• Pros

• "I like the easy of use and most of all It never fails to deliver a message, Great UX and full of features"

• "It's so easy to use, totally reliable and customer service is just great and proactive"

• "I love the mobile app, it's really easy to use and you can change the sound of the alert. It help us really good for alerts"

• Cons

• "No real dislikes -- the dashboard is a little overwhelming at first, but the feature set is great once you get used to the navigation."

• "Needs some more options around scheduling on-call rotations and notification policies for how we use it. Android app can also use some refinement."

• "Difficult to get started, however, the the complexity pays off when trying to customize it."

Browse Opsgenie Reviews

Fernando from Osigu

A most have

I've been a loyal customer of OpsGenie for almost three years now and I like to product so much that I wrote an integration with spring-boot-admin a year ago that now is used by many others. really great product

Pros

Cons

I would like to have notification rules for how and when to receive some sort of events right now there is only one way of doing this but, that is something that would be ok to have but I'm very happy with the product

Finally a tool that lets you easily organise your on-call team

So far so good, I've tested the call and sms alerts and they've worked as expected. I'm excited to see how this benefits the team in the long run.

Pros

For years we have been running an in house on call team, up until discovering opsegenie this was a very basic on-call rota with a shared mobile number Opsgenie allows us to setup much more complex on-call rotas, with on call management and escalations, meaning alerts and on-call calls should rarely get missed. While I've yet to fully integrate all core system alerts, it looks like it can integrate with pretty much everything. The free tier seems extremely generous considering everything it offers

Cons

It's going to be quite time consuming to setup alerts from everything you want to monitor, but that's not the fault of opsegenie It took a little time to work out how to input the rota schedule for staff, this was down to me learning how to use the system, but I think the UI could be improved in that area to make it more clear

Phil from TRC Healthcare

Industry: Publishing

OpsGenie is a no-brainer

We use OpsGenie to collect messages from multiple endpoints and manage rules for alerting. Basically our pager duty. Also use the Heartbeats feature for missed execution monitoring.

Pros

The pricing came in below Pagerduty by quite a bit and the features were much more plentiful. Really like the Heartbeats feature.

Cons

I really don't have anything negative to say. It's been an excellent experience with the product since day 1. Any (minor) troubles I've had turned out to be something I was doing wrong.

Informational

Great product .great value

Pros

Easy usage. Good interface. Lot of info I'm one screen

Cons

Renewal process is nor simple. You need to improve the process.

Juan Carlos from Rappi

Incident response and monitoring

Overall my experience has been very good. We use OpsGenie all the time, and it's a critical part of our monitoring stack.

Pros

OpsGenie is very flexible, and relatively simple to setup. You can get up and running in just a few minutes, or you can spend days customizing the setup to match your teams/policies/services. Their customer support is really helpful and will help you get set up quickly. They are constantly releasing useful features (e.g. post-mortem analysis, video conference, etc).

Cons

The onboarding process and best practices are not obvious and require some tinkering to figure out (e.g. best way to structure teams, alerts/incident templates, etc.). A guided onboarding and a best practices document would be really helpful for first timers.

Bharath from CDK Global

its a nice a tools which can be configured as per your requirement and needs

stay up to date with the infra issues

Pros

--easy to configure or customise notification as per your requirement --The GUI is very simple and self explanatory

Cons

when we change the mobile frequently then all the previously used mobile pile up in the configurations which causes issue later (I was not able to get the alerts since it was sending the alerts to the old mobile )...I had to delete the old mobiles from the web console to fix the issue

Adam from WATCH Communications

OpsGenie is more like an Ops Miracle Worker

Our issue was reliably alerting our staff of equipment warnings and outages. OpsGenie gives us the ability to not only send notifications, but see who received them, who responded, and escalate based on a number of factors to make sure that someone, somewhere is getting the alerts.

Pros

The ability to customize how events are handled is amazing. For example, our Nagios instance sends alerts to OpsGenie, but depending on host name or group that it is in, we can have staff get a phone call in addition to app notification for critical things.

Cons

Honestly we haven't really hit anything that we didn't like. We ran into a hiccup with a bug in the Nagios integration but the OpsGenie support staff were very helpful and quick at fixing the bug.

Evgeny from Ethoca

My experience with OpsGenie

The only problem we are solving with OpsGenie is reliable delivery of all alerts to our support team. This problem may sound 'easy to do' but in reality is quite complex and OpsGenie delivers perfectly well on this.

Pros

1. It works. 2. It works well. 3. Very friendly interface at both desktop and mobile versions. 4. Outstanding flexibility in configuration. 5. API is well documented and easy to use.

Cons

Not really a problem but I could not find how to list all 'tags' ever used by me/my colleagues.

Constanza from Mercado Libre

Great incident management software

Pros

I like that Opsgenie has a lot of customization for the alerts of incidents. You can choose where to receive an alert (your phone, your email, as a text message, as an alert on the app) and also the time between one alert and another. I think this is very usefull because sometimes one alert is enough, but other times you need more than one. Another thing I like from opsgenie is that you can override schedules very easy, just clicking the name of the person you want to override and then you can override the full schedule or some hours if you want. I personally use override very often so I like that you can do it on the web or in the app, but I prefer the web for this.

Cons

One thing that I don't like is that on the iPhone app if you silence the phone the notifications doesn't sound. It would be great that Opsgenie has an option to sound alerts in silent mode. Because at night I want my phone to be silenced but opsgenie must sound!

James from atVenu

Nice affordable alternative to Pagerduty

Distributed support management for our small team.

Pros

The economics of the platform fit our needs better than the alternatives. I like the ability to easily spread the responsibility of support across the team.

Cons

The complexity of the interface is the biggest weakness that this solution has. Sometimes it requires a long time user to use a support ticket to figure out how to do something simple.

Darren from Red Matter

Ops Genie - a new way forward

We needed a more suitable monitoring alerting platform to help us grow and make use of systems outside of our infrastructure. Ultimately, Ops Genie has helped us do that. We can now plug services like AWS and Jira into our monitoring without having to force Nagios checks to do the work that has mostly already been done elsewhere. It's provided us more accurate and reliable alerting and reduced the effects of duplicate alerts coming through whilst an incident is being investigated. We hope to make further gains using additional features we haven;'t touched upon yet in the Ops Genie ecosystem

Pros

We had previously been using a Nagios + SMS provider solution, which had served us well as a small company. However as we have grown, we have found that SMS just wasn't a reliable enough solution. We looked around at various alerting providers, and found Ops Genie to be the closest match to what we were looking for. It's given us the ability to test out new notifications before enabling them for our on-call schedules, Re-arrange on call as we see fit without having to fiddle with Nagios configs, utilise integrations to alleviate the sometimes difficult task of adding checks into Nagios from other systems and gain a better insight into our alerts while reducing the all too common "alert fatigue". It gives the ability to create much more complex workflows and setups that previously weren't possible.

Cons

As is often the case with software that provides a wealth of options, getting started was quite complex, particularly around scheduling on call patterns. I think larger organisations may not have this problem, but we wanted to do some rather custom set ups. Fortunately, the support from Ops Genie is frankly brilliant, and they walked us through everything we needed to do. Should there still be difficulties, they can enact the changes you're looking for and guide you through what was done.

Allison from Hurricane Labs

A Highly Capable Incident Management Platform

We need an application that works hand-in-hand with our SIEM, Splunk, and OpsGenie does just that. As events filter into Splunk's incident management platform, our analysts are alerted through OpsGenie (via a webhook integration). Analysts can then acknowledge and manage alerts. We also use OpsGenie as a tool for documentation, although this may be a somewhat unconventional use case. Analysts can search back through past incidents, using them as a reference. This is a highly valuable tool to us and we look forward to future improvements.

Pros

We love the scheduling feature, which keeps all of our security analysts on track with their shifts. The mobile application is also very useful, as it allows analysts to manage their schedules and keep track of alerts while on the go. There are a plethora of applications that OpsGenie integrates with, such as Slack and AWS. The ability to integrate other applications with OpsGenie is important to us, as our services to our clients depend on it.

Cons

Sometimes new features are slow to be implemented, even if they are minor. For example, we have requested some minor features such as a dark mode and the ability to expand the text entry box, but these features have yet to be seen. Sometimes the search function can be difficult to use, as it requires a specific syntax that doesn't always function as expected.

William from NMI

Good, almost great

Reliable Alerts monitoring from our application and infrastructure. Without it, we'd either be staring at monitors all night, or waiting for customers to call us and complain. Critical critical app for us.

Pros

The scheduling, routing, and alerting of the alerts is spectacular. Really simple to use, really powerful.

Cons

The new ui for alerts. Yes, its more flexible and exposes more functionalilty that was previously possible. But for 99% of the time its too, too much UI flexibility. When the house is on fire, I want to grab the fire estinguisher and go. Your ui slows me down. It just needs to let me select open, unacked, and closed alerts, SUPER SUPER easily and SUPER SUPER FAST. Also, the Android app is often unusably slow. I can often boot up my laptop, login to our domain, unlock password manager, and login into the opsgenine website before the stupid app will actually display the alert. Terrible.

Rick from Creative Consultants Group, Inc.

Perfect for Managing On-call Teams

Pros

Software was easy to initially configure and get setup. Adding users was quick, both through the website and in the mobile app. Linking OpsGenie to our monitoring applications went smoothly. It allowed for multiple layers of logic to be incorporated. This helped implement escalations that were consistent in their performance. After using it for a month or so, we were able to go in and tweak that logic to make them even better. From an on-call technicians perspective, the software is easy to use. They know when they are on-call and are able to set their own notifications and escalations. Also, they can work with other techs to cover for each other and the app will let them set the time for the switch so the system notifies appropriately.

Cons

The rule creation can sometimes be complex and requires a more advanced user to accomplish.

Gurpreet from Digitas

Great product, highly recommended!

Customer services and our account manager have been excellent. I put in a recommendation for a feature and it had been implemented within a month. I also received personal communication to let me know that my feature was being implemented! For me, that's amazing customer engagement!

Pros

I like the user-friendly interface and how easy it is to integrate with other applications. The search functionality in the Alerts section is super flexible and easy to use. I have found it very easy to manage and schedule my 8-person team to work 24/7 on complex shift patterns and have call forwarding setup to call desk, work mobile and then personal mobile phones. Ive been very impressed with the capabilities of the Incident Command Center for major incident orchestration. The mobile app is also easy to use and well thought out.

Cons

I haven't anything so far that I dislike.

Andianne from Infinium

I'll know for sure that I receive my alert, using different channels

Fast acting on solving a problem before my customers notice it!

Pros

It has many ways to notify me: push notification, SMS, Phone call, email. And I love the sum of integrations available, easy to set up and customize. It is a must have solution if you need to be sure that you get alerted when some of the services you offer have a problem and needs to respect the SLA. Long story short, you know when something goes wrong before your customer has a chance to notice the problem!

Cons

The search is not finding the correct results sometimes. The phone calls keep coming even after the alert is acknowledged, sometimes I need to answer in order to stop the calls. And what I like the least is that I cannot bulk note and close all the alerts at the same time, it should be a button for that, when 50+ alerts need the same note and close action.

Matt from Engineering

We looked at the rest, we took OpsGenie!

Pros

OpsGenie provides a service similar to the other On Call distribution tools, but we decided on OpsGenie due to their competitive cost, and a sense that they would respond to our feature requests, and our many demands! We wanted all of our developers to be on call, not just our ops team, so we quickly found other solutions were priced out of our range. OpsGenie price was fair, and allowed us to spread responsibility to all of the people in our organization that deserve a 2AM wake up call. Also, they have proven to be responsive to our requests.

Cons

The UI has so many options, that it can be a little hard to find exactly what you need if you aren't familiar with it. But it doesn't take long to figure our where things are.

Easy to use, with great integrations and reporting

We've been really happy since we switched our alerting to OpsGenie. Our old app didn't give us the flexibility we needed to create the complex oncall schedules that we needed for our engineering org.

Pros

It's easy to use, with integrations for all of our monitoring and messaging apps. The reporting around alert activity and agent performance is excellent. The team organization gives us great flexibility in how we set up our oncall and alert schedules.

Cons

Some of the scheduling around teams can be counterintuitive. If you're not doing it all of the time, it can take a little hunting around to get the setup you want

Abhishek from FICO

Ops genie helps you connect with the group of people with ease

calling a group of people in their hierarchy in one call instead calling them one by one

Pros

The auto redirect of the call to the different resources as aligned and reaching out to individuals as hierarchy is what I like most. this helps with greater ease to the caller by avoiding dialing different number and instead its one call goes to one after other if the first person does not respond.

Cons

I have not encountered anything which will say it as least but yes if we may have a betterment in having options to identify whom the call is going to next then it will enhance this tool's visibility to a more higher level

Xavier from Hunter Douglas

Industry: Furniture

Switched from xMatters and not looking back!

Initial setup was a bit scary as I brought this in to replace xMatters at our company. I was being looked at heavily and I wanted to hit the mark, so the little issues seemed bigger to me. Within a few weeks not only did we conquer some of those setup issues but tweaked this tool to not just replace but give me and my company a lot more power, control, ease of use, etc than we ever had before while handling escalations, notifications to stakeholders, etc.

Pros

Ease of use is the number one item. Some items during the initial setup can be rough or make it look like a total bust, however the engineers/developers here at OpsGenie will get through those and then it's been nothing but smooth sailing since. Started with wanting just a few feature improvements but ended up getting the full build we wanted in a perfect world.

Cons

Initial setup was not very smooth, due to issues on both parties systems. I also do not really like the limits of how much you can do from your phone as an admin/manager, however they have a new phone application coming out very soon I've heard that remedies most of the limitations (until I see this myself, it's a con but soon to be another pro).

I use OpsGenie alerts to manage my work all day. I can react immediately when an issue arises.

Pros

I really like the flexibility I have in receiving notifications. I can set mobile alerts or even phone calls for the most immediate needs, or just an email for something that I just need to see by the end of the day. I work in production support. So, this immediate filtering of alerts is key to meeting my performance goals.

Cons

I don't actually do the alert configuration myself, but there seems to be a lot of required information to manage new types of alerts. Possibly too flexible, meaning not enough structure to build functionality easily and quickly.

Prabhudatsinh from Appnexus Inc

One stop solution

Overall we are happy and glad to recommend OpsGenie at any other organization.

Pros

Opsgenie is one stop solution for our monitoring need . Adding Opsgenie reduces our manual and development effort very much. Systems are now easily manageable

Cons

There are still some integration which needs development efforts i..e JIRA . I wish that can also be automated and one click away integration.

Jeremy from AcenTek

OpsGenie Usage

Previously we were using an alarming system that had SMS functionality built in via email to vtext. This provided the basic notification level. Leveraging OpsGenie to assign teams and groups and on call schedules and escalation paths took this to another level.

Pros

The ability to scale out teams and provide correct alarming after hours to the on call tech.

Cons

If anything I wish to have a one on one support personal following up with troubles. I am the one pushing for a fix to a current trouble if someone was assigned to my problem and they provided feedback that would help.

After looking at competing options, OpsGenie provided the best value overall

We went from having end users tell us systems were down, to proactively being alerted about critical issues. With the flood of alert emails coming in from every direction, it was just not feasible to respond to every email that chimes on your phone. OpsGenie allowed us to filter out the garbage and know that if my phone is ringing in the middle of the night, it's something worth being woken up for.

Pros

Frankly, most of the products in this category do basically the same thing. OpsGenie's advantage is the cost, especially when you look at the co-marketing being done. OpsGenie and Solarwinds working together to replace Alert Central is a great example.

Cons

The filtering can be a little complicated, but that is to be expected. Otherwise I don't have any complaints.

Mariano from Mercado Libre

Great alert system, web, android app & operations

Pros

It is a very solid infrastructure, not only the web app and the android app but the the phone call system, the sms and the mail services. The groups and users admin is great! and all the scheduling is workings as you expect.

Cons

Whenever you change your escalation group you have to reorder it. The new UI is not as intuitive as the classic.

Andris from Quickline Communications

Great product

With a help of OpsGenie, we massively improved our response time and it helped to meet SLA agreements with ustomers.

Pros

OpsGenie allows you multiple integrations. We are using Zabbix integration and it works perfect for us.

Cons

At the first point, it is a bit tricky to understand on-call schedules but that was couple of years ago and they done a lot of improvments.

Nambirajan from FICO

Good, flexible easy to use, easy to learn, can be more flexible

Oncall setup & management become easier

Pros

Good, easy to use, easy to learn. Excellent menu options. Time zone can be selected for roster. As users & teams are different, an user can be setup in multiple teams

Cons

Unable to roster when multiple teams work in multiple time zone teams and similarly unable to setup manager and escalations

I use a daily to notify issues about my apps and works like a charm

1. easier to settings 2. availability (uptime) 3. the message of alert contains great elements

Pros

1. is very simple to setting teams, escalations and source notifications 2. reports is easier to use 3. integratetions

Cons

1. the on call schedule isnt easy in your first visit. 2. integrations with another apps need more docs o information

RoophaShree from Capgemini

This tool is really very helpful and easy to use.

From this software we are able to monitor all the below threshold level values and alerts get triggered automatically.

Pros

This software can be used by anyone and it is very easy to use. The alerts that get triggered are all genuine alerts and for the alerts which are critical, the incidents get automatically created.

Cons

Once we open any alert somewhere in between and again go back to open next alert it shows from the beginning wherein we have to again scroll down to search for the same alert.

Joaqun from MercadoLibre.com

I love the mobile app

Easily be alerted from our apis errors

Pros

Cons

It would be great if you can customize more the alert notifications, For instance, change the sound if the alert is repeated

Doug from Experts Exchange

Reliable and easy to handle alerting

If this is for OpsGenie then 10. I don't know what Capterra is.

Pros

The oncall schedule is perfect and easily allows you to add overrides for certain days/hours if you need someone to cover.

Cons

The message size limit can be a little annoying. Several of our alerts are a little long and get cutoff.

OpsGenie Review

Pros

I love the ease of use with the OpsGenie dahsboard, as well as being able to receive immediate notifications on my mobile phone.

Cons

Excellent choice for managing notifications, monitoring, and escalations

We are using Ops Genie as the central point of management for application alerts, server monitoring, and website monitoring. It has allowed us to fine tune our policies to only send alerts that we deem as priority to the staff, and only within specific hours. In the beginning we were generating far too many notifications based on the activity of alerts created from our applications and monitoring. The best feature is that with Ops Genie, we can modify incoming alerts to mute them based on very specific criteria. This means no changes are required to the applications reporting the notifications, it can all be managed from a central location.

Pros

Extremely easy to use. Configuration options are clear and simple to setup, but extremely powerful. We have setup a fairly complex set of policies and escalation schedules and it remains very simple to manage.

Cons

So far it has met all my needs, no cons.

John from My Tech Forum

Great tool for monitoring systems and escalations

It has proven to be useful many times. We also utilize the incoming call option, so people can call for live support and it will rotate through the agents to find someone who is available.

Pros

It is a great tool because it allows you to escalate notifications so that if someone does not respond it will go to someone else. This allows for better support in an on call type of situation.

Cons

I have not encountered any issues with the software. There is a slight learning curve to understand how everything works and how to configure it, but it was fairly straightforward. Their support is also very helpful if you run into any issues.

Wouldn't want to run operations without it

Pros

Instant notification of issues and everyone in the team is aware when someone has acknowledge a task for investigation or completion

Cons

Some of the UI elements are confusing or non-intuitive. For example if you have a list of items that you want to close individually, you need to swipe, but the prior item closing will reset your swipe which is pretty frustrating when you are reviewing many items.

Persistent NOC Operator

It's an excellent software. It does the job that it's supossed to, and keeps logs of all its actions.

Pros

* Sometimes NOC operators hesitate to reach out to Sysadmins when an alert comes in the middle to the night, thus losing valuable time when an unidentified outage appears. OpsGenie does not hesitate, and if proper configured, it'll have a sysadmin looking into that alert faster than a NOC operator could.

Cons

* Only sometimes, even when an alert has been closed, the software keeps calling you. I think software engineers have to work better with queues.

Great Service for Operations Alerts

Pros

Vast list of different integrations available to connect with current tools being used in your environment. Allows for extra logic to be placed after the alerts are created which provides flexibility in many areas.

Cons

The ease of getting your users configured and ready to receive alerts is a little tricky to wrap your head around at first. After that, its smooth sailing.

Roger from WhyteSpyder

Industry: Information Services

Love the Heartbeats!

Easy to get up and running and support was helpful the 1 time I needed them.

Pros

The Heartbeat feature is extremely helpful with all of the websites and backend services my team manages. It took me from email alert, cron-job notification hell, to just knowing when there's a problem.

Cons

Set up is slightly confusing. May just be because I don't have to set things up very often and forget :)

Jeff from Jeff Rhude | Images

Excellent product for a competitive price.

We are a 24x7x365 provider of healthcare communications software and use OpsGenie to alert us to warnings or critical failures in our infrastructure. We are happy with the product and rely on it for a very critical part of our service.

Pros

OpsGenie seems very intuitive and configuring integrations, and schedules is easy. Notifications work well and the app integrations such as Slack and the mobile application are very handy and increase productivity.

Cons

Some of the mass-notification features are not easy to use and require a demonstration in order to leverage this feature.

Shivashankar from Keurig Green Mountain

Ops-Genie is a great tool

Effective communication and timely information providing for critical issue resolution.

Pros

Highly sensitive and express pace in communicating the person responsible for any issue. Features really takes you to the function in no time and effective in network for the operations and functions for critical incidents are addressed in a proper way.

Cons

May be you can simplify the login procedure both in the system and mobile. Reporting functions can be developed further and send out notifications on weekly/monthly basis, especially for MIM calls.

David from Progrexion

Really great application.

Real time Monitoring, increased reliability

Pros

OG has a very large list of applications it can integrate with. It also has a really simple Python integration which makes it really simple to creat customized allerts.

aaron from Paycom

A wonderful product with the most potential .

Pros

The multitude of alerting methods. They have everything from app alerting to sms messages with IFTTT type functionality with other vendors making the setup process very easy

Cons

Having to configure every alert. There should be an easy button. There is a delicate process to setting up each alert, which allows for customization, but can be initially time consuming.

Biswajit from Oath Inc

Its easier to manage our alerts and makes our Oncall life much better.

It helps us to manage our Oncall rotations and managing alerts in much easier way.

Pros

i like the Opsgenie smartphone app. I personally use it on my iPhone. I like the options it has for all the alerts.

Cons

May be the notifications settings.Nowadays i can't use the 'ack all' and 'close all' option. Any reason why its disabled for me. Earlier it used to work for me.

Maxime from Intello Technologies

Works just great

reliable live alerts for on call staff

Pros

Never misses an alert and they are sent to mobile devices almost instantly. Also alerts customization is really flexible and user friendly.

Cons

newer web interface (v2) somehow makes it more difficult to retrieve older alerts than the previous version. Also I've never been able to successfully use a saved filter.

Andy from Build.com

Happy OpsGenie customer

Pros

* Very configurable * Many integrations * Logical structure * Highly available

Manny from Lone Star College

OpsGenie is the correct solution for us.

Excellent

Pros

Exceeds expectations. Is always available and performs the alerting needed.

Cons

The mobile app does not provide access to the same information as the browser inteface.

It is easy to edit, user-friendly and has amazing features of syncing up with communication tools.

Pros

Sync-Up feature with other tools like Slack/Hipchat. I am a daily user and the navigation and search options are pretty attractive.

Cons

The notes section can be made better, there is a notes button and then we see the notes. I think this can be improvised. Earlier, having used service-now, I am used to seeing notes in a better format.

Yasen from SpotMe

Really useful, reliable and easy to use service.

Pros

I really like the common way the service works. You never miss an alert, because you get notified by any possible way. The option to work with GitHub is really useful to me and my team.

Cons

There's actually no such thing. One thing that i didn't like is that i have to login each time that i use the app on IOS (using iPhone 5s)

It does what it should

Pros

We use OpsGenie to Alert our OnCall Team. It offers different ways to be alerted.

Cons

It is a bit expensive. When we started using OpsGenie it was more affordable

Pui Yi from Columbia University

Ops Genie for production support.

OpsGenie removes the need for a real person to monitor things. It gives the user a way to submit or bypass jobs, if everything is setup correctly.

Pros

It can send notification in multiple methods - phone, email, text.

Cons

The phone notification is so hard to understand. You just know something abended and you need to go logon and check it out.