IT Glue Software Reviews

IT Glue Software Reviews

Find out more:

Find out more:

• icon"Every single thing, it is absolutely amazing and easy to use. If you have a lot of clients you can add them by business and add details for them."
  • icon"A lot of API support with 3rd party applications."
  • icon"When it comes to maintaining the most important information for your clients, IT Glue is perfect."
  • icon"Per user license and Enterprise version is very costly."
  • icon"The apps needs a little work since I have to log in almost every time and touch ID is hit or miss."
  • icon"With so many options for storing documentation, it can sometimes be difficult to quickly find the information you need."

Browse all IT Glue Reviews

• Have you used IT Glue and would like to share your experience with others?

Randal

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

Time is money and because this saves time...it makes us money

Nathan

ITGlue has transformed our ability to accurately document our clients' IT infrastructure.

Pros

The ability to tag different items and configurations within ITGlue allows us to document all of the impacted components in an IT system. For example, we can document the virtualization environment for a client by tagging the physical hypervisors, the virtualization license, the VMs that are hosted on the hypervisors, the credentials used to access the hypervisors and the virtualization environment, etc. This has greatly reduced the time needed to support our clients. I also like the integrations with ConnectWise and Kaseya.

Cons

There isn't much that I can say about ITGlue that is negative. I would like the ability to export a runbook for a client into PDF. I know they are working on this feature but it isn't available yet.

Patrick

IT Glue, a great product

Software product is amazing, the people that we deal with are amazing. We cannot say the same with regards to the subscription/billing system, whilst claiming to be a Cloud Product, with Cloud Flexibility, Billing flexibility after the changing from IT Glue to Kaseya is a very bad experience.

Pros

Flexibility of the product, Run Books and Password handling.

Cons

Cannot complain on anything with regards to the software.

Reasons for choosing IT Glue

3 years ago, when we decided to go for the product, IT Glue had a better interface, more functionality and delivered better reports for customers. Today IT Boost, in my opinion, is at par with IT Glue.

Reasons for switching to IT Glue

The product delivers what it states in an easy manner and very easy to learn.

Vania

Industry: Oil & Energy

September 2022

All your documentation in one place

I came from a company that used encrypted spreadsheets in combination with OneNote to my current company who uses IT glue. I immediately recommended this product to my previous co-workers. It such a great tool for keep everything organized.

Pros

I love the organization that is setup with this software. All of my passwords, switch configurations, static ip addresses, vendor contacts, KB articles, etc. in one place!

Cons

My company is considering other products because this is on the pricier side and we are up for renewal.

Vinson

Good product, but greedy company and pushy sales people

Pros

The flexible asset system helps you tailor the experience to your individual needs - the default templates were good but being able to easily customize them made them better. The audit log is helpful for seeing changes made in the system and is useful when an employee leaves, so you know what passwords need to be changed. If configured properly, the Chrome extension saves time when logging into various websites. Lots of integrations with PSA/RMM systems.

Cons

The company has filled a niche in the MSP market for documentation. They don't have many competitors. As such, they use this as an excuse to price gouge their customers and provide customer service that basically says "if you don't like us, good luck finding another product". They boast how they are constantly "upgrading and adding new features". What they fail to say is these new features are only added to their most expensive subscription plan (Enterprise) - which for smaller companies is completely overkill. The most requested feature for the last 5 years, Runbooks, was finally added and made Enterprise level only. This is the only way to neatly export your companies data out of their system in an easy to read and organized format - feels like a hostage situation to me. They like to pretend like the Basic/Select plans don't exist, and even went as far as trying to trick me into signing up through a link that was configured to Enterprise subscription when I specifically stated I was only interested in Basic. The "onboarding fee" is just a money grab. I did not feel I got my "money worth" when onboarding - they just sent me some youtube videos to watch. We use the software at our company because we needed the service it provided, which it does well. But as for the company itself, I am less than pleased. If there were better options, I probably would have chosen differently.

Mike

October 2022

Solid Documentation Platform, Always Delivers

Overall it's an extremely solid platform to work in. Support has been great when needed. Once it has been set up, its very easy to navigate and work in.

Pros

I like the integrations with different PSA tools and the ability to build SOPs within the application itself.

Cons

The price is a little spendy, but it's worth it for what it provides. There is a slight learning curve when setting up new customers and getting the integrations to work.

William

The best on the market but could still use improvement

does the core requirements very well, but could use some QOL improvements. Please start implementing the customer wish list

Pros

the best thought out adaptation at linking documentation together. An amazing tool for smaller environments.

Cons

Definitely some growing pains for large environments. The ability to bulk update items is nearly non-existent without utilizing the api to script changes. The API is also missing some key features to allow automation around setting expiration dates for items

Reasons for choosing IT Glue

better csv import and a step ahead all around

IT Documentation and credential management

Pros

Easily handle large amounts of customer documentation, credentials, and other IT information. Our customer accounts are automatically added by integration with our CRM, further reducing time spent on data entry. Credentials for new clients are easy to import.

Cons

There have been a couple of outages which affected our business the the past few years, but overall service is highly reliable. As with any online service you should have an offline backup kept up to date just in case.

Reasons for choosing IT Glue

Ease of integration with Autotask and Kaseya, making new client setups take zero time at all.

Gary

Essential For Security

Life working at a MSP is made 10x easier with a product like IT Glue. Gone are the days of keeping passwords on pen and paper. Welcome to the 21st century!

Pros

IT Glue has made organizing and updating client information an absolute dream. There hasn't been a single day that has passed that I haven't used this to help us manage our client PC's and access the important servers and computers we need to keep track of with the password management IT Glue offers. Can't recommend it enough!

Cons

The sheer amount of features available can feel a little convoluted sometimes. I also think there could be some work done on the UI for navigation, but that's definitely the least of my concerns with this platform.

IT Glue - Still the best but losing ground

We been using IT Glue for a few year and it was good for our needs then, but are ,moving away to a competitor in 2019, due to the Cons noted.

Pros

It is the most feature rich Documentation/Password Manger on the market, That is very mature in the market and heavily used by MSP's

Cons

The Password manager is lacking allot of features we reacquire for control/Management. There no integration really to share the passwords with other software. The encryption and security of the SaaS offering is higher risk then I would like due to the use of a single encryption key for encrypting all data, this also give IT glue employees ability to access customers data.

Luca

May 2022

Enterprise documentation management software

Definitely outstanding, I couldn't do without it anymore. I think it is an essential tool for those who work in the IT field.

Pros

I liked two things, the first that I find all the information quickly and in one location. Second that there is also the App for the phone

Cons

I I did not find anything negative. The product meets all our needs. Much improved from the first years when I used it

December 2021

Excellent bit of software for all your managed password needs

Pros

It's accessible from anywhere. Password and information are secure. It has the option to copy passwords without actually viewing them (eg if you're in the public and don't want to reveal your password). It can be integrated with other apps such as O365 (useful for linking user information, see how many unused licenses there are etc).

Cons

The only thing I'd like to see is the ability to set a pop up notification or reminder. You can set tasks but you have to go in to view them, there isn't an option to set reminder notifications / pop ups as yet.

Ben

IT Data Locker

Pros

IT Glue is very secure and has features to connect related documents and passwords conveniently. User security is high and clean.

Cons

The search bar tool is pretty strange if you don't type in the right exact phrases or keywords, it's tricky to find your document. Having a more forgiving search feature would improve this software.

halion

September 2022

works well and integrates with many items

beyond searching, the integrations with different system makes documenting many things easy

Pros

it works very well, rarely any down time, can also share with clients limited permissions

Cons

searching via search sucks, when putting items inside folders it makes things hard to find

This software launched our company into an age of Better documentation

Pros

What this really has going for it is the ability to link items, a SOP can be linked to other procedures and documents allowing you to hand off documentation and have all the related materials linked to the one Item. I also like that their team does not seem to be resting on the product as it is, there are continual improvements and exciting things roadmapped for the future.

Cons

The platform lacks the ability to archive passwords that are no longer in play for former employees and the like. This has been on the community wishlist for quite some time with no indication of when or if it will be released. Another gripe is that core things in the software change FREQUENTLY without any prior warning explanation. Some of the changes have left me scratching my head as to what possible benefit or reason there is to changing things? So I find myself relearning certain aspects of how to use the software which can be particularly frustrating when trying to get through a work day.

Randy

Easy Use

Over this product is a game changer with the kind of data that we have to track and keep up with.

Pros

Software is easy to get around in and find things as long as you take the time to set things up correctly that works for you

Cons

Some times the searches are a little slow, but not all the time.

Reasons for switching to IT Glue

Looking for something with better features

Joel

Overall disappointed

It is regrettable that there is so little competition in this area. Because of this the product is expensive and the service poor. If there were more options we likely would have gone with a different solution. Hopefully there will be other players in the game by the time our agreement is up. Overall, we are disappointed in the value of this product.

Pros

The main feature of the product is document storage and it does this well. For storing configurations about your client's technology, expiries and passwords, I do give it high marks. The permissions are very granular so you are able to allow many users (and even clients) appropriate access. Whatever information you have for your client, there is a spot to store it. The offer a lot of integrations with RMMs, PSAs and other IT vendors.

Cons

The granular permissions come at the cost of a learning curve in understanding how the permissions work. IT Glue tries to incorporate a lot of functionality to make it a more useful and all-in-one tool, but much of the functionality is just not good. For example, you can create checklists that can be reused on different sites but it is very basic. We use Process St for checklists and couldn't imagine moving to such an inferior product for a bit of convenience. The password manager is about where other mainstream password managers were 10 years ago. We were embarrassed to offer it to our clients. The website is not aesthetically pleasing and the app has only limited functionality. I have found the customer support to be terrible.

Reasons for switching to IT Glue

We had heard about how great IT Glue was from our research but the high-cost kept us away. We looked at alternatives but found nothing comparable. Finally we decided to go ahead, based on reviews and IT Glue marketing. Particularly, the MyGlue product (designed for client use) was a big reason we bought, as we felt it was a tool we could use and even monetize in our client base. Unfortunately, that product was a very big disappointment.

Randal

Time is money and because this saves time...it makes us money

At first, it was hard to see a business case for implementing this product, as we used Evernote and we were fairly well organized, but with the addition of new employees, it became clear that more was needed. Once you go through the training and understand the concept of standardization, the tool magically unlocks its powers. You find information easily, and we can categorize information in a way that makes sense for us. Because it's a tool we use constantly throughout our day, the price was a no-brainer and fully get value for the small investment. Time is money, therefore saving time is allowing us to do more, in our day.

Pros

Access to credentials is easy and painless. The RunBook export was really amazing and well laid out. It made us look very professional.

Cons

The Mobile App is not very user friendly. It also does not show all information of the full product, but good when in a jam.

Elias