• icon"System Area Manager very user-friendly. Remote Support is also easy to use - just wish we had the option to see users' second or third screen."
  • icon"I like how it can do almost anything we can think of. It helps us not have to use so much manpower for projects and implementation."
  • icon"For example, we were looking to at an insurance module for our student Chromebook program and that functionality is now built into the system. Customer support is absolutely top notch."
  • icon"The user interface is a little confusing in some areas. Syncing can be slow at times to the point where I am wondering if it is actually performing a task or is just hung up."
  • icon"Sometimes the locking down of the missing iPads didn’t seem to work. I may have been doing something wrong though."
  • icon"Cannot close multiple helpdesk tickets at a time. Response time even in a heavily resourced environment is poor."

Browse all SyAM Software Reviews

• Have you used SyAM Software and would like to share your experience with others?

Tim

Multiple Implementations

I've worked with some other, similar products before, and this is by far the most capable. Additionally, the company is U.S. based and support is almost always available the same day with quick resolutions.

Pros

It does exactly what you need it to in terms of Asset Management, Remote Support, and software deployment

Cons

So far I haven't had anything bad that hasn't been able to be resolved

Reasons for choosing SyAM Software

Past experience with all three products. Syam was the most hand-on company and personally cared about my implementation.

Reasons for switching to SyAM Software

Spiceworks was pretty, but slow and that was a huge detriment to the environment.

Response from SyAM Software

Tim, Thank you for your review. Glad to hear the features are covering all of your asset management requirements. Will be in touch later in the month to see how the Help desk roll out is going. Nick

Replied September 2019

Stephen

Goes above and beyond.

We were looking for a product to easily push out software. Syam had the way to do and fairly simple. The other features were an added bonus and saved us money. We also switched to their helpdesk solution as well

Pros

Not only does it do power management, it also does inventory, helpdesk ticketing, pushes out software and patches, integrates into your network and chrome or Apple devices. Also you to manage your mobile devices. All around great product that ties multiple features into one product.

Cons

Lots of emails for the ticketing system but with email rules it can be managed or there is the option to turn off alerts.

Reasons for choosing SyAM Software

All in one product unlike everything separate and easy to use.

Reasons for switching to SyAM Software

Previous product was complicated and expensive. Tech support was terrible.

Response from SyAM Software

Stephen Thank you for your positive review. Its great to hear that our features are benefiting your school district with managing your assets. We've enjoyed working with you rolling out SyAM over the last few years. I agree the emails from ticketing can be overwhelming and we've got changes in the pipeline to enable more control around alerting. Nick

Replied August 2019

Pros

The software offers many different services. The help desk ticketing portion of the system is well done.

Cons

Some aspects of the system are not intuitive and in return the software can be very complicated to use. Support has been great however in helping navigate though some of the tougher features of the software.

Response from SyAM Software

John, Thank you for bringing up your concern of the ease of use. I'll be in touch shortly to setup a training, that way we can cover all features and help improve the use of the software. Nick

Sharon

Syam Software

Customer support is outstanding! Representative always responds immediately to any request for help. Their level of assistance and training far exceeds any other software vendor by far! Having so many software components integrated into a singular software package has improved productivity, efficiency and overall software costs.

Pros

We use this software for our Asset Management, Ticketing System , MDM, Power Management, alerts on server/computer health, storage issues, reporting on what software is installed on our computers and remote access to our clients. We also have the ability to push 3rd party software to our computers . The Asset Management has helped us with our Inventory, assigning devices to staff and students and has been beneficial to us in collection of chromebooks at the end of the year. The import and export functions have been of great value to us. The ticketing system has allowed us to work more efficiently. Our users are able to create tickets easily by going to our helpdesk portal or by launching the desktop icon from their system tray. By customizing the ticket system, we are able to get as much information from our users immediately for us to assess and address the problem as quickly as possible and in some cases tickets are automatically assigned to a technician. We are also able to take advantage of the remote desktop feature directly to assist our users if a visit is not necessary. The MDM has been the best solution for our District. We have purchased and trialed many different products and have found Syam the best for managing our iPads, Apps and Apple TV's . We just got Google Integration into the MDM. We are still exploring this, but have found it to be very helpful already. Our technicians are just starting to use this feature but their feedback has been positive.

Cons

I really have no Cons. If there is something we think would be useful to us, it is usually addressed in an upcoming update.

Response from SyAM Software

Sharon, Thank you for your detailed review. I'm glad the hear the features incorporated into the software are greatly assisting your school district. Its been great working with you and getting feedback. Nick

Pamela

SyAM one stop for all!

It has been exceptional!

Pros

By using the SyAM applications - it has reduced the time in so many different ways. Making the daily work load so much less than it was. We use SyAM for asset management , one benefit is that is has taken away the task of touching each machine to grab the mac address for MAC authentication. We just run a report and grab it from the SyAM asset management application. It also helps us with our yearly inventory report that needs to be presented to the BOE. We use SyAM for our MDM - by using SyAM we touch the machines once when they come in and then we never see them again unless the screen breaks. We use SyAM for our ticketing system. We had a reduction in staff this year and the ticketing system has been amazing. When a ticket is created - it is sent out to the techs and they are able to respond in a reasonable time, making everyone happy. I am so glad we have this system. The support from SyAM is fantastic. I have never been disappointed.

Cons

I would like to clean up the ticketing system so it flows better for the end user. I am pretty sure this is on my end not SyAM. I can't really think of anything that we do not like about the software.

Reasons for switching to SyAM Software

SyAM had more to offer at the time

Response from SyAM Software

Pam, Thank you for the kind words on our support, I'll let everyone know here that they are doing a great job. Glad to hear that our software is helping on all fronts of your IT department. Will be in touch to work on updating the ticketing system to utilize all of our features and assist with the additional workload due to the staff reduction. Nick

Lauren

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

SyAM Software

SyAM has been a good solution for us this last year. We were looking for a system which could help us eliminate multiple vendors and costs for MDM, inventory, helpdesk, power management and software installs. We are actively working with SyAM to discuss desired features and adjustments to the system and are thankful they are willing to be part of the conversation.

Pros

We have tried many helpdesk/MDM/inventory systems and this one is very intuitive to learn. The customization level is decent and the support from the company staff has been amazing. Someone is always a phone call away and willing to explain or remote into the system. Their support documentation is also very detailed which makes it easy to follow along with steps to something you are unfamiliar with. The MDM groups system is wonderful. This saves us a lot of time over previous systems that we have used. Moving from bucket to bucket is also a breeze which makes things quickly. We have not full explored he functionality of features such as remote access or the machines "health" statues. We plan on using SyAM for the foreseeable future and I look forward to exploring more of its features.

Cons

The cons that I have about this software seem to all be items SyAM is working on, which is nice. The MDM system currently does not allow assignment based on ID's like some other systems. Currently the helpdesk system is not integrated with Google SSO sign in for our organization, which does not allow us to use the helpdesk end-user portal. In the future they say this will be possible and we are very much looking forward to it! I would also love to see an upgraded UI. Things like color coding, clearly labeled organization, and graphic design go a long way with technology staff.

Response from SyAM Software

Lauren, Thank you for your review, I'm glad the help desk roll out has gone well. I will let the staff know that the online help and documentation are helpful.. Please be assured we are working hard on bringing the features requested for MDM and Google integration Nick

Richard

Great software

Syam has help us get a control on our assests and management of the desktops/laptops from one location. Been using the software for 5 plus years. The last school district I was in started using. So when I started with a new district that had the software but was not using it. I contacted support to get it up and running. They actually made several site visits to assist in the setup of the software.

Pros

It is a great tool to manage desktop and laptops. We were able to deploy secure browsers to all of our desktop and laptops that needed the browser install. We have been able to update Java and Internet browswers with a few simple steps. Our iPads are easier to track now and deploy APPS to them using the SyAM software. We were able to save the district over $15,000 a year by switch to Syam for the IT ticketing system. We are able to ask for more inforamation when a ticket is being entered by the end user. Asset management has been help also.

Cons

When switching from the ticket system to asset management you cannot have two tabs open with each showing up.

Reasons for choosing SyAM Software

It was in place and had used it in the past.

Response from SyAM Software

Rich, Glad to hear about the savings and all of the functions you're utilizing with SyAM. Lets discuss the use case for the multi screen asset/ticketing requirement Nick

Steven

SyAM Software Review

Workflows are better than ever. We have a great handle on our assets. Overall a great product for the money.

Pros

The product is a one-stop shop for all our asset management and ticketing needs. We also have some specific circumstances in our district and the developers of the product have been excellent at providing customized solutions in a timely fashion. For example, we were looking to at an insurance module for our student Chromebook program and that functionality is now built into the system. Customer support is absolutely top notch. New features that we haven't asked for but are quite helpful are constantly being added to the platform. For example, we have a full mobile device management system which is also being heavily used by my techs.

Cons

Early on in our adoption of the product, the software could be buggy at times. Instances such as this are quite rare. Other than that, I have not complaints about the software at all.

Response from SyAM Software

Steve Thank you for your review. It's been great working with you on the Ticketing and Chromebook Insurance and are grateful to have feedback from your team to make the product even better. I'm glad the MDM roll out has been helpful in managing your mobile assets. Nick

George

Great Multi-Role Software with great support

With SyAm we have a much needed platform for energy management, resource management and mobile device management.

Pros

I love the ability and support to be able to customize it to our needs. I like the real-time updates, the reporting structure, and the ability to customize templates including the automatic e-mail responses.

Cons

While the end user sees a very simple interface, the mid-level needs a bit of training to interact with the system. The KB is a bit clunky.

Reasons for choosing SyAM Software

Overall capabilities of the platform.

Reasons for switching to SyAM Software

Schooldude was not as flexible as we would have liked.

Response from SyAM Software

George Thank you for your review, I'll send your feedback on the KB and make sure that's improved over the next few months. NIck

Replied November 2019

Roberta

Automating processes

Distributing software is easy once you understand their process. They work with you from the beginning through all processes. They still keep in touch and ask if there is anything they can do to help. Their help desk is a little difficult to set up but after that it is easy and informative.

Pros

The software allows you to automate many processes. The team works with you to customize what they already have in production and then works with you on any add-ons you would like. Their assistance in setting up the software and working with you every step of the way to make sure you are successful.

Cons

there isn’t much to say here, they are helpful and stay in touch.

Reasons for switching to SyAM Software

Ease of one solution. I used this in a previous district and was very happy with the results. My team needed to decide for themselves which I gave them the option to do. They decided that this software was a valuable tool

Response from SyAM Software

Roberta It's been a pleasure working with you over the last few years and look forward to the new roll out this summer. Nick

Matthew

Software for everything

It is the best product for schools if they want to figure out what they have in place in all their buildings. The support and customer experience is fantastic. It is a company that is always hands-on with their customers. If there are problems with the software I always get support within the hour or at least one business day.

Pros

I like how it can do almost anything we can think of. It helps us not have to use so much manpower for projects and implementation. It is easy to navigate and use for anyone.

Cons

only thing is sometimes it can be buggy. The support staff has been great with resolving issues but it does happen.

Response from SyAM Software

Matt Thanks for your kind words. Its been great working with you as your roll out more of our features. Unfortunately, no software product is perfect, and we try our best to qualify all types of environments on the new features. I appreciate your communication and access to resolve any issues quickly and with minimal disruption. Nick

Ramon

SyAM System at TON

The remote support to other PCs is very helpful for us, but like I stated above; wish we had the option to see users' second or third screen when they used.

Pros

1) Site Manager Suite very user-friendly 2) System Area Manager very user-friendly 3) Remote Support is also easy to use - just wish we had the option to see users' second or third screen.

Cons

These are not 'CONS" per se but I just need to get more acquainted with the Management Utility modules. I have had worked on some features but I need more training on them.

Response from SyAM Software

Ramon, Thank you for your review. I'd be glad to schedule some time in the next few weeks to come in and provide more training. I will keep you posted as we investigate the ability for multi screen support. Nick

Outstanding

It is a very powerful software suite and I can't say enough good things about the customer support.

Pros

The customer support is top notch and the software does what it is supposed to do very well.

Cons

I really haven't found any cons. The software is outstanding.

Response from SyAM Software

James, Thank you for your kind words, its been great working with you over the years at Kirbyville and now Buna Nick

Angela

Daily use of syam

The support has been outstanding and I am looking forward to learning more about syam and using it to its full potential

Pros

The ability to have a remote view and control over our devices

Cons

There are so many steps to configuring the devices and some of the steps are confusing and complex for the average user

Response from SyAM Software

Angela, Thank you for the feedback. We are working on simplifying the enrollment process and MDM user Interface. I would welcome the opportunity to come and present the new interface to get your valuable user feedback. Nick

terry

MIS Manage

Pros

Ticketing, asset management, interface with GAC, remote control

Cons

I find the report function a little cumbersome

Reasons for choosing SyAM Software

cost, support, it was developed to be used by an IT department

Response from SyAM Software

Terry, Thank you for your review, I agree with your comment on reporting and we are working on improving this feature. Nick

Suthakar

RDP and ticketing

Nice to use and less price

Pros

Easy to automate to discover and install agent automatically, and we can take quick RDP session.

Cons

Report we need little more data. For example, In that software summary report we can find out asset number.

Cheap and best

Response from SyAM Software

Suthakar Thank you for your review. Nick

Replied September 2019