• Pros

• "It's easily customized to our agency needs. The support team at Foothold is very responsive and helpful. The system is pretty user friendly as well and the reporting feature is fantastic. "

• "It is easy to use. We enter all of our data using this software. And it is also easy to edit. Everything is stored efficiently ."

• "It's customizable, and easy enough to use the parts of that you use all the time."

• Cons

• "While creating forms for the agency is easy, it can become tedious if you have a form when you have a repetitive question."

• "There are no significant limitations. The software is affordable and ideal for organizations that have to satisfy HUD HMIS requirements. "

• "The system has so much more potential and while they are trying to improve each section, I wish it would be faster but not from lack of trying. There just isn't enough time in the day."

Browse Foothold Technology Reviews

Michael from Mental Health Association of Columbia-Greene Counties

Working with Foothold has been great. Using AWARDS has made helped us streamline documentation.

Pros

The documentation, auditing and compliance features features have been a great asset. We are still learning how to use Billing Builder, but Foothold regularly updates their functionality. Their report builder tools and form builder tools have also been a great asset for our organization. Their training department is very good, with many free training sessions on their various modules, new features, etc.

Cons

Some functions require much data entry, and this can be cumbersome. The billing builder functionality has a very large learning curve, and Foothold limits some functions to very few users such as Form Builder. Configuring Billing Builder, and completing scheduling can also be very cumbersome.

Darlene from Unity House of Cayuga County Inc

Unity House of Cayuga County, Inc

We have realized greater efficiencies with data collection for the use of analysis and reporting for current needs internal and external to the agency but also in preparation for changes in the service system and greater need for quantitative demonstrations of successful program and service delivery. We have greater flexibility for documentation of service provision as it can be completed from multiple locations on an agency computer. We have utilized AWARDS fora portion of our billing.

Pros

I appreciate the ease of use with AWARDS, it has kept up with the changes in regulatory systems over our years of using the software. We have been able to create forms that meet our specific needs or preferences. The system has online support, is linked to reference materials for medications and is evolving to add new services. All of our employees use the system, support departments, facilities and IT, OPWDD, OMH, PROS and OASAS programs. The report module has assisted our Directors to collect data for data-driven programmatic decisions and is especially helpful.

Cons

There have been a few times when we had hoped to create a form that mirrored on in AWARDS, but found that it would lack the same functionality. We were able to develop an acceptable work-around, but it delayed the roll-out by a month or two. Years ago, I would have had more "least-liked" parts, but the improvements in the last couple years have made a big difference.

Marissa from Community Hope, Inc.

Longtime User

We've been using AWARDS since 2004. We've been able to experience and benefit from many software updates and new functionality over the past 15 years. The software has solved many of our operational needs, regulatory compliance, and documentation of service provision.

Pros

Although this software is affordable, it is robust. Our Project Manager is smart, creative and responsive. She is direct and honest about what options and customization are available. The billing team at Foothold Technology is always willing to assist with technical details. The onsite training staff during our roll out truly built confidence in our team.

Cons

I always want more options and more features! We are fully committed to using technology to problem solve internal and community challenges. I am always asking for more.

Jessica from Alliance for Positive Health

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Highly Recommend AWARDS

AWARDS has enabled our agency to make steps towards going paperless. After using the same charts and processes for many years the transition has been relatively painless. Our team has been able to demonstrate how AWARDS benefits our agency and individual programs and this has gotten people initially resistant on board with the change. Again, the support we have received from our configuration consultant and the Foothold help team has been instrumental in our success.

Pros

Cons

There are random areas of AWARDS that can't be changed and some workflows that seem to add extra steps unnecessarily. The reporting feature is one of the best but also most confusing parts- the report builder looks intimidating to people who haven't used it before and we've had to retrain staff on report builder specifically several times.

It's okay

Pros

Cons

It's not intuitive. There could be more helpers to know what's in there and to be found.

Dani from Park Center

AWARDS Review

Overall we have had a good experience with AWARDS. We've had a consistent Project Manager since implementation 10 years ago. The helpdesk staff are responsive and helpful. My only criticism is that sometimes Foothold will make changes to the system without consultation with users. Obviously not every enhancement and upgrade needs user approval but for ones that have massive impact on users, there should be a forum for discussion and piloting. Sometimes they do this but not always.

Pros

What I like best is that AWARDS has a feature called "formbuilder" which literally does what the name implies. I can take any existing form my organization uses and "build" it into AWARDS using a user friendly platform to select drop down boxes, text boxes, etc. This form can then be added to different parts of the systems such as client face sheet, progress notes, etc.

Cons

A few parts of the system are clunky. For example, there is a charting timetable where reminder events can be scheduled so that staff get tickler alerts. However, this module doesn't "talk" to the module where the actual event (an assessment, for example) is actually done. So the process of keeping the timetable updated with completion dates is a totally manual process. It would be more efficient for staff if this was automated like their PlanBuilder (Treatment/Service Plan)module is.

Colleen from Hopewell

Foothold Technology /Awards-Hopewell's review

Pros

Switching from paper records to Awards was a simple process for our organization. There was a lot of support from Foothold Technology and they were there to guide us through each step of the process. They were always available and responsive to our questions. Awards was easy for our staff to learn and navigate. The options for adding our own forms and customizing areas was one of the reasons we decided to purchase Awards.

Cons

We are very happy with Awards. One of the features we would like to see is an easier way to print an entire record. While you can do this now, there are a few steps to go through, making it a little more time consuming. I am confident that this feature will be available in the future. In our experience with Foothold, they seem to really listen to the customer feedback and make changes based on user experience.

Theresa from Little City

Great Experience

AWARDS has been a great case management system for my organization. It has streamlined processes across multiple departments and transformed tracking demographics, outcomes and skill development from an overwhelming task to something easy to do and interpret.

Pros

The software is easy to use across all levels of the organization and is easily customized within the organization without having to seek extra help. We were fully supported during the implementation process so users felt ready to use the system once we rolled it out all staff. May questions can be answered using the help function within the software.

Scott from BronxWorks

Foothold AWARDS

We use AWARDS for many different programs. The software has helped the organization's infrastructure and lead to additional growth.

Pros

The software is not only easy to use and customizable , but it can simultaneously satisfy multiple funding source requirements which saves an enormous amount of time. The help desk is first rate and the Foothold team is great to work with. I especially appreciate the ease in which key performance indicator reports can be programmed.

Martin from Pibly Residential Programs, Inc

Industry: Mental Health Care

AWARDS (Foothold Technology Review)

Exceptional. Foothold's "behind the scenes" staff are always available and receptive to our needs. It's a fantastic product and speaking as a non profit provider, I couldn't imagine using any other software. HIGHLY recommend.

Pros

The AWARDS software captures ALL our needs (and then some). Furthermore, the foothold technology team is always responsive to our needs, even if this means adding to or altering their software. The systems flows seamlessly with our annual reporting needs (actually produces our reports) and safeguards all our information.

Cons

There really is not anything I do not like about the software.

Astrid from Catholic Family & Community Services

So many different programs

I have had the pleasure of working with AWARDS since 2009 and any time an agency had to undergo the process of selection of an EHR, AWARDS was what was selected. It's the best bang for your buck. While I didn't get certified until a few years ago, it was an easy enough system that I could be an administrator for my agency and really create processes that streamlined my programs. I didn't need to implement all programs at once or implement one module across the board, it allowed for me to plan, test, and rework things without having an external deadline. Most importantly, this could not have been possible without the staff at Foothold. They took the time to explain things thoroughly, discuss potential other uses and guide me if I was stuck. When changes were implemented because of regulations, they helped us navigate that and if they were making changes they communicated those too. They provide the vision to all users and accept input. Staff are knowledgeable about programming and offer more than one option of doing things in the system. Having several options also helps with it's user friendliness, you can get to the same destination from different paths and not break anything in the system while doing so. They have build in lots of safeguards for this too.

Pros

I have worked at several big agencies that have a multitude of types of programs, state regulations and internal regulations that this system allows me to gather information from all on a consistent basis. Creating reports is easy and any type can be made! I can create reports for the board or for individual front line staff to give them feedback. I can look at one program, subset of programs by type or all at once (homeless, veterans, DV, shelters, incidents, senior, meals on wheels, group homes, etc.)

Adele from Lexington Center for the Deaf

Changed My Life

Pros

I could go on and on about the benefits of Foothold's Awards program. It is very easy to use. Change is hard for everyone and my staff was nervous about it but all migrations (for many program) couldn't have been easier. Of great importance to me was the tech support. I never have to wait to address a question or to get clarification. The software has actually made the management of my agencies, much easier. I have explored areas of productivity that I never thought was possible. Everything we need to provide services is easily in one place. We have successfully used Awards in various applications and it has been successful with each.

Cons

At this point we have no issues with this software. I only wish I had more time to explore some of the features I have not yet used (and I use many of them already).

Nicolas from Inwood Community Services

As a psychiatrist in an agency using awards EMR

Comparing Foothold Technology's Awards system with other products, Foothold has showed it is a much better product, with much better performance, much more easily to use, more user-friendly. Also in the last 8 to 9 months the support has improved dramatically, and now the response time is excellent. So in my opinion Foothold exceeds other similar EMR/e-prescribing programs. The documentation is much more accessible to all employees that need access. The forms are much easier to complete than other EMR programs I have used in other mental health clinics, and the e-prescribing experience is way much easier (and has been without significant problems for the last 9 months). When you compare Foothold with other programs you can prescribe with much fewer steps, much faster, more intuitively, and you can verify right away if the prescription was successfully transmitted. Other products oftentimes are a nightmare, often telling you the transmission never went to the pharmacy until long time - sometimes several days later- and often you find out only because the patients can't fill their prescriptions. So for a relatively inexpensive program, it does way much more than the inefficient and expensive alternatives. Additionally, from what I understand, the control panel is apparently easy to be managed by the clinic supervisors, and they can fix problems with progress notes, and other clinical forms for most basic problems. In that regard, that's also my experience comparing Foothold with other programs. I must say the CONS I found: -When initially we started using this program, the training wasn't thoroughgoing and comprehensive, but in the last 9 months the staff in the agency has been well trained by the supervisors, so the issue has changed positively. I must say I have now a very positive opinion about Foothold's Awards. I recommend it.

Ed from Mended Reeds Services

Excellent EHR for Behavioral Health Agencies

I work with multiple agencies that offer different types of services in the social services sector and Foothold Technology's AWARDS product has exceeded our requirements at each agency and program. Our documentation is now streamlined and accessible to all employees that need access, no matter which office they are working in. The integrated form builder allows you to create any custom forms you want without having to pay some developer to make changes. The Billing module integrates with the services very nicely. We were able to save around over 288 hours of staff time per month just by switching to AWARDS BillingBuilder functionality. Want to further analyze data, no problem. AWARDS lets you use various ReportBuilders and ExportBuilders to export the data in a variety of popular formats. PROS: -Easy to use, easy to train, online help facilities always available -Powerful FormBuilder lets you create your own forms and make changes as needed -You can report on virtually anything you enter, even data on custom forms -All items related, no need to enter the same information twice for a client -Billing integration saves you time and money while reducing errors and increasing revenue -Integrated HIPAA compliant messages module to communicate with staff while including sensitive client information -Updates in functionality every month always bring new or enhanced features -Staff is always very responsive to new ideas and very quick with support when there is a problem -Our staff loves the much faster input of Group Notes and Progress Notes as well as the ability to view/edit notes from any location -Tickler messages are sent to each staff warning them of upcoming service plans or other assessments that are due for clients on their caseload -Supervisors can be set to receive all messages to oversee an entire program or agency CONS: -Very minor things still on the wish list that do not prevent us from doing our job or meeting requirements from our payers (such as design and layout). We are very happy with AWARDS and always recommend it to any agency looking for a good electronic health record.

Peter from Transitional Services for New York

Intuitive and Easy to Use

Pros

We have been using AWARDS for 18 years and have no buyers remorse. We have over 15 programs all with different reporting requirements using AWARDS. Management staff are able to monitor programs using key word alerts which are generated daily. They are also able to track Service Plan/Review and Assessments using a few clicks. We can build our own forms as reporting requirements change.

Cons

As it is web based there can be a glitch here and there however, once reported Foothold will insure that this is fixed in relatively short period of time.

Linda from Unity House of Troy, inc.

A non profits must have

Having an electronic record with an agency that understands the software that is needed is priceless.

Pros

In the world of ever changing regulation and guidance this is a product that any agency that provides housing and assistance to people living with a disability must have. This electronic health record ensures compliance with State regulation and document procedures. Foothold has been able to add new programs easily, has guided us in building reports and provided hands on training and support,

Cons

I wish that I had signed a contract sooner.

Logan from Camelot of Staten Island Inc.

The benefits of AWARDS

Compliance chart auditing and UR can be done without having to travel to various sites. The benefit of removing counselors from the billing process; due to the ability of our fiscal department to generate billing reports directly from the AWARDS system

Pros

The ease with which you can incorporate required regulatory documentation into the EHR. The benefit of AWARDS working with licensing and regulatory agencies to assist providers in meeting documentation requirements

Cons

The inflexibility with the use of various signature pads.

Sam from Nonprofit Organization Management

Industry: Mental Health Care

MIxed, but for the most part good. Easy to use but a bit outdated.

Easily track client notes. Easily pull reports. Having to constantly use backdating is a bit annoying but that may be part of our individual account, I'm not sure as I'm not an administrator for it.

Pros

Organization and layout. It can be pretty intuitive for simple tasks and reports are easy to pull but not super detailed. Layout in reports is usually pretty easy to read.

Cons

Inability to easily go back. Have to start many simple things from the top if you make a mistake. If you make a mistake while entering a service you have to start from the beginning, but for others you can click back. Inconsistent with that.

March 2015

Bill from Baltic Street AEH, Inc.

March 2015

Easy to Navigate; Friendly, Helpful Staff; and a Great Experience!

As the AWARDS Administrator for a Peer-Run, Peer-Operated Agency in NY City, I can say, first hand, that the employees at Foothold Technology are a friendly, knowledgeable bunch! Have a question or problem? They get right on it to resolve it quickly. I have experience with a few Mainframe and Internet-based databases over the years. Theirs was the least painful one I was ever involved in using. Not only are the screens easy to navigate, there is a lot of customization available. In many cases, not only can you get There from Here, but there are several ways to do so. This does not confuse things, however. It's more a case of not having to backtrack to perform the next task. Need to add to, or change, a list of options? No sooner said than done. Worried about upcoming regulatory changes to the Mental Health field? They are on top of it and update everyone to any changes they are making. They continue to make changes to the software as new service guidelines come out from the regulatory bodies. They let you know as they are making major changes to the software. Their Online Help is also kept up to date to reflect any changes they are making to the software. There are step-by-step instructions on how to perform various tasks. They have monthly web trainings and refreshers, free of charge. There is also their annual AWARDS Expo. Many workshops are available to keep you informed and answer your questions, whether you are Line Staff, Manager, Administration, IT, or Executive. Staff are also on hand. I have recommended their software to anyone who has asked me about them.

Robert from Mental Health Association of Essex and Morris, Inc.

CEO

Our experience has been extremely positive. Awards has excellent utility, the implementation was outstanding and the ongoing support has been excellent.

Pros

It is easy to use and very accessible. Its works very well on our mobile tablets. The technical support is outstanding.

Cons

Frankly, in terms of our requirements it meets all our needs.

Holly from Fountain House

Awards for Your Data Storage

We can enter and store client (member) information and data and edit it efficiently. The use of extra keystrokes, however, makes it a bit tedious .

Pros

Cons

Sometimes there are many keystrokes that must be used, which can be cumbersome. I prefer Excel, actually.

Kevin from Lakeview Health Services

12+ Years

Lakeview has been using AWARDS for over 12 years and it has been instrumental in performing our daily documentation and functions. From the moment we signed on until now we have had the exact same Senior Project Manager, which helps tremendously in communication. With ever changing regulations Foothold has been able to adapt and grow with our needs as an organization. Highlights for us include the 24/7 Helpdesk allowing for quick resolutions to issues not found in their expansive online help menu. Meaningful Use Certification and HIPAA compliance are also big factors in choosing AWARDS. Lastly the ability to have a web based software allows for our staff to work on the road, and the addition of certified electronic signatures is pushing us to our goal of paperless electronic records.

James from YMCA of Greater New York

Overall satisfaction

The AWARDS product is excellent. It helps me immensely in data collection of vital information and ability to generate a variety of demographic and statistical reports for my program. The product is very user-friendly and with many important functionality. Greater customer service and competent support staff to assist with technical matters. I have nothing negative to share regarding my experience using the product since 2007.

March 2015

Tony from Rehabilitation Support Services, Inc.

Foothold Delivers

RSS has been a customer of Foothold Technology since 2008. Foothold delivers an efficient and cost effective product for a variety of program types. In today's ever changing landscape, an innovative and responsive vendor is imperative to the future success of all agencies.