All Oracle PeopleSoft Reviews

Christina

Hospital & Health Care, 201 - 500 employees

Used less than 12 months

Reviewed January 2022

Functional but slow and clunky

Lena

Real Estate, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed May 2019

Oracle Review

Oracle is simple to use, but it make a big impact on every day life in Accounting. Because of Oracle, journal uploads don't take as much time as before. It's also very simple to run any ad-hoc reports in Oracle.

PROS

I have used Oracle to initiate and post journal entries, run GL and generate reports. It's easy to use and makes searching for journal entries, uploading, reviewing, posting very simple.

CONS

There isn't anything I don't like about Oracle.

AnnaLisa

Accounting, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed December 2018

Difficult to learn at first but full of info

PROS

This program has so much information in it once you learn it. After 4 years of using it, i am still amazed when i learn more. It's a love hate thing lol. It helps me to save favorites, then i don't have to remember so many paths.

CONS

That there are so many paths to remember. And since the most recent update or so, it no longer shows the bread crumbs on top. So when i am training others, it's not possible to follow them (breadcrumbs).

Jenny

Internet, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2018

I used PeopleSoft for nearly 4 years at my last job at an advertising agency.

PROS

I like that there's such a wide breadth of what can be accomplished within PeopleSoft time sheets, expense reports, financial reports, PTO portals, opening job numbers for projects and much, much more. I like that our company used it as a main medium for so many different things. It's much easier when things are centralized in one platform. Once you know how to use PeopleSoft, it can be one of your best friends. It can be a guiding tool to help better so many departments of a company. It helped me understand the ins and outs and track financials of projects much more vividly than I'd be able to otherwise. My most productive and proactive days at my old job included getting the most out of PeopleSoft and checking in on all of my various jobs (financials, open / close statuses, new jobs, etc.).

CONS

PeopleSoft is not user friendly until it's knocked into your head. I was given a manual when I started working at my old company and I had to reference this manual for literally years until it became second nature. There are too many steps and too many clicks to get to the finish line in nearly any task on PeopleSoft. And you have to know what buttons to press to yield a certain result. There are no guides to help you along the way. If you don't have a manual from someone at your job in your SPECIFIC position, you will undoubtedly be lost for a long time. The buttons to press are jibberish, honestly. Often times the buttons you need to press to get to the next page during a process of a task are just random numbers or random letters. I got so used to the program so I knew exactly what to press and when to press it but it took a very long time to get to that point. Even when I did, though, I found the program tedious and overly time consuming.

Lori

Financial Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed March 2018

Makes payroll hassle-free!

PROS

The fact you can upload time in various ways to this platform is incredibly helpful. We would accept time via the platform feed, fax, email, etc. This is crucial when dealing with timekeeping methods from various clients.

CONS

I would love for there to be a communication system built in, perhaps notes or something of this nature. And for those to be tied to the payroll record.

Kelly

Pharmaceuticals, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed December 2019

PeopleSoft HR

I've worked with PeopleSoft for over 25 years, it's evolved exponentially and continues to serve its purpose every day!

PROS

Accessibility, ease of use and ability to customize as needed. I find the self-service options useful as well.

CONS

Query tool is not intuitive to general user. Creating and modifying queries requires technical expertise that the general user does not have.

Jonathon

Higher Education, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed January 2019

Peoplesoft is not the most user friendly

I work in the university and we use this system in order to process invoices in the system and send invoices out in a timely fashion to our customers in order to receive payments. The benefits that I see from this system is that there are many queries that you can write into the system in order to become more efficient resolving issues.

PROS

I like that there is much that you can do on it in order to manage the business needs of an office. There are many links and tools that can be used on this software from processing invoices to creating queries to help be more efficient, to being able to do checks out of the system.

CONS

The system works way too slow. Its a slow system that makes it difficult to be productive at work. Sometime it takes me 15 - 20 minutes just to process one invoice which is way too long with the high volume of invoices I have to process.

Staffing and Recruiting, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed September 2018

Good people management tool

PROS

There is a lot of functionality. You can manage people on every level, from hiring to retirement and everything in between.

CONS

There are a lot of modules that you can. Depending on your technology level, it can be easy to use or very difficult. You need the right staff that are properly trained.

Brandy

Pharmaceuticals, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed January 2019

PeopleSoft Review

PROS

It is a fairly simple software used for inputting worked hours, maintaining job information, completing performance evaluations, etc. The software does what we need it to do.

CONS

Software is very out dated, and is not incredibly intuitive upon initial training and use.

Ryan

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed March 2019

Great User Administration

Overall we enjoyed being able to track students through their lifecycle at the university and enjoyed utilizing the alumni tracking capabilities.

PROS

My former organization used PeopleSoft to manage our student population. The software easily allowed us to track students through their life-cycles at the university. Additionally, we enjoyed the ability to track our alumni and keep a database of their current areas, using them for donations in the future.

CONS

Despite having great features, this software is a little more challenging to learn. However, Oracle does provide some excellent training videos online and their conference gives an even more in-depth look at the product.

Kimberly

Government Administration, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed November 2019

Payroll Administrator for 175 employees

The government I work for uses PeopleSoft so it’s what I’m accustomed to, however sometimes it does feel rather “clunky”. Good tool though.

PROS

I like that robust employment data is stored in one place, securely, for my employees - from pay information to job position data

CONS

I would like to be more versed in PeopleSoft to become more efficient. I think the software could be more intuitive - currently you have to dig for some functions.

10,000+ employees

Reviewed April 2019

Great software to be used in Government

The software fulfills my daily tasks at work, it's great to have such a great positive experience.

PROS

Many functions combined to make it a great software. We use the following, Supply Chain Management, Revenue Management, Financial Management and Human Capital Management. All these functions work nicely together, being able to transfer information from one platform to another. The system response is fast, although there are many users who are using it and running reports at the same time. Reports are easy to run and can be customized in any of the platforms. The IT people have done a great job to keep the system online and functioning to its best. The best thing is being able to Log in once, and from there, you're able to submit an expense claim, search for a job, submit a vacation request, etc. The software can handle anything.

CONS

New users face a hard time to understand the many functions. There are many links/options that makes it tough to get the information needed without investing the time to understand what every function does. Where too many clicks are needed to get to where you want to be.

Lee

E-Learning, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed November 2018

PEOPLESOFT

I started off using a DOS mainframe system until we upgraded to PeopleSoft. It was almost like comparing apples to oranges, but now I see it is really like comparing mandarin oranges to big, juicy naval oranges!

PROS

I think one of the best features about PeopleSoft is its ability to manage large amounts of data/records. I’ve been using it now for over a decade and it can do so much more now than it could 10 years ago. I also love being able to find data using queries. If you have someone who knows how to write queries in PeopleSoft there isn’t anything you can’t find – if it has a header Field you can find it – it might take a few JOINs to get at the data, but it’s doable!

CONS

One of the things that I like least about PeopleSoft is it isn’t very intuitive sometimes. I know it is a database system and I know that it is a hierarchy database system, but sometimes it just seems like the navigation to get to a particular page or record is less than logical.

Rachel

Education Management, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed February 2020

Cumbersome

Overall, it's been extremely uneven. I've learned it now, so I wouldn't love switching, but I would agree that another product would be superior.

PROS

Once you learn it, it's OK. It does give you the ability to favorite screens, which speeds things up.

CONS

There are truly a long list of things that I don't like, but one of the biggest is that everything is a mod request. The favorites sometimes attach themselves to the ID of the student that was on the screen at the time, and then I have to watch EVERY SINGLE TIME to be sure that I'm on the right student. Comments? Can't be edited or deleted. Not fun. Plus, it times out on me ALL the time. If it does? It won't restart properly for me fo the next half hour, so I'm always toggling between multiple browsers.

Shana

Higher Education, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed May 2020

Oracle PeopleSoft Complicated but Functional

Overall it was challenging first but once you get the hang of it the Software has so many uses and makes my job a little easier that I don’t have to use so many different platforms to access my information as well as the students

PROS

I use Oracle PeopleSoft is a multifaceted Software and has so many different capabilities and options that keep everything on our campus streamlined from payroll, personal data like direct deposit performance evaluations, queries, student worker data and many more options

CONS

Since there are so many options and capabilities Oracle PeopleSoft is intimidating at first glance/use. It took some time to get used to navigating between the different screens, learning shortcuts, which buttons to use and when. Still learning all that this Software has to offer

501-1,000 employees

Reviewed October 2019

Hidden Menus Make Favorites a Necessity

I have only been at the company for less than 6 months yet I can still see where this software helps the college work through the entire student experience from enrollment, financial aid, transcript evaluations, etc.

PROS

This software is designed to handle the college needs. It does this in simple, easy to read screens with large fonts. If a user finds it hard to remember the location of screen within hidden menus, there is the option of creating a customized list of favorites. The majority of the tasks I do throughout the day are easy to handle with PeopleSoft.

CONS

The view Customer Account screen is awful. It doesn't follow the basic chart of accounts and order of credit/debits paid on students original balance. When credits are applied to the students' account, it makes it a challenge to identify where all the money was applied. There are many hidden functions and this takes a separate training session to learn.

NADEEM

Higher Education, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed September 2019

PeopleSoft - Time and Labor 9.2

Like many suites of PeopleSoft, the integrations of self-service, reporting and rule-based time codes are well built.

PROS

My overall experience with PeopleSoft 9.2 Time and Labor was positive. The Oracle documentation was well detailed and configuration was easy to follow and test. Preparation of user-end training was going smoothly using other Oracle learn and try products.

CONS

Like any large ERP, the implementation cycles were difficult. The team required to complete various task have to be pros, otherwise, you will run into issues in every cycle of the product.

Reviewed December 2022

Oracle People Soft. Best Accounting Package to buy.

As this is a cloud based product, i didnot faced any issues with this product. initial startup requires proper learning and hands on, but as compared to other accounting packages, its quite proficient and easy to use.

PROS

It is like all under one roof. we can manage and review financial aspects, analyze our inventory tracking, rate our suppliers and can manage them easily,etc. etc.

CONS

Internet should be available all the times. Sometimes due to technical issues we can face serious problems.

Reasons for switching to Oracle PeopleSoft

Applications of Oracle

Nancy

Financial Services, 501-1,000 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed February 2021

PeopleSoft General Ledger

PeopleSoft is an efficient, effective general ledger tool, both for daily users and those who just need to periodically look up accounting transactions. It also offers reasonable solutions for automated internal controls over financial reporting.

PROS

I initially was involved in the selection and customization of the PeopleSoft General Ledge for my organization, as a member of the Finance & Accounting team. PeopleSoft offers easy to learn processes for inputting journal entries and running queries and reports. In addition, now that I've moved on to another department - risk management - I can refer to PeopleSoft to understand how various transactions related to insurance claims were accounted for. In addition, I have been pleased with the system capabilities as it relates to internal controls over financial reporting. We set up the system such that journal entries cannot be posted without secondary review and approval.

CONS

PeopleSoft does require quite a bit of customization to really make it work for an individual organization. I never felt that we were able to get our custom reporting to its full potential, as we just didn't have enough time to focus on it.

Lisa

Chemicals, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed October 2017

Decent features, but too difficult to use

it is our system of record for employee data

PROS

People Soft is able to house a wide variety of employee data on many different areas of employee experience (benefits, compensation, education, beneficiaries and so on, etc.).

CONS

extremely difficult to maneuver, not user-friendly at all, difficult to tweak the smallest items, doesn't interface well with other HR tools. query functionality is not intuitive, very challenging to pull meaningful data.

501-1,000 employees