• Pros

• "It is easy to use and it gives me more reports that I can create. "

• "The application is super easy to use, easy to customize and they are always available to assist with any issues."

• "I like the interaction you get with the software, the fact that you can customized the icons, and also the support you receive"

• Cons

• "Reporting is a little less than inspiring but has definitely improved and the new version coming looks much better in this regard"

• "Integration and work flow set up during the initial stages can be complicated. customization can also be tricky though they have an efficient support team."

• "The Reporting tools and Survey capture/reporting could be better. "

Browse BOSS Solutions Reviews

William "Nick" from Greenville Utilities

NEW Support Central - Online Dashboard is a Game Changer

I am very pleased with the ticketing system, asset management, and ease of use. There is a hurdle to cross with getting reports needed, but the support team at BOSS has been outstanding with assisting our end users with getting reports written as they have been requested. I recommend this product, and am thankful that Kris and Ganesh have been able to make our upgrade as smooth as possible.

Pros

The online dashboard is a huge change from the client that we had previously for Support Central. The ability to access via a web browser or via an iOS App has made remote support a reality instead of an obstacle requiring VPN connections. The Asset management feature is a perfect tool for managing system information, especially if you are a Dell shop because of the API connectors that are available to view warranty information. The ticket management system works as it should... it logs tickets and all information associated with the ticket movement.

Cons

It felt like our organization was one of the first one's migrated to the new system, even though it had been available for quit some time. Requests that we would make, seemed like a logical request for anyone that had been using the product, so it was frustrating to our techs when we first implemented the new product. With tweaking and new releases of the Support Central product, we feel much more stable and confident in the path the product has taken us down. The biggest complaint that I hear is the lack of a knowledge base for tips and use of the application from a "Help" section within the product. It would be nice to have some documentation on what the product can do, what the different areas are for, and more screenshots with step by step instructions for our technicians. There should be monthly updates that are written that technicians could subscribe to receive tips and be in the "know" on what is coming in the future.

Ben from Lexington County School District One

Always can find new ways to leverage BossDesk to do more.

BossDesk is providing us with a solid ticketing system. The additional features like being able to turn emails into tickets makes this product very useful.

Pros

The software is easy to use and allows you to create customizable service requests, which has proven to be VERY helpful. There are a lot of features associated with BossDesk that allow you to feed into the application with email or Google, and this has proven to be a game changer for us. We can create a "comment" in a Google doc and use the Boss postbox feature to create a ticket off of this comment. We also can have a piece of IT equipment email a ticket into Boss when there is an outage. There are a lot of little integrations like these two examples that extend the usefulness of the application.

Cons

BossDesk has a dashboard with widgets that display ticket counts and allows you to open a view of those tickets - I wish it could use "custom" fields from the service requests to create dashboard items. Also, management would like to see more reporting features. All in all, still not too much downside to BossDesk.

Ronald from City of Marietta, GA

Excellent platform for Service Desk

We use BOSS service desk to manage the service desk requests, 811 (Call before you DIG) requests, inventory management and reporting of all these key metrics.

Pros

Our agency likes the flexibility within the platform. We use it to collaborate with our internal users as well as some of our external vendors. The platform allows our employees to keep all service tickets in one solution.

Cons

At this time we do not have any issues with the platform.

Reasons for Choosing BOSS Solutions

The price of BOSS was very modest compared with the alternatives and the flexibility of the BOSS product was outstanding.

Ginger from Jones County Board of Edu

Technology Specialist

It's a great product for inventory and work orders. I'm not really impressed about the reports or how the work orders print. I really like how it works with AD to pull in MS equipment.

Adam from Origen Biomedical

Industry: Medical Devices

Great Solution for your business!

Pros

Was extremely easy to implement and set up. Training and the migration process was simple and took no time to adapt. Boss support responds very fast and handles your problem(s) professionally and quickly. From an administrative standpoint, ticket tracking and handling cannot get any easier.

Cons

Would like the ability for the end user to have the option to close out the ticket themselves once the problem is solved/fixed.

david from guc

Flexibility and sleek desing

Pros

The dashboard that gives me specific information related to only me is a great tool. I normally have my screen on the dashboard. The easiness and quickness to generate a ticket or check an asset is also hard to beat. Being able to create templates for certain tasks so that it auto-fills the bulk of the information is a great time saver.

Cons

The reporting feature is not the best in class and needs alot of work. It could be our side, but it often is very slow when running from the web portal as well. I think I still like the thick client better and did not really have slowness issues.

bryan from bgi, llc

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Long time BOSS user

I have been a BOSS user since the only product was DAIGwin. I have used the BOSS software at several locations and on several jobs. Each time I can honestly say that when an idea was presented from the user community, BOSS listened ad tried to implement the changes necessary to keep their software evolving.

Pros

We implemented the helpdesk software several years ago. it has always been user friendly and the changes that have been made along the way have helped our organization.

Cons

I am not sure that I have anything that I like least.

Claude from City Of North Miami

Boss HelpDesk Solutions

Pros

BossDesk makes it easy to track and categorize service requests to the helpdesk. I can easily create reports showing open and closed requests and what is pending or hasn't been followed up on. Also the service portal is a welcome addition to making entering requests more simplified for our users.

Cons

The AD Integration is the only component of the software that I would say gives us issues on occasion.

Joedy from Augusta Richmond County

Support Central Is the Bomb!!

We use the software for our helpdesk and asset management solution. Both features are robust and easily customizable. The Dell integration for warranty information on assets is awesome. Looking forward to HP integration as well.

Pros

The customization and support has really improved since the previous version. The service desk makes ticket creation a breeze and saves huge amounts of time

Cons

Nothing there isnt anything i can think of that hasnt been addressed

Deanna from Cobb County Government

Great product for IT!

BOSS has been a great product within our county, allowing IT to better streamline support needs. BOSS support has also been great to work with and help us get to where we are going!

Pros

Love the ability to create electronic forms that automatically generate Support tickets based on different fields on the form. Really a time saver for IT staff!

Cons

The Reporting tools and Survey capture/reporting could be better.

John from Southern States LLC

Great Customer Service

Overall I have been very satisfied with BOSS and would recommend it to other small to mid sized companies.

Pros

BOSS has great customer service. Every time I have had an issue they resolve it quickly. Our account engineer also stays on top of informing us of updates and helps us implement them in very helpful and prompt ways.

Cons

Their latest product has a few issues to still work through. AD integrated login wasn't included in the first several releases and that prevented us from updating. Although AD integrated login is now a part of the product, the lack of that feature made it feel like they pushed this version before it was really ready.

Russ from Douglas County Georgia BOC

BOSS is on point

Working with BOSS is great. The product is solid and support is fantastic. I appreciate how responsive they are to customer suggestions and that they engage with us personally to make sure we understand new features and functionality as it is added.

Pros

The software does exactly what we need. Great ticketing system, combined with very good inventory control tools. Very robust reporting. My favorite aspect of working with BOSS is the fact that they remain flexible in adding features and functionality based in customer feedback and do so relatively quickly.

Cons

Have no concerns - it meets our needs perfectly.

Rick from Forsyth County Government

BOSS Solutions has been our partner for 10 years

We have been partnering with BOSS Solutions since 2007 when they introduced DiagWin. It's been one of the most successful decisions we've made. Our positive experiences have encouraged us to extend this application into other county departments, and we've never regretted that decision. BOSS Solutions has offered their knowledge and experience to discuss options and to guide us on how to use their applications most effectively.

Pros

Superior customer service along with a solid, well-supported application

Cons

They need to improve their communication of new features and functions.

Jeff from Gaston County, NC

BOSS Support Central

We began evaluating service desk solutions early in 2015. We reviewed options that were both on-premise and cloud-based, systems designed for large organizations and small ones, web-based vs. Windows, different levels of automation and reporting, and much more. In the end, BOSS Solutions was the clear winner for us. As we progressed with our testing, their development team worked very closely with our staff to further customize the product for us and our unique needs. Everyone was all great to work with and very accommodating to our requests. We have an excellent product at a very competitive price. We have been using Support Central for almost 1 year and are very pleased. I can highly recommend them as a top-notch service desk solution provider.

Pros

Very flexible. Easy to use interface. Scalable. BOSS worked with us to customize it for our needs.

Cons

We had to create a few reports on our own, but that will be true with any system.

One of the Best Helpdesk and asset management software packages I've used

We have been a Boss customer for about a year and a half now. The software works as advertised and the Support for the product is phenomenal. No matter what we want or need changed or ask, it is promptly taken care of and handled with professionalism. I cant say enough about customer support as they are always responsive and open to new ideas and concepts on improving the product not just for us but all their customers. Our ideas and needs are always considered seriously and we have seen the product evolve and change to meet whatever needs we may have as well as anticipate future needs.

Pros

Ease of use and customization

Allan from UGA

Awesome product and support staff.

We use this awesome product to manage our IT support processes to support all our employee needs.

Pros

BOSS is comprehensive and suits our environment. We like it so much I wish our organization could use some of the features to replace functions but we are prohibited and must use our in house products. Support staff and development teams are very interactive and eager to and constantly improving the product.

Cons

Nothing. I'm all in on this one. It is so diverse I don't think we will every utilize it all but who knows.

Kim from City of Odessa Information Technology

My most useful tools providing service to my customers. Support Central, Web and Mobile Helpdesk.

Implements our service response and keeps history.

Pros

Quickly write a ticket and assign it. Distributes with ease on 3 platforms. Support is very responsive and they've always helped me. Looking forward to the new web version. I hope to set it up with an ITIL theme. Very reasonably priced. Lots of webinars.

Cons

Someone in my organization designed the hierarchy before I got here and I would have done it differently. Will correct it when mapping to the new version. Had to learn SQL to get the kind of reports that I wanted.

Helpdesk and Asset Management

Great product, helpful company, good demos.

Pros

I feel confident that this software is going to be an excellent go-to for all our asset management needs, as it now is for our Helpdesk needs

Cons

We're having to remove its link from Active Directory because it isn't effectively pulling all our asset information the way it should so we will have to do this manually - but then again, there are other things we want on there that aren't in AD so we would have to do it anyway

Debbi from Village of Mount Prospect, IL

Good System for Inventory and Incidents

Inventory of our entire network - provides more options than we typically need but we can grow into it; helpdesk ticketing system

Pros

The ability to sync users and assets with Active Directory, reducing data entry -- the new upgrade looks as though it will take away my #1 current con which is having to be SQL capable in order to get out of much of what I need. I have high hopes

Cons

All Current system cons (current system on its way out in months though): the need to know SQL; system lags

Kathy from ARC Local Government

Great!!!

Inventory Management

Pros

The software is customer and user friendly and love the fact that custom fields can be added. I would recommend BOSS software to any business or local government that need to gain control of managing tickets and managing their inventory.

Cons

Routing rules for groups and teams take time to learn. The need to fully understand BOSS and how to utilize the software for reports etc. need to be more hands on.

Mario from The Save Mart Companies

Industry: Supermarkets

BOSS Solutions Review

The BOSS Support Central Solution is great for supporting our 225 plus grocery stores, 2 distribution centers, 3 corporate offices, and multiple satellite offices. We work in an ever changing world so having the great customer support from BOSS make it easier for my team to support our customers.

Pros

Simple integration and get data/reports from.

Cons

Would like to get more date from the notes in reports, meaning the ability to pull time from an individual agent in multiple tickets though out a day/week.

Junior from City Miami Gardens

Industry: Government Relations

Products Capabilities

Make it easy for users to report their issues and no excuses from Helpdesk Support team because ticket can update anytime, anywhere .

Pros

There are few features that I like, taking the possibility where I can customize most of the input in Service Catalogue by adding or removing and also the assets management tool which is very helpful for pulling reports.

Cons

Not keeping customer update up coming features.

Gus from BRK

BOSS has been a great addition to our Help-Desk team, we love this application.

Keeping track and record of all my help-desk tickets, it helps the team go back and search the database for resolved issues, the team works fater and better organized.

Pros

Cons

The reporting needs improvement, it can be a little confusing creating your reports, a better mobile app would be a plus and also workflow approval process.

Ron from Aiken

BOSS 4.0

If you need a ticketing system, do yourself a favor and try BOSS.

Pros

BOSS 4.0 is easy to manage on the front end and behind the curtains. As the point of contact for my IT department, I have never had any issues with getting support when needed. Not only do they assist you quickly, they listen to your feedback and add it in later versions.

Cons

Not much to dislike. It works as intended.

Scott from Jones County Board of Education

Great ticketing and asset management solution

BOSS allows us to keep accurate inventory of our technology infrastructure. The ticketing/help desk functionality and reporting allows us to ensure that our end users issues are addressed appropriately and in a timely manner. You would be hard pressed to find a solution that offers everything that BOSS does at a price point that fits the budget.

Pros

Helpdesk ticketing, inventory, reporting

Cons

SQL process does get pretty intensive and can tend to eat up a lot of resources.

Yadira from Lone Start National Bank

Great!!

Upgrading to the new version, but support is being great and they are helping me with every single detail.

Pros

What I like the most is that now they have the SSO option, the new features such as custom reports and the option to connect remotely within the ticket and more.

Cons

On the old version what liked the least was that they didnt have the auto assigned tickets and the SSO.

Gary from Alachua County BoCC

Great Product at a Great Price, BOSS 4.0

We utilize BOSS for our IT work order tracking system. Also utilize for maintaining computer inventory

Pros

The programming is basic, so it is not slowed down by trying to do too much. The user interface is very friendly. Allows for the management of computer inventory.

Cons

Reports are basic and currently just graphs. do not have the ability to create my own reports.

John from Ob Hospitalist Group

BOSSDesk continues to amaze

The BOSSDesk offering has been great. My staff made the change quickly and easily to the solution. BOSS Solutions has been excellent to work with regarding issues we ran across as well as listened regarding feature requests or other questions we had. I am very excited about where this product will go as it matures.

Pros

The ease of use for technicians. Very flexible in creating workflow like processes. Additional functionality continues to be added. The integration with service requests with standard tickets and the ability to define your own forms.

Cons

reporting is still very basic and limiting and needs some serious work. Some functions are a bit complicated when it comes to defining approvals or routing rules and limited in what you can route on such as limited routing on extended statuses. Integration with AD is nice, but needs to be expanded to use more of the attributes vs. having to manually enter when the data is already available to pull.

Mary from Jones County School System

BOSS Solutions Review

I enjoy working in BOSS as an end user and as an admin. I use BOSS to keep up with my school's inventory and with our technical trouble tickets. BOSS helps keep us organized and efficient. I do wish the BOSS conferences weren't so expensive.

Pros

The ease of use and the helpdesk support people are always willing to help.

Cons

I am not a fan of the mobile app. It could be because I don't use it as often.

Doug from College of HRSM

HRSM review

BOSS has not only aided in our workflow process, it has also helped our organization become more organized with regard to asset allocation and inventory. It has been so easy to use and the customer support has been top-shelf.

Pros

How easy it is to customize to any organization or business.

Cons

It could use an updated interface.

Jessie from City of Niceville

One year later still going strong

The experience has been great, the staff at Boss is awesome and I have recommended them a number of times.

Pros

We have had much more buy-in from our users than our previous helpdesk software. The ease of use has been a driving factor and the Service Catalog is a game changer. The user selects what issue they are having and we have the forms set to collect the information that we need to help us provide the support faster.

Cons

The reporting is a little lacking, however, that is coming around.

Mahir from Mobile Area Water & Sewer System

Boss Asset Management

Great product for managing your inventory and assets. Wonderful features offered through it for the customers, and most of all Fantastic Tech Support and guidance in making it work for you from the Boss Organization.

Pros

Ease of use and variety of features offered

Cons

does not provide a solution for all circumstances but which product does

Tamara from Douglas County Board of Commissioners

Industry: Information Services

Excellent product, Customer Support and adaptability!

Customer service and technical support are top notch. We love the flexibility to interface with Active Directory and MS Access. We use the reports to manage all of our helpdesk functions. BOSS reports provide management valuable information on trends and technical support resource utilization.

Pros

Customer Service and Flexibility

October 2015

Rick from Forsyth County Government

October 2015

It's the backbone for many of our service departments

BOSS Solutions Support Central has proven to be a flexible and reliable asset for many of our service departments throughout Forsyth County. It's the primary means for all county employees to request assistance with computer and communications related issues. Our GIS department uses Support Central for every service request it receives and it's employees use the timesheet feature to track their time on each service request. Our Communications department uses Support Central to service the projectors in our meeting rooms. Our Sheriff's Office uses Support Central for all of their internal service requests for equipment, radios and department-specific software issues. Our Parks & Rec department is considering using Support Central for internal service requests as well as integrating this into a web-based service for our citizens to report service requests for park facilities. We've been a BOSS Solutions customer since 2007. Our positive experience with the application, the customer service and the company as a whole gives us the confidence to roll Support Central out to other departments as an integral part of their plan to provide effective and efficient services to the organization.

Response from BOSS Solutions

Replied May 2016

Thank you Rick for your positive review and feedback of the BOSS Support Central product. We are glad that the product continues to bring such great benefit to Forsyth County and your feedback helps us to continue to improve the product for all of our customers.

It is simple to place work orders and look at history by customer.

Pros

Simplicity of submitting and reviewing work orders and queues, seeing subordinate work orders under master work orders

Cons

Data Report building and lack of ease of customization without Administrative access, slowness of viewing different screens.

The easiest system to setup based on your company needs

Pros

Cons

very basic input, needs more additions. for example project management, incident manage, and change management.

Ginger from Douglas County

Very good, great support

Pros

The product is very user-friendly and creates the tickets and accountability we need. We love the email to ticket functionality.

Cons

Mobility, but you are in the process of upgrading the specs we need. Assets scanning bar codes will be better too.

Annette from MaconBibb IT Department

The best conference I have attended.

Pros

That is software is getting better and that it will be easier for user to use. Human Resources will be able to use this software. The inventory section will also be helpful in this software.

Cons

Needed more time to get with the BOSS team to get hands on experience. Need more days with the tech team from BOSS teach users so when they go back to their place of business, they can teach other users.

Whitney from City Of College Park

Our Solution was BOSS

Pros

I am satisfied with the BOSS ticketing system, asset management, and ease of use. We have begun using electronic forms and it has made our every day work life a lot easier.

Cons

Have no cons - it meets our needs perfectly.

Annette from MaconBibb County

Excellent

The software is very easy to access. I like the different features that the upgrade has. I hope we keep this software for a long time.

Pros

It is easy to use and it gives me more reports that I can create.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about the software.

Paul from Jones County school System

Very Good Experience with BOSS Support Central

Boss Support Central hass really helped us to manage and streamline our trouble ticket calls. It has really eased the pain of how we were doing trouble tickets before. Also, the inventory management functions have been very useful and allowed us to computerize all of our inventory in one central location.

Pros

Very easy to manage and access trouble tickets. Very nice inventory management functions

Cons

None that I can think of

Joedy from Augusta Richmond County

A wonderful support staff and wonderful team to work with to get the most out of this product

Pros

The flexibility and malleability of the program to be fitted to the needs of the customer so that it can best be used in an ever changing IT world. The product is not another cookie cutter solution that you have to try and make fit to your needs it is fully capable of being customized to the customer.

Long from Hawthorne

Great reliable service

Pros

Ticketing System, Hardware Tracking, department Interaction

Cons

At the moment can think of any cons or setbacks.

Matthew from Effingham County Board of Commissioners.

Great Solution for IT

BOSS Solutions has proven an extremely stable and feature rich product. Having used both Kaseya and Labtech as comparisons I have been quite pleased with BOSS. It has all the features we need and is very stable and dependable.

Pros

Good features and very reliable

Cons

Scripting features limited or very difficult. Same with SNMP

Paul from Forsyth County GA

For what I use the software for, it has the most robust feature set that I have seen.

Pros

I like the ability to keep track of, and access user systems from within the software. It has made my job immeasurably easier.

Cons

The reporting structure could be more user friendly. It is fairly difficult to use the wizard to create reports.

Beth from Orange County IT

Boss Desk is the Boss for our shop

Boss Desk forces us to revisit our processes and policies to ensure they follow ITIL and make us do a better job of process flows and efficiency identification.

Pros

It is an easy way to implement ITIL principles. The agency is open to making adjustments to the product based on feedback from customers.

Cons

I don't always know what the status of adjustments from feedback may be and when something may be implemented.

Chris from MAWSS

Industry: Utilities

Effective in both cost and functionality

Generations ahead of TrackIT (our solution before Boss Solutions). This has allowed our company to add some real accountability and proper incident hand-off among our team members.

Pros

Managed work flows. Automated ticket routing. Easier visibility to work flows, accountability, and assets.

Cons

Only how ready your organization is to accept any change but that is not a failing of the software.

Allan from AAA

Good Product!

Pros

User interface is very friendly and easy to navigate. Able to use single sign-on which is a plus.

Cons

Unable to use logic for their forms which I would like to see further down the road

Miros from Lone Star National Bank

I've worked with the software for about 5 years and I've never had any major issues with it. Also, their staff has always been very friendly and helpful, which is very important when considering vendors, in my opinion.

Pros

This product works pretty well and is very easy to configure and maintain.

Cons

The user interface used to look a little outdated in their previous versions, but their latest version looks a lot better.

Letitia from City of College Park

Boss Conference

Boss is easy to navigate

Pros

It work for different departments and many types of jobs.

Cons

Nothing as of now. Boss have been a help to the City of College Park.