Browse Duo Security Reviews

Gayan from Virtusa Corporation

Hassle free two-factor authenticator

Pros

Regardless of the technology or platform which are targeting to integrate the multi-factor authentication Duo Security provides the flexibility to integrate with the largely used identity platforms/providers. The use of the app is very easy and convenient with the enablement of biometric authentication. For the authorization process, it takes just one click. The app is that user-friendly. Not like other application available Duo is really easy to use and integrate.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of that I like least.

Reasons for Switching to Duo Security

Difficult to integrate and required so many configurations to set it up correctly.

Daniel from Brigham Young University

It's all about security

Overall, Duo gives me peace of mind knowing that I am the only one that can access my personal data base from log ins and websites. I like knowing that I can approve or reject any log ins from the commodity of my phone.

Pros

Duo is a great option to keep your personal information secured. I like that it requests security validation before logging into websites, and that you have the option to use the app to sign in to any device with a few taps. It is easy to use once everything has been set up correctly.

Cons

It can be hard to understand at first, and it might seem a little annoying to have to confirm you are the one logging into your websites every time, but it gets easier if you have the app. Another thing Duo could improve on is the fact that it only lets you "remember" one device at a time. Sometimes I need to log in from my work laptop or my personal laptop and it becomes tedious to remember which device I have registered.

Stephen from Datadog

Security to fill a gap, but not comprehensive offering

Duo Security is a strong SaaS product to fill the very specific infrastructure gap of 2-factor authentication for infrastructure.

Pros

Duo Security is a great product to fill a very specific gap in infrastructure security, specifically for SSH management. For requirements for 2-factor authentication for SSH, Duo is quick to implement

Cons

Duo is difficult to enroll users with, which creates a significantly higher administrative overhead than other options. There are also significantly more delays in the Duo pushed-based notification systems (depending on the user and their network, etc.), which can cause issues for users authenticating.

Reasons for Choosing Duo Security

G Suite SAML login was more difficult to implement in very specific situations than simply purchasing Duo. In the future, the goal is to move to a more BeyondCorp style model where each specific application can use SAML and not rely on Duo

Maritza from CSUF

Security at your fingertips... Literally!

Duo has helped me meet my university single sign on security requirement for access to my account. I especially appreciate that I can use Duo with multiple accounts at once. That feature has been the best because I didn't actually have to set up anything new.

Pros

This product keeps your accounts safe and secure. With increasing use of single sign on for workplace accounts, Duo has been useful in providing the multifactor authentication my university requires in order to access my account. One benefit has been the ability to use Duo for security authentication with two additional accounts. Having one program to help manage access has been critical. It's easy to use, once you have made the initial installation, and provides secure authentication with the simple selection of "approve" or "deny" from the notification message itself.

Cons

The initial integration was a bit counterintuitive. Maybe it was that I was new, but once I got over that initial hurdle, it was great.

Krishna from Collaborative Drug Discovery, Inc.

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Beware! Customer service has been non-existent following Cisco acquisition

Pros

We have used Duo for many years. It was easy to implement and has always worked well.

Cons

Last year we negotiated bulk pricing and paid in advance for a 14-month term. Later we discovered that they had never provisioned our licenses and were still billing our credit card. Now, four months later, after numerous phone calls and more than a dozen emails, they have still not provisioned the licenses we paid for. They have acknowledged that this is their mistake and they need to fix it, but they seem incapable of doing so. I get the sense that their organization is completely dysfunctional following the Cisco acquisition. Given that they cannot solve the challenge of "how does a customer purchase your software?", I am worried what might happen if you came to them with anything more difficult.

Delaney from Finderson Law LLC

Good Protection, Occasionally Frustrating

Duo makes your information safer, and it does help make you feel more comfortable with the information you have online, but it does have flaws and takes time to fully complete the authentication process that is not there otherwise.

Pros

Duo security is an app on your phone and a computer program, so it is versatile and helpful in protecting your passwords and various accounts. In school, it is a great way to protect tuition information, grades, and various other lovely stuff we do not want people to know.

Cons

The app can sometimes lose connection with the cloud, so an authentication won't go through, or there can be issues where the app does not receive a push or a request. This can be difficult as there is no direct way to troubleshoot, you just have to restart the process.

Excellent platform with multi-factor authentication and zero-trust

The experience with DUO is very good, we have applied it to access sensitive company information, thus preserving the integrity of the business, preventing that information from leaking or being accessed by people who do not correspond.

Pros

The best thing about DUO is the possibility it gives you to define different access policies depending on the users, devices, where it is located and other contextual factors. It is really very granular the way it can be applied.

Cons

It is very important to define well the policy that you want to use at the Managerial level, because this will define the time necessary for the first load of user information in DUO to later be used as a double authentication factor; which can be very tedious and unfriendly.

December 2021

Handy tool but could be more user friendly

Overall I'm satisfied with Duo Security and appreciate its versatility and reliability in multi-factor authentication. Thank you!

Pros

I like the most how the usual workflow of Duo Security is secure, reliable, and relatively easy to use. In the 4 years I've been using Duo Security, I never had a random issue or bug coming up, which is really great.

Cons

I like the least that setting up a new device or authenticating without downloading the app is a hassle. It'd be great if text messaging for verification is enabled in addition to calling the phone. It'd also be helpful if the team could shorten the steps needed for registering a new device.

Rachel from University of Virginia

Duo Security is good for authentication purposes

Pros

I definitely think my university account is extremely secure ever since my school integrated use of Duo Security. It's helpful using the mobile app because I don't have to open the internet every single time I need authentication. If a random person tried to get into my account, I'd get notified by the app and I could deny them access! Or, if I am trying to get in, it's a single easy click to let myself in. I definitely think this should be used for things like banking accounts for authentication purposes. It's great to increase security on accounts.

Cons

Authentication itself is just kind of a pain. Sometimes having to go grab my phone just to get into my account is annoying! I wonder if there'd be a way to avoid this, such as to download it as an app on a computer and authenticate that way?

Hannah from University of North Carolina

Versatile and Secure

I feel much more secure with many of my accounts. It provides as overall sense of ease and security.

Pros

Duo security has an easy to use app that can serve as a two-factor identification hub for many types of accounts. I find it especially useful for protecting email and bank accounts. The push notifications are convenient for managing login in attempts and ensuring accounts are not compromised.

Cons

Sometimes the notifications are not immediate, and the login in attempt can time out. The software doesn't function well if network connection is poor.

Samantha from McMahan, Thomson & Associates, PC

Works Well

Duo security works perfectly to add additional security to our login process.

Pros

I like the simplicity of the multifactor authentication process. It was easy to deploy on our phones and works perfectly each day.

Cons

I do not have any cons to list. This product functions as it should and does the job. Compared to the product that we switched from though, I do feel that DUO provides less security.

Reasons for Switching to Duo Security

Our IT company made the switch with all of their clients. Duo cost less and is simpler to use; however, I do feel that RSA provided better security.

Jiabao from Univeristy of Sheffeild

Industry: Biotechnology

December 2021

A great key for internet account

Pros

Our school uses it to help us manage account security. Before using it, it is easy for others to automatically log in to our school account through web memory. But now using DUO, online accounts seem to be more secure

Cons

I did not find any shortcomings. But sometimes it is difficult to get the verification code or receive verification due to the bad mobile phone signal

Ian from Cardium Outsourcing Ltd

Industry: Computer Networking

very well managed service

The software is great but we have to handhold customers a bit in managing the role out of it

Pros

we deploy this for customers and are very impressed with the range od documentation and user guides Duo make available. Duo are very proactive about any outages or issues on their network and seem to resolve these quickly. none have directly affected us

Cons

It is slightly expensive, well its not but customers perceive it to be as we have to recharge the licence but they are used to 2FA for free with other services. It's actually reasonable for what it is.

Casey from University of Rochester

Secure access

Duo is my organization's security program for two-factor authentication. I've never experienced any security or access issues with Duo and plan to continue using this platform for the foreseeable future.

Pros

I have the Duo App on my phone and it provides super simple two-factor authentication for remote access or when logging into secure sites.

Cons

It can be a little confusing trying to understand after first how Duo works, but once you've used it a few times, it becomes a seamless process.

Kristin from ABH

Duo is fantastic!

Overall I would highly recommend the product from a user standpoint, this is a easy and fast way to get the users logged in and getting started! They are link right up through the phone and mobile connected in seconds! Highly Recommended 10/10

Pros

I use the mobile authentication everyday; super easy and super fast! Works great with both iPhone and Android! Syncs very quickly and allows me to sign in no problem on the computer with in seconds

Cons

I do not really have any cons for this system, granted I only use it for mobile authentication into the secure environment, Authentication into the Zscaler & network- but works great! The only thing I can really think that would be better and it likely a setting issue I do not have access to is how long before you need to "re-authenticate"

Jotish from INCONEK

IAM made Easy

Besides the ordering part, its a great, yet simple to use, Security solution.

Pros

The Simplicity of it all. The User Interface is so slick. Quick QR code scan and the ease of integration to so many online services.

Cons

The acquisition of Duo by Cisco still need some fine tuning on the integration part. Some ordering is made online and some through Cisco Commerce but there can be no hybrid and thats a bummer.

Reasons for Choosing Duo Security

Simplicity and the added features.

Kleo from University of York

Industry: Chemicals

Simple reliable tool for multi factor identification

Pros

Easy to use with the mobile app and very quick to respond

Cons

No significant downsides, more security means slightly more hassle but worthy tradeoff here I believe

Christopher from San Diego Regional Center

Straightforward, user friendly, enhanced security

It's been great! Our agency recently adopted it and we've had few and fewer reports about issues with the product. I genuinely enjoy getting the push notifications upon sign in and overall feel more secure about accessing my company's network.

Pros

The push notifications. I was expecting the additional layer of security to be obnoxious and cumbersome, but it's not at all. Sign in, get a push notification (which can be responded to on your Smart Watch) verifying it's you and you're good to go. Installation was also super simple so I didn't really lose any time getting setup.

Cons

If you're busy using another app on your linked device, you can potentially miss the notification, but I think that has more to do with my device than Duo.

Emoniel from Legacy

Duo Security Review

Very quick and efficient way to have multi-factor authentication to ensure security, which is an absolute must in HIPAA-compliant patient care.

Pros

It integrates extremely easily with the other software we use. Rapid response times.

Cons

Nothing really, once you get set up it never gives you any problems.

Two-Factor Excellence

Duo Security has allowed to me improve my cyber security presences in a world that is ever more dangerous for the everyday computer user.

Pros

Duo Security software is very effective at sending two-factor authentication pushes to my cell phone and allowing me to avoid cumbersome text message codes to enter into logins.

Cons

The one down side of Duo Security software is that if you cell phone runs out of battery or if your cell phone encounters technical problems than you will have quite the problem logging onto your desired platform.

Andrey from Cosumnes River College

MFA all the things

I have had no issues from the enrollment process through just under one year of use.

Pros

Duo Security is easy to use and provides a second layer of security for all my accounts when implemented properly. The iPhone app works consistently, and there is even an Apple Watch app that allows me to approve login requests from my wrist.

Cons

Poorly implemented instances of Duo Security create a challenge for users who are frustrated with the application rather than the implementation team. Reading the reviews on the App Store for this app would make it sound like it's the worst thing ever.

Barry from Monterey Technology Group, Inc.

Duo Security - Easiest DFA hands down

We love Duo Security. The implementation on our remote servers and web servers gives us piece of mind knowing that our important infrastructure is secured with DFA/2FA (Dual or two factor authentication). It's very easy to setup DFA on a remote server which is good too.

Pros

I like the integration with mobile and smart watches. I use Duo on a daily basis to login in to servers and online services. What I love the most is that as long as I'm wearing my smart watch I can approve logins directly from it. No passwords, no pins, biometrics needed. The authentication push is instantaneous which keeps the login on the target device/service from timing out.

Cons

What I like least is the quality of the hardware tokens. They don't seem to last very long (less than 1 year) and have to resync'd once or twice annually. For me this is no longer an issue because I authenticate using mobile or smart watch pushes. It would be nice to know that if my watch or phone were to die that the token is always reliable.

Pricing

Kalin from Health, Wellness & Fitness

Great Security Software

Overall I have found Duo to be a great method for securing my data and private accounts. It has allowed me to make sure that sensitive information stays safe and away from prying eyes. It also gives me a sense of security financially, as some of my accounts secured by Duo are linked to payment portals.

Pros

Duo is a great way to ensure that your electronic information and accounts are secure. I have used it as a student and I have found that it is reliable and provides peace of mind. It provides a dual authentication process so that no one can access my accounts but me. I like that any attempt to login to an account sends a notification instantly to my personal cell phone, allowing me to approve or deny access.

Cons

I have experienced a few technical bugs with the software in my time using it, though they are relatively infrequent. There are times when Duo will push a login approval to my phone and then fail to allow me to log in to my profile even though I have accepted the push. It can also be confusing trying to figure out how to change settings with Duo. For example, if you have set the software to preferentially send an automatic push upon requesting login, it can be difficult to change that setting. There could be a little more clear direction regarding that process from Duo.

John from NETSCOUT

Two-factor authentication that just works!

Our organization has been using Duo Security two-factor authentication for years. The entire solution is incredibly reliable. The mobile app works great and is very easy to use. End-users can quickly and easily enroll their own devices via a self-service portal. This is very convenient whenever you get a new phone. Approval notifications can also be sent via phone, text or push. Push notifications are also supported on the Apple Watch. Although it's rarely needed, online support documentation is very robust. The best thing about Duo Security is...it just works, every time.

Pros

- User-friendly self-service portal for new device enrollment and management - New account setup is easily done via scanning a QR code - Multiple options for approval codes or notifications including phone, text or push (includes Apple Watch) - Push notifications can be approved directly from the iOS lock screen - Approval is also compatible with Face ID on iOS devices - One-time bypass codes can be used for lost devices or temporary access - Support for Universal 2nd Factor (U2F) security tokens - Great online support and documentation library - Flexible subscription plans with affordable pricing

Cons

When using an outdated version of the app, iOS push notifications just stop working without any error message or notification

Carlos from GCS Technologies, Inc

Amazing Two-Factor Authenticator

Great experience, user friendly and having this installed as an app on your Smartphone and not a physical key is amazing!

Pros

You get push notifications instantly, and you don't even need to get into the app, it can display a notification in your notifications bar (Android User) and you can approve/deny from there. Also, if by mistake you deny the login attempt, it gives you a "second chance" to get into the app itself and approve it.

Cons

Nothing to complain about this as of now, I was an RSA SecurID user and having to carry that small key was a nightmare. One thing I'd like is to get Duo Security for Windows, I work remotely and I could have that installed on my home's PC. What if I get my phone stolen and unable to buy a new one???

Reasons for Switching to Duo Security

Nothing, I work for another company now

Mirza from Texas A&M University

Duo is the best & free two factor authentication you could use

Very easy to use and integrate into daily life. Makes me have peace of mind that no one can hack into any of my accounts. Even if they try to login, I can simply deny their login request. I have been using this for almost two years now, never encountered a problem.

Pros

The ease of use is the best feature. It is simple to operate and makes logins more secure. You can easily link your google account or your bank account from the link option available. To login you can choose to receive a call, or a push notification (phone internet connectivity required) or enter a passcode (provided by the duo app). You also have the option to remember your device for a maximum of 60 days. You can still login if you don't have internet connectivity on you phone by using the "enter passcode option" or simply receiving a conformation call to you phone. And that is pretty much all you need!

Cons

There is nothing to dislike about this software. Although, I would like to point out that you have to be careful of not giving your phone to anyone. Just don't lose your phone.

Cory from AAA

Industry: Law Practice

Easy to Use and Effective

I am able to log in remotely and do my work from home, which has been very important with the pandemic.

Pros

It is very easy to go to the app and generate a code on my device that I can then type into my login screen for my work laptop. Within seconds, I'm able to securely log into my system and be connected remotely. It is much more user-friendly and hassle-free than the last software we used for it.

Cons

I don't have anything specifically bad to say about this software . It does what I need it to do and it hasn't caused any issues.

Juliette from University

Review from Student

Good experience overall, and it is not a hassle to use Duo. I have heard very few complaints from other students and colleagues at my university.

Pros

Duo makes it very easy for me to log-on to my student account at my university. I like how it is intuitive to use on iPhone especially, and it gives me the option to call or text my phone. I rarely use the "call" feature, however, because I am always using wifi. The Duo Security app pops up immediately, and I am able to approve the request quickly from my phone. I feel very secure with this software, especially since the pin changes every few seconds.

Cons

I don't always have my phone with me, which makes it impossible to log in. I wish there was a feature where I could receive an email instead of a call or a text on Duo. I have not seen this feature at all, but it would make my life easier.

Alec from Analog Devices, Inc.

Industry: Semiconductors

Duo is a standard and effective tool for secure access

Duo security is my main program for two factor authentication, and I will continue to use it for this! I like how simple and easy to use it is, and I am thankful that I can trust this program to help secure my accounts.

Pros

I like how simple and straightforward Duo is as a tool -- when I need to connect to a program requiring two factor authentication, I can simply attempt the login and Duo prompts me via my phone, which I can then authorize. I like how simple and straightforward this tool is, and I am grateful that it helps me secure access to my private accounts.

Cons

What I like least about Duo is how limited the features are of this tool. Sometimes I need to connect to an account using Duo but don't have internet on my phone, and I wish Duo provided alternatives for authentication via computer or phone, but this program lacks these features.

Best Two Factor Identification App

Pros

I have used Duo for Two Factor Identification Security at two different employers so far in my career. It is such an easy to use, efficient and effective application. It eliminates the need to keep track of external network keys, passwords, and other redundant programs. I feel safe and secure with Duo Two Factor Identification because it requires both my phone and fingerprint in order to gain access to protected software.

Cons

Earlier this year I had to replace my iPhone and after I restored my new device from backup my Duo Two Vactor Identification was no longer linked. To my surprise, It took several hours to restore and reset my security settings at work the next morning. Although the Duo reset was quite inconvenient for me that day, restoring software is both an infrequent and uncommon occurrence for me.

Increase the security of your accounts

I like to app and I recommend it to anyone who wants to increase the security of the accounts.

Pros

It has been three years that I'm using Duo. This is the app that my university has decided to use to increase the security of accounts of faculties and students. I feel secure when I use the app. You can use several options for second authorization. it can send a push message to your mobile, you can enter a passcode, which is great. In addition, it does not take too much time to confirm the authorization.

Cons

I think it is a nice app. But I think if it had some other options to log in, that would be great. I myself prefer receiving a passcode in my email rather than using my cell phone all the time. All in all, I think if they work on the app and improve some sections, it would get better and better.

Cleydson from FAI

Works well the best I've ever downloaded

Duo is a product that gives me peace of mind, I am sure because I know that I am the only one who can access my personal data through login or websites.

Pros

In fact, Duo Security, give me a lot of security to work the only one who can access my base without restrictions and without any kind of problems, and a wonderful product, I like using it more, very good to know that I can count on you this software for any type of safe and effective work.

Cons

It could be more practical, I didn't need to confirm every time you enter a Sait, so it gets a little tiring and a little difficult for those who are beginners. The Duo could improve in the following way, not asking for a reminder every time you log in to your device. "Remember" a device, so that personal work is not so exhausting

Scott from Cru

An added layer of security when working remotely

Duo Security offers us the ability to work away from the office with minimal fear of having sensitive material exposed to unauthorized users. Working from home is often essential, so I'm glad we have Duo Security to help make it possible.

Pros

Duo Security effectively enables users to securely access their organization's network. Once you've signed in on your computer, a push notification is sent to your smartphone. Just click to approve it, and you are securely connected to the network. An unauthorized user would be unable to gain access without having possession of your phone. I appreciate that it's generally a quick, no-hassle process; signing in takes only a few seconds.

Cons

Occasionally it takes a couple of attempts to sign in to the network. Additionally, it can be inconvenient to need to have your phone handy whenever you sign in. I've had my phone charging in another room when I realize I have to go get it in order to sign in.

Secure but Time-Sensitive

Pros

I use Duo on a daily basis to login to my company's VPN and again for internal company resources. Once it's setup it's pretty easy to use. I appreciate that it syncs with my phone so I can just click a button on my phone to ensure it is me.

Cons

I have to login to Duo twice a day and I usually do it at the same time. If I do them too closely together, one of them will say it timed out and I have to start the process all over. If I close all of my internet windows, I have to re-certify everything again so that can be annoying. Also, I purchased a new cell phone after several months of using Duo. It did not recognize my new phone and kept sending my codes to my old phone. It was a frustrating process to reconfigure everything to log on for work. On top of that, I don't love that I have to use my personal device to log on to my work device. It's another app that takes up space on my personal phone.

Anindita from University of Michigan

Industry: Research

Duo Security is important

Pros

I have been introduced to Duo security the last year. The institute I am affiliated to insists on using the Duo security for access to emails and other sensitive data. Initially, I used to feel it is a little out of the way effort to have a two-factor authentication via Duo Security. But lately, I have it is a rather important safeguard for sensitive data, emails, etc. It adds another level of protection. With technological advancement stealing important information from the internet is a child's play. Using Duo security gives the users benefit of knowing when their emails or secured accounts are accessed (at least it does that for me). Besides, two-factor authentication allows me to restrict suspicious users from logging on.

Cons

Don't know but can the Duo also work by pushing login request via email? That would mean I wouldn't need to have my mobile phone next to me 24x7.

Easy Two-Factor Authentication

Duo Security would be in my list of top-ten "essential" apps for smart devices.

Pros

My employer uses Duo Security for two-factor authentication when logging into HR-related software or, more recently, Covid-testing & compliance. Two-factor authentication is the gold standard for login security. Duo mobile immediately sends a push to my smart device (phone, watch, etc.) where I approve the login request. I am consistently amazed at the speed of two-factor authentication; as soon as I approve the login, Duo confirms and logs me in. It makes two-factor authentication nearly effortless.

Cons

Those using multiple accounts for multiple employers may have to shuffle with the software a bit, but it is nothing overwhelming.

2FA For the Enterprise

We wanted a 2FA solution for our VPN and password management solutions. Duo integrates with both. We also needed a 2FA solution that can be used by a wide variety of users. We have many remote users so being able to authenticate via app, text, or phone call makes it easy for all of our users to gain access in a way that is secure and available to them.

Pros

Duo has made it easy for our company to use 2FA across several of our services. It's easy to implement and easy to manage. Duo integrates easily with 3rd party applications and services. Users can use multiple ways to authenticate to Duo.

Cons

Push notifications to Cellphones can be spotty if a user has poor cell reception. Not necessarily a failure on Duo's part but it should be considered if you are going to use the App Push for authentication.

Tara from Virginia Tech

Work safely from home with Duo

Overall my experience with Duo Security has been positive. Working with 3 different agencies that use Duo, I have not experienced any negative issues.

Pros

Working with highly sensitive personal data, we require the highest protection and security when working in office and working remotely from home. Integrating Duo with VPN has helped us confidently connect to our shared documentation. The 2-factor authentication helps lower risk of data breaches but verifying identity of the user. Duo is also used while in office to again confirm identity before allowing access to a vast amount of sensitive data.

Cons

I have not yet experienced issues with Duo and continue to use it daily as I am currently working remotely.

Easy in practice, maybe a little pricey

Support is good. New features are rolled out occasionally, so being an admin it is a good idea to keep up-to-date about it.

Pros

Working on the end-user side of things is very easy. Just "allow" a login, no hassle with codes. Also having the (Apple) Watch app available means users always have a device very near. On the admin side of things the configurability is impressive. We are running a sync with or AD so provisioning users is automatic.

Cons

It is a bit pricey as ie.e Azure MFA does most of the things as part of the EMS bundle (so if you have that, that is an option). Also on the end-user side, I find the Apple Watch is a little lagging (couple of seconds). Not a big issue, but a little annoying sometimes.

Duo Security will make your account secure

I started using Duo Security since 2017 when I started working as graduate assistant. The app had allowed me to make sure that my account at my job is secure and no one can easily access to my account without an approval on my phone. If you are using this app, you don't have to call or text your number to access to your account. You just press the push button and approve it from your phone and access to your account.

Pros

The app is very functional and easy to use. It makes the users to secure their accounts and make sure that no one can easily login to their account.

Cons

You should make sure that your phone has sufficient battery. If your phone battery dies, you might not be able to access your account on your computer. The slight side effect of using this app is that you just have to have an open phone.

Lightweight, High-Security MFA App

I've really enjoyed using Duo. It quickly became a seamless part of my daily workflow across my organizations single sign-on process in a variety of programs and applications.

Pros

Our organization implemented Duo for its organization-wide single sign-on multi-factor authentication program in the last year or two. The process of signing up for my account was simple, and since starting, I've almost stopped noticing that I use it. I have it set up to ping my watch to get approval when signing in, but users are able to get phone calls, text messages, or a mobile notification through their app. These options make it flexible enough for users that may not have a smart device, etc.

Cons

Unlike other MFA apps, this does not have an Authenticator feature or any other frills. Admittedly, this isn't a problem – Duo does what it does and does it well without any excess!

Jane from Gravity Station

Best thing I ever did for securing my website

Ever since I've started using DuoSecurity to access my website admin interface, I haven't had any breaches in security and I feel safer knowing that hackers can't access my website easily. I've been using DuoSecurity for several years now and offer it as part of my Security Packages when I launch a client's website, because it's a quick setup and for ease of mind. I use an app on my iPhone that sends me a notification when I go to log in to my site, allowing me to "Approve" or "Disapprove" access to the site's admin interface easily. I also use it to access other accounts online that allow for a Code to be entered, giving me that piece of mind that my personal information is secure. Highly recommended!

Pros

Security Features, Ease of Use, Apps

Cons

Their website is not easy to use because there are so many features available, which might be overwhelming to someone not familiar with it

Jen from Harvard Student Agencies

Duo helps us to maintain a secure login to our sites. We use it to access payroll information, reports, our shared drive, and other things you want extra security around.

Pros

I like the fact the fact that Duo is so easy to use. You can it up to verify in different ways - through an app, a call, or email. I sue the app which I love. A simple swipe and accept and you are in your site securely. For computers that are secure and you use regularly you can have it remember you for 30 days which is very convenient for sites you use multiple times a day.

Cons

I really don't have any complains about the software. It works great for my purposes. The only thing I have heard people complain about is just two step verification in general.

1-click for Two-Factor Authentification

Pros

I have been an end user of Duo Security for the last 2 years, and I think that this is the best software for 2-factor authentification. The Duo App has a simply designed platform. When we sign into the website that requires authentification, we can just type a passcode provided by Duo App on the website or click an authentification request given by Duo App. Yes, it is that easy with Duo.

Cons

Setting up the Duo from the scratch can be challenging to some people who are not familiar with two-factor authentification. It is important for organizations or companies to provide a step-by-step installation procedure to users before they start using Duo as their sole authentification method.

Jeff from University of Nebraska at Omaha

Great for keeping you secure

My institution uses it to keep our information secure and it does a great job of keeping it secure.

Pros

Duo is used by my institution to keep our information safe. We use the DUO factor login and it is easy to set up and to use. You download an app on your phone and it will call/text/ or send a push notification when you login to your website. It works seamlessly and never seems to have a problem.

Cons

It can be a bit of a pain when you leave your phone in your office or somewhere else and then go to login to a company site that needs the authentication with DUO. You can't login with out your phone and it can end up being a hassle. But, it does keep your information secure.

Good

Pros

I use Duo Security as a part of dual verification sign-in process for university. The phone app was initially difficult to set up and I actually gave up at one point, but once it was on my phone it has been no issues. (I've actually installed and verified a few phones and it always a hassle..) The three options for verifying identify is convenient - call, message, or notification. I generally use notification, but have used call when I had poor cell service. The notification is handy because I do not have to unlock my phone and the notification disappears after you approve the log-in. The time out feature is meant to keep your account secure but can be an issue if you don't have your phone close by/ don't approve in time.

Cons

Selecting "Stay logged in for 7 days" only works sometimes for some reason.

Tara from Ksu

DUO for Work and Students

It is very easy to use. I have not had any issues using it or getting connected.

Pros

Working in Higher Ed and files and documents for the students needs to be secure. I appreciate the ease and use of DUO. Having dual authentication to log into email and software gives me the assurance that it will not be easy for someone to pick up a phone to access personal files, but has to have access to another device to authenticate the login.

Cons

Everytime I log into my email, I have to wait for the pop up to authenticate the DUO screen to access my mail. Sometimes my phone is not near me and I have to stop what I am doing to log in to the email or other campus software.

Forrest from University of Utah

Simple and Fast Two-factor Authentication

Some of the websites I use require two-factor authentication to add security. DUO is the fastest and easiest way for users to authenticate.

Pros

While some users find two-factor authentication tedious, DUO makes the process extremely fast. The phone app seamlessly syncs with any website requiring two-factor authentication. It combines a high level of security with ease and speed that I was looking for in a two-factor security system.

Cons

There are some websites that when accessed through a mobile device, are unable to fully load the DUO push notification request page and disallow the website's access sometimes. This may be the responsibility of the website, but since the DUO page will sometimes not load, it prohibits the use of certain websites that require two-factor authentication when on a mobile device.

Simple dual-factor authentication for university

Overall, the benefits of Duo Security outweigh the inconveniences, which are small. I use it as a graduate student to protect my employment information.

Pros

Duo Security is generally very simple to use with a smartphone. When WiFi is available, it's as simple as pulling out my phone and accepting a push notification. It gives me peace of mind that my account is more secure.

Cons

When your phone isn't getting good WiFi, Duo gets a little tedious. I don't store the app on my main screen, so I have to go into a back folder and find a code to enter in. I also would prefer to have permanent access if I okay it, rather than having to update access every 30 days.

Jared from University of Texas

Duo Security User Review

Duo security helps me keep my information secure and safe by creating a simple and user-friendly two device authentication process for accessing information.

Pros

My favorite part about the software is its ability to connect with my apple watch so that I can quickly approve login requests and access confidential personal information. The two-factor authentication process keeps me at ease about this information remaining secure.

Cons

My least favorite thing about Duo is that sometimes there is a delay on the push notification being sent to my phone. I occasionally experience some lag time and wish I could authorize my account faster.