ManageEngine Patch Manager Plus Software Reviews

ManageEngine Patch Manager Plus Software Reviews

• icon"Patch Manager Plus has been easy to deploy to all my endpoints and its intuitive interface has allowed me to setup effective automation for my Windows and Third Party patching."
  • icon"I am impressed with the notifications and reporting as well."
  • icon"I like the fact that we can patch third party applications and able to deploy patches for a zero day quickly and seamlessly."
  • icon"The failure reasons for deployment tasks can be unclear, or if an agent isn't behaving as expected it can be tricky to pinpoint the issue."
  • icon"RHEL links to RPMs are constantly hitting pages that no longer exist with 404 errors."
  • icon"Instead we are relying on detailed auto install policies which work for us but this is the biggest limitation I have see thus far."

Browse all ManageEngine Patch Manager Plus Reviews

• Have you used ManageEngine Patch Manager Plus and would like to share your experience with others?

Jason

February 2022

A fantastic product for far less money!

An incredible value allowing us to add it to our existing stack of solutions without taking significant budgetary dollars from other cybersecurity initiatives.

Pros

RMM tools patch microsoft and some 3rd party products. The problem is, the number of applications with CVE's continues to grow and RMM patching is not keeping pace. PMP patches over 900 applications.

Cons

Complexity of the agent deployment and approvals. Policy and group configs are a bit counter intuitive.

Reasons for choosing ManageEngine Patch Manager Plus

Price and number of patched applications. History with other ManageEngine solutions.

Reasons for switching to ManageEngine Patch Manager Plus

Extensive list of applications patched vs. RMM. Price is far more affordable.

Response from ManageEngine

Hi Jason, Could you elaborate on the parts you found complex? You can write to patchmanagerplus-support@manageengine.com

Replied May 2022

October 2022

Trial - Patching Solution

The trial testing has gone great! We are looking for a patching solution and ME has been a great help!

Pros

I like the ease of setting up the environment. Pushing out the agents to the machines is an easy process. Being able to see the dashboard of what is missing is great! I like the fact I can push our certain patches if they are more critical.

Cons

No cons as of now, but will add some as we use the product going forward.

Reasons for choosing ManageEngine Patch Manager Plus

Still looking at them all, but ME gives us what we need at a good price.

Reasons for switching to ManageEngine Patch Manager Plus

Need a better solution that gives us more insight and flexibility.

Ogarekpe

Inexpensive Tool forEndpoints Patch Management

This tool allows me to deploy patches stressfree The dashboard is simple and only shows relevant features

Pros

I like that I can quickly see a condensed view of the patch installation progress for each endpoint. I could also run a filter and show only limited results

Cons

Too many new build releases within a short period of time. This consumes too much time and the connected endpoints clients need to be updated as well. Due to remote work, users sometimes put off the updates until they are physically availabale at the office

Reasons for choosing ManageEngine Patch Manager Plus

ManageEngine is cost effective and just about does the job

Nick

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

July 2022

Free Trial Review

I'm using the cloud version of PM+. It feels like I'm using an on-premise version that has been migrated to a web interface. You can set up computers as distribution servers to push patches across your network so not everything is going from the cloud. I feel like I'm missing out on the simple easy-to-use SAS that I expected though.

Pros

The software has support for many 3rd party apps. I had Heimdal and Action1 installed on my computer a while to test them. The ManageEngine PM+ agent was still able to find more patches I was missing. Installing the Agent is simple and works well.

Cons

The UI is not very user friendly because it seems out-of-date. Easy to get lost in the menus and the "Remote Offices" screen is not for what it sounds like. I'm trying to use "remote offices" to split up my departments into groups because the software lacks a feature for that elsewhere. I wanted to be able to customize computer patch policies by OU. You can link your domain and add the computers within an OU, but you can't just select the OU itself. This means if you move computers in/out of the OU, ManageEngine isn't going to recognize the new computers automatically. This feature seems just for adding computers to your portal rather than grouping them. I have multiple domains that aren't connected but I can only have 1 AD connector in ManageEngine. Either I set up a machine that uses VPNs to tunnel into all the sites as the AD connector, or I set up 3 different web portals as different accounts. Not something I should need to do for any SAS solution.

Reasons for choosing ManageEngine Patch Manager Plus

ManageEngine has more app support than Heimdal and Action1. It seems rare now to find a service that is just for patching and not a full RMM and security suite. I feel these other services don't give their patching feature enough attention.

Akshila

ManageEngine Patch Manager Plus

Overall this is really user-friendly patch deployment solution.

Pros

Considering other solutions, This has next-level agent-based patch deployment architecture and that helps me to hassle-free patch deployment. And also the dashboard is well designed and very user-friendly. For deploy patches, we only have to select the patch from the list and select the branch where we need to deploy the patch.

Cons

the price of the client license is really high and need more bandwidth power to run this.

Reasons for choosing ManageEngine Patch Manager Plus

This is a really good web-based, user-friendly, powerful solution

Reasons for switching to ManageEngine Patch Manager Plus

SCCM is really hard to manage. need more knowledge to fix errors

Response from ManageEngine

Hi Akshila, Glad that our product helped with your patching requirements. In case of any queries/feedback, do write to patchmanagerplus-support@manageengine.com

Replied July 2022

Patrice

February 2022

Great product

Pretty straightforward to implement.

Pros

Does what it's supposed to. Does not try to be an all in one software.

Cons

The language support lacks a bit of control.

Reasons for choosing ManageEngine Patch Manager Plus

Manages patches without doing anything else that I don't need. Supports the most third party apps.

Response from ManageEngine

Hi Patrice, Thank you for your feedback, will take this to the concerned teams. In case of any further queries, do write to patchmanagerplus-support@manageengine.com

Replied May 2022

September 2022

Very useful and unexpensive software

Our experience for us is that manage engine is a time saver as you can manage all the infraestructure updates and remote control from one place

Pros

The easy to implement and the easy to use

Cons

Nothing, this software worth every penny

Reasons for choosing ManageEngine Patch Manager Plus

The price and the capatabilities

Max

October 2022

A great piece of software

In terms of what I've tried so far, Patch manager is best-in-class, it may be daunting to learn and not be as clean and flashy as other applications, however it is very versatile and reliable.

Pros

The fact that the software is able to automatically update so many third party applications, alongside with office etc, and can allow automated testing and then deployment of these updates.

Cons

The software for me was very daunting to initially get used to, alongside filtering machines not feeling assnappy as I'd like.

November 2022

ManageEngine Patch Manager Plus

Pros

easy setup and deployment of windows and 3rd party updates

Cons

The cost for multi technicians , Auto deployment

My Patch Manager Plus Review

Pros

ManageEngine Patch Manager Plus supports lots of third party apps which made us to choose this software.

Cons

User interface is not user friendly, other than that everything is awesome.

Brandon

Patch Manager Plus Review

Really good. It was very easy to get started and anytime I needed support assistance, they are available via chat in a matter of seconds.

Pros

To me what makes this product so great is it does NOT utilize the built in Windows Update service that has been giving us trouble for so long. ME uses their own agent / service. This has made the patching process a lot smoother during our trial. The management console is also super user friendly and very easy to navigate.

Cons

it made our patch scheduling for production servers a bit difficult because there is no option to manually click install when ready to start installation. instead we are relying on detailed auto install policies which work for us but this is the biggest limitation I have see thus far.

Reasons for choosing ManageEngine Patch Manager Plus

Automox relied on the built in Windows Update service causing many issues from the beginning. Kaseya utilized their own agent like Patch Manager Plus but: 1) they were a lot more expensive 2) the console was not user friendly and was filled with tons of features that we did not have access to.

Reasons for switching to ManageEngine Patch Manager Plus

SW was an extremely manual process and we were looking for something more automated. Also, having a cloud solution makes patching off network devices such as laptops a lot easier.

Response from ManageEngine

Hello Brandon We do have the option to manually deploy updates. You can know more about manual deployment in the link below: http://tiny.cc/manual-deployment In case of future queries, you can write to us at patchmanagerplus-support@manageengine.com

Nick

Industry: Defense & Space

Cost effective and comprehensive coverage

Patch Manager has reduced our labour effort in monthly "Patch Tuesday" rollouts hugely, and also improved coverage as only an Internet connection is required for patch application and visibility.

Pros

The simple cloud-based deployment and management has been a major benefit for us during COVID in the shift to hybrid working. Whereas previously devices required an onsite or VPN connection for patch application and scanning, now only an Internet connection is required. This means our time to patch is massively reduced and consequently security exposure also reduced. Coverage of third-party applications is very good, and far exceeds the other products we looked at.

Cons

The inability to precisely schedule patch timing can be frustrating, and the conversion of Microsoft hex error numbers into signed decimal error codes is annoying.

Reasons for choosing ManageEngine Patch Manager Plus

Better coverage of third-party applications and flexible scheduling options

Reasons for switching to ManageEngine Patch Manager Plus

Needed a solution that worked well for off-site machines and covered non-Microsoft products

Response from ManageEngine

Hi Nick, Happy to hear that Patch Manager Plus helped with the transition to remote work. Could you elaborate on your scheduling requirements? You can write to patchcloud-support@manageengine.com

Replied July 2022

Jack

Industry: Maritime

Very effective patch management

Overall I would highly recommend the product for patch management, which can be used in both domain and workgroup environments. It offers good value for money, for the amount of time saved.

Pros

We used the cloud hosted product, it was very easy to set up and deploy to all of our endpoints. The software makes it easy to identify machines which are missing critical patches, so that you can focus on fixing the high priority cases. Using a distribution server means that you can save on bandwidth, which is a useful benefit in some use-cases. Patch scheduling and behaviour is customisable, e.g. auto reboot can be enabled/disabled.

Cons

Technical support has been a poor experience for us, it can take a lot of time to resolve issues, or to ensure they look at your problem in more detail. The interface is a little bit slow/clunky, it could be more intuitive. The failure reasons for deployment tasks can be unclear, or if an agent isn't behaving as expected it can be tricky to pinpoint the issue.

Price

Price

Response from ManageEngine

Hello Jack, I'll pass your feedback to the support team to improve your technical support experience in future. Further, we'll also look into improving the user interface as well as the error texts. In case of future feedback, you can write to us at patchmanagerplus-support@manageengine.com

Charles

Limited support options.

Product is good. Patch manager needs to follow ADmanager/Adaudit chat session support process. It's a painful process to reach out to support and get a timely resolution.

Pros

Our organization uses 4 different ManageEngine products and I don't understand why they don't use the same process for support across the board. ADmanager and ADaudit have excellent chat support. They don't hesitate to ingage in a remote session right away to help resolve an issue. I'm not saying patch manager support is bad, I have issues with the process. When using the chat feature, they will not remote in. They only do chat and screen shots. They will only schedule a remote session after going back and forth over email. I think it really hurts the customer.

Cons

Can be a bit buggy. They're always pushing new builds. My biggest complaint is the chat support process. It takes to long to resolve an issue, if they resolve it period.

Reasons for choosing ManageEngine Patch Manager Plus

Because I thought support would be as good as our other 3 manageengine products. Unfortunately, it is not. It's a painful process to reach out and try to get support on some issues.

Response from ManageEngine

Hello Charles, We're constantly trying to streamline our QA process when it comes to pushing new builds. We'll pass your feedback to the concerned team and ensure the process is improved further. I'll also pass your feedback to the support team to enhance the ticket resolution process as well as overall support experience in future. In case of any future feedback, you can write to us at patchmanagerplus-support@manageengine.com

Will

Patch Manager Plus Cloud SaaS Capabilities

Security posture of Microsoft Endpoints for users working from Home was a big challenge as third party software was causing security non-compliance events and disrupting the M365 Conditional Access policies. Since deploying ManageEngine Patch Manager Plus from the ManageEngine cloud portal our security posture for both Microsoft and third party software has become much better and we no longer experience non-compliant conditional access blocks because of out of date software.

Pros

The product is very well designed for an on premises Active Directory network. It will work with remote Azure AD only devices directly from a cloud SaaS subscription but encounters some limitations around Feature Update Packs from Microsoft for Enterprise editions of Windows 10. All security rollups are deployed transparently as if users were on the corporate LAN. Overall this is an excellent product and with a bit of refinement feature updates to adjust to Azure AD only attached devices it will become a very powerful tool for security posture enforcement.

Cons

It is not yet a seamless Cloud SaaS experience when using only Azure AD with no on-premises AD.

Reasons for choosing ManageEngine Patch Manager Plus

Easier engagement and the costs were better.

Jerard

Industry: Publishing

Patch Manager Plus Makes My Job Easier

The ability to schedule custom jobs for workstations versus servers greatly helps. The custom jobs including being able to use wake-on-lan to update the machines after business hours. We are a small IT staff and I handle all of the infrastructure related tasks including updates. This has greatly reduced the time I spend each week getting updates/patches deployed. After using it for a while there is very little effort needed in getting deployments scheduled.

Pros

The ability to download and deploy patches with ease for both Windows and OSX.

Cons

It took a little getting used to but that is probably my fault for not reading and going through the demo.

Reasons for choosing ManageEngine Patch Manager Plus

It met our requirements for Windows, OSX, and WOL. It was also very reasonable priced especially for a nonprofit organization.

Reasons for switching to ManageEngine Patch Manager Plus

Needed more of a scheduled deployment outside of group policy and a way to update OSX.

Response from ManageEngine

Hello Jerard, We're happy to know Patch Manager Plus has helped you with patching endpoints in your organization. In case of future queries, you can write to us at patchmanagerplus-support@manageengine.com

Don't Delay, Use Patch Manager Plus

Pros

While we are an SCCM shop, the use of Patch Manager Plus is amazing. It is easy to use from reporting to pushing patches, querying workstations, and setting up automated deployment rules. This tool has helped us "set it and forgot it" as it just runs (at least for the workstations that can be managed that way). ManageEngine is always looking to better their products and that is what I like about them.

Cons

I feel the on-premises Patch Manager Plus environment runs a little slow from a web server and SQL connection. While both servers have plenty of power, just seems the software should respond quicker. This is why we are moving to Patch Manager Plus in the cloud as it is super fast.

Easier to use!