What are GLPi users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using GLPi software through verified user reviews

• icon"Both of them have a very user friendly frontend. Its allow you to optimize opertion costs and also administrate the support area."
  • icon"Great to manage issues with customers. Can check status easy for client and for me."
  • icon"A lot of features are integrated, we can track tasks and assign them to a ticket, manage the inventory and other cool stuff."
  • icon"The interface is dated, and initially may be very difficult to find where are the settings that the administrator want/need to change."
  • icon"The use of server disk space can be high depending on the configurations and error logs, which can bring down the application, depending on how disk space management is done."
  • icon"The interface can be a bit rough around the edges. I don't know if ours was badly configured but it was a little slow to access."

Browse all GLPi Reviews

• Have you used GLPi and would like to share your experience with others?

Aníbal

Simple and very useful has helped me to keep my activities organized

I have had several benefits in my work, I have installed it and everyone likes it, the incidents are handled in an orderly manner and are addressed by priority, it has allowed me to deliver reports with graphics to senior management, in my independent work it allows me to have the incidents of my clients ordered to know what the state is, so that they and I are informed of the situations that arise.

Pros

I have installed GLPI in three medium companies and I also use it for my personal projects, I like that it has two large modules, the first of which is the inventory manager, equipment, servers, peripherals, software licenses, network, reservation of shared resources, among others. The second module is the helpdesk for the follow-up of the interventions, allows the administrators and the support staff to link the interventions made to the users and equipment, and can obtain a complete history of maintenance. The graphic interface is currently very well developed and has improved a lot over time. Another thing that I like is that it is easy to use and train the end users is very fast and easy, when you create a incident, it is possible to visualize the state in which you are, which is great to follow. Its integration with "OCS Inventory" is one of the best things you can have, after careful work you can get all the information of a company's hardware in an instant, this improves my analysis and planning with my team. I can not forget to mention that the free software that leads to zero installation costs among the many that I have tried GLPI has always been my favorite.

Cons

GLPI is a great software, however, there are things that I have had problems with in these years, the integration with LDAP is not stable, it is difficult to obtain the data correctly, I have had difficulties with the assignment of profiles to the users that are imported of LDAP, another thing that I do not like is that it is not compatible with Postgresql, which forces me to use mysql.

Raju

One application for all IT Solutions

We have been using this software from years now and it has helped a lot to keep track of assets and all the call or tickets reaised, Also can be tracked all the remedy provided.

Pros

This single software has many components software which has helped a lot in tracking the asset and the tickets raised along with solution provided history. All the assets are once updated into the system, It has helped to track assets in and out. It also provides desk support feature by which any body in organization can raise a request and can be tracked the same.

Cons

Manual updation, all asset entry has to be done manually. There is no feature for auto discovery like in OCS. Since it is a paid software subscription is required.

Reasons for choosing GLPi

It was cost effective and less training required for working on to it. It does the job which it was procured to do.

September 2022

GLPI is an open source ITSM

For companies who have little budget and they need an ITSM tool is ok, but it's not awesome at all.

Pros

After other ITSM tools, GLPI was not very hard to configure and deploy.

Cons

The flexibility for changing the standard behaviour of the solution. You should develop your functionalities. User interface was old style and the users didn't like it at all.

Reasons for choosing GLPi

We choose GLPI because another company in the group used it and we wanted to try it.

Reasons for switching to GLPi

Spiceworks couldn't fit with our growing process, with more than 200 assets it becase useless.

Comprehensive administration of IT resources, but not very friendly and dated interface

Pros

It is free, and even if you are not dealing with IT resources, you can tailor this software to use it to manage your support service. I have used it a couple of years to manage an academic research laboratory in a public University, but migrated to another solution because usability drawbacks and old-fashioned interface. Anyway, I do recommend it for people working with IT, because it is rich inbuilt-in features that makes easier to use it for the purpose he was originally designed for. On the user side, however, the software works without much problems.

Alejandro

Industry: Computer Hardware

May 2022

GLPI easy to use and very capable for a single or multiple organizations

At least two years using the solution to support several customers, multiple support groups and inventory management including licenses, configurations and email following

Pros

The hability to support multiple organizations in an easy workflow with business rules

Cons

Not being able to use a mailbox per customer (Entity)

Pricing and customization options

Mairina

An excellent incident manager, software control and inventory management!

My experience with GLPI has been excellent. Initially I only used it to manage incidents and requests, however now I can use the problem management and change management module which has allowed me to solve many associated cases that were previously handled in isolation. In addition to the mentioned functionalities, we carry out the traceability of projects with their respective activities, where it is possible to notify each person involved of the status of the project. Another advantage of this tool is that it allows you to take inventory control of your organization and this adds value to the other features that I mentioned. In the free version you have extensive functionalities and in the paid version the support is very efficient when it comes to configuring your IT infrastructure based on the best ITIL practices. In particular I recommend 100% to all users.

Pros

In my assessment GLPI is a very complete software package that has innumerable advantages for an IT company, it is based on the vertical of ITIL to manage the IT resources of an organization. Through this powerful tool it is possible to manage the inventory of assets of a company, perform support tasks through the management of incidents, problems and changes, allows you to manage your projects and create knowledge bases and manage inventories. In particular I use it in the company with various purposes, from incident management to project monitoring and hardware control of our network.

Cons

Currently I do not have to contribute in relation to the tool, since as it has been updated it has solved practically all the issues compared to a year ago. The community keeps this package updated, and hence the value of being supported in open source.

Total Control Of IT Infrastructure

We are top beneficiaries of GLPi's knowledge base - centralizing our corporate's internal knowledge has never been easier. Also, GLPi generates reports of IT equipment utility so you don't have logger heads with HR. GLPi's SQLdashboards and plugins work quite efficiently too.

Pros

Simple management of clusters as it indicates the elements alongside. Swift tracking of our domains and notifies you a week earlier before they expire. Utilizes GANTT model for visualization of assigned tasks, workflows and other collaborators. Integrates well with RSS feeds for real time updates.

Cons

For the twenty eight months I have used GLPi, I haven't had any issue with its performance.

Ailton

Industry: Computer Hardware

September 2022

Excelente software

É um sistema que permite várias configurações e no tocante sua utilização torna-se de fácil manuseio.

Pros

A flexibilidade de configurações que o sisteme permite facilita muito sua utilização no dia a dia. Toda vez que precisava-mos de algum ajuste de configurações, a mesma era executada com simples configurações.

Cons

Não há nenhum comentário que poderia lançar contra esta aplicação. Utilizai esse sistema por ao menos 6 anos e não houve nada de o desabonasse.

Jaime

User friendly and complete

Pros

This tool has 2 main modules the inventory manager and the helpdesk. Both of them have a very user friendly frontend. Its allow you to optimize opertion costs and also administrate the support area.

Cons

Don´t have any big problem so far. If you work in other lenguages there might be some translate mistakes.

Kunwer

GLPi is kinda great

Pros

It's been a while I'm using this software and I'm pleased to say that without any trouble i get my business solutions.

Cons

Nothing to be advised they are doing great untill now.

Ricardo

Using GLPI in the Municipal Government of the City of São Paulo

To meet the goals of the Information and Communication Technology Strategic Planning of the City of São Paulo, we implemented a customized instance of GLPI for the Management of Calls and IT assets. For asset management we used Fusioninventory. This successful implementation allowed us to have better information that supported several decision making processes. From there we expanded the possibility of using the solution to other municipal public administration agencies that needed a solution for the systematization of Call and IT Asset Management The end users learned to use it quickly and it was very well accepted in general. It facilitated and optimized IT Management in all Sectorial Organs where it was implemented. Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Pros

Customizable Robust and easy-to-deploy solution There are several plugins that further assist the customization and solution possibilities for the most diverse challenges The GLPI community is very supportive and helpful in solving any problems

Mairina

Manage your requests, problems, incidents and projects from a Global platform!

With this tool I managed to consolidate all the inventory of operational areas in a single tool, allowing control to be established, and notifying the involved areas when an asset of the company is incorporated or disincorporated. In addition to the above, I can centralize project management, taking control of the activities that make up the operational projects.

Pros

GLPI, is the most complete platform to take the management of requirements or requests, incidents in customers or IT systems, Projects, problem management, inventories, finally .. Through this great platform I could organize the management of the entire IT infrastructure . When I started using this great tool, I only managed internal requests, later we added incident management and from one case the client was notified, today I carry the projects of the area and all the inventory control of the operational unit. The truth that has allowed me to optimize operating costs since with the free version I can have breadth when managing the entire area of ​​network operations and administration of IT services.

Cons

The truth, with time using the tool there is not a single aspect that prevents me from achieving my operational objectives.

Óscar

Servicedesk and Inventory anyone? GLPi is your choice

Pros

Disclaimer *GLPi partner* This is a great tool combining (if you wish) IT inventory and Helpdesk. Of course you can use only one of them. It is important to emphasize you can do both, since I don't know any other product that allows this. Just imagine inventory computers automatically and link tickets to computers, software, network equipment, printers. It's extendable through plugins. For instance you can do Non-IT inventory (cars, rooms, you name it)

Cons

GLPi is supported by the community. So, you can have your questions and needs solved or not. Fortunately you can contact a Teclib' partner and they will support, migrate or enhance the application regarding your needs. Reporting is not that flexible out of the box, specially on terms of techs cost control.

Ronald

Good open source service management platform

Using that was ok with no big problems. The main point would be the reports and how to export information from there to have dashboards to support business.

Pros

It is an ITSM that guarantee the management of large IT infrastructures with lots of assets.

Cons

It is an expensive tool and it is not easy to configure to have the broad view of all information in there.

Reasons for switching to GLPi

Jira is a free platform that can be configurated to work simmilar to GLPI.

In my opinion, the most complete tool for an IT department

All about ITIL and a great community providing support, complements that improve the experience as much as user level as administrator.

Pros

The best tool of all, for the management of Tickets. With its update to 9.3 it took a giant leap with the administration of Racks, excellent visual implementation of the rack and the equipment that is there, easy to manage and manage.

Cons

The few shortcomings that you have been able to perceive in each version, always solve them and bring much more improvements with each version, there is a large community that supports and helps the continuous improvement of the tool

We use GLPI and we love it

We have been working with GLPI for 8 years. We have been offering product support in Poland for 3 years. We've spent thousands of hours working with the system and we consider it the best product on the market. We work with the system and offer it to our clients.

Pros

Very extensive functional modules, regular system updates, good product support. Intuitive system operation.

Cons

The system accelerated and became even more readable.

Carlos

Is a excelente IT solution for helpdesk

It allowed us to control and track the hardware / software incidents of the organization and customers in a simple way

Pros

a lot of features are integrated, we can track tasks and assign them to a ticket, manage the inventory and other cool stuff

Cons

It's not totally translated and not all the documentation is finished. Being able to define our own hardware would be nice

Open Source option for Service Desk

Pros

If you need a services desk software GLPI is an excellent option. It´s Open Source and you can modify the code. You can set different entities, rules, SLA. You can manage the IT inventory.

Cons

Improve the reports module, the stats are not clear

March 2022

GLPI - the best one for inventory

Pros

Free, easy to deploy and configure. You can even add support ticket management by linking it to the Active Directory.

Cons

There is sometimes too many information on the screen.

Maria

The best tool for the follow-up of the activities

I can take the control of my requirements and incidents

Pros

It is a very amicable tool visually besides that his fields and characteristics help you to take a control of the requirements and presented incidents and that correspond to your area, it is possible to associate the mail to create the ticket automatically, it is possible to take to him the follow-up of projects, the historical one of the ticket, the persons who interacted in the solutions of the same one, realizes the management of change and it is possible to take the inventory of materials and equipments of network.

Cons

It is complicated to realize the safety adequacies for the different units, it is not possible to divide the units of agreement to name, all the ticket can be seen by several persons which is not suitable for areas of discharge manages

ALCIDES

PRACTICAL TICKET MANAGER TO GIVE SOLUTION OF INCIDENTS IN SERVICES.

In my opinion it is one of the most complete and simple tools to use to carry out the management of incidents and requested interventions since it allows to have a control of the tickets and to give solution for the priority of the same besides generating reports with all the data available (incidents per month, time of resolution of incidents, delay of the service, etc)

Pros

It is very easy and simple to use, it allows you to track tickets from opening until they are closed, it is very complete since you can take control of each ticket opened, assign it to a group or user to give a solution, interact with both the client as with the technicians. On the other hand, it allows to keep an inventory control of the companies' computer resources

Cons

in the short time that I have been using it I have not found any irregularity that does not allow me to carry out any activity that I have done

Filipe

GLPI review

This software is great to manage issues with customers, simple to use and versatil

Pros

Easy to use great to manage issues with customers can check status easy for client and for me Lot of plugins to personalize

Cons

at moment any one, i'm very satisfied with it

Reasons for choosing GLPi

best performance easy to use modern style best web interface

Reasons for switching to GLPi

best performance easy to use modern style

Pawel

GLPI - review

Thanks this software I had no issue to plan the budget and manage all IT equipment in company.

Pros

I worked as a IT asset manager in the past and I've used GLPI to manage all IT equipment in large company (1500+ employees). The software was very helpful and customisable.

Cons

The most difficult part of using the software was implementation and configuration- I had internal technical support especially to GLPI.

Max

Pretty good IT management tool

Pros

I have used GLPI for asset management and case support management. Both modules were easy enough to use and did the job.

GLPi