All eviivo Reviews

Hazel

Reviewed June 2018

Not just a software. Eviivo is a great team , ready to help,just what my small Guest House needs.

PROS

Easy to use and great reports available. The set up was very simple and the training provided on line was very clear and accessible. Excellent support from the Eviivo team throughout the period I have been using the software.

CONS

I am probably not using all the software to its maximum for my business; but this is my fault not theirs. I need to invest a little more time in using the software which will save me time in the longer run.

Brent

Reviewed February 2022

New to Eviivo and very pleased!

Valuable time saved. Dependable multi channel management. Improved, customized guest communications. Life/Work balance restored.

PROS

The Moon Dance On Boarding experience has been smooth, informative and rewarding thanks to JL and the professional, detailed, patient guidance and implementation provided! JL has given us alternate suggestions and, unique to our situation, solutions that have shown we are being treated as a valued customer and not just a task to be slotted into fixed solutions. In addition to JL's incredible service with On Boarding we have been very pleased with the quick (within the hour) assistance from Chat Help. Dependable channel management to avoid those dreaded double bookings is of course important. However, the convenience of bringing everything to one dashboard is great. The time savings which we are now experiencing from automated payments and automated, customized emails with guests, is going to be huge! At Moon Dance we value our Life/Work balance, especially as we approach our seventies, so 40% to 60% time savings in some areas is very important to us. Moon Dance is very pleased with the overall functionality and ease of use. We are also impressed that there seems to be a proven commitment to upgrades, added features and a new mobile app.

CONS

We don't have much to complain about. We strongly recommend that you fully engage in the Eviivo University videos and Articles so that you can maximize the integration of your business with the Eviivo platform. The more you prepare and understand both about how you want your units to appear on OTAs and be described and what Eviivo can do and not do, the smoother the experience and the happier you will be with the product. Pre-load your photos and logos and the descriptions for each unit/cabin ahead of the On Boarding and your will have a smoother experience. The editing software within the email customization proved to be just as clunky and glitchy as it has been on a few other packages we have worked on in other businesses, but with patience and trial & error it fell into place. Definitely an area for future improvement.

Reason for choosing eviivo

Liked the Sales staff and time they committed before closing. Found their demo the most detailed and liked their willingness to spend extra time explaining functionality. Found the price attractive even though not the cheapest. We follow the investments of InvestCorp with interest and the fact they have a long term ownership of Eviivo is reassuring. Many of the other Channel Managers seem to be positioning for an IPO or buyout and that may introduce uncertainty.

API Channel Management; automation

Brent, We really appreciate you taking the time to review your experience with eviivo. Mike

Replied February 2022

Sheri

Reviewed February 2019

WORST EXPERIENCE EVER

Eviivo has cost our business time and money. I am now looking to replace eviivo with another booking engine. It's a shame that the customer service is so lacking because I really had hoped I would like their product. Especially after being on Webervations for 15 yrs which saw virtually no improvements to their calendar despite so many technical advancements in that timeframe which really makes my point...how could eviivo be so much worse than the antiquated and outdated Webervations? At least Weber worked reliably and never cost me reservations.

PROS

Absolutely nothing. Booking engine is NOT working. Their customer service is NON EXISTENT. Phone calls go to voice mail, emails unanswered, support tickets unanswered, online chat spotty at best.

CONS

This booking engine is unreliable at best. Since going "live" 2 weeks ago I have not received a reservation thru eviivo because it doesn't work. I have received calls from guests who were unable to complete their booking online which was exactly my experience after I conducted my own test to ensure their system was actually functioning. My test booking never went thru...just kept cycling back to the reservation page. I am 2 weeks into this and have not even received a phone call back from eviivo and the booking engine is still NOT working. The customer service is NON EXISTENT. No one answers the phone, their online chat support is not staffed and most often is unavailable, email and support tickets go unanswered. I have a small lodging property and pride myself on being responsive to the requests of my guests. I am dumbfounded by the total lack of regard eviivo has for their customers. Each day that goes by without the booking engine working properly is costing my business revenue and disservicing my guests. Here are more negatives: 1. The address field asks only for a zip code and not the guests full address. Why? 2. The Discover card and Amex logos do not appear as accepted forms of payment even if your business accepts them. 3. The confirmation letter generated is poorly worded, is largely not customizable and is confusing for a guest to understand. 4. The booking page uses language native to the UK but not the US. Ex: Forename and Surname vs First and Last name.

Hi Sheri, We are sorry to hear of the difficulties you experienced with getting help when you migrated across to eviivo suite from Weber. We experienced some difficulties in being able to get back to customers during this period and apologise for the service level during this time If you'd like to discuss this with us personally please do provide us with some contact details and we'll be in touch. Regards, eviivo

Replied April 2019

Graham

Reviewed February 2023

Eviivo - a great PMS for managing 2 bedroom room cottages or 100+ room hotels

I chose Eviivo from a shortlist of maybe half a dozen products when I started out three and a half years ago now and I've grown my business on the back of it. The support during the pandemic of 202/21 was exceptional too. And the price has been a constant too, which is really nice. To be honest, I can't imagine being without Eviivo now.

PROS

The support. It's second to none. You don't need it often, but when you do it's there for you.

CONS

To be honest I can't think of any features I don't like about Eviivo. And I rarely think of improvements that could be made to it (although I do sit up and take notice when Eviivo bring out improvments). I suppose I could cite the fact that there isnt a facility within the software where users can suggest improvements (or not one I've found anyway). Also, Eviivo don't have an affiliate scheme which is a pity, otherwise I'd probably be even more pro Eviivo than I am already!

Alison

Reviewed December 2022

Keeping life simple.

PROS

I find the eviivo system generally easy to use and, if I ever have a query, there are 'how to' videos available as well as the online chat for support. I only need to update my calendar and rates in the one place and it automatically transfers over to the online booking agencies. All my payments are also handled by 'the system' meaning that I don't need to worry about that side of things. Why complicate things when you don't need to?

CONS

I can't think of any things that need to be changed.

Esther

Reviewed September 2021

Returned to Eviivo because of customer service

[SENSITIVE CONTENT] have been so helpful! I feel like I can call or email them at any time and they help me nearly immediately. Its so nice to have such wonderful service!

PROS

I like that I can take credit card payments in the software and that I have more access to be able to change reservations as I need to and as guests requests.

CONS

I am waiting for the mobile app to be released. In that past I found the app pretty useless. I am really excited to see how user friendly the new app is. I think I would like to be able to see the CVC number on credit cards once it is entered. there have been a few times that that card was not working and I needed to verify the information and it will not allow me to view the CVC number one entered.

Reasons for switching to eviivo

After using eviivo for years I decided to try Lodgify on someone else's recommendation. It was a horrible experience and made me realize how much I like eviivo. First Eviivo gives me more control such as switching guest's rooms or entering credit card information-- I could do neither in Lodgify. I felt very restricted and that my hands were always tied with that system.But the biggest issue I had with Lodgify was customer service. After the initial switchover was done It was nearly impossible to even get in contact anyone much less get someone to actually help me. Often I just got a voicemail asking me to call back later. Once in a while I would be able to get ahold of someone and I would explain the problem I was having and they would say a different department handled that. I would say "great, could I speak with them?"to which they would respond "No sorry we can't transfer to them, they don't take calls." "Ok can you have them call me?" and they would say "No sorry they don't schedule calls but you can email them if you would like." It felt like they couldn't be bothered to help me. I expressed this to them on several occasions but they didn't seem to care. I decided even though it was a hassle to switch back I missed the helpfulness of eviivo customer service. At eviivo I can call or email at anytime of they day and they immediately help me, going above and beyond. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] have been amazing and so helpful and I am so happy to be back with eviivo!!

Esther...thank you so much for the review. We too are excited about the updated mobile app that is coming in the next couple weeks. I think you will be quite impressed with the ease of use and functionlity. More importantly, we appreciate you calling out our team members for the helpfulness! The last 18 months have been a tough row for our industry...but hearing feedback like yours tells us we continue to make postivie differences in STR managers daily lives! Mike Weimann GM

Replied September 2021

Thomas

Reviewed October 2020

New Booking engine/software

Overall, once the transition was done, it has been a pleasure to work with the Eviivo suite. I have found great assistance from the support team members that I have worked with to fix issues. I believe that we have a great presence on the internet with Eviivo, and as the world transitions back from the Covid-19 issues that we can have another great season. We had just transitioned to Eviivo at the end of 2018/19 season. There were a few errors on my part with the way I set up our room availability, which caused issues with the first 6 months we were with Eviivo, once I realized what I did, it took minutes to correct and presto our business took off. However 2019 was a down year for us in terms of room rentals, and of course 2020 is.....

PROS

The setup platform, and the way our B&B displays to the public. As I use the platform more and experiment with different aspects of the program, I have developed our business to a much better performing one, baring the covid-19 issues this past year and the shutdown of our B&b industry for most of our season.

CONS

At fist it was the availability of online assistance, which is still slim on Sundays. Please remember that for us small B&B's Sunday is a high traffic day, and the availability to contact assistance with an issue is still spotty to non existent.

Reason for choosing eviivo

Seamless transition. Also liked the promotional instructional video.

Reasons for switching to eviivo

No choice really, Res-nexus was going away, and this was the alternative that was offered. Yes there was other systems available but this was a seamless transition.

Debbie

Reviewed October 2020

Software with a lot of options!!!

PROS

I became associated with this software when the previous software company REZOVATIONS sold to Eviivo. The transition was a bit bumpy at first but over time Eviivo has become enjoyable to use. It has a lot of capability with a lot of options. Customer service is sometimes right on with help, other times I struggle to get a solution or a satisfying answer to my question or concern. I would like to see an improvement to the the ability to send email confirmations and correspondence to our customers.

CONS

I would like to see an improvement to the ability to send email confirmations and correspondence to our customers. It would be nice to be able to preview or edit the email before you send it to your customer. Some times it becomes this software makes it difficult to change the price of a room when you book it.

Reason for choosing eviivo

It became to difficult to switch. I really liked Rezovations!!!

We really had no choice

Joy

Reviewed September 2020

Eviivo Review

It's ok from our end but our guests are not nearly as happy with it as they were with Webervations.

PROS

It accurately keeps bookings and I don't have to be concerned about double-booking units.

CONS

- It doesn't track returning guests. - When quoting someone a price I have to manually add the room charge + tax to give them a quote from the Eviivo booking page. - Guests often miss the "guests" number when making their own reservations. - The program doesn't ask for "City" or "State" of guests so we have no idea where they are from. This has been a problem during the Covid-19 crisis. - It's nearly impossible to find a cancelled reservation. We have to know the guest's name. Please give an option to show a list of "Cancellation" to us with units, dates and names to choose from. - Room night charges are not shown on the "Charges" page. There is no way to see our guests' charges for each night in their reservation detail. - Our booking email sent from Eviivo when a guest books needs to show the unit at the top. Besides the date, the UNIT is the second most important piece of information we need.- - When a reservation is modified the guest needs an email confirmation. Eviivo should give us that option rather than make us manually find the email section and send one out. - The previous program, Webervations, allowed us to put a complete availability calendar in our website for each unit so guests could see when that cottage was available before going to the booking platform. - IN WEBERVATIONS GUESTS COULD BOOK THE SPECIFIC UNIT THEY WANTED WITHOUT SORTING THROUGH OTHER UNITS. MANY OF OUR GUESTS KNOW WHAT UNIT THEY WANT BUT NOW THEY CAN'T FIND OUT WHEN IT'S AVAILABLE.

Reasons for switching to eviivo

We rolled over from Webervations and thought Eviivo would be as good, or better, but it's not.

Hi Joy! Sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulties. The good news is, you can do pretty much all of these things in eviivo suite! Reach out to our eviivo experts via live chat for help making the most of your subscription. -James Shepherd

Replied January 2021

Bill

Reviewed March 2023

Great product

Eviivo is our main business tool. Without it we would have to manage our bookings and payments on a variety of different software. Eviivo simply makes it simple.

PROS

One calendar to view all our bookings - that's brilliant! One place to update our property information, again brilliant. Alert messages when someone books or cancels is helpful too. The support i received from [sensitive content hidden] when setting up Eviivo was truly exceptional. When the going got tough and the questions got stupid, he never faltered but politely and promptly responded. When there was an issue relating daily rates that he could not solve instantly, he sought technical assistance and came back to me with the answer and solution. He was just so helpful throughout and even worked with me in English language. Hard to fault him!

CONS

Having to amend OTA websites and accounts as well as Eviivo is a pain. Maintaining accounts with VRBO, Booking, AirBnB etc is difficult. This is not really a fault of Eviivi i know.

Reason for choosing eviivo

Eviivo was already used by our predecessors in this business.

George

Reviewed February 2023

Good customer support

Helps us centralize the management of our hotel

PROS

The Live Chat support is fairly quick and helpful. There are also lots of resources to learn how to use the software and free classes to learn with an expert.

CONS

1. It would be beneficial if eviivo had a dedicated account manager for users to contact direct for that added personal support. 2. More third party integrations / a site where users can vote and see upcoming integrations to be added to eviivo.

Christina

Reviewed September 2020

Good software selection for a B&B

We have found that the software is easy to use for us, and as time goes on they continue to update their software in ways that improve our experience as Hoteliers. We appreciate that they hear our feedback and are always working on ways to improve. We do not take full advantage of all that the software offers, such as the webpage, since we do not know how it would integrate into our google business app which is imperative to us to track our data. We would consider exploring this component more in the future, especially if video content was allowable. ie the possibility of adding 360 degree video for each room,and other videos of our property.

PROS

We like color-coded diary, the app lets you know if money is due, able to search for reservations in many ways, good selection of reports, the software is updated often to add new features and fix glitches, able to view and use on multiple devices. We are usually able to chat with customer service in 10 min or less, and they are (mostly) helpful with our issues.We have been having to reach out to Customer Service less and less.

CONS

Sometimes we have issues with the integration to our merchant account, when we enter the same info into Eviivo it fails, but when we enter it into the merchant account directly it works. Also the templates for the customer communication emails are awkward(perhaps due to British English or British preferences) and guests are confused. Thirdly it is impossible to enter our specific cancellation policy into the options that the software has for us, they say that it is because of the OTA preferrances, but in the end we have 2 cancellation policies, one for the OTA reservations and one for those who book directly with us. Of course they are both written on the confirmation letter and cause confusion.

Reason for choosing eviivo

We felt that this would be the easiest transition for our customer data, and that we would benefit from the most training for this new software. We also hope that our loyalty for being among the first customers would be honored down the road.

Reasons for switching to eviivo

Eviivo bought out the previous software and offered a fair price for a switch.

Molida

Reviewed June 2018

Can be questionable

PROS

It provides the basic needs of any reservation software system. Being able to record gift certificates is a plus and the overall interface of it is pretty simple to understand and navigate for the most part. You're able to adjust room prices and minimum night stays and the reports aspect of it is decent too. You can customize the colors to differentiate payment statuses which always helps as well as customize and label colored flags to tag specific reservations all on the occupancy map.

CONS

The system is sluggish and very slow at loading anything. I've logged in from different computers and laptops, but it's not my personal laptop or desktop at work or my friends desktop that is making the system slow, it's the system itself. There is an update always going on and every update so far has not made the system more functional in any way or improved it by any means. I believe at one point that one of their updates had actually made the software worse. I don't like how it saves the same guest information over and over if that particular guest uses an outside third party website to make their reservations. It should be able to recognize the information and pull up that guest. It just makes it difficult to see thousands of names under the Guests Tab if you're wanting to search for a particular guest and it pulls up 10 duplicates of the same person with the same last name of the person you are looking for but with a different first name. That duplicate basically takes up the whole screen making you have to scroll until you find the guest name you're actually looking for.

Reviewed February 2021

Used by the #1 Small Hotel in the World

Our overall experience is that for us, we would have no need for any other product.

PROS

We have used eviivo since we started trading in 2010. Back then it was a PC-based product rather than web-based as it is now. Being web-based it has a zero footprint on our hardware, everyone gets the same view of the same data and updates to our room availability, and therefore updates to a potential guest's view and OTA's view of our room availability, are virtually instantaneous. That aspect is a critical feature, as indeed is the availability of access to the eviivo suite itself, and apart from the rare occasion of planned downtime, or a JCB digging through underground BT cables, we have otherwise never suffered a lack of access to the suite. It is also really easy to use (including the App version for mobile access) - certainly for the features we use, as I know there are a ton more of bells and whistles which we could tap into, but being only 7 rooms, the eviivo suite features we use at this price point are just perfect for us.

CONS

There is nothing for us to dislike. It does what it says on the tin. As for potential improvements, one thing I would really love to see is the ability to build and run bespoke reports. There are lots of canned reports to use, but sometimes there's just that little extra thing you need - but you can always ask their helpdesk

Reason for choosing eviivo

Ease of use, great interface

Meredith