AxisCare Software Reviews

Find out more:

Recommendations

FrontRunners 2020

Find out more:

• icon"I like it's ease of use functionality. The tutorials provided accelerated effective use of AxisCare and I love working with it every day."
  • icon"Ease of use, customization, extremely useful functionality and par excellence customer service."
  • icon"The attribute functionality is fabulous. It lets us customize our list for our clients and caregivers to get the best match possible when scheduling."
  • icon"No customization feature, each business has its own requirement, need to be more flexible. Customer services is bad."
  • icon"I was unaware of the price structure and that we are charged for clients over 20."
  • icon"Hate to sound cliche, but there isn't a thing I can't do with the software for my Caregiving company."

All AxisCare Reviews

Rich

August 2022

Highly Recommend AxisCare for Home Healthcare Agencies

Overall, the folks at AxisCare have done an outstanding job of continually developing the AxisCare System and they are excellent at updating us and continuing to update their knowledge base and training support. I highly recommend them to anyone looking for a good solution for their home healthcare business.

Pros

It is obvious when you first join AxisCare that their onboarding and training teams have designed well-thought-out content and continue to develop knowledge bases and support via ZenDesk. They listen to us when we make enhancement requests and their customer support and speedy follow up are outstanding.

Cons

There are two primary opportunities for improvement and they both revolved around the applicant tracking software system and database transfer of completed application forms directly into AxisCare. Our state requires over 30 specific forms in the application process. This requires us to be able to upload over 30 specific images and PDFs and the AxisCare System currently requires us to upload each one separately, which is extremely tedious and a large dedication of time for each applicant. We have yet to hear back from the development team on when this is going to address. I have to imagine that this is a must-have for every HR Department of each of their clients and this seems to me to be such a basic development request. Secondly, our current Caregiver Applicant Process is facilitated by Apploi (third-party) and Apploi's Third-Party vendor, HelloWorks. We currently capture all 30 forms via data entry from primary caregivers' mobile phones and this data is stored on the servers of Apploi, but there is no current data map that updates all of the data from HelloWorks to AxisCare. This is a significant data mapping disconnect, as we have to update hundreds of data fields in AxisCare for each caregiver applicant. There has to be a better solution for each of their clients than being told that this is not possible.

Reasons for switching to AxisCare

Amada Senior Care switched at the corporate level for all franchises. It was an excellent move on their part and has helped us.

Response from AxisCare Software

Hi Rich, Thank you for taking the time to leave this thoughtful review. We are ecstatic that you've found our onboarding process to be stress-free and that our support team has been able to assist you in any way possible! We especially appreciate your suggestions on how we can improve our software even more. We value your feedback, and will continue to improve and develop, so that you and your team have nothing but pleasant experiences moving forward. Thank you again for your review, Rich. We look forward to serving your agency for years to come! -The AxisCare Team

Replied August 2022

Mary

Axiscare Review for Consumer Directed Services

The support team is fantastic. If I use the help desk, response is very quick. I have had to call for support several times (always a user error, not software error) and they have taken time to help me. I had trouble with my Quickbooks and the support team helped me with that when I could not get Quickbooks support team to understand my issue.

Pros

I like the easy to use features for the attendants. It is very important that someone who is not very tech savvy to still be able to use this software. I like the available reports, which I use weekly. It flows easily into Quickbooks for payroll and taxes for my accountant. It is also necessary to have both options of the app and telephony since some of my clients live in very rural areas. I even have some that still own land line phone because there is no cell services at their house.

Cons

I would like it better if the caregivers could amend their visit after they created it. Sometimes they put in "am" instead of "pm" and it flows into the next day and they have to contact the office to fix it.

Reasons for choosing AxisCare

Quickbooks time tracking did not have capability to put in tasks. I liked the demo of axiscare better than the others

Response from AxisCare Software

Hi Mary, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this fantastic review! We are thrilled to have you as a customer and are ecstatic to hear how your experience with AxisCare has been. Our support team takes great pride in being responsive, caring, and willing to assist in any way needed. We're so happy to hear that you've experienced this first hand with our team. I will be sure to pass this along to them! Thank you again for your time, Mary. We look forward to many great years ahead! -The AxisCare Team

Loree

Ridiculous $1800 Termination Fee -

Poor. I do not recommend. I've worked on Generations & CareSmartz360. Both are significantly better and less costly.

Pros

I liked and trusted all the excellent reviews and jumped on purchasing AxisCare knowing it was going to be the answer to my scheduling software needs. I missed the introduction due to covid. Support does not respond same day. I figured out the program, but learned that the invoice that gets exported to Quickbooks Desktop can not be professionally formatted. This was a deal breaker for me. Two other scheduling software companies I've used both were able to adequately format. I canceled the service. I was charged $1800 for early termination. What a racket. I get nothing in return for that $1800.

Cons

Support is difficult to reach and then dismissive.

Reasons for choosing AxisCare

I foolishly opted for AxisCare due to excellent reviews.

Response from AxisCare Software

Thank you for reviewing AxisCare, Loree. We regret we did not meet your expectations. I reviewed the support tickets you sent in. In most cases, our support team responded immediately or sent you an immediate follow up. I noted a few instances where we did not follow up in a timely manner. We have addressed this internally. I understand your dissatisfaction with how AxisCare sends over invoices to QuickBooks Desktop. Our customers who use QBD generally use QBD custom invoices to meet their invoice needs, or they use AxisCare's built-in invoices, which have many customizable options and a professional layout. We also understand your frustration regarding the early termination fee. However, the contract you signed with us clearly states that early termination obligates you to payment of the remainder of the minimum monthly fee for the remainder of the annual contract. If you would like to discuss this or any of the above further with us, please email me at micahkey@axiscare.com.

Replied November 2022

william

It's All About Relationships

It's all about relationships: [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] etc etc....Thier team. This makes them a great part of our team and builds a long-term relationship, its not just a business agreement. It is very personal working with the team in TX, our needs are always addressed in an extremely quick manner and our concerns are addressed likewise. I had one office (started with Axiscare) i purchased another office (Generations) ... i compared the two for 8 months, i finally had to make the right decision which was to switch to Axiscare in both offices.... have NEVER regretted that decision. They have been partners in my success from the beginning, and will continue to be so.. Wil

Pros

The Axis care team, is great, and although the presentation and system may not be as "flashy" as other software's, it is by far the best i have used. Also, on top of that the team is always there to both help and be-friend us. Not just for business, but also for personal enhancement and friendship.

Cons

What things i did not like, i brought up as concerns, and they have always resolved the issues, or placed a change order in to resolve the software change desired.... no cons at this time.

same as previous comments

Reasons for switching to AxisCare

It was a 2nd office i purchased 0- they had used generations for 10 years, it took about 87-8 months to make the decision to switch... honestly axiscare was simply better and more responsive and the costs were more adaptable to my changes.... i wanted to pay more if i make more, pay less if i make less.... axiscare has this flexibility - which means they are vested in my success, and their success is vested in my success... we are partners in a way, not just vendors to each other.

Ryan

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Responsive, deep infrastructure. Unfortunate name.

One of the best things about Axiscare is that they have really responsive and helpful support staff. We have been in need of frequent help, and they have provided that in spades.

Pros

Axis was very easy to implement across our home health care business. We were updating from paper time cards, so the biggest challenge was bringing our caregivers into a new technological reality. It only took a bit of training and a couple of weeks to pull it off. It helps that the admin staff was trained very thoroughly by the Axis staff. The interface is very easy to use and it keeps all of our notes and documents at our fingertips. Moreover, the interface seems to have been created by people that have done scheduling before, unlike some other software we looked at. It makes a huge difference for your staff as the thing they are in constant contact with feels right to them. I am very happy with Axis and am confident we made the right choice with them.

Cons

The Axiscare app is my biggest complaint about the software. If I or the admin staff is using the website to alter things or update visits, it is flawless and responsive. When I get on my phone app it has problems from time to time. The biggest problem is that it sometimes crashes and makes me sign in again. This is not a major problem because I can just do that. It does lead to calls from frustrated caregivers that don't know why this is happening. It is a small complaint, and Axis may fix this by the time you are reading it, but it's really my only complaint about this software.

Reasons for choosing AxisCare

As stated above, the support provided and the interface were our decision points. I am confident we made the right choice, highly recommended.

Reasons for switching to AxisCare

We wanted a better interface, a web based product. Basically a total update from software we had been using for more than 10 years.

Jared

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Great Product. Continuously being improved more and faster than any POC software in our space

They have been a great partner and really are striving to make real world problems easier to deal with and they support our continuous effort to create systems that remove manual labor work or manual constant touches. This reduces the number of errors possible, streamlines processes for greater consistency across our multiple branches and reduces busy work for our staff so they can focus more on their primary job functions.

Pros

Ease of use. Easy to train to. It is constantly being improved via actual listening to customer feedback. Previous softwares used often gave updates or "enhancements" that were worthless and we often wondered who in the world did they make that update for....

Cons

Some of the website gooey is not as slick and sexy as others I have seen or been demoed. They are redoing several screens to update the look and functionality in phases. The ones they have updated look good.

Reasons for switching to AxisCare

Great product and simple, but wasn't allowing us to scale in size. Too many friction points for a larger agency.

Isaac

July 2022

Great product

Fantastic.

Pros

The ability to customize each feature based on the needs of the positions is highly useful. Also, the fact that AC was made by home health care owners, for home health care owners, means they know what matters.

Cons

The Forms section needs upgrading. Staff can't sign incident reports and the application for employment doesn't do us much good. We have to use other software for that.

Reasons for choosing AxisCare

I don't recall what other software we were looking at. We chose AC because it was recommended by others and they also seem to know the industry very well.

Reasons for switching to AxisCare

Clear Care had some major software deficiencies, one of which would have caused a med error had we not caught it. They also have to outsource their software development so changes are slow coming.

Response from AxisCare Software

Hi Isaac, Thank you for leaving this thoughtful review. We are so pleased to hear that AxisCare's customizability has benefited your agency. We are constantly improving our software, so your feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you again for your review Isaac and we look forward to serving your agency for years to come! -The AxisCare Team

Replied July 2022

Mary

User Friendly and Tons of Features

Love this software, would recommend to anyways that needs to transition from telephony.

Pros

AxisCare is extremely user friendly, most of caregivers have no problems transitioning from paper timesheets to EVV and telephony.

Cons

Certain items on the software has a long loading time.

Reasons for choosing AxisCare

AxisCare features matched what our company needed

Reasons for switching to AxisCare

AxisCare was more user friendly and offered more features our company needed

Kasan

Mostly Satisfied User

We have been using EVV long before Missouri Medicaid mandating and was happy that AxisCare made the cut and we were able to continue using.

Pros

The cost per client, the ease of use of the platform and the mobile app with geofencing.

Cons

I am not a fan of the built in CRM. I wish there were options for CRM integrations. I especially do not like how many clicks you have to do to send a message to one person. I hope there is an integration option coming soon as I hate having to work from multiple systems.

Reasons for choosing AxisCare

platform design, ease of use and mobile app

Reasons for switching to AxisCare

wanted windows based application...for updated platform + mobile app access with geofencing

Response from AxisCare Software

Hi Kasan, We are incredibly grateful that you took the time to review AxisCare and are so happy that you've found our software easy to use. We are always looking at ways to improve, so we are very thankful for your feedback. Thank you again and we look forward to serving your agency for many more years! -The AxisCare Team

Joseph

Convenient

Great

Pros

The scheduling process and tracking the caregiver

Cons

There is nothing that I don't like not to like about the software

Reasons for choosing AxisCare

Response from AxisCare Software

Hi Joseph, Thank you so much for your positive feedback! It makes us incredibly happy knowing that you've found AxisCare easy to use and that the scheduling capabilities have benefited your agency. Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. It means a lot to us. Have a great day! -The AxisCare Team

Lelynn

Newer Client to AxisCare

It has been a lot to learn and I know we only have really comprehended a small portion of what we really need to properly utilize. But, I know there are people there to help even if they don't understand fully at the time.

Pros

The accessibility of the web based application. Being able to easily access it from any computer or phone is hugely beneficial. The App does fairly well with not crashing and not having many issues with clocking in and out. Seems more user friendly and less "need a degree to navigate" than past services we've used.

Cons

There isn't any auto verifying if the shift is clocked in/out close to the scheduled time. That's quite a pain. If they clock in within 5 min of the shift, we shouldn't be bothered to have to manually verify each and every shift. Training for actual use was not as detailed as it should be. More training video tutorials would be beneficial. Especially when fine tuning things (i.e. trying to understand the use of the Marketing section) Navigating reports proves to be difficult. Trying to gather forecasting information on schedules/billing/payroll has been confusing. I called in to gain clarification and was told I wasn't able to forecast out anything that wasn't verified shifts. But due to the pandemic, I need to do so to ensure our billable/payroll/bills all align. Getting a hold of the initial persons that set us up was difficult. Of the three or four we went through, only one person was always available. It doesn't link our leads to our home office website fully - in that we can't mark off a "contacted" line item in AxC and it check it off on our home office site. Right now it appears to only pull information from the site to AxC but will not submit info back to the site from AxC.

Reasons for choosing AxisCare

Another office allowed us to view AxC in their office to see if it would be a good fit.

Reasons for switching to AxisCare

Rosemark was too complicated to utilize quickly. Too many steps to navigate thru to do one change.

No Surprises

Can't say enough good things. Absolutely love this software over all the competitors we've had in the past. Hands down the best out there for the price.

Pros

It may not be the "prettiest" but it is very user friendly and most importantly IT WORKS. Our company has been through 3 other software platforms over the last 8 years. All previous companies over promised and under performed. Do not be distracted by fancy software features. Those fancy features do not do you any good if the core software doesn't work. AxisCare works! No data loss, no saving issues, rarely down for maintenance and easy to navigate.

Cons

I really can't answer this question because AxisCare is always rolling out new functions and features and they listen to what their clients want. There have been multiple features our office has needed that were added within a few months. That's unheard of in this industry!

Katrina

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

AxisCare: A company that exceeds the common standards of customer service

Integration was seamless. My branch was the pilot branch for Family Resource Home Care. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] made the trip here personally (Moscow, Idaho- Spokane, WA) to assist with our go live. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] are professional, knowledgeable and extremely friendly. I would highly recommend AxisCare not only for it's features, but also because the team behind Axis Care is exceptional.

Pros

AxisCare offers a user friendly interface and at the same time enables users to do a deeper dive with a range of comprehensive reports.

Cons

As we find features we may want to add or that could be useful, AxisCare works with us on adding enhancements. The cons are only that it takes time to get several features up and running.

Reasons for switching to AxisCare

FRHC was looking for a POC software that not only offered more but that was also able to vision cast with our company so that we would have a long term relationship. AxisCare has proven themselves to be visionaries.

Cathy

AxisCare - One of the Best

We use AxisCare exclusively for both our Caregiver and Client experiences and documentation. Other than a few hiccups when we initially set our system up, AxisCare has been there the whole journey with us. When we have questions or need clarification with a specific feature, the Customer Support Team has been easy to work with.

Pros

We have been using AxisCare since we opened our office in 2019. It is very user friendly for my internal staff and my caregivers. We developed a very robust Operations Report used to track our growth and AxisCare reporting makes gathering the information quick and accurate. When the caregivers use the tool correctly, it makes our payroll and billing processes easy and efficient. Our office uses the "Chat" function daily to communicate with our caregivers and the Team Conversation feature allows our caregivers to communicate with each other and enhances the Caregiver Experience. Our clients are exceptionally happy with the Family Portal as it allows the families to stay abreast and active in their loved ones care

Cons

The one negative that seems to consistent across the board, is older caregivers do have a longer learning curve with getting acclimated to AxisCare, especially if they experience general difficulties with Smart Phone technology.

Reasons for choosing AxisCare

When we started our search for a heathcare HRIS, the AxisCare staff was very responsive to our inquiries and they respected the fact we were shopping. There was no pressure to buy. After previewing other healthcare softwares, we found that AxisCare was the most efficient product for our needs AND it is user friendly for all of us that use it.

Elizabeth