All Acuity Scheduling Reviews

Shade

E-Learning, 2 - 10 employees

Used unspecified

Reviewed January 2024

Streamline Your Appointments With Acuity.

Cory

Management Consulting, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2022

Acuity Scheduling is my best pal

Overall, I love Acuity Scheduling, it's my right hand in this business I'm running by myself. It takes a huge load off of my plate. Once things are set up - which can be as easy or a grueling as you want to make it - it's just a seamless part of my life and business.

PROS

I love the customizability of the software, I can integrate it with many programs, and I can make things super simple for my clients.

CONS

I've had several times where I've had to go delete a whole series of appointments and there's no easy option to delete an entire section of appointments. For instance I had a series of webinars that were Group Appointments with several dates each. I decided to discontinue that program in lieu of a new direction and initiative for the company. I had to manually delete each one, typing DELETE each time. If I could delete an entire "category" of appointments, this would be much better.

Reason for choosing Acuity Scheduling

Acuity Scheduling was already available and easily integrated into my Squarespace website. This was good because I decided that I didn't want to create a website from scratch, rather I would use a "drag and drop" system with some customizability. It just so happened that Squarespace met my needs there, AND as a vital part of their services, they already had a scheduling application that I would receive a DISCOUNT on if I bought into their services. Squarespace, and of course Acuity Scheduling, were a "no-brainer" decision for me and my solo consulting business.

Nitin

Information Technology and Services, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed March 2022

Basic cloud based appointment scheduling app

I am not in love of this app but it definitely worth trying as it has features that will help for scheduling and get reminders of payments at low price but not lowest.

PROS

I loved the ease of use and integration with goigle calender that helps me sync my Google appointments with Acuity scheduling app. Secondly, I can book and send branded reminders to my co workers and clients. Lastly, its most useful feature that I use specially for clients who forget to pay on time. Its payment acceptance feature that enable me to accept payment from stripe and paypal.

CONS

Need to learn css to customize the branding for appointments Searching for previous appointments is cumbersome and exhaust lots of time to figuring out.

Reason for choosing Acuity Scheduling

Custimizing appointment as per yoyr branding is only thing that made me choose Acuity over other alternatives and also low pricing.

Reasons for switching to Acuity Scheduling

Calendly made me switch as it not much organised in terms of multiple appointments scheduled between a small time intervals. Even I couldn't add my vranding to appointment mails in calendly.

Reviewed February 2024

Worst experience ever. Do

Worst experience we could have possibly had. We use acuity for our photography studio and had been running smoothly for 12 months. Then out of the blue we noticed we had been logged out of the platform and we couldn’t log back in. Lo and behold our account had been completely wiped. We had no access to bookings, client details nor could we receive new bookings. Support were woeful and we have been going round in circles trying to regain access. This was no fault of our own, a complete mystery yet they don’t seem to understand that we are quite literally losing thousands of dollars in business from this!!! It’s infuriating- oh and every support message is from a different person and they are so slow to respond even though they state they have support 24hrs! There’s no end in sight to this. An awful experience

PROS

Nothing. We’ve had the most stressful, upsetting experience.

CONS

How after 12 months our account just randomly, with no explanation or reason was wiped. We lost everything. All of our bookings, client data, ability to make new bookings. Thousands of dollars was lost and it was a truly infuriating experience. Support is advertised as 24 hours but I can tell you it’s not!! Takes around 12 hours to get an email reply and this is the only way to contact them. Awful awful awful

Ervin

Music, 2-10 employees

Actual Acuity

PROS

My company is fairly new using the application. The application is perfect for creating a tour itinerary for touring. It enables me too create different schedules distinctly for each individual artist.

CONS

I haven't ran across any of the bugs yet. I will let you know.

Melanie

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Standard of Excellence Within The Online Consulting World

If there is something I want to create within my services or ask during my client's scheduling process, I love that I can customize that within Acuity. The service truly offers everything you can think of to customize each step of the scheduling journey.

PROS

It's an all-in-one platform to show your calendar, allow booking, and take payments. Acuity really shines in its paid plans because then you can easily integrate features. It streamlines the booking process and saves time on your end. The Free plan can be effective if you have some alternative options for taking payments outside of the Acuity platform.

CONS

All of the integrations such as: sending reminder emails, accepting payment methods, syncing to your personal calendar, etc are all paid only features. The Free plan is okay to start but quite limited. The lowest-priced paid plan feels like too big of a step up for business owners who are setting up their business but not yet bringing in reliable income.

Reason for choosing Acuity Scheduling

I like that Acuity is the standard within the industry of consultation services. I've booked with other astrologers, tarot readers, business consultants, and most everyone uses Acuity. It is a platform I was familiar with seeing and, therefore, I bet my clients will also have an easier time navigating the service, too.

Matthew

Accounting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Great Scheduler

PROS

Having multiple users calendars linked to allow clients to book with anyone and see everything at once. Ability to integrate the scheduling on our website.

CONS

I wish the weekly display for multiple users at once was better like the daily view.

Reasons for switching to Acuity Scheduling

Bookedin got too expensive for us, acuity was a good switch, it's just as good but cheaper.

Amanda

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed October 2023

Ease of use for simple bookingsbt

PROS

I like how user friendly it is for someone like me that doesn't like overly complicated bookings. I like that it easily allows me to schedule time/breaks in between appointments, so that I don't have to manually take it into consideration. It integrates breaks automatically for me.

CONS

I wish that I can make multiple calendars more easily.

Reason for choosing Acuity Scheduling

Because we were able to customize the emails that go out to confirm appointments and remind students. It also more easily embedded into our website

Reasons for switching to Acuity Scheduling

It was a cheaper price for more features

Shana

Financial Services, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2023

Acuity is a convenient and easy to use online scheduling tool

Overall I have had a very positive experie ce using acuity.

PROS

What I liked most about Acuity is how sime it is to use from the user end. People have no trouble scheduling appointments at all with me.

CONS

I rhink it ciuld be a little more visually exciting, however thats not anywhere near as improtant to me as functionality.

Reasons for switching to Acuity Scheduling

I wanted to see if there was an easier product to use so I tried accuity.

Ali

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2023

Acuity Saves the Day

I am excited to refer Acuity Scheduling to more clients!

PROS

Acuity allows easy 2-way calendar syncing to multiple calendars including Office 365. This was a client requirement and most other competitive platforms only provided 1-Way Sync to Office 365. Setting up Acuity is easy and super customizable!

CONS

Honestly, after playing around with other platforms, Acuity was EASY! Because I wanted to create opportunities for renters to select multiple time frames for their check-out, I had to duplicate a lot of appointment types, but honestly, not a deterrent in any way.

Reason for choosing Acuity Scheduling

Acuity had the right features we needed: 2 Way Calendar Sync for multiple Office 365 calendars, Checkout but opportunity to invoice, email capabilities, flexibility with hours selection, and more!The other platforms were more expensive and did not have as robust of features.

Dan

Consumer Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Excellent, streamlined design

Overall, very happy with Acuity Scheduling.

PROS

Acuity is easy to setup and implement. It has a clean design on mobile and customers like the reminder for bookings.

CONS

Not a whole lot. It simply lacked a few unique features that I need.

Reason for choosing Acuity Scheduling

Cost effectiveness. And it was a clean design.

Reviewed June 2019

Perfect for automations

1. Overall it is a perfect service. We love it because it has integration with Zapier. We have a Google spreadsheet where we keep all the appointment and see all the statistics. So integration with Zapier saves us so much time. 2. I am not sure yet (not fully tested), but looks like Acuity does not remove guests from Google Calendar events. So if I need to share an appointment through Google Calendar, a guest will not be removed with every sync. Not sure if it designed like that, but please, do not remove this feature. Or maybe even improve it (adding guests to Google Event through Acuity?) :)

PROS

Zapier and Squarespace integrations. Simplicity.

CONS

1.Address field works, but a bit unusual. It does not show address in a regular format. For example: If you need :1229 Wisconsin Ave NW, Washington, DC 20007 You will get: 1229 Wisconsin Avenue Northwest, Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America Not sure if it is limited by Google. 2. Email design is very simple. It is not the most important part, but still. Looking forward to see shared design with Squarespace.

Reason for choosing Acuity Scheduling

Zapier integration. Price per calendar. It was important for us initially, but changed the plans.

Zapier integration

Jess

Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2019

New Company Needing Reliable Software

So far the experience has been good. There is a lot of functionality and options - users have a lot of control over many details. Some of the scheduling sessions or setting up options (like the Terms and Conditions forms for booking) are not clear - more instructions should be visible on the page - but you can figure it out if you have time for trial and error.

PROS

-The client facing side is much more attractive than other scheduling options -so easy to customize what the clients see, it's very clean and simple -3rd party application integration gives many options for growing your business -the tiered account options, so we can maybe save money in the first few years

CONS

-sessions were a little bit confusing to set up, but it might just be our style of scheduling -Once you set up sessions, when you go to review them is not ideal : We are a company with recurring sessions every day of the week, and the sessions become a long list - other scheduling apps tried allowed the sessions to be viewed in a chart, making it easier to check and adjust -clients being unable to book more than one person easily - I don't think all of them will understand that they need to 'Add A Time' until they have the correct number of time slots chosen

Reason for choosing Acuity Scheduling

It filled the top requirements that our boss wanted. - easy to view calendar - automatic and customizable email confirmation - calendar integration - Instagram button - Square integration - great options for a good price

Reasons for switching to Acuity Scheduling

Appointy's payment processing rarely worked on our client side and when we asked for help, we got repetitive answers with no solutions. The automatic emails also kept getting sent out in Javascript instead of a readable email. If client's opted out of paying their deposits, Appointy would still block off the time slot - which would fill out calendar with empty appointments.

Maggie

Reviewed January 2020

Easy to use for business and customers

Acuity is perfect for organising my 1-2-2 personal training sessions. It enables time to be blocked off before and/or after a session as well as multiple calendars which I can use for mobile and studio thereby having different booking settings for each. The reminder emails and text messages mean that customers are much more likely to let me know if they’re not attending and overall prevent any issues with people not turning up for their session. The customer service is excellent.

PROS

Quick and easy to add a booking from the business end as well as customer end. The pricing tiers enable one to choose the best option meaning there’s no paying out for features that aren’t required. I particularly like the fact it sends out a reminder text message to customers which you can customise as you when you want them to receive it. I also like the way I’m able to add the number of rooms available in my facility and it will automatically ensure that these are not overbooked no matter how many coaches I have on the system. For what it offers it is an excellent price.

CONS

I would prefer to use GoCardless as a payment processor and, as this is not an option, I use a different software for payments. The class booking could be better; again, I use a different system for this as I want to be able to add limits on to how far in advance a customer can book into a class and I want the class to show in my iCal regardless of whether someone is booked in or not, which at present it doesn’t.

Reasons for switching to Acuity Scheduling

Mindbody was far too expensive for what I needed plus it wasn’t possible to set travel time between sessions (mobile) without creating longer session times which were visible to the customer.

Kristina

Reviewed December 2020

An Industry Leader for a Reason!

PROS

The navigation and naming are intuitive, plus every step or field has an accompanying explanation so I can be sure I am using it properly! This means I was able to walk myself through Acuity without pressure or time waste of needing to consume a bunch of FAQs or webinars. The doing and learning happen simultaneously! Yet, there is also great support should I still have questions. I also love that the features are built for real life. For example, being able to block off the hours and days you want to work, blocking off time before and after appointments so you are not rushed back-to-back, and having the private appointment type option for inviting clients to book after I’ve established a relationship, rather than having a free-for-all available on my website. I also love that pre-meeting questionnaires and action items can be added for clients to create workflows. I love that they have a test client built in by default! Acuity has really thought of everything. Finally, both the app and browser versions are excellent! Thank you for having a great app, Acuity!

CONS

I didn’t see a clear place to find all available integrations. Yet, I really don’t have any true cons.

Reason for choosing Acuity Scheduling

Recommended by successful peers + proven value and customer support through free trials. I also appreciated the free extensions for the trial when I hadn’t had time to dabble yet. This again showed that Acuity understands people and was committed to providing a valuable customer experience.

Reasons for switching to Acuity Scheduling

Acuity has more integrations with other software I am already using (e.g. Kajabi) and, probably most importantly, Acuity came recommended by successful business owners in my field. Then I used the free trial to get acquainted and Acuity had such a clean interface and easy-to-use system. The value is clear. I want to have administrative stability, simplicity and effectiveness in my business. Acuity offers that.

Elena

E-Learning, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2021

I can run my coaching business on it

Overall, I love Acuity and I think the added features, such as products, recurring payments (memberships) and packages are great. I also love their layout, and I recommend it to each of my clients. Once they set it up, they save hours every week because they don't need to schedule or reschedule manually.

PROS

As a coach, I used to spend a lot of time booking appointments, sending manual reminders and followups. This software changed everything. I set up my availability and the frequency of sessions and then let people book their own appointments. There are group sessions available as well and you can even create and upsell different sessions and products. It's pretty easy to use, and I recommend it to all teachers I work with since it saves them so much time.

CONS

One of the things I'd like for them to change is how they track my availability. For instance, I set my availability as 2 sessions per day, several days a week. The software counts only private sessions as "sessions," and if I have a 2-hour group training (for instance), it doesn't pay attention to it and allows booking anyway, which is frustrating because I want the group sessions to count towards my daily availability and don't want people to book 2 private sessions and then having to do a group session. I've written to them about it twice and they said they would work on it. The temporary solution is to mark myself "unavailable" on the days when I do a group training, which isn't the most convenient thing. Another thing is their affiliate program is now not working in the State where I am. This is disappointing because I always refer my clients to use Acuity and I used to get nice coffee money from it. Now I don't.

Reason for choosing Acuity Scheduling

Before they became a Squarespace company, I fell in love with their story. The company felt more personable and had a character, unlike others. I enjoyed reading personal stories by the guy who started the company, and I loved their sense of humor that came through the copy. Right now it doesn't feel that way because they have been bought by Squarespace, but I hope they can still hire amazing copywriters that can keep that vibe.

Jennily

Cosmetics, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2022

Great software to use especially for new businesses

My overall experience with Acuity has been nothing short of amazing. The software is easy to use. I still can’t find anything better then Acuity to handle my appointments.

PROS

Acuity has many many features that I enjoy using. My booking site can be customized the way I like which opens me up to being creative, the layout is not confusing to my clients, everything is clear to understand, adding services and add-ons are a breeze, I love the coupon code feature that they offer, I use it all the time.

CONS

The only thing I would like acuity to update is allowing my client to book two services at once on the same day. It’s a bit of a hassle having to creat add-ons for services that are already listed. Other then that it’s great.

Reason for choosing Acuity Scheduling

Acuity offered the best features at a great price for my business.

Reasons for switching to Acuity Scheduling

Acuity offered better options and is much easier to navigate.

Kacey

Real Estate, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2022

Is it worth it?

Squarespace is a professional and user-friendly website-building platform that offers a range of features for creating and managing a website. The templates provided are modern and visually appealing, and the platform allows for a high degree of customization to meet the specific needs of each user.In addition to providing design and customization options, Squarespace also offers a variety of tools for managing a blog, online store, and booking system, making it a comprehensive solution for website management.The customer support team at Squarespace is responsive and helpful, able to assist with any questions or issues that may arise.Overall, Squarespace is an excellent choice for anyone creating a professional website with minimal technical expertise.

PROS

Easy to use: Squarespace has a user-friendly interface, making it easy for people with little to no technical skills to create a professional-looking website.Wide range of templates: Squarespace offers a wide range of templates that can be customized to fit your brand.Responsive design: Squarespace templates are designed to be responsive, meaning they automatically adjust to look good on any device, including smartphones and tablets.E-commerce capabilities: Squarespace offers built-in e-commerce capabilities, allowing you to easily sell products or services on your website.Good customer support: Squarespace provides 24/7 customer support through live chat, email, and phone.

CONS

Limited customization: While Squarespace templates are customizable to a certain extent, you may not have as much control over the design and layout of your website as you would with other platforms.Expensive: Squarespace plans can be more expensive than some other website builders, especially if you need to upgrade to a higher-tier plan to unlock certain features.Limited integrations: Squarespace has limited integrations with third-party tools and services, which may be a problem for some users.It's worth noting that Squarespace may not be the best choice for everyone. It's a good idea to carefully consider your needs and compare different website builders before making a decision.

Reasons for switching to Acuity Scheduling

There are over 110+ responsive templates available to choose from, suitable for any purpose. All plans come with a free SSL certificate to ensure the security of your website. Unlimited storage and bandwidth allow for the smooth operation of your website, regardless of the volume of traffic or data usage. The eCommerce platform is robust and reliable, making it easy to sell products online. The platform as a whole is user-friendly and easy to navigate.

Christopher