All Guru Reviews

2 - 10 employees

Used less than 6 months

Reviewed January 2022

the more you put in the more you get out!

Nate

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Reviewed January 2021

Simple to use, easy to update, and way better than Google Drive

I've talked to our head of enablement and she's a big fan. It's not as powerful as a Seismic or ThoughSpot, but not sure if that's really an apple to apple comparison. If you need a better way to organize sales material, important internal employee info, (i.e. equity FAQs, or ERG information, etc.) than this is much more seamless and easily searchable way for your team. It will save them time vs. going down the rabbit hole in DRive, Dropbox or Box.

PROS

We use Guru from everything to HR, Finance and Sales. The "cards" are easy to set-up, they're time-stamped so you know they're up to date, and you can give a set of people admin access to make updates. For everyone else, they can leave comments and make suggestions so your data stays fresh and can be crowdsourced. I personally love the Chrome plug in, the search in Guru is really good and I rarely have trouble finding a card for whatever I'm searching for. One thing I also like is you can download the card content to PDF< this comes in handy when the content is customer facing, just 1-click and fire it out off in an email or copy the content and paste.

CONS

Like anything, the cards can get a bit out of control, it can be hard to update and integrations are limited. It's still much easier and simpler UI than just creating a bunch of folders in Drive. I personally like it much more than Concur as well.

John Renan

Telecommunications, 501-1,000 employees

Game Changer

Kudos to Guru Team for keeping the tool up to date and easy to use. 10/10 for sure!

PROS

It's very user friendly, easy to search related articles or information using keywords. We rarely encounter any lags or latency while using the system.

CONS

I think that would be allowing the user to customize or personalize the page. Like with google, where you can change the background images.

Roman

Information Technology and Services, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2020

Guru for Users

so far so good while am still learning how to maximize this platform

PROS

I just started using this and noticed that it's an all-in-one platform for managing things like projects and tasks

CONS

the help tool wasn't as efficient as I thought it would be as the self-help was not as intuitive while on-the-go usage/training

Pearl

E-Learning, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2024

You will never get behind with Guru!

My whole experience with Guru has been excellent. It greatly improved our team's knowledge management and collaboration operations. Guru's user-friendly design and powerful capabilities make it simple to generate, organize, and distribute information effectively.

PROS

What I love about Guru is its ease of use. It's not complicated to navigate and is easy to access which is important for someone who works in Support. I use Guru daily to check on our FAQs especially when I speak with my customers to make sure that I am giving the right information about the product they are inquiring about. It has also helped our whole team to store the SOPs that we can use as a reference when we need to restudy different processes.

CONS

I just hope there's an option to send a notification to your email if you fail to verify a document you created after X days.

Reasons for switching to Guru

It's cheaper and Guru has more functions we can take advantage of compared to Confluence. It is much easier to use and has clearer UX.

Princess

Banking, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Pros and Cons of My Guru Experience.

Its been amazing and easy to use, been able to retain a lot of information because of the way guru has organised and put information in order, to easy spot out and use, top notch.

PROS

the ease to copying and pasting any information, sharing to other. the ease of access all you need with only typing the words and bring up all cards of information to select from. the ability to add items to favourite in other to spot out quickly

CONS

the drag and drop down, when you have to click to drop down before you access and information, makes it harder to spot of an information quickly.

Juihsin

Internet, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed January 2024

Incredibly convenient and user-friendly!

Overall, I have a good experience about Guru

PROS

Easy to use, powerful keywords search function

CONS

Hope the font size of the interface can be adjusted larger

Kelsey

Consumer Services, 5,001-10,000 employees

Use Guru for work!

PROS

I like using Guru to get information that I don't have. I like using Guru to help me learn more information about other Departments.

CONS

It's not always easy find a certain card, especially if you don't save it in favorites.

Calvin

E-Learning, 501-1,000 employees

Very Useful Platform

PROS

I like how I can type in any key words when I am not sure exactly what to look for, and it gives me great responses that are very helpful and useful.

CONS

I haven't found anything that I do not like, as of yet.

Wilhelmina

Outsourcing/Offshoring, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Guru feedback

PROS

Guru is the main source when it comes to processes and it's user friendly

CONS

There's nothing that I don't like about Guru

Kenneth Jordy

Financial Services, 10,000+ employees

Best uses of Guru

I use Guru daily as our knowledge base on work in Car Rental and my freelance work in the gaming industry.

PROS

What I like to most is the navigation in Guru where it is very convenient and it is entirely broad from categorization.

CONS

I have not found anything I dislike in Guru so far.

Luke Xavier

Outsourcing/Offshoring, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed March 2024

Efficient knowledge based tool.

This is a great tool in providing knowledge, updates about the process we have at work. In addition, this helps us in efficiently help our customers and is easier to use.

PROS

This is a modernized tool that provides us knowledge and step by steps process and procedure for us to help customers efficiently and more easier.

CONS

So far, all its features were good and I don't see anything that I might dislike about the product.

Regina

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Guru article for vehicle listings

Excellent and very much informative in terms of process.

PROS

It is a knowledge base wherein you will know the answer because the process is there.

CONS

Just the information that is regarding the banning of the guests

Will

Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Our team's preferred internal knowledge base

It's essential -- we cannot do our jobs efficiently or consistently without Guru.

PROS

Information health is critical, so the verification status of each card in Guru helps our team know how trustworthy each card is.

CONS

Folders can only go 3 deep (folder within a folder within a folder). This means I need to rethink the organizational structure of cards to ensure a ton of information doesn't end up in a single folder making it difficult to locate stuff)

Reasons for switching to Guru

Updating our SOPs in Confluence was challenging because there was no set way to know when information expired. We were only a little better than using folders in Google Drive when using Confluence. When our team learned we could set verification intervals and expiration dates for Guru cards, suddenly our SOPs went from over 80% stale to 95% current.

Jonathan

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2023

An overall great way to organize information as one single source of truth!

Overall we are very happy with the platform and features. It has really helped us align and eliminate conflicting information.

PROS

It's easy to create, easy to upload and easy to organize information in a useful and productive way. The AI search is also really useful for getting answers quick, as is using AI to help you create net new content.

CONS

The recommended cards on the dashboard aren't particularly useful for me, but overall there's really nothing to dislike.

Reason for choosing Guru

The UI and ease of use. Guru is definitely more intuitive and easy to use.

Reasons for switching to Guru

It's too hard to organize and make public in Google drive. Stuff gets lost all the time.

Reviewed March 2021

More engaging than Confluence.

Overall, guru was able to Help share and disperse information to our entire organization. This also reduce the amount of repeat question asking.

PROS

Knowledge alerts. These allowed us to share information with the rest of the organization through guru and kept them updated with products announcements and support questions.

CONS

Set up was a bit labor-intensive but once you put the effort in it pays off and you’re well on your way. The dashboard layout could use some experience changes but for the most part it is intuitive and easy to use.

Reasons for switching to Guru

We need a day more engaging way to notify internal users. The pricing was also more affordable.

Joshua

Telecommunications, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Guru is the best so far!

I have using guro for 1 year and it it very convenient to be used from our work it help us not to forget and guide us for our process

PROS

They way we can easily search the cards we created to help us out from our process

CONS

sometimes notification is not noticeable

Reasons for switching to Guru

Guru is much better and cards can be more efficient

Amanda

Insurance, 201-500 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Knowledge Management for the Future

PROS

Guru has been such a benefit to our company, it's ability to connect and intergrate with other common work programs has made it much easier to implement. As someone who edits and creates resources within Guru there are a lot of wonderful features when building these cards to help share information in different and visually appealing ways. The Guru support teams are also always very responsive and open to feedback within their forum. Many features have been implemented just in the time we've been using it that have only served to improve the product.

CONS

It would be nice if the search function was more intuitive, right now you have to have a good idea of what you're looking for when searching, and if you don't type it in exactly you're unlikely to get a decent result. The implementation of "Answers" has helped this tremendously, but it would be nice to have in the search functionality.

Reviewed October 2023

Guru is the best knowledge best tool

PROS

What I like best about Guru is the fact that everything is accessible and user-friendly. You can create cards, you can share your knowledge and ideas with your community. I can see which has been verified as well for additional credibility.It was nice as well to see who creted each cards and when were they created. I love the fact that there is a "my library" so I can "favorite" cards that I usually use and as there were cases I forgot which card I opened, I can check it on the "recently viewed" It was a good tool indeed, an encyclopedia for each community.

CONS

I honestly can't find anything to dislike about Guru. It has been part of my everyday life at work and even on rest days when I just want to read some cards and it was very helpful. I feel like there are still so much to explore on the tool that I haven't had the chance to check yet.

Willensky