What are Checkr users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Checkr software through verified user reviews

• icon"We use it integrated with Planning Center which makes it super easy for our volunteers to get background checked and have it documented in their PCO profile."
  • icon"Ve looked into other software but this Ine has the best interface."
  • icon"The best feature was the ability to integrate this into our church's database software, Planning Center Online."
  • icon"Notifications are touch & miss. Sometimes I get an email that it cleared & sometimes I don't."
  • icon"Ineffective data retrieval. They found a person by the same last name."
  • icon"Terrible service, long wait times, no explanation for delays or pending checks."

Browse all Checkr Reviews

• Have you used Checkr and would like to share your experience with others?

Brett

Easiest background checker around!!

Checkr gives me the chance to look at the whole picture of someone I’m hiring giving me the chance to make a sound and safe hiring decision for the company.

Pros

How easy it was to navigate around the site it wasn’t a long drawn out process like other sites!

Cons

The lay out could have been better. Things placed in different areas than they were.

Reasons for choosing Checkr

Because of their ratings and from word of mouth of other colleagues in the same industry and position as myself.

Thomas

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Great Product to us

Solid

Pros

Easy to use and good communication with customer support.

Cons

Some responses are slow, but not necessarily due to Checkr and various county's are manual and slow to respond.

Reasons for switching to Checkr

Head Office Decision to gt a product that was more efficient and better value

Greg

July 2022

Denied for no good reason

Horrible. Turned me down for doordash and ubereats over charges i was never charged with that don’t even have anything to do with what I’d be doing for them and I had talked to ubereats and doordash and they thought it should’ve been approved after challenging it with checkr, but nope. Checkr doesn’t like when you’ve been proven innocent in court. The cases just popping up as things you’ve gone through is enough for them to deny you work for another company that just uses them for background check approvals

Pros

Nothing. This has been a horrible experience and I wouldn’t recommend anyone use you for background check approval services.

Cons

The things you base approval on. Shouldn’t deny people a job for another company over things they were never charged with that also have absolutely nothing bad towards the jobs they’re applying for.

Joy Cristy

March 2022

Advantage and disadvantage of Checkr

Their is no problem at all, if I'm being honest, I wish that the Checkr will go directly on the candidate page like so we do not need to search them manually because sometimes, it can eat all our time and our AHT will be affected and we don't want that. However, using Checkr on check the BGC on our drivers is its very punctual and easy to use and utilize.

Pros

The features that is most impactful, specially to us, is the background check. Using this we are able to see their BGC result and assess what action we will take based on that. Also, we do not need to send the details of the result of their BGC because Checkr have an automated message that comes through the driver's email once their BGC result is ready or if they have an issue regarding to that. Plus, Checkr is so easy and convenient to use, whether you are first timer. We can definitely process easily with the help of this software.

Cons

The cons that I can see on using Checkr is that when we search the drivers manually using their name, email, or even UUID, it sometimes occupy alot of our time. It takes 2-3 minutes before its shows up. Furthermore, since we are assisting drivers and we usually need to see the candidate page and not the report page. It will be more less hassle if we click the driver's BGC from their application that route us to candidate page instead of report page.

Bryce

February 2022

Wonderful software solution for a variety of businesses.

We have loved the ability to submit hundreds of background checks and to quickly and easily see their status/results.

Pros

I like that Checkr is an easy-to use and well-supported online solution. We really appreciate the ability to pick and choose what features we want and that Checkr has a pricing solution for any combination of features.

Cons

As with any background check system it can be frustrating when dealing with improper background check information or errors that come up when requesting a background check due to user (applicant) input error.

Reasons for choosing Checkr

Checkr offered the most solutions and the most flexibility for what we wanted to do.

Reasons for switching to Checkr

Pricing, availability of features, customizability, API, and ease of use.

Vast Improvement Over Sterling

Pros

Much more agile, easy to use, and cheaper than Sterling - a far, far better user experience for both the administrator and candidate.

Cons

Nothing to note! Great customer service and lots of attention in the onboarding.

Reasons for switching to Checkr

Sterling had a horrible experience flow for candidates - not transparent at all.

Michelle

May 2022

Customer Service discrepancies & constant issues; nobody Account Manager

Not a great first impression for us. A lot of email communication which is a time suck. No available customer service to remedy your issues in a timely manner. We've made the decision to look for a company that provides an account manager or live support.

Pros

The product is fairly easy to use and turn-around was very quick

Cons

1 - The Employment Verification section is all over the place. The timeline and description of what their process is within the background check results is very confusing due to the language/descriptions and time stamps they use. It really doesn't make a ton of sense and they need to fix it. You also have no idea what time zone they are referencing. 2- lack of CS teams understanding of our needs/inaccurate set-up + it all is done via email (you don't speak to a live rep). 3- Turn around time - I'm finding its taking 10+ rather lengthy emails back and forth to explain what I need...and still encountering background check errors due to wrong set-up. 3 - No live support. This is the biggest issue for me. It would be much easier to discuss platform issues with an assigned account manager. Consequently, I have to wait daily for a response from their CS team, and have several background checks that are in queue but can't be processed due to the background check packages not being set-up properly. This is also holding up our current background check process.

Joe

Essential Tool in HR

Checkr provides an easy to use and essential background check solution that is transparent to employees/applicants. Pricing of the solution is fair and no subscription is needed. For larger organizations a more automated process would be best to use and new contenders have better APIs and automation. Check your use case and need for automation before deciding on a background check solution.

Pros

- Transparent to employees and applicants that are being checked - Easy to use online interface - Very affordable yet comprehensive background check - Quick learning curve for new admins

Cons

- Online interface is dated and could use a UI refresh - Notifications and automation could be more advanced

- Transparency / industry leading position - Fairly priced

Camilo

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Excelent product.

Has been a satisfactory experience since I have a faster background check to my applicants and let me know who I can take onboard on the team or not.

Pros

How faster and easier to understand it is.

Cons

I dont have any complaint untill now about it.

Reasons for choosing Checkr

By the easiest way to understand all the information.

Mara

Great Product When Working with Planning Center

Really good, very happy with the product.

Pros

I like that Checkr integrates with our church software, Planning Center. Making its use by my staff really easy.

Cons

It can be a little complicated on the back side if you're not sure what you're doing. I don't give many people access to that.

Reasons for switching to Checkr

We switched church databases so we switched to Checkr because of their relationship with Planning Center Online.

Liz

Great choice for Planning Center integration

Pros

We use this as an integration with Planning Center to background check our many volunteers. It is quick and easy to use. I like that it provides an estimate of when the background check will be completed, allows you to cancel the invitation, and provides tags to filter the information for easy budget tracking.

Cons

The thing I wish they would change most is remove lines that contain cancelled invitations. It is a waste of space. I would also like to see the tags as a column on the Candidates page.

Reasons for switching to Checkr

We needed something that integrated with Planning Center.

Alina

Fast background checks all done online

I love using Checkr, is easy, has multiple reports you can run, makes onboarding easier, looks and sounds legit and they keep you informed of the progress.

Pros

Checkr is easy to use, you can send the invite to candidates quickly and effortlessly via email but also send a direct link if needed. The whole process is easy for the user and in most cases, you get results quickly - sometimes in minutes. If the candidate is scheduling an appointment to get a TB test or Physical exam you can check where they scheduled the appointment. It's also possible to resend invited that expired. Search is easy and you can easily take a look if a report is complete. The background check process has clearly mentioned steps and you can track the process live. Checker is giving you an estimate of the duration and they are great at informing users via email whenever they have important updates.

Cons

When sending invites they often end up in the Spam/Junk folder so we need to give a heads up to candidates to check there as well. If sending more than one invite the link in the email will always bring the candidate on the same page (asking to fill in name, surname, contact phone, and email... they get confused when they have to do it over and over clicking on each link in every email they get. I feel Checkr is super busy, with a lot of users, and support is overwhelmed and therefore slow to respond, sometimes takes days/weeks.

Adam

Always Engaged With Our Company's Goals

Always engaged with us and our goals. Great communication!

Pros

Integration makes it all super easy! I really appreciate the hands on help our reps provide.

Cons

Customization needs for us aren't quite met at this point.

Reasons for choosing Checkr

Checkr best fit for our business.

Reasons for switching to Checkr

Velocity needs and integration needs.

Angela

Background checks made easy!

It's been great overall! Definitely easier to use than other companies we've worked with in the past and the system keeps track of when re-checks are needed, which is super helpful and much more clear to us to keep us on track! Billing is straightforward and easy to change if needed. We're on autopay so it's easy peasy each month!

Pros

We switched from a different company last year and started using Checkr. It works SO much easier with our current organization software (Church Community Builder). From setting up an account, to adding users, to requesting background checks and tracking in the CCB system, it's super easy. Background checks are usually super quick to get results from. And the cost is a little cheaper than the company we used before!

Cons

We don't necessarily know all of the features that are available to us. Cost breakdown wasn't easy to find on the account website. Sometimes it's hard to find answers on the help section for what we're looking for. We just usually need general background checks for our volunteers and also employees and that's really it. I see there's more features in Checkr that we need to probably research and make sure we're utilizing things to our fullest so we will do that! For the basic needs we have, Checkr has been easy to use and the customer service is quick to respond and help when we have questions.

Reasons for switching to Checkr

Wasn't easy to track when we needed to do updated (5 year, etc.) checks. With long term employees and volunteers, we need something easy to track that for us and let us know when it's time to do a new check. Checkr is SUPER easy in this regard so that was the biggest reason for switching! Ease of use!

Saved me so much time when I was hiring contractors!

Using Checkr I was able to focus my time and energy on running my marketing business, rather than chasing down personal information and gathering forms around town from contractors for weeks. Checkr sped up my hiring process by several weeks because I was able to get background check results online within days.

Pros

I loved the fact that Checkr handled the whole background check process for me completely online. I saved so much time when I was hiring contractors to service the online leads I was getting. All I had to do was input some basic information about my contractors like their e-mail address, and Checkr started doing the rest for me right away. They send an e-mail to your potential contractors or employees. After clicking the link in the e-mail your contractors can fill in all of their personal information on their own time. This is great for privacy reasons too and it helps your contractors feel more at ease knowing their information is being handled through a secure system. The entire process is very quick and you don't have to worry about anything except monitoring the background check results as they come in online.

Cons

If I had to find a negative, I would say that the platform seemed very new and it offered very basic features, services, and a very simple design. The platform is being updated all the time though and I was able to perform a variety of different types of background checks efficiently.

Leslie

Will continue to use Checkr

Overall experience is good. On the Customer service side, Checkr can learn from Shield Screening-- Shield Screening out performs on the CS side

Pros

Ease of use and interface with HRIS. Generally the turnaround time is quick!

Cons

Wish there was a Customer Service rep that can be reached on the phone is very helpful for to 1 off situations.

Interface with Paylocity

Reasons for switching to Checkr

Lack of interface with Paylocity, cost and turnaround time

Stacy

Checkr has been a great asset to our ministry

Pros

Integration with Planning Center, ease of use, ability to track the status of background process or if one is expired.

Cons

I wish we could add context to the initial email so that our volunteers know that it is coming from our organization and to be clear on what information we check and that we are using Checkr for our volunteers not for a job application. This has caused some confusion lately.

Reasons for choosing Checkr

Honestly because at the time it integrated with Planning Center.

Reasons for switching to Checkr

We switched database systems for our Kids Ministry and used this as the integration to that system.

Basil

Our use of Checkr

It's great. Very easy to teach people how to use it and it's super great that they can integrate with a lot of HRIS for automation.

Pros

It is very simple to use. Implementation was a breeze when we enrolled in our previous HRIS, where once they signed their offer letter Checkr would send them the background package. We have switched our HRIS and that process was easy as well. The best thing about the service is how quick it is, where some checks literally take seconds.

Cons

I want a cleaner UI. A repeated issue is when a new hire does not fill out their background package in time, so we have to go into their profile and then resend it. It would be great for that candidate to request it again themselves.

Reasons for choosing Checkr

Ease to use, turnaround time, and price.

Dina

Great Value for your money

Excellent customer service and they provide a lot of additional things, like free webinars, legal updates and the billing process is super easy.

Pros

It is one of the easiest background check products I have ever used. The have a great widescreen service that is extremely inexpensive, then if something is found it then goes into the pricer more drilled down options. Definitely provides the confidence that I am getting everything I need!

Cons

I don't like if you make an error on something like the email or the candidate changes their mind, you don't have the ability to completely delete request. I personally don't like looking at uncompleted requests knowing that backed out of the position. I would prefer to delete it completely!

Reasons for choosing Checkr

The integration and the price.

Reasons for switching to Checkr

Checkr intergraded with the New Payroll Software we purchased.

Dominika

Industry: Translation and Localization

CheckR does not disappoint

Pros

Very easy to navigate interface, responsive customer support, and clarity of the dashboard

Cons

northing I can think of that could potentially negatively impact the business

Ashlee

I love Checkr

I love Checkr! We have been working with them closely for many years- Ive been using it for 5 years and its always a great and fast source. Lots of information is provided to us via their BGC process and even the candidate portal. They have also come into the office for seminars and are great service

Pros

Easy to use, easy to navigate, Checkr is always good with letting us know about new updates and product features.

Cons

Sometimes things that are flagged up as being "Consider" are often not real major issues.

Reasons for choosing Checkr

I think management decided Checkr offered what we needed for a great price- they have worked closely with GH to get what we need and any issues that arise.

Heather

Easily Integrated

We run many background checks each month on volunteers looking to work with children and vulnerable populations. I have great confidence in Checkr's ability to get me a quick report and link the information to profiles on our database.

Pros

The best feature was the ability to integrate this into our church's database software, Planning Center Online. We were easily able to set-up accounts, connect the two, and manage who is able to view the background checks from a platform we use regularly.

Cons

The only thing I haven't liked is that the branding/website seems outdated.

Reasons for switching to Checkr

This integrates with Planning Center Online.

Richard

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

February 2022

Great service with simple API setup

The easy-to-use API and webhooks enable our organization to process hundreds of background checks automatically. We would not be able to run at the scale we are without this ability.

Pros

Being able to configure webhooks directly in the dashboard makes it a snap to connect Checkr to external Applicant Tracking Systems. This makes implementation possible even in low- or no-code organizations.

Cons

Some of the reports and background check results can be difficult to interpret. Thankfully customer service walked us through all of it.

Reasons for switching to Checkr

We were processing huge amounts of background checks and verifying them all manually. We needed an automated solution in order to grow.

Angel

Great product

We have had a great experience with using Checkr. We love the product and will continue to use it.

Pros

We love how it integrates with our other software and it's a quick turn around time and it's very easy to use and understand the reporting.

Cons

The only struggle we have is that getting back to the dashboard without going through a check is sometimes difficult to get directly there.

Reasons for choosing Checkr

The integration is what sold us.

Reasons for switching to Checkr

Checkr integrates directly to our database.

Raleigh

Excellent Background Check Service

Overall, a good experience. Competitive pricing and responsive customer service. Would recommend to another company running that needs employment screening background checks.

Pros

Checkr integrates with our ATS and sends background checks to applicants via email and phone. The information requested is quick and easy for an applicant to input, and background checks are fast and accurate.

Cons

Occasionally, some background checks will take an exceptionally long time. While it is not directly in Checkr's control how fast a county court responds to an information request, it would be nice to receive BC status updates or a "we resubmitted the request" email, something to note that this background check request hasn't been lost.

Aliance 2020 could not integrate with our ATS