What are BOSSDesk users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using BOSSDesk software through verified user reviews

• icon"We also can have a piece of IT equipment email a ticket into Boss when there is an outage. There are a lot of little integrations like these two examples that extend the usefulness of the application."
  • icon"Very good features out of the box for the price."
  • icon"The UI is better than some of the other ticketing systems I've used."
  • icon"All Current system cons (current system on its way out in months though): the need to know SQL; system lags."
  • icon"You're limited to just the options they give you. Since it's web based they can't really customize anything directly for you because it will impact all of their customers."
  • icon"It is fairly difficult to use the wizard to create reports."

Browse all BOSSDesk Reviews

• Have you used BOSSDesk and would like to share your experience with others?

William

Industry: Utilities

BOSS Support Central - A Remote Support Must Have!

We have been with BOSS for over 5 years, and they provide exceptional customer service. Anytime that we have identified an issue, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been available to troubleshoot and report bugs to have it fixed in their next software release. They appreciate feedback and work to keep their product up to date.

Pros

The ability to login to Support Central from anywhere at anytime and process tickets is something that we cannot live without in the new COVID19 world. We have not missed a beat, and our end users are receiving the support that they want and expect in a timely, professional manner because of it. The Dashboard area allows for the creation of widgets to monitor ticket assignments, counts and more on the fly. We utilize routing, templates and automatic responses to make sure support issues are addressed as quick as possible.

Cons

We are very pleased with the product. The only recommendation that I have is for them to invest in a training and tutorial area for technicians to easily reference to learn of new features or to learn about how to get the most out of the product.

Reasons for switching to BOSSDesk

Outdated software, and BOSS offered a more robust product.

Gary

Awesome product and support team for automating and streamlining your service desk.

We migrated from a legacy on-prem solution to a BoSS on-prem solution which we easily migrated to the BoSS SaaS solution. All of our information was easily migrated forward as we needed to make organizational changes. The BoSS solution suite is capable, flexible, adaptable, and easy to use, which has resulted in significant process improvements for our organization.

Pros

The integration and automation of service requests, and the ability to create a service request from multiple avenues. Being a SaaS solution enables access to tickets and inventory from any location and from any device. We are able to update our field techs with ticket assignments or ticket updates while they are in the field, and the techs are able to update the service ticket from the field with the latest information. This makes reporting close to real-time.

Cons

There's nothing that I can point to that I would regards as liking least about the solution, other than the solution won't actually perform the physical work itself :-)

Reasons for choosing BOSSDesk

Better value and the BEST support team!!! I can't say enough good things about the Support team and how they continually strive to meet our organization's requirements.

Reasons for switching to BOSSDesk

We needed a more robust solution that would operate as a SaaS solution to meet our organizational goal of any time, any device, any location access.

Joshua

Beta Ticketing System

Support is sub par. I've worked with one of their high tier support agents to fix an issue with site agent. They ended up suggesting we upgrade the site agent to 2.0. I asked specifically if we need to back up any configurations before we do that and was told no that it should carry over. After the upgrade, none of the syncing configurations carried over. The support engineer had no way to recover this either. Also there is no documentation on the 2.0 agent in their own knowledgebase. I asked for the possibility of making CI's a required field and was just asked "Why? What if there wasn't a CI." I told them I have an n/a option as a CI item and want my techs to have to fill that in. This went no where.

Pros

The asset management portion is the best part of this ticketing system. The integration with AD and use of the Remote Agent make it easy to maintain inventory. The UI is better than some of the other ticketing systems I've used.

Cons

This ticketing system seems like it's still beta software. Many features available in other standard ticketing systems are not available in this. Only recently have they added time sheets, routing rules, and triggers. The reporting is poor as well with little options for custom reports.

Reasons for choosing BOSSDesk

I did not get to choose this.

Response from BOSS Solutions

Customer satisfaction is our priority and ensuring every customer is happy with our solution is of utmost importance to us. We thank the reviewer for posting his comments and have since discussed the issues in detail with the customer and come up with an action plan to resolve the issues raised. We should note that the features mentioned by the reviewer who is relatively a new user have been available in our solution for several years and our solutions have been performing as expected for our customers. Our solution has advanced capabilities to match most of the competing systems in this market space. We pride ourselves on providing excellent customer support and will work with the reviewer to take corrective action to address any outstanding support issues. We are committed to ensuring that our solutions bring value to our customers and every single user is satisfied.

Replied June 2021

Ronald

Excellent platform for Service Desk

We use BOSS service desk to manage the service desk requests, 811 (Call before you DIG) requests, inventory management and reporting of all these key metrics.

Pros

Our agency likes the flexibility within the platform. We use it to collaborate with our internal users as well as some of our external vendors. The platform allows our employees to keep all service tickets in one solution.

Cons

At this time we do not have any issues with the platform.

Reasons for choosing BOSSDesk

The price of BOSS was very modest compared with the alternatives and the flexibility of the BOSS product was outstanding.

Debbi

Latest Version Soars!

BOSS is essential to helping our department work with customers and keep track of inventory and issues. With the latest update, a necessary but not efficient experience has become very speedy and we can flip through tickets and searches with ease

Pros

Helpdesk ticket management allows us to assign and track individual and project tickets with ease Asset management and inventory help us to easily keep track of our inventory for ticket and audit purposes The latest version speeds the whole thing up so much more

Cons

Older version was slow and flipping between pages took a long time

Maria

BOSSDesk Review

We have had nothing but a very good experience with BOSSDesk. Easy to navigate, easy to manage, and if need help from BOSS they have a very fast responsive team who are very friendly and knowledgeable.

Pros

BOSSDESK is easy to utilize not just for administrators for our end users as well. It also provides reports to identify areas of improvement throughout our company.

Cons

Providing more reports automatically after we set them up would be a time saver but depends on the product your company has. We are in the process of updating.

December 2021

BOSSDesk use

It allowed us to quickly see what items were outstanding and escalate if needed. also the asset inventory was very useful for the small amount of items we had.

Pros

I like the way it categorized assets and allowed me to quickly create a template to use for ticket entry.

Cons

It fit all of the needs that we needed for the purpose it was purchased.

Brad

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Great ticket management tool!

Overall, BOSS is an important tool in my day to day business. Not only is it how we manage our help desk for tickets/requests, but has been extremely helpful managing assets.

Pros

Excellent tool for managing help desk tickets and assets.

Cons

Navigation around the product can be slow.

Randy

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

BOSSDesk is an intuitive and reliable Help Desk Ticketing tool.

Pros

Some of the most impactful features are the Incident Management tools and Email Settings.

Cons

My team is very happy and pleased with this software! We have no complaints. It's very useful as it helps us provide instant support to our users.

John J

BOSSDesk meets our Needs

Great, love the product.

Pros

BOSS is a great helpdesk ticketing system. Managing assets and tracking inventory is easy to use.

Cons

Navigating the menus can be confusing at times. Looking up closed ticket information can be hard to find.

Ben

Always can find new ways to leverage BossDesk to do more.

BossDesk is providing us with a solid ticketing system. The additional features like being able to turn emails into tickets makes this product very useful.

Pros

The software is easy to use and allows you to create customizable service requests, which has proven to be VERY helpful. There are a lot of features associated with BossDesk that allow you to feed into the application with email or Google, and this has proven to be a game changer for us. We can create a "comment" in a Google doc and use the Boss postbox feature to create a ticket off of this comment. We also can have a piece of IT equipment email a ticket into Boss when there is an outage. There are a lot of little integrations like these two examples that extend the usefulness of the application.

Cons

BossDesk has a dashboard with widgets that display ticket counts and allows you to open a view of those tickets - I wish it could use "custom" fields from the service requests to create dashboard items. Also, management would like to see more reporting features. All in all, still not too much downside to BossDesk.

Ryan

No programming knowledge No problem

My overall experience has been really good. I've always gotten the support I need when I've needed it in a very timely fashion.

Pros

Ease of deployment, ease of building out forms, setting up teams, custom routing etc. I like that most things are very easy to customize.

Cons

With the ease of use comes some restrictions. You're limited to just the options they give you. Since it's web based they can't really customize anything directly for you because it will impact all of their customers. I think reporting and some notification options could be improved as well.

Reasons for choosing BOSSDesk

Cost and ease of deployment.

Reasons for switching to BOSSDesk

Was going to expire, was an onsite appliance to manage, very hard to configure and maintain.

Kurt

Best Help Desk software we've ever used

Overall experience has been very good. We've been able to customize and implement custom ticketing queues in several different areas of our organization, including Fleet Services, Building Maintenance, and Communications with more to come. A very positive experience.

Pros

The installation experience was easy, set up was intuitive, and they continue to make improvements with every iteration.

Cons

Reporting is a bit more limited than I'd like, but their support has been fantastic in assisting with generating custom one-off reports to fit our needs.

Katherine

Industry: Machinery

Very User and Agent Friendly Application

I solve computer issues remotely with Boss Desk as well as track the work we're doing in the office via walkups. With the use that we need I feel it does an excellent job at fulfilling it. I really enjoy many aspectsa of BossDesk that makes my work run smoothly! We rely heavily on this application and I couldn't see it any other way.

Pros

I enjoy the user interface and find it very easy to use on both the agent view and requester view. In my job I'm not only responding and dealing with tickets but putting in tickets for other issues and experience little to no issues! Very easy to see where I need to do.

Cons

There's only one thing I truly have to complain about and it's the weird refresh error I get. If I have bossdesk open for maybe an hour or so with no activity the moment I go to use it it'll freeze, refresh, and then give me an error screen. Then I just follow my bookmarked link and it all works again. I've become pretty used to it so it hasn't been too much of a pain if I'm honest!

Reasons for switching to BOSSDesk

We didn't enjoy how old the previous software was and it didn't seem to fit what we needed at the time.

Adam

Industry: Medical Devices

Great Solution for your business!

Pros

Was extremely easy to implement and set up. Training and the migration process was simple and took no time to adapt. Boss support responds very fast and handles your problem(s) professionally and quickly. From an administrative standpoint, ticket tracking and handling cannot get any easier.

Cons

Would like the ability for the end user to have the option to close out the ticket themselves once the problem is solved/fixed.

Ronald

BOSS Ticketing System and more...

Really fantastic product that makes ticket and asset management a breeze. Great support. Never have to wait for a response to a question.

Pros

It never stop surprising us with what it can do.

Cons

Missing a few things we had in 3.9. Used to be able to itemize purchases in tickets.

Nathaniel

Support Needs

Pros

This application is very intuitive and very customizable.

Cons

The Role options, but those are currently being worked on to increase the flexibility in that feature.

Cost and operability.

Yadira

Great ticketimg system and easy freindly!!

We are upgrading our system to v4.0 web based an is awesome, I like it because is more easy friendly and better to manage. I had less trouble implementing some settings and creating the service catalogs. I think that this is great ticketing system. I never have issues with support, they always help me, especially [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], he is very knowledgeable and vey kind. Kudos for [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]!

Pros

That now they have the web based version, which we are in the process of upgrading. Also, the service catalogs, routing rules, reports, and the way to mage all the settings, is way easier than before.

Cons

I didn't like the reporting system. I had to contact support, if I wouldn't be able to create my SQL queries.

Great Customer Service

Overall I have been very satisfied with BOSS and would recommend it to other small to mid sized companies.

Pros

BOSS has great customer service. Every time I have had an issue they resolve it quickly. Our account engineer also stays on top of informing us of updates and helps us implement them in very helpful and prompt ways.

Cons

Their latest product has a few issues to still work through. AD integrated login wasn't included in the first several releases and that prevented us from updating. Although AD integrated login is now a part of the product, the lack of that feature made it feel like they pushed this version before it was really ready.

Claude

3+ Years and Counting Satisfied BOSS Customers

Pros

In addition to being straightforward to use for both my staff and our users, The graphical interface is very intuitive and provides many features/functions to our organization. Probably most helpful is the ability to create and track service tickets all from emails. For those users who are a bit more saavy the web interface is great and provides a more robust experience. Lastly, customer support is great!

Cons

Not too much in the complaint department. The software performs as you would expect and even has some additional bells and whistles that enhance the experience.

Russ

BOSS is on point

Working with BOSS is great. The product is solid and support is fantastic. I appreciate how responsive they are to customer suggestions and that they engage with us personally to make sure we understand new features and functionality as it is added.

Pros

The software does exactly what we need. Great ticketing system, combined with very good inventory control tools. Very robust reporting. My favorite aspect of working with BOSS is the fact that they remain flexible in adding features and functionality based in customer feedback and do so relatively quickly.

Cons

Have no concerns - it meets our needs perfectly.

Rick

BOSS Solutions has been our partner for 10 years

We have been partnering with BOSS Solutions since 2007 when they introduced DiagWin. It's been one of the most successful decisions we've made. Our positive experiences have encouraged us to extend this application into other county departments, and we've never regretted that decision. BOSS Solutions has offered their knowledge and experience to discuss options and to guide us on how to use their applications most effectively.

Pros

Superior customer service along with a solid, well-supported application

Cons

They need to improve their communication of new features and functions.

Jeff

BOSS Support Central

We began evaluating service desk solutions early in 2015. We reviewed options that were both on-premise and cloud-based, systems designed for large organizations and small ones, web-based vs. Windows, different levels of automation and reporting, and much more. In the end, BOSS Solutions was the clear winner for us. As we progressed with our testing, their development team worked very closely with our staff to further customize the product for us and our unique needs. Everyone was all great to work with and very accommodating to our requests. We have an excellent product at a very competitive price. We have been using Support Central for almost 1 year and are very pleased. I can highly recommend them as a top-notch service desk solution provider.

Pros

Very flexible. Easy to use interface. Scalable. BOSS worked with us to customize it for our needs.

Cons

We had to create a few reports on our own, but that will be true with any system.

Joedy

One of the Best Helpdesk and asset management software packages I've used

We have been a Boss customer for about a year and a half now. The software works as advertised and the Support for the product is phenomenal. No matter what we want or need changed or ask, it is promptly taken care of and handled with professionalism. I cant say enough about customer support as they are always responsive and open to new ideas and concepts on improving the product not just for us but all their customers. Our ideas and needs are always considered seriously and we have seen the product evolve and change to meet whatever needs we may have as well as anticipate future needs.

Pros

Ease of use and customization

Cons

Reporting is a little less than inspiring but has definitely improved and the new version coming looks much better in this regard

Allan

Awesome product and support staff.

We use this awesome product to manage our IT support processes to support all our employee needs.

Pros

BOSS is comprehensive and suits our environment. We like it so much I wish our organization could use some of the features to replace functions but we are prohibited and must use our in house products. Support staff and development teams are very interactive and eager to and constantly improving the product.

Cons

Nothing. I'm all in on this one. It is so diverse I don't think we will every utilize it all but who knows.

BOSSDesk