All Yext Reviews

George

Company size: 11 - 50 employees

A must have to keep your internet presence information consistent across all sites!

Paul J.

Just say Yext!

Pros

Yext offers an amazing product for managing your business location listings, review generation and website location page and schema markup!

Cons

Not much not to like... Yext is constantly addressing business needs ahead of the curve.

Response from Yext

Thank you for leaving your review, Paul!

Yext is the Busy Marketer's Solution to Updated Directory Listings

Yext has saved me time and added so much value to my business. It is incredibly easy for me to quickly update my store hours, add holiday information, or open/close a location. The customer service team is proactive in suggesting ways to make my listings work harder for me.

Pros

Let me be real-no one likes updating directory listings. It's a thankless, tedious job. BUT...Yext makes it a thousand times easier. The user interface is very user friendly, the customer support is amazing and the results speak for themselves. Directory Listings is never a marketer's highest priority but it's an important aspect of customer engagement, Yext has made it easy for me to do that with the tools provided in the software.

Cons

We recently added their review response package to our agreement, I wish there was a way to bulk approve suggestions made by Google.

Response from Yext

Thank you for the wonderful review! We've been the industry leader in Listings for quite a while, and it's great to hear that we're still on top of our game with feedback like this. If you have any more feedback, you can always reach out to your CSM or reach out to Support at support@yext.com if you need help in the platform. Thanks again!

Replied April 2021

Don

Customer Service Is Horrible

Overall, for the money and the net result, YEXT is not worth investing in.

Pros

I don't really have any pros about this software.

Cons

I work with a company that has an Enterprise account with YEXT, and as we struggle to learn how the system operates we must lean on support for assistance. Unfortunately, YEXT's support is almost nonexistent. I use the term "almost" because the individuals who make up the support team do make an effort to assist. But, I believe that support has almost zero knowledge of how the system operates in the first place. When I ask specific questions about pushing information from one location to another I'm presented with articles and confusing terminology that gets me nowhere. You must schedule a 30 minute window for support calls, which usually leave me with more questions than I had in the first place.

Thought they could help.

Response from Yext

Hi Don, we appreciate your feedback. We understand there are a lot of capabilities in the Yext platform, and so we offer lots of support and training options. We're disappointed to hear you've had a difficult time navigating so far and we want to ensure we're doing everything we can to make things easy for you. We strongly recommend taking advantage of our Hitchhikers program. Check it out on our website. It's a free and comprehensive walkthrough of every feature in Yext. If you have other questions, please reach out to Support and reference this review. We look forward to working together this year!

Replied February 2022

Madison

Great, simple to use software with cool features

My overall experience was good, but like I said, the cost was was irked me.

Pros

I liked most how user-friendly the software was, and how well it worked.

Cons

The price. It is definitely pretty expensive when you compare it to other similar softwares on the market.

Reasons for switching to Yext

Wanted to try something new.

Response from Yext

Hi Madison, thanks so much for the review! We want to make sure you're getting the most out of our partnership. Our client support team and your account team are always available to help you. You can reach out to us at support@yext.com if you have any questions about our platform and how to optimize your account and services. We really appreciate your feedback.

Replied September 2020

Jessica

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

We Love Yext

Yext has allowed our local businesses to appear higher in search due to the ability to add so much information to the platform including business hours, descriptions, holiday hours, featured messages, etc. We love the platform because it is easy to use and does not require daily monitoring.

Pros

Yext has made it extremely easy for our franchise owners to update their business information on a single platform. This not only allows the correct information to appear on various sites, it also allows our franchise owners to update their information as needed. It's very simple and efficient.

Cons

The interface, I believe, could be easier on the eyes. However, I do enjoy the system as is.

Response from Yext

Thank you so much for your review, Jessica. We're happy to hear that our services have helped your franchise owners become more efficient!

December 2022

Poor Experience All Around - Please Avoid

When finally attempting to use the software it was unbelievably difficult, not applicable to our needs, and frustratingly unusable. Our first call with support was a joke. The support representative said, to "perform some functions" we had to go up to the URL and remove some text. I couldn't believe my ears. We quickly learned as an "agency" we could not connect GMB (GBP) of our clients to Yext because we were not the "administrators" of the accounts. This was a deal breaker. And, if we're able to get admin access there was a very specific process to connect with Yext, including "emailing their support team" before it could happen. We are currently using (2) competitors to Yext and this step is not required. In an attempt to fix the situation, Yext set up 2 meetings with us, which they canceled both at the last second. I have documentation and witnesses for all of this. I wanted to resolve the situation directly with Yext but their support after the sale has been a painful and poor experience. I am here to hopefully help anyone else to avoid this nightmare. I did an evaluation of 8 competitors in the space, and am frustrated that I got chose the wrong platform; as they will not refund our money. We have not used the platform at all, and are such a small business this hurts.

Pros

I was very excited at first. The sales process was very smooth and the demo they showed was impressive. I also really like the Hitchhiker's idea for education and support. I was very excited, they have an impressive sales team, but unfortunately, that was the end of it.

Cons

-- Onboarding was all over the place. How we had to use the software was laughable. -- Interface (UX/UI) was anything but intuitive. -- Queries were extremely difficult to run without memorizing multiple steps and impossible to train staff on. -- Integration with GBP didn't exist, definitely not a Google Partner.

Reasons for choosing Yext

Yext had the best sales process, I have to give them that. They seemed to care about education, and seemed to have some awesome feature sets, for similar pricing I thought we were getting the best-in-class. I am most angry with myself and the internet for making Yext look like the industry leader.

Morgan

Yext made our lives easier

Pros

I liked how easy it was to implement. Our team manages the online listings for over 300 small businesses.

Cons

I wish it worked with more directories.

Price and features.

Response from Yext

Thanks for your review, Morgan. Love to hear that we make your lives easier (that's what we're here for). If you have any additional feedback on which directories you'd like to see us work with specifically please shoot an email to support@yext.com.

Ben

Supporting our locations

Have really enjoyed working with all the Yext staff. The product fits what we need for listings, reviews and promoting our bank.

Pros

Ease of updating data on a single platform that pushes out to numerous listings in one update.

Cons

We have encountered some bugs in the system that needed to be addressed. This slowed the process of getting some items completed as quickly as we would of liked. The Yext support team has been helpful in resolving the issues.

Response from Yext

Thank you for the helpful feedback, Ben. We're glad to hear that our Support team has been quick to resolve the issues your encountered, and that our products and services have been helpful in promoting Capital City Bank to your customers.

Jeff

Yext for Local Listings Management

We are using Yext to manage all of our local listings and are working to make them our system of record. Our websites and apps now use their APIs to access location data, eliminating the need to update changes in multiple places. This has been a huge help for keeping listings accurate.

Pros

Easy to use and learn. We are able to add, update and delete data for all of our local listings very easily. Additionally, the reporting and analytics are great.

Cons

The only negative has been that some of the additional packages are pricey in consideration of what we are already paying. The base listings and analytics packages are worth the money - scaling additional packages sometimes seems expensive.

Response from Yext

Thank you for leaving your review, Jeff. We appreciate your feedback on the pricing and will pass it along to our team. We're happy to hear that you enjoy working with us and look forward to being your official system of record.

Jonathan

If You Want It, Take it!

Overall it has been a great experience! I like that Yext takes our feedback and implements it into their on going development.

Pros

Ease of use. The ability to update all connected directories at the same time.

Cons

The inability to send review requests that populate on Google, Yelp and Facebook.

Response from Yext

Thank you for leaving your valuable feedback, Jonathan. We're glad to hear that you've had a great experience with our products and services. We appreciate the feedback around our reviews product and will share that with our product team.

Replied April 2019

CHARLES

Daily user

Overall experience has been positive. Not very easy to see an overall effect of the citations and services.

Pros

The tracking of services for locations and the locations themselves are easily trackable. Eliminating and suppressing duplicate citations and incorrect publisher suggestions is absolutely easier than tracking any other way.

Cons

Support can take some time to provide answers. For the most part, this hasn't been a huge issue, but at times it was. This is not intuitive software and takes some time to get familiar with enough for basic use. Another big negative is that if we were ever to stop using Yext, the citations we purchased through Yext will be "unlocked" and basically lost. This seems like poor business in that you pay for an item so you expect to be able to keep that item unless you decide to sell the item.

Response from Yext

Charles, we appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that you've had an overall positive experience with our products and services. We appreciate your feedback regarding our support team and will pass it along to them. In regards to your comment about stopping use of our service, when a client cancels, Yext no longer sends the business's information to the sites in the Knowledge Network. This information then becomes subject to the normal data compilation process of each publisher, which may result in the data and content changing over time.

Replied February 2019

Jason

Great Value for the price

Pros

I have locations that are constantly updating their hours and I can update one platform instead of having to log into multiple platforms. The analytic data is robust and we use it for our monthly reporting.

Cons

Several glitches and bugs when new features are rolled out. If an API breaks or has issues, users are not alerted or have a place to check for issues.

Response from Yext

Thank you for leaving your review, Jason. We're glad that you find great value in our products and services, and that you've saved time updating your data with our platform. We appreciate your feedback around new product roll outs and notifications and will pass that on to our team.

Good Software

My overall experience with Yext has been really good. The account managers are very helpful and Yext support always gets back to me quickly with issues and questions.

Pros

I like the ease to set up accounts as well as the feature to suppress duplicate listings and keep track of featured messages.

Cons

Not too happy with the basic reporting system.

Response from Yext

Thank you for your review. We will pass your feedback on the reporting to our team. If you have any additional feedback, we'd welcome the opportunity to speak with you. Please contact us directly at support@yext.com.

A Strong Product Offering that Puts Our Customers First

Yext allows us to double down on the marketing efforts we provide our customers on a daily basis, it seamlessly and easily allows us to protect, update and promote our customer's desired brands.

Pros

Ease of use within the platform makes for quick and easy customer additions and updates.

Cons

The load/render times of the platform can at times be rather slow, but the impact is minimal.

Response from Yext

Thank you so much for the kind words. We appreciate your business and your review.

Kyle