• icon"Simpplr's implementation and support teams are outstanding."
  • icon"Ease of use, analytics, search and speed at which users can be successful with the tool and end user adoption."
  • icon"Simpplr's rapid publishing and editing ability is fantastic."
  • icon"There is really nothing about Simpplr that I can complain about."
  • icon"Does not work if the internet is down, and we still have problems that have not been worked out by the company."
  • icon"In the aforementioned administrative issue I suffered, I would periodically receive error messages when attempting to publish."

Browse all Simpplr Reviews

• Have you used Simpplr and would like to share your experience with others?

Harrison

Company size: 1,001 - 5,000 employees

Great Platform for our Intranet

Shannon

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Easy for everyone. Really!

In evaluating intranets I knew we needed something that would be easy to administrate in the long run and even more than that we needed a product that was easy for our users. Simpplr has an A+ in my book for both of those. In addition, working with everyone at Simpplr has been very easy and they are quick to respond. We rolled out our first three departments in 6 weeks and went live on-time. Simultaneously we started our next round of teams and after only 4 months (since project launch) we have every single department live and every single user has created at least one piece of content. There's no way we could have done this so quickly with another application (I'm looking at you Australia). There are definitely some quality of life improvements I would like to see Simpplr make but I'll take the ease of use over more advanced features any day.

Pros

Ease of use. The setup and ongoing administration was the fastest and easiest software implementation I've been part of. On top of that, my users had a single 1 hour hands-on training session and they've been able to create hundreds of content pages without any help from me.

Cons

They don't use their own application for the help portal information. The support team is great and responds quickly but if you're just trying to look up information on their help site it's a bit tedious. I'd really like to see Simpplr have an Admin Site and a User Site that I could enable in my own environment that has how-to articles and short videos. Instead, right now I have to find the information through the help portal and then copy it into my environment for my users.

Reasons for choosing Simpplr

We needed a solution as quickly as possible and one that would be easy for our users. Simpplr was the perfect choice.

Cheryl

Industry: Law Practice

September 2022

Great platform AND support

Our implementation experience with Simpplr was quite honestly one of the easiest and most positive we've had with software. Often a company will focus on the sell, then leave you disappointed when it comes time to build and implement. Simpplr is proof that you can actually provide what you are selling, and that new software doesn't always have to be a struggle. I've found their level of support to be an incredible asset to the company. Even after launch, to have a representative who is thoroughly invested in the continued success of the project has been comforting and helpful.

Pros

The product is very easy to use, allows us to share news, events, knowledge, policies, etc with our employees in an organized way. I'm astounded we were able to go from scratch to launch in as few months as we did - we have the implementation team to thank for keeping us on track through the process.

Cons

There may be small features here and there that we have come across that we'd like to see, but the company is extremely receptive to feedback and updates are a breeze. They are very customer-forward and take our word for it when there's something we'd like to see improved.

Reasons for switching to Simpplr

Workplace was entirely focused on social interaction and feed. It was not at all designed to or helpful in keeping an organized source of information for our employees. When we met with the reps at Simpplr, they showed us everything an intranet could be, and it matched with what we had wanted for years.

Simpplr is Instagram for the workplace

I think this app actually improves our culture a great bit. The 5 stars are sincere. In the old days we’d go to the water cooler to get to know our coworkers. Now we’re at the water cooler asking if people have seen that new video on our Hub. So site helps fuel that connection with a virtual water coolers across the company.

Pros

Simpplr is like LinkedIn and Instagram had a baby and that baby insisted on being a business app. I know we’re not supposed to be social at work, but my favorite part is watching videos and photos that employees uploaded. Okay, maybe that isn’t the most productive use of my time but it does draw me to the site and get me to read my CEO’s weekly missives.

Cons

I’d like more emoticons. I’m joking, they actually have many.

Lisa

Industry: Oil & Energy

October 2022

The Simpplr Support Team is fantastic!

I have a fantastic account rep [SENSITIVE CONTENT] who still meets with me regularly to go over any questions or upcoming releases. I also love the support site. I can easily put in a ticket and the team does a phenomenal job of working with me to resolve any issues.

Pros

We do not have an IT team at our business, so I love that Simpplr is so easy that a Communications Manager can manage pretty much all of it!

Cons

It would be nice if there was an easier way to have an externally-facing instance that didn't require going through the Salesforce log-in process.

Reasons for choosing Simpplr

Ease of use and ability to connect and dynamically update from our Azure system.

Reasons for switching to Simpplr

Jive no longer had the level of support it used to provide prior being acquired by Aurea.

Kim

May 2022

Exceeded my (and my organization's) expectations.

Our business analysts researched 15 different software options while our HR team did their own separate research and we came together to share our findings and we had unanimously selected Simpplr, and now that we've successfully launched it, we know why it's considered the best of the best. It can be maintained by one person, or by a group of people, and it's easy to delegate who handles what. The best part is anyone in your organization can create content without having to be trained. It's as easy as navigating a basic website or posting a comment in social media. We have been very pleased with our decision to go with Simpplr and we built and rolled it out in the same quarter without having to hire tech consultants. Their customer service is fantastic.

Pros

Even the most technically challenged people can create, post and find content on Simpplr without any training. It's perfect for when your intranet doesn't live in IT. HR and/or marketing can launch and maintain without creating work for your already overloaded tech team. And Simpplr is constantly updating their product with new features. Unlike other intranets I've used that role out new features before they are ready, the updates Simpplr launches work great from the day they come out.

Cons

Coming off of years of SharePoint and Interact, it was hard to transition from the site/folder/page organization style, but once I got my head around every department and post not needing its own site, it actually provided a lot of freedom. I do miss the point-based recognition/reward system other intranets offer, but if your priority is to keep teams informed and connected this is the way to go for sure and you can find other way to reward teams. I do wish the feed could exist on the homepage without taking up so much real estate or requiring the latest and most popular posts to reappear. But maybe that change will happen in a future update.

Reasons for choosing Simpplr

Best customer service by a longshot! Super responsive and helpful. Pricing was clear and fair and I didn't have to worry that I'd go over budget on months during which I might need a little more help.

Reasons for switching to Simpplr

Needed tech/IT to manage/maintain site and we wanted every team member to be able to post without having to undergo training.

Diane

Simpplr makes employee communication easy!

Our experience with Simpplr is great - from the responsiveness to any technical questions to adopting to the software updates.

Pros

The ease of sharing information is unsurpassed. Simpplr has taken the challenges of employee communication to heart and provides the tools that editors need to share articles and company news. We can focus on our words, tell the stories that need to be told - and not worry about the technical side.

Cons

There are a few features that we'd like to see - and Simpplr takes our suggestions seriously by asking questions about our needs. The support we receive is amazing and appreciated by our internal teams.

Reasons for choosing Simpplr

Design options and overall ease of use.

Reasons for switching to Simpplr

We made the switch primarily because of ease of use. We also spoke to several other companies who use the product and heard only good comments.

Susan

Simply Outperforms Anything Else -- Employees Love it!

Overall, Simpplr allowed a disjointed company to come together as one business to inform, inspire and connect employees. It is the one channel everyone tunes into for the latest company news, "one-truth" reports and data, fun information about fellow teammates, and so much more. The ability to connect people in a visually smart and engaging manner makes internal communications that much more influential in moving the company's culture forward.

Pros

The technology is innovative, easy to use and encourages employee engagement. The ability to garner over 20+ insights, encourage comments and feedback, and provide a mobile experience is priceless. The ability to move at the speed of business is something that Simpplr offers. You can upload imagery, copy, videos and more that is attractive and engaging. It looks like a consumer-friendly site that helps business motivate, connect and inform employees.

Cons

There truly aren't that many items to list. Each time I had an issue, the team was responsive. Updates are super easy and the technology continues to improve.

Reasons for choosing Simpplr

Ease of use. Pricing. More importantly, Simpplr aligned with the internal communications strategy where it could empower content creators across the businesses to be engaged and successful. It was an easy choice.

Reasons for switching to Simpplr

The prior intranet was too clunky and too hard to upload information. Nobody cared to take the 15 minutes or more to upload a photo or story. It was awful. It was costly and ineffective.

Just What We Needed

Extremely positive. Great implementation team, and a great product that is getting better with every release.

Pros

Simpplr has the perfect mix of features and configurability without being overwhelming. It's easy to train employees to manage and create their own content. Also: it's very flexible from an implementation standpoint, so if at any point you need to pivot on your approach, it's easy to do.

Cons

The Simpplr designed user experience is easy and enjoyable. Every once in a while you have to dip into the Salesforce back-end for user management which is less easy to navigate. It's not often, so not an issue for us, and the security of Salesforce was a big selling point so it really evens out.

Reasons for choosing Simpplr

We are a complex organization, but needed an easy solution to implement since our organization traditionally runs lean. We did not have a big team and wanted to be able to move forward quickly. We did not have the time for a long and complicated strategy and planning phase.

Reasons for switching to Simpplr

Joomla was almost unusable. Even changing a link as a tedious task.

Beautiful, elegant turnkey modern intranet solution

Simpplr provided excellent guidance and support throughout the onboarding process and post-implementation. The customer success team is always available to help whenever we need it. Besides the high-quality product, Simpplr provides extensive industry research and thought leadership to position customers for success.

Pros

Simpplr's high quality visuals, page layouts and ease of use.

Cons

Reliance on Salesforce 'Files' system does create some limitations for document sharing, but this has not been a major issue.

Reasons for choosing Simpplr

Ease of implementation, ability to customize, 'clean' interface.

Keith

Industry: Package/Freight Delivery

September 2022

Making it Simppl(r)

Pros

It makes it easy for employees to engage.

Cons

The limitations of the way you can make the homepage/sites look.

Tim

Industry: Biotechnology

Fast, Easy, Intuitive Deployment

We could not be happier with the choice we made to select and deploy Simpplr.

Pros

I truly liked how easy it was to not only learn the product but to also be an administrator of it. We had a very short timeline of 6 weeks to design, create and deploy our new Intranet site. The Simpplr team was great to work with. The Simpplr platform makes it easy to deploy new team sites, new content, employees now have the ability to be more socially engaging. Our new Intranet has never been so easy to manage and update. Leveraging the Site Owner and Content Managers has enabled us to distribute the responsibilities to the individual teams.

Cons

The only downside to the tool is the limited functionality of the page creation. It has the basics, but it would be so much better if there were more features and functionality.

Reasons for choosing Simpplr

Simpplr has a great looking new modern platform with very little overhead to deploy, create and maintain content

Reasons for switching to Simpplr

We had a really stagnant old SharePoint site that was difficult to maintain, update and keep relevant. Simpplr solved all those issues.

Great tool for the workforce of today.

Our experience has been very positive from setup deployment. We needed a tool for a distributed workforce that would help bring people and content together. We have been through ~4 quarterly updates which are always great to see with new features and little to no impact on end users.

Pros

Ease of use, analytics, search and speed at which users can be successful with the tool and end user adoption. We came from a legacy tool that was deep in terms of features but somewhat cumbersome to create and curate content. We saw low adoption, content views and distrust in the search results. With Simpplr, our users can be successful with little to no guidance. We have a greater number of content creators than ever creating valuable, meaningful content.

Cons

No real issues with the tool, this was the right tool for us as an organization. Perceptually light weight but incredibly powerful. We have had a couple of key integrations that were not available when we deployed but these have been addressed in quarterly releases since we launched.

Reasons for choosing Simpplr

We knew that we were not going to have a large team to administer our Intranet. We needed an easy to use tool with built in features for analytics, content curation, governance, etc. that requires little training. We found exactly what we were looking for in Simpplr.

Reasons for switching to Simpplr

Our previous tool was perceived to be difficult to use and often required IT involvement to create content. We wanted a powerful, easy to use tool with a good mobile presence.

Felicity

July 2022

Great Solution for Driving Employee Experience

In addition to the team being responsive to requests, I've found that they are also great partners in our calls. Always a great source of information as we worked to get adoption and utilization numbers up over this initial year after implementation.

Pros

I use Simpplr daily to provide important real-time updates to our employees with their top headlines of the day in our intranet. The solution combines both documentation and social media elements so that it is not only intuitive in how to search for important need-to-know information (ex: HR policy documents, departmental guidelines, etc.) but also offers a sense of community as people are empowered to create their own user-generated content (UGC) to share on our more social sites. The team is also really receptive to feedback on suggested enhancements and has implemented some of the suggestions we've submitted like page read times and customized newsletters.

Cons

I believe there is always room for improvement like more scheduling options for posts, admin access to "comment" on behalf of an exec (execs and EAs would probably benefit from this feature), or implementing gamification to the system (ex: badges, points), some of these items are already something the team is working on for a future release! So, nothing much to complain about as the team is always working to address feedback received to make a better product and user experience. If it's not there--it's just a matter of being patient for the next release when it will be implemented!

Amber

A Modern Intranet Easy to Deploy & Use

We had a desire to improve communication throughout the organization. The Simmplr platform has provided us a way to easily and quickly make updates and disseminate them to staff. Plus it's a visually appealing and engaging system that many staff enjoy using.

Pros

We transitioned from an outdated home-grown intranet solution to Simpplr. The two systems are night and day! From a user perspective, Simpplr is modern and easy to navigate. From an admin & content creation perspective, it's intuitive and fast - and you really can't screw things up. Everything is easily adjustable, which makes experimenting with new content and features very easy. We were also able to transition all of our knowledge documents to be hosted on Simpplr, instead of having them on various servers and systems throughout the company. Plus, everything is easily searchable - from PDFs to content pages. It has really enabled a "one-stop shop" for our employees.

Cons

Because it's a 3rd party software, not all of the features are customizable. For example, we couldn't change the name of one of the tabs from "Apps" to "Links" (like our old system had) - so that required a bit of a learning curve at first for our users. We also discovered after launching that in-site search bars are only available to admins or site managers. While users can see the in-site search bar, if they use it, they get no results. It's a minor issue, but still a little odd.

Reasons for switching to Simpplr

Our old intranet was outdated, difficult to use, and lacked robust search capability.

Rachel

Simpplr is Simple

Overall Simpplr has been a great experience from first contact to implementation to launch. I expect that while we continue to build out our intranet that there will be more great things to come.

Pros

Simpplr is just that - SIMPLE to manage and use. The interface is very user-friendly and consistent while still offering a feeling of customization. Anyone can use it, which makes management of the intranet easy as we delegate information to specific departments and let them control their own sites and information without the hassle of a bottleneck. Working with the Simpplr team has also been fantastic. They are responsive, informed, and invested in your success as a customer. They are available anytime I have a question, or need support. My other favorite feature are the analytics that are simple to use and understand. Analytics hold the key to understand our audience and keep improving our intranet site.

Cons

There are a couple small glitches with the system that still haven't been worked out. For example, administrators see duplicate sites. There were some problems with the events calendar, and we're hoping to see some new features in the next couple months.

Reasons for choosing Simpplr

Our choice to go with Simpplr was ultimately due to the ease of use, management, and analytics that Simpplr provides that we couldn't find collectively in any other intranet software.

Bekie

Community Management Dream

Overall, every person that I've interacted with at Simpplr has been incredibly helpful. The sales team, implementation team, and now our customer success manager all seem like they really want us to have a successful community, and are not just trying to pile additional products to up the cost.

Pros

We recently moved our large intranet over from another vendor to the Simpplr platform. What I find the most refreshing about using this platform is that I could quickly tell they put a lot of research into the features they offer. They listen to their customers and respond accordingly to their needs. The system is a breeze to use. Their auto-governance tool is also incredibly helpful in assuring that our community is not a content graveyard, which had been a problem in the past. I've only had to contact their support team a couple of times so far, but I've been really impressed with the speed of response.

Cons

Can't really complain about anything. It's been a great experience so far.

Reasons for switching to Simpplr

Cost, lack of support, and overall functionality.

'Simple' to implement and great to use

Simpplr has always been approachable during the onboarding phase and very helpful in the implementation phase. We are confident of getting it right due to their support

Pros

I like how easy it was to understand the operating model and to design the intranet to suit multiple departments and functions. It's nice to only have to focus on the user facing functionality and design while all the inner workings are taken care of by the platform. It was an easy sell to IT and to the business to adopt Simpplr as our new intranet

Cons

We almost did not adopt simpplr because our information is not encrypted at rest. I would like some more control over limiting some features to admins only and not to site managers - like the ability to create unlisted sites

Reasons for choosing Simpplr

We knew we would go live with Simpplr much sooner and easier than we would with Drupal.

Reasons for switching to Simpplr

SharePoint was hard to customize and IT wanted to sunset the current application

Courtney