All Spectora Reviews

Superior Report Software

Diego

Reviewed June 2020

THE Best above all

Spectora allows me to publish on site without making my clients or agents wait long hours. By the time I have completed the inspection it's all done and nothing to do later. This is what I wanted and what I was looking for. No other inspection software was able to meet my expectations and I did tried a bunch of them for months each before I found Spectora.

PROS

Spectora has been the best business decision I have made in decades. Years ago I was looking for a dependable software, mobile ready with no issues at all, able to publish on site, off the charts best customer service. After talking via email with one of the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] I decided to jump in and haven't regretted. This company has the best customer service in the industry, the best technology and they're very client focused.

CONS

The software is awesome. But the least I don't like is NOTHING!! It's all good and way above the competition.

Best Software For Home Inspections By Miles

Life long Spectora customer! They are constantly changing and working to make the product better. Outstanding customer service all the time.

PROS

This software is outstanding! The ease of using it daily has made writing the reports so much smoother. When the clients and the agents see the reports I’m able to produce with this software it sells them on my business. Easy to read, navigate and work on.

CONS

I started using it 4 years ago, only con is that I didn’t have it for the 4 years prior to that.

Better in every way.

Kyle

Reviewed December 2022

It just keeps getting better!

Fantastic from software to website.

PROS

Continually striving to be better. The constant implementation of new features and upgrades.

CONS

I really can’t find any pros. It’s up to the user to make the best of it. The more you know how to use the system. The more successful you will be with your reports.

Craig

Reviewed February 2019

Modern Software Not So Modern

PROS

Visual pleasing Online schedule and payment features

CONS

There are so many limitations with Spectora, for example they restrict your video size where other companies allow you to record video for as long as you want. No integration with homebinder or Nxt. They are expensive vs the competition. Support for multi inspections is limited and syncing is with other inspectors is buggy. We lose data many times, where we have had zero issues with other software programs. Custom built websites are over priced and just cookie cutter rehashes off each other. Just a few minor tweakes and graphics. Look like all the other home inspector websites out there. SEO services are limited and don’t do much. Customer support answers quickly but the follow up is weak.

Hey Craig, We appreciate the feedback and I'm sorry you've had a bad experience! We've upped the video limits recently to adapt to new OS releases. We're always prioritizing integrations based on requests and these 2 haven't had much! We are definitely the premium option - the feedback and our reviews tell us it's well worth it to attract and retain modern agents and clients. We'd love for you to let us know when you run into issues! We don't hear this from the majority of our users so we're ready and waiting if you can give us details! Most Wordpress sites cost 1-5k, so we're reasonably priced. Sites are sometimes limited by the inspectors content. We lose money on SEO services since we offer so much and charge 1/4 of what agency's charge so let me know what you mean on this one. I checked back on your support conversations and we typically ask questions and don't hear back from you. We'd love to help! Email me and we'll get this solved! Kevin@Spectora.com

Replied February 2019

Joshua

Reviewed January 2023

Awesome Product and Customer Service

My customers love the online reporting. Videos and panoramic pictures help identify and explain deficiencies.

PROS

Fully customizable templates made it easy to adjust the software to my workflow. Customer management, preinspection agreements and payment collection are all managed easily with text message and email notifications. The automation is amazing.

CONS

The cost... Spectora is not the inexpensive solution. At $99 + tax (as of 1/2023), Spectora is a significant monthly cost. The automation, quick customer service and robust templating are worth it if your monthly budget can support the cost.

Reason for choosing Spectora

Spectora appeared to be the most robust solution. Fully customizable template

Jason

Reviewed January 2023

Just do it!

Just amazing. Take my word for it. ;-)

PROS

The people! When I need help, they are there. on my phone, on my PC, everywhere. They have always solved my issues and had me smiling afterwards.

CONS

None yet. I'm still under a year and transitioning from ISN and HIP. I'll update this later.

cost savings to start.

Jay

Searching for Perfection

PROS

While no software will every be perfect I believe Spectora is working as hard as I am to achieve just that. And that really starts with Customer Service. I have switched software and worked with other companies that just don't seem to understand when things go wrong (which they will), how is the customer service. Not only the service but the desire and ability to fix 99% of the field issues onsite. Super value to have a team that actually will address and fix concerns. Thank you all.

CONS

Stated above. So far very pleased with everything

Daryl

Reviewed March 2023

Great reporting software! Could Use some Tweaks

Awesome software

PROS

Layout, professional look, ease of use.

CONS

Previewing picture before you can edit it

Brian

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2023

Latest and Greatest

Did not care for it at first and now ( slow learner) I really like it. The inspection will take longer - specially if home is in rough shape but less time at home editing.

PROS

Being able to do the inspection with a phone is a huge step forward.

CONS

Scrolling. I guess there is no solution for that but you will definitely want to invest in a good mouse to review report on synced to computer.

Reasons for switching to Spectora

The company I work made the switch

Bard

Reviewed February 2023

Specotra is critical to my business

Hands-down the most important component of my business is having Spectora.

PROS

All platforms are intuitive, easy to use, efficient, and well-designed. Customer support is the best and always ready to help.

CONS

inability to add subcontractors when creating an appointment.

Tim

Reviewed February 2023

a powerful platform for the inspection professional

Spectora frees me up from a lot of the admin work so I can focus on my inspections.

PROS

easily automates many tasks surrounding the inspection and helps me provide a superior product.

CONS

Resource intensive. Can lag slightly, especially when rapidly entering data.

Erik

Reviewed June 2019

The Most Amazing Home Inspector Software & Application On The Market!

The time-saving of Spectora's integrations has been a life-saver. The inspection entry is easy & upon "saving" the inspection, simultaneously, the client, their agent & the listing agent receive confirmations, the client receives a copy of the agreement for "click-to-accept" & a secure server link for payment AND my Google calendar is updated with the timeslot including all pertinent data! The completion of the report is seamless & once published, again, all emails & text messages go out to the appropriate parties. Agents love the reports & the flexibility they have within the reports to highlight issues & forward to other parties without having to copy & paste. My only regret is that I was hesitant to switch (getting out of a comfort zone). There was zero learning curve!

PROS

This software has unbelievable ease-of-use. The integrations are amazing - so much so that if I am unable to accept an incoming call, a client is able to follow the link on my website to schedule their own inspection & it ties in with my availability! (This happened three times within the last 24 hours!). The professionalism and quick response from support & the development team of Spectora is unmatched. I continue to be amazed at every turn.

CONS

I have fully expected to find a con,... This is not an easy industry to be developing software & applications that are actually field-appropriate. In over 6 months of use, over 150 inspections during that time, I have yet to experience any issues!

Reasons for switching to Spectora

Lack of Customer Support from former product. Unwillingness of the former product team to correct issues within the application. Generic reporting software and no integrations.

Mike

Reviewed December 2019

Spectacular Spectora

We have been able to have one solution for scheduling, reporting, and CRM. We don't use ISN. I'm able to build most of the reports I need manually within 1 hr or less, and I didn't want 2 vendors supporting scheduling. I am very happy with Spectora. I consider them not only the elite, but the best of the elite of home inspection software.

PROS

The software is super easy to use, but the reports are amazing when videos are included. Our realtors love the Repair Request Builder. Customer service is fantastic. They are very prompt to respond. They are also very receptive to suggestions for improvement and have incorporated some of the suggestions we have made.

CONS

Although good, the scheduling functionality is not as good as ISN (this from someone who has not used ISN). My understanding is that Spectora scheduling piece does not scale well to large multi-inspection companies. Spectora is aggressive in making improvements, so this may be a matter of time. I would like to see the CRM expanded to send newsletters and email blasts to clients, clients agents, and/or sellers agents.

Reason for choosing Spectora

Ease of use for home inspector was deciding factor. Reports -- professional, easy to understand, structure, photos & videos do not have to be uploaded from desktop Automatic emails for schedule confirmation, reschedule, post inspection. Database for clients and realtors that can be downloaded to excel.

Reasons for switching to Spectora

Limited functionality; no scheduling functionality; no videos in reports, no crm; no automation.

DAVID

Reviewed August 2020

Best Software Backed by Fast Responsive Technical Support

I have used Spectora for about a year and a half now and I couldn't be more pleased. Not only do I use the software, but I also had them design a new website for me and handle SEO. Any time I have had a question about how to do something or why something was happening, I just hit the chat bubble and someone is always just a few minutes (at most) away. Never have I not had an issue resolved.

PROS

The whole system is easy to adjust and modify to suit my needs. The app allows me to edit my template on the fly and my clients love the ease of use.

CONS

I can't think of a single negative except maybe that the software is available to other home inspectors in my area. I wish I could lock them out of being able to use!

See above

Reasons for switching to Spectora

I liked the fact that I could add video to my inspection reports and that the reports were interactive. Also, the entering of data into the report, along with pictures was easy and seamless. In speaking with the folks at Spectora at a conference, I just knew that they were cutting edge and cared deeply about providing an exceptional product whereas my other provider didn't really seem interested in making improvements. If you go to a conference, you will notice a huge difference between the two companies.

Jonathan