All Teamwork Spaces Reviews

Tammy

E-Learning, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2020

Incredible Project Management, CRM, Collaboration software available

We have team members Worldwide and this software makes it easy to collaborate on projects.

PROS

The customer service is bar none the best around. The software is easy to use, covers so many various aspects of business that you are then able to end using so many other apps. Finally all of your information can be in one location for your team to work on. Especially like their CHAT app which makes it easy to communicate with team members from around the World. Their SPACES app allows everyone to work on the projects in one single location. Their project management portion allows us to manage many tasks at one time and edit, update and even switch task owners with ease. I highly recommend this software for you as a single member organization or one that has many, many team members.

CONS

I have not found any issues with the software. I have faith in the management and customer service team to handle anything that should occur.

Reasons for switching to Teamwork Spaces

It was far easier to have one app instead of multiple apps.

Hi Tammy, Thanks for leaving us a great review of Teamwork Spaces! Our product teams have been working hard to bring you the best possible product, and the best possible support! Should you ever have any questions or queries, our support team are available 24/7 to help you however possible - support@teamwork.com :) Many thanks, Nancy at Teamwork :)

Replied March 2020

Omi

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2020

Perfect for a busy digital agency

Excellent experience. Easy to follow documentation, great customer service and they are constantly improving or adding great features. Their design team actually listens to customer feedback. Designed as if they themselves own an agency!

PROS

All the connected features including chat, which can be connected to each project or simply by Client, Customer support via ticketing and Spaces, which is like an internal Wiki, perfect for documenting processes. Everything is intuitive and easy to use. Plus you get unlimited Client access (customizable) and collaborator access for freelancers. The workload tool helps easily plan for resources and the time tracking and alerts make it easy to stay within scope.

CONS

The task lists could be a little more flexible for templating.

Reason for choosing Teamwork Spaces

Easier to use, connects with HubSpot, friendly customer service, great documentation.

Reasons for switching to Teamwork Spaces

Mavenlink was too expensive, cumbersome and difficult to customize. Features promised during the sale turned out to be add-ons at an extra cost (to an already expensive product) They had mediocre customer service and difficult to follow support. They also will not let you out of the contract no matter how bad your experience.

Hi Omi, Thanks for a great review of Teamwork Spaces - it's great to hear it has helped with your company's resource and time management! I've passed your feedback about our task list feature onto the product team Many thanks Karen at Teamwork

Hal

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 employees

Does the basics, slowly

Like the rest of Teamwork, it does the basics, but doesn't do them well or smoothly. It covers the features that you want but lacks elegance and streamlined functionality for a more efficient workflow.

PROS

I like that you can assign action items into Teamwork Project directly from Spaces.

CONS

Tables are clunky and horrible to use. Insertion of pictures is also clunky and unreliable. General performance is slow and bogged down, requiring lots of patience when loading, logging in, updating, etc.

Reason for choosing Teamwork Spaces

Teamwork seemed to offer all the features we needed - cloud documentation, project management, time tracking. We consolidated on one tool to avoid having to move and live in different ecosystems. However, what we quickly discovered was that Teamwork does everything, but doesn't do any of them well. Overall, Teamwork is slow and clunky, requiring a lot of patience for load times, many button clicks (and no keyboard shortcuts) for most tasks, and just generally slowing down workflow. The basics are there but not a lot of thought or design has been applied to streamlining them or making them a joy to use. Teamwork Spaces meets the same low bar that the rest of Teamwork sets.

Hi Hal, Thanks for your review of Teamwork Spaces. We are sorry to hear you had a disappointing experience with Teamwork Spaces, could you email us at support@teamwork.com so we can look into this further? Kind regards, Karen at Teamwork

Reviewed September 2020

Great tool for meeting notes, technical documents and client SOPs.

Teamwork spaces is great. I loved Dropbox paper for years which was a similar product but since our team uses teamwork this integrates better and has some features which give it a leg up on the Dropbox Paper competition.

PROS

Quick ability to enter data in a format that is deliverable quality. No more messing with word documents and dropbox. Spaces gives us quick and professional documents that can be shared without an admin formatting, etc.

CONS

My only issue is the way tasks are implemented. As tasks are crossed off the list they go away so if we go to look back at an implementation document or meeting notes we can't see the original lists of tasks. Would be great if we could just see the original list without completed tasks going away. In meetings we often look back at prior meeting notes to see what has been completed and this isn't possible with the embedded lists not showing completed tasks.

Integration with Teamwork.

Reasons for switching to Teamwork Spaces

Already using Teamwork for project management, this way we can enter tasks directly from the document without having to use a 3rd party sync tool (or build one).

Hello, It's great to hear you are enjoying Teamwork Spaces. I've passed your comments about the task feature onto the product team to investigate this further. Kind regards, Karen at Teamwork

Sabrina

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Teamwork Spaces

Overall I am very satisfied with Spaces and I'm very glad our company decided to utilize it more. Right now we have all of our policies and procedures there! and we're continuously expanding it and writing more, I am excited for all the new features that are to come!

PROS

I really enjoy how several people can work on the same document at once and not publish it until it's ready. I also enjoy all the new features inside a document, like the table of contents, notes, statuses, etc.

CONS

It does get glitchy sometimes but that hasn't happened in a few months, and even then the customer service was excellent and they resolved our issue.

Reasons for switching to Teamwork Spaces

Because clearly Spaces is better suited for what we were using the drive for (documents, handbooks, policies, procedures). The "Required Read" (not sure if that's how it's called) feature in Spaces is key!

Hi Sabrina, Thanks for a great review of Teamwork Spaces! Our team have worked really hard in the last few months to avoid glitches - so it's good to hear this hasn't happened in a few months. Many thanks, Karen at Teamwork

Benoit

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Nice tools

I did select this product and customize it adapted to our needs

PROS

It's Easy to use and understand by everyone.

CONS

All the feature that help my team to follow project

Im not using space

Reasons for switching to Teamwork Spaces

Multi project overview, time / billing management

Hi Benoit, Thanks for your review of Teamwork. Don't hesitate to contact us at support@teamwork.com if you ever need anything or wish to submit a feature request. Have a great day, Karen at Teamwork

Amanda

E-Learning, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Fairly Decent Platform for Managing Projects

Overall, it's pretty decent. It beats platforms such as Nifty but I think there are better options out there.

PROS

I like that I can easily control who sees what conversation and who is notified on projects, documents, and messages that I post.

CONS

The structuring of the conversations is very odd and varies between desktop and mobile. On mobile, the newest conversation is on top but then the order doesn't follow that, which isn't intuitive to following threads. On desktop, it views normally. It has caused much confusion over the years.

Reasons for switching to Teamwork Spaces

Slack was very convoluted with the conversations and things kept getting lost to all members.

MIMI

Reviewed July 2020

TEAMWORK SPACES

PROS

Teamwork Spaces is great for onboarding new contractors and new clients. It is a one-stop-shop portal for all information

CONS

There wasn't anything that I didn't like about the software itself. The per-user pricing structure was not feasible. I was needing a platform to house the information for when I onboard clients and new contractors and this would have fit the bill except for the price.

Reasons for switching to Teamwork Spaces

Dubsado offered what I needed at an affordable price. The pricing was based on the platform - not per user.

Hi Mimi, Thanks for leaving a review of Teamwork. We are sorry to see you go - if you ever wish to contact us we are available at support@teamwork.com to talk about these issues. Kind regards, Karen at Teamwork

Joshua

Retail, 2-10 employees

Teamwork Spaces - High Value Wiki for Company Processes

We utilize spaces as our knowledge base and process repository. It links with respective projects in Teamwork and makes task completion easy.

PROS

Integrates easily with Teamwork Projects. Loads of features for the cost.

CONS

No cons that I have run into. Bug free and works exactly as I need.

Reason for choosing Teamwork Spaces

Integration with Teamwork projects. Low cost for the features.

Hi Joshua, Thanks for a great review of Teamwork Space - our team will be delighted with this feedback. No issues? That's music to our ears - our main goal is to make our customers happy! If you ever need anything - contact us at support@teamwork.com, our support team are an amazing bunch and are always available to assist our customers. Many thanks, Karen at Teamwork

Paula

Outsourcing/Offshoring, 2-10 employees

Teamwork Spaces Replaced Google Sheets

I build a lot of funnels and really love that Draw.io allows me to put the funnel directly into a document with the proposal and we can do project management directly from what we create.

PROS

I was skeptical at first when I saw Teamwork Spaces because my team has used Google Drive exclusively for coordinating document work and I wasn't feeling we should change. As I got into the functionality of Teamwork Spaces, though, I quickly changed my mind. I really like that we can implement the templates and Draw.io right into our document so easily. Our teams use Teamwork Spaces exclusively now. I like that it helps to keep the information right with the project and we don't have to search for what we need.

CONS

It was a bit rough getting the correct team members into the correct "space" to work on a project. I think we figured that out now, but still think that could be an easier process. It almost acts like a separate product than Teamwork than an extension.

Reason for choosing Teamwork Spaces

We didn't really switch and weren't looking, but I like that I can keep our work all in the same place.

You can see above.

Hi Paula, Thanks for a great review of Teamwork Spaces. We love to see a 10/10 score! It's great to hear Teamwork Spaces has enabled you to store all your information in one place! I've passed your suggestions about the onboarding process onto the product team to investigate this further. If you ever have any issues or wish to submit a feature request - contact us at support@teamwork.com. Have a great day, Karen at Teamwork

Mario

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2020

Easy to use with nice features

We switched from Spaces to Gitbook because of some missing features. After an update of Spaces we decided to move back from Gitbook to Spaces, because it is much easier to use for Business and it has awesome commenting and change tracking features. The only thing we still miss, is the possibility for guests to read and comment. But I am sure, it will follow.

PROS

- Easy to use - Integration to Teamwork Projects - Nice commenting and editing features - Great collaboration (writing at the same time)

CONS

- Some missing text format options - No read only for external (not payed) users

Because we use already Teamwork Projects

Reasons for switching to Teamwork Spaces

Missing features of commenting and easy change tracking, easy use

Hi Mario, Thanks for your review of Teamwork Spaces. It's great to hear that Teamwork has helped your team's collaboration. I've passed your feedback about text formatting onto our design team to investigate this further. Have a great day, Karen at Teamwork

Casey

Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 employees

Spaces for Training

Product is simple to use and is great for creating training modules. Still has some frustrating lack of features.

PROS

• The ability to stream videos in Dropbox and play then right from a page in Spaces • Ability to control access • Required reading

CONS

• Cannot make multiple pages/sections required reading at one time. We have to select 1 page at a time. Very frustrating! • Cannot create links in alert boxes • Cannot add collaborator users to the Spaces.

Reason for choosing Teamwork Spaces

Teamwork gave me a discount compared to Monday.com.

Reasons for switching to Teamwork Spaces

Teamwork was HIPAA compliant, more security, more features in Teamwork projects that we needed.

Hi Casey, Thanks for your review of Teamwork Spaces. I've noted your issues and will pass them onto the support team to look into this further. If you ever have any issues or wish to submit a feature request - contact us at support@teamwork.com. Have a great day, Karen at Teamwork

Paden

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Great Software for Organizing a Team

We use this tool as a way to migrate away from Google Drive folders containing documents for the team on knowledge bases, forms, practices, workflows, sprint retrospectives, and more. For this use case it is very helpful.

PROS

Easy to use, supports revision, has the ability to require reading and sign off on it, supports notifying watchers of changes to a document. Support for collaborative editing is also a great feature to have. The UI is easy to use and allows us to create great looking pages for our team to walk through different workflows or create SOPs that the teams need to know about.

CONS

There is a "project integration" feature with Teamwork Projects but this really just adds a clickable link to a single project. It would be better to have the ability to add a list of "Quick Links" to the sidebar or have some other tighter project based integration where you can create a team of people in one area and then give that team access to the project and any linked spaces. The user administration allows you to get granular but the "project integration" feature just doesn't do much for us. In addition, having more language options for the code blocks would be nice. The tool is even missing some of the options that are available in the code block feature in Teamwork Projects including our primary language. Adding code styling for major languages or tools such as PHP, ASP, Java, Shell/BASH, Go, Python, etc would be an added bonus. Some items cannot be copied and pasted from the editor such as the alerts or table of contents elements so if you are trying to cut and paste sections you may run into problems. Cannot do granular permissions for pages within a space. If we want to give someone outside our team access to a page from our space we either have to copy it to their space or give them access to our space as a whole.

Hi Paden, Thanks for such a detailed review of Teamwork Spaces - we really appreciate it. I've passed your feedback onto the team - this feedback really helps us improve and update our products! Stay in touch with us at support@teamwork.com if you ever have any issues or wish to submit a feature request. Have a great day, Karen at Teamwork

Jesse

Project Manager Review

I LOVE Teamwork! Overall, it's been one of my more favourite project management tools to use. Over the years we have found a few bugs but the Teamwork team is always quick to resolve everything so, the customer service experience has been really great as well.

PROS

I truly love the overall UI experience and easy of use. This product is robust enough for Project Managers to organize and manage complex projects, but the UI makes it very easy to use for the average team user who needs to input comments and time logs. I also love the client user feature, that allows us to invite our clients into their own projects to see what's going on.

CONS

I don't really dislike anything! I just have a bit of a wish-list for future development: 1. More robust reporting capabilities. The reporting is really limited. You can only search and filter on a limited number of things. Ideally, it would be nice to have a much more robust reporting feature so that Project Managers can pull more detailed Project Status reports. 2. I wish there was a feature like Forecast, to be able to see an overall view of what is happening in all projects or what the entire team is scheduled for each day. I know that you guys are working to implement this soon though!

Hello, Thanks for the great review of Teamwork Spaces! Our design team will be delighted to hear you are enjoying the UI! Wow - thanks for such a detailed wish list - our support team will be delighted with this! Kind regards, Karen at Teamwork

Julie

Accounting, 51-200 employees

Great Solution for Documentation

All of our process documents are now stored in Spaces. We have processes for daily, monthly, year end and as needed. Our team knows to visit Spaces and can find an article quickly to help them with whatever issue they are working on at the time.

PROS

I love how it is one place to hold all of our process documents. It is easy to write up a new process within Spaces, the interface is very intuitive. Also, adding links back to other pages within the Spaces is very easy as well. The "required reading" feature is quiet useful. Updates to processes are available to users immediately without having to publish an update.

CONS

I really can't think of anything missing at the moment.

Reason for choosing Teamwork Spaces

We had been writing Word documents and saving as PDFs. Whenever we had to make an update, we had to create a new pdf document and then email it around to all of our users. With Spaces, we update the document (particular page of document) and next time a users access Spaces, they have immediate access to the update.

Hi Julie, Thanks an amazing review of Teamwork Spaces - we really appreciate it. Nothing missing? That is great to hear! Contact us at support@teamwork.com if you ever need anything. Many thanks, Karen at Teamwork

Lauren

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

One-stop Shop for Information

Our team has been using Teamwork Projects, CRM, and Desk, and adding Spaces to our suite of Teamwork tools was a no-brainer. Even in the first few months, this has already proven to be a great solution to creating a one-stop shop for information our team needs, vs. having to look in multiple locations for it. We're excited to build this out even further and increase efficiency across the organization.

PROS

Spaces is very easy to use and has great tutorials and support, which is a huge plus when you're rolling out to your team, regardless if that's in-office or remote.

CONS

I'd like to have more page formatting, privacy/access and notification options, and more integration options with the other Teamwork suite of tools (CRM, Desk, Projects).

Reason for choosing Teamwork Spaces

We were already using the remaining suite of Teamwork tools, the price point was great, and for rolling out team-wide, it seemed like it would have the most successful adoption due to ease of use. Also, we've had a consistently excellent experience with the Teamwork team and support, which is a great benefit when rolling out a new team resource, and just in general.

Hey Lauren, Thanks for a great review of Teamwork Spaces and your nice comments about the our team - they will be delighted. I've passed your requests onto the product team to look into this further. Many thanks, Karen at Teamwork

Reviewed September 2020

Very simple and easy to use tool. Works nice with Tw suite

Overall experiencie is Ok, I think is a very simple and new project aht compare to other players in the industry like process s or Trainanual still in early stages. If you you use Teamwork projects and you are un a Budget this is a good tool to use.

PROS

Integrates seamlessly with other teamwork products, is easy to use, affordable, and gets the job done. If you are looking a place where all your process and documentation can live and you are using Teamwork Project this is a no-brainer for you.

CONS

The simplicity is one of its strenghs but is also one of their biggest downtruns. They are lacking basic functionalities to make the product more efficient and easy to use. For example you can make a require reading of one space ( folder or book) but you don't have control if the person who will consume that content skiped pages or actually review all the material.

Reason for choosing Teamwork Spaces

Price and seamless integration with Teamwork projects

Hello, Thanks for your review of Teamwork Spaces. I've noted your comments and passed them onto the development team. Kind regards, Karen at Teamwork

Chelsea