• Pros

• "It does a really great job at keeping security, it almost kept me out of my own accounts for a while when I switched devices! "

• "It loads quickly and makes logging into work a breeze. I love the three different options it provides us for logging in as well. "

• "I use this everyday to login to the university VPN. it works our really well and is convenient. i can use this at ariports and other locations as well. One of the best products"

• Cons

• "Although I understand it is a good security check, it sometimes can be annoying having to pass through the same check-in multiple times even in a day."

• "Set up at first can be tricky, but once it's done you don't have to worry about that."

• "Maybe it's the settings, but it feels like I need to re-sign in a bunch of times but it's easy with the push notifications."

Browse Duo Security Reviews

Daniel from Brigham Young University

It's all about security

Overall, Duo gives me peace of mind knowing that I am the only one that can access my personal data base from log ins and websites. I like knowing that I can approve or reject any log ins from the commodity of my phone.

Pros

Duo is a great option to keep your personal information secured. I like that it requests security validation before logging into websites, and that you have the option to use the app to sign in to any device with a few taps. It is easy to use once everything has been set up correctly.

Cons

It can be hard to understand at first, and it might seem a little annoying to have to confirm you are the one logging into your websites every time, but it gets easier if you have the app. Another thing Duo could improve on is the fact that it only lets you "remember" one device at a time. Sometimes I need to log in from my work laptop or my personal laptop and it becomes tedious to remember which device I have registered.

Scott from Cru

An added layer of security when working remotely

Duo Security offers us the ability to work away from the office with minimal fear of having sensitive material exposed to unauthorized users. Working from home is often essential, so I'm glad we have Duo Security to help make it possible.

Pros

Duo Security effectively enables users to securely access their organization's network. Once you've signed in on your computer, a push notification is sent to your smartphone. Just click to approve it, and you are securely connected to the network. An unauthorized user would be unable to gain access without having possession of your phone. I appreciate that it's generally a quick, no-hassle process; signing in takes only a few seconds.

Cons

Occasionally it takes a couple of attempts to sign in to the network. Additionally, it can be inconvenient to need to have your phone handy whenever you sign in. I've had my phone charging in another room when I realize I have to go get it in order to sign in.

Krishna from Collaborative Drug Discovery, Inc.

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Beware! Customer service has been non-existent following Cisco acquisition

Pros

We have used Duo for many years. It was easy to implement and has always worked well.

Cons

Last year we negotiated bulk pricing and paid in advance for a 14-month term. Later we discovered that they had never provisioned our licenses and were still billing our credit card. Now, four months later, after numerous phone calls and more than a dozen emails, they have still not provisioned the licenses we paid for. They have acknowledged that this is their mistake and they need to fix it, but they seem incapable of doing so. I get the sense that their organization is completely dysfunctional following the Cisco acquisition. Given that they cannot solve the challenge of "how does a customer purchase your software?", I am worried what might happen if you came to them with anything more difficult.

Increase the security of your accounts

I like to app and I recommend it to anyone who wants to increase the security of the accounts.

Pros

It has been three years that I'm using Duo. This is the app that my university has decided to use to increase the security of accounts of faculties and students. I feel secure when I use the app. You can use several options for second authorization. it can send a push message to your mobile, you can enter a passcode, which is great. In addition, it does not take too much time to confirm the authorization.

Cons

I think it is a nice app. But I think if it had some other options to log in, that would be great. I myself prefer receiving a passcode in my email rather than using my cell phone all the time. All in all, I think if they work on the app and improve some sections, it would get better and better.

Jeff from University of Nebraska at Omaha

Great for keeping you secure

My institution uses it to keep our information secure and it does a great job of keeping it secure.

Pros

Duo is used by my institution to keep our information safe. We use the DUO factor login and it is easy to set up and to use. You download an app on your phone and it will call/text/ or send a push notification when you login to your website. It works seamlessly and never seems to have a problem.

Cons

It can be a bit of a pain when you leave your phone in your office or somewhere else and then go to login to a company site that needs the authentication with DUO. You can't login with out your phone and it can end up being a hassle. But, it does keep your information secure.

Easy to use and handy product

Its been a great ool to use and i continue to use this. One of the best products in the market,

Pros

Cons

The fact that it requires internet usage every time and there's almost nothing i can do offline without using the internet. The software is paid as well which in my case i use the university version

DUO Security helps keep your business secure

DUO keeps our business secure by allowing access to only those that should have access and helps prevent unauthorized access if a password is compromised.

Pros

The ability to have applications or VPN's that are locked down and authenticated with DUO helped to bring our security into the 21st century. End users can get a push to their device which they acknowledge. They do not even need to manually type in the code (though that is also an option!)

Cons

The only downside is really on the user end. If they are not quick enough to accept the prompt from DUO, the log in attempt will fail.

Caleb from Brandeis University

Industry: Research

Excellent quality and easy to use

Great experience overall. I don't have any major complaints. Some software really is just plain easy to use.

Pros

Duo is easy to use. Setup was effortless. The graphical interface is simple and streamlined, providing all the functionality I need without overhead. Finally, the push notification functionality makes 2-factor auth super quick -- no need to even open the app. I like the DUO branding. Their website is well-designed and has a lot of information. Also, the "behind-the-scenes" aspect of their security algorithms and infrastructure sounds pretty high quality (though I am not an expert).

Cons

I don't have any complaints related to the user experience. Well, a very minor one is the fact that one of the entries in my app just says "third-party"; I don't remember what this was for and don't see where in the app to find out.

Andrea from ASUCR

Duo Security

This software has integrated more security for our websites and information and I absolutely love it.

Pros

I appreciate the added security that this app has integrated in my daily work routine. I have to "approve" any entry into work related sites that require my login information. I can easily "approve" or "deny" access from my phone.

Cons

What makes me nervous about this software is when it goes down. There has only been one instance where duo security went down and because of it, I was not able to access my email or other work sites as it required me to "approve" or "deny" access and I was not able to do so since the site crashed.

LaQuetta from Kingdom Pioneer Institute, LLC

Duo Security

The pro about the software is that Duo security can be used for work and personal authenticity in the same location. Great experience overall with establishing the login process. Simple to use!

Pros

Cons

There are no cons with this software that I can currently identify. There have been no issues to date.

Barry from Monterey Technology Group, Inc.

Duo Security - Easiest DFA hands down

We love Duo Security. The implementation on our remote servers and web servers gives us piece of mind knowing that our important infrastructure is secured with DFA/2FA (Dual or two factor authentication). It's very easy to setup DFA on a remote server which is good too.

Pros

I like the integration with mobile and smart watches. I use Duo on a daily basis to login in to servers and online services. What I love the most is that as long as I'm wearing my smart watch I can approve logins directly from it. No passwords, no pins, biometrics needed. The authentication push is instantaneous which keeps the login on the target device/service from timing out.

Cons

What I like least is the quality of the hardware tokens. They don't seem to last very long (less than 1 year) and have to resync'd once or twice annually. For me this is no longer an issue because I authenticate using mobile or smart watch pushes. It would be nice to know that if my watch or phone were to die that the token is always reliable.

Pricing

Kalin from Health, Wellness & Fitness

Great Security Software

Overall I have found Duo to be a great method for securing my data and private accounts. It has allowed me to make sure that sensitive information stays safe and away from prying eyes. It also gives me a sense of security financially, as some of my accounts secured by Duo are linked to payment portals.

Pros

Duo is a great way to ensure that your electronic information and accounts are secure. I have used it as a student and I have found that it is reliable and provides peace of mind. It provides a dual authentication process so that no one can access my accounts but me. I like that any attempt to login to an account sends a notification instantly to my personal cell phone, allowing me to approve or deny access.

Cons

I have experienced a few technical bugs with the software in my time using it, though they are relatively infrequent. There are times when Duo will push a login approval to my phone and then fail to allow me to log in to my profile even though I have accepted the push. It can also be confusing trying to figure out how to change settings with Duo. For example, if you have set the software to preferentially send an automatic push upon requesting login, it can be difficult to change that setting. There could be a little more clear direction regarding that process from Duo.

John from NETSCOUT

Two-factor authentication that just works!

Our organization has been using Duo Security two-factor authentication for years. The entire solution is incredibly reliable. The mobile app works great and is very easy to use. End-users can quickly and easily enroll their own devices via a self-service portal. This is very convenient whenever you get a new phone. Approval notifications can also be sent via phone, text or push. Push notifications are also supported on the Apple Watch. Although it's rarely needed, online support documentation is very robust. The best thing about Duo Security is...it just works, every time.

Pros

- User-friendly self-service portal for new device enrollment and management - New account setup is easily done via scanning a QR code - Multiple options for approval codes or notifications including phone, text or push (includes Apple Watch) - Push notifications can be approved directly from the iOS lock screen - Approval is also compatible with Face ID on iOS devices - One-time bypass codes can be used for lost devices or temporary access - Support for Universal 2nd Factor (U2F) security tokens - Great online support and documentation library - Flexible subscription plans with affordable pricing

Cons

When using an outdated version of the app, iOS push notifications just stop working without any error message or notification

Carlos from GCS Technologies, Inc

Amazing Two-Factor Authenticator

Great experience, user friendly and having this installed as an app on your Smartphone and not a physical key is amazing!

Pros

You get push notifications instantly, and you don't even need to get into the app, it can display a notification in your notifications bar (Android User) and you can approve/deny from there. Also, if by mistake you deny the login attempt, it gives you a "second chance" to get into the app itself and approve it.

Cons

Nothing to complain about this as of now, I was an RSA SecurID user and having to carry that small key was a nightmare. One thing I'd like is to get Duo Security for Windows, I work remotely and I could have that installed on my home's PC. What if I get my phone stolen and unable to buy a new one???

Best Two Factor Identification App

Pros

I have used Duo for Two Factor Identification Security at two different employers so far in my career. It is such an easy to use, efficient and effective application. It eliminates the need to keep track of external network keys, passwords, and other redundant programs. I feel safe and secure with Duo Two Factor Identification because it requires both my phone and fingerprint in order to gain access to protected software.

Cons

Earlier this year I had to replace my iPhone and after I restored my new device from backup my Duo Two Vactor Identification was no longer linked. To my surprise, It took several hours to restore and reset my security settings at work the next morning. Although the Duo reset was quite inconvenient for me that day, restoring software is both an infrequent and uncommon occurrence for me.

Anindita from University of Michigan

Duo Security is important

Pros

I have been introduced to Duo security the last year. The institute I am affiliated to insists on using the Duo security for access to emails and other sensitive data. Initially, I used to feel it is a little out of the way effort to have a two-factor authentication via Duo Security. But lately, I have it is a rather important safeguard for sensitive data, emails, etc. It adds another level of protection. With technological advancement stealing important information from the internet is a child's play. Using Duo security gives the users benefit of knowing when their emails or secured accounts are accessed (at least it does that for me). Besides, two-factor authentication allows me to restrict suspicious users from logging on.

Cons

Don't know but can the Duo also work by pushing login request via email? That would mean I wouldn't need to have my mobile phone next to me 24x7.

2FA For the Enterprise

We wanted a 2FA solution for our VPN and password management solutions. Duo integrates with both. We also needed a 2FA solution that can be used by a wide variety of users. We have many remote users so being able to authenticate via app, text, or phone call makes it easy for all of our users to gain access in a way that is secure and available to them.

Pros

Duo has made it easy for our company to use 2FA across several of our services. It's easy to implement and easy to manage. Duo integrates easily with 3rd party applications and services. Users can use multiple ways to authenticate to Duo.

Cons

Push notifications to Cellphones can be spotty if a user has poor cell reception. Not necessarily a failure on Duo's part but it should be considered if you are going to use the App Push for authentication.

Duo Security will make your account secure

I started using Duo Security since 2017 when I started working as graduate assistant. The app had allowed me to make sure that my account at my job is secure and no one can easily access to my account without an approval on my phone. If you are using this app, you don't have to call or text your number to access to your account. You just press the push button and approve it from your phone and access to your account.

Pros

The app is very functional and easy to use. It makes the users to secure their accounts and make sure that no one can easily login to their account.

Cons

You should make sure that your phone has sufficient battery. If your phone battery dies, you might not be able to access your account on your computer. The slight side effect of using this app is that you just have to have an open phone.

Jane from Gravity Station

Best thing I ever did for securing my website

Ever since I've started using DuoSecurity to access my website admin interface, I haven't had any breaches in security and I feel safer knowing that hackers can't access my website easily. I've been using DuoSecurity for several years now and offer it as part of my Security Packages when I launch a client's website, because it's a quick setup and for ease of mind. I use an app on my iPhone that sends me a notification when I go to log in to my site, allowing me to "Approve" or "Disapprove" access to the site's admin interface easily. I also use it to access other accounts online that allow for a Code to be entered, giving me that piece of mind that my personal information is secure. Highly recommended!

Pros

Security Features, Ease of Use, Apps

Cons

Their website is not easy to use because there are so many features available, which might be overwhelming to someone not familiar with it

Jen from Harvard Student Agencies

Duo helps us to maintain a secure login to our sites. We use it to access payroll information, reports, our shared drive, and other things you want extra security around.

Pros

I like the fact the fact that Duo is so easy to use. You can it up to verify in different ways - through an app, a call, or email. I sue the app which I love. A simple swipe and accept and you are in your site securely. For computers that are secure and you use regularly you can have it remember you for 30 days which is very convenient for sites you use multiple times a day.

Cons

I really don't have any complains about the software. It works great for my purposes. The only thing I have heard people complain about is just two step verification in general.

1-click for Two-Factor Authentification

Pros

I have been an end user of Duo Security for the last 2 years, and I think that this is the best software for 2-factor authentification. The Duo App has a simply designed platform. When we sign into the website that requires authentification, we can just type a passcode provided by Duo App on the website or click an authentification request given by Duo App. Yes, it is that easy with Duo.

Cons

Setting up the Duo from the scratch can be challenging to some people who are not familiar with two-factor authentification. It is important for organizations or companies to provide a step-by-step installation procedure to users before they start using Duo as their sole authentification method.

Easy in practice, maybe a little pricey

Support is good. New features are rolled out occasionally, so being an admin it is a good idea to keep up-to-date about it.

Pros

Working on the end-user side of things is very easy. Just "allow" a login, no hassle with codes. Also having the (Apple) Watch app available means users always have a device very near. On the admin side of things the configurability is impressive. We are running a sync with or AD so provisioning users is automatic.

Cons

It is a bit pricey as ie.e Azure MFA does most of the things as part of the EMS bundle (so if you have that, that is an option). Also on the end-user side, I find the Apple Watch is a little lagging (couple of seconds). Not a big issue, but a little annoying sometimes.

Good

Pros

I use Duo Security as a part of dual verification sign-in process for university. The phone app was initially difficult to set up and I actually gave up at one point, but once it was on my phone it has been no issues. (I've actually installed and verified a few phones and it always a hassle..) The three options for verifying identify is convenient - call, message, or notification. I generally use notification, but have used call when I had poor cell service. The notification is handy because I do not have to unlock my phone and the notification disappears after you approve the log-in. The time out feature is meant to keep your account secure but can be an issue if you don't have your phone close by/ don't approve in time.

Cons

Selecting "Stay logged in for 7 days" only works sometimes for some reason.

We have never lost an account after we start to use Duo

Our email account compremise rates have been decreasing since we sitch to Duo.

Pros

Duo allows us to get along with compliance check mechanisms. We use its multi factor authentication product to keep safe our email accounts. Their mobile application (Duo Push) works very well and smooth. It sends a notification very quick when a user try to log in to system. Also, in some cases their toggle is very useful such as when a user have a network problem. We are planning to activate biometric authentication service of Duo in the near future. In addition to all above, as I was a part of deployment team, I can say it was really easy to deploy the Duo on our environment. Support team helped when we had a problem about our old-version OS's.

Cons

Price per user could be cheaper, we had to deal with purchase planning dept of our company for along time to convince them Duo is necessary and its worth it.

Reasons for Choosing Duo Security

It is commonly known in the market, I have read about Duo on Capterra before.

Easy way for 2fa solution

Very good application that works perfectly to keep website logins secured and block any unauthorized logins. Very easy to use and it is completely stable and work smoothly.

Pros

Easy to install on mobile, easy to add accounts and easiest way to allow application to login. how easy is it to log to website with username and password and push notification to appear on duo app on mobile to allow or deny. keeping important sites and accounts safe and secured from any unauthorized logins Can also use pass code instead of the push request

Cons

It is a bit difficult if i reset the mobile or got a new one and has no access to old one. i have to contact the administrator to reset account.

Easy to use MF authentication

I have used Duo Authentication at two institutions now as a two-factor authentication means. It is very easy to use and even less tech-savvy coworkers find it easy and straight forward to use.

Pros

Once Duo is set up, it's super easy to use, whether responding to a push notification or generating a one-time use password.

Cons

When attempting to change preferences in a browser to allow it to retain your login status, you must cancel an initial automatic push from the authentication screen in a browser, check a "remember me" box, then wait some time before attempting another push. This is a security measure, but a minor annoyance when trying to quickly make a change and move on.

Forrest from University of Utah

Simple and Fast Two-factor Authentication

Some of the websites I use require two-factor authentication to add security. DUO is the fastest and easiest way for users to authenticate.

Pros

While some users find two-factor authentication tedious, DUO makes the process extremely fast. The phone app seamlessly syncs with any website requiring two-factor authentication. It combines a high level of security with ease and speed that I was looking for in a two-factor security system.

Cons

There are some websites that when accessed through a mobile device, are unable to fully load the DUO push notification request page and disallow the website's access sometimes. This may be the responsibility of the website, but since the DUO page will sometimes not load, it prohibits the use of certain websites that require two-factor authentication when on a mobile device.

Simple dual-factor authentication for university

Overall, the benefits of Duo Security outweigh the inconveniences, which are small. I use it as a graduate student to protect my employment information.

Pros

Duo Security is generally very simple to use with a smartphone. When WiFi is available, it's as simple as pulling out my phone and accepting a push notification. It gives me peace of mind that my account is more secure.

Cons

When your phone isn't getting good WiFi, Duo gets a little tedious. I don't store the app on my main screen, so I have to go into a back folder and find a code to enter in. I also would prefer to have permanent access if I okay it, rather than having to update access every 30 days.

Pete from BrightStart Pediatrics

Indispensable - use it every day!

I use this daily for access to company website for updates and posting. It travels wherever I go and is lightning fast. Definitely recommend!

Pros

Had another authentication app that went out of business and after much trial and error (and frustration) found Duo. Set up was easy and this app works perfectly every time. It's fast and easy to use. In my opinion, this app should be promoted/recommended to companies like GoDaddy when they're selling a website - this protection is so easy and simply invaluable.

Cons

Only one slight issue when I upgraded from iPhone 6 to iPhone 8 - it was a bit confusing to register the new device. At a certain point I thought I would have to disable the app and then it just started working - so I might suggest better documentation/walk through on changing devices.

Sandeep from NextPage IT Solutions

Excellent security app for authentiction

This is the best security feature for authentication. It makes sure no one else logins to your account but only you. The main benefit of this software is that our work done till date is secure in our machines.

Pros

The best thing about this software is that we can not login to our work station until and unless we pass through Duo Security. There is a mobile app for this which makes it easy to authenticate. We just need to tap "Approve" on the login request sent to mobile app. there are three types of login. One can choose any type based on our convenience. One can login using passcodes, call on spot or just clicking approval system.

Cons

There was issue when I lost my mobile phone and I wanted to configure duo again to login to my work station. Adding account was so time consuming that I had to wait for the Administrator to add my account again. If administrator is on leave then we have to wait for another complete day to login to work station.

Sadie from University of Arizona, Eller College of Management

Duo Security Review

I have used Duo Security since the university I work at implemented it a few years ago for our duo login. It has been easy to use and I have enjoyed it since they implemented it. I have used the app for the quick login and it has been great!

Pros

This software is easy to use. Once my work shifted to this, I was able to easily understand and pick it up. Having the app on my phone also makes the duo authentication very quick or sometimes I will also have the system call me! Either way, it is great.

Cons

There are no cons about the software. I think it is a really great option for a duo authentication and I have nothing negative to say about it.

Alireza from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University

Due is Secure

Pros

I am a student and my university provides a very secure medium for signing into my account through this app. I feel confident and safe about it since anybody who wants to do sign in should ask me for permission. It is a brilliant idea to communicate with the account owner to increase the security level

Cons

I really hate this fact that whenever I want to login into my account when I am working with my laptop or PC, I should find my cellphone to let myself in. I searched on internet to find a Duo software for windows such that I install that on my PC and does not try to find my cellphone for logging in. I hope they develop the computer version of this app because it becomes very annoying especially I am busy on a pile of work

Muhammad Rizki from University of Michigan

Industry: Research

For more secure work/school account

I use Duo Security everyday as my previous school and now my employer require to activate that in order to have the organization account activated.

Pros

It adds more security to my important online accounts, like my work and school e-mail accounts. Using this software, it is impossible to login to those accounts without having my phone.

Cons

Sometimes there's a glitch when I try to login my account causing the push from Duo apps doesn't come out on my phone, and need to restart the apps. Maybe it will be better if the software can run in the background, so whenever needed it will give me the push.

Cory from The Behavioral Health Workforce Research Center

Simple Solution for Added Account Security

Pros

Unlike other 2-step authentication services that require you to punch in a short, "random" code in order to access your account, Duo Security makes securing an account simpler. Got a smartphone? Download the Duo Security app, link it to an account (typically an email account, though Duo can work with other services as well,) and decide how you want to be alerted about log-ins. The next time you try to log in, Duo will contact your phone, and you'll be able to authenticate your log-in with a simple button-press. That's it. There are other options as well. If you don't want to use the smart phone, Duo will call a landline and ask if you're the appropriate user for the account. You can also save multiple methods to the same account.

Cons

Linking Duo to my email account took some doing. By and large, it was a simple, step-by-step process. However, I could imagine easily fouling up one of those steps and getting lost and frustrated. There's no problem with the service itself, it's just getting started with it requires a little time and focus. Once it's set up, however, using Duo is completely painless, and its recovery features are simple (in the event you get a new phone, computer, etc.)

alex from airbnb, inc.

Duo Security - it works!

Overall I'd say it does exactly what I need it to nearly 100% of the time. The times it doesn't work are almost generally on the user side (eg: installing a new device will need IT assistance) and not on the software or app's

Pros

I like how quickly this app loads on my phone in order to log into my two factor. I primarily use it for that and am regularly traveling for work so knowing I can rely on this app is fundamental.

Cons

If ever you have a question or need changes to your account you will need to contact your system admin. This is obviously for security but unideal if time is short.

Anna from Retail

A New Way of Security

Overall, This tool is easy to use and a great way for additional security that is common for remote work from home positions. I would recommend this product because it keeps your information secure and no one can log in as you unless they have your phone.

Pros

I use Duo to log into my work space every shift. It sends a notification to my phone and logs me in. If I do not accept the notification it does not log in to my work space. This makes all the company data secure. It is easy to use and compatible with most phones.

Cons

I only seen this issue a handful of times, but older phones will not work with this application and if your job requires you to use duo as a security measure it can be tough. In order to log in you have to access the app on your phone and accept the push notification. If your phone is not compatible then you are unable to do the push notification. That is the only issue.

Adelyn from Silver Bay YMCA - Conference and Family Retreat Center

Used to authenticate access for high school gateway portals.

Pros

I think it keeps accounts really secure because you can set up the account to be able to send push requests to a finite amount of devices. It's also pretty easy to use because you just press one button and it works very quickly to grant/deny access.

Cons

The 6-digit passcodes that are there that you can regenerate whenever you want are a bit confusing and it's hard to know what those entail. This could be a problem with the school system but it would be helpful if Duo gave some sort of instructions when downloading the app.

Simple Software For Two-Step Authentification

Pros

Duo Security makes 2-step authentification simple. After an initial registration of the website that requires 2-step authentification on the Duo app, all I have to do to grant access to the website is clicking approve button on the app on my phone or entering passcode on the website. This software makes 2-step authentification take only 5 seconds.

Cons

I cannot think of any negative aspects of this software. This software is so simple and doesn't have any unnecessary features. There are no parts to be improved.

Can be hit or miss

It's been an okay experience with Duo. The texting feature being so off and on is the biggest bummer, however, it's easy to use and quick to authenticate.

Pros

It's a fairly easy way to authenticate when needed for secure pages. I've used it in all of my jobs as two-factor authentication with sensitive and secure pages.

Cons

Sometimes the texting feature doesn't work. I click the "text me" button but it never sends the code to my phone. Therefore, I always just use the call me feature but it can be a bit annoying to have to always answer and press a button.

Rachel from UT Austin

Annoying But Worth It

Our organization implemented Duo Security to access almost any internal part of our websites, emails, etc. It was frustrating to have this new extra step, but after I got the hang of it, I've come around to appreciating the software.

Pros

Once it is set up, the push notification for your phone is the easiest and fastest way to sign into Duo. It adds an extra layer of protection to accounts, and offers a few different options on how to utilize their product.

Cons

If you are using the cell phone push notifications to sign in, it becomes an issue when you switch phones. Although it is possible to switch your Duo account to a new phone, I found the process convoluted and clunky compared to the rest of the software.

Collin from BYU

Industry: Fine Art

Pretty good and unobtrusive multi factor authenticator

Other than the Con described above, it's about as easy as any two-factor authenticator I have used.

Pros

It's normally pretty fast to authenticate. Authentication requests come to the mobile app within seconds and it only takes a few taps to do.

Cons

I have repeatedly enabled cookies on my web browser so it will remember the authentication for 30 days, but it never does and continues to tell me that I need to enable cookies for it to remember. This means that I have to re-authenticate every day.

Abhisha from North Carolina State University

Useful security tool

I mainly use duo for 2-factor authentication when logging in to my NC State account. This has been very useful in both securing my account and also not taking up too much time for the login process.

Pros

Good security tool, better than the traditional 2-factor authentication that requires a code to be texted to the phone and then the code needs to be typed in. Has good security features like request timing out after a certain period of time.

Cons

Duo Push needs internet connection on the phone to work is a major disadvantage. Also, in case of slow internet the push request takes longer to arrive sometimes causing the request to time out.

Easy as 123

I had no issues with Duo security the company I was with I was taking credit cards and personal information and I had no breach of any sort no one getting in and no information getting out so overall it was an awesome experience and if we get back to doing that on our construction side that is definitely a program I would use again and definitely refer others to

Pros

I use this as an inbound sales marketer for Carnival Cruise Lines and thoroughly loved it I had no issues with my computer whether I was working or not it did not allow any viruses to get through and no breach of security

Cons

That I had to help make sure my cell phone was right there to confirm my signing in

Nicholas from University of Kentucky

Account Security Made Easy

I was asked by my University to download and begin using this application due to a then recent network breach. I found the application super easy to sign up for, to use, and to implement into my daily work life. At no inconvenience to me my account is more secure and I can rest easier.

Pros

I like that this software is so simple to use. Once you sign up, that's it! You can receive a push notification to your phone anytime a device tries to log into your specified account. By accepting the push notification you don't even have to re-enter your password. I feel safe knowing my accounts are being monitored!

Cons

I haven't delved too deep into the software's other features, but I would say the product could improve by presenting the user with more security options than presently available.

John from Sittercity Inc

Great two factor authentication provider

Pros

Duo integrates out of the box with a lot of SaaS systems, and it is easy to set up for users. For unsupported SaaS, or in house apps, it possible to set up a lightweight agent running locally on your network that will extend 2fa functionality to unsupported systems. This agent is easy to set up.

Cons

Onboarding users onto the platform in bulk is a bit of a challenge. I wish there was more instructional resources for introducing the product to the company. Sometimes the app freezes when the user is expecting a push, and therefore they are unable to complete the 2fa process.

2 Factor Authentication Made Simple

We were searching for a simple but effective second factor authentication solution to improve security especially for our RDP services. Duo has saved us a lot and imrpoved our security significantly

Pros

Ease of setting up Ease of use Works every time. Very small near invisible footprint Easy to follow manuals Great support

Cons

Agent software does not give host machine details when requesting 2nd Factor via the App or SMS

Simplicity and functionality.

Terran from Utah State University

Easy and seamless security

Since two step authentication is required in a lot of aspects, this is a nice and simple way to do it.

Pros

I like how small the program is and how seamless it plays in my day to day login. The reaction time is quick and I can login knowing I am secure.

Cons

Sometimes it can be annoying when you phone is not around and you are trying to login into something. But I guess there's no getting around that with two step authentication.

Two factor authentication made easy

Pros

Simple, easy to use software for two factor authentication, you can use the app, get a phone call, or get sent a list of access codes through text, making your account more secure from hacking.

Cons

The program is really easy to use to with a simple push of a button on your phone, but if you don't have your phone there is no way to get through the Duo security, a computer app is needed.

Use when working remotely - works great and so easy!

Great way to connect quickly to your server within seconds. I use at home and remotely on the road and only takes me seconds to a minute to login. Highly recommend!

Pros

Love Duo! Makes working from home/remotely so easy. I login to duo from my computer and send verification to my duo mobile app on my phone, and quickly verify/approve and get logged into our server. Takes literally a minute! Way easier than past software we used that was unreliable. I've never had an issue with duo and also took no time for my IT department to set it up on my laptop and phone for me to get started.

Cons

Nothing bad to say! Has always worked seamlessly within seconds for me. Only took my IT department a half hour to put on my laptop and phone to get me going. Love this software.

Brice from The Ohio State University Fisher College of Business

A good option for a necessary piece of software

Pros

My organization uses Duo as a security backup on all of our sensitive data repositories (financial/HR, student data, etc). I have Duo mobile set up on my phone, and like how I can have it send me a push notification. It takes only a few seconds to go through the entire process.

Cons

It can be a pain having to continually re-verify your log-in, and every once in a while it seems to lag a bit (network slowdown or something). For some orgs, it's just a matter of which authentication product you'll use, though, and this a decent choice.