All Duo Security Reviews

Matthew

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2022

Simplified Security

I enjoy the endpoint security perspective of the application coupled with the simplistic user interface - this is very good for non-tech users working remotely.

PROS

I like that Duo let's you know what might compromise your experience on a platform. It tells you to upgrade your android/iOS handset and gives a severity level. This is great from an endpoint security perspective.

CONS

At times - the app takes a little time to prompt the user that an attempt is being made. This may be a function of slow infrastructure, but it is hard to assess.

Jonathan

Photography, 1 employee

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed June 2023

J.L. Duo Security Review

Duo Security was the second-in-line when it came to authentication and data security for protecting my device's applications but really fell short when it came to the execution of its actual functionality when the time came. So, within the time period of installing and using the software, I soon uninstalled it in search of another software to satisfy my needs with less complications.

PROS

Duo Security's simplistic design format makes any user, including myself, notice any and every possible feature available and if unsure, can contact their support team who replies in a very short span of time.

CONS

There were times in the past where I would use Duo Security as a two-factor authentication system to login my Instagram account. However, on those times the code that would refresh every 30 seconds was always deemed incorrect. And so I would have to disable the software's functionality and risk my account security to simply login to Instagram.

Reasons for switching to Duo Security

Since most of my apllications were centered around using Google services, it only seemed fit to install and utilize another one of Google's software applications to protect the very data kept on their servers.

Krishna

Pharmaceuticals, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2020

Beware! Customer service has been non-existent following Cisco acquisition

PROS

We have used Duo for many years. It was easy to implement and has always worked well.

CONS

Last year we negotiated bulk pricing and paid in advance for a 14-month term. Later we discovered that they had never provisioned our licenses and were still billing our credit card. Now, four months later, after numerous phone calls and more than a dozen emails, they have still not provisioned the licenses we paid for. They have acknowledged that this is their mistake and they need to fix it, but they seem incapable of doing so. I get the sense that their organization is completely dysfunctional following the Cisco acquisition. Given that they cannot solve the challenge of "how does a customer purchase your software?", I am worried what might happen if you came to them with anything more difficult.

Lani

Telecommunications, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Duo security user's feedback

I have used this for years and it really helped us

PROS

Helping us login on our vpn since we need this to work

CONS

Sometimes the login of Duo doesnt work and it is frustrating

Juan

Outsourcing/Offshoring, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Security goes first

PROS

It's a great app for cybersecurity and authentications, also works in different platforms

CONS

So far, I have no cons with using the app.

Gordon

Banking, 201-500 employees

Reviewed July 2023

A well known muti-factor aunthentication Solution

Overall, Duo Security is one of those mandatory have solutions. In the world of today where security is a big concern, multi-factor authentication is essential.

PROS

We use Duo Security to login to almost all our cloud infrastructure platforms. It is simple and minimum set up is required for someone to get set up and start using. It provides a variety of authentication methods like one-time passwords, push notifications, SMS etc. My favourite authentication method is the approval methods by the mobile phone app. The way it works is that once you input your username and password, a prompt is then sent to your phone with two options, either approve or deny. It is only after selecting Approve that you are signed in. I like this method because it is the easiest to use of all the multi-factor authentication methods available for Duo Security. Another advantage of Duo Security is that it works with quite a number of platforms ranging from desktop services, cloud services and VPNs.Duo Security offers insightful analytics which helps you track the security of your platforms. Login attempts can be monitored, and potential security threats eliminated before they can cause any harm.

CONS

Duo Security is very much connectivity and mobile device dependent. This may not be accessible to everyone at any given time. Another limitation of Duo Security is that the mobile application is only accessible through certain phones with a certain a specific android version for Android Mobile Users. There is this one time when the application failed to install in one of my colleagues phone. They had to use their wife's phone for multi-factor authentication whenever they needed to login to a specific remote desktop.

Alex

Banking, 201-500 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Important to have.

Has been an excellent and smooth experience for me, it is easy to use and it gives me peace knowing that if someone wanted to use my credential i will be notify.

PROS

Mobile authentication is great, the pop up screen that just require accept once you are login in to the VPN is very efficient and easy to use.

CONS

When changing mobile device or phone number associated to the DUO it can be a nightmare doing the self service steps for people that are not computer savvy, within the organization has colleagues that do it very fast and some of them that hard to understand and follow the steps.

Reasons for switching to Duo Security

VPN changed due to client request.

Frida

Professional Training & Coaching, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Omnipresent tool. Gives the confidence needed.

Transforming. Am delighted to say that I can confidently work on my personal matters and responsibilities away from work rest assured that am safe.

PROS

What pushed me into using Duo Security is their trustworthy. It focuses on business protection and solutions leading to an overall best performance. I have enjoyed a user friendly dashboard. Very customizable features with secure multi-factor authentication solution. Deployment went well and didn't consume more time than expected.

CONS

With confidence, I salute Duo Security and highly suggest it to anyone. Let it do it for you. Always there for assistance. I have no cons.

Best tool for 2FA

PROS

Duo Security simplifies the implementation of two-factor authentication, enhancing security against unauthorized access. With a user-friendly interface and a variety of authentication methods, it offers flexibility and peace of mind for organizations seeking to bolster their security measures.

CONS

Occasional delays in the authentication process can be a minor inconvenience when using Duo Security.

1,001-5,000 employees

Duo Security

PROS

Easy and secure way to protect data. I like that I can manage it from my phone.

CONS

I do not have any negative experiences with Duo Security app.

Rilwan

Media Production, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2023

The right multi-factor authentication solution

PROS

As a result of the type of company we run, it is vital to incorporate multi factor authentication. The setup is easy, the platform works most of the time and the customer service is amazing as well.

CONS

So far, nothing that I can think of from using for over 1 year.

1 employee

Reviewed March 2023

"Streamline Your Security with Duo: The Ultimate Solution for Easy and Effective Protection"

PROS

Duo Security is a popular vendor that offers a cloud-based multifactor authentication (MFA) solution, which provides many benefits, such as:1. Strong Authentication: Duo Security provides strong authentication to secure access to your applications, devices, and data. Its MFA solution helps to ensure that only authorized users can access sensitive information, preventing unauthorized access.2. Easy Integration: Duo Security can easily integrate with a variety of applications, such as VPNs, cloud applications, and on-premise solutions. This makes it easy to add an extra layer of security to your existing IT infrastructure.3. User-Friendly: Duo Security is user-friendly and easy to use. It offers a range of authentication methods, including push notifications, SMS, phone call, and biometrics, making it convenient for users to access their accounts.4. Comprehensive Dashboard: Duo Security offers a comprehensive dashboard that allows you to monitor and manage authentication events, track device compliance, and gain insights into your security posture.5. Security Features: Duo Security offers several security features, such as device visibility and control, policy enforcement, and adaptive access policies. These features help to ensure that your organization's security policies are enforced, and only authorized users can access sensitive information.

CONS

Some potential cons of Duo Security may include:1. Cost: Some users may find the cost of Duo Security to be higher than other security solutions in the market.2. Integration: While Duo Security integrates with many applications and platforms, some users may experience difficulties in integrating with specific systems or may require additional configuration to work effectively.3. User Interface: Some users may find the Duo Security user interface to be confusing or not as intuitive as other security solutions they have used in the past.4. Customer Support: Some users have reported experiencing slow response times or limited support options from Duo Security's customer support team.

Wendy

Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed February 2022

A must have for security and log in authentication

Definitely very satisfied with it. It is a very universal and must needed tool for companies to use at work to ensure their log ins do not get hacked by other people as the notification is sent directly to you and no one else. It is very user friendly and very straight forward. A must download!

PROS

I use this daily at work when I log into my work email and work related websites. It is a very handy program (I download the app onto my phone) and whenever I log in, it would send a ping to my app on my phone which I then use to approve the log in, and then it allows me to log in. This is a sure way to prevent others from hacking into your log and ensures the highest level of security. All the employees at my company/hospital use it and we all highly recommend it! It is very straightforward and very easy to use!

CONS

None whatsoever, the program is so user friendly and very straightforward. Definitely a must have for security use for logging in at work or public computers.

Mirza

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2020

Duo is the best & free two factor authentication you could use

Very easy to use and integrate into daily life. Makes me have peace of mind that no one can hack into any of my accounts. Even if they try to login, I can simply deny their login request. I have been using this for almost two years now, never encountered a problem.

PROS

The ease of use is the best feature. It is simple to operate and makes logins more secure. You can easily link your google account or your bank account from the link option available. To login you can choose to receive a call, or a push notification (phone internet connectivity required) or enter a passcode (provided by the duo app). You also have the option to remember your device for a maximum of 60 days. You can still login if you don't have internet connectivity on you phone by using the "enter passcode option" or simply receiving a conformation call to you phone. And that is pretty much all you need!

CONS

There is nothing to dislike about this software. Although, I would like to point out that you have to be careful of not giving your phone to anyone. Just don't lose your phone.

Reviewed March 2023

Does exactly what it does!

Really, my experience is very positive. When I am disappointed, it is usually because it work well All The Time so I expect to be perfect, but perfect it a high bar to set for anything. I use three different Dual Auth apps and three physical tokens for different applications and Duo it in the top two in terms for favorite in ease to use.

PROS

The PUSH to mobile functionality is just about as easy to use as you can get. Also, I can use the same app for different authentication of different unrelated systems.

CONS

The Duo PUSH does not ALWAYS work 100% of the time, but does work 90%. Usually when inside or around electronics, but that is to be expected like with text messages or regular phone calls.

Juliette

Education Management, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed August 2021

Review from Student

Good experience overall, and it is not a hassle to use Duo. I have heard very few complaints from other students and colleagues at my university.

PROS

Duo makes it very easy for me to log-on to my student account at my university. I like how it is intuitive to use on iPhone especially, and it gives me the option to call or text my phone. I rarely use the "call" feature, however, because I am always using wifi. The Duo Security app pops up immediately, and I am able to approve the request quickly from my phone. I feel very secure with this software, especially since the pin changes every few seconds.

CONS

I don't always have my phone with me, which makes it impossible to log in. I wish there was a feature where I could receive an email instead of a call or a text on Duo. I have not seen this feature at all, but it would make my life easier.

Reviewed April 2020

Increase the security of your accounts

I like to app and I recommend it to anyone who wants to increase the security of the accounts.

PROS

It has been three years that I'm using Duo. This is the app that my university has decided to use to increase the security of accounts of faculties and students. I feel secure when I use the app. You can use several options for second authorization. it can send a push message to your mobile, you can enter a passcode, which is great. In addition, it does not take too much time to confirm the authorization.

CONS

I think it is a nice app. But I think if it had some other options to log in, that would be great. I myself prefer receiving a passcode in my email rather than using my cell phone all the time. All in all, I think if they work on the app and improve some sections, it would get better and better.

1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed May 2021

Secure but Time-Sensitive

PROS

I use Duo on a daily basis to login to my company's VPN and again for internal company resources. Once it's setup it's pretty easy to use. I appreciate that it syncs with my phone so I can just click a button on my phone to ensure it is me.

CONS

I have to login to Duo twice a day and I usually do it at the same time. If I do them too closely together, one of them will say it timed out and I have to start the process all over. If I close all of my internet windows, I have to re-certify everything again so that can be annoying. Also, I purchased a new cell phone after several months of using Duo. It did not recognize my new phone and kept sending my codes to my old phone. It was a frustrating process to reconfigure everything to log on for work. On top of that, I don't love that I have to use my personal device to log on to my work device. It's another app that takes up space on my personal phone.

Gabriel

Computer Software, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2023

Duo Review

Overall Dou mobile does a great job at storing access codes and having easy access to them.

PROS

The product is very simple and easy to use. After the one-time setup to any 2fa-enabled website or application, you only copy the access code and you're in. The implementation with Canvas, which Oregon State University requires, is seamless. After inserting the university's login information, a notification is sent to the device of preference. You only have to click a button and you're in. This one-click access is dependent to applications that support it, otherwise a copied code is required.

CONS

For mobile application: The only concern is the application doe not have the ability to enable lock, such as FaceID or fingerprint. Therefore, other individuals could access those codes if the phone is unlocked.

5,001-10,000 employees