• Pros

• "It is a strong and neat system that is easy to navigate, the information layout is clean and clear and the menu is great. The fact it is cloud-based is great as it can be navigated from anywhere."

• "It has great pricing and value. It's easy to use. It offers great access through the internet. It's great that you can have SiteMinder work with RoomKey to sell to OTA's."

• "an overall excellent product. this product has all the modules included for no extra cost. data migration from legacy system is doable in my case compared to others."

• Cons

• "There were a few functions that I felt could of been more easily accessed, but overall the things I liked about the program outweighed the cons."

• "POS module is not available at this time, but in the pipeline for this year. besides that, nothing really."

• "Group functionality could be more in depth with regards to routing charges in portions rather than only all or none. Would like to see multi rate reservations on the group module as well."

Browse RoomKeyPMS Reviews

Joseph from FIRM Hospitality Group

The Most Versatile PMS

This is the best PMS out there for my money. Opera is certainly the standard, but RoomKey does everything needed.

Pros

I love how easy it is to access my hotel from anywhere. I travel often and working with a property management system that I can access from anywhere provides loads of benefits.

Cons

The MAC interface was very frustrating, but it has since been developed a little better. I hope they develop their Apple product over time.

Reasons for Choosing RoomKeyPMS

RoomKey has all the capacity of Opera without the costs or hassles.

RaeAnn from Centerstone Inn

User Friendly

Along with the ease of use, the customer support of the friendly staff was a bonus!

Pros

This was an easy transition from franchise mandated software to an independent hotel PMS. Our staff was able to learn in literally days. All the necessary reports and management tools were available as well.

Reasons for Choosing RoomKeyPMS

Customer service and price.

Response from RoomKeyPMS

Replied October 2019

RaeAnn, thank you so much for taking the time to leave an excellent review. We are pleased to hear that your transition to RoomKeyPMS was very easy and we really appreciate your business. Our customer support team are here for you anytime!

July 2009

Paul from Americas Best Value Inn/ Adera Ent.

udating

Roomkey is easy to grasp most general areas. the finite idosyncrinicities can be a little difficult for a less computer literate person to understand but it can be trained into them.

Pros

Katie Mclane with roomkey has been outstanding in her ability to help with any issues I have encountered.

Cons

Elearn needs to be kept current with the versions of roomkey so that we can accuratly train new employees. whenever a new version comes out a complete list of all the changes made should be provided before the version comes out so that policies that may be affected by the changes can be reviewed and adjusted accordingly. the tokenization of CC#'s has created some issues. Having the "settle" button on the authorized transaction window is almost a nessesity for our property. there are issues with authorizations becomeing confusing for our guests and they think we have double charged them. Iknow that better training in this area does solve most issues but when new employees are just learning roomkey they make mistakes and the settle button can solve this.

Response from RSI Group

Replied July 2009

eLearn - we are currently working on making our online training library more user friendly by merging documents. This will make it much easier to find what you¿¿¿re looking for. As an example, if you were looking for a document on how to change your rates, you would go to the Rates Module Document and the table of contents will direct you to the section on how to change rates. Documents for new versions - We have started this process as of our most recent release. On all future upgrades we plan to send updated docs out a few weeks before the release date so that clients can learn about new features in advance and be better prepared to get the most out of RoomKey Settle button for Shift 4 ¿¿¿ This has been added in our new release.

August 2015

Jeannette from Lakeview Hotels & Resorts

August 2015

Simply the BEST!

Pros

The program along with interfaces are extremely easy to deploy and very, very user friendly! Their entire team are experienced hoteliers with warm, genuine and caring personalities. They take a personal approach in everything they do. They are continuously seeking ways to improve the product by reaching out to end users for feedback and beta testing. They also strive to ensure exceptional client services at every single touch point and beyond!

Cons

The only thing I would say I find challenging; when we first began with the program a little over 10 years ago I had become very used to having one main "go to" person I worked with as an ideas and support person. This allowed for a great working relationship and a clear understanding of needs and wishes. Now there is a team and I don't know all of them as well and sometimes communication isn't as clear as I would prefer - this would be from both my side and theirs.

Justin from Bird-in-Hand Corporation

July 2015

management functions, set up functions, shift functions, night audit functions

Pros --There has been a lot of very nice features that have helped us serve our Guests better. - The quick access to information on the home screen. - Quick Check-in and Check-out processes - Intuitive nature of the software (anticipates what the clerk needs to do next) - Credit Card Processing has been extremely easy and user friendly. Shift4 Interface is great - Functionality of the Rate Wizard has been tremendous. This has allowed our properties to do more Revenue Management and Promotional Rates. - The updates that happen so frequently are very nice. It feels like things are always being looked at and worked on. - RoomKey Insight page is very nice for getting certain reports/information. - Advanced search is excellent - Website Interface and online booking is good. Cons -- - Reports seem somewhat sporadic. Arrivals and Departures reports do not have totals there are a lot of good reports, but I believe the reporting could be better. - No inventory for Guest Services (cots, cribs, etc.) - Overbooking seems to be an issue that comes up a lot even if you are just going into a reservation to make a change you always have to enable overbook if the hotel is filled. - Overall the booking box and the rate box that needs to be checked can sometimes get cumbersome for clerks especially when needing to scroll to look or change a rate in the reservation. - Packages are not very user friendly. There are lots of additional items and things to discuss concerning the software. The above items obviously don't cover everything. Overall our organization is very pleased with the system and has been impressed with the customer service thus far.

Alexis from Red Lion Inn & Suites

Pros

I like some of the functions, and how easy it is to use.

Cons

I feel that there needs to be some upgrades to the software

Response from RoomKeyPMS

Replied March 2020

Thank you very much for your comments. I am pleased to advise that our design team is currently working on some updates to the design of the software. We are very excited to unveil this very soon!

Sonia from Summerland Waterfront Resort

Top Customer Support

RoomKey has many features and is relatively easy to use. Customer Support is excellent!

Pros

There are a variety of uses and customer support is quick and helpful.

Cons

Not sure why some updates change things that work for us. I.E. recent update does not save the last search name which was very helpful to us.

Response from RoomKeyPMS

Replied January 2020

Thank you very much for your review. We take pride in ensuring we are able to provide immediate support for our customers. We appreciate the feedback regarding updates and will coordinate with our development team for review.

Blair from The Plaza Suites Santa Clara

Good Product

Strong internet access is highly suggested to get better results on product use

Pros

Positive note about this product is that it is very easy to use and it very user friendly-- I love the menu because its simple! This software operates in the cloud so access is from anywhere you have internet

Cons

The product itself is outstanding. I've use this product and sometimes trying to get through customer service may take you a while.

Great product to get started

Pros

Cons

Some of the reporting could be advanced, saying that they need to work on the customer service as it is not very effective.

August 2016

Allan from A Santa Barbara Hotel

August 2016

Very cumbersome

I'm a night auditor/ front desk person using this software for 6 months. It's cumbersome, compartmentalized. No one at the the hotel likes it. I'm wasting time on the software instead of working with the guests.

Pros

No breakdowns

Cons

Making a reservation is cumbersome, cannot check anyone in after midnight.., its not a well thought out program.

A. from Escape Lodging

Provides everything we need and is constantly innovating.

Streamlined daily operations, ease of training new employees, allows us to successfully serve our guests very intuitively.

Pros

Cloud-based, very user-friendly and easy to train, readily available training materials, accessible and attentive client resources, very responsive customer service, easy to manage and build any needed reports within the platform, allows us to integrate with all relevant industry software, provides ease and convenience to our daily duties, and constantly improving and anticipating the changing needs of our industry.

Cons

There is nothing to report, any potential issue was solved quickly or worked around easily. They welcome suggestions for improvement, and I readily provide them.

Dawn from Tropical Beach Resorts

July 2009

Room Key Pays for Itself!

Overall recommendation, looking into RSI would be a benefit to any hotel looking to maximize their revenue, save time, use state of art technology for GDS, key cards, credit card processing, etc. It's truly a magnificent system and the favorite aspect of our front desk

Pros

As a General Manager of 20 years in the hospitality industry I can confidently say our hotels performance is directly linked to Room Key. The technology is affordable; the staff at RSI is extremely cutting edge. Within the first six months of using RSI our occupancy went up 10%. Our staff honestly loves the system, front desk can be trained to take reservations and oversee check-ins within a few hours. The accessibility of having an online system allows us to work from anywhere at anytime. RSI allows us the maximize presence with the GDS by offering a two-way interface that is so easy to use and gives maximum control. We are a mid size property of 70 rooms that operates a year round occupancy of 93-95% with an average stay of less than 3 days. We operate extremely efficiently because of RSI. We feel passionate about PMS provider and the team that supports us.

Cons

Well, in regards to the cons of the software, I guess there are a couple of things that I would like to see in future upgrades. We'd like to see the tape chart show a few additional days and we would like to enhance the logo imaging on the confirmations that we email out along with the fonts and overall design. We'd also like to add a function that drops held reservations with out guarantees after a preset time.

Chris from Lexington Hotel and Conference Sudbury

User Friendly and Exceptional Service

We have been using RoomKey PMS for a year now and it has been a great experience. The cloud based PMS allows me to connect to the property from anywhere in the world making it easy to access information or assist other users at any time. The interface is user friendly making it easy to train new employees on. The advanced user functions offer many solutions to revenue and property management. The reporting functionality is also pretty on point. No system is perfect or without issues but they have been consistently working on updating and patching them within the various modules as they arise. The support team has been amazing. Special mention to Margaux who has helped me through numerous questions and requests. The exceptional support we receive is what sets them apart from other systems we have used. I would recommend RoomKey to anyone who is looking to upgrade their PMS.

Frank from Villa Motel

July 2015

Roomkey is the cornerstone of our growth

Our property has been using Roomkey since 2011. At first we wanted a simple front desk PMS to track reservations, check-in/out, and print confirmations. Roomkey Basic sounded like the right product at that time. As our business grew the demands changed. We now use Roomkey Full to implement group bookings, corporate accounts, & city ledger. We just made the choice to connect via GDS recently after it was too much overhead with the amount of reservations coming in from OTAs. Our room revenue has grown by 25-30% and Roomkey was the cornerstone. Since the initial training in 2011 I've been utilizing their constantly up-to-date resources in PDF guides and youtube videos. Recently, I purchased a 4 hour training session to touch base with all the changes Roomkey has had since 2011. This training session was completely worth it. For instant help they have a wonderful support team that always helps me fix any problems I come across. Roomkey isn't a stagnant PMS solution. They are always evolving and redesigning their product. The movement of change is good and the direction they are heading towards only makes the use it Roomkey easier. Great product. Great support. Great pricing. Why wouldn't I be on with Roomkey? Special thank you to Chris Mackenzie. Haven't forgotten all the help you've done in the past.

Bad pms system

Pros

That it is a very simple system. There isn’t much to it

Cons

The user interface is terrible. It looks so outdated and customer service is terrible

Shelle from Viseate

Great PMS for Independent Hotels & Property Management

A solid PMS system for a new hotel with mixed use inventory, a robust rate strategy and many amenities.

Pros

RoomKey has robust features built into the basic package with affordable add-ons for numerous property types. The customer service and a support team that lives up to the sales pitch (which isn't always the case). It is a solid choice of PMS systems for independent hotels and small hotel companies not tied into proprietary PMS systems.

Cons

I honestly have not come across any real cons. Perhaps the information provided, pre-installation, could have been more robust. The client I was working with to choose and implement was not very knowledgeable and likely could not have done the installation without our help.

Jayesh from BAPS

Easily one of the best hotel management systems in the market.

Pros

You can track your hotel's data from anywhere around the world due its cloud based system. The amount and different types of reports you can generate can give you a better idea of how efficient your hotel runs.

Cons

The UI needs improvement. It can better managed to show you important information. The system tends to have a lot of bugs and tech support is generally called.

Charles from Ecola Creek Lodge

July 2015

RoomKey is a good product, but we find the program a bit much - even the Lite version!

As a small property [22 Units and few amenities], the multi-level program is actually more than we need, but the other struggle for us is it's Approach to "The Guest Service Experience". Because this PMS is based on the Accounting Mode, it's bookkeeping strictness creates hurdles for us who use it who are not 'Bookkeeping' savvy. [Although our Accountant loves it!] As a result there are several functions where it takes extra steps to accomplish a simple task all the while our Guests wait! Granted there are some features we really do like! Other PMS products used in the past were in my experience easier to navigate!

Response from RSI Group

Replied August 2016

HI Charles, Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on our Hotel PMS. We are extremely pleased to hear that your Accountant loves the bookkeeping capabilities of our product! We appreciate that not all properties require the same features but work to build and evolve our PMS to make both our hoteliers and their guests lives easier. We welcome you to contact us with any specific feedback we can take into consideration while we evolve our product to see if we can improve your experience.

Henry from Red Planet Hotels

July 2015

A good product for our type of hotel - versatile and some very good components.

Their system has been deployed across all our hotels in Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia and Japan and one of the nifty functionalities is our ability to select a repeat guest profile irregardless of which country they are booking. It also allows us to be more flexible in pricing (tiering of rates), tracking of production numbers for corporate and wholesale accounts; able to customize reports and export to excel for further mining; a very good maintenance module enabling us to track works (and costs) being done in rooms and throughout the hotel. Able to merge duplicate customer profiles. Responsive customer service section and great trainers. Their BI Reports section continues to grow in scope and in-depth reporting - enabling us to better understand our customers and demand. The only major downside of this software is that it doesn't support multi-language - however in saying that their new version (web & cloud based) will have that ability. Can't wait!

H.Peter from Hotel Parisi

Great System

We would sign up for the program anytime again as we have not found anything thus far that accomplishes more.

Pros

Great web-based PMS program for smaller hotel properties that will take care of most every operational issue that one gets involved in.We find it most useful that we can make changes to our rates and set-ups wherever we are with relative ease.

Cons

The weakest side of the program is the report writer. It is sort of annoying that you can not get any reports that will give you annual information by months.

Response from RSI Group

Replied July 2009

We are in the process of beta testing our new KAR Hotel Reporting Module. This interactive tool will provide custom reporting in real time through a very cool user interface - if a data field exists, KAR will be able to report on it! (Someone from sales will contact you when the demo is ready)

Wes from The Tides by the Sea

RoomKey Review

Runs our hotel/condo. Operates in the cloud so access is from anywhere you have Internet connection. Great tool for front desk personnel and also reports for daily, monthly and annual information. Has an output for data for the condo owners. Can also link to OTA's for increased Web presence.

Pros

Easy to use and captures information for data capture

Cons

Some entry is cumbersome but once you learn the steps it's ok

May 2010

Rob from NMS Lodging

May 2010

Room Key Hits a home run on most key points

I would reccommend the Room Key PMS System. The value that you receive for the low cost of the sytem is unmatched. The remote access is also a huge plus!

Pros

Room Key is a very easy to operate system. It fits our needs for the 3 properties that use the system. There are complexities that make this sytem stand out aboove a lot of systems.

Cons

The group management system can be challenging. Two of our properties are 95% group buys and the entering the rooming lists is very cumbersome. Being able to easily add shares would be a fantastic upgrade to the system.

Response from RSI Group

Replied May 2010

RoomKey allows you to import a .csv file (coma separated value) into the Rooming List feature of the Group Wizard. This will allow you to save the time of re-typing a rooming list directly into RoomKey.

Zul from painted turtle

Review RoomKey

Not very convenient for hostel type accommodation, more suited to hotel properties. Customer service is very poor, difficult to get answers to many questions.

Pros

not a lot

Cons

customer service

Great PMS for very small Inns

Good for a very small B&B or Inn.

Pros

The software is very light and cloud based. The PMS is easy to use and the customer portal has a lot of documentation if any users have questions.

Cons

PMS is missing an extract for revenue reporting and a report scheduler for automatically emailing daily sales reports as well as reservations OTB reports.

Jeff from Pronghorn Golf LLC

RoomKey PMS

Pros

I like this product a lot. I found it very easy to work with and maintain. My staff also found it easy to learn. The cloud base features of it are amazing.

Cons

I don't really have any cons. It is a little more expensive than some of the competitors, but you definitely get what you pay for.

February 2015

Edward from AME Management Group

2.5

February 2015

Very easy to use and training was excellent.

Pros

Cons

Support service needs a big improvement. The average time for a response is 3 hours. RoomKey should pay close attention to this if they want to see growth in their product. Unfortunately to compete you need to work towards 24 hour support.

Hugo from ASH NYC

Roomkey is flexible and customizable

RoomKey is a great PMS system both in the pre-opening and operating stages. The build-out process of the system is particularly interesting as it allows to build it very tailored to the property's needs.

Pros

Flexibility of system, easy integration with other softwares and systems.

Cons

Tax code programming and the better performance on PC's.

Arlene from Manteo Resort

Kelowna Lakeshore Inn

A great property management system that is designed for ease of use and is administered by a very well informed team. All of our questions have always been answered quickly.

Pros

Very user friendly system. Updates on a regular basis to keep up with client requests. Knowledgeable support staff. Simple straight forward design makes training easy.

Cons

Response from RSI Group

Replied August 2009

- Group Module enhancements are scheduled for the 4th Quarter of 2009.

Winfield from Travellers Beach Resort

July 2015

It's been great to work you're company.

We've been with you since around 2008 I believe and love how much the software has developed. I like the fact the the software is constantly being updated and has many integrations with other platforms. I also like that I'm kept up to date and given different recommendations. What I would like to see is a stable Mac and Ipad version of this software. Many of us use Mac's and it's a bit frustrating having to go to use a windows machine to gain access to the software. I'd also like to use this on the go, so an mobile / Ipad version of the software would be very helpful. Everything else has been good.

September 2015

Pat from Coronado Towers

September 2015

Owner Review

Pros

The main menu is very easy to use and layed out in a good manner

Cons

The manager at our condo bought this software to help manage rentals. I own one of the units. I cannot block out the unit for my own use. I get a software database error. I have been complaining about this for about 1 year. I got an automatic reply back from the room key PMS saying they opened a bug report. Never heard anything back. They manually blocked out the fall as I asked. Now, I need to block out something 6 months from now - same software error. The code doesn't recognize my last name as the owner. Sounds like someone forgot .toUpper to me.

Jashan from plaza suites hotel Silicon Valley

Great software

Great soft ware with user friendly functionality. serves the functions and meets the need of our organization. At the same time tech team is easily reachable

Pros

User friendly

Cons

None I can think of

Sean from Holiday Inn Express

I've only used the program to shop comp set info, and it's sub par.

Pros

I like that it shows me my entire comp set and then some, I can easily see a ball park of rates to help in my planning.

Cons

I don't like that it's not entirely up to date, or that it only shows member rates. I'm not shopping based on member rates, I need to know my competitions best available rate.

Vanessa from The Plaza Suites

Excellent Product

I work for a hotel that uses these units and they are very easy to use. They are straight forward and get the job done.

Pros

Simple, user friendly

Patty from Nana Management Services

Room Key NMS

The ability to build reports using all the different fields Room Key has would be really helpful, so each user can get the information needed.

Pros

Simple and concise for booking and checking out rooms, gift sales, etc. The clerks can be set up with different authorizations, a definant plus. Nightly audits can be run the next day.

Cons

City Ledger/Guest Ledger reports are not clear. Invoices and Statements are not easy to get. There is not a history of A/R to print. Basically the A/R City Ledger is awful.

Response from RSI Group

Replied July 2009

City Ledger/Guest Ledger Reporting - Under Reports > Audits > the Daily Balances for In-House Guests and Daily Balances for City Accounts does provide historical information on the A/R (someone from client services will contact you to find out more about your requirements - with over 70 standard reports available, we think we can help you find a report to meet your needs)

Jeff from Pacifica Hotels

Exceptional Experience!

We have been pleased with RoomKey PMS since recently converting 21 properties to the PMS. The product is functional, efficient and easy to use. The support and training has been exceptional! I look forward to a long standing relationship with a vendor that has provided our organization with a great PMS product that continues to evolve and provide additional value.

Dale from Executive Hotels & Resorts

Exceptional Training

We have found the delivery and extensive and comprehensive content overview provided by Rosamund to be of a superior calibre and we have gained a great deal of additional insight and value of Room Key PMS based on what has been provided by her, and we believe our Hotels would benefit from her continued involvement with our conversions and ongoing training.

Hayden from Hayden's Hotel

Ease Of Use

This Product was super easy to use I loved it

Gina from Chautauqua Suites Meeting & Expo Center

Operations Manager & Front Desk Manager

Program is maturing and getting better... Customer service is excellent, which superceeds any complaints!

Pros

System is fairly quick and managable

Cons

Needs A LOT more adjustments/upgrades. Isn't "manager override" friendly or permissions are either too free or too restricted for clerks, there is no middle level of what they can and can't do. CITY LEDGER NEEDS ATTENTION!!!

Response from RSI Group

Replied August 2009

- Adjustments and upgrades are implemented on a quarterly basis. Clients that want specific RoomKey enhancements may contact our support team and have their requests added to our Client WishList. - City Ledger enhancements are scheduled for the 4th Quarter of 2009. - Someone from our Client Services Team will contact you to further discuss the permissions available within RoomKey

April from Governor Hotel

RSI International Review

I will put in for tickets on some things we feel would be beneficial to all your clients.

Pros

New implementations work fine.

Cons

Frequently when an update occurs, something that worked in a previous version begins to have challenges. Eventually they are corrected but during busy times when they occur it makes using the system non user friendly.

Mary Ann from Terrace Bay Hotel

Great Customer Service.

We just started using RoomKey PMS in October and it really is a great program. The star of the show I think is the customer service. If you have any questions or problems they are so very helpful. I have used 3 different reservation systems and this is A+

Mark from CTRL Consultants

RoomkeyPMS

The sales & support teams take the time to understand your setup at the property. and most of all they know their product in & out.

David from Pemberton Valley Lodge

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Pros

Easy to train new agents. Web based so can be accessed anywhere

Cons

Web based not available when internet goes down

Response from RSI Group

Replied July 2009

RoomKey can also access the Internet via the cellular network, so if you experience a service interruption with your Internet provider, you can use an "air-card" to continue using the system.

Karen from Colony Hotel

Great Employee

Customer support representative is wonderful. Always willing to help and explain things. I'm always happy if he answers. He helped me with Policies and even did some of the work in order to get it done.

March 2016

Jennifer from Northfield Inn and Suites

2.5

March 2016

RoomKey, pros and cons......

Pros

Really like having the system cloud based and just about everything integrated into one system. Pretty easy to use once you start working on it regularly.

Cons

Training could of been a little more in depth, trainer seemed to zip right over things and we were left not being 100% sure on our training. Some things we mentioned we were looking for in a system in the beginning seemed to come up last minute that it didn't work with the RoomKey system. Very disappointing. Sometimes its hard to get a response from customer service when issues arise.

October 2014

Zach from Basalt Mountain Inn

October 2014

User-Friendly

Pros

I like how easy it is to use the product.

Cons

It is made for large companies and has too many features for a small place.

Barb from Zigler Hospitility

Financial Operation Specalists

The product has work fine for our hotel operations

Pros

easy to use

Cons

Had some trouble with the meals tracking on the reports

Michael from White Sands Negril

White Sands Negril feedback

Highly recommended to any small hotel. I have acted as a referral many times over the years.

Pros

Cost effecitve Software a service solid tech support ease of use

Cons

can be slow at times due to software as a service

Ryan from The Eldon Luxury Suites

July 2009

Very much! Great product!

Pros

Easy to implement, easy to use, service line is great, many interfaces, user friendly rate management tools, friendly and responsive staff.

Cons

None, great product