a new client opportunity. It also allows my company's subject matter experts to review and update the posts as the product evolves.

PROS

The search feature - that may seem simple but it helps me find exactly what I need and saves a lot of time when I am working on a tight deadline. I also like that I can invite other authors to review and edit the questions - definitely streamlines business processes.

CONS

There isn't anything I dislike per say; I would like to be able to download selected posts into a spreadsheet, however.

Glynnis

Professional Training & Coaching, 51-200 employees

Reviewed May 2018

Bloomfire saves my life everyday. It is such a good platform to share knowledge and connect people!

This software makes it so easy to find content and more importantly, to direct clients to the content they need. It is also nice to have all collateral exist in one location. I feel like this platform is allowing us to break down the information silos that exist in our company. I highly recommend this product.

PROS

The search feature is really powerful, and continues to get smarter with use. I also really like the categorization feature, it makes finding what you are looking for very easy.

CONS

There is no foreseeable way to download content onto an iPad Pro. Several of our clients are now using the iPad Pro and are struggling to use Bloomfire on their devices.

Josh

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Serves our needs

We have been using bloomfire for a few years now and find it a great tool to have moderated communication within our client network. Customer support is always eager to help us out and after a few sessions we end up dialing in anything we needed done. There is a lot of power behind this platform and I would recommend seeing if it fits your business style.

PROS

It allows our clients to collaborate with one another as well as our staff.

CONS

The technology feels a little lacking in how it was executed but not enough so to not want to use the service.

Josh, we appreciate your business over the years. We enjoy working with everyone over at SMS Masterminds and appreciate you taking the time to write this review.

Replied January 2017