Issuetrak Software Reviews

Find out more:

Recommendations

FrontRunners 2020

Find out more:

• icon"It has excellent tools for order control, it is a great help for the company's logistic department, it is easy to use and very customizable."
  • icon"It's super easy to use and extremely functional. Whenever we need assistance with something, the support team is super helpful and fast."
  • icon"They are constantly listening and improving the software which is wonderful to keeping up with change."
  • icon"Whenever I have a problem, which is rarely, the fix is quick. The only time I can't relax is when the site goes down, occasionally, usually a server problem."
  • icon"Occasional problems with KB articles not being editable after creation."

All Issuetrak Reviews

Valery

Very good experience, but not excellent. Does a fantastic job at what it's supposed to do.

Resolves the complexity of tracking issues.

Pros

Quick, simple, and has plenty of features. Allows for precise control over each issue. Very responsive interface. Has fantastic customer support.

Cons

Development seems to be a bit slow on adding features, Short Term is set as within a year, which is of course reasonable, but Short Term is more like two weeks sprint, but that's personal opinion and experience.

Alexander

Tracking 23 Organizations at Once

Very positive. This is the thing that keeps us moving. I was with this company a decade ago before Issuetrak and recently came back as a manager. Let me tell you, this software has revolutionized our technical department.

Pros

Data tracking, hands down. I can research past issues with confidence. It takes a bit of management to keep people from being lazy when entering tickets, but when all the information is there this becomes a very powerful tool that can be used to track day to day problems, but it can also compile them over years to see larger trends that otherwise would have gone unnoticed. It also helps me and others cover our bases and provide evidence to either support or refute vague claims that otherwise would be anecdotal in nature.

Cons

The search function can, at times, can feel clunky. It's not bad, but if you are asking me to pick nits here, this would be it. One annoyance is searching users, where I have to pick between active or non-active. I don't know why I can't search both at the same time, which would speed up my process. Also it seems like the main search tool at the top could be a little more robust. I almost never come up with anything useful out of it as I think it only looks at subject line searches. When searching names or terms often times the search gets confused by one letter or capital difference. I feel like to be truly effective the search function could have more intelligence (speaking from a place of not knowing at all how that works). This is not a con, but in my opinion the mobile settings are not sufficient for use on the phone. As we move further and further remote in our jobs, it would be very handy to have an Issuetrak app. A dedicated mobile device application that is not through the web browser would elevate this experience ten fold if done properly. As of right now I use Issuetrak almost exclusively on my PC, but I could see the benefits of a mobile experience, keeping notifications within the app and reducing email accumulation. Right now I basically ignore Issuetrak when traveling, and it would be wonderful if this didn't have to be the case.

Justin

2.5

September 2015

Horrible for anything but canned actions

Pros

Small footprint on server and runs on Windows. We didn't have to install some appliance or other modified Linux variation to get the software up and running. Able to leverage our existing SQL and IIS servers when needed.

Cons

Functionality, they claim it is highly flexible and has workflow but there is no logic short of a yes no response system. The flexibility for any department outside of a single use is frustrating and process automation only really sends notifications there is no automation but instead reporting of when you completed something. Simple workflow related tasks are non-existent such as creating a new issue to handle a flow item, this causes you to have to try and include all outcomes for a workflow item.

Richard

Great product and amazing support. IssueTrak Support is always just a phone call away.

Asset management, Helpdesk ticketing solution, Auditing assets to verify software updates are complete, Reporting, Surveys, a good all around solution that is customize-able and affordable.

Pros

Easy customize-able solution for tracking issues, assets, billing, and surveys. Pricing setup so that you can pick which features you need and can really customize to suit the needs of your organization. Anytime I find something I feel IssueTrak can improve on or do better they are always there to listen and have a community of IssueTrak users to really listen to their customers. They go above and beyond in this area truly and are a pleasure to work with.

Cons

Not able to Scan/Audit Non-Windows devices (luckily for us that is a minor detail). Locations are a little weird for a single site location such as an educational institution but it works. Just takes a bit of learning how the system functions.

Jeromy

Issuetrak for SaaS Customer Support Management

Our overall experience with Issuetrak has been wonderful. It enables our teams to focus on development and management while providing full-service support to our customers.

Pros

As a medium sized business developing and maintaining Software as a Service application for Federal, State, and Local governments, our ability to leverage Issuetrak as a full-fledged issue ticket management and help desk system is critical to our operations. Our customers appreciate the full-service ticketing system and feel they're being treated professionally.

Cons

Issuetrak has a definite learning curve. Because of its high extensibility and customization, it is very easy to get lost in the options. However, Issuetrak trainers and support personnel are extremely helpful and quick to respond.

Jason

May 2022

It's like having a swiss army knife for business management

Pros

Issuetrak has a great workflow, with easy to set up templates, this allows us to manage requests in a timely manner and get tickets assigned to the correct person and closed in a reasonable amount of time.

Cons

It does time you out rather quickly, it would be nice to be able to keep it open and not have t keep signing in every time I need to respond to a ticket

Response from Issuetrak

Jason, thanks for the review! We're so glad that Issuetrak has helped you manage requests. We also want to let you know that you can control the session timeout setting! If you are a Cloud customer, you should be able to do this yourself. To set the user session timeout, enter a value (in minutes) for the Session Timeout setting. (Note that this value must be less than the MVC application pool's recycle time in IIS.) If you are using Issuetrak on-premises, this is controlled by your own administrators. If we can help you any further, please don't hesitate to email Support!

Replied July 2022

Erin

Perfect Tool

We would have a more difficult time with communication with our clients without this central tool for our business.

Pros

Integration into our business was very easy. It is a perfect tool to manage issues when there are many irons in the fire and many people that are involved. It is a perfect tool to know exactly what is going on with our clients at any time. Including issues from years ago that may have become relevant again.

Cons

In our experience the report creator is not as intuitive when creating reports. There is certain information we are wanting and the view is not available.

Lynn

Workflow System

Pros

It's a good workflow product and is a temporary electronic storage system for our files

Cons

Want to be able to customize it more. Need to be able to rename attachments and easily merge them to another issue. Would also like to pick and choose attachments when emailing from the issue.

Luanne

Industry: Public Safety

Issuetrak Application review

I have had very positive experiences with support for application development\training to support. Very fast in getting questions\issues resovled.

Pros

Ease of adding work orders and tracking what has been submitted.

Cons

Admin features are sometimes hard to find a component where you want to add or edit an option

Valerie

Issuetrak

I was introduced to it over a year ago, and found it to be very useful.

Pros

Issuetrack is easy to use and it does what we need.

Cons

I like all aspects of Issuetrack. It keeps me on point with customer issues.

King

IssueTrak has allowed me to document and resolve IT requests in a timely manner.

When I was hired as an IT Tech Support for Old Wisconsin Sausage, I was told that all IT requests for assistance was done through email and phone calls. They did not have a ticket system set up for users to submit tickets. This forced me to prioritize and document multiple requests using Microsoft Excel and other applications to help me stay organized. I had many instances of where I would be on my way to assist a user, only to be stopped in the hallway by another user requesting my assistance. I would feel obligated to assist the user in the hallway, because customer service is something I am passionate about and couldn't say no. Other times there was a higher priority that needed my immediate attention, the user I was assisting at the moment could not understand why I was leaving to assist another user when I did not resolve their issue first. IssueTrak has eliminated many of the miscommunication and created a more standardized operating procedures for me. It has allowed me to stay connected with my end users by following up on the many IT requests. IssueTrak is a tool I use daily to deliver excellent customer service in a timely manner. It helps me stay organized and has given my end users confidence that their submitted issues are a priority for me to resolve. When I use IssueTrak, I feel that it helps me go above and beyond for my end users. It's a great software that I will be using for along time. The many features and benefits are plentiful.

Pros

The customization that IssueTrak offers has allowed me to create a "user friendly" software for my end users to submit issue requests. It gives me options to create forms that makes sense to what end users are requesting assistance with. The "quick pick" options allows the user to submit requests just as fast and quickly as sending out an email or calling for assistance. I also like the "Menu Option" that allows me to add internal web applications that our end users use on a daily basis. This allows end users to use IssueTrak as a centralized hub to access internal company files, applications, etc.

Cons

Ability to add more than one column on the "submit " page -- This will allow for seeing the whole screen instead of scrolling down. I have used IssueTrak's User Voice feedback website to make suggestions, but it doesn't seem like any of these suggestions are taken into consideration. I've seen many great suggestions submitted 1-2 years ago by other IssueTrak customers and users only to see a feedback of "Received (Under Review)" Please allow or give us the option to add more columns to the submit page. In my opinion it has a very organized and clean look to the interface. The Menu Option is a great feature, but it would be great if we can have certain sites that only a particular group or user can only see. For example, sites that will pertain to certain departments, Human Resource, I.T., Maintenance, etc. As of right now, any department or group can see these sites set up in IssueTrak. Give us the ability to restrict the sites to certain groups.

Chad

Time used: Free Trial

March 2015

Maillie Review of cloud base issuetrak - Chad Mohr

Before I was hired, Maillie was using no help desk software at all. We are a 100 person small accounting firm. I came from a 400 person pharma company in which I used and configured 4 help desk software before. I have used before Remedy, HP service center, Cherwell, Lifetime, and Frontrange ITSM. I am ITIL v3 certified and this product helps follow some of the ITIL methodologies. We trialed 8 hd systems. I deployed IssueTrak cloud to Maillie at end of Sept 2014. Our employees are gravitating to the system, we now average about 200 issues a month. The pros are:-easy setup/configuration. I did our company configuration needs in about 2 weeks, with the setup of mostly issue types and subtypes. The setup training was easy to follow and I didn't need all the hours. I revisited the hours when I was ready to make templates/forms for things like New Hire Requests. Sync to AD worked after you get the certificate loaded properly. We are using the asset trackpc.exe which pulls from a batch file at login the client and server machines info. Reports have been easy to generate and export to excel. We use tasks for access approval, software request, hardware request and change control. We now know who is approving it and when. Creating a kb article from a ticket is easy. Escalating an issues to a global issue and then linking issues to that global is very easy and it closes and updates notes with any modifications from that global issue. IssueTrak Support has been quick, effective and easy to talk to. I can tell IssueTrak invests money and time into their product they do take suggestions from their clients. The Cons are: sometimes a lot of windows get opened and then it's difficult to find screen you need. Everything works downwards on the page, the more fields you add the lengthier it gets. Be nice if you could just make fields go in open spaces on the page. When submitting an issue you should fill it out from top to bottom because if you have any custom screens, it changes the screen and fields below then are wiped.IE settings have to be set to show content. If two people have the same issue open, the last save takes presidents. Devices that cannot run trackpc.exe need to be entered. When submitting an issue, it would be nice if it automatically suggested a kb and not have to click the KB link which takes you away. OVERALL, I am very pleased with IssueTrak and I would recommend it to anyone because it makes configuring, deploying and using hd software easier.

Response from Issuetrak

Chad, Great product review. Regarding the request to have IssueTrak automatically suggest a KB solution....I've seen that functionality demonstrated in a recent developers meeting. Just saying.... Customer feedback really does help define the product. Thanks again, Tony

Replied April 2015

Tom

Industry: Oil & Energy

Robustness in an Affordable Package

I have been using Issuetrak now for about 5 years. Until recently I only used it for managing tasks for my manufacturing group. I wanted them to be able to have a place that flowed their work on non-repetitive tasks. What I found however went way beyond my original expectations. Issuetrak has used the customer's voice to evolve over the last few years. It has made itself more user-friendly, more adaptable, and more relevant to industries that aren't traditional help desks. We have taken those improvements, and have put in place a system the helps us manage the workflow of IT, Engineering, Accounting, Manufacturing, Customer Service and even our sales force. We have been able to create customized tools and screens that consolidate or data in one location. Whether it is requests for engineering change orders, travel documentation and reporting for our field service technicians, customer support of sales quoting, or quote to shipment of customer orders. We seem to find new ways to use it everyday. I could go on and on, but suffice it to say for the price, this gem is amazing. I recommend it to anyone who will listen, and I look forward to the new ways Issuetrak will morph to support its users. Keep up the outstanding work!!!! Tom Moss General Manager Columbia Industries LLC

Pros

Flexible Adaptable User-friendly

Cons

The screens could still use some work to make them completely custom. While some fields may need to be mandatory, it would be nice if they didn't need to show on the issue itself.

Biswa

Love to recommend IssueTrak!

Well, they say it right! you've got issues. Keep track of them with IssueTrak. it is a standard ITIL driven application with user-friendly interface to track Issues for your organization or your customers. That's not end of it. It has standard and functionalities like Reports, Asset Management, Quick pick and Recurring Issues etc. which will make your life easier. It's not an high-end application though I guess small or mid sized organization will find it suitable. The best thing I like about IssueTrak that it captures labor hours of users, at each transaction, at each updates, at the end of day you can create a report and calculate how many hours you or your team had spent in a work or issues or projects etc. Isn't that interesting? I would love to recommend to anyone. Thanks IssueTrak!

Pros

Quick pick, Recurring Issues, Reports, Note captures Labor hours.

Cons

It's slow. Email notification setup gets bug sometimes. It lacks in connecting different modules like Organization, Users and Issue Type. Like you can not see what are the issue types supported by the organization if you are at the organization page. You can not add/remove groups from user if you are at the user page.

Alisa

Features and Functionality

One of the features that i currently have an issue with is the integration of O365. We spent hours with your technicians and still couldn't get the issue fixed from over two years ago. Hoping an upgrade to version 10.1 will remedy the situation. Your Survey feature needs to be a little less bland! My company would LOVE to use this more but overall our survey takers find them boring. Give us the option to add more designs, more fonts...just more of everything! And please change the survey result display...gosh add some graphs or piecharts...please!

Pros

ease of use entering tickets

Cons

survey needs work need the ability to integrate o365

Response from Issuetrak

Thank you for your feedback, Alisa. Recent improvements to the Incoming Email feature should alleviate the issues you encountered previously. I encourage you to contact our support team at your earliest convenience so they can assist you with the process. They can be reached at +1 (757) 213-1351 M-F 7am-8pm (ET/GMT-5). Regarding your feedback on our Survey module, we take all suggestions seriously and review customer feedback when evaluating future product enhancements. If you have additional feedback you'd like to recommend, we utilize UserVoice to collect and track community submitted ideas for Issuetrak. It can be accessed at https://issuetrak.uservoice.com.

Replied February 2017