Teamwork Spaces Software Reviews

Find out more:

Find out more:

Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"I love how the oganization of the pages feels natural, and it is easy to navigate and find what you need."
  • icon"Nice commenting and editing features. Great collaboration (writing at the same time)."
  • icon"The software is easy to use, covers so many various aspects of business that you are then able to end using so many other apps."
  • icon"I really can't think of anything missing at the moment."
  • icon"Not possible to simultaneously work together on an article. Inserting URL links in editor mode can crash sometimes."
  • icon"No option to migrate content between Spaces, meaning that it had to be manually done when we moved to a new teamwork site."

Have you used Teamwork Spaces and would like to share your experience with others?

All Teamwork Spaces Reviews

Omi

Perfect for a busy digital agency

Excellent experience. Easy to follow documentation, great customer service and they are constantly improving or adding great features. Their design team actually listens to customer feedback. Designed as if they themselves own an agency!

Pros

All the connected features including chat, which can be connected to each project or simply by Client, Customer support via ticketing and Spaces, which is like an internal Wiki, perfect for documenting processes. Everything is intuitive and easy to use. Plus you get unlimited Client access (customizable) and collaborator access for freelancers. The workload tool helps easily plan for resources and the time tracking and alerts make it easy to stay within scope.

Cons

The task lists could be a little more flexible for templating.

Reasons for choosing Teamwork Spaces

Easier to use, connects with HubSpot, friendly customer service, great documentation.

Reasons for switching to Teamwork Spaces

Mavenlink was too expensive, cumbersome and difficult to customize. Features promised during the sale turned out to be add-ons at an extra cost (to an already expensive product) They had mediocre customer service and difficult to follow support. They also will not let you out of the contract no matter how bad your experience.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Omi, Thanks for a great review of Teamwork Spaces - it's great to hear it has helped with your company's resource and time management! I've passed your feedback about our task list feature onto the product team Many thanks Karen at Teamwork

Replied February 2021

Great tool for meeting notes, technical documents and client SOPs.

Teamwork spaces is great. I loved Dropbox paper for years which was a similar product but since our team uses teamwork this integrates better and has some features which give it a leg up on the Dropbox Paper competition.

Pros

Quick ability to enter data in a format that is deliverable quality. No more messing with word documents and dropbox. Spaces gives us quick and professional documents that can be shared without an admin formatting, etc.

Cons

My only issue is the way tasks are implemented. As tasks are crossed off the list they go away so if we go to look back at an implementation document or meeting notes we can't see the original lists of tasks. Would be great if we could just see the original list without completed tasks going away. In meetings we often look back at prior meeting notes to see what has been completed and this isn't possible with the embedded lists not showing completed tasks.

Integration with Teamwork.

Reasons for switching to Teamwork Spaces

Already using Teamwork for project management, this way we can enter tasks directly from the document without having to use a 3rd party sync tool (or build one).

Response from Teamwork.com

Hello, It's great to hear you are enjoying Teamwork Spaces. I've passed your comments about the task feature onto the product team to investigate this further. Kind regards, Karen at Teamwork

Mario

Easy to use with nice features

We switched from Spaces to Gitbook because of some missing features. After an update of Spaces we decided to move back from Gitbook to Spaces, because it is much easier to use for Business and it has awesome commenting and change tracking features. The only thing we still miss, is the possibility for guests to read and comment. But I am sure, it will follow.

Pros

- Easy to use - Integration to Teamwork Projects - Nice commenting and editing features - Great collaboration (writing at the same time)

Cons

- Some missing text format options - No read only for external (not payed) users

Because we use already Teamwork Projects

Reasons for switching to Teamwork Spaces

Missing features of commenting and easy change tracking, easy use

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Mario, Thanks for your review of Teamwork Spaces. It's great to hear that Teamwork has helped your team's collaboration. I've passed your feedback about text formatting onto our design team to investigate this further. Have a great day, Karen at Teamwork

MIMI

TEAMWORK SPACES

Pros

Teamwork Spaces is great for onboarding new contractors and new clients. It is a one-stop-shop portal for all information

Cons

There wasn't anything that I didn't like about the software itself. The per-user pricing structure was not feasible. I was needing a platform to house the information for when I onboard clients and new contractors and this would have fit the bill except for the price.

Reasons for switching to Teamwork Spaces

Dubsado offered what I needed at an affordable price. The pricing was based on the platform - not per user.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Mimi, Thanks for leaving a review of Teamwork. We are sorry to see you go - if you ever wish to contact us we are available at support@teamwork.com to talk about these issues. Kind regards, Karen at Teamwork

Sabrina

Teamwork Spaces

Overall I am very satisfied with Spaces and I'm very glad our company decided to utilize it more. Right now we have all of our policies and procedures there! and we're continuously expanding it and writing more, I am excited for all the new features that are to come!

Pros

I really enjoy how several people can work on the same document at once and not publish it until it's ready. I also enjoy all the new features inside a document, like the table of contents, notes, statuses, etc.

Cons

It does get glitchy sometimes but that hasn't happened in a few months, and even then the customer service was excellent and they resolved our issue.

Reasons for switching to Teamwork Spaces

Because clearly Spaces is better suited for what we were using the drive for (documents, handbooks, policies, procedures). The "Required Read" (not sure if that's how it's called) feature in Spaces is key!

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Sabrina, Thanks for a great review of Teamwork Spaces! Our team have worked really hard in the last few months to avoid glitches - so it's good to hear this hasn't happened in a few months. Many thanks, Karen at Teamwork

Benoit

Nice tools

I did select this product and customize it adapted to our needs

Pros

It's Easy to use and understand by everyone.

Cons

All the feature that help my team to follow project

Im not using space

Reasons for switching to Teamwork Spaces

Multi project overview, time / billing management

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Benoit, Thanks for your review of Teamwork. Don't hesitate to contact us at support@teamwork.com if you ever need anything or wish to submit a feature request. Have a great day, Karen at Teamwork

Joshua

Teamwork Spaces - High Value Wiki for Company Processes

We utilize spaces as our knowledge base and process repository. It links with respective projects in Teamwork and makes task completion easy.

Pros

Integrates easily with Teamwork Projects. Loads of features for the cost.

Cons

No cons that I have run into. Bug free and works exactly as I need.

Reasons for choosing Teamwork Spaces

Integration with Teamwork projects. Low cost for the features.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Joshua, Thanks for a great review of Teamwork Space - our team will be delighted with this feedback. No issues? That's music to our ears - our main goal is to make our customers happy! If you ever need anything - contact us at support@teamwork.com, our support team are an amazing bunch and are always available to assist our customers. Many thanks, Karen at Teamwork

Kae

Best Training & Process Documenting Addition to My Existing Systems

It’s been a great experience so far.

Pros

I love that Spaces integrates with Projects. The ability to assign a training and attach a task list to it is very functional and has allowed us to bring our training internal.

Cons

I’ve not discovered any pain points yet. We’re new to the software so still getting accustomed to it.

Reasons for switching to Teamwork Spaces

I wanted my team to login once and be able up find everything they needed in one spot

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Kae, It's great to hear that you are enjoying Teamwork Spaces - welcome to the Teamwork family! Our support team are available at support@teamwork.com if you ever need anything. Have a great day, Karen at Teamwork

Amanda

Great Internal Knowledgebase!

Pros

I love how super simple it is to create new content and update existing articles; it's especially helpful to be able to set articles to "Required Reading" so that teammates can stay up-to-date on processes and protocols. And I appreciate how the articles can be integrated with Teamwork Projects when applicable.

Cons

I do wish that there were some additional options for organizing all the content. We have a lot for each department and our agency as a whole which can make placement a bit difficult to figure out. The search functionality has been super helpful in this regard, though!

Reasons for switching to Teamwork Spaces

We needed more functionality and wanted to consolidate our tech stack - since we were already using Teamwork Projects, it made sense.

Hal

Does the basics, slowly

Like the rest of Teamwork, it does the basics, but doesn't do them well or smoothly. It covers the features that you want but lacks elegance and streamlined functionality for a more efficient workflow.

Pros

I like that you can assign action items into Teamwork Project directly from Spaces.

Cons

Tables are clunky and horrible to use. Insertion of pictures is also clunky and unreliable. General performance is slow and bogged down, requiring lots of patience when loading, logging in, updating, etc.

Reasons for choosing Teamwork Spaces

Teamwork seemed to offer all the features we needed - cloud documentation, project management, time tracking. We consolidated on one tool to avoid having to move and live in different ecosystems. However, what we quickly discovered was that Teamwork does everything, but doesn't do any of them well. Overall, Teamwork is slow and clunky, requiring a lot of patience for load times, many button clicks (and no keyboard shortcuts) for most tasks, and just generally slowing down workflow. The basics are there but not a lot of thought or design has been applied to streamlining them or making them a joy to use. Teamwork Spaces meets the same low bar that the rest of Teamwork sets.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Hal, Thanks for your review of Teamwork Spaces. We are sorry to hear you had a disappointing experience with Teamwork Spaces, could you email us at support@teamwork.com so we can look into this further? Kind regards, Karen at Teamwork

Casey

Spaces for Training

Product is simple to use and is great for creating training modules. Still has some frustrating lack of features.

Pros

• The ability to stream videos in Dropbox and play then right from a page in Spaces • Ability to control access • Required reading

Cons

• Cannot make multiple pages/sections required reading at one time. We have to select 1 page at a time. Very frustrating! • Cannot create links in alert boxes • Cannot add collaborator users to the Spaces.

Reasons for choosing Teamwork Spaces

Teamwork gave me a discount compared to Monday.com.

Reasons for switching to Teamwork Spaces

Teamwork was HIPAA compliant, more security, more features in Teamwork projects that we needed.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Casey, Thanks for your review of Teamwork Spaces. I've noted your issues and will pass them onto the support team to look into this further. If you ever have any issues or wish to submit a feature request - contact us at support@teamwork.com. Have a great day, Karen at Teamwork

Paula

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Teamwork Spaces Replaced Google Sheets

I build a lot of funnels and really love that Draw.io allows me to put the funnel directly into a document with the proposal and we can do project management directly from what we create.

Pros

I was skeptical at first when I saw Teamwork Spaces because my team has used Google Drive exclusively for coordinating document work and I wasn't feeling we should change. As I got into the functionality of Teamwork Spaces, though, I quickly changed my mind. I really like that we can implement the templates and Draw.io right into our document so easily. Our teams use Teamwork Spaces exclusively now. I like that it helps to keep the information right with the project and we don't have to search for what we need.

Cons

It was a bit rough getting the correct team members into the correct "space" to work on a project. I think we figured that out now, but still think that could be an easier process. It almost acts like a separate product than Teamwork than an extension.

Reasons for choosing Teamwork Spaces

We didn't really switch and weren't looking, but I like that I can keep our work all in the same place.

You can see above.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Paula, Thanks for a great review of Teamwork Spaces. We love to see a 10/10 score! It's great to hear Teamwork Spaces has enabled you to store all your information in one place! I've passed your suggestions about the onboarding process onto the product team to investigate this further. If you ever have any issues or wish to submit a feature request - contact us at support@teamwork.com. Have a great day, Karen at Teamwork

Paden

Great Software for Organizing a Team

We use this tool as a way to migrate away from Google Drive folders containing documents for the team on knowledge bases, forms, practices, workflows, sprint retrospectives, and more. For this use case it is very helpful.

Pros

Easy to use, supports revision, has the ability to require reading and sign off on it, supports notifying watchers of changes to a document. Support for collaborative editing is also a great feature to have. The UI is easy to use and allows us to create great looking pages for our team to walk through different workflows or create SOPs that the teams need to know about.

Cons

There is a "project integration" feature with Teamwork Projects but this really just adds a clickable link to a single project. It would be better to have the ability to add a list of "Quick Links" to the sidebar or have some other tighter project based integration where you can create a team of people in one area and then give that team access to the project and any linked spaces. The user administration allows you to get granular but the "project integration" feature just doesn't do much for us. In addition, having more language options for the code blocks would be nice. The tool is even missing some of the options that are available in the code block feature in Teamwork Projects including our primary language. Adding code styling for major languages or tools such as PHP, ASP, Java, Shell/BASH, Go, Python, etc would be an added bonus. Some items cannot be copied and pasted from the editor such as the alerts or table of contents elements so if you are trying to cut and paste sections you may run into problems. Cannot do granular permissions for pages within a space. If we want to give someone outside our team access to a page from our space we either have to copy it to their space or give them access to our space as a whole.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Paden, Thanks for such a detailed review of Teamwork Spaces - we really appreciate it. I've passed your feedback onto the team - this feedback really helps us improve and update our products! Stay in touch with us at support@teamwork.com if you ever have any issues or wish to submit a feature request. Have a great day, Karen at Teamwork

Jesse

Project Manager Review

I LOVE Teamwork! Overall, it's been one of my more favourite project management tools to use. Over the years we have found a few bugs but the Teamwork team is always quick to resolve everything so, the customer service experience has been really great as well.

Pros

I truly love the overall UI experience and easy of use. This product is robust enough for Project Managers to organize and manage complex projects, but the UI makes it very easy to use for the average team user who needs to input comments and time logs. I also love the client user feature, that allows us to invite our clients into their own projects to see what's going on.

Cons

I don't really dislike anything! I just have a bit of a wish-list for future development: 1. More robust reporting capabilities. The reporting is really limited. You can only search and filter on a limited number of things. Ideally, it would be nice to have a much more robust reporting feature so that Project Managers can pull more detailed Project Status reports. 2. I wish there was a feature like Forecast, to be able to see an overall view of what is happening in all projects or what the entire team is scheduled for each day. I know that you guys are working to implement this soon though!

Response from Teamwork.com

Hello, Thanks for the great review of Teamwork Spaces! Our design team will be delighted to hear you are enjoying the UI! Wow - thanks for such a detailed wish list - our support team will be delighted with this! Kind regards, Karen at Teamwork

Julie

Great Solution for Documentation

All of our process documents are now stored in Spaces. We have processes for daily, monthly, year end and as needed. Our team knows to visit Spaces and can find an article quickly to help them with whatever issue they are working on at the time.

Pros

I love how it is one place to hold all of our process documents. It is easy to write up a new process within Spaces, the interface is very intuitive. Also, adding links back to other pages within the Spaces is very easy as well. The "required reading" feature is quiet useful. Updates to processes are available to users immediately without having to publish an update.

Cons

I really can't think of anything missing at the moment.

Reasons for choosing Teamwork Spaces

We had been writing Word documents and saving as PDFs. Whenever we had to make an update, we had to create a new pdf document and then email it around to all of our users. With Spaces, we update the document (particular page of document) and next time a users access Spaces, they have immediate access to the update.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Julie, Thanks an amazing review of Teamwork Spaces - we really appreciate it. Nothing missing? That is great to hear! Contact us at support@teamwork.com if you ever need anything. Many thanks, Karen at Teamwork

Lauren