Browse Spectora Reviews

Stephen D. from Whitt Inspections, LLC

Top Notch / Game Changer

Awesome software and customer service. I really like how they can do so much with one app, instead of having to piecemeal it all together. Plus, the visual for agents is great and markets you over and over again. Several clients have used me just because of their wonderful experience with my reports. Plus their marketing team is great if you wanted to use them for that service. It has helped me tremendously. I highly recommend using Spectora to grow your business!

Pros

Spectora has elevated home inspection software to the modern era. Gone are the days of downloading the software, and piecing together different functions such as accounting, invoicing, report writing, CRM, etc. It's all together in one place with Spectora, and if you must, you can even still integrate some of the old school things you just can't let go of via API. Plus the customer service is undeniably amazing. They want you to succeed, and understand our business well. The home inspection industry is changing fast, and they are the only ones who are at the vanguard setting the bar higher. I see all of the old school names in HI software scrambling to play catch-up. Clients and agents love the report and repair builder. It's really a no brainer to use Spectora and I highly recommend them!

Cons

No much to dislike, really. If I had to pick anything, I would say I want a little more robust photo editing (cropping/zooming), but at the same time, I can do things with photos in Spectora that I can't in other software. It's a huge step forward from my prior report writer.

Reasons for Choosing Spectora

The whole package is unmatched. I wanted to grow my business not maintain the ho-hum status quo.

Reasons for Switching to Spectora

Web based report writing, instead of a cumbersome download (so 90's!). Integration and additional services. Visually captivating compared to other boring reports.

Chris from Tri-State Smart Home Solutions LLC

Enhances My Business

I am extremely satisfied with Spectora. I can't imaging running my business without it. I know the product improves our productivity, gives me more personal time, and gives us a competitive advantage over our competition.

Pros

Spectora handles all aspects of my inspection business. From planning, scheduling, payment processing, customer and agent notifications, customer follow-ups, reporting, and end-of-year tax preparation.

Cons

The app crashes from time to time. The app assumes you have good internet while in use. Off-line use is a bit buggy.

Reasons for Choosing Spectora

Spectora was more intuitive and easier to use out of the box.

Reasons for Switching to Spectora

Spectora was more intuitive and easier to use out of the box.

Matt from AmeriSpec Inspection Services

The Perfect Software

This software has been a game changer for our business in the sense that finishing a report at the end of inspection saves us family time in the evenings. The reports are stunning and easy for clients to read and understand.

Pros

This software allows you to capture high quality photos and videos quickly and find relevant comments on the fly as you inspect the exterior and interior of a home. This software allows multiple inspectors to sync their information into one report. The finished report is very modern and interactive with Web links to documents and/or do-it-yourself repair videos.

Cons

Only negative is one glitch that causes the software to shut down and restart at least once per home inspection. The only data that is lost is a photograph that was being taken at the time of the restart. I'm confident that Spectora will figure out this issue and correct it because their customer service is top notch!

Reasons for Choosing Spectora

Homegage was difficult to navigate between screens and required too many clicks to get a comment selected and pictures inserted. Inspection software must be limited to 1 to 2 clicks to finish a comment.. Also, all possible options must fit onto the main screen to prevent time wasted going to different screens.

Reasons for Switching to Spectora

3D inspection software was very fast but they were behind on updating their software so it is compatible with new high definition devices. They also did not have an HTML version for their software.

Craig from WesternGrand

Modern Software Not So Modern

Pros

Visual pleasing Online schedule and payment features

Cons

There are so many limitations with Spectora, for example they restrict your video size where other companies allow you to record video for as long as you want. No integration with homebinder or Nxt. They are expensive vs the competition. Support for multi inspections is limited and syncing is with other inspectors is buggy. We lose data many times, where we have had zero issues with other software programs. Custom built websites are over priced and just cookie cutter rehashes off each other. Just a few minor tweakes and graphics. Look like all the other home inspector websites out there. SEO services are limited and don’t do much. Customer support answers quickly but the follow up is weak.

Response from Spectora

Replied February 2019

Hey Craig, We appreciate the feedback and I'm sorry you've had a bad experience! We've upped the video limits recently to adapt to new OS releases. We're always prioritizing integrations based on requests and these 2 haven't had much! We are definitely the premium option - the feedback and our reviews tell us it's well worth it to attract and retain modern agents and clients. We'd love for you to let us know when you run into issues! We don't hear this from the majority of our users so we're ready and waiting if you can give us details! Most Wordpress sites cost 1-5k, so we're reasonably priced. Sites are sometimes limited by the inspectors content. We lose money on SEO services since we offer so much and charge 1/4 of what agency's charge so let me know what you mean on this one. I checked back on your support conversations and we typically ask questions and don't hear back from you. We'd love to help! Email me and we'll get this solved! Kevin@Spectora.com

Cory from Gant Construction Inc

Excellent software package that has made me a better inspector.

It has been very good.

Pros

Mobile use as an app with back up to the cloud. Editing at desk top post-inspection. Ability to use two devices simultaneously during the inspection.

Cons

Can’t think of any issues right now that tech support can’t handle.

Reasons for Choosing Spectora

Features similar to HHZ, such as mobile use as an app which is also backed up to cloud. And the ability to use two devices simultaneously. And ability to edit at desktop post-inspection.

HomeHubZone was discontinued.

Nathan from Sound Mind Home Inspections

Great for our small business

Pros

We came from a simple PDF software. Love the scheduling features and that we are able to collect payment and get agreements signed easily without having to remind the clients.

Cons

It would be awesome of there was a separate scheduling app for my wife who only needs that part of spectora. Can't complain....still a great product!

Reasons for Choosing Spectora

More people/Inspectors that we know have used and speak highly of spectora

Reasons for Switching to Spectora

They are no longer updating their software

Jamil from Integrity Property Inspections LLC

Game Changer!

My overall experience has been excellent with Spectora. It has been a game changer for my business.

Pros

What I like most about Spectora is the company's willingness and ability to adapt to the industry's needs. The software gives the inspector, the clients, and agents what they want in a report.

Cons

I cannot think of anything in particular that I don't like about the software.

Reasons for Switching to Spectora

The ability to go fully mobile made me switch.

William from Ogletree Inspection Services

Soup to nuts Home Inspection report management suite that checks all the boxes.

Getting up and going with the report writer, transaction manager, and payment manager could not have been easier. The interface is self-explanatory for the most part, and chat support is fast and set up to get you to your answer quickly and efficiently. Chat support team is awesome. Obviously VERY well trained.

Pros

In the report writer, the global search feature is a game changer. No need to navigate to the proper section. Just enter a few words in the search bar and get to the narrative you need quickly.

Cons

Some text fields are smaller than they need to be, making editing within them frustrating at times. Use of gray type as a design feature gets in the way of quick reading and efficiency.

Reasons for Switching to Spectora

HomeGauge bought out HomeHubZone (my original solution), promising to meld it with their product to create a best-of-both-worlds product. I spent over a year on their Beta team, only to be left wondering when this product would be ready. I learned third-hand that HG no longer supported HHZ, and after numerous inquiries was finally able to see the recent Beta version of their "WebWriter". I was very much underwhelmed and decided it was time to take a closer look at Spectora. Very glad I did. There are a few things I miss about HHZ, but so many other great features that make my work easier and add value to my product. Way to numerous to list here. Suffice it to say that Spectora appears to have been built from the ground up with the focus on building the report in the field, with little to no deskwork required.

Lori from Mountains to Sound Home Inspection

Home Inspection Report Software That Sets The Bar!

Overall, we at Mountains to Sound Home Inspection really love using Spectora. The pros far outweigh the cons of what Spectora offers to the home inspection community. Quality, reliability, professional and modern aesthetics-- Spectora doesn't miss a beat.

Pros

Spectora is one of THE most professional looking/operating reporting software systems we have ever worked with. We chose it for those reasons precisely. It is easy to use for our inspectors and equally easy to navigate for our clients/agents. The seamless integration with ISN (Inspector Support Network) is a second reason we chose Spectora over other reporting software systems -- efficient and reliable integration. Lastly, the customer support team at Spectora is zero to none. They are always helpful, cheerful, and work till they get it right.

Cons

The only con that our team can really think of is the pricing, HOWEVER, we understand what it means to offer QUALITY over pricing. In that way, we totally see the BENEFIT and VALUE that Spectora offers and it worth paying just a little more to get a professional interface/system.

Reasons for Choosing Spectora

We chose Spectora for the web-based interface and report summary as well as the professional and modern look of Spectora reports. There wasn't a software out there that had the high level quality we were looking for that could beat Spectora.

Reasons for Switching to Spectora

We switched from a manual reporting style because of two things: the web-based interface and report summary as well as the professional and modern look of Spectora reports. The manual system was clunky, time-consuming, and outdated. Spectora met all of those needs and then some.

Steve from CSI Home Inspections LLC

Highly Recommended

Love them, very helpful, always there to answer questions and fix any issues I have. I love my website and software and it makes it very easy for my customers to pay and view their reports.

Pros

The software is amazing, easy to use, easy to write reports, easy to communicate with customers. Highyl recommended.

Cons

It is a little clunky to use while doing a home inspection simply because of having to go back and forth between screens. I'm not sure much could be done about this. Maybe being able to add pictures to a certain section and then move them later, or take pictures for one report and then sort them later.

Reasons for Choosing Spectora

The minute I saw Spectora I knew it was the one I wanted. I tried a few others but they were not even close to the quality that Spectora provides. Sure there are free or cheaper software out there but I will put my Spectora reports and software up against anyone else's for the Pepsi challenge any time.

Federico from Pillar Home Inspection

Professional software out there

One thing I don’t like is that they don’t do phone calls so everything is over the email

Pros

I like spec Torah because it’s easily customizable you keep everybody in the loop you can send emails and texts you can also customize all your templates so you want them and has a lot of extra other features

Cons

I like Spectora because it’s easily customizable you keep everybody in the loop you can send emails and texts you can also customize all your templates so you want them and has a lot of extra other features

Reasons for Switching to Spectora

Reports look more professional sends out scheduling information sans out the county appraisal information and it’s more professional and has a lot more added features and legal information that helps us stay out of trouble

Karl from K-Squared Inspections

Hands Down Top Reporting Program Avaliable

The biggest benefit is that I do not have to spend hours in the office typing up the reports after inspecting all day out in the field. Allowing me more free time with my wife and kids as well as any other extra things needed for my buyers such as insurance reports, radon tests, etc (ancillary products).

Pros

Basically everything is far superior to any other reporting program on the market.

Cons

Granted the program is one of the most expensive but is worth it. Only con I have is editing annotations on pictures using the mobile app could be easier and user friendly.

Reasons for Switching to Spectora

Instead of taking over my fathers franchise with Pillar to Post this program allowed me to go out on my own and provide top tier reports for my clients. Due to this I was able to transition flawlessly into my own business due to having the best and cleanest reports in the market.

Josh from Land of Sky Home Inspections

Land of Sky Home Inspections Experience

In life and my business, I am sometimes overwhelmed by the details. Spectora has allowed me to easily address the minutiae with all the great features. Whenever I have a question, I can get help with the very responsive live chat.

Pros

Scheduling is one of the features that sets Spectora apart from other software the most. I do not need to rely on any other scheduling or calendar platforms to keep my business life organized. Also, email automation to clients and sub-contractors has made operations far more efficient.

Cons

I will say it has taken a while to learn all the features and there are probably many more that I could learn about and use. I do n't have a basis for comparison, so this is likely true of other software.

Jack from McEvoy Home Inspection

Spectora Software Review

The #1 benefit of this software is the time savings writing and sending reports

Pros

The ability to create my own explanations and comments within the program.

Cons

Startup took longer than expected having to insert comments and set up templates. That being said after 2 or 3 months of changing and adjusting templates to my liking, navigating through the program during inspections is flawless. The template can be adjusted by section or rooms prior to being onsite according to the homes layout.

Reasons for Choosing Spectora

Simplicity of navigating through the software and the Internachi instructional video with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was an excellent tutorial.

Reasons for Switching to Spectora

Ease of importing inspection results and information.

Joseph from Old Puebo Home Inspection

December 2021

Try them all then come back to the best

Pros

I have tried several software platforms before I finally decided on Spectora. Granted they are ot cheap but what yo get for the money ids bar none above the competition. I am so used to my software and template that most houses take me 1.5 to 2 hours to completely finish. The time I save with tis product , to me is worth every penny.

Cons

Everyone once and a blue moon there is an outage with the servers from amazon, I have been with them since the beginning and have had 2 outages effect my work flow.

ingrid from Inspect Detect

Excellent!

great

Pros

Ease of use for my reports and for my agents and clients

Cons

I did not have a great experience with the website designer - she forgot she had to build the site for more than a month, built the wrong site, then took a long time to respond to our requests, then said her kids were sick and took almost 2 weeks to reply to us....over all not a good experience, in fact she was so unprofessional that by the time she finished the site we didnt even want to post it up. we still have our place holder page at our web address. this was the only negative experience i had with Spectora every one else was beyond helpful and great to work with

software was too complicated

Truman from True Property Inspections LLC

Great Software

Great experience.

Pros

I really like the visual appeal. It is easily scannable and attractive.

Cons

My least favorite thing is that I didn't come up with it ;)

Reasons for Switching to Spectora

Spectora has a modern look to it and it is easy to use.

Kyle from North East Florida Superior Inspections

Fantastic and life changing.

Extremely satisfied

Pros

This report writing software gave me my life back and gave me back time with my family that I used to spend writing reports with our old software. The software is intuitive and customizable and my clients love it.

Cons

A lot of clients and Realtors do not bother reading the entire report instead defer straight to the summary section. It would be great if the summary section could be much more customizable to be cleaner and organized.

Reasons for Switching to Spectora

Too many issues. Report writing took too long.

Mark from Wachusett Home Inspection, LLC

The best software for home inspectors

Phenomenal. This software is exactly what home inspection software should be.

Pros

As much as I love the reporting software I think the scheduling component is my favorite. Having online scheduling is absolutely critical to capturing business that might otherwise be lost, and saving me a ton of time on administrative tasks that I really don't want to do.

Cons

I can't think of anything. Seriously, I have no idea.

Reasons for Choosing Spectora

It was better, and the development team was young and accessible.

Reasons for Switching to Spectora

When I started my business I used a template I built in Microsoft word that I published as a pdf. The report was clean, but it took a while to write. My second or third year in business I attended a conference and part of my intention was to compare softwares. Unfortunately Spectora wasn't at that conference and I ended up purchasing home inspector pro. When I got home I was excited to open my new software and write a report. However it looked like Windows 95 when I opened it and I was no longer excited. It was not intuitive. I remembered that Spectora offered a free trial and I decided to give it a go right there and then. A couple hours later I had a completed report that looked awesome and I decided to send it to the client. The difference was like using a rotary phone versus an iPhone. There's no comparison. I returned home inspector pro immediately, signed up for spectora and I have not looked back.

Michael from Dunne Inspection Services

Can't say enough

100% blown away. Best decision ever, couldn't imagine switching to another company.

Pros

Ease of use, customer support, constant advancements and upgrades, innovation in allowing operations to run almost all facets of their business through one platform. Spectora does all of these things remarkably well and never stops improving. They hate sitting still and not advancing the software and companies that use it. They are absolutely amazing on the customer service level. I mean second to none.

Cons

Minor glitches come and go every once in a while, but none are severe enough to cause issues

Reasons for Choosing Spectora

WAAAAAAAYYYYY more advanced than either of the other two in my opinion. With one of the competitors, I felt as if I had to step back into Windows 2000 just to be able to edit templates, while another had a ton of fluff to sort through before getting to the actual act of editing.

Reasons for Switching to Spectora

Terrible report software that I was only using because it was free. Can't believe I used it for as long as I did. I needed something that was next level, could separate us from all others.

Lee from Longstone Inspection

Great software for a honey inspection business

Very happy with Spectora as a team and you will not find better customer service, that is actually available when you need it.

Pros

The reports generated by Spectora look great and are easy for the home buyer and agents to view. The ability to complete a report on-site using a mobile device and send it immediately or with minimal review later is a huge time saver. Being able to have it automatically send communications and integrate with various services also saves time and prevents errors by manually entering data and sending emails.

Cons

For the advanced feature set, there is a bit of a learning curve, but only because it is so powerful.

Reasons for Choosing Spectora

It is more modern and fully mobile for smartphones and tablets.

Reasons for Switching to Spectora

InspectIt did not have any integration with running the business, only generating reports. With the integration Spectora has, I am able to do all I need.

Don from ThoroCheck Home Inspections LL

Industry: Writing and Editing

Home Inspection software

We accept payments through spectora payment processing. It is really great. Most times we have already received payment before we even leave the driveway. In addition, if I have a problem, or need help. Within minutes the support staff is at my beckon call. They say they get back to you within a five minutes. My experience. I have never waited more then 2 to 3 minutes, and someone is there to assist me. I always leave the conversation satisfied with the results. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] are great.

Pros

The videos that are imbedded into the reports are a real asset. Our clients love to see and hear a video when more explanation is needed. The fast reports have had an impact that is unmatched. Before using Spectora, the software we were using was taking us more than 4 hours to inspect a 2000 sf house. Now we average 2.5 hours.

Cons

I really cant say there is anything I dislike about Spectora's soft ware. The only thing I would like better is if I could talk to the support staff directly. I am little old school. And I am a talker. Picking up the phone and reaching a real person would be nice. However, such go's the world. I will say I am getting much better at communicating by chat. Time to catch up with the rest of the planet. lol.

Reasons for Choosing Spectora

When I saw that Spectora had video content within there reports, I was all in. I also was impressed that [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], had presented many videos on YouTube. I could see that this was a company that cared enough to go the extra mile to provide the education, and the training necessary to help their clients get the most out of their products.

Reasons for Switching to Spectora

Their product was cumbersome and clunky. It took way to long to do an inspection, and it was hard to navigate. I love the color coding with spectora. InspectIT's presentation was not as nice.

Nick from Colorado Inspection

Industry: Public Safety

Spectora Inspection Software

Overall this has been a great experience and the customer service has been reliable. When things get to a mess it would be nice to speak with someone on the phone. Instead the chat bubble needs to be used which for some simple tasks is over kill and takes to much time.

Pros

The picture editing feature is the best in the industry. Works good for an application with mobile connection many times I can send a report completely mobile before the next inspection begins. The software is easy to get through and write templates. Good customer service.

Cons

The software crashes multiple times during an inspection. This is extremely frustrating especially when in a compromised environment or bad location. Your already the most expensive software on the market. All your features included advanced should included, not be an additional charge per inspection.

Reasons for Choosing Spectora

Because your a local Colorado company!!

Reasons for Switching to Spectora

Looking for a better overall product and cleaner report. Both of which have happened since making the switch.

Curt from Shipshape Home Inspections llc

Best Business Decision Ive Made

LOVE IT

Pros

Everything lol. Seriously though, when looking into this software I heard the sentence, "Spectora gave me my life back" a few times and thought it was fake, and actors. Thats far from the truth. After joining the FB group I saw the love that all the users had for the software and the how involved the owners were with the users. They truly care for the inspectors opinions and needs, and constantly upgrade the software to this feedback. That blew my mind coming from 3 other softwares. Ive had so many good ideas and no one to listen lol. (I actually found out that spectora already had many of them!) The mobile app is awesome and very easy to use. I would NEVER go back to writing reports at home. Yes it adds maybe 20-30 minutes to the inspection but now I spend about 30 minutes on my laptop cleaning up the report and adding things specific to that house and I am done. I dont know how i used to spend 3+ hours every night grinding away on reports. This is how spectora gives you your life back, for real. Along with automation features. For the business side, I have become WAY more professional. Auto emails are huge, the scheduler helps me so much with keeping track of my upcoming work week. Realtors love the software, especially the repair request builder. There are too many things to list here and ive run out of space. Do it, you wont regret it. Well worth the money, trust me. -Curt-

Cons

Not many, but if i had to list something, the insurance reports, lack of support on weekends and on the east coast.

Jarrett from SPS Inspections

I will likely never use another inspection platform for my company

I do not think I could have a better experience with Spectora, it provides everything I need to not only schedule and keep in contact with my clients, but accept payments for me online and help me write inspection reports with real value. I mean, I guess if one day the team at Spectora just said, hey, you're a cool dude, thanks for using our product, here's all your money back AND you can keep using the platform... Yea... that would make it better... But only just a little.

Pros

After becoming acquainted with the software and system, generating beautiful, high-quality home inspection reports is more efficient and easier than I thought it could be. Not only that, but Spectora also includes scheduling technology and services into their platform as well as payment and agreement signing functionality making Spectora essentially the only software I need to run my entire inspection company, I just love it! The team that put this service together has done a fantastic job keeping up with their explosive growth and responding to customers in a timely manner.

Cons

Personally, I had a difficult time getting acclimatized to the software and all the functionality it provides. Having said that, I also attacked the issue of learning the inspection reporting software head-on without watching any of the many training and functionality videos and articles they have.

DAVID from Integrity Home Evaluation Services

Best Software Backed by Fast Responsive Technical Support

I have used Spectora for about a year and a half now and I couldn't be more pleased. Not only do I use the software, but I also had them design a new website for me and handle SEO. Any time I have had a question about how to do something or why something was happening, I just hit the chat bubble and someone is always just a few minutes (at most) away. Never have I not had an issue resolved.

Pros

The whole system is easy to adjust and modify to suit my needs. The app allows me to edit my template on the fly and my clients love the ease of use.

Cons

I can't think of a single negative except maybe that the software is available to other home inspectors in my area. I wish I could lock them out of being able to use!

Eric from AVHI

Very pleased with Spectora. Whenever there has been an issue or have a question they're very responsive, helpful, and pleasant to deal with. Only having Spectora for approximately 6 or so months it has saved me a lot of time allowing more inspections in my workday/week. The Spectora community is great as well.

Pros

The software is very efficient and saved us a lot of time in the field and at home. The inspection report is typically 95% complete onsite, whereas the other software we spent an additional 2-3 hours most days working on the report from home. The layout of the Spectora App really speeds up the process and is nicely organized and formatted. The global comment feature is a time saver for sure. Placing photos and video into report is simple, fast and conveint.

Cons

It would be nice if the software was able to organize our most used comments to the top within each section. The global search feature negates this request, but sometimes it's easier to be under a section and just click the comments from the observation tab rather than typing keywords from within the comment. Also, I can't say how many times I've created a new comment, hit the back button tab instead of saving and the comment is lost.

Russell from Platinum Plus Inspections

Our Top Choice of All Available Software

Our team at Platinum Plus Inspections unanimously agree that we are excited and greatly benefiting from the well thought out software, which is providing 1) ease of use onsite, 2) better team communication with multi inspectors at one inspection (this is great), 3) 2000% better customer service responses and availability, and 4) 100% positive feedback from Realtors and our clients, 5) saves us time, reducing on-site and post-office work to get the report to the client faster.

Pros

This software was ingeniously designed. Every button and ability is a dream. From taking photos, notating photos and narratives onsite, to reviewing before sending to client, to the client and Realtor's amazing reviews and options they have to view the report, review the summary and create an automated list of corrections they can send to the sellers. I have reviewed EVERY inspection software available. Every software company might offer one thing which is unique or nice. HOWEVER, when it comes to making the choice for the best inspection software, which offers THE BEST options in one software, we concluded Spectora offers us exactly that. Do your homework. But, for us, we did. And, hands-down, Spectora was and is our choice. Spectora is exactly what our industry leading inspection team needed to have. Spectora is industry leading, just like our personnel and clients.

Cons

Having a limit of 3 ratings work. But, I would like to have at least one more rating which I could designate SAFETY. I just saw in SCRIBE's inspection software many many departments of ratings available.

John from Grant Inspection Services

My Spectora Review

My experience has been nothing but fantastic. Being in a service business, i understand what going above and beyond is. There service team is prompt and friendly when answering questions via chat. They really do an exceptional job with there service.

Pros

What I like most is the finished product. The ease of use and the report layout are always a plus when clients are reviewing my business. Spectora has allowed me to continue to separate myself and our company from the norm. We not only use there templates for Home Inspections, 4-Point Inspections and Wind Mitigations but also for Mold Assessments. You can custom design your template for most all uses which is incredibly useful.

Cons

The only thing I wish could be implemented is when filling out information on a Home Inspection that happens to also be on a 4-Point Inspection, it would be awesome if it imported that data. I'm not sure if this is possible in an HTML format as it it in a fillible pdf format.

Jonathan from Home Spec, Inc

An Absolute Game changer for the Home Inspection World

From the time I met [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in Atlantic City to implementation of the software to tech support, I’ve been blown away by how sharp, personable, and caring they have been. I’m sure the rest of the members are similar, but I have so little problems that I don’t interact with the team much.

Pros

After implementing Spectora as our report writing software, we have received nothing but compliments. It has increased our efficiency and we are now offering a same day report delivery or its free. This would not of been possibility without Spectora. It is easy to use and update. It is simple to read and produces fantastic reports, including videos. We were limited from 1 to 2 inspections per day per inspector when we started. We can now do 3 per day easily.

Cons

Integration took some time, but that is true with any software. I can’t think of anything negative about the software.

David from Assurance Home Inspections

Best Business Decision

Awesome! Any issues have been immediately resolved. One less thing for our company to worry about.

Pros

Best business decision for my company. Everything about it is seamless, easy to train new inspectors, easy to modify template, great reports for clients and agents, excellent repair request builder. Bottom line, saves everyone time = significant cost savings.

Cons

My only regret is not switching to spectora sooner. I wish it could replace our need for ISN, but the advanced features are not quite ready yet.

Mike from Magnolia Home Inspection Services, LLC

Spectacular Spectora

We have been able to have one solution for scheduling, reporting, and CRM. We don't use ISN. I'm able to build most of the reports I need manually within 1 hr or less, and I didn't want 2 vendors supporting scheduling. I am very happy with Spectora. I consider them not only the elite, but the best of the elite of home inspection software.

Pros

The software is super easy to use, but the reports are amazing when videos are included. Our realtors love the Repair Request Builder. Customer service is fantastic. They are very prompt to respond. They are also very receptive to suggestions for improvement and have incorporated some of the suggestions we have made.

Cons

Although good, the scheduling functionality is not as good as ISN (this from someone who has not used ISN). My understanding is that Spectora scheduling piece does not scale well to large multi-inspection companies. Spectora is aggressive in making improvements, so this may be a matter of time. I would like to see the CRM expanded to send newsletters and email blasts to clients, clients agents, and/or sellers agents.

Bob from Quality Home Inspections

Spectora, the Great Time Saver!

I couldn't go back to writing reports the way I did before Spectora!

Pros

The software has made writing reports much easier and time efficient! It has cut my time in the office writing reports incredibly! I would say my reports are 99% done in the field. I chose to finish them back at the office on the computer, I double check spelling, narratives and picture placement before I publish any report. If I have a particularly large home to inspect, my partner and I can team up and enter information at the same time and synch the info at the end and it all comes together!

Cons

I would say set up was a little time consuming. Getting the program connected to the various calendars, reading thru and editing the different narratives to better suit the area we service (South Florida). In the beginning there was a little learning curve. Where things were in the report, how to get there. I wouldn't say either was a flaw in the program, it was just a new "tool" I had to learn.

Benjamin from 907 Home Inspections

Clients, REALTORS® and I LOVE it!!!

Spectora solves problems before I have them so that I do not have any issues whatsoever! Pretty sure they've thought of everything! It really is the perfect all-in-one platform for a home inspector. Website, scheduling, payment processing, contact management, mileage tracker, the list goes on. I'm the only inspector in the state that can deliver the report onsite and I owe that to Spectora.

Pros

The software is absolutely phenomenal. I cannot recommend it enough. I love that I can annotate photos in process, add videos (GFCI's not tripping, jetted tubs operating, etc.) all in a super slick package that clients find easy to read, view and use. REALTORS® absolutely love it too. I've been a REALTOR® since 2011 and have been involved with approximately 300 home inspections in that time and I have never seen a report that wows people like Spectora's report does. As a licensed home inspector, I love how easy it is to use and that the saved observational comments serve as reminders so that I do not overlook anything. The website is beautiful and user-friendly, the payment processing is next-day and I'm able to block out my schedule as necessary for family events, travel, etc. so that clients are unable to schedule during those times. It syncs with Google Calendar so I get notifications an hour and a half hour before and it works seamlessly between my iPhone and iPad so that I can modify the report using whichever is most convenient for me. The system emails and texts everyone involved (listing licensee, selling licensee, the client, etc.) so that everyone is aware of when the inspection is to take place and there are no surprises. I get thanked for the reminders weekly! Their customer service goes above and beyond and I have always had a super positive experience. They're responsive and a dream to work with!

Cons

If I could change one thing, it would be that the total number of the various levels of observations would be clickable at the top of the report so that it would collate the corresponding items into one clickable option (aka Health and Life Safety). However, the function is there in the Summary mode, I just wish the totals were clickable. Outside of that one little tweak, the software and website are amazing and I would not change a thing.

Stephen from Inspect-O-Graff, LLC

A Best Inspection Software Ever, Super Time Saver... Rear Game Changer!

21 years ago I was using written reports that were completed on site. When the industry changed and reports needed photos, everything changed… Over the past 15+ years I tried many home inspection report software programs. The program I have used over the last 9 years costed me countless nights and Sundays working on past due reports. My least favorite part of being a home inspector used to be the hours spent report writing. That all changed when I found Spectora. I now have nights and weekend to do something else (other than reports). This program is simply amazing. So many pre-made templates are available. Templates range from multiple home inspections report styles, 4 points, termite reports, wind mitigation, new construction, commercial etc etc Initially I was worried about the learning curve, but that too was a breeze. All the feed back from our customers and agents has been very positive. The customer support is one of a kind as the team at Spectora are always very quick to respond and solve any concerns or problems. To make things even better this software is much cheaper and does more than the my prior programs. My only regret is I didn’t find this software sooner to get my life back. If there was a higher rating, this home inspection software and company would surely get it from me. This software has been a real game changer! Thank you very much Spectora Team… you are simply the BEST!!

Pros

There is so much to love this list just keeps growing. Best customer service. Reports are amazing, very easy to learn as use. Cuts report time way way down from other report software. Cost is very economical and fair.

Cons

I waited to give a review because I was expecting something but on the second half of the first year of using this program I have had any concerns addressed in a timely manner.

Erik from ROUND TUIT Home Inspection

The Most Amazing Home Inspector Software & Application On The Market!

The time-saving of Spectora's integrations has been a life-saver. The inspection entry is easy & upon "saving" the inspection, simultaneously, the client, their agent & the listing agent receive confirmations, the client receives a copy of the agreement for "click-to-accept" & a secure server link for payment AND my Google calendar is updated with the timeslot including all pertinent data! The completion of the report is seamless & once published, again, all emails & text messages go out to the appropriate parties. Agents love the reports & the flexibility they have within the reports to highlight issues & forward to other parties without having to copy & paste. My only regret is that I was hesitant to switch (getting out of a comfort zone). There was zero learning curve!

Pros

This software has unbelievable ease-of-use. The integrations are amazing - so much so that if I am unable to accept an incoming call, a client is able to follow the link on my website to schedule their own inspection & it ties in with my availability! (This happened three times within the last 24 hours!). The professionalism and quick response from support & the development team of Spectora is unmatched. I continue to be amazed at every turn.

Cons

I have fully expected to find a con,... This is not an easy industry to be developing software & applications that are actually field-appropriate. In over 6 months of use, over 150 inspections during that time, I have yet to experience any issues!

Aaron from Tri County Home Inspection Wisconsin

Best Home Inspection Software On The Market

Our overall experience could not be better. I would highly recommend Spectora to any home inspector looking for a cutting-edge software that will enhance their inspections and save them time on the backend

Pros

We were using AHIT software and soon realized how flawed the software was for our reporting. We sampled Horizon, Home Hub Zone, and Inspector Pro. The Horizon system was a no go from the start and they refunded us. Home Inspector Pro has horrible customer service. We couldn’t get help getting our templates setup. We even approached them at a conference and they were of no assistance. We took a loss on several Home Inspection Pro licenses. When we tried Spectora we were blown away. Incredibly easy to implement and the customer service couldn’t have been better. I think if we left Spectora or Inspector’s would probably quit. Instead of spending hours at the end of the day working on reports, were able to publish them onsite saving me hundreds of hours over the year. It’s possible the other software companies have advanced since we tried them. However I doubt they have kept pace with Spectora’s updates which come out weekly. Keep up the GREAT work!!!!

Cons

When Spectora first started there were minimal features for accounting like seen in ISN. Over the years they have made great strides in building out these features and are very close to shadowing ISN.

Lee from Anchor Home Inspections

Super Satisfied

My overall experience with Spectora has been great. My time to complete reports has dropped drastically, allowing me to be have free nights and weekends. The ease of report writing and the templates are a godsend to me. Most of the time my reports are done onsite, and I just have to review and publish when I get back to the office. I have not yet ventured into publishing straight from the app onsite, although it is an option I may use from time to time.

Pros

The most important feature for my clients is the summary. I have had so many compliments on the ease and use ability of the report summary. My clients are satisfied, and that makes me satisfied

Cons

I don’t like the app being less user friendly than the online version. I use the app to write the report offline; then go back and have to correct, review, and publish it from the online site in order to have all of my changes saved onto the PDF TREC 7-5 form. The app doesn’t always update saved changes to the PDF and there is not a way to force the PDF to update except in the online version.

Reasons for Choosing Spectora

I choose Spectora because it looks great. It is easy to use, it is intuitive to the inspection process, and the staff are always so friendly and fast.

Reasons for Switching to Spectora

I wanted a cloud based report writing software that was more user friendly and up to date with how my buyers want to view their reports.

James from Property Pros Home Inspections

It's not perfect, but what it does do it's great!

Pros

Spectora has become one of the best tools my company relies on to stay on top of our inspections and to get a clean, well put together report out in s timely fashion. It is easy to use adding and subtracting things from the program is an ease. I tried a few different inspection software before settling on Spectora and view it as a valuable asset to my company.

Cons

Things I dislike about Spectora and hope to have addressed in the future: 1. Integrate calendars to include outlook and ones associated with iOS services. I am not aware that this is available to update outlook or my phone calendar. 2. Making it easier to import a previous report into a new report for those inspections that the client asks us to follow-up on repairs made. 3. The option to take multiple pictures at one time without having the edit menu come up after ever picture. Those would be my 3 main things to focus on for taking Spectora to the next level.

Brad from Check-Mate Inspections, LLC

Customer Service is Unreal!

Spectora as a team is unmatched. Period. Before I choose to go with Spectora I reached out to them with a question and received a reply the same day. We then set up a phone call for Christmas Eve to talk through my questions. From the website build to the launch they answered every question I threw at them and were willing to help out in any way they can. They helped me set up GSuite and then switched the domain for me when I changed my mind on which to use (they were able to make this change, I think, because it had been only a day since the initial set up) but the fact that they were willing to try spoke volumes! Bottom line, I have high standards for customer service - these guys blew those standards out of the water! I cannot say enough good things about them. The inspection software is strong, the app is strong, their websites are awesome, and their team of service minded individuals leaves everyone else in the dust. Don’t take it from me, call them!

Pros

The software system itself does a lot. It’s a full service inspection software and CRM in one. I considered options such as Tap Inspect and others but they didn’t have all the tools Spectora does. I would’ve ended up paying more and using two separate companies to do everything that Spectora can do as one organization.

Cons

The software can be manipulated in the app but it’s not as easy or intuitive as TapInspect. However, Tap doesn’t offer as many manipulations as Spectora. The trade off is this - do you want something you can easily easily alter in the field or do you want something that serves ALL of your needs. With Spectora you can manipulate your report in the field but the easiest way to do it is from the computer. I prefer the one that allows more features. Don’t get me wrong, their app is awesome and allows me to complete the report port in the field very easily. It’s the altering (adding or removing) of the template I am referring to.

Brent from Gold Shield Inspections

Spectora eclipses it's competition

From day one using this software our inspection times have decreased by 20%. This is due to the ability for us to work in teams seamlessly. We use to inspectors on each home or business and both can write report on items during the inspection without issues. If you take the time to set up your custom inspection it takes much less time to go through a property correctly.

Pros

When we first looked into spectora I had my reservations about switching to a new software. After spending several months really digging into the program and how it can be set up and used we were ecstatic to use it.

Cons

There are a few items that I would greatly like to see added however they are not on the docket as of yet. All the other benefits by far outweigh the couple negatives.

Darrin from Card Inspection Services

Best Option Out There- Always Improving

Love this company and the software! So many features!

Pros

Spectora offers a full package software for home inspectors. From scheduling, to automated responses, to a reporting software that can easily be deployed and used while on-site and seamlessly transition to the desktop version. Tech support is great, defiantly take advantage of their help while setting up your software.

Cons

The price is high but I don't know if I would label it a Con. Still affordable ever for a part time inspector the price reflects the features and quality of software you are getting. There is always things that can be added to the software and Spectora is great at listening to its users and constantly implementing ideas.

Diego from Properties Analytics Building Inspections

THE Best above all

Spectora allows me to publish on site without making my clients or agents wait long hours. By the time I have completed the inspection it's all done and nothing to do later. This is what I wanted and what I was looking for. No other inspection software was able to meet my expectations and I did tried a bunch of them for months each before I found Spectora.

Pros

Spectora has been the best business decision I have made in decades. Years ago I was looking for a dependable software, mobile ready with no issues at all, able to publish on site, off the charts best customer service. After talking via email with one of the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] I decided to jump in and haven't regretted. This company has the best customer service in the industry, the best technology and they're very client focused.

Cons

The software is awesome. But the least I don't like is NOTHING!! It's all good and way above the competition.

John from Bee Sure Home Inspection Services

The Renaissance of Inspection Software

Nothing short of amazing. I was reluctant at first, thinking this was just way too radical of a change. Worried about feedback from agents and customers. Within the first two weeks, I flushed those concerns down the drain. Nothing but positive feedback. I was so happy with the software that I decided to give them a try for building a new website. This experience was over the top, with the representatives constantly communicating through the entire process. The site looks wonderful and I am anxious to see where the future leads with everything Spectora!

Pros

Easy to set up and begin using it right out of the box. Templates are available to fit your basic needs and then you can easily build upon them to customize your reporting. So simple to use compared to other inspection software systems, the learning curve is very short. Customer Service is also a high point, with help being available almost instantly. The team at Spectora goes out of their way to help their customers which is a huge selling point. Did I mention the reports look great? Did I mention they look nothing like any other software generated report in the industry? How about a few clicks from the agent and they can generate a repair request for negotiations which includes pricing? Seriously the new features that keep rolling out every month on Spectora are incredible! I do not think the folks at Spectora ever sleep.

Cons

Cost. It is not cheap. However, it is the Cadillac so I expect it will not be cheap. Matter of fact, I am not a cheap inspector, so why would I use cheap software? Though pricey, it has been worth its weight in gold. You get what you pay for. A great product and fantastic support come with a cost.

Cornelius from Kane Home Inspection Services LLC

Spectora has been a game changer

Spectora has been one of the best business decisions I've made.

Pros

The Spectora software system has been an absolute game changer for me and my business. Not only with the software and its use for reporting and documenting on scene, but for its post report review and editing prior to publishing. The team they've developed to handle any problems that arise in the field or while generating the report have been absolutely fabulous. With that confidence in their group I also had them develop my website. Thank you Spectora and the Spectora Team.

Cons

I would like to see the ability to move from section to section in the field to be evaluated. My outside work in the field prior to entering the residence consists of bouncing around the template from various sections i.e. roof, exterior, foundation, electrical, plumbing, heating and air, etc.

Reasons for Choosing Spectora

The overall professional look of the finished report along with the ease of use for my clients.

Adam from KC Property Experts -home inspections

Best Software and Team In The Industry

Set up was easy. Staff is amazing. Clients love the reports. I just can’t say enough good things.

Pros

Ease and customization! I do several different types of inspections and now I have custom templates for every service I offer. The team is amazing if issues arise.

Cons

Just waiting for some of the great features they’ve added. I’m a little impatient sometimes wanting new things.

Kevin from Pinnacle Home Inspections

Amazing From Software to Support

Spectora has helped my productivity, freed up my after hours, streamlined my whole process. By far, the best decision I have made.

Pros

Everything about it is amazing. A client can book online, the app is exceptional, the ability to publish an inspection onsite saves a lot of time. Most important aspect of the software are the people behind it. They are available at a moment's notice to help with any troubleshooting or issues. Typically within a minute or two, they are there with answers. The customer service, software and back office features are well worth the price. They have made me look amazing in this industry. My company stands out because of the modern reports and the ability to book an inspection online.

Cons

It needs a backup or standalone feature in case the system goes down. There has been one glitch in the past year that shut everyone down for a weekend but it was corrected.

Rocky from Legacy Home Inspections

Excellent Software and Support

If I could give customer service more stars, I would. I don't often have questions, but when I do, the response time is quick and the service is great. You guys rock!

Pros

I like the ease of use for myself, and the viewable formats and ease of use for my customers.

Cons

You'll have to get back to me...I like everything about it at the moment. If I find something I don't like, its normally being addressed already in the Beta or in the que for being addressed. I love how Spectora wants to grow with its clients.

Damian from Haven Home Inspections, LLC

A Real Home Inspectors Unvarnished Opinion

Overall it's a thoughtfully layed out program with great functionality and few if any issues that rise above a difference in preference from user to user regarding lay out or extra functions. Anytime I've ever had a question I've used the chat bubble and a real person has always answered me within minutes... Every rep has been very pleasant and very helpful.

Pros

The layout. The ease of use. The consistent availability (no server outages or downtime). The fact that it manages almost every aspect of the inspection process, including scheduling and billing. Clients love how professional it makes everything look. Constant and active attention to its development by Spectora staff.

Cons

I have zero complaints and the fellow inspectors that I know all generally tend to agree.

Lonnie from Above All Else Home Inspections, LLC

State of the art software

Previously it was a time consuming to do multiple tasks via different methods to schedule an inspection, so the ability to do pretty much do everything from one access point is a stellar business advantage. I am looking forward to growing in my skills with using Spectora to become fully mobile. In general, I have had a positive experience in using Spectora.

Pros

I like the ability to edit templates with ease, copy from one template to another, and copy a section(s) within a report to another section of the report. All done with relative ease. I like the scroll down layout in reporting. The overall scheduler and inspection details on front end as well as invoice system, sending of inspection agreement as well as automatic generation of emails and many other features are huge time savers. The tracking system and database features are critical in having information stored and easily accessible. Most importantly, even though I have always produced well written and thorough narrative reports, the software is allowing me to go from good reports to great reports, because I am saving time and reinvesting that time to producing ever higher quality, detailed reports.

Cons

The software is probably the most expensive software on the market; however, I believe ultimately you get what you pay for. I tell this very same thing to potential clients who are looking for the least costly Inspector. Hence, I best not be the pot calling the kettle black. On occasion, I have some technical issues with the software, but customer support is always quick to pounce on issues especially if it's an anomaly or possible bug on their end. My only concern at this juncture with the software is that they have many inspectors that want many different changes. In my opinion, this could lead to additional development issues or bugs as they keep playing with the software while perhaps the software doesn't have other issues resolved.