All Text Request Reviews

Erika

Consumer Services, 11 - 50 employees

Used less than 12 months

Reviewed February 2022

Easy way to stay connected

Steve

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2-10 employees

Perfect for Rapid Communication

It is a fantastic tool for our business where accuracy matters. Our ability to confirm booking details with our guests and partners in a clean and efficient matter is paramount to our success.

PROS

It gives us the ability to interact directly with our guests in a way that conveys information clearly, concisely and quickly.

CONS

The mobile app is useful somewhat unreliable

Reasons for switching to Text Request

Discontinuation of ZipWhip forced our hand

Steve, thank you for leaving us a review. Please reach out to support@textrequest.com

Alisha

Veterinary, 51-200 employees

Text Request Review

Awesome for the most part, just a few minor glitches.

PROS

Being able to contact clients, other of our locations and staff with one relatively simple platform.

CONS

Not a lot of after hours contact. With clients that are open 7 days a week, having someone available can really help with the client satisfaction of the service.

Reasons for switching to Text Request

We were growing with more hospitals all over the country and wanted one to grow better with us.

Alisha, thank you for leaving this review. We would love to expand with you and help your hospitals!

Ace

Consumer Services, 2-10 employees

Biggest mistake

One of the worst experience I have had with a phone system switch and one that I want to get rid of as quickly as possible

PROS

The sell you convenience and ease. The. Tell you a package has a certain product your were wanting only to tell you it comes with it and now you have to pay $100 extra a month.

CONS

Terrible customer service. They lie to get you to join. The app works half the time. You can’t delete messages that are irrelevant.

Reason for choosing Text Request

Because I was sold a bunch of shit that wasn’t even part of the plan.

Reasons for switching to Text Request

Because I was told Facebook and google reviews were part of the package I was getting.

Ace, so sorry to hear that you've had a bad experience. Our team would never initially mislead you. Our pricing and add-on structure, including reviews, is very transparent on our pricing page: https://www.textrequest.com/pricing I know the success team has tried to reach out but feel free to call us or email success@textrequest.com to talk through this issue and resolve it in the best way possible.

Jenny

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Text Request for the WIN!

Overall our experience with Text Request has been very positive. I have no complaints honestly. The one con that I listed is more of a suggestion of an improvement that text request could make to their program. We have been pleased with the service we have received. Would recommend to any company looking to switch.

PROS

Text Request made our transfer over to their program seem less. We were so appreciative and thankful that it was not a stressful transition. Not only do we use text request for our students but we also use it for prospective students and clients receiving services. The one feature that I absolutely love is I am able to have it on my phone and receive notifications. This is so very helpful for me as the Campus Director of our school.

CONS

I wish once you replied to a message it would mark it taken care of. Sometimes it can become confusing when you have responded to someone and it will look like another new message. Other than that I honestly have no issues with Text Request.

Reasons for switching to Text Request

They were going out of business and we had to look for a new company. Text request made the switch very easy.

Jenny, thank you so much for this awesome review.

Libby

Education Management, 51-200 employees

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Reviewed May 2024

Superior Business Texting Software

PROS

1) The ability to text from my business' land line 2) All the features: Mass texting, Keywords, SMS Chat, Form fields, Templates 3) Proactive communication from Text Request's team

CONS

No complaints at all. I think everything has been great.

Reasons for switching to Text Request

ZipWhip went out of business so we proactively vetted alternative platforms. We were really happy with Text Request and switched over all of our franchise location's early.

Libby, thank you for being such a Text Request Champion!

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

We heart Text Request

We send probably 35,000 SMS per month, Text Request makes it very easy for my team--all facets of my business flows through Text Request. The mobile app is just like the desktop app. My team is very attached to Text Request

PROS

Easy to use, always reliable, very capable system

CONS

I can't think of any cons but need 40 characters to submit

Reason for choosing Text Request

Ease of use, ability to migrate contacts and conversations from ZipWhip

Reasons for switching to Text Request

Zipwhip was scheduled to shut down so we left

Michael, thank you for this awesome review. Glad you switched to us after Zipwhip

Kyle

Logistics and Supply Chain, 11-50 employees

Our experience with Text Request

PROS

It offers nearly all the same functionality as all other options we have tried and it is at a fraction of the cost.

CONS

I cannot see what webpage the customer decides to initiate text request from. This would help us locate where the customer is on the website to best serve them.

Reasons for switching to Text Request

Podium was becoming very expensive with no new functionality

Kyle, thank you for this review. Please reach out to success@textrequest.com to talk about reports, where you can see the URL that the SMS Chat was used on.

Cristina

Veterinary, 51-200 employees

Easy to use!

Overall it fills our needs and we continue to find new ways and options to use this app. It's become out preferred way to communicate with clients. It also helps that most people prefer text over phone calls or emails.

PROS

I like the template option the best! We save templates to send out appointment confirmations. Cuts down on time!

CONS

If you are searching for a name that you have already saved in the address book it sometimes will not find it. Search is best with the phone number.

Reasons for switching to Text Request

They stopped services. Text request is so much better!

Thank you for this review. Glad to know that we fit your needs

claudia

Insurance, 2-10 employees

Text Request BEST PLATFORM

This was a gem to set up and implement and get support if there are issues. They go over and above.

PROS

transitioning from ZipWhip was painless. they were very helpful!

CONS

We would like to have more control over the layout

Reason for choosing Text Request

start to finish - painless - 30 minutes. Other platforms would take their time to get back and didn't know how to transition.

Reasons for switching to Text Request

ZipWhip was sunsetted and the other companies were not responsive. START to FINISH of set-up was 30 minutes

Claudia, thank you so much for leaving us a review.

VELZIE

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Reviewed May 2024

TEXT REQUEST REVIEW

IT VERY FAST AND EFFECT. IT IS EASY TO NAVIGATE.

PROS

THE FAST NOTOFICATIONS RESPONSE. IT MAKES GETTING BACK TO PATIENTS FASTER.

CONS

THAT THERE IS NO SPANISH TRANSLATION. WE HAVE A HUGE SPANISH PATIENT SELCTION.

THEY WENT OUT OF SERVICE. TEXT REQEST WAS ALWAYS OUR NEXT CHOICE

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

Christine

Insurance, 11-50 employees

We LOVE Text Request

Our overall experience with Text Request has been great. One of the other vendors we work with recommended them at a time that I was researching review generation companies that also offered texting platforms. Text Request was a fraction of the cost and while they aren't a review generation company per say, you can EASILY set up a template to text clients asking them to write a review and you can even include a link so they are taken directly to your review website of choice.

PROS

Our independent insurance agency absolutely LOVES Text Request. Our clients will often ask if they can text us or if we can text them and prior to Text Request, we didn't have an option to do so other than giving out our personal cell numbers. In our line of work, we often need photos of a client's car or home and I love that Text Request allows clients to send these photos to us so easily. I also love that our agents can use Text Request right from their computer and don't need to be checking a cell phone constantly. It is very user friendly and was easy for our agents to learn how to use.

CONS

I don't have anything negative to say about the desktop version of the software and I think it's extremely user friendly. The mobile app is a little clunky, but for the most part we use the desktop version and don't have to use the mobile app, so this concern doesn't come up often.

Reason for choosing Text Request

We chose Text Request over other products we researched primarily because of price, but I was also extremely impressed with how easy it was to set up a demo with them (I believe our demo was done the same day I reached out to schedule it) and the fact that I didn't feel like they were putting any pressure on me to purchase their product. They quickly and simply showed me what Text Request could do and let the product do the talking. Some people respond to hard sales tactics, but I do not and I really appreciated their gentle but effective approach.

Hello Christine, So happy that our desktop/browser app works for you just fine! I have sent your Cons to my product team. -Ramey

Nathaniel

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

Reviewed November 2023

TextRequest is an Oasis in a Sea of Bad SMS Providers

When our VP of IT left suddenly, I had to use context clues to figure out what she was working on, one of which was ZipWhip transition, which I did not know was expiring in less than a month! The TextRequest team hauled and hustled to get the ZipWhip transition done in less than a month and I am grateful! TextRequest has been working consistently, which is also something I am grateful for!

PROS

Clear sensible design run by a team that cares about a good product and is not trying to exploit me.

CONS

We had to fight to the death with bad SMS providers to release the old SMS phone numbers. I felt like I entered battle with a pool noodle, and I was at the mercy of the bad SMS providers. A tool to help force phone number release would have saved time.

Reason for choosing Text Request

HIPAA compliance, ease of use, acceptable price, and the ZipWhip conversion tool.

Reasons for switching to Text Request

ZipWhip: expired in less than 1 month, and I was not notified. Klara: I would rather drink sewage than continue to work with Klara, one of the worst companies I have ever worked with.

Nathaniel, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this detailed review. Glad that you picked Text Request as your business texting provider.

Replied December 2023

Moe

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2023

Moe Watson's Text Request Review

Amazing

PROS

What I like most about text request is their customer service and relations. Whenever I have had an issue or needed help with something they are always there to work through it with me. All nice people, it is clear to see they are driven to make their customers happy and it really helps out.

CONS

If I could change anything it would be to just give the option to view messages from each group

Reason for choosing Text Request

It is just better from the pricing to the features.

Reasons for switching to Text Request

Text Request is just overall better.

Moe, thank you for leaving us this great review.

Replied December 2023

Wade

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Perfect Customer Texting Program for ease of Use

PROS

The user interface was perfect for my staff to jump into the program with little to no training needed. This program is used daily as we communicate with our staff who are out in the field and then with our customers for Sales and Customer Service. Plus nice feature we where able to utilize our main office number for our customers to text, and then also get another number so separate it from our customers for staff. So easy to keep everything organized and a simple click of a button your can switch between numbers.

CONS

There was nothing, as Text Request solved every concern we had with one of there competitors.

Reasons for switching to Text Request

Was not user friendly, hard to navigate. Missed text's

Hello Wade, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We are always innovating and adding new features and integrations. As someone who has used another business texting product, if you have any suggestions, please feel free to reach out! My email should be attached to this message. Best - Ramey

Amelia

Food Production, 51-200 employees

Text Request

overall experience is good and makes collecting and asking for customer orders more streamlined and easy.

PROS

I like the group message feature the most. We use the software to remind customers to place their orders and Text Request makes it so easy to ask everyone at once for their order in one motion rather than having to message people individually.

CONS

The biggest for me is not being able to search contacts when you are making a new group message and "editing" the group. Like I said we use it to collect wholesale orders. So when I send out a reminder text I remove people from the group whose orders I have already received. But in order to remove them, I have to scroll through EVERYONE to find who I am looking for. It would be nice if I could organize these by alphabet or have a way to search. I also wish in the "messaging" view you could extend the name of the contacts. I have my contacts in Text request as BUSINESS NAME (LOCATION (as needed)) - CONTACT NAME. but with the current view, I only get part of the business name. There seems to be plenty of room in this space so I don't understand why it cant be extended. I also hate I can't do a traditional group message with me and two other contacts in it, but that's not that big of a deal for me.

Reason for choosing Text Request

just worked for what we needed. group messaging was key.

Hello Amelia, Thank you for leaving a review. I have sent over your Cons to our product team! If you'd like to talk to them directly, please do not hesitate to reach out. Best, -Ramey

Reviewed October 2021

Their customer service is very responsive and helpful. The program does what we need it to do with very little issue.

PROS

Being able to send "mass" texts by uploading an excel document makes the process very easy. The tracking is also great. Having the google plug-in and being able to click the number and text directly is very convenient. Overall it's a user-friendly program

CONS

I think the conversation view could be improved, it's somewhat easy to miss replies since they are all marked resolved automatically.

Reasons for switching to Text Request

We still use CTM to track our calls but the texting function was expensive and not remotely user friendly.

Hello, Thank you for leaving an honest review. I have given our product team you CON. If you have any other issues, please do not hesitate to reach out. - Ramey

Construction, 2-10 employees