• Pros

• "All company info is in one place Like an internal Wiki but all in one location and you can see when information was most recently updated "

• "Guru has been great. This is where our organization holds all of our sales material for one-pagers, client information, competitor information, etc. and is extremely easy to pull up information. "

• "I really like the fact that every knowledge card can be easily organized into boards and the level of permission configuration is so high and reliable. I really dig its design and language too."

• Cons

• "The only thing I wish we could change about Guru is that it would be nice if it had a more Google-like search function. Sometimes remembering how to search it properly can be frustrating. "

• "looks a little messy, lots of information on one page, bit overwhelming Editing pages is confusing, need to be taught "

• "Nothing, it provides everything we would require in an info database and more. We switched from a different software for its ability to allow users to track and comment on cards "

Browse Guru Reviews

Jonathan from Axosoft

Saves time for support, sales, and onboarding

I was introduced to Guru at the Elevate Summit conference, and my team has enjoyed it ever since. Our sales and support team rely on it heavily for saved responses to common issues and questions, and for communicating existing issues or procedures. We also use it for "tribal knowledge" which has made it much easier to onboard new hires. Overall, this tool has saved my team time and nurtured communication between ourselves and with our own selves from the past!

Pros

+ Easy, fast search for information through Chrome browser extension + Integration with Slack makes sharing or creating cards a breeze

Cons

- Verifying cards becomes daunting if you don't regularly groom the knowledge base

Amazing Business Knowledge App

It really helps me quite my teammates quite educated on what's new in the company and this saves a LOT of of talking or explaining. I'm really glad Guru exists.

Pros

Cons

The last update make the whole page a bit slower and the side menu is a bit crammy. The search tool speed was never great either. And the most complicated of all is the card text editor – when it sticks to a certain format, forget it, you are never going to be able work around unless you delete it all. It's really a pain when you need to edit already existing cards. Oh, the Chrome extension is not really responsive and also quite slow. I ended up removing it and sticking with the site instead.

Samantha from Shopify

Absolute must have

Overall experience is very positive and I would definitely recommend. Only star is lost for how the search functions.

Pros

I use Guru constantly through my day, every single day, and I can say without a doubt my job would be a lot harder without being able to use Guru for my resources. It really makes a difference and I love it.

Roman from Piper's Corner

Guru for Users

so far so good while am still learning how to maximize this platform

Pros

I just started using this and noticed that it's an all-in-one platform for managing things like projects and tasks

Cons

the help tool wasn't as efficient as I thought it would be as the self-help was not as intuitive while on-the-go usage/training

Jeremy from Conductor

Best Knowledge Management

Overall I'm very happy with my experience with Guru. We use it across our whole organization to keep everyone informed on new feature updates and decks to be accessed - super useful tool!

Pros

This is the first company where I've worked where they have a knowledge management software - I wish I knew about this earlier! The interface is incredibly intuitive and extremely useful.

Cons

The software is only as useful as the content you have inside it. Sometimes there is outdated content in our system although this is no fault to Guru.

LEIGH from Leigh Alison Design

Industry: Graphic Design

Great Resource for Freelance Work

Good. You need to do your research and I recommend reading their tips and tricks if you are new to the freelancing world.

Pros

I used Guru to gain new clients after my children were born. It was a great way to make money remotely and provided me a larger scope to reach clients.

Cons

The software was very easy to use. My issue was more with client interaction but you get that anywhere.

Jack from Yello

Great place to centralize information

It's been fantastic. We used to have information stored in a few different places so it was always difficult finding the information you needed. Now that everything is stored in Guru, it's made my job 10x easier.

Pros

Cons

Our company is fairly newer to Guru so it is going to take time for us to build up the information that we will store in there. People have to manually create cards so it can be a lengthy process for certain material.

Zack from Yello.co

Cheat Sheets for Sales Teams

Overall experience is great, we recently implemented it. It allows for all the information I need to be a few clicks away.

Pros

What I like the most about guru is that the plug-in allows all the information you can ever need for your team to be right on the side of your screen. For example, if you're making a cold call, you can have your elevator pitch right on the side of the screen allowing you to keep your prospects salesforce page up while making the seamless pitch.

Cons

What I like least, there hasn't been much that I've found with Guru that is bad. Only thing that has caused some trouble is the plug-in makes Chrome crash every so often.

Rosa from Greenhouse Software

Central source of truth

Pros

It is incredibly easy to use. I love the knowledge alerts to hold my team accountable.

Cons

That I can't create drafts. It makes it really hard to strategically plan around when I will make new information accessible

William from Brex

Guru - Easy to Use

I like Guru. It makes my life easier when working. I have easy access to the policies that my company has while I'm doing my own work.

Pros

I like using Guru. We use it to set up policy and procedure cards. The chrome extension allows us to have easy access to policies while working through different items.

Cons

I think there could be more clarification as to why cards need to be verified. It would be nice if there was also was an admin position that could instantly verify cards.

Guru fit our support team's needs perfectly!

I lead the effort to find a solution for our internal documentation and researched many options. Guru stood out from the others by a long shot. As soon as we tried it we knew we couldn't live without it. Our support team adopted it and pretty soon the developers were on board too. "There's a Guru card for that!" is a common saying in our office now when someone asks a question. Really couldn't live without this now.

Pros

Guru cards put the information we need right where we need it. We use the Chrome extension and we can access our cards while still looking at our ticket. The "cards" idea was genius as we tend to drop all sorts of information in them that we wouldn't bother to put in a document. And having to assign owners and verify the information on a schedule solved a problem that was killing us in our old system.

Cons

I was I could uncouple a card from the dropdown list that the Chrome extension displays and move it around my screen so I could see what's underneath.

Gabriella from Juno

Great tool for storing useful knowledge tools!

We use it to store our policies and procedures. Users can check here for updated info and remind themselves on a specific policy. If they need to they can star the card for future reference and leave comments to gain clarity.

Pros

Makes it easy for us to keep an information database for our staff to access on demand. It’s easy for admins to add edits and also allows users to comment and tag themselves in information that may need updating.

GURU changes everything

Pros

Seamless: Guru fit right into our company needs seamlessly. We needed a centralized and organized hub for company and product knowledge and we able to, within a couple weeks, deploy it to everyone in the company. Company-wide Adoption: Everyone in the company uses GURU, from the CEO down to the sales team and support reps. We've reduced white noise and chatter in Slack by creating an easy way to access cross-team knowledge and specific/esoteric knowledge. Chrome Extension: The Chrome Extension cranks up this software to an 11. Having quick info at your fingertips to use on the fly for phone calls is incredibly useful. Ease of Use: Navigation, the UI/UX, the card editor, organization is all incredibly well thought out and put together. I see small improvements are still ongoing, but it all points towards the same goal of increasing product use and adoption. I've yet to be disappointed with feature deployment from GURU.

Cons

Too many cooks in the kitchen: One of the things I've already seen in the past few months is what I call "too many cooks in the kitchen" syndrome. GURU allows you to set up product experts and card "verifiers" which allows for someone else in the organization to sign off that the GURU card you created contains accurate information. However, sometimes there are too many competing voices to sign off on that card with different ideas and expectations for what should be inside of that card. We are still creating documentation for what information we want to house inside of GURU cards and it is coming along. This is just one thing to be careful of; who controls the knowledge; who controls access to that knowledge?

Browser add on is the best feature for quick access to information

Easy to create information, and easy access through it's browser add on.

Pros

The browser add on is great because you can access quickly links and information that are used on a daily basis, instead of having to go to type an intranet website and search what you need. The concept of everyone adding knowledge very easily is great for startups who are changing all the time.

Cons

The web version of the platform, doesn't seem as easy to use as other website intranet options. Is the only piece missing for a perfect place to store and search for information. I don't use it at all, I just use the add on. It might be the design, cards are way to big, and you have to do a lot of clicks to find something, first the board, then the collection, then the cards.

Guru is a necessity!

Guru is especially necessary for newer people within the company!

Pros

I utilize Guru each and every day. It is the best way to keep a company on the same page about topics internally and externally. If I need a quick answer and don't want to ask someone on a different team, I can quickly search it on Guru and find the answer.

Cons

Sometimes it's difficult for me to find the "activity" page but only because it's underneath the Dashboard. I believe it should have it's own tab.

Michael from WP Engine

Industry: International Affairs

Great tool for quick access to documentation!

Pros

When used properly, this is a killer app for internal documentation. It's incredibly easy to add, edit, and search for information with this tool. Within our support organization, it saves a toon of time when someone needs process info or how-tos... a quick search with basic keywords almost always gets what you need.

Cons

No so far... it's been stable and rock solid for us.

incredibly intuitive and fast

This is making it way easier to manage all our internal knowledge resources and have loved the experience

Pros

-this tool is used by our outbound teams and extremely helpful when grabbing content or answers in the moment -fast and flexible; also love that we get feedback on our top knowledge content -super simple searching takes seconds to find what I need

Cons

-not sure about the flexibility of setting up info because I'm not the admin, but sometimes have seen weird categories pop up - usually gets fixed quickly

Good for company-owned content

We use Guru to better organize our assets for easy sharing and distribution amongst the team.

Pros

It's a great way for Directors, VPs, to control what folks access.

Cons

It's sometimes really hard to find what you want, you have to be smart about the way you tag and categorize items. Not good for knowledge share amongst peers.

Maggie from Checkr

Easy to search and look company info up

Jonathan from Axosoft

I feel like a librarian, flinging the doors of knowledge open to my team.

Pros

It feels like the connecting membrane of the teams. Suddenly the niche knowledge stowed away in each person is accessible with a quick search, all in the context of your day to day browser session. More practically speaking, my sales team uses this to quickly search our docs for the images or product details they need to answer prospect's questions. My support team uses this to remember product nuances, known issues and saved responses. We also feed it information for consumption by our marketing and sales team.

Cons

I notice that my searches for tags when organizing my cards sometimes don't generate results. However it may have been my spotty airline wifi

Joshua from Software

Guru is powerful and easy to use

We use this for our users to have a clear understanding of how things work.

Pros

I love how easy this software is to use and to have our users look up information, as well as the verification processes to ensure articles are accurate.

Cons

Guru is great. I wish that there was an easier way to print a card, but that does not come up often.

Andersen from Front

A great knowledge management solution - but you need your team's buy in

We use it as a tool to support our sales team with the idea of them being able to self-serve and find the right pieces of information.

Pros

It is a fairly intuitive product to use and build on top of. We also integrated Guru into our Slack instance and urge our sales team to go through Guru before asking a human.

Cons

I don't dislike Guru, but have noticed that with any KMS you need to have constant upkeep to ensure the quality of the information stored is good. Additionally, it's not enough to just maintain the knowledge, people need to be dilegent about adding to it.

Jessica from Juno

Guru is Great

Previously we were using a custom made support hub. I never used it it was so hard to search for information and I wasnt always sure that the information was up to date. Do not have these problems with Guru!

Pros

I love the search feature. I love the tag feature. I love that you can submit suggestions to the update team easily!

Cons

Not a bad word to say! Sometimes my desktop can get a bit messy when I open to many widgets. I have started to stick to the webpage view.

Jon from Mark43

Great Knowledge Management System

The company uses Guru to store all our knowledge/ policies / practices. Easy way to share information as a group and keep everyone up to date.

Pros

We used to store all our knowledge in Jira but recently transitioned to Guru. Guru easy very easy to use and has lots of cool features. The auto verify feature is great and makes sure information is kept up to date.

Cons

Its a solid platform and I have not encountered any negatives in my use.

Awesome software to manage our team’s knowledge

Really positive. It’s helped me get up to speed in my new role and work much more efficiently.

Pros

So easy to use and integrate with other softwares that we as a team use daily. It allows us to record and validate our knowledge while also speeding up the transfer of that knowledge between team members.

Cons

Slight learning curve but once you see it in action and start using it it very quickly becomes very clear.

Easy to use, reliable but takes investment to get the most out of it.

This is a great product and company that cares a lot about customer happiness. The tool itself helps the team im on and Im excited how they improve on it going forward.

Pros

I liked how it could replace our wiki in a chrome extension. It streamlined the search process for information we were looking for. I enjoy looking at the user stats, too.

Cons

It takes a little extra time for the average user to learn how to get the most value from the tool.

Awesome for quick answers to call questions

Pros

I love how it integrates so seamlessly in Zendesk and Slack, tools we use daily. Having Guru permitted us to centralize all our information by searching from one place instead of going through different tools and not being such which is the correct answer.

Cons

It would be nice to be able to search our internal help desk as well

User-friendly training

Pros

Reminds me a lot of Quizlet - great for keeping a record of organizational knowledge.

Cons

I wish there was a way to practice and test of material, as if they were notecards.

Guru Review

Pros

Very easy to use and keep a lot of information well organized. Information can be accessed a variety of ways, such as browser or web extension making the app customizable to individual's preferences.

Cons

Takes a decent amount of training to get the hang of using the software.

A great documentation tool!

Increased productivity and efficiency!

Pros

I love Guru! The interface is nice which, to me, is a great plus. There are so many features that are great. Let's say I edit a card and then my colleague goes in and changes it; I am able to see past versions and the changes between the two! You can also be notified some months later to remind you to look at documentation and update it, to ensure that all the information is still accurate. I love that you can easily go from one card to another. It's a very great tool.

Cons

You may need to take a half hour just to ensure you are familiar with the platform...but that's expected.

Used Guru when looking to hire a freelancer

Pros

Was looking to outsource some tasks and used Guru to advertise and interview candidates. Didn't find a successful candidate using this site but it worked well to find some viable candidates, so I'd be willing to try it out again sometime.

Cons

Only complaint is that I didn't find someone but I'd try again.

Great tool for centralized company knowledge

Pros

I love the user interface and how things are organized within the app. Our sales and marketing teams can quickly bring up "battle cards" on competitors or just have an all in one place for everything company related. The analytics are great. You can see what cards are being used more than others and who are making edits to the information.

Cons

Nothing from Guru's side. I did have a hard time finding myself using the product at first because it lives outside of my typical google ecosystem. Perhaps integration with Google would be great but overall no compaints.

Kevin from UpTrending

Helpful Knowledge Base Tool

As far as content / documentation systems go, Guru is a great one. Highly recommend it!

Pros

- Easily organize, update, and otherwise manage all content. - Understand how content is being used with features like "Trust Score" and other reporting capabilities. - Collaborate with other team members via the "My Tasks" feature.

Cons

- As with any knowledge base, there is a lot of manual maintenance to keep the ecosystem in tip top shape. - The tagging and categorization features do not always scale very well.

Guru is helpful

It's nice to have, but not necessary.

Pros

Guru is great to have when you have a large team and a lot of information that needs to be shared across the whole team.

Cons

I wish that Guru had more integrations and was easier to access. Right now, they have an extension and the online platform.

Jorgen from ClickUp Project Management

Great for when your team is small

Guru was a great place for our team to start their knowledge base. However, as the content in our Guru grew, it was difficult to find and update information in our Guru.

Pros

Simple notes Can be accessed anywhere with their Chrome extension Supported rich notes (html, images)

Cons

Lack of organization Very opinionated (you have to think like Guru's team to really utilize their product) Difficult to maintain as the amount of content in your Guru expands Awful searching

Ashante from Stones Church

This Information Gathering tool rocks

Pros

Guru is a cool, newer way to centralize questions about topics, products, etc and answers to these questions and how to information in one place by sharing the guru cards. Before using this, we had information in several databases such as SharePoint, GoogleDocs, Microsoft Office platforms, etc.

Cons

We cannot share product knowledge outside of the organization and so this is a limiting factor for us.

Guru Review

Overall, I have had a very good experience using Guru as a tool and would definitely recommend it to my colleagues.

Pros

Guru is extensively used by our marketing team. It is very easy to search. It has a convenient and intuitive user interface. The chrome extension is a very good feature.

Cons

Could provide better customer support. Could provide better pricing structure as compared to its competitors.

Great idea, not so great usability

We had to leave because the search functionality did not work and we ended up missing cards.

Pros

Great UI. Easy to navigate through different cards. Creating a card is easy.

Cons

The search functionality is absolutely awful. Trying to find something on the spot is a real challenge (even with as little as 40 cards), and it really ruined the whole platform for my team.

David from Foursquare

Easy to use company Wiki

Pros

Easy to share and update information across organization. Easy to provide feedback and comments to wiki info.

Cons

It's a useful tool for gathering company wide FAQs and SME Knowledge. No complaints.

Tyas from Airlangga University

Industry: International Affairs

The simplest and fastest application for finding information!

As a Student, I am very satisfied using the GURU add-on, because I can access various information quickly.

Pros

GURU (add on version) has an easy access feature so information search can be done very quickly!

Cons

The trial version is limited in some access features. So you have to try the premium version, but I guarantee it's worth it!

Hunter from Biopoint inc

great for new employees

Pros

This service is great because it is a great resource for our employees to access important information quickly and easily.

Cons

The only con that i can think of is that i have to login in all the time. i wish it would automatically log me in when i open my browswer

John from Sharpmonkeys

the more you put in the more you get out!

Pros

we have found that the more data you put into Guru the more benefit you get out. It learns really quickly and helps our sales team convert more.

Cons

didnt know we needed it until we needed it! but it has made a positive difference to conversion

Guru - 2018

Pros

Quick and easy way for new hires to pick up on vocab and relevant information to learn their job.

Cons

The search function is not always accurate and takes too long at times to find your desired card.

Rachel from SalesLoft

Access information at your fingertips

Pros

I love that Guru integrates with Slack. I love being able to find competitor intel, product information, etc all through Slack.

Cons

I do not have any complaints right now, I am still fairly new to using Guru. I would love to see product updates.