All monday.com Reviews

Monday.com User Review

Jakub Aleksander

Real Estate, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2024

Comparing to free alternatives this software isn't the best.

PROS

Ability to organise tasks according to priority and have other team members involved.

CONS

Not user-friendly. It did not work well on ios, things did not display as they should do.

Maxwell Kwadwo

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Monday.com redefined and streamlined our organizational task management.

Monday.com is an excellent management tool that redefines the modern business operations of organizations. It has helped us remove all bottlenecks associated with task output by our staff and now we are achieving over 90% routine task completion

PROS

Monday.com's rule-based task automation and its modern UI which makes it easy to customize the dashboard interface, convinced us to choose it.

CONS

Although we have received a non-profit discount that gives us 10 free licenses, adding more team members to it seems to be pricy.

Reason for choosing monday.com

We weighed the two based on their available features and how they could support our project needs. Monday.com stood tall with all the features that we needed.

Reasons for switching to monday.com

The high subscription cost made us switch from Asana to Monday.com. Monday.com offered us a non-profit discount with 10 free licenses.

Transformative Working Platform

Monday has been a fantastic platform. We transformed our company to a cloud-based, automated operation in the last year and Monday has been the center-point of the transformation. Our entire team has embraced the platform and people of all technical abilities are able to use and learn the platform with ease.

PROS

Monday has changed the way our company operates for the better. We have removed 30,000+ manual tasks a month and created powerful workflows that are allowing us to scale internationally and maintain a smaller office staff who has more work/life balance than ever before.

CONS

There are small nuances to Monday that I hope are improved in the coming years. The only other thing that is frustrating is that AirTable seems to have better integrations and allow for more to happen with the data than Monday (mainly the ability to sync data with client-facing portals, which would be a huge win for our operations.

Jack

Wholesale, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Fantastic base platform with expanding feature set

I've always loved Monday and continue to be impressed with the features added as the years go on.

PROS

Monday has been a part of our organisation for years now. The team have been relentless in adding features and expanding its capabilities. At the core Monday does exactly as it describes, and allows the user to effectively manage tasks. However if you have the patience and creativity it can be moulded to just about any purpose required for your own personal needs

CONS

The only downside are the quirks of the platform that set it apart from something like a spreadsheet. Limited lookup functionality and complex nesting / rollup options become limiting factors in creating complex workflows as you expand your usage with the platform.

Lisa

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Getting used to it!

Although I had some reservations at first, changing our task management software to Monday.com has proven to be beneficial to my small business. When we first transitioned to the new software, I was a bit overwhelmed by all of the options suddenly available! It took me some time to customize the system to best meet our needs but, after 6 months, its working quite well. Pleased, would recommend!

PROS

I really like the task management features. It offers a variety of options for tracking workflow, time, and expense. Weve been using Monday.com for over 6 months now and im still discovering features!

CONS

The interface is a bit cluttered and takes some getting used to the rather odd and non-intuitive layout. Overwhelming implementation with little support.

Davide

Consumer Goods, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2024

A quiet good software for project management

PROS

I tried Monday for a while. The software is good but i decide to prefer Asana, that is quiet simpler for me. About Monday I liked very much the UX.

CONS

It's was a little bit difficoult for me to set up all the functions.

cid

Legal Services, 51-200 employees

One-stop shop tool

PROS

The menus and tools were intuitively designed, making them effortless to navigate and locate. This tool's simplicity doesn't compromise its versatility; it's easily customizable to suit individual preferences for enhanced functionality. Adding leads

CONS

One con I'd highlight based on my experience is the learning curve. Once you've mastered the tool and its functions, work becomes significantly easier. However, during the learning phase, there's a notable learning curve to navigate

Reviewed March 2024

Makes it easy to track tasks, deadlines and time spent on each task

PROS

I like the amount of plugins you can use in monday.com. There are several free to use plugins, that would help to make your boards better.

CONS

There is no feature for a status to move to a different status based on time or date. Currently statuses should be manually moved by people, which is good. But sometimes it is nice to have statuses that automatically reset to PAUSE status or something like that at a given time.

Lindsey Raye

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Great Platform for Multiple Departments to Connect

PROS

The amount of ability to use Monday.com for all content and creative content

CONS

A lot of options to choose from that needs to be little more mainstream

Sandeep

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Easy & flexible tool for project Management

PROS

Easy & flexible tool for project management

CONS

Nothing as of now, UI is a bit bad and old-shaped

Karen

Construction, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed November 2020

Great Software, Easy To Use & Great Value for Money

Overall, Monday is a great tool to manage workload, projects, and keep people working together in a collaborative space. I would highly recommend this product to others if they are looking for an inexpensive, easy to use tool that is easy to implement. However, just beware, you will need to have an idea of how you want to use this tool otherwise the features may be too plentiful and not explained well enough to help out a user who is just looking for ideas.

PROS

Monday is a tool that my team uses daily to manage our workload. We're a Lean culture and use pull plans to tackle many large scale projects. Monday works really well for not only putting these pull plans together, but allowing for external users to view the workspace without having to purchase a license as well as enabling a dashboard that shows the workload across multiple workspaces/pull plans.

CONS

You're left to your own devices to figure a lot of the features out yourself. For the most part this is fine, but it can get frustrating when certain features and views were not always working the way I expected them to. For example, I created a dashboard to show all due dates according to the week. However, some dates just simply didn't populate if they were 3-4 weeks out. Instead they showed as "No date". I read the community forums, asked questions and tried everything I could, but in the end wasn't able to figure out why this was happening. I really wish their support team was more accessible. If I can't figure out what I'm trying to do I feel like I have no course of action other than to just scrap it and try something else.

Reason for choosing monday.com

Monday seemed like a tool that could allow for multiple workspaces, creation of templates and was a tool that was not only easy to manage my team with, but was also able to give me the visibility I needed into what my team was working on without a lot of hassle to implement.

Reasons for switching to monday.com

Wrike was an ok tool for what we were trying to do, but seemed a bit more cumbersome to use and set-up our pull plans, which require a milestone, objectives and tactical plans.

10,000+ employees

Reviewed September 2021

Right Performance and user friendly CRM Tool

Monday.com is an helpful CRM tool, I find it very useful because of its user friendliness, pipeline management, marketing campaign management. They do allow a 14 days trail with no credit card required to test the useful functionalities of monday.com Since it is web based it is easy to use I said lightweight app page.

PROS

Monday.com helps team members to analyze task quickly that they need to work on, workflows are based on the collaborative needs across department such as IT management and administrator team to ensures the stage gates are rightly set for an efficient collaboration. The inbuilt Project management tool can adopt the kaban or gantt chart style for those who love project updates on those charts, Especially useful for users who are used to the traditional type of Project management functionality, and the updates bar in real time. The interface is very neat and colorful, there are multiple widgets and apps that we can add in to the page. The best feature that I like is the ease of use to set up a project dashboard and to add the workflow for the communication and notification with tasks that are needed for the project.

CONS

Monday.com have to bring back their phone support which got stopped due to the pandemic. Non registered users cannot see any data or reports even in view only mode, so managing users info has no value with out getting them registered on monday.com. Have limited software integrations such as slack and even few certain exchange emails.

Reasons for switching to monday.com

Sales Force is leading tool but their UI is complex for business users

Nils

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2022

No more spreadsheets!

Monday.com gives us the freedom to build online tools to manage all daily tasks in our business. The versatility makes it our weapon of choice.

PROS

Monday.com is like a customizable spreadsheet in the cloud. It's easy to build any project management sheet you need. Projects to work on, time tracking, internal training, you name it. Just add the column (like status, text, numbers, formulas, assigned people, etc.) and create groups that make sense to you. Automations save a lot of time doing repetitive project management tasks.

CONS

Subitems are still relatively new, so not all features are working properly yet. New features are being released often, but now I have to use regular items to keep track of time spent per employee.

Reason for choosing monday.com

It feels more like the style we were familiair with, but without many of the downsides.

Reasons for switching to monday.com

When the team was growing, more and more problems arose when using Excel sheets, like duplicates, old files and a lot of time and effort to keep it look clean. Monday.com gives a more visual experience and drag and drop prevents data from being misplaced.

Melissa

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed May 2022

A huge assistance in keeping us on track with our job

As a group, we're making use of Monday.com. I had no idea what to anticipate, but I was pleasantly surprised right away. You should use this program if you want your team to be able to communicate and keep tabs on their progress. You may set up a "dashboard" for each project, assign individuals to each job, set a due date, and so forth.

PROS

Our company made use of Monday.com. I've had a wonderful time with monday.com. Personal and business endeavors alike benefit from my usage of this tool. Using it, I'm able to get things done. Depending on the team's progress, each assignment might be given to one or more persons. It's the go-to tool for getting things done in general since we can do so much more with it.

CONS

When more than two persons (3+) are involved in a project, a payment plan is required. A larger crew means a higher price tag. If you know how to utilize the tool effectively, taking a plan is in your best interest monday.com.

Reasons for switching to monday.com

Very user-friendly program. One of the coolest features is that our staff can utilize it on both the web and mobile devices. Project progress may be monitored from any location, as long as we have an Internet connection. We enjoy it since we can build projects, add team members to work on it, and add tasks to it.

Juliana

Food Production, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2022

Perfect organization with monday.com

I think that my team's experience with monday.com has been very positive, and it has helped me tremendously in having more organization around all my projects. It helps me break down my time into different aspects and helps me put more effort into urgent and important tasks that need to be completed during the day. monday.com has also been of great aid in providing helpful tools to make our projects as automated as possible and helping us get rid of many tasks that we used to do manually but now this tool helps us complete them in a timely manner without any issues, and as a result of that, I can focus on my projects in more depth and plan all my work for the week rapidly, as well as improving our workflow as a team and helping me sort different tasks and asign them to different members.

PROS

Monday.com is my preferred project management tool. It is a very versatile software and it provides great features that help me manage all my projects in a seamless way. I like that it is very customizable and allows me to view my projects in many different ways. Monday.com has a smart way to track progress and it is present uring every stage of a project, helping me brainstorm in the beginning stage and helping me finish all my projects successfully. I also like the fact that it has the ability to create and organize tasks, creating to-do lists and reports that help me understand and keep track of my own progress and my team's progress simulatenously, and making it easier to know what to schedule in our calendars and helping us organize our workflows better. Monday.com also has many beautiful templates that adjust to every single project and it has a wide variety of boards that let me choose how to view my project and how to view my tasks.

CONS

Monday.com is not the most user-friendly software and it shows in the beginning stages of setting everything up in the software. I personally had a hard time using it in the beginning as I felt that the platform looked too cluttered and it felt very hard to organize things to make it look like my own space. Thankfully, this software is very customizable and I was able to adjust it to my needs eventually and make it feel more like my style and my business' style, and it has improved my workflow greatly. One more thing that I don't like about monday.com is the fact that the pricing plans don't have much variety and it's quite a high price for small businesses.

Reason for choosing monday.com

Asana seemed like a great option but ultimately we ended up choosing monday.com because of the amount of tools we thought fit better for our organization.

Brandon

Hospital & Health Care, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed August 2023

Monday.com is great for sharing projects in real time

Because of the volume of customers we serve, monday.com is vital in maintaining order. This helps us organize our many clients' requirements and initiatives so that we may better serve them. We also find it useful for internal communication; we can simply add a tag to the name of the person we want to contact.

PROS

I really appreciate how straightforward and simple it is to use. They regularly update the site with new features and advice on how to make the most of those features. The speed and quality of their assistance to customers is unparalleled. Our organization couldn't function on a daily basis without Monday.com.

CONS

At the time, I can't think of anything I despise. Although I have been using it for a while, I continue to learn new ways in which it might benefit our business. So much is available there. In the best possible manner, it is overpowering.

Reasons for switching to monday.com

Quickly assists in placing orders and keeps me apprised of their status. Facilitates a state of optimal productivity. My output has increased. We use collaborative to-do lists in both our business and personal lives.

Thomas

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Spreadsheets with super powers!

Monday.com is one of the core tools our staff use and it is so heavily integrated into each department's workflow that we would struggle without it at this point. It is incredibly powerful and a fantastic organizational service for any type of information.

PROS

We absolutely love how robust Monday.com's features are and how easy they are to use. Each department utilizes Monday.com in different ways, but they all utilize Monday.com DAILY! It is one of our core work tools and without it's organization and collaboration we wouldn't be as efficient as we have become.

CONS

There is a bit of a learning curve for new users to Monday.com since it has so many features, integrations, and automations available to create the perfect workflow and information management system, specific to your (or your department's) needs. This has caused us to need a bit more time for onboarding new staff to give them a full overview of how their specific department uses Monday.com, but the long term benefits far outweigh the initial time investment.

Reason for choosing monday.com

The design and features made Monday.com feel like the better product overall.

Mike