• Pros

• "The implementation team was great. Went above and beyond throughout the entire process Careficient training is outstanding. Communication is great Ease of use for all staff "

• "It is easy to use. They keep the program updated. The billing of Medicare is very good. It was easy to switch from our previous program."

• "I love the ability to customize Careficient to suite our needs at different stages of growth and needs. I love the customer support knowledge and speed of resolutions."

• Cons

• "This is simple thing. But I don't like the color of the patients name. Also when I'm working on my laptop if you get close to the header bar if drops down and gets in your way. "

• "Transitioning patients to Careficient software is time consuming as we are not able to import information. Nothing bad about the system just a con for switching to any new software."

• "The Software has some limitations in billing and tracking cert periods and the EMR keeping is very weak. More work needs to be done in the EMR area. "

Browse Careficient AMS Reviews

Shelly from Acute Nursing Care LLC

Very functional

I wish I would have found this company years ago.

Pros

This software is so easy to use. It is customizable to fit our mix of business and has all of the features that the large software companies have but at a reasonable price. The support is great and the implementation team is amazing. The ongoing compliance is amazing as well. For the first time in years I am able to track AR and payments without issues. The reports are great and the billing is AMAZING.

Cons

There are a couple of areas that are slightly cumbersome, but nothing that is horrible.

Pricing and features.

Tami from Maryland Healthcare Servces

Careficient AMS is Easy to Use

We use the software to track patient information - visits, schedules, etc. It is also used as a payroll system. The clinicians visits are recorded in Careficient. However, ADP is the software whereby they are paid. So payroll in Carifiienct must be processed before you can cut checks in ADP

Pros

Easy to use, captures important patient information. The company is super easy to work with, and some of the software has been customized for ys.

Cons

It doesn't work with ADP Run. Hence, my entire payroll ends up being done twice - for hundreds of W2 and 1099 employees, that is a ton of work

Reasons for Choosing Careficient AMS

This was chosen before my tenure with the company. the only thing I would change is the ability to interact with payroll programs such as ADP or Paychex

Danielle from Faith Home Healthcare, Inc.

I am new to this software and love that we get to work with developers who listen to our ideas.

It completes the patient's EMR and meets compliance issues with CHAP and Medicare. Obviously it decreases the amount of paper kept for medical records and HR records.

Pros

I like how the information flows from service notes to orders such as 485. I also like how you can customize information on the service notes. I am excited to start working with the new care plan customization options and visit tasks. I also like how learning videos are available at any time and that you can get into the system from almost anywhere.

Cons

I feel that some stuff is repetitive or requires multiple steps to get completed. I wish the scheduling was easier to complete and make changes if needed. I don't like that you can only create a ROC order if the 485 is completed as sometimes these date ranges interfere with each other. I know there are work around for this but sometimes, that's not convenient. Also, orders are not set up to require problem, intervention, and goals to be obtained. Like the ROC orders only pull orders but not goals. It would also be nice if one could quickly mark that we do not need a physicians signature but would still like to fax it (i.e. case communication notes) as opposed to faxing it, then taking the dates out, then marking no signature required. Just simple cons so far.

Tena from Area Agency on Aging of Southeast Arkansas, Inc.

I love this software! It is very easy to use and navigate through. Customer Service is great.

Medical records that can be easily viewed by quality assurance to be certain care plans are being followed. Record reviews, electronic medical records, etc.

Pros

Ease to use and navigate through. Low cost is always a plus. An amazing customer service team that I consider friends.

Cons

There really isn't anything I don't like about the software. Sometimes there may be issues with orders or something but, they have such a great support team that it usually gets fixed within a short period of time.

Shatane from Care For You Home Healthcare Agency

Brings structure and organization to our home care agency & ease to use our staff and nurses love this system

Overall very impressed with system.

Pros

All patients information s all n one place. Great way to have great communicate between our staff Great scheduling system Stays updated Generates 485 form our nurses love this.

Cons

Sometimes have updates Little expensive but worth it!!! Scheduling is little confusing Long training when first starting up Need to be geared towards all medicaid and medicare program like passport etc

Nancy from Scotland County Home Health Agency

This software is user friendly and efficient.

?

Pros

The workbasket items, to remind me of things that need to done. Also the billing portion of the program is very user friendly.

Cons

That there are so many steps to add new items to supplies and setting up new payers is difficult and I find it difficult to know what each item is and when to allow it. Also, posting payments if there is money that has been reclaimed.

Helen from Grafton-Taylor County Home Health

I find the system very easy to use. Clinicians that have used other systems, find it difficult.

I personally haven't used any other system. All electronic charting is done with Careficient.

Pros

As the office-intake clerk, I very much appreciate the ability to see real time as clinicians complete their service notes for verification.

Cons

1. The entry of supplies is way too time consuming. 2. Pecos should cross over for populating of information.

Vickie from Lewis County Health Department

Like working with their personnel.

Saves me time.

Pros

It is easy to use. I do the billing. It easy to find errors and corrected them. It is easy to post my remittance. Also it is easy to bill.

Cons

vickie from lewis county health department

Careficient AMS Review

It is good. The billing department takes too long to process VA and Advantage claims I feel. But except the items above it is a very good program.

Pros

Cons

a problem I have using this program on my laptop is that the drop down menu shows up when your trying to clinic on the line below. Also it would be helpful if the program could complete the State end of the year report. The previous software did complete this report with just one click.

Deborah from Knox County Health Department

Great support from customer reps

It is so much better than our previous company. For the most part, it is very user friendly and our home health staff finds it easy to use.

Pros

I most like the billing component of this software. Very easy to use. Much better than our previous company.

Cons

I find it hard to get medical supplies entered and usable in the system. It is also complicated to get the billing codes put in place.

Brendon from HPSC Group

Careficient is a very helpful tool for managing our associates and clients.

This software help us with most of our processes.

Pros

Cons

I wish we could customize a few other things, but I'm sure Careficient will continue to help us with these changes.

Melissa from KCCMH Home Health and Caring Hands Hospice

User friendly, affordable, efficient and thorough software

Overall our agencies are beyond pleased with this software. It is comprehensive, is up to date with the COPs and care planning requirements. when calling customer service, our calls are answered promptly and if the tech doesn't know how to help, he/she will put us in touch with someone who can help. They are not used to handling agencies who provide both home health and hospice but they have worked very hard at helping us manage both inside the system.

Pros

Charting time (1 hour versus 5 in our old software) Thorough charting Offers both Home Health and Hospice Billing services are affordable and worth it Support is easy to reach and go out of their way to help They will customize as much as the system allows

Cons

The set up was frustrating and very time consuming Some of the processes inside the system are a bit confusing No ability to customize reports for agency needs: ie, fall tracking Training- Not structured to teach clinical personnel their role Difficult to differentiate home health from hospice patients on the list of patients.

Zak from Loving Family Home Care

New Employee Form Feature is AMAZING!

The system originally did not have everything that we thought it would have however, the team at Careficient has been very helpful and willing to make sure we have what we need as an agency to be successful. If they don't have a feature, let them know and they will see about making it happen!

Pros

This new feature allows us to have new hires sit at a computer and do our new hire paperwork/training all on the site. This gets rid of using tons of paper for each new employee that we bring on. AWESOME

Cons

No issues yet for this new feature.

Chuck from Brightmoor Hospice

Fantastic Customer Service

Our Reps and the rest of the team have supported us through the entire implementation. Lots of instruction, one on one training and communication surrounding our questions and concerns has been fantastic. Implementing the new software was very stressful to the entire staff but the Careficient team has done everything they could to help my entire staff through it. All of our requests have been acted on quickly and efficiently. It has been an excellent partnership. This is the easiest and most accommodating vendor I have worked with.

Pros

Cons

Changing from a non internet based product to Careficient has been a struggle for the staff to become accustomed to an entire new way of doing things.

Lisa from Hallmark Home Health Care

Careficient is very friendly user

Careficent has been a huge change for our Ageney. We were all paper based and decided to go electronic. We had demos with app 5 other vendors and chose this software. It has not disappointed us in any way. The staff is wonderful!!!

Pros

The flow it provides as you move through each step.

Cons

Haven't found one yet. We have been using Careficient for about 2 months and it was a major transition for this agency since we have been doing paper for over 25 years.

Reasons for Choosing Careficient AMS

The flow it has for the Clinical part as well as the billing and of course the cost compared to other companies. They were very willing to give references of established users so we could see what the users experience was with Careficient.

Caroline from Alexander Home Healthcare

Great system and the support team is phenomenal!!

Pros

The system is very user friendly and in comparison to other software I have used in the past it was fairly easy to enter information and get started.

Cons

Nothing really. The support team is always open for suggestions for improvement. The system really helped is get through our accreditation process smoothly.

Roberta from ACE Home Health Care Services Inc.

overall it is headed in the right direction. i do NOT feel I made an error choosing this software.

This is our scheduling, billing, and EMR. Overall we like it very much. And they have made many improvements in the last year. They are listening carefully to their customer base.

Pros

The layout is good. They keep up with regulations. The color coding is helpful. Responsive to our requests, especially the ones that relate to failures in survey.

Cons

Light on the reporting. Not flexible in the area of reporting. Plenty of data there, just not right reporting. In the area of billing it doesn't lean far enough to the standards of medical billing. It treats a lot like regular invoicing. I have adapted but it could use some work.

Tawanna from US Home Health

My experience the staff has been excellent. They provide great support.

great with meeting the COP for CMS

Pros

Readable features, easy login and recovery of forgotten password. Notification concerning system updates

Mary Ann from J & K Home Care

Careficient is a great customizable software

Overall excellent home care software with a great support team. Having nurses on the support team is a great benefit for compliance questions. Compared to other home care software, the Careficient pricing can't be beat.

Pros

Care needs are easily entered and customized for our patients. Associates very happy with the ease of filling our their nursing notes. Agency reports are easily obtained and keeps our agency organized and up to date with compliance.

Marlene from Alexander Home Healthcare

We are going through the implementation and so far everything is going well. Excellent support.

Pros

Very good interface and navigation is straightforward. The system has a lot of checks and balances, so it helps you to stay in compliance. Great support during implementation, especially when compared to other software we have implemented in the past. The training and support person assigned to us is outstanding and the responsiveness to issues is very timely. I wish we had run across this software years ago, it would have saved us a lot of headaches and wasted time and money.

Response from Careficient

Replied December 2017

Thank you Marlene, we are glad to have you as a client and partner and look forward to working with you and your staff.

Jennifer from Revival Homecare Agency

Could be better...

Its ok- but really could be better... also the customer support could use a little work- some people are sort of clueless and some want to help more than others.

Pros

Need AUTH to schedule visits; OASIS analyze compare

Cons

Not very friendly to clinicians; too many rules that hinder progress; too many problems and glitches and weird things that happen; needs work- could be a lot better... also the two drop down choices for clinicians for each note- its a TERRIBLE idea- hate that part- causes many problems...

James from ABC Home Health Care

Customer rep has been the saving grace for us. He has made the difference in keeping our business

Pros

Easy to use and cost effective. Most of the features you do have are easy to understand and learn. Also, since the company was purchased, new features and items have been added that we needed.

Paula from Monroe County Health Department

First system ever used, user friendly.

Pros

First system ever used, user friendly. It was easy to learn and use. Even new staff learned quickly enough to use it on the first day.

Cons

All the medications carry over to other documents, including discontinued medications. This is a problem, if you don't actually check the list. I would like to see the patient's DOB with the name at all times.

Response from Gene

Replied December 2018

Thank you Paula for the great feedback. There is a rule in Careficient that will turn off transferring discontinued medications to other documents. Your Representative will contact you about activating that rule. Many of our Agencies want the discontinued meds to show up so that the physician can see the process of what meds and doses were ordered and when.

IT and transferring has been wonderful

Pros

I love the versatility that the software offers, as well as ease of use. IT is also always on top of things.

Cons

What I like least is about the same as anyone transferring software, it is simply the changing of a software. Right now I have nothing bad to say about the system itself.

Bashiel from Dreamers Home Health Care (LLC)

THE BEST OF THE BEST: Premium software for your money

SATISFIED, SECURE IN THE KNOWLEDGE THAT OUR PARTNERS ARE PROFESSIONAL AND PROTECT OUR INTEREST EVEN WITHOUT OUR URGING.

Pros

Customer-friendly, tireless consultation to ensure proper usage, courteous, professional efficient, effective and willing to work beyond the call of duty.

Ellen from A&E Home Care

Positive experience

Customer Support Team is A+

Pros

the many features. EMR/Compliance/billing/payroll all in one. No paper. Customizability of nearly everything

Cons

It's a complicated system that requires patience during implementation. There is a lot of fine tuning that needs to be done which wasn't expected.