All Checkr Reviews

Cassondra

Computer Software, 201 - 500 employees

Used unspecified

Reviewed December 2023

Checkr Review: super fast background checks

Richard

Staffing and Recruiting, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2022

Great service with simple API setup

The easy-to-use API and webhooks enable our organization to process hundreds of background checks automatically. We would not be able to run at the scale we are without this ability.

PROS

Being able to configure webhooks directly in the dashboard makes it a snap to connect Checkr to external Applicant Tracking Systems. This makes implementation possible even in low- or no-code organizations.

CONS

Some of the reports and background check results can be difficult to interpret. Thankfully customer service walked us through all of it.

Reasons for switching to Checkr

We were processing huge amounts of background checks and verifying them all manually. We needed an automated solution in order to grow.

Mara

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

Great Product When Working with Planning Center

Really good, very happy with the product.

PROS

I like that Checkr integrates with our church software, Planning Center. Making its use by my staff really easy.

CONS

It can be a little complicated on the back side if you're not sure what you're doing. I don't give many people access to that.

Reasons for switching to Checkr

We switched church databases so we switched to Checkr because of their relationship with Planning Center Online.

Marielle Francine

Food & Beverages, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed August 2022

Even their Customer Success leadership team don’t care

Trying to implement CC-MVR for more than half a year now and still not done. We’ve been through 3 different customer success managers, all seem to be disappearing whenever you’d follow up on something they said they would do. I reached out to senior level leaders multiple times and was promised help, but I have never felt as helpless with any other vendor I’ve worked with in the past as I am with Checkr. I went through the correct channels but nothing gets resolved. RUN AWAY AND GO WITH ANOTHER BACKGROUND CHECK SERVICE PROVIDER.

PROS

Fountain and Lever integration User friendly consent form

CONS

Their Customer Success team is the worst I have ever encountered in my career.

Liz

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Great choice for Planning Center integration

PROS

We use this as an integration with Planning Center to background check our many volunteers. It is quick and easy to use. I like that it provides an estimate of when the background check will be completed, allows you to cancel the invitation, and provides tags to filter the information for easy budget tracking.

CONS

The thing I wish they would change most is remove lines that contain cancelled invitations. It is a waste of space. I would also like to see the tags as a column on the Candidates page.

Reasons for switching to Checkr

We needed something that integrated with Planning Center.

Isabel

Medical Devices, 51-200 employees

Great product!!

It's been great. We get results quickly. I love getting notifications during the process

PROS

Easy to use and integrate to our HRIS. We get results and updates quickly.

CONS

I like everything about it, I haven't had any bad experiences using it.

Reason for choosing Checkr

Integration and ease of use.

Reasons for switching to Checkr

Checkr integrated with our HRIS, so it was one less thing to fill out.

Ashley

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed August 2023

Meets Expectations

Overall it's a good prodcut that meets my expectations. I get the results I need in the time frame that I need them, and that's good enough for me right now.

PROS

I am able to integrate Checkr with our current HRIS and start the process right from an applicants profile. I usually have a quick turnaround and easy to read reports.

CONS

There are so many different packages to choose from, sometimes it's complicated to know exactly what I'm ordering unless I log in directly to Checkr and then sort through the different packages.

Reason for choosing Checkr

Overall Checkr seemed to be less expensive and still provides what we need.

Jeri

Computer Hardware, 51-200 employees

Review for Checkr

I love it and I want to always be using it whenever I have to run a background check.

PROS

The big thing is that Checkr integrates with Greenhouse. It makes running and keeping track of these checks easy without having to hop into another system for tracking.

CONS

I can't think of anything, everything is super great and support has been helpful.

Reason for choosing Checkr

We took suggestions from our staff and they had really great things to say about Checkr. I've also worked at other companies before and Checkr is hands down the easiest and quickest to fill out. HireRite and GoodHire asked for info that I wouldn't have because a past company has either closed or have had several rounds of layoffs.

Christine

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Easy to Use

My overall experience has been great from ease of use to the customer service when I have had a question.

PROS

I love that we can use Checkr through our ATS, Greenhouse.

CONS

I have no complaints so far about using this service.

Reasons for switching to Checkr

The backgrounds were taking a long time to come back and we lost a couple of candidates because of it

Dilraj

Computer Software, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed February 2020

Great software for conducting background checks

Overall, its an awesome platform to integrate with your system for performing the hard manual work of doing background checks online.

PROS

Checkr provides a list of properly documented APIs which can be easily integrated with your system for performing background checks. The results shared by the APIs can then be used for making a decision on the candidate based on the background checks

CONS

Not much wrong about this software. It integrated nicely with your systems and for any issues which arise in integration, the customer can help you out for resolving those.

Laura

Management Consulting, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed June 2023

Good system

PROS

Once it was set up with our HRM it was easy to use

CONS

Increased pricing made it too expensive.

Rahul

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2018

Wonderful to do background verification hassle free

Awesome experience. No paper work, any time results, more to digitialization, no need to store verification forms physically for future use prospective.

PROS

With this amazing software, can do background verification online. Saves time and more accurate. Just need to fill some basic information and required information is just a click away.

CONS

This is a new concept however not so popular. Need marketing of this.

Phil

Religious Institutions, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2022

Checkr is all you need

Fantastic from setup to use

PROS

Extensive background checks that will make sure you have all the information needed to make the correct decision.

CONS

There isn’t anything that stands out as a dislike about this software.

More in-depth background checks

Basil

Construction, 51-200 employees

Our use of Checkr

It's great. Very easy to teach people how to use it and it's super great that they can integrate with a lot of HRIS for automation.

PROS

It is very simple to use. Implementation was a breeze when we enrolled in our previous HRIS, where once they signed their offer letter Checkr would send them the background package. We have switched our HRIS and that process was easy as well. The best thing about the service is how quick it is, where some checks literally take seconds.

CONS

I want a cleaner UI. A repeated issue is when a new hire does not fill out their background package in time, so we have to go into their profile and then resend it. It would be great for that candidate to request it again themselves.

Reason for choosing Checkr

Ease to use, turnaround time, and price.

Ashlee

Food & Beverages, 1,001-5,000 employees

I love Checkr

I love Checkr! We have been working with them closely for many years- Ive been using it for 5 years and its always a great and fast source. Lots of information is provided to us via their BGC process and even the candidate portal. They have also come into the office for seminars and are great service

PROS

Easy to use, easy to navigate, Checkr is always good with letting us know about new updates and product features.

CONS

Sometimes things that are flagged up as being "Consider" are often not real major issues.

Reason for choosing Checkr

I think management decided Checkr offered what we needed for a great price- they have worked closely with GH to get what we need and any issues that arise.

Raleigh

Retail, 201-500 employees

Excellent Background Check Service

Overall, a good experience. Competitive pricing and responsive customer service. Would recommend to another company running that needs employment screening background checks.

PROS

Checkr integrates with our ATS and sends background checks to applicants via email and phone. The information requested is quick and easy for an applicant to input, and background checks are fast and accurate.

CONS

Occasionally, some background checks will take an exceptionally long time. While it is not directly in Checkr's control how fast a county court responds to an information request, it would be nice to receive BC status updates or a "we resubmitted the request" email, something to note that this background check request hasn't been lost.

Aliance 2020 could not integrate with our ATS

Michelle

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2022

Customer Service discrepancies & constant issues; nobody Account Manager

Not a great first impression for us. A lot of email communication which is a time suck. No available customer service to remedy your issues in a timely manner. We've made the decision to look for a company that provides an account manager or live support.

PROS

The product is fairly easy to use and turn-around was very quick

CONS

1 - The Employment Verification section is all over the place. The timeline and description of what their process is within the background check results is very confusing due to the language/descriptions and time stamps they use. It really doesn't make a ton of sense and they need to fix it. You also have no idea what time zone they are referencing. 2- lack of CS teams understanding of our needs/inaccurate set-up + it all is done via email (you don't speak to a live rep). 3- Turn around time - I'm finding its taking 10+ rather lengthy emails back and forth to explain what I need...and still encountering background check errors due to wrong set-up. 3 - No live support. This is the biggest issue for me. It would be much easier to discuss platform issues with an assigned account manager. Consequently, I have to wait daily for a response from their CS team, and have several background checks that are in queue but can't be processed due to the background check packages not being set-up properly. This is also holding up our current background check process.

Kambren

Plastics, 201-500 employees

Great for Paylocity!

PROS

I like how Checkr integrates with Paylocity - creating less steps and automating the process.

CONS

Contacting Checkr is not immediate, there is not a phone number to call for immediate assistance. It would be beneficial to set up either a plan contact or a monitored phone line for immediate questions - especially if we are in a time crunch and need to have some information. The majority of the time (with employment verifications) there are sections incomplete even if they were able to get ahold of the employer, like the end date for example. The last thing is their ability to override or cancel out a section of the background that isn't necessary after requesting it. For example, if someone accidentally inputs their education incorrectly because they didnt complete a degree - it should be as easy as a click of a button to override the process and mark it as completed after they receive the information that it was input incorrectly and the documentation was sent.

Sharon