• Pros

• "The software was very user-friendly. Locating information was easy and only displayed the information that was needed or relevant."

• "This is the best overall software for a nursing home. I have dabbed in Matrix as well, and PointClickCare far out hustles. It is a much better software overall. "

• "I love how easy PointClickCare (PCC) software is to use! You can navigate through fairly effortlessly! "

• Cons

• "Nothing really, it's very easy to use and easy to navigate. Only con is that it doesn't sync with Casamba."

• "PCC is clear cut and straight forward, however I do wish that they did not charge for each additional module beyond the base you added."

• "There are more details that need to be incorporated. It works as a base but for the day to day operations and in real time there needs to be more improvements made. "

Browse PointClickCare Reviews

Mary from Self employed

Great program - quick and easy to use

PCC made tracking and reporting on my care of my residents a whole lot quicker and easier.

Pros

Our facility switched over to PCC last year. It was easy to switch over to - easy to learn. It has a lot more functionality than our previous software, and all the different ways the program displays data about residents, especially the MAR (Medication Administration Record) screen, is great. Easy to read and scale, quick and easy physician order entering, with plenty of dropdowns and auto-populating fields. Love the batch entry options. Running and printing reports was easy.

Cons

I work night shift, which is when they do maintenance. I'm happy to report, though, that I was only down for a couple of hours for one night, and they gave plenty of notice about it.

Jacklin from Health Quality Management Group

EHR Industry Leader

PointClickCare is helping our organization to standardize documentation processes and improve documentation compliance. Due to improved efficiency our nurses are able to focus more on patient care.

Pros

PointClickCare is incredibly user friendly; easy to use and understand. PCC stays ahead of the game when it comes to changes within the healthcare industry helping their customers, like me, ensure we are ready and have the tools needed to be successful. Favorite add on modules include Practitioner Engagement, Integrated Results Tracking, and all of our vendor integrations!

Cons

Our facility has grown so reliant on our our vendor integrations that we really do feel the impact when one of our vendors doesn't have an integration with PCC. To help combat this struggle we have started choosing our vendors based on integration status with PCC.

Miguel from 419 Bookkeeping LLC

PCC - Bringing Acctg & Clinical together!

I have very little to complain on the accounting side of this. The ability to import long journal entries from excel or annual budgets have been a life and time saver! The integration of the clinical side that works with the revenue side and imports into the general ledger is fantastic. No need for additional software subscriptions.

Pros

First and foremost, PointClickCare is a web-based program so you can log-in and work from anywhere you have internet connect! BONUS! Secondly, having an all-in-one software that fulfills not only your accounting needs but also your clinical (nursing) needs. If the accounting department needs information regarding a patient, all their information is stored and can be scanned into PCC to be viewed, analyzed, and audited. There is no need to jump for program to program or invest in a different software and hope it integrates with your accounting software.

Cons

The difficulty of "building" your own financial statements/report. Any time that a new account is added, you have to update your customized financial statement and hope you don't accident ruin the entire report. A more simplier process would make this program, from the accounting side, a 5 star.

ECS is way better

Here's a new drinking game. Take a drink whenever you hear, "Can't be done." You'll feel like you are 21 again.

Pros

Order Entry is great. Can quickly enter orders that have multiple administration times. For example, BID and BID PRN.

Cons

This program is built for billing not nursing. For example, I got told that the O2 flow could not be put in with their O2 sats as it was "not a vital"; however you are forced to put in what position of the BP cuff when you do blood pressure (sitting, left arm). Guess what? position of the arm is "not a vital". Scheduling appointments? Get a separate program. Putting in their diet? you can only put one. You can't choose, no added salt AND low fat AND Diabetic. You have to choose one and ONLY one. So pick your poison. You can't just look at certain charting. In ECS I could just look at Cardiovascular and see the trend in Edema. PCC? Can only run a report that shows all the charting. And I have to hunt and peck for any edema charting. Even my most competent/computer savvy staff are revolting.

Katherine from Americare Systems

This literally changed how we do everything, for the better!

Overall I love the software, sometimes it can take a while to get an issue resolved, but mostly I love it and can't imagine going back to what we had before.

Pros

Very user-friendly, I know this has improved our collections over what we had before, tremendously. It's like night and day difference. Easy to use, easy to undo something if you've made a mistake, it's really the best software for this purpose I've ever used.

Cons

Sometimes they make changes that are actually not better than the way it was before. Like transaction history, it was fine before, now I can barely understand it. At least give us the option to use the older version or the newer version.

Anne from Rae-Ann Westlake

The Best way to build your EHR

Customer support is good when you reach out for assistance. There is also a large and well populated help tab to assist with training new users. Customization is easy so a few "super users " can quickly identify and implement improvements .

Pros

PCC is very customizable. It offers a well organized approach to clinical, administrative , quality assurance and marketing uses. The Document Manager is a lifesaver keeping all aspects of paper record keeping easily organized and retrievable within a very secure platform.

Cons

It can get costly as you expand your use. PCC charges to add each module .

Chris from Cascades at Orchard Park

Point Click Care Review

Good. There is nothing better for an all encompassing system for documentation in a nursing home.

Pros

Cons

The customer service is terrible. It can take anywhere from 60 minutes to 120 minutes, just to get someone on the phone for them to help you. Even then, all they really do is say that they are going to reset the system or whatever and then leave you hanging. This needs some serious help.

Jason from The Regency of Lakefield Inc.

You can't go wrong with PCC

Implementation is amazing - the dedicated team for implementing will ensure; the the software is set up exactly to what you need, and you are trained fully before you go-live.

Pros

Point Click Care does everything you need it to! It's easy to use and the company listens to customers and over time makes changes to the software based and user input.

Cons

You can't go wrong! Anything I've encountered that needs changing they have fixed or changed - it might take time but...it happens!

Lyneda from Hospital & Health care

I use it every day to administer medications to my patients. I can check on orders, allergies, medication interactions, and whatever information I need.

Pros

This software is easy to use and easy to design to your needs. All our orders, labs, histories, and diagnoses are easy to get to. The prompts help you correct any errors and help you figure out where you need to go.

Cons

There is nothing really that I dont like about the software. It suits the needs of our facility well.

Sara from Hospice of the Comforter

PointClickCare for SNF/ALF LTC Documentation

PCC is easy to use and does not have a lot of things that cloud the screen.

Pros

PCC offers a lot of reports that users can run within the software and unlike other LTC software, it does not take a lot of training to use. The social work side of PCC was easy to utilize.

Mandy from The Berkeley Retirement Home

I use the financial aspect of this software; the GL/AP module

This software is so easy to use compared to others, in my experience.

Pros

PCC is very user friendly. We were able to implement and use it with very little training. I've used other software and had issues with journal entries not posting to the GL, or invoices not posting to the GL, but with PCC, all the modules communicate as they should. The reports that run through PCC are clear and easy to read unlike our previous software. I make bi-weekly payroll entries, using multiple GL accounts, and with PCC we can set up a recurring entry, only having to change the dollar amounts with each payroll. This saves a lot of time and work. Reports are searchable. When I'm entering an invoice, I can put notes in the memo, then If I'm looking for a specific memo for a vendor, I can pull a vendor transaction report, hit CTRL + F, and search the report for the invoice. This has come in handy quite often when we are trying to figure out when the last time we ordered something was, or how much we paid for it.

Cons

I would like to be able to change invoices while the period is open. Once they are entered, they must be voided to make any changes.

Melody from Beacon Hill at Eastgate

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Point Click Care is a multi-faceted software with many great features. The number of different things it can do is amazing.

Pros

I like the ease of finding information. Many of the reports are very helpful - you can just adjust to your specifications and run. I have hardly ever seen trouble with the system going down or not working properly - very reliable.

Cons

I use the clinical tab more, but am in an administrative position within our LTC facility so reports are very helpful. I wish that there were a way to make the reports more customized - maybe a whole report writing feature where you could get the specific data that you are looking for, in the way that you want it to export. We also have trouble with the whole outpatient therapy set up. It seems confusing as to where to find the resident's information or where to upload documents when a resident is a outpatient SNF for therapy but is living in our assisted living or memory care unit. PCC won't recognize the resident as a new admit to SNF when they move into SNF if they are already an outpatient for therapy. Maybe we just need to know how to use it properly, but it seems rather convoluted and unclear.

Jason from Sunshine Health Facilities

EMR for Skilled Nursing Facilities and Assisted Living Facilities

The overall experience with Point Click Care has been positive. PCC is constantly updating and changing the way they offer training within PCC. They have recently added videos and streamlined help desk within the program. I would recommended PCC for SNF and senior living needs at any facility.

Pros

-Can assist in helping track referrals. -Can assist in tracking rehospitalziation and length of stay -Assists in tracking data and the QAPI process. -It has a robust tool and assessment base for care management -It has other tools related to business analysis and financial management A big plus is the customer support for Point Click Care is available and eager to address any concerns.

Cons

- Cloud based Electronic Health Record. This means if your internet goes down, you're not going to have access to your data and patient records. A reliable internet connection is a must.

Tina from ManorCare

My experiences with PCC

Overall, I have approx 4 years of experience with this program, and like it the best, out of the other programs I've also used.

Pros

I enjoy the ease of using this product. It makes medication and treeatment passes easy. It provided quick look-up for patient profiles, personal contact information, and over-all general information on a patient.

Cons

Attempting to re-order medications can be a hassle. Since the update, one must re-order meds via the eMAR. This can be an issue due to time restraints of medication pass. Since the last two updates, manuevering the system has actually gotten more difficult, not easier. Attempting ot print out complete reports on medication and treament order history is not nearly as easy and simple stepped, as previously prior to the latest updates.

Jessica from Family First Health

Excellent EMAR/ETAR system

Pros

Learning this program is super fast and easy. All patient info is in their clinical chart, Going in to EMAR, the ETAR is just another click away. Making passing meds and doing treatments easy to follow. Meds can be grouped together to the time frame your passing them , or click on all meds due that shift. Times are color coded to assist with whats due now, whats late and what needs to be given.

Cons

D/Cd meds i think should be in med list, just marked as D/C, rather than an separate section of just D/Cd medications

Long Term Care Software is Awesome

I have used PointClickCare for 6 1/2 years now. The changes and updates that have been made over the years have been phenomenal! We just started working with the financial modules recently and they have been a huge asset to the company!

Pros

Cons

We havent quite managed to get our company on line with pharmacy integration yet. It would be nice if there more configuration options to allow for that.

Sheri from Niagara Region

Use for both management of resident chart and financial profile

Pros

We are able to use to manage resident care and financial charts in on the system. It's very versatile and customizable- a lot of reports can be pulled for specific data

Cons

A lot of the reports can not be be manipulated in excel. I would prefer to have capability to sort etc but many reports are set up as PDF only

PointClickCare Review

I use PointClickCare on a daily basis as a Dietitian in Long Term Care. It makes assessing residents very fast and efficient.

Pros

it is extremely easy to use and has all the appropriate categories to assess healthcare residents.

Cons

It seems to not work occasionally and I never know how long to expect it to be out of commission.

August 2015

Cheryl from Lakeview Health Services

August 2015

Like this software because it is user friendly

Pros

The vender is professional and willing to assist to get you where you need to be. They are always on call and they talk in terms you can understand. Point Click Care is user friendly and that makes all the difference in the world! I do have to say I would like the navigation tree back. Otherwise this is an awesome product and is worth it!!!

Cons

I wish the navigation tree was back. My coworker's and I miss that. Now we have to go all the way back out and then back in. Wastes our time where with e tree it would flow much better.

Super easy to navigate your patient's online chart

Pros

Super easy navigation, easy to enter orders and care plans, easy to scan in documents if you can't enter them direct, it can sync with Rehab Optima if you have that feature

Point Click a good program

I enjoy using point click. I can also go there for information that I need quickly.

Pros

Point Click is easy to use. Each task has it's own separate tab with the ability to open the tab to view any details that you may need to know.

Cons

The time is sometimes takes to save but that may be too to our internet service rather than the software itself . It also has a "set" time when the system "saves" and during that time, charting is very slow.

Drew from Oak Terrace

A good software to use

Pros

This is easy to use software that works great for long-term care.

Cons

There are a lot of functions that we do not use, and sometimes the back-end set-up is difficult - but that should be expected on a complicated product.

New User Friendly

PointClickCare was simple to use and easy to navigate for new team members compared to other EHR software.

Pros

Cons

The document upload feature was very slow to complete. Once it was completed, opening a document took a decent amount of time and the software would occasionally crash during this process.

Alisha from Schuyler Hospital

Pointclickcare

Solved the charting issues. Everyone had their information in one place and could see it. Easier to check for updates and changes.

Pros

It was easy to use. Gave lots of different features that helped a ton.

Cons

Sometimes had a slow startup when first logging on to software.

David from Pivotal Health Care LLC

Great product and great features for the clinical side; Back office stinks and is stuck in the 80s

Clinical

Pros

great clinical package; works great for EMR and patient billling; easy setup; great support from implementation team

Cons

AP/GL is archaic; everything is batch; not real time; no drill down from reporting that is anything but a batch number

Jose from Hermitage Northern Virginia

PCC Review

Pros

PointClickCare has a great reporting feature. It also helps with centralizing information on residents and makes transferring between facilities almost painless.

Cons

Billing for respite stays became an issue if the respite happened between two months. The statement will show a pre bill for the whole month rather than just the days that resident has already paid for.

Tatiana from Blessed Pediatric Care

Best for nursing/communication

Easy to use but missing some features to favilitate SOAP writing for therapy notes.

Pros

I love the feature of posting news for all the staff to see when you first sign in. Being able to see all the latest notes entered in order is also very helpful.

Cons

As a therapist Id like to see a feature where all the therapy goals were recurring in the time to do the notes.

Damilola from RHS

Very User Friendly!

Pros

Extremely user-friendly! Very easy to put in orders, process them, and run reports.

Cons

Not much to complain about - one of the best eMAR systems I have used!

Point Click Care, it does OK

I've used Point Click Care for multiple years and find its layout usable and functionality acceptable.

Pros

1. Easy to learn. This software, as a user, is fairly clear to understand. 2. Typically replaces multiple other programs as it integrates multidisciplinary workflows. 3. Responsive help desk.

Cons

1. Split into modules that each have their own separate cost. 2. Doesn't function efficiently until enough modules are purchased.

Tina from Reliable Bookkeeping Services

Simple billing solution

Pros

The financial billing system is simple to use. The help button provides step by step guidelines on how to use the system. It has several modules (Clinical, Admin, GL etc) so it is pretty much an "all in one" package for long term care homes.

Cons

Not the best accounting software. It doesn't have the proper accounting controls that a good accounting software would normally have.

Patricia from Huntsville Health Care

User Friendly

Easy to enter orders for nursing staff

Pros

I taught myself to use this product to enter notes in 1-2 hours

Cons

Not geared to mid providers or physician assistants They need their own program added

Adreana from OLT

I'm sure there's better

Pros

Does what it needs to. There are a few options I don't either have access to or the company did not pay for.

Cons

Sometimes you have to dig to find information Crashes a lot

Rebecca from Health Care

THE BEST SOFTWARE FOR CLINICAL AND BILLING

I have used many software products and this by far is the easiest to use. I was able to ensure my billing and census tied together. It helped my AR and collections strategy.

Pros

I like that it is all managed in one software package. The two speak to each other and billing and census management is a breeze.

Cons

It could be a little easier for the line staff to learn the systems because of the multiple steps it takes to save data.

Betsy from Quincy College

Easy to use and self explanatory.

I am able to use the software while teaching my students in the clinical setting.

Pros

It is very user friendly and the user can figure out how to use the software without much training.

Cons

Certain features of documentation could be more streamlined so that when using an assessment that prepoulates a nurses more, the nurses note looks more like a note and less fragmented.

Jammie from Medical Practice

Pretty easy

Pros

I like that this software is very easy to learn and use.

Cons

Some of details of this system could be updated

Mark from CCS

Industry: Computer Networking

Great overall product for Skilled Nursing

Pros

Web and Cloud based with good performance unlike most other cloud based software. Good support. Able to customize settings to fit your needs.

Cons

Sometimes will have outages that will affect ability for the facility to run. Emergency backs only contain Emar and DMar. Cannot run at all if internet goes down.

Ashley from Knox center

Point click care

I love it

Pros

I like the tools to make shortcuts and when you Miss a step it wont let you go any further and shows you what is wrong

Cons

Sometimes it takes forever to load. Also you have to reclick alot

Best census and accounting blend.

Easy to integrate its, accounting and referral management.

Pros

It is very easy to use, census info and billing information input is a breeze.

Cons

Not Avaliable for the phone use, not avail for assisted living.

Jennifer from Westerly Health Center

Great EMR for SNFs

Pros

Very user friendly and easy to learn. Many add-ons that interface with other programs

Cons

Limited report capabilities, difficult to amend reports

Barbara from Hammonton Center

Pros

The lay out and design of this software was easy to use and I found it easy to navigate. As a nurse it was easy to complete my charting for all of my patients in a fast and specific way.

Cons

I did not like that my diagnostic tests were not Interoperability with PCC. The specific charting was occasionally limiting

Chris from Franklin Ridge

Point click care

Pros

Easy to use. Everything you are looking for is where it should be

Cons

Program does often need to be updated causing downtime

May 2016

Dana from Self employed, PRN therapist

May 2016

User friendly, quick learning period

Pros - quick and easy documenting which allows more time with patients. Cons - order looks great on computer but when the actual order prints, it cuts off some information resulting in some confusion. For example, when creating a dietary order for mechanical soft texture and regular liquids it prints "mechanical soft texture, regular consistency" which is contradictory if you are unaware "consistency" refers to the liquid viscosity. It would eliminate confusion if the word "liquid" would be on the printed version. Our dietary staff was giving my swallow-impaired patients regular textured meals. Also, it would be nice if the patient name was more prominent on printed version. These are minor cons to an otherwise well developed and easy to use program.

Andrew from SRT Med staff

Great interface for long term care homes

Pros

Everything is easily laid out in drop down menus, and patients "mugshots" appear with their profiles. Very easy to use.

Cons

Sometimes the number of menu options are overwhelming, making initially finding crucial information challenging.

March 2010

Susan from Oceanside Skilled Nursing and Rehab

March 2010

Good product

Good product. Tech support is quick and reliable. If there's a slow down, they let you know they're working on it. Have never seen the system down.

Pros

Easy shift from Admin to Clinical information Dashboard gives quick look at care plans due, room changes, admissions, discharges User defined reports very helpful ICD-9 library built in, populates face sheet Social Service and Nutrition assessments auto populate the MDS

Cons

Drug allergies needs more prominent place on face sheet.

Patrisia from Family First Health

PointClickCARE

Pros

I like PointClickCare Long-Term Care because it is very easy and convenient to use, easy to teach new hires.

Antoinette from Sagora Sr. Living

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Fantastic product at a good price point!

Once proper training was provided by my employer, the product was not difficult to use.

Pros

All departments could work in the same system.

Cons

None

Deborah from Sunland Home Care

Ease of use

Pros

It is user friendly and it is something that can be taught to anyone depending on what their level of tech savvy is.

My experience (albeit short and in 2014) with Point click care

Pros

I liked the fact that it seemed to include everything, and it made the info/recording process so much easier. Quite comprehensive and professional.

Cons

It was quite overwhelming at first, and I was wondering if there was a way to even further simplify it.

Amanda from Nursing Consulant

Great overall features

Point Click Care is easy to navigate. Love the accounting features. First class customer service. Would highly recommend.

Nancy from Trinity Mission

Cumbersome product

This is a clinical software - not billing friendly AT ALL. A cash remit that can be posted in five minutes in AHT - takes almost an hour in PCC due to all the additional screens that need to be opened, completed, and approved for every line item! MDS assessments are equally time consuming and take twice the time to complete in PCC.. The support staff is very helpful though.

Pros

the support staff

Cons

very time consuming!!!!!