Shelf Reviews

4.91 / 5 (64)

Our advisors have recommended this product 3 times in the last 30 days

• Pros

• "I love the application, but I really love the partnership I have with my Shelf Team. They have been a great resource for us building this tool. "

• "Shelf is intuitive, easy to use, and extremely powerful. I appreciate the ease with which I can manage content; both creating new items, and managing current content."

• "- Web Clipper is a wonderful tool - very easy to use and share information - Muti-matrix of hierarchy and organization provide easier search among thousands of information (gems) "

• Cons

• "Decision Tree is still new and had some bug issues but Shelf has been working very hard on improving this small portion."

• "I do wish we could customize the look (e.g., co-brand with logos, colors, etc.) - but really, if my only major complaint has to with aesthetics, the product certainly is working for us. "

• "Sometimes it takes some time to create decision trees, but I believe it is a force of habit. "

Browse Shelf Reviews

Jordanne from Children's Literacy Initiative

Excellent resource for maintaining quality control and communication across our organization

My overall experience with SHELF has been incredibly positive. First and foremost the customer service and personal attention has been wonderful. I never go more than a few hours without answers to my questions and they are always ready to listen and work on any issues I am having no matter how minor. I really feel like they take their clients wants and needs into account as they develop updates and the response that I have gotten from my own organization has been overwhelmingly positive.

Pros

This software is incredibly user friendly and I have really appreciated the ability to create separate libraries for all of the different stakeholders in my organization. It makes the navigation of the resource super intuitive for my staff and allows everyone to put their hands on what they need exactly when they need it. The ability to store and share a multitude of different file types as resources has also been invaluable.

Cons

There is not much I don't like about the software but one update that I am eagerly anticipating is the ability to upload and have a master copy of a resource in my organization library and have it replicated in other libraries. This will cut down on the amount of uploads and also allow us to have stronger version control on resources that we use across the organization and across our different regions.

Jared from Wind Creek Hospitality

The Best Knowledge Base Software

SHELF has been great! Before SHELF I created a website knowledge base for us to use, noting my website didn't have a good search feature, the ability to create folders, nor the real feel of a knowledge base. Getting SHELF helped us finally step into the real world of knowledge bases, and the work they have put into this web based software is superior. I am enjoying my time with it, and the ease of use of SHELF has made it an outstanding product.

Pros

One of the features of this product is its online! I love the option of having it web based, and not downloaded onto your PC, giving access where ever I go. The Ease of use is fantastic! It doesn't take much to learn, and has the ability for anyone to be able to pick up and use. If you are familiar with social media (Twitter for example) you will feel right at home with the hashtag feature.

Cons

The only issue ive had with the software would be, my agents didn't care to much for the intergration with NiCE Incontact. We tried this and the window would be to small or to big, causing the agents frustration when answering calls. It would always pop up, and the agents would of liked the ability to be able to click it when they need it, instead of the popping up with every call.

Reasons for Choosing Shelf

The ease of use! the others didn't have the robust features we need like SHELF had. SHELF was easy to use, and it just had better layouts than the others we looked at.

Don from Athena Infonomics

Industry: Research

Cloud Based Knowledge Management System

We wanted a product that would help us manage our knowledge better. The product is good , but the overall speed / refresh rate is poor in-spite of us using more than 50 mbps.

Pros

The search features , quick customer care responses and online tutorials.

Cons

The speed and the sense that they were learning the functionalities of the product on the job.

William from Tempoe LLC

Overview of Experience with Shelf

The benefits are agents/supervisors being able to see processes and guidelines in a timely manner to provide accurate information. In addition, we also provide documents to assist with our QA program (i.e steps to a collections call, welcome call, etc). Provides steps to have a better flow and also show agents how to be more "customer centric" to provide better customer service. Assists our learning and development to create training documents, save "good/bad" calls based on call types/scenarios to reference for future training classes or agents that have opportunities to grow.

Pros

The ease of loading/updating a document and making it accessible to our agents. Enables agents to reference policies and processes quickly to provide optimal customer service and resolution to customer concerns. Searching for a document is easy. Providing invites to new agents/users is very simple to do. Creating folders to organize information is simple.

Cons

The issue i have is Shelf may have issues recognizing certain formats such as some PDFs, Excel. Basically, it may not recognize a document that can be updated (i.e. an excel sheet). Doesn't seem to like docs that aren't static.

Brian from OPEX

Industry: Industrial Automation

Shelf Partners with OPEX

Great team to work with and I look forward to the next several years of this partnership.

Pros

Cons

Honestly I have not found anything I don't like. It's easy to manage and build.

Reasons for Switching to Shelf

Unable to the feature set that Shelf offered.

Anna Lena from HelloFresh SE

Shelf is a real game changer

Pros

I use Shelf mainly to bundle internal knowledge and make it available to other departments and external providers. I especially appreciate the versatile and yet simple use of Shelf.

Cons

For me there is no contra in the use of Shelf. Before we used another knowledge management tool which I was not convinced of in many points. Shelf on the other hand has everything I expect.

Reasons for Switching to Shelf

We where missing many features in Confluence, the structure and user administration didn’t t fit for us.

Loren from Newly Weds Foods

Vital Team Resource- Saves an incredible amount of time and helps foster internal/customer insights

I've used Shelf for over 3 years now, and was blown away at the level of personalized assistance for helping me to set up a virtual company "library," as well as provide me with tips, tricks, and ideas for leveraging the software to achieve multiple knowledge sharing goals. I rely it it daily to act as a collection hub of collaborative information for special teams and projects, and as the best way to allow my team to "be on the same page," and have access to all the most recent studies, trends, decks and pertinent industry articles and data sources. No more searching on shared drives, or trying to figure out where someone may have filed something that contains multiple flavor, channel, food types. Just file, tag and go. It's our internal company "Google."

Pros

I've worked with Shelf for 3 years now, and they are constantly upgrading the software capabilities to increase ease of use, and enhance our ability to use the platform in many innovative ways to both share and find information quickly internally, as well as house best practice materials that we can share directly with customers.

Cons

The one function I could use most would be a "batch tagging" capability, which they have been working on.

Reasons for Choosing Shelf

I evaluated multiple mainstream online only services, but only Shelf indexes thousands of characters of any type of media upon loading them to the site, so you always have the most relevant search results if you don't know what you're looking for. Additionally, the ability to quickly and securely grant or "share" (adhoc) individual documents or folders to a customer or partner outside of the organization all from the same central hub is invaluable.

Reasons for Switching to Shelf

Shelf is SO much easier to access from anywhere online, and doesn't roadblock our field (and now remote workers) by eliminating the need to log into our remote system first, and search through shared drives and files. It's one stop from anywhere.

Michelle from School Social Work Association of America

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Use of Shelf for an Association Member Resource Library

We have been extremely satisfied with the product and look forward to a long term working relationship with Shelf. Our challenges have been more keeping up with the number of resources we have loaded into the site and Shelf provided us with a great tool at the start of the project to help organize our site and the process so that it could be more successful.

Pros

We had a committee of all volunteers reviewing products for use as a member resource library. With only 1 FT employee it was important that volunteers could keep the resource library up to date. We also have limited tech knowledge so it needed to be something that was intuitive. Our committee set up the following criteria and found that Shelf met all of the requirements. o Must be very visual with a polished look o Must have a great user experience (work fast and efficiently, be intuitive) o Must be searchable (tags) o Must allow for users to comment and rate resources o Must be organized in multiple ways o User must be able to bookmark or save a resource so they can easily find it again o Must allow for all users to submit resources for review, allow a team to review and vet items, then allow them to be posted o Must have place to pay for non-members and option for subscription fees o Must be intuitive o Must have an easy link to social media to post that a new resource is available and maybe a summary of the item The most impressive function of the resource library is the search tool which can find keywords not only in the title of a document or site but anywhere within the document. The webclipper available on Chrome has been a great tool to use to quickly capture resources from the Internet.

Cons

So far there have not been any cons that we have run into. Every time I contact our Shelf representative to ask questions, he has something new to tell me about that will launch soon and address that concern.

Reasons for Choosing Shelf

The intuitiveness for the user and administrator; the search tool as noted earlier, the price, and the ease of adding new resources using a webclipper.

David from Cambium Assessment

Intuitive. Ease of Use. Great Customer Service

One thing I appreciate about Shelf overall is customer service. Our account manager is very responsive and attentive to our needs, questions, and any concerns we may have for our company's usage of Shelf. An excellent product is one thing, but customer service to make sure your customer(s) is/are happy is a benchmark of better customer satisfaction. Thanks Shelf for a great product and great customer attention.

Pros

I have used many software products like Shelf, but one thing that stood out to me right away as a new user was the ease of use. The product is intuitive to use and very user friendly compared to their competitors. It is easy to teach for new team members in our company to utilize and as an admin, it is more helpful to have a click-and-point admin control to make swift changes so our team operates efficiently with the most up-to-date information and information flow.

Cons

View-Only and Member Users are excellent and very easy to use and teach. Ideally, it would be great to have more Administrative analytical tools to monitor usage and making sure each member is being utilized to the best user role to function within a company's prod use of Shelf.

Sophia from Glovo

Shelf usage

Pros

It is easy to use; There is a possibility with CRM integration; Wide range of functions related to knowledge base management.

Reasons for Choosing Shelf

It was a company's decision, don't know :)

Reasons for Switching to Shelf

It was a company's decision.

Paul from Impact Hub Belgrade

June 2016

This is not a drill: A user case that lead to early adoption

Using Shelf in support of my consultancy/advisory tasks related to the development of an incubator hub in Belgrade, Serbia. Tasks require a lot of information coming in and out and disseminated to a wide variety of management, staff and stakeholders. We have been extremely glad to get our hands on the program. Not only does it support our organizational ethos of trying out new information technologies whenever we can and as they become available, its also been ideally suited and fit for our purpose. Its really smoothed and integrated our workflows and was just what we were looking for.

Pros

Shelf is really easy to set up and get going very quickly and is incredibly intuitive to use. Its a great tool not only for managing knowledge inputs in a wide variety of formats but also for group and task based working. The web clipper is great for capturing information on the go and actually a lot of fun to use. The file permissions system is super efficient for setting up and breaking down work/interest groups. It ensures everyone gets what they need to know and gets a chance to appropriately share and contribute. Its strongly supportive of the informational needs of the multi layered management structure of the organization as well as for disseminating information and updates to its general membership and stakeholders.

Cons

Although its already integrated with the three most important cloud storage sites and we hear more are on the way, we've already become firm Shelf fans and will continue to use so we'd like to see some fast-tracking so more become available sooner than later. We also hear email integration is on the way. Right now and until it comes, it would be useful for user email lists to be generated internally.

Jackson from TwelveX

Industry: Fund-Raising

Our 'walled garden' called Shelf

We were searching for a archiving solution that would package our company's offline and online resources (designs, documents, ideas, etc.) into a value add, easy to find, easy to use tool for our customers. Shelf provided the exact solution. Similar to how Google provides valuable search options, Shelf give us (the originator) a way to package resources and then offer in a secure walled off 'garden' , so our customers can 'harvest' those resources.

Pros

Having a "Google like" (search by tags) generated system of classifying and organizing online/offline content onto one cloud platform is transformational. By allowing the end user (in our case, customers) to search via tags, then find>view>download any and all content relating to our relationship with them, the overall 'findability' and value of our resources increases expotentially. The value increases because it's not just sitting in some obscure Dropbox, it's growing and being harvested in "our walled garden" by our customers. For genre specific content, we can upload new content, tag with appropriate genre related tags and automatically 'push out' the material. Soon as the tags are applied, then all members of that genre have access to the material AND are automatically notified. Versus the old method of copy>paste individual files into each customer's Dropbox folder. The thumbnail display, which is truly amazing, provides a visual reference to the items searched for and shortens the final mile of the search to the speed of light. Tagging is an art and Shelf customer onboarding walks you through the learning curve (changing from the file folder based system).

Cons

Still working on versioning, but the workaround works for us.

Stephen from KIPP Foundation

Great product for sharing/storing curated resources in a complex/large organization

Shelf has been an incredible partner throughout the process. They were willing to work with us to meet some of our organization-specific needs, while also helping us strategically migrate our content to their platform. They've been very thoughtful every step of the way - including our needs in their product updates and meeting with us on a regular basis to make sure we were aware/up to date on their progress. One of the main reasons we went with Shelf was how easy it was to work with them - and they have not disappointed since then. If you're looking for a knowledge management platform and want an active relationship with your vendor (where they deliver on what they say they are going to do), then Shelf is the right partner.

Pros

Features- left-side panel that allows you to see all the libraries/folders across your organization at once; highly intelligent, Google-like search functionality for all types of searches; ability to combine search with a variety of filters; ability to preview a document easily without having to download; simplified permissions structure - allowing you to set permissions for users in groups as well as individually; integration with SSO

Cons

A few key features they are working on to meet similar functionality of Box/Dropbox/Google Drive: - Ability to download multiple files/folders at once - Ability for preview feature to work for all common file types

April from Center for Musical Development and Wellness

Industry: Music

User Friendly with Great Features and Functionality!

Pros

The top 3 features of Shelf for CMDW, Inc include Sync, Search and Sharing. Shelf syncs with Google Drive and Dropbox to help users better organize and access files. Once files are synced, users can search for files via keyword(s) - even if you don't remember the title or when it was created. It's quick and easy to drag and drop files or folders to an updated private or shared folder from there (or simply leave in the current folders, as Shelf retains the original filing properties/locations during sync). Shelf is already setup with four permission levels - along with a "groups" feature to making sharing at specific access levels a breeze. I should also point out that Shelf works well with all types of files and media, including documents, audio, video and more - which is especially important for the creatives on our team! There are plenty of organization and collaboration tools out there - I've tried several, but Shelf has hit the UX (user experience) nail on the head. It's visually appealing and less intimidating for my clients and team members who are less tech savvy. The onboarding process for me was actually pretty fun. The demo was informative and tailored to my unique organizational needs. Customer rep really listened to my challenges and showed me how Shelf can solve many of our current problems. I'm really excited to finally have a functional solution for file management. No more lost hours searching and starting over from scratch!

Nathan from Bridges Consulting

Used as replacement of our Confluence wiki

Pros

Personally, i love using Confluence but it was difficult to get our company onboard. We needed a product that was more flexible and easier to organize for our company's internal knowledgebase. After a pretty extensive vetting process we selected Shelf because it allowed our team to continue using Dropbox, Drive and Slack while giving us the ability to manage our most critical docs in a centralized place. The features that make shelf unique are it's dropbox and Drive syncing, advanced search and filtered search capabilities, the ability to add additional meta data like tags and badges and the web clipper which enables our team to also use Shelf to capture youtube videos and web articles for training purposes.

Cons

No product that tries to address knowledge management issues is going to be perfect.. Even knowledge managers at our firm have trouble keeping track of information across teams and departments so no solution is going to be a one size fits all. I prefer a wiki method of building knowledge bases and Shelf doesn't yet offer this feature but overall we're very happy with Shelf.

Sylvain from CBC/Radio-Canada

Shelf - It's easy

We use shelf everyday and that speaks for itself! This product, along with it's support staff, has always been a VERY positive experience.

Pros

Like my title says. It's easy! My reasons: Easy to use; easy to maintain; easy to get support; easy to collaborate; easy to find your information; easy to add remove access; easy to create either a basic post or a complex decision tree; easy to see usage statistic. Easy to collectively work together to have a solid knowledge base. I have not discovered anything in shelf yet that is frustrating. I know shelf is working and it's currently the best tool that we've used so far as a knowledge base because of one aspect, our agent are using it and frustration with knowledge base products is non existent.

Cons

I have not explored every feature shelf can offer because of our organization needs, but so far I love everything about shelf.

Reasons for Switching to Shelf

We needed a real knowledge base!

Anthony from Apple Federal Credit Union

Shelf - great product for document management and accessibility

I have been impressed with the ease and simplicity of the product. Our team transitioned pretty fast and adopted Shelf as a primary source for documentation. The support / sales team were very helpful and responsive when it came to any questions that I had. We really like the product and foresee it having a long life with us.

Pros

Easy organization. Being able to link websites / videos / pdfs / documentation easily with a plugin. Ability to tag / find documents easily with search feature Preview ability with website. Feedback ability for each addition. Overall look and clean design

Cons

No easy way for version control - minus uploading multiple documents and renaming each update

Response from Shelf

Replied February 2019

Thanks for the feedback, including your comments on Version Control. Good news - we've recently released a Versioning feature into the product that allows senior user roles to view changes to a file and roll back to prior iterations, as needed. This eliminates the need to upload multiple versions. Have a look and let us know what you think!

March 2016

Caleb from International Peace and Security Institute

March 2016

Sifting Through Unstructured Data Just Became Easy

Shelf''s uploading, indexing, and search abilities are the smoothest and most intuitive I have encountered -even among content mining tools. Creating a Gem to contain all of the information I have found on a particular subject or for a specific project enables me to quickly find and access it at any time. No longer must I copy and paste news articles into Word documents and save them. Instead, I simply select Shelf's "Capture Article" function, and it does all the work for me. Then I can tag it with keywords, take notes, and highlight text only to be able to search through my notes on files too. My greatest complaint is the lack of a RStudio package integrating the two. This would allow me to seamlessly create Gems to use in all of my research projects. Even so, Shelf still allows me to use my collection of articles, videos, and other forms of data to far more easily complete my research projects than before i started using it. The International Peace and Security Institute (IPSI) uses Shelf to write literature reviews and for other research purposes. But it proves to be invaluable when crafting our experiential training programs. Instead of attempting to coordinate each member of our team's separate projects and research. Shelf indexes our cloud storage so that we can easily find anything other team members have done. Not only does Shelf sort through each team member's files so we can make better use of our time, but it also enables us to take notes on others' files. With IPSI's recent move to OneDrive, Colin Kennedy and the rest of Shelf's staff have supported us every step of the way to ensure we were as prepared as possible for a swift integration of OneDrive and Shelf. Their excellent customer support, thoughtfulness, and high quality product guarantee IPSI will be using Shelf for all of our file categorization and collaborative needs.

SARAH from HelloFresh

Intuitive and Effective

Overall I have had a great experience with Shelf. The Shelf Team has been so incredibly helpful in the launch and revamps of the platform. They show a true willingness to help and have amazing expertise in knowledge management and provide best practices to ensure success.

Pros

Shelf has been a huge asset to our overall organization of content and process documents. It has improved consistency and efficiency across all the teams that leverage this tool. Managing and maintaining the content is simple and easy with a wide range of reporting available to the administrators.

Cons

I feel that there are some minor changes that could be made to the reporting feature. Nothing major just a few additional reports would be helpful.

Dani from VAAAC

Perfect solution for all forms of media - audio, video, pictures

Pros

Content is easy to find and searchable for all users based on tagging system, which is easy to use; content can be shared across all of our teams; reduces duplication; affordable; syncs with Google drive and drop box; very easy to drag and drop files and folders

Cons

There is no built in CRM tool, and this would be really useful t have accessible. Would also be great if this would integrate with Outlook. Takes some time to put the content you want on the platform but well worth it once it is set up and ready to use.

Bruno from CBC

Industry: Broadcast Media

Shelf Review

- First Call REsolution - Collaboration - Quality and the content is a lot more structured and up to date

Pros

The support and availability that Shelf offers is amazing. This is for everything, including help with the configuration, training, support and future enhancements. The ease of use and search fonction really helped our Contact Center grow which was a big issue for us with our previous software.

Reasons for Switching to Shelf

Due to constant changes with google sites, making it hard for us to manage a knowledge base.

Marc from Make Brands

Shelf helps our marketing team be more collaborative and efficient

Pros

- Shelf is great for project research and managing advertising versions and sales collateral for our marketing team - Easy to organize various iterations and revisions with custom and company tags, badges, groups, organization library, folders, etc - A powerful search tool that keeps what the team needs within reach. We can search inside documents & images and filter by version, date, users, content type and even different locations - Shelf has been an Evernote replacement for our team. It's a much easier and intuitive way for marketing and product teams to collaborate on content research.

Cons

Cons; would like to see an integration for Slack. Our team uses Slack and it would be helpful to be able to pull in our attachments and links into Shelf so we have a more comprehensive experience.

Katherine from Waterkeeper Alliance

User-friendly with professional - and quick - support to help navigate any challenges.

Ability to easily - and securely - share resources with our global movement.

Pros

We're an international organization, and needed a platform that would be affordable and accessible globally. The staff at Shelf.io are incredibly customer-oriented and constantly seeking feedback to add new features and upgrade the system. The library is intuitive to use from both an administrator's and user's perspective. The search function is robust, making it easy to find relevant resources. And, the ability to have specific user-groups for certain documents is a huge benefit for us. Without question, an amazing resource for the price.

John from Illinois Baptist State Association

Great experience, friendly, knowledgeable, no sales pressure which was AWESOME and APPRECIATED!

Easy CMS for users with NO TECH experience. Deepens our value to our members by providing not just our content but valued content from external sources in 1 easy to find, easy to search, and easy to share online platform.

Pros

We like the ease of sharing files and different resources across our membership. The ease of adding both internal content via OneDrive and external content with their Web Clipper is not found on any other product. Having the ability to customize user groups with specific roles in their group is a great feature. Allows us to promote people to roles in a group but not on the overall platform. The ability to make certain things public and certain things private allows for easy sharing and linking from website and social media. The search feature is the most impressive feature, allowing users to search from a wide variety of content across the entire platform. Don't forget about the ability for authors to get emails alerting for new comments to easily respond and address certain questions.

Cons

The lack of a built in CRM tool and/or linking via api keeps the product from certain users but is the best CMS on the market.

Easy to use platform for busy teams

Pros

From adoption the platform was noticeably very clean and unique in terms of design and I felt like I had a direction immediately. Many other tech apps are stressful to adopt and you are never quite sure you are utilizing the most important features. Not only was it easy for me to figure out, but getting my relatively small team on my Shelf was just as easy. We created our own folder structure to suit our needs and organization preferences and everything has been smooth and I can find everything I upload very easily, especially when I know who uploaded it.

Cons

I wish we can collaborate on documents inside of Shelf, but there really is not much a problem because they integrate with Google Drive directly so we can just upload it after.

Shelf has been helping us avoid some costly mistakes.

Pros

Shelf makes it easy for us to capture content using the web clipper and then forget about it until we need it again. The search features make it easy to locate stuff without knowing the name or the exact folder location. They have tags, a tag library and customized badges.

Cons

I wish the web clipper enabled us to capture slideshare presentations and podcasts. I wrote to their customer service team and they said that it was in the works.

Gary from CJ America

Great information sharing tool!

Our organization is using it as an information library. Storing, sharing, and searching information became so much easier with Shelf. Keep it up and hope continuous improvements are implicated.

Pros

Cons

- Not being able to use on mobile devices (the web clipper) - Still not able to put "&" sings in tags (M&A, E&M, Food & Beverage, etc) although - Foreign texts (Korean) are broke in Word files, while they look perfectly fine on PDF files.

Tony from Euvic

Unique

Pros

Shelf lets me put everything in one place and synchronize with other apps like Dropbox. It has a slick interface and was easy to learn. It's nice that I have both private areas and areas that I can share with an organization. I like how the tags work.

Cons

I haven't really found any big downsides with Shelf. My main online storage areas are Dropbox and Google Drive and those are covered. It does take a little playing with Shelf to understand how to maximize its benefits, but there is good customer support available. My questions were answered quickly.

Tyler from Ligonier Ministries

A Unique Product and Team

Support team has been a genuine pleasure to work with. I have appreciated their helpfulness and care from initial contact, through the sales process, and now as a customer of several months. They are responsive to my requests and go out of their way to assist as needed, all while they continue to improve the product month by month.

Pros

Shelf offers the unique ability to combine a great variety of digital content from a diversity of places into one central, organized, and searchable location. This, coupled with an in-depth training and onboarding process, as well as thoughtful constraints within the platform, assist the user not only with building but also maintaining an orderly and useful digital library.

Cons

Shelf satisfies all of my major needs, but I do hope for future improvements in the areas of a) more advanced search features, b) finer-grained permissions options, c) more advanced tagging features, and d) custom fields and filters.

Shauneen from Chemonics International

Industry: International Trade and Development

Shelf is a great content collaboration tool

Pros

High level organizational capabilities, easy to use & attractive interface, the Web Clipper. The organizational capabilities are great (especially if you implement your company’s existing file structure), but the search feature is so fine-tuned that you don’t need to be overly organized to find what you need.

Cons

There's no built in messaging or chat feature but they told me that a Slack integration was coming in the future.

Dale from Everbridge, Inc.

Shelf for the win!

As a proposal manager with a hefty proposal work load, and short deadlines, I need my response content fast. Considering we have over 3,000 content records (and growing daily) there's a lot of information to sift through. Shelf makes this incredibly easy and efficient. Updating current records is super easy, as is adding in new content. And Shelf indexes it all amazingly fast!

Pros

Cons

So far I haven't found a lot to dislike about Shelf. Members of my team were hoping for Boolean search capabilities, but I find that searching with just basic terms brings back all the results I could possibly need. All thanks to the extreme indexing power of Shelf.

Edita from Mplus - Glovo

Find everything faster and you know it's the correct article

Some of the platform are just big theory that doesnt help at all. This is nicely constructed so you can find fast what you need. It helos a lot when you are doing analyses and you need to fast check some procedures

Pros

I liked the tree option, plus implementation onto the other platform is very useful! For now there is no complains, nor from me or others users. Its a very good platform especially when you wanna help others to teach them some procedures better

Cons

As I said no complaints so far, I am not using it for long, but in this time its very much useful!

Reasons for Switching to Shelf

The overall use of the agents wasnt ug, it wasnt very approchable, and it was overall messy. Me personally didnt use it that much and was relying on my notes at that moment

Nessibeli from Glovo

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Shelf is the best knowledge base!

Highly recommended platform. I loved the options, customer support, very fast and easy to use, also user friendly.

Pros

The option “search, gems, tags, decision tree, support”

Cons

Everything was ok, there was nothing that i didn’t like

More options and features

Company decision

Chanel from HelloFresh

Shelf Review

Overall, Shelf has been amazing. When I've had any questions or issues, Rick has been a pleasure to work with.

Pros

I enjoy how easy it is for me (admin/content creator) to be able to set up a module in Shelf, and make it accessible for my team to easily search. Their productivity and efficiency has increased since using Shelf.

Cons

No complaints, everything is very easy.

Alikhan from Glovo

Review for knowledge base Shelf

There were not any problems. I loved the platform.

Pros

It is very comfortable in usage. There a lot of functions and features.

Cons

I can't say anything about negative sides of Shelf, because I have not seen it yet.

Company's decision.

Sachin from Heal

Shelf makes life easier.

Pros

Just like its integrations with other productivity tools such as GSuite, Gmail, Dropbox, Evernote, and others, Shelf integrates with your workflow seamlessly. Being organized with regard to digital content creates new opportunities for work, collaboration, and productivity, while also reducing stress and frustration that wasn't as visible before using Shelf.

Suleyman from Glovo

Useful knowledge base

User friendly software with lots of options and tools

Pros

Easy to use , a lot of features , more options

Cons

Everything was great , had some problems with assist but i think its because of language

Company's decision

Luis from Somerset Systems, LLC

Amazing internal knowledge base!

Pros

We use Shelf as our knowledge base and onboarding tool for IT employees. We like how easy it is to organize different media (text, links to online articles, uploaded files, audio files, image files, video files, etc) into groups and folders. It integrates well into our existing systems and serves as our main focal point for organization.

Murph from Sharpen

My content team has come to live by Shelf.

Pros

Given the expanse of the internet, Shelf is a necessary tool for keeping track of research. Shelf saves us hours by keeping us from backtracking, shuffling links and losing "that one great thing I read somewhere." Apart from storage and organization, Shelf's advanced OCR features help us process giant documents so we can find the perfect section without reading endless pages. As we build our library of material, Shelf is replacing Google as my first place to look for data.

Buff from MindOpolis.com

Great product and great customer service!

We use Shelf with our Center of Emphasis service.

Pros

The easy-to-use organizational structure and web clipper are both superb for curating, organizing and tagging information items into digital libraries. OCR enabled search within all digital media including web content, documents, images, videos, presentations, media types and tags provides our users with fast and actionable views of even vast volumes of content.

Cons

I wish they had created Shelf sooner. There are very few collaborative taxonomy programs available and even fewer with the features and functionalities of Shelf.

Kris from Peterson's

Great tool for content management

Pros

The faceted search is invaluable to the work we do in managing our extensive collection of educational material.

Cons

Inability to download and tag multiple files/gems at once.

Adrienne from Strexer Harrop and Associates

A great tool!

It was a wonderful experience implementing Shelf. The project won the Partnership and Collaboration Award 2018 with Ontario's Economic Development Council.

Pros

It is easy to use and being able to store and share any format of data is very convenient.

Cons

The email addresses of other members are not stored, so when you want to share information, you need to know the address of that person (or copy and paste it from your email).

Shavaun from Crimson Consulting Ltd

Excellent user experience for an unfinished product. I look forward to seeing future updates.

Allows me to organise the massive amount of web content that I consume on a daily basis so that I can find it again.

Pros

It has a very visually aesthetic interface and allows you to add most content from the web to your own personal library.

Cons

It's very limited in functionality once you've saved content. There isn't anything to do except search for it. I have been informed that the developers will be adding such functionality in the future though!

Lotta from Etraveligroup

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Easy start up

Pros

Both user friendly for admins and users.

Cons

Please fix the table design. When you try to edit a table, the popup for "add more rows "etc always appears in the box you are suppose to add text in. Very irritating.

Reasons for Switching to Shelf

We switched to make it more userfriendly with one tool for all , FAQ on site, calls, emails, knowledge base etc.

Dana from The Mash Marketing

Brilliant!

This is such a great product! An absolutely brilliant idea that has completely streamlined my work processes and save me time every day.

Pros

Being able to search by multiple functions, like file type, keywords and date. Sometimes I know I have something, but can't remember what it was called or where or when I stored it. Shelf solves that problem.

Cons

I wish they had more integrations, I want to use it with everything.

Will

Ameer from Blockgeeks

Shelf is an amazing Sharing tool

Pros

Definitely the most user-friendly knowledge management tool out there. Good for cross-team collaboration. UX is clean, attractive, and intuitive. It doesn’t take much time with the software to be able to effectively and easily use it.

Cons

Would be great if there was a bulk tagging feature, that is probably only one of my main complaints.

Dave from Slalom

Really nailed this one!

Not only are we pleased with how shelf.io functions (so much so that we have made it our entire practice's document repository), but Colin's AMAZING customer service gives us confidence that we will be supported using shelf if/when anything comes up. If you're looking for a easy to use, effective content repository, this is by far the way to go! Thanks guys!

Pros

Easy to use - the web clipper revolutionizes how to quickly add web content and share with team members.

Cons

Lack of a rating system is pretty unfortunate. Although I think that's coming in the future.

Glen from A-1 Truck Parts

Solving a need we have had for years

A single location that is accessible to my team to use and share material.

Pros

A single and accessible location for all needed and relevant material; not just documents A design so intuitive that they anticipate customer's needs before they need them. Superior customer interaction that goes beyond just support. Customizable to be tailor fit.

Cons

The standard badges that are an additional tag for materials so to highlight them for other users don't fit my organization and therefore need to be able to be created or edited. Please note that I already passed this suggested to Shelf io Management and they are already working on it.

Love this tool

Pros

-Being able to organize information in a meaningful way. -This is so important for distributed teams

Cons

What's not to like? At the moment, its doesn't seem like there are as many integrations are there could be!