(3,484)

2,124

Browse Wix Reviews

Kristie from Kristie Kim Design

Perfect for Service-Related Businesses

Wix has been my favorite platform to promote my products but in 2021, I decided to switch things up and create a Shopify store with a domain name because Wix was not helping me generate sales at all. It became too pricey, too complicated, and the packages didn't offer discount options during the pandemic, so I had to hire a freelancer from Upwork. The Wix experts never communicated well with me, were slow when providing the service, and did not complete the project.

Pros

My favorite part of the software is the videomaking tool. Along with the videos I create, I can post them in a template through Wix and send my newsletters to my subscribers and customers. Wix does a great job of keeping a track of my subscribers and having an organized analytics page. I don't think Wix is disorganized at all. It can be pricey for the different type of services to make my website stand out on Google search, but there are discounts from time to time.

Cons

My least favorite part of Wix is how it is weak in sales. I had to create a Shopify store to promote the sales part of my business because Wix is more efficient for service-related companies. When I do use the videomaking feature, there aren't that many video templates to choose from. Instead, I am limited on the template designs. For music, it is endless, but I don't plan to use every type of audio in my videos. The other issue is price. I hired a freelancer from Wix to help me with my SEO and it was $100 for just linking SEO and I thought it was too pricey. I ended up using Upwork to hire someone else to help me promote my products. The freelancers signed up in Wix (also called Experts) are not good with communication and they are too expensive.

Reasons for Choosing Wix

I decided to keep Wix but I don't see myself trying to generate sales on there. I have created a Shopify account to generate sales and income while my Wix will be used as a portfolio website. It is just used to generate traffic, not generate sales. The traffic I receive to Wix will be used to generate sales on Shopify.

Emeka from Innovation Growth Hub

An Awesome Website Builder

I use wix to build my business website. Considering that it is free to use, I didn't have to spend any budget to get my business website done. I also didn't have to pay website developers as all I needed to get things done were available on the Wix platform.

Pros

Wix is a drag and drop website builder. There are many reasons for which I love Wix, among them include: 1. Free to Use: Wix is a free to use website builder. It is one of the most widely used Content Management Systems (CMS). Despite the fact that Wix is a free software, it can be used to build a stunning website. 2. Free domain name and free hosting: Wix provides users with a free domain name, and also a free hosting on which to build their desired websites. 3. Availability of templates: Wix have templates available, and I only had to choose a desired template to get started. 4. Easy learning curve: I'm tempted to say that Wix have no, or a straight (linear) learning curve as one can get started immediately after creating an account on Wix. This was amazing for me. 5. Availability of sections: Wix webpages can be built in sections. This make it easy to design and edit a page. 6. Responsiveness: Wix pages are mobile responsive. By this I never had to bother about how to make my website responsive for visitors who are using mobile devices to access it. Wix automatically creates a mobile responsive version, and the final outlook of a page on mobile can be previewed while still designing the page.

Cons

It's very hard to point out anything I don't like about Wix. All the while I've been using Wix, it'd been a pleasurable experience. The only problem I have with Wix is the cost of the premium version. I consider the premium version to be expensive for a beginner who is looking to operate on a lean budget.

Reasons for Choosing Wix

I was looking for a platform that can allow me drag and drop elements to create a website. WordPress could do that, but I'll need to install an additional plugin. With Wix, I could start building a website using the drag and drop editor without having to install any other software.

Robin from Folly Oysters

Wix is leading the way in website design!

I have found that by switching to Wix, my business is more of what I want it to be. I have more control of the feel and look of my business. The money I’ve saved has been phenomenal. They may not offer all the bells and whistles of larger brands, but 99% of the time you don’t need or want those bells or whistles. The larger brands charge wether you use them or not.

Pros

The most innovative feature Wix offers is the right click feature in editing your images or text. The drag and drop feature combined with the right click feature, makes designing or editing a breeze. Wix allows the most customization with their templates than any of the competitors. This allows you to create your website to reflect your vision.

Cons

There are a couple of cons to Wix. 1) Once you pick a template, you cannot change to a different template. However, if you’re constantly changing the over all design, you’re wasting time and revenue. Have a clear vision for your website, and stick to it. 2) Although you have multiple avenues to contact customer service, a live person at inquiry is not one of them. You might have to take multiple steps to fix a problem, but they always pull through with a solution.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

I wanted a simpler way to run my business that was cost effective. My overhead has drastically decreased, and my website is more profitable using Wix.

Steve from Ellis Taylor Marketing

After 15 years of use I still love it!

Dispute the non existent customer service I have loved wix.

Pros

I’ve been using Wix for over 15 years and I still love it! The sites are still fast, very easy to build a great looking site, and they have a lot of great templates! I also love the other features they offer such as the AI web designer, logo designer, mailbox options, and even business number. I’ve designed hundreds of sites through wix and I absolutely love wix! There are a few annoyances which I’ll list below.

Cons

The biggest thing for me is the customer service. Whenever I’ve had technical issues they really have been hard to contact and not quick to respond. The other issue I have is the business phone number. It really is disappointing. When a call comes through it displays my business name, not who’s calling. So I can’t see if it’s a client or spam (and spam happens a lot). I contacted them about this several times and never heard back. Stick with Sideline in my opinion.

Reasons for Choosing Wix

I could write a very long section here but I’ll just say Wix runs circles around Squarespace. I tried going to Squarespace from wix because it was supposed to be so easy but once I wanted to customize anything it was either harder than wix or just not possible. Wix hands don is still the best.

Rayan from RAYZOX

Très bon site et super facile à utilisé pour les e-commerces

J'adore créé des sites avec wix pour vendre des objets pour mes abonnés YouTube le problèmes c'est que je n'est jamais de clients car ils penses à une arnaque vu que je prenais pas l'option payantes et qu'il y a marquer Wix dans l'url. Certains de mes (anciens) amis en on profité pour m'arnaquer en disant que si je leurs envoient un produits gratuit il pourrait me faire de la visibilités et aux final rien. Ce site à du potentiel on peut faire se qu'on veut dessus mais si on débourse pas d'argent personne ne connaîtra notre site et le verra.

Pros

J'aimes beaucoup le fait qu'il y est une possibilités gratuites et ceux à durée indéterminé qui nous permet donc de l'utilisé gratuitement si l'on veut. Tout est à disposition on peut mettre pas mal de choses sur notre site et ceux même avec l'option gratuite, on peut avoir un site plutôt complet. On peut aussi mettre un planning à disposition et on peut aussi créé plusieurs pages qui seront liés chacune les unes aux autres ultra facilement. On peut aussi masquer, démasquer et supprimer certaines pages et articles si on veux les publiés, les améliorés ou tout simplement les supprimés. On peut aussi faires des sites super beau et super instructifs ont peut aussi modifier le fond on peut rajoutés des images personnalisés et on peut choisir si la tva est imposables ou pas sur nos produits on peut aussi faire des frais de livraison différent pour diverses pays. On peut aussi vendre des objets virtuelles tels que des livres, pdf... On peut aussi affiché des compteurs de combiens de gens sont venus sur cette pages des compte à rebours si par exemple si on fait des promotions/réductions. On fixent nous mêmes les prix ont peut aussi faire des achats test voir si tout se passent bien. Ont peut aussi mettre en place des emails automatique pour les boîtes mail. Ont peut aussi en créé pour les gens qui ont abandonné leur panier. On peut mettre un tchat rapide à disposition et plein d'autres options.

Cons

Le problèmes le plus importants à mes yeux c'est que pour avoir un url personnalisé sans qu'il y est marquer wix il faut payé pareille pour si l'on veut attiré des clients pour boosté notre site il faut prendre l'offre Wix. Il n'y a pas de période d'essai et quand on veut ouvrir sa boutique en ligne avec 0€ on peut pas. Pareille si on ne veux pas de publicités sur notre site il faut prendre l'offre payantes. Du coup le gros moins de Wix c'est qu'il faut payer obligatoirement pour que sont sites soit vue par des gens et pour avoir plein d'autre possibilité.

Frank from ClassikItWorld

The only way to be a full stack developer without coding.

If you want to become a Full Stack web developer without learning HTML, CSS, PHP and JavaScript then WIX is the best CMS for you to choose. I've introduced a lot of friends to use WIX and they really enjoy it. I am now part of the WIX family.

Pros

After some few years in the web development world, I wanted the best CMS with more features that can help me design my websites without stressing on too much coding. Wix was there to rescue me. With Wix I can develop tons of websites within a week without CODING. This is so far the best CMS for every web developer. It is also easy for everyone to learn, customer and use.

Cons

I need more feature in Wix CMS because I'm stack and I won't use any CMS except. I don't have any problem with the price. It is very cool.

Reasons for Choosing Wix

Very simple to use and customize. I always do magic anytime I use WIX.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

I also wanted a CMS that comes with a lot of features and also very simple for everyone to use.

How to be a web designer (without being one)

With Wix, I was able to launch my sites, both personal and commercial. It has been a great help and has even served as a distraction since its interface makes building a website fun. I got the benefit of being able to create completely aesthetic and professional sites using the tools that the site itself offers. The most remarkable thing is its real time editing, which, not knowing html, was and still is useful to me.

Pros

If you've always dreamed of designing your own website, Wix is probably one of the best options. It has a modern interface that makes the user feel comfortable from the beginning. If you have no design experience, it is an excellent place, since Wix offers the user a long list of templates and tools as add-ons that allow you to customize your site to your liking. You can connect with several existing software systems (from third parties) such as Drive, Youtube, Vimeo, Word, among many others. Also, depending on the plan, it allows the user to acquire a domain right there or if the user already has one, to connect it.

Cons

Wix is an excellent tool, which in part has its cost in relation to the gadgets it offers and templates. What happens is that many users, after using Wix and its tools, become skilled in design and always look for something more professional. But Wix always aims at the beginner public to which, logically, it offers standard or semi-professional solutions at a high cost. In simple words, it would be necessary to add more tools and content for experienced users.

Reasons for Choosing Wix

Although Wix is expensive, I chose it for its ease of use and user-friendly interface.

Jennifer from No Limit

Fast and Easy

My overall experience with Wix has been extremely positive. My sites are put up and edited quickly, and can be completely overhauled and changed at any time. The drop and drag features make it a snap for novice users.

Pros

I have three sites up and they are simple to build and edit. The software is terrific for small businesses that don't have an "IT" person on staff and need to get things updated quickly. There are plenty of options in terms of templates, fonts, buttons, graphics, and more.

Cons

The only negative thing is having to purchase multiple custom emails. It's a bit pricey for small businesses. It would be nice if you received three emails as the standard purchase.

Reasons for Choosing Wix

I chose Wix because of the ease of use and the sites look more professional.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

Price and quality- Wix was better in both areas.

JAZE from PoohdingWear

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Where Would I Be Without Wix

I love using Wix. I couldn't be happier using Wix. Once I was done making my very first website I was pleased with the end result. I didn't struggle with anything, I got great support when I needed it and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who wants to build their very first website.

Pros

When starting to make a website for yourself, by yourself, there is no better solution than Wix for a novice user. Create a professional looking website for your business in a couple of hours using the many templates offered by Wix without needing a coding background at all. Make beautiful, customizable websites with ease and at an affordable rate too. You can't go wrong with this platform, the customer support is so on-point, you'll be pleased with the service you get from them.

Cons

I would like to see Wix improve on their SEO capabilities though, I sometimes don't rank as high in Google as I would like to so I use additional software to boost my web presence.

Reasons for Choosing Wix

I was a bit intimidated by the whole WordPress movement, plus I already knew someone using the Wix platform who was far from being tech-savvy yet had an awesome website that she created by herself... I had to give it a shot after that.

Matthew from Byte Sized Tech LLC

Great service for setting up a new website!

Overall, the ease of use and simple beauty of Wix is, for me, well worth the premium I pay. If I can pay a little extra to save a whole lot of time and headache, I do - and Wix lets me do exactly that.

Pros

Wix is incredibly easy to use, especially with Wix's ADI (Artificial Design Intelligence). I have zero knowledge of web design, let alone design in and of itself. Using Wix's ADI I was able to make a gorgeous website for my company that continues to get compliments. It's very easy to update the website with new information, which is a must-have for me. I've rarely had issues with speed or usability - Wix just works.

Cons

Wix can be expensive. The price for ease of use seems to be higher premiums for what would be a given elsewhere - specifically, higher plans within their "website plans" tier only really offer marketing incentives (in my opinion) that expire after a year of use. Sure, you get more storage as well - but $5/mo just for an extra 10GB of storage (from Unlimited plan to Pro plan) seems a little steep, given that for $0.05 I could store the same amount on Backblaze B2 and use a Wordpress instance. In short, anything beyond the basic Combo plan seems obtusely overpriced. Moreover, every single time I enter Wix to edit my site, I feel I'm met with annoying advertisements to get a custom email, get a custom domain, etc. etc. which are just advertisements for services I already have elsewhere (though lately these have calmed down).

Reasons for Choosing Wix

Wix seemed just easier to use, and has continued being easy to use.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

Wordpress, while powerful, is simply too much for a self-employed service-industry employee to manage. Wix is much easier.

Barry from NexGen Digital

Above average product and performance with sub-par customer service

Overall, Wix has made the process of creating and managing our website easier.

Pros

I've have been using the free version of Wix since 2010 and the premium version since 2017. It is one of the easiest website builders out there with a variety of pre-made, highly customizable templates to choose from. Its drag and drop editor is easy and intuitive and has a decent number of integrations available. It is perfect for small and medium-sized businesses that don't have over complicated requirements when it comes to a website. Another thing I like is the ADI which serves as a website design assistant. It makes it easy to initially set up the site.

Cons

Once you start using a theme, you can't change it while keeping the content, you need to choose another te plate or theme and start putting together the content from scratch. Their customer service is one of the worst I have encountered. No chat or phone support for the UK and you're supposed to create a ticket for some of the smallest queries. Half the time they take days (sometimes weeks) to get back to you.

Reasons for Choosing Wix

Ease of use, better-looking themes, and templates.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

We wanted something that was easy to use.

Cushi from Cushi Ming

The best website designer for simple, beautiful, fully customizable websites.

I have been using Wix for at least 8 years and have been very pleased with it throughout. It constantly adapts and changes, becoming easier, more intuitive and more user friendly. It is by far the best website designer that I have tried.

Pros

I love that Wix has endless templates to choose from, multiple in every industry you can think of. The templates are easy to customize and Wix has a robust self-help library that explains the steps for almost any task you might find yourself doing in a clear and easy to follow way. As a graphic designer, I prefer Wix over SquareSpace because the drag-and-drop style of the platform allows for complete design control.

Cons

I like least about Wix, the limited layouts for some of the applications that are available and the limited availability of applications in general.

Reasons for Choosing Wix

Many of these products have similar features and do similar things, but Wix was the product that gave me the design autonomy that I wanted and was easier to get the hang of.

Ansh from Digital Marketing Champ Pvt Ltd

Professional Website Builder Platform To Manage Client Business

Wix is a best website development platform that makes it easy for businesses to create multiple websites. It provides an affordable paid option, so we can choose the best option for our business to develop a client website. By using wix, we can save a lot of money in purchasing website hosting. Wix provides advanced features like drag and drop page building, simple editing tools, powerful but easy to use Online Store Builder and more. In digital marketing paid advertisement, our marketing team required landing pages for multiple product promotions. So we used wix and created multiple responsive landing pages to save time. It is a powerful ecommerce software, we can manage client online portals and increase business sales online.

Pros

• Easy to create a stunning responsive website, blog and online store. • Develop a website quickly without Hard coding or programming skills. • No limits on storage or bandwidth to run multiple client websites. • We can create and host business websites on wix secure server easily. • Thousands of professional website templates options for business websites. • Save time and money by using wix for organization clients. • Easily manage multiple business clients' websites on wix platform.

Cons

Only one issue, we have faced with Wix, No custom code option found for website development. All codes are predefined.

Reasons for Choosing Wix

Easy to manage multiple client website. Various advanced option available in wix in compression of shopify.

Norma Estela from basic policy

Industry: Broadcast Media

The pros and cons of purchasing Wix

In general I like the designs, I find them too attractive and I know that I have not been able to find them in any other software, but in any case I could go with another program that despite not giving me such attractive templates, I know I could modify them and at no cost. I recommend it if you have the money to pay and have not tried other options.

Pros

I liked the versatility, they were very creative with the default templates, the colors are more than eye catching and overall it is intuitive to use. On the other hand, the general presentation and the explosion of colors invite to use it and help to exploit creativity, although in general there are few changes that would be made to any design, if it were not for the name and content.

Cons

Price. The price seems high to me and there are other ways to design a web page for free, besides there are countless new applications that give you good ideas to start at no cost; I would also like them to say precisely how the costs will be handled and not just hook you in and then raise the prices.

For the advertisement

Reasons for Switching to Wix

I thought Wix would be a better option but for now I think I will look for other options.

Gil from Parrish, Brumfield & Associates

Simple and Professional

I moved our primary business site to Wix a little over four years ago. It provides a professional looking face to prospective clients and it automatically adapts to all formats.

Pros

Wix is an intuitive and easy to implement cloud-based software. You can design and launch a very professional looking site in very little time.

Cons

There is very little to dislike about the Wix platform. The "Member" area is slightly lacking and could use some bolstering.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

I likes to flexibility of Wix over WordPress (which was a little cumbersome before Gutenburg editor.

Hari from Alfa Beta

A Perfect Website Builder.

I had a very pleasant experience using Wix to build my personal site. It's features helped me speed up the process and make a beautiful site in a very short time period.

Pros

Wix is all about simplicity and functionality. Its very easy to use and has a very simplified workflow. You can easily get started with Wix and build your very own website. It gives you the push you need while starting to build a site. It uses AI to simplify your job an can build a site with just a few few information that you provide it with. It has a huge library of images, videos and templates which helps you to make your website more appealing.

Cons

I don't like it sometimes crashing on me. And the slow loading times could be worked upon. Everything else is fine for me.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

Wix was more flexible and had a lot more to offer in customization.

Luke from Cushman & Wakefield

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Easy website creation, difficult to be precise

We used Wix to help us do quick website mock-ups for testing. The idea was to determine the visual needs, then give it to developers for implementing. It did the trick.

Pros

Wix is easy to set up and use. It’s got all the basics, and the interface is fairly intuitive. It’s very similar to using Snapfish or Shutterfly visually.

Cons

If you know precisely what you want, things can get tricky. The main example I encountered was wanting to set up a very specific set of icons for designing a test web interface. Wix’s icon selection didn’t have what I needed, so I saved the images I needed from PowerPoint, then imported them to Wix and replaced images on existing icons with them. Bit of a pain, but it worked.

Reasons for Choosing Wix

Weebly seemed more complicated, and friends recommended Wix

Noelle from Noelle4TN

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

User-friendly website builder

Wix is fantastic in allowing us to build and manage our website as well as to have integrated booking and payments from a single source!

Pros

Wix is a great tool for building a website with little-to-no experience! With few exceptions, it is extremely user-friendly and you can churn out a professional site in very little time.

Cons

The lack of an integration with Medium is disappointing and requires manually entering new blog posts on each platform. The information in the Help section is often inaccurate/out-of-date and doesn't reflect the most recent changes their platform. We're often forced to look elsewhere for solutions or just have to figure out a workaround on our own.

Reasons for Choosing Wix

Previous experience with Wix as well as a free option to begin building our site immediately before upgrading to our business account.

Anthony from Church Hill Finance

Wix Websites - No Need to wait ****

Wix allowed our clients to use the free option and start uploading material and organise documents without delays, for further curation.

Pros

Wix is the most awesome website builder to get going straight away. It can be so frustrated just to get started in building a website - Artwork, Hosting, Pricing etc. Wix lets you just jump in for free, and evolve.

Cons

You may not get a personalised domain on the free option. But that is balanced off with the fact that you can just blast off, without a load of running around and expense to get that urgent website going.

Reasons for Choosing Wix

Wix is ready made for jumpstarting an urgent website project.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

The simplicity on onboarding on WIX

Itzak from Shao Long LLC

Easy-to-use web design for small business owners

Pros

Gone are the days of having to know HTML code. Nowadays, anyone can make a website by simply dragging-and-dropping elements already existing on Wix. I personally use Wix for 4 of my websites - all small businesses. For those who are intimidated by starting from scratch, the templates are incredibly helpful. There is enough of a selection that you can find what you're looking for, slightly modify it, change the names, and you'll have a live website in under 10 minutes. For those who are looking for a more branded type look, even starting from scratch isn't too overwhelming because of how Wix is designed. I've also been able to connect shops to my websites that source my products, and Wix Shops has been able to update prices, inventory and process payments from online purchases easily. On one of my websites, I've been able to create an online community for my students to have access to private videos and comment on forums.

Cons

-Wix is always running promos for deep discounts on their memberships. However, after that first year, you might have to evaluate your website plan as the price can be excessive once you're past your promo. -If you're purchasing a business email, and don't want to pay monthly anymore and just do one payment for the year, you can't. You'll have to pay monthly costs for that business email until they fix it, so if you purchase a business email, just bite the bullet and pay the annual costs so you don't have to worry about that monthly expense anymore. -When switching from desktop to mobile view, you'll obviously want your mobile look to be more seamless and easier to read. If you need anything to just show only on mobile, you need to "hide" those objects behind other objects just so you can display them in mobile only, and it can be a pain sometime to arrange this.

Diane from Cloud of Wit

Easy to Use and Deploy

I'm very satisfied with WIX but would love for them to update some of their functionality.

Pros

Wix is a powerful drag and drop web editor. It has a full suite of strips and components that make designing the site easy and quick. It's easy to update the SEO and to customize the site to anything you want. Font selection is great and the ability to upload additional google fonts is advantageous. BONUS: The app tracks visitors and lets you know when someone is interacting with your site.

Cons

The inability to switch templates is problematic. So when a person needs to update the site to a new look and feel, it's time intensive. The mobile editor is entirely too limited. In a mobile first world, we need a whole suite of editing options. Also, consistency between pages can be problematic. It would be ideal to put in pixel ratios and height maximums.

Reasons for Choosing Wix

Squarespace only offers a 14 day trial. That's not enough time to overcome the learning curve and test out site development.

Ease of use

Matthew from St Luke Catholics Church & School

WIX Works

We were able to lockdown our domain and intergrate with other services to provide a robust and affordable solution. WIX has been great and the graphic presentation excellent.

Pros

Easy to deploy, Ease of use, ease of management and reasonably priced solution makes an easy decision for us to continue using WIX.

Cons

No complaints about the software. A few years ago it would be there's too much-- they keep improving and adding/changing. This is what is truly cool about using WIX is that they do not remain static in a everchanging world with changing needs.

Reasons for Choosing Wix

Graphics! The numerous layouts and graphics that WIX provides is top notch.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

The website was unexciting and did not engage our parishoners and was difficult to manage.

Charles from Bootstrappers.mn

Simple and easy to setup and use for small businesses

I have built sites using about every WYSIWYG tool on the market. My go-to is actually Wordpress but I've found that can be a bit cumbersome for really small companies. That one person or 5 person company doesn't need the maintenance headache of a big extensible website. Get something out the door so customers can find you in a day or three is way better than hiring a consultant and putting a lot of time and effort. At least until product-market fit has been identified. The templates in Wix do half the work for us and moving objects around on the screen is easy! It's a great buy for the money.

Pros

I like how simple it is to buy a domain, design a logo, build a quick site, and be selling goods or services or have a nicely SEO-optimized site in minutes or hours rather than days or years. They have graphics that are simple to drag and drop, forms are easy, even booking appointments isn't that difficult. For a basic website, there are few tools on the market that make it as easy!

Cons

Form builders, embedding content, and adding more customizable slide shows without making them seem hard could be better. Also, moving from the really easy stuff to slightly more customizable stuff seems scarier than it needs to be when prompted that once you allow full customization that we can't go back. That's not a big deal at all (still no HTML required).

Simplicity

Andrew from NuBiz Solution

Wix is a great CMS with a few Issues

Overall it's a great platform. It has really powerful features and add-on apps that can bring life and amazing capabilities to your website. Plus they are always improving things...

Pros

Wix is one of the best CMS website platform on the market. It requires no coding skills and very little technical skills. You do have to be pretty savvy with using design software but they offer a really cool self built templates that you just plug in your information and your good to go. After working with Wix for a couple of years it becomes easier and easier to use. I love their design templates. It makes it easy to design amazing website with little design skills.

Cons

The biggest issue I have with Wix is that it's sometimes hard to line up images and text with their drag and drop features. Also, their mobile response feature is very weak. You will have to build the site on the desktop and then have to rearrange everything again for the mobile view which can sometimes be very tedious.

Reasons for Choosing Wix

I did not now how to use WordPress plus it did not have hosting at the time but Wix had everything I needed in one platform

Reasons for Switching to Wix

Wix had all the features I wanted and more apps and add-ons that really wowed me...

Serena from Graphic Design

We can all use it (at least on the easy version)

Extra: As I said before, I've been working on Wix during the last month. I'm not designing a normal website, I'm doing an interactive infographic (whaaaaat???). Yes, Design teachers offered us some websites to design this kind of infographics, truth is that there are many tools thought for this task, such as genial.ly, but no one offers really interactive and versatile choices as wix does. It's really confortable to makek this kind of interactions on a website designer. Needless to say i'm not using templates, I design everything on Ai and Ps and add them to the UI as pictures or vectors. Some years before, I first used this app for making a portfolio, in that moment I used a template, but I changed it a lot so it didn't look like my classmates websites. One more point for me, one more point for Wix!

Pros

Personally speaking, i'm not in favor of using templates, and I think any properly called designer should. But, we must understand this app is not thought for designers only, so, templates designs are not bad at all. They are quite simple, customizable and versatile no matter what you need to show on your website. They look so modern too! I don't think it's the best tool for a complete business website but, for example, it's useful to design menus, cataloges, present a brand, or even yourself (portfolios), usign it as a tool to complement your job. -At least with templates, the blank design tool will give you more chances to show whatever you want.- For the most experienced designers I sugest working on vectorial and photographic apps at first, and do never use templates, but your resources with the interactions the UI offers.

Cons

About the cons, I don't think this app has many limitations for a normal user, but designers could have some issues. During the last month I've been working there and the limitation I found was that "cursor effects" are only available on boxes, so if I want to put this effect on an object, I need to put a square box over the object. Altough boxes are invisible, it really changes the experience. Something similar happens with vectors (properly saved on .svg). If you want to made them clickable, the square that delimitates its form will be clickable too, really unconfortable. I never needed to conect a domain, but plans are quite expensive among other apps, check what's better for you.

Zandrich from GEMINII CYBER (PTY) LTD

Wix: Web Development Bulwark

My experience with Wix kicked off when they launched their HTML platform in 2012; a year later, I would find myself using Wix to study HTML by dissecting pre-built modules and whole websites in order to gain insight into their operation - then appropriating that knowledge to my own projects. By late 2015, I was firmly established as a freelancer, offering web development as a service to my clients; it was then that I realised some projects need not be built from scratch, but instead were better suited for Wix - I used my existing knowledge of HTML, paired with the Wix platform, to build clean, fully-functional websites for my clients in no time at all, cutting costs and saving time for both myself and my clients. More recently, I've utilised Wix to help establish a presence on the internet for two of my startup companies. I am very satisfied with Wix overall, and, as both developer and end-user, I've found no fault with their services over the course of six years.

Pros

Wix was designed and developed with untrained users in mind, people who work in fields unrelated to web development as a whole - the result is a simple, easy-to-use platform for basic web development, all without the need to spend two (or more) years mastering the HTML, Java, CSS and/or PHP languages. Overall, Wix has had a profound impact the success of small/medium startups, and will continue to disrupt the market by providing a means of developing beautiful websites to entrepreneurs for years to come.

Cons

The greatest downfall for Wix, and any similar service, is the nature of the service itself; using templates and ready-made code in order to work around building the website from scratch has as many benefits as it has downsides - for most, the functionality provided by Wix is absolutely sufficient, but for others the need for specialised functionality not facilitated by Wix will require hands-on coding and building. Wix has been working around this problem by making the code accessible, and providing a more-than-adequate editor with which to amend the pre-written code, all the while expanding on the available code behind the tools a user can implement on a Wix site - ultimately, though, Wix does not support the full functionality behind HTML, Java, etc. that one would have access to when developing a website from scratch.

Reasons for Choosing Wix

Compared to the generic 'website builders' offered by hosting companies as part of their CPanel suite, Wix offers greater flexibility than the alternatives, all the while being a far more modern platform in terms of framework.

Carrie from Sandsjögården Holiday Resort

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Build your website with WIX

I basically use wix for our company website, measuring traffic and producing newsletters. Overall I am more than happy with Wix and for the time being I would not switch to a different tool. It's easy, it's all over beautiful, it gives you space for creativity without having to dig into coding and the few cons you would def. also experience with a different tool. So overall I would highly recommend WIX.

Pros

I love the product because it's feasible, quite easy to get acquainted with and use and it offers a large set of options (free and for extra charge), that can really help you as a small cap business to implement and use efficient tools and services, which you otherwise would have to purchase expensive and mostly in an overkill from a marketing supplier or consulting agency.

Cons

The multi language use is a necessity, but unfortunately not always running in an efficient way and sometimes also producing a little chaos within your templates. You really need to think from your primary language and see to it that translations do not run much longer or shorter, otherwise when using certain "decoration" items, they get pushed around your page in an odd way.

Reasons for Choosing Wix

Beautifully made, feasible to use, great allover features.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

WordPress was in one way to complex and at the same time to static for our needs. I would describe myself as a skilled user of webtools, but WordPress drove me nuts and I couldn't realize certain things without the help of support or programming. At some point I was annoyed, started searching and luckily stumbeled over WIX.

Pamela from Pamela Storch

Industry: Music

Amazing Website Functionality with Incredible Features

My overall experience with Wix has been a very positive one. Wix fills a unique niche in that it allows beginners to create a professional-looking website with little to no coding skills, yet has extremely advanced features that grow with you. From booking integration, to blog creation, menus to mobile device formatting customization, I really have not found any other platform that is so extensive in what it offers.

Pros

Wix is one of the best website providers out there. The features are easy to start with, yet provide unprecedented opportunity for enhancement. Some of the advanced tools they provide such as databases, datasets, and dynamic pages, allow for templates to be created without manually copying each page. Wix has amazing music player integration, allowing composers and music artists to showcase and sell their work directly from their website. The apps, coding tools and new addition, called Velo, allow for infinite customization, making Wix a great choice for anyone who needs more than the basics.

Cons

Overall, Wix is amazing and I have had very positive experiences using their platform. However there are a few areas for improvement. Wix is missing Apple Pay functionality at the moment. This drives customers to other platforms in order to fill this gap. Wix also has an amazing art store app with so much potential, however the company used for print fulfillment has received several less-than stellar reviews. I have also noticed that website speeds for Wix sites tend to be slightly slower than other companies. There are also several formatting glitches I have experienced with Wix, especially with page layout, but they seem to be short-lived. The limited social media share button customization in terms of color, shape and formatting can be frustrating for websites with a specific decor. Otherwise, my experience has been very positive.

Reasons for Choosing Wix

While each product has their benefits, Wix offered the most customization and options, with the least skills required, for the best price available.

Jessica from NorthStar Foundation

Simple to use, easy to get support on, can build a company website in minutes

I'd say my overall experience has been nothing but positive. I've been growing with it since I was a teenager when I built a preliminary website for my church, a college student with a personal portfolio and have since graduated into using it for my freelance webdesign and management. They offer wonderful features and perks like ad vouchers, SEO analyzation tools, phone numbers and email services, domain purchasing through their website. I mean there's not an easier tool to use in my opinion. It beats wordpress in a ease of use and intergration test hands down in my opinion.

Pros

I love that when I first started creating website with wix I was able to do EVERYTHING for free and then only needed to pay to remove Wix branding. It make you feel confident that you'll be able to benefit from a subscription before you even purchase one. I initially utilized this to create a personal portfolio and have since expanded to utilizing for freelance work. The best feature is that it's not coding based. Non technologically inclined individuals are able to utilize with ease, can use templates, there are color themse if you aren't using custom BUT you CAN do all of those things yourself if you WANT to. Awesome product and have recommended many times.

Cons

Something I wish could be improved is alternative payment methods. If I want a customer to pay for their plan directly, I don't want them to have to provide me with their number, I want them to beable to make that purchase themselves while still maintaining my admin status and not compromising my own password. I can't stress how great support is when I need help so if there is anything diffcult for me to conceptualize they have chat features, email and phone lines available for assistance and are super helpful.

Reasons for Choosing Wix

Pricing and ease of use.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

WordPress wasn't cheap. Wasn't easy to grasp for a beginner. Wasn't accessible for my clients.

Megan from Vibe n Thrive

Highly recommended for beginners!

I initially created my website through Bluehost and WordPress but found it to be more complicated than I would have liked. Bluehost offered a lot more flexibility than I needed for my small site so Wix worked out fine for me. I wish I would have initially started with Wix. I recommend it to anyone just starting out with website building.

Pros

Wix is incredibly easy to use and doesn't require any coding experience. Wix has easy drag and drop options which makes creating your website really simple, honestly, anyone can do it. They also have a lot of customization options and templates so that you can make your website look the way you want. Another thing I love is Wix's customer service. They always respond super fast and getting connected with someone on the phone isn't hard at all. Of all the times I contacted them via phone there was no wait time and I was able to speak with someone right away. As a business owner, making sure my website is up and running correctly is incredibly important so choosing a website builder with good customer service was a must for me.

Cons

Going from Bluehost to Wix, it was clear that there wasn't as much freedom and flexibility with Wix. There aren't multiple hosting options to choose from with Wix and while Wix does have customization options, there aren't nearly as many as with Bluehost. Wix also isn't the best for large websites and is better suited for smaller, simple, sites.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

There are a lot more moving parts with Bluehost and WordPress. As a newbie to website building I encountered a lot of problems and spent a lot of time trying to solve them. I had heard great things about Wix so when my plan with Bluehost was up I decided to try Wix instead of renewing. In the end, Wix was also cheaper for me because of how much I spent on paid page builders and themes for Wordpress.

Kaprice Dal Cerro, from Kaprice Marie LLC

More diverse than you think

I have enjoyed my experience using Wix. My website has never gone down and it has allowed me to create automation for parts of my business.

Pros

What I like about Wix is that you don't need to be a software developer to create a great-looking website. There are a lot of tools that many users don't realize that Wix has. For instance, setting up a workshop and taking payment is easy to create on your Wix website. There are many themed templates to choose from to help you create the look and feel that you want without having to spend a lot of time thinking about how you want your website to look.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve if you want to make some advanced changes to your website. This may take some time or you may need the help of someone who has Wix knowledge if you aren't a techy person.

Reasons for Choosing Wix

I found Wix to have options right out of the box that alternative products did not have. I also noticed that Wix was not staying stagnant in their market. They are consistently updating and creating a more powerful tool everyday. I felt it was a website that could grow with my business needs without breaking the bank.

Christine from Real Estate

My go-to website development tool for clients

I’ve used Wix for over 11 years and have had 100% client satisfaction. The templates have given me light speed in turnaround time for completing an entire website and warp speed when executing any requests for changes and updates from clients. It all boils down to providing excellent customer service to my clients and this web development tool makes it that much easier for me.

Pros

More often do my clients want a website that they can easily modify and manage on their own after it’s been developed and published. When I know this to be on their wishlist for their site, I go to Wix. Not only can I quickly design a site for them without the obligation of purchasing the web hosting, they can walkthrough the product and use it before committing to it. Their platform is easy to use with plenty of opportunities to modify templates and the apps to enhance the features and functions of the site are low-cost and also easy to use.

Cons

There are certainly some design limitations with the interface. The changes I make on desktop version doesn’t automatically take effect on the mobile version (requiring more time and effort when designing). While I do love the unstructured editor which allows me more freedom in my design, I’ve found myself just learning shortcuts and workarounds with the bugs I encounter. But for clients who aren’t as familiar with the interface, it can be a struggle.

Avash from AvaTel Pvt. Ltd.

The Most Flexible Drag and Drop Website Builder

Wix is an amazing web builder. I can't remember properly but I think I tried building my first website when I was in school with HTML, CSS and I saw their ADs on YouTube and thought about giving Wix a try - and I am very happy that I chose to try Wix. I learned that creating a website was a lot easier than I expected - thanks to Wix. Since then I have been using Wix for my personal projects and client projects and from my experience, Wix is the best visual web builder currently available in the market. Its the editor is without any doubt - the best Drag and Drop Editor as its editing capacities has overtaken every other builder.

Pros

There are many practical templates that we just import and are ready to use - which is the thing that I like most about Wix. There are many builders available now in market with fancy looking templates but most of them aren't practical to use. But the case is different with Wix - the templates are ready to be used - very practical and optimized for mobile devices. This is why I always choose Wix to design websites for clients with small businesses who want to be able to edit details themselves as editing is easy too. With Wix, an above-average computer user can create a professional-looking website and even average computer user can edit websites. I generally get $14 per month plan which doesn't show ADs and gives more than enough storage for most websites. I guess $14 per month for a website is a pretty good price. Another thing I like most about Wix is automatic backups which makes sure that we never lose any information.

Cons

As a PageSpeed Optimization specialist - the thing I like least about Wix is its slow loading speed. I don't think we should be expecting a blazing fast website when we use Drag and Drop Website Builder. However, I think Wix is enough for small businesses as they are a lot faster than they used to be and their speed isn't terrible. Other than that - I can't think of any cons about Wix.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

Wix has Drag and Drop editor that actually works - GoDaddy's editor is very limited in terms of editing abilities. Wix is also very easy to use when compared to GoDaddy Website Builder. I have also found that most of my clients prefer Wix over GoDaddy.

Alexandro from Alexandro PUGLIA

Créer un site facilement avec Wix est à a la porté de tous

Wix est adapté aux personnes qui n'a pas les compétences techniques, celui qui n'a jamais conçu de site internet a de multiple fonction pour en créer un. Toutes les petites entreprise qui n'ont pas de budget pour payer un concepteur peut le faire avec ces propre moyen, quelque tutoriel et de la volonté. Wix est vraiment top pour celui qui souhaite construire un site rapidement et facilement.

Pros

1- L'interface est très facile à comprendre. Chaque option est correctement placée de manière à ce que la courbe d'apprentissage ne soit pas trop raide. Toute personnes désirant créer un site rapidement peut le faire. 2-La fonction comme l'alignement intelligent est super cool. 3- La FAQ est fournie, les questions d'usage ou de difficulté ou déjà une réponse, du coup on ne peut pas rester bloqué très longtemps. 4 - Enregistre les fichiers avec facilité et la fonction de suivi du gestionnaire de versions est un outil formidable. 5 -Peu couteux

Cons

Des frais supplémentaires. Différentes tâches ou options de personnalisation peuvent entraîner des couts supplémentaires. Par exemple, une URL personnalisée, certaines mises en page de site, et bien d'autres choses encore, peuvent toutes s'ajouter à votre prix global.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

La facilité, je trouve l'utilisation plus cool

Michelle from MS Creatives

Industry: Music

Webbing With Wix

My overall experience with Wix has been great! I am enjoying their website builder and their amazing features. I only wish that it was a little less expensive to use their individual features. However, I don't plan on switching my website to another builder because Wix is by far the easiest and most organized to use.

Pros

The things I like most about Wix is their website drag-and-drop builder. It is easy to use and edit when necessary. I also like their clean and organized dashboard because it helps me access everything I need quickly and easily.

Cons

Wix is definitely expensive compared to other premium web plans. They are constantly asking you to upgrade which gets a little annoying and their don't offer a set plan with all their features in one.

Reasons for Choosing Wix

I chose Wix because of their many features and their easy to use drag-and-drop builder. It continues to help me stand out everday!

Reasons for Switching to Wix

I made the switch to Wix because their software is easier to use and is constantly updating to give my customers the latest and most productive web/mobile experience.

WENDY from MCJO ACADEMY SDN BHD

User Friendly Website Builder

Overall , I am a happy Wix user so far. Everything in WIX is a no-brainer. Even if you do, there's always a friendly help support team to ask around with. So, go ahead and try it out. Building a website wouldn't be a headache with WIX ;)

Pros

I really like how versatile WIX is. You can basically be as creative as you want in building your own website. Even if you are not as creative , the beautiful templates given are enough to make you choose the perfect design. Or you can even let WIX to do the site building job for you as they have a very convenient and intelligent . Just answer a few questions and let Wix to start building your website. You just need to make some personal touch and that will be guided by Wix as well. I love the fact that there is a cropping tool which can really cut off your time if you're not a photoshop user. The tool gives you the simplest way to crop out background and saving you lots of time. Also, another thing to love is that how simple it is to integrate other software into wix . Even if you are from a zero coding background, integration becomes easy as ABC and that's no joke.

Cons

I have to say that I didn't like the fact that most widgets added in Wix are some add on feature which require you sign up and pay. I have to say as convenient they are, the usage is quite limited and the price is somewhat expensive. For example, there is a limit for the forms and subscribers name lists . Hence, as a user, we have required to use 3rd party software to be integrated such as Zapier and Hubspot. I just realized that by using Wix as a website, it means that you are bound to use it for the rest of your life as you cannot transfer your site to some other site builders. It wouldnt be much of a big deal if you have already done it as the features in Wix are quite comprehensive and useful.

Reasons for Choosing Wix

I have heard how Wordpress is easily hacked by others so I decided to choose Wix in the end because so far, I have only heard good security about Wix.

Simply Drag and Drop

The handling of the webpage is very easy and so it removes a great amount of load. I have not yet used or tried the Customer Service may be because I did not felt the need so far which is actually a good point. I once was about to call the customer care when it was showing me to upgrade when I already have purchased the premium service. But then the FAQ's popped up and my problem was solved.

Pros

1) The interface is very easy to get along. Every option is properly placed in a way that learning curve is not that steep. Anybody can Master it in no time. 2) The smart alignment feature is awesome. 3) Large number of queries are already covered in the FAQs section. 4) Saves files with ease and the track of the release manager feature is great tool.

Cons

1) Usage of dynamic pages is not that easy. 2) Lack of proper documentation of Corvid. I mean to say that the Corvid document is very comprehensive but does not cover the specific questions. The documentation is not easy to go through. 3) The guide to connect the premium package, that you already purchased, with the site that you are building should be kept upfront. I thought that as I have deleted the site which was previously connected to the premium package , i will need to buy the premium package again and that is so frustrating. 4) Not telling upfront that when I use the 'Editor X' I will have to pay extra. I once designed the entire website on the 'Editor X' and then came to know that I have to pay extra. It imprinted the bad impression because the same Wix credentials works on the 'Editor X' as well so how can anyone know this? 5) Also the 'Upgrade' Notification is annoying when you already have purchased the premium services.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

SquareSpace has many features and they are all good. At the same time it was very expensive as well. I switched not because it was not good, I just wanted to try a different engine and see how good that is.

Jeff from Clique Studios

Wix - the Solution for Ease of Web Launches

If I were a small business looking for a simple, easy to manage website that just needs to highlight the top information of my business in a slick and creative way then Wix would be my solution. Wix is built for spinning up a cool site asap at a reasonable cost. Very impressive for the swim lane they play in.

Pros

Incredibly easy to start and set up an account and get designing. Wix is a breeze to work with and the design/template options are outstanding and professional. A simple site looks like a work of art in a short amount of time. It's definitely not for everyone but for personal or small business (nion-ecomm) sites Wix is a great solution.

Cons

This is not a platform if you need multiple or heavy integrations of ecomm, erp, APIs. Wix is definitely of value for small business. It also has a reoccurring subscription plan so we're tied into that monthly cost but it's well worth it.

Reasons for Choosing Wix

It was a hard decision as they really have some of the same features and both are easy to use and comparative in price. We simply liked Wix's UI a bit better.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

Wix was way easier to launch and fit the needs of our small business site. Wordpress is great but far heavier in implementation and we would need constant admin updates and personnel to manage - Wix was easily the better choice for what we needed.

User Friendly Product!

Overall, Wix is my favorite web page. As someone who doesn't know HTML and CSS, Wix makes creating a customizable and unique site easy. The stock photos are also a great touch and add sophistication to any website.

Pros

I love how the themes were so easily customizable! I've used dozens of web developers but Wix is easily my favorite. You can select a theme from a catalog of beautifully designed themes and add/remove whatever you want. The designers made developing a beautiful, original, and personalized site easy and effortless. The stock photos made available are also awesome!

Cons

I don't have much to complain about. But if I had to something, I would say what I like least about this software is the how difficult it is to undo progress from previous sessions. I wish I could reload older versions of my webpage.

Reasons for Choosing Wix

Wix was the most user friendly.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

Squarespace was too rigid for me and difficult to undo mistakes.

Eli from Makam Dance Academy

A very powerful tool for small and medium businesses

I've been using Wix for the past 6 years for several of our businesses' websites and honestly it's a blessing! The features increase from year to year, the security level is awesome, the comfort of use is stellar and you can do it all by yourself! Even if you have a team that works on the website you can go in, figure out what's going on and make the necessary changes in the blink of an eye.

Pros

The ease of use is remarkable with Wix. Its layout is very user-friendly and intuitive. If you're a beginner and have no clue as to how to build website or if you're a person who's comfortable with tech jargon and IT puzzles Wix's platform is a one-size fits most.

Cons

There are still some features that are lacking such as nested pages within pages, site version in more than two languages (for example if you want your website in 4 different languages). I would've loved to have a bit more than 100 page limit for our websites. 100 might seem a lot for someone who wants to create a simple website, but for a dance school with several programs, bifurcations, details and information to put on there, it would've been nice to have just a bit more flexibility.

Reasons for Choosing Wix

It was the best overall (features, quality, security, price)

Reasons for Switching to Wix

Wordpress is too complicated, not enough encompassing, and too stiff for the average joe.

Sandesh from Faith Over Feelings Ministry

Website in minutes

I had the best experience with Wix. I am building an e-commerce store for document preparation and will launch soon. But till now I have seen Wix being so friendly and easy to use. I had an awesome experience in building my portfolio and website with Wix. I would highly recommend this website builder to a beginner friend of mine!! Without a miss!!

Pros

I love the build of this platform. First of all, they offer built-in hosting services which reduces the hiccups of external domination of other hosting services. Second, they provide custom email ID which boosts our business and portfolio. They have an amazing workflow for creating portfolio, blog, e-commerce website and much more. The e-commerce platform they have is so secured and the payment gateways are so much optimised to be mobile-friendly and user friendly. So there will be no fear of getting hacked or bankrupt (of online stores). Their portfolio options are so good. Above all, after the creation of any form of website, they provide a strong hosting service [third parties are not allowed - which is more trustworthy about Wix]. They provide a mail base to keep up with our business or manage website. Wix can be upgraded at a much affordable cost compared to other websites. It requires no coding experience, which I love the most! All these are the facts which I love about Wix.

Cons

There are not much points which I like the least about Wix but I do have one issue about their domain subscriptions. It is always good to buy domains from other domain registries but not preferably from Wix. Because wix may give customized web domains but the pricing may increase at any point of time and inevitably we have to pay that. No fixed price for purchased domains.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

The coding experience which WordPress requires made me little unambiguous about the interface my website should have, though there are customizable themes to use. Unlike wix, this has a ton of plug-in for each step - for example - chatbot, hosting service, login credential maintaining platform, analytics and others which should be added manually. These made me switch to Wix

Jude from Self Employed

Create Design presence with WIX

I wanted to have an economical site in which clients could see my work. WIX provides this without taking the financial obligation. After Covid, I see remote working as being the norm in the apparel industry. Iam seriously considering opting for the premium plan to garner more business. I am impressed with how they continue to evolve the platform and integrate other platforms for a seamless way of working

Pros

I set up my WIX account 5 years ago. While I am in the design field my main focus is on apparel design not web development. I am happy that I do not need to have coding skills to set up my website and have maintained the site with minimal effort. Creating the site from scratch is challenging at first because you have to get accustomed to how the tools work. After, the platform is relatively easy to navigate and easy to update withnew design work. I send clients a link where they can easily navigate the tabs on the site and see the various product categories I design. I am very happy with the overall look and appearance. Now that we are working remotely I am romancing the idea of paying for account vs. for free. When you have a free account you have the WIX banner on your site. WIX also provides you with analytics so you can see how well your site is doing and provides you with both links and services to boost your visibilty.

Cons

I have been using WIX at a minimum without converting to a paying customer, it's been ok to present time but with remote working on the rise I feel I will need to add the premium service. I still haven't ordered since I am comparing which software product will provide the most for money. While $15 doesn't seem a lot, as a freelancer, all the applications I use start to add up.

Affordability! However, I am contemplating buying into the premium version

John from Reliable Carpet Cleaning

Easley Create a Quality Website For Free!

I easily created a website for my business using Wix. I am a computer technician, but I am not able to write one line of code and certainly have no clue how to create a website from scratch or even use WordPress to create a website. I desperately needed a website for my business (a service industry) but I did not want to hire someone simply because of the cost. I discovered Wix, opened a free account and created an excellent website in a very reasonable time frame. (I use the free version and still receive lots of traffic and customer responses) That was approximately 5 years ago. Wix has recently upgraded there website format to a more modern interface. With just a few clicks your website is upgraded to a better look and feel, at no additional charge to you. If you want to use the premium version, you can get your own domain etc. at a very reasonable price. I highly recommend Wix if you want to develop your own website and avoid the high cost of having another company do it for you. -John Lawrence Reliable Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning (Moncton, N.B. Canada)

Pros

Absolutely easy to use and very easy to edit if necessary. I also love that the free version has generated a lot of business for my company. Nothing to lose in my opinion!

Cons

There was not one thing I did not like about this product. Perhaps if they created my website for me it would be perfect. (Just Kidding)

Reasons for Choosing Wix

I just prefer Wix for its ease of use and the fact that I can use it free.

Ko-Ko from Ko-Ko Owirodu

Industry: Graphic Design

Professional Website for the Small Entrepreneur

I have enjoyed using the Wix platform to create and manage my business website. I have also used it to design websites for my clients. The platform has a variety of features that can give any website a professional look and feel. The accompanying mobile app has helped me quickly respond to inquiries left on my website by prospective clients. The app also has the added feature of letting me know when someone is on my website and what part of the county they are browsing from. I have recommended Wix to many of my colleagues, and I will continue to do so in the future.

Pros

Wix makes it easy to have a beautiful, professional website without any coding experience. Using this software I was able to create an online portfolio to showcase my graphic design work. I have received compliments from many clients and prospects on the aesthetic and professionalism of my website.

Cons

I did notice that the website editor can get a bit slow and glitchy if you do not refresh the page often while working on your website. Also, the monthly subscription price point is a bit high, but considerable savings can be achieved with an annual subscription, especially when there is a sale.

Reasons for Choosing Wix

The ease of use, amount of features, and more enjoyable interface experience.

Navia from AA Airlines

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Get your site the way you want it !

I have been using Wix since I was a kid to build fun websites and blogs and at the tender age of 23, I can say my opinion still stands and I absolutely love Wix. I will always recommend this to anyone starting out and would like to personalize their site to their liking without dishing out a bunch of money. I have not had any issues thus far using the software and I have been using it for well over 10 years.

Pros

If you have never dabbled in website or graphic design, Wix provides you with all of the tools you would ever need to successfully build and launch a website. You do not need to have a background in web design to accomplish the look of a professionally built site. Over the years I have built many sites and the feedback I would get is all courtesy of the easy to use built in website design tools. I have gotten so many people especially older and less tech savvy to build their site via Wix and they absolutely love it. There are so many features, even a feature to create your own personal logo for FREE; yes for free. Wix provides options for all levels of businesses so you can access all of the design features for free with certain exceptions. But as beginner anything you would need to build a site is 100% free and easy to use.

Cons

I wish Wix would add additional monthly plan options. I feel as though that as a beginner the free option suffices but I would like to pay for the additional features on a need to basis versus paying for an entire plan with features I do not care to use. This is not a major con but it is my least liked feature of this software.

Caleb from Brandeis University

Industry: Research

Ranges from "good" to "superb", depending on use case

Overall a great experience. Wix excels in creating visually stunning websites with ease. It is featureful and intuitive. One's experience does depend on the use case, however. Wix seems to be optimally configured for the artist-type: photographers, musicians, fashion/lifestyle bloggers, etc. It is less optimal for the "techie-type", e.g., programmers, engineers, mathematicians, etc. It is still pretty good in the latter cases, but I'd probably only recommend 7/10 for "techies". On the other hand, if you're an artist-type and fit squarely within the provided templates, then I would 10/10 recommend.

Pros

With Wix, it is fast and easy to create a visually compelling website. Coding skills or previous web design experience are not required. You start out by choosing a template specific to your needs (e.g., blogging, business site, photography, CV/portfolio, and others). The templates are high quality and there appears to be a wide selection. Once you make a selection, you enter the web editor and can start customizing the default elements ("Elements" here refers to things like text boxes, headers, backgrounds, embedded media, widgets, etc.) You can also add your own elements. All of this is done with intuitive graphical controls, no coding necessary. If I recall correctly, the process of custom domain registration was not difficult; they guide you through the steps. Or you can use a provided Wix domain for no additional cost. Whatever the specifics, I remember it being any easy process. They host your website on their own servers, so you don't have to worry about that part either.

Cons

The graphical user interface is slow. This may be unavoidable given the nuts and bolts happening behind the scenes while you move around and edit elements. But it definitely is annoying. Sometimes the graphical interface does not do exactly what you want -- simple examples being the exact positioning of elements and rendering of text or images. It also may be difficult to customize outside the bounds of the provided templates, e.g., I could not find an easy way to display math equations. There appears to be a "Dev Mode" where you can configure the nuts and bolts of the underlying code, but I have not tried this. Finally, the pricing seemed expensive for personal use, e.g., if you are a student just trying to set up a CV/portfolio site.

Diogo from Diogo Sallaberry Fotografia

Industry: Photography

It helped me to build a pro looking website

It helped me to step up and build a pro looking website. After a couple of years of use, I found better options to my business, but have recommended to a friend since.

Pros

Wix is a versatile website builder, with lots of possibilities. You can build a website from scratch, organizing a main page, a blog and pretty much anything you may need. The templates also help you to have a starting point, but you can personalize most of it with what you want to communicate. If you follow the tips, you can boost your SEO, link it to facebook pixel and Google Analytics. Also, you can buy your domain together with their plan, which helps on saving time.

Cons

There are many bugs on posting photographs, especially in the distance between each photo on blog posts. It is a small thing, but, since I'm a photographer, it was a lot of wasted time solving these design issues. Also, there were some limitations on the templates that didn't help on capturing leads or building landing pages.

Reasons for Choosing Wix

Because, at the time I bought it, I didn't have any friends who used Alboom. But, since last year, I've switched to Alboom ProSite an am happy with the new product.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

Because I wanted a better looking website, more like a pro online home for my business.

Arran from go green cbd oils

Reviewing Wix

My Overall view is that Wix do give a great service and its very easy to use and to get a great site up and going in a few days if not in one day ! Only thing id say is that they are dragging their heals in updating the back end of the shop to make it better but the costs of Millions seems to be putting them off !! Bite the Bullet Wix !!

Pros

Great Platform, Never Crashes and fast to upload, Great information on how to use Wix and you dont have to be an Expert to use and to make a great website

Cons

No Cons,ive found over the years its always up and going 24/7 so never no down time, i find it very hard to dislike anything about the Wix platform

Reasons for Choosing Wix

the price is cheaper and theres not much difference in the platform compared to Wix Vs Shopify

Reasons for Switching to Wix

Wix has a stronger and faster platform and it dont crash as much as Yola did.

Ada from HKSTP

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Considering time efficiency in building a good-looking website, WiX is a no-brainer

WiX serves best as a prototype when discussing with stakeholders on the design / look and feel for anything that appears online. Instead of putting the text in a word document and arguing the color tone or how pictures should be displayed, why not just open up a WiX account and start building a prototype to facilitate discussion? My experience is that this tool significantly reduces the turnaround time discussing / confirming with vendors on web design details. Another shortcoming is its SEO capability. But again, it's best for beginner and not for advanced user.

Pros

I would consider Wix as the most easy-to-use website builder, when compared with Wordpress & Strikingly. Over the years it has made huge improvements, especially now with its ADI (Artificial Design Intelligence) feature where you'll first be asked a couple of questions regarding the purpose, the functions, the look and feel of your ideal website, then a ready version would be automatically generated for your further edit, i.e. via drag and drop of your preferred style.

Cons

At first I didn't even recognize the difference between Wix Editor & Wix ADI so I got confused and found difficulty following the step-by-step advice on Q&A session. It's simple to identity which is which: If you didn't answer those questions in the beginning, and chose your own designer template instead, then that's a website built under Wix Editor which allows full control over every aspect of the site. On the other hand, if you're like me who wants a quick solution and accept the readily generated website, then it's built under WiX ADI, but you then lose the autonomy to change, even it's just the minor stuff on the webpage. And here comes the problem: Sometimes, when the functions on WiX ADI just didn't work (e.g. after hitting a button a menu was supposed to appear on the left but it just didn't show up) then it's time to write an inquiry to Customer Service Support, instead of reading through the Q&A which mainly offers advice on WiX Editor.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

Wordpress is functional but a lot more complicated and not so design-intuitive. Since my focus is on layout and ease of viewing on mobile, WiX is way more friendly to use.

Jonathan from Bold Artistix Creative Marketing

Website Builder With Integrations Galore

Like many new businesses, we didn't have the funds to hire a web developer to build us a custom website. We turned to online web builders to get our online footprint, and stuck with Wix because it was easy to use, offered great responsive features, and their options for outside integrations were numerous. Then we found out that we could offer different language versions of our site and we were hooked. Now, Wix handles our whole website presence: sales, blog, landing page, product pages, etc.

Pros

Of the website builders we've tried and implemented for ourselves and our customers, Wix has the best set of supplemental product integrations that we've found. They even have their own in-house solutions for things like forms, emails, and sales–if you don't already use an external provider. Connecting to your providers is also really simple and secure, so you have trust that your and your customer's data will not be comprised just because you're not using your own code. We also LOVE the language translation feature. This has been a boon as we grew our business in other countries and needed to communicate in different languages.

Cons

Web builders like Wix, Squarespace, etc. often sell with the promise of an easy-to-use, DIY website builder. At the beginning, that was true. Now, however, many of our customers are paying us to build and manage their sites because as the service grew more robust, with more features, our customers couldn't keep up. I would love to see the company stay focused on ease-of-use as they add more features. The moms and pops of online shops often can't manage to learn new features and run their business at the same time–despite that being an important part of growing a business.

Reasons for Choosing Wix

We eventually chose Wix over the others because we needed a simple way to host our website in different languages. Wix has excellent integrations options that both we and our customer use, and they're constantly keeping their designs, back end, etc. up to date and relevant.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 6,248 reviews