Resource Guru

Resource Guru Reviews

RATING:

Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"I like how easy and quickly the support team are there to assist when needed. I like how it shows you who has booked what and the daily reminders via email of what is coming up, etc."
  • icon"The UI is simple and to the point, integration with outlook calender makes it easier."
  • icon"It is well laid out and provides an excellent visual representation of staff, availability and what they are assigned to do for the near future. Very rapid data entry and manipulation."
  • icon"It's a bit confusing the transition between the normal software and the Beta one."
  • icon"Hence, we don't need reminders about overbooking. These are a little irritating."
  • icon"The lack of a smartphone or tablet app. Search functionality is weak."

Have you used Resource Guru and would like to share your experience with others?

All Resource Guru Reviews

Nev

We have had this tool for about 4 years now and we have come to rely on it heavily.

organization and accessibility to a schedule managed by many

Pros

- online so you can view it remotely - clients can be color coded - you can set various permission levels - reporting is accurate - customer service is fast

Cons

- searching for a specific project can be a challenge with no search feature - nothing else, it works well.

Tom

July 2022

Brilliant, intuitive platform with top class customer support

It has turned something we used to do slowly and manually into something done in seconds.

Pros

It looks great, the daily update emails are really helpful, it's very easy to use and the reporting is incredibly useful

Cons

I wish there were more features, especially around putting in (and being able to export) a project timeline with milestones. This would mean you could see the duration of a project and its different phases, then see all the resources booked underneath. I would also love a mobile app!

Reasons for choosing Resource Guru

Resource Guru is intuitive and pleasant to use. it's also much easier and makes more sense.

Reasons for switching to Resource Guru

Float's pricing structure is ridiculous - there is no help for a small company

Response from Resource Guru

Hi Tom Thanks for sharing your feedback! Milestones, project phases and a dedicated mobile app are firm features on our roadmap, so I've made a note to contact you once they get released :) If there's anything else I can do to help at any point please don't hesitate to reach out! Thanks, Michelle

Replied August 2022

Rob

Frequently used

I’m a daily user and rely on the information contained.

Pros

I am particularly fond of the display features.

Cons

I haven’t run across any cons yet. So far all positive.

Frédérique

August 2022

a short Feedback

Pros

This product is easy to use. One of the impacting characteristics can be the general view of the personal planning and that of the team.

Cons

I have not encountered any problems at the moment

Warwick

July 2022

Easy to use resource scheduling

We had major problems with our existing tools being over complicated when we really needed a simple solution. Resource Guru ticked all our boxes and staff found it really simple to use.

Pros

Simple easy to use and great user interface

Cons

Some features are global and can't be switched off.

Cost & Ease of use

Reasons for switching to Resource Guru

To complicated to maintain and disliked by staff.

Marina

February 2022

Great tool for resource planning

Overall, RG was a game-changer for us. Since we have implemented it, we got a better overview of our projects and became able to plan ahead and more long-term.

Pros

The product is very easy to use, intuitive, and fast. We love the ability to zoom in and out and have different views of our timeline.

Cons

What I (currently) miss most is the ability to quickly update the schedule. For example, to select multiple "tasks" for one employee and move them 1 or more days forward, in other words, to shift or postpone someone's entire schedule. We change schedules quite frequently so it would be easier for us to have this enabled. But I've heard that this would be possible down the road.

Reasons for choosing Resource Guru

We wanted something specific for resource planning, not for task management, and the others we considered were more leaning toward task management.

Sonia

Easy to use high level planning tool

Resource Guru allows our company to do long-term high level planning of resource utilisation and provide a guide lead time for sales teams.

Pros

I've been using Resource Guru since 2013 and it's constantly improving which is good to see. It's easy to use and provides decent reporting.

Cons

I'd like to see public holidays auto populated according to a country of choice and ability to limit daily bookable hours just by a number (e.g. 7.5h) without setting a rigid start / end / lunch break.

Shwan

Industry: Government Relations

October 2022

Resource Guru Survey

It is an user-friendly product

Pros

Good time management and project organisation tool

Cons

When software is crashed, takes at least a day to be fixed

Erik

Eriks

Pros

The sight of all on schedule .makes it easy to see who's in area

Cons

Need an application that is just saved on phone.

Simon

Couldn't run the team without it

Excellent. All our interactions with the team have been fast and successful. They clearly love the product and the work they do.

Pros

It's fast and intuitive and I am able to see at a glance and report on all of my team's​ assignments and accurately schedule all their time.

Cons

Reporting aspect. Stock reports are good, but would like to be able to drag them into a platform like PowerBI. Potentially via scheduled export to CSV or similar. Would also like some more customisation​ such as more leave types and an option to backup and restore information. Finally, audit tracking - who made what change.

Reasons for choosing Resource Guru

Exact functionality match to requirements. Originally bought for my team​ only, but quickly expanded to the whole department.

Reasons for switching to Resource Guru

The tool was only good for scheduling large blocks of time, was slow and cumbersome. This tool is much more dynamic.

Reshma

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

SM user

As mentioned I have implement RG to both my previous and current working places. Its easy and simple, no complications, not clumpy. I use RG on a daily basis to book my whole team's daily tasks.

Pros

Easy to use, simple for all team members. Looks visibly pleasing. I have implemented Resource Guru to my previous and current working places. Very good value for money.

Cons

Needs to have an action for users to click once they have completed the task. I have been waiting for this for a few years now. Still not very mobile friendly.

Reasons for choosing Resource Guru

It was more beneficial for my team and how we work daily.

Jeremie

The best stand alone solution for resource management

We're using ResourceGuru for weekly planing, when we plan the up-coming week for every creative and strategy members. And every day, through a short stand-up meeting, we review the daily plan of everyone to make sure everything is clear. Thanks to the simplicity of the UI we can easily replan on the fly in case of project changes.

Pros

UX is awesome Simplicity of the solution.

Cons

The one-side only integration with Google Calendar. If we plan meeting in people's calendar, ideally it populates ResourceGuru (and would place it in queue in case of conflict/overtime). The integration with other software, like Harvest, is inexistent, isn't it?

Reasons for choosing Resource Guru

For its ease of use due to a great UI design.

Response from Resource Guru

Hi Jeremie Thanks for sharing your review of Resource Guru! I wanted to let you know that 2-way calendar syncing is very firmly on our roadmap, so can I suggest that you sign up for our newsletter in the footer of our homepage if you haven't already - http://resourceguruapp.com. That way we can keep you in the loop about new features and other news :) When it comes to integrations with other tools, there are a couple of ways you can go about this. We have a 2 way REST style API which you can use if you have some programming capabilities at your end. You can find all of the API documentation just here https://resourceguruapp.com/docs/api. We also have a Zapier integration which lets you quickly connect Resource Guru with 3,000+ other tools, without the need for any programming skills. You can read about using the Zapier integration here https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942116-using-the-resource-guru-zapier-app Please let us know if we can help further :) Thanks, Kat

Replied September 2021

Emma

Amazing software that's incredibly useful for our Studio team

We as a team absloutely love using RG, we use it on a daily basis and it really has transformed the way in which we work as a team, making us more collaborative and organised.

Pros

Can't believe how cheap this software is and all the built in capabilities! It's great, we are a team of 7 and this has helped us with our project management bookings. You can clearly see what work is booked in over the weeks/months and allows you easily to move stuff round.

Cons

I would like there to be an option to have specific colours per clients. It would also be good if it retained hours per project. For example we have big animation projects in that are broken down into sketches, moodboard, animation etc and would be good to have some sort of log if the time gets moved.

Reasons for switching to Resource Guru

Screen Dragon was super expensive and over complicated for what we needed.

Response from Resource Guru

Hi Emma Thanks for sharing your feedback when you responded to the survey we recently sent you :) Customisation of the colour palette is firmly on our roadmap, but in the meantime if you have any programming capabilities at your end you can use our API to add custom colours. You can assign your own custom colours via API right now if you'd prefer. You can find all of the API documentation via our Developer Center here https://app.resourceguruapp.com/developers/apps Also task dependencies are firmly on our roadmap for the future, I'm afraid I can't give you an accurate release date for this just yet; but I'll be sure to keep you updated as soon as there is any news on it. I hope this helps, but please let me know if there's anything else I can do for you. I'm always happy to help! Thanks, Michelle

Replied February 2022

Jane

Value for money and SO easy to use

This has saved us countless hours of email writing and phone calls as our trainers can see their bookings without us having to call or write to them each time something changes. All of our sales and booking team can immediately see who is available for times requested by a client. Our Marketing and Finance departments love the reports and they are so easy to customise.

Pros

Colour-coded projects, ability to mark projects as confirmed or tentative, able to sync the software to individual calendars, easy to customise reports, everything on one screen, easy to add and customise new resources. I could go on but, this software has grown with our company over the past 4 years and we are all very happy with it.

Cons

The new features that are added are not always in the order we want. For example, it took 4 years for the confirmed/tentative option to be added - a very useful feature for us but I understand that the Resource Guru Team needs to prioritise features based on the overall needs of their customers.

Reasons for choosing Resource Guru

Personal support, fast service, adaptability of software, ease of use, best value for money

Lara

Review from a user perspective

Resource guru has been a bit of a god send as both a user checking when you're scheduled in for work but also as an admin to have big visibility of what everyone is working on and when.

Pros

Scheduling is really easy to do on the web version, I can book, amend or cancel resource in a matter of moments and easily drop and drag to move things around.

Cons

The mobile version on web browser can be a little clunky, it would be good to have an app version to make checking scheduling on the go (whilst at external meetings etc) easier to use, the same for booking resource on the go, its almost impossible to do so on mobile

Reasons for choosing Resource Guru

I didn't choose this product, the company had it when I joined but was instantly far better than previous company processes such as excel spreadsheets etc which were unreliable and messy.

Response from Resource Guru

Hi Lara Thanks for leaving a review of Resource Guru! I wanted to let you know that the new schedule is mobile optimised, so you should now have a much better experience when using Resource Guru on a mobile in browser. We do have plans to release dedicated mobile apps in future, so keep your eyes peeled for further updates :) Happy scheduling! Kat

Replied November 2019

Industry: Oil & Energy

Does everything we want

Very positive

Pros

A very easy to use and intuitive piece of software. Easy to plan a schedule months in advance and keep on top of near-constant changes that our industry throws at us.

Cons

We don't use the calendar synch as it caused problems I think because we are still running an older version of Outlook. We are in the process of switching to 365 so will try again.

Jaspal