Guru Software Reviews

Guru Software Reviews

Find out more:

FrontRunners 2022

Find out more:

• icon"I love how it integrates so seamlessly in Zendesk and Slack, tools we use daily."
  • icon"Ease of use: Integration with GSuite and a Chrome extension make it easy to find and create content. Great search function and AI."
  • icon"I really like the fact that every knowledge card can be easily organized into boards and the level of permission configuration is so high and reliable. I really dig its design and language too."
  • icon"The trial version is limited in some access features."
  • icon"Sometimes remembering how to search it properly can be frustrating."
  • icon"Sometimes there is outdated content in our system although this is no fault to Guru."

Browse all Guru Reviews

• Have you used Guru and would like to share your experience with others?

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

the more you put in the more you get out!

Nate

Simple to use, easy to update, and way better than Google Drive

I've talked to our head of enablement and she's a big fan. It's not as powerful as a Seismic or ThoughSpot, but not sure if that's really an apple to apple comparison. If you need a better way to organize sales material, important internal employee info, (i.e. equity FAQs, or ERG information, etc.) than this is much more seamless and easily searchable way for your team. It will save them time vs. going down the rabbit hole in DRive, Dropbox or Box.

Pros

We use Guru from everything to HR, Finance and Sales. The "cards" are easy to set-up, they're time-stamped so you know they're up to date, and you can give a set of people admin access to make updates. For everyone else, they can leave comments and make suggestions so your data stays fresh and can be crowdsourced. I personally love the Chrome plug in, the search in Guru is really good and I rarely have trouble finding a card for whatever I'm searching for. One thing I also like is you can download the card content to PDF< this comes in handy when the content is customer facing, just 1-click and fire it out off in an email or copy the content and paste.

Cons

Like anything, the cards can get a bit out of control, it can be hard to update and integrations are limited. It's still much easier and simpler UI than just creating a bunch of folders in Drive. I personally like it much more than Concur as well.

High performance, reliable and comprehensive feature set

We switched to Guru haven been impressed with the user interface , ease of organising content and speed. We had previous issues with loading times for searches or easily finding content. Guru has solved these issues and given our company a platform that everyone enjoys using.

Pros

With a few integrations available, we can for example see new articles created in our Helpdesk be automatically available in Guru. The integrations also include Zapier, which we allows a great deal of potential for automating.

Cons

For some elements of card (article) creation, the editor has certain limitations, there is no anchor for text so you can't quickly link from one section in an article to another.

Reasons for choosing Guru

We switched to Guru haven been impressed with the user interface , ease of organising content and speed. We had previous issues with loading times for searches or easily finding content. Guru solved these issues

Reasons for switching to Guru

Speed and Reliability

Thea

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

November 2022

An honest review of the Guru as a Knowledge Base

Pros

The overall performance of this platform is magnificent. The graphics are engaging, the appearance is well thought of and the proper emphasis on important tabs is a big help. One feature that I admire the most is the cards, since being in the CSR industry for over 4 years already you dont get to see an overview for the articles you want to refer to. It's like having a preface on a book. You can also add the most useful articles on your home page which is a huge plus on convenience.

Cons

One small improvement I hope was present is that the links for the articles can be viewed on the same home page. I hope that you can maximize scrolling through the same page without having to open on a new tab because that's pretty confusing especially once you're in the middle of a call.

Roman

Guru for Users

so far so good while am still learning how to maximize this platform

Pros

I just started using this and noticed that it's an all-in-one platform for managing things like projects and tasks

Cons

the help tool wasn't as efficient as I thought it would be as the self-help was not as intuitive while on-the-go usage/training

More engaging than Confluence.

Overall, guru was able to Help share and disperse information to our entire organization. This also reduce the amount of repeat question asking.

Pros

Knowledge alerts. These allowed us to share information with the rest of the organization through guru and kept them updated with products announcements and support questions.

Cons

Set up was a bit labor-intensive but once you put the effort in it pays off and you’re well on your way. The dashboard layout could use some experience changes but for the most part it is intuitive and easy to use.

Reasons for switching to Guru

We need a day more engaging way to notify internal users. The pricing was also more affordable.

Rob

Industry: Renewables & Environment

The Company Brain

Guru helps us get new hires up to speed quickly and helps our fast growing organization keep everyone on the same page. Stops interruptions and the frustration of trying to find the right and most recent information. Solves the huge timezone challenges with teams working globally and it is impossible to connect to head office easily.

Pros

There is lots to like in this knowledge management platform. New hires absolutely love being able to find the information then need and trust it once they have found it. 1) Ease of use: Integration with GSuite and a Chrome extension make it easy to find and create content 2) Great search function and AI 3) Validation of information so users know what they are reading is current.

Cons

layout tools of the individual cards is a bit weak. It has an export to PDF function that we will never use because you can't create nice looking cards.

Jonathan

Saves time for support, sales, and onboarding

I was introduced to Guru at the Elevate Summit conference, and my team has enjoyed it ever since. Our sales and support team rely on it heavily for saved responses to common issues and questions, and for communicating existing issues or procedures. We also use it for "tribal knowledge" which has made it much easier to onboard new hires. Overall, this tool has saved my team time and nurtured communication between ourselves and with our own selves from the past!

Pros

+ Easy, fast search for information through Chrome browser extension + Integration with Slack makes sharing or creating cards a breeze

Cons

- Verifying cards becomes daunting if you don't regularly groom the knowledge base

Todd

June 2022

Sharing knowledge with new colleagues is so easy with Guru!

Guru allows us to onboard new staff relatively quickly and to share solutions to help new employees get a grasp on our work tools faster, and to troubleshoot their issues quickly, which is essential for a remote workforce where everyone works from home!

Pros

Guru provides us a "wiki-" type of solution, where the team can collaborate on knowledge management and provide valuable information for the team to use on a regular basis. The best part of Guru is the integration with Slack, making it fast and easy to search and bring up relevant Guru cards, and even share and post the same cards!

Cons

It was difficult to find a solution to provide limited access to consumers in our team who only needed to receive and read information rather than contribute to knowledge management, however the Guru team was able to help set up an affordable solution.

Works well when properly utalized

Pros

Guru is a great software if it is properly monitored and maintained. It is convenient and quick and helps a lot on customer calls and sales calls.

Cons

There is a lot of outdated information that our team relies on others to keep maintained. At no fault of Guru's but an issue that is bound to come up.

Response from Guru

Hi Daniel, Thank you for the feedback. We're happy to hear your customer-facing teams are finding Guru helpful! We're dedicated to building features that make it easy for companies to keep information fresh. Our product team is always interested in hearing feedback like this to help inform potential product improvements, so please consider sharing more details in our Community at https://community.getguru.com/ideas

Replied November 2021

Emile

Guru lets you stay informed

Really useful. Especially after changing roles at a company, and having a lot of questions, it saves you and your colleagues time being able to search for your questions and answers, without having to actually take time to ask someone. Super streamlined. And again, the UI is very nice and makes using the software very enjoyable.

Pros

I love the user interface--it is perfect and I love easy-to-use software. Moreover, it is extremely intuitive with figuring out how to use the app and pull information from it. We use it as a source of information, where we can ask questions amongst the team, and where other teammates can answer these questions. It is highly collaborative in that sense.

Cons

So far, I have not used it long enough to notice any issues or qualities that I dislike about Guru. I will say that the search feature could be slightly improved--when the list is generated after the search, it cold be more organized? BUt really, this is minor, and I have not experienced anything bad yet.

Jack

Great place to centralize information

It's been fantastic. We used to have information stored in a few different places so it was always difficult finding the information you needed. Now that everything is stored in Guru, it's made my job 10x easier.

Pros

Guru has been great. This is where our organization holds all of our sales material for one-pagers, client information, competitor information, etc. and is extremely easy to pull up information.

Cons

Our company is fairly newer to Guru so it is going to take time for us to build up the information that we will store in there. People have to manually create cards so it can be a lengthy process for certain material.

Wasi

May 2022

Being Guru

Pros

The best thing I like about this software is that it has a great UI design.

Cons

The worst thing about this software is that it has very low competition and many scammers

Julie

Guru is Essential for Remote Work

Guru has truly been a lifesaver for us, and has been so successful in our department that our entire company is now moving their knowledge bases to this platform. It is really easy to use and customize and organize, and I would recommend it to any company needing a centralized platform to hold information.

Pros

Guru is unbelievably easy to use and makes remote work a breeze. I cannot imagine training or being trained remotely without the use of this software. One of the things I love as an administrator is the ability for my team to make comments and ask questions on the Guru cards themselves. It helps me to update our resources in real-time. Another thing I love is that Guru will send a weekly digest that includes any unanswered questions, and a list of cards that need to be verified. Having reminders of this verification schedule ensures that we (the administrators) update any policy changes ASAP.

Cons

The only hesitancy that my team has around this software is that once you have made a comment or asked a question on Guru, it is permanent and cannot be erased. Often, people will use a different channel to ask questions around Guru cards because they don't want to ask a "silly" question and have that record there for all to see. I personally find all of those questions to be helpful in making our cards as easy to find and follow as possible, but I see why some might be shy to leave a permanent mark in the knowledge base.

Guru fit our support team's needs perfectly!

I lead the effort to find a solution for our internal documentation and researched many options. Guru stood out from the others by a long shot. As soon as we tried it we knew we couldn't live without it. Our support team adopted it and pretty soon the developers were on board too. "There's a Guru card for that!" is a common saying in our office now when someone asks a question. Really couldn't live without this now.

Pros

Guru cards put the information we need right where we need it. We use the Chrome extension and we can access our cards while still looking at our ticket. The "cards" idea was genius as we tend to drop all sorts of information in them that we wouldn't bother to put in a document. And having to assign owners and verify the information on a schedule solved a problem that was killing us in our old system.

Cons

I was I could uncouple a card from the dropdown list that the Chrome extension displays and move it around my screen so I could see what's underneath.

Gabriella

Great tool for storing useful knowledge tools!

We use it to store our policies and procedures. Users can check here for updated info and remind themselves on a specific policy. If they need to they can star the card for future reference and leave comments to gain clarity.

Pros

Makes it easy for us to keep an information database for our staff to access on demand. It’s easy for admins to add edits and also allows users to comment and tag themselves in information that may need updating.

Cons

Nothing, it provides everything we would require in an info database and more. We switched from a different software for its ability to allow users to track and comment on cards

Amazing Business Knowledge App

It really helps me quite my teammates quite educated on what's new in the company and this saves a LOT of of talking or explaining. I'm really glad Guru exists.

Pros

Cons

The last update make the whole page a bit slower and the side menu is a bit crammy. The search tool speed was never great either. And the most complicated of all is the card text editor – when it sticks to a certain format, forget it, you are never going to be able work around unless you delete it all. It's really a pain when you need to edit already existing cards. Oh, the Chrome extension is not really responsive and also quite slow. I ended up removing it and sticking with the site instead.

GURU changes everything

Pros

Seamless: Guru fit right into our company needs seamlessly. We needed a centralized and organized hub for company and product knowledge and we able to, within a couple weeks, deploy it to everyone in the company. Company-wide Adoption: Everyone in the company uses GURU, from the CEO down to the sales team and support reps. We've reduced white noise and chatter in Slack by creating an easy way to access cross-team knowledge and specific/esoteric knowledge. Chrome Extension: The Chrome Extension cranks up this software to an 11. Having quick info at your fingertips to use on the fly for phone calls is incredibly useful. Ease of Use: Navigation, the UI/UX, the card editor, organization is all incredibly well thought out and put together. I see small improvements are still ongoing, but it all points towards the same goal of increasing product use and adoption. I've yet to be disappointed with feature deployment from GURU.

Cons

Too many cooks in the kitchen: One of the things I've already seen in the past few months is what I call "too many cooks in the kitchen" syndrome. GURU allows you to set up product experts and card "verifiers" which allows for someone else in the organization to sign off that the GURU card you created contains accurate information. However, sometimes there are too many competing voices to sign off on that card with different ideas and expectations for what should be inside of that card. We are still creating documentation for what information we want to house inside of GURU cards and it is coming along. This is just one thing to be careful of; who controls the knowledge; who controls access to that knowledge?

kevin

Knowledge Management Software on the rise

So far I've been enjoying this tool and have found my productivity had significantly improved.

Pros

It's so easy to use and to adopt with all of your everyday tools.

Cons

Hard to say, but I think allowing some form of customization at the user level would be an added bonus.

Anamta

Became a Guru of Freelancing

I loved using Guru.

Pros

Guru is a wonderful freelancing site that welcomes all kinds and levels of skill.To start your career ,if you have lesser skills or you don't feel yourself ready for too big projects but you have the courage and enthusiasm to implement your skills irrespective of what extent you have learned it and you want to earn and polish your skills at the same time so Guru is for you. It doesn't mean that you wouldn't find high skilled task at Guru, for sure it will be present there and you can showcase your high levelled skills there as well but the best part that I like the most is there are several other freelancing site present on internet but if you are some one new you wouldn't find any opportunity to learn and work but Guru provides this facility to you also thousands of projects belongings to different skill set has been posted and you can find your desired job there also it is an amazing site for employer ,they can get all varieties of people with different charges so they can get their work done by those job seekers at the best possible price. the whole procedure of making profile, finding jobs is quite easy and it is really user friendly also if you want to avail some top priority so you can easily get that through small payments on Guru.In a nutshell it is a desired platform.

Cons

Sometime some frauds can also be expected from employee and employee side so you need to be careful about that otherwise good to go.

Johnny

Everything you need to know in one place.

Pros

I love that you can search the software for knowledge tips. I love that you can narrow your search by category as well.

Cons

There's not much I would improve with this software.

Jeremy