• Pros

• "Very easy to use! Love the way the screens are set up."

• "Easy to see what is coming in and out and kennel space. Quick and easy to use, has most information that is needed."

• "-user friendly -simple and easy to navigate -great technical support"

• Cons

• "Can't change invoices if you mess up on it at all. Good for keeping employees honest but should have administrative override with a password or something."

• "I would prefer to update records immediately, in some cases that's not easy, when I reopen the application there are generally allot of updates to close out. "

• "need to make separate entry for each animal in boarding if in separate pens. Would be easy if it had an option to make another booking for same dates and times. "

Browse PetLinx Reviews

Sandra from Dog Kidz Country Daycare & Boarding

Adaptability and value. After a year and half, we are very happy and satisfied with the program.

Pros

Best features are flexibility, value and service. Pet care is very often a small business that is highly individualized. Having a program that can be purchased in sections (boarding, daycare, grooming) and then having a good amount of flexibility within the program to adapt to each business is a good thing. The entire program is a good value and can be purchased outright with just service as an annual investment. The service is outstanding and responsive.

Cons

The manual is the weakest. The manual is there as well as "help on this page". However, the help index rarely seems to actually help and most explanations are brief. Sometimes you need the long version!

Response from Software Revolutions

Replied May 2018

Thanks for your great review Sandra, we really value having you as a customer and appreciate your suggestions which are always helpful :-).

Anne from Pudelian Kennels

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

PetLinx....... in a word GREAT!

This software is a reliable and easy to use product and, we believe, good value for money. It will take a lot to beat it.

Pros

Easy to use, clear instructions, easy to transition to, fabulous timely personal support, and not a "static" product - [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and his team continue to improve, build and refine the software to include wants and needs of its users.

Cons

I would love more financial type reports without having to upload to my accounting programme.

Reasons for Choosing PetLinx

Petlinx as a whole product best met our needs

Response from Software Revolutions

Replied December 2019

Thanks so much Anne, it's been our pleasure to have you as our customer :-)

There are a lot of updates that could be & someone in the industry should be consulted

used as our schedule for bookings

Pros

layout and colorful design and ability to add multiple employees to the calendar as well as the right click and drop down boxes i also like that it integrates so well with cayan also the ability to make dtailed groom notes on every dog

Cons

unable to split tips between a bather and groomer on the same transaction a handful of technical glitches and i feel like an industry professional should be consulted on future updates

Response from Software Revolutions

Replied November 2017

As this reviewer has chosen to keep their details private we can't verify that they are an actual customer, but it does appear suspicious and we have asked Capterra to remove it. A strange comment that we need to consult an "industry professional", we would like to think our customers that we interact with on a daily basis are industry professionals :-)

Robin from Pawsitive Karma

Petlinx

A+++

Pros

Features and support is very responsive.

Cons

None really its a really good program that I would recommend.

Reasons for Choosing PetLinx

Features and ease of use and set up. Its a product you can grow into.

Response from Software Revolutions

Replied June 2020

Thank you Robin, we're glad you chose us and very happy to have you as our customer!

Brian from The Pampered Puppy

September 2016

The best for your business

After downloading all the demos for all the software out there, we looked at speed and ease to use. Petlinx was by far the best all around software out there. When we noticed a quirk in the software we emailed them about it and they fixed it within days, we had not bought the software at this point. They are quick to listen to our concerns and suggestions to improve and implement them. So in 2005 we purchased Petlinx and have seen the product improve, grow and expand just as our business has grown. You can now have multiple locations from a single database and have centralized booking with the network edition. All the reports and letters that can be printed out can be totally customized to meet our needs. Through the years we have pushed this software to see what it can do as we have grown and it has always done the job for us. We are looking forward to see what's in the future for Petlinx. We do highly recommend this software to everyone.

Pros

The ability to see your day in the calendar and to be able to just drag and drop appointments between groomer and even between days is important. There are reports for just about everything. Easy to use. Very quick tech support.

Cons

The retail end is a little lacking - but they are working on improving that as of the time of this review.

Response from Software Revolutions

Replied September 2016

Thanks for the great review Brian! We've appreciated having you on board for all these years and value your suggestions and know-how greatly. P.S free demo is for 30 days :-)

Georgia from Woofingtons Luxury Dog Stay

Woofys

i couldnt find a catagorie for my work (boarding kennel & doggy daycare) hence why i put Veterinary. we run a luxury dog stay (kennel & daycare) in our Castle looking over the whole of Wellington. we love PetLinx!

Pros

I like a lot of things about it. but if i had to choose would either be the range of reports you can read/print or how you can get the outstanding balances to pop up when the software is opened. and this was my google review: We use PetLinx at Woofington’s at it is great, especially after it’s latest update. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is amazing and so easy to deal with and always has an answer to any problems we have and fixes it pretty much instantly, can’t recommend this company enough, if you have a kennel, doggy day care or grooming business I definitely recommend getting PetLinx!

Cons

We used to have more than one computer connected to PetLinx and when that was happening the software ran quite slow and would freeze regularly but now we have switched back to just the one and no network connection we have had NO problems with PetLinx. so i dont really have something a like least!

Response from Software Revolutions

Replied March 2020

Thanks Georgia, you're always such a pleasure to deal with! Just to clarify your comment about the software running slow - you were using our Cloud edition and the slowness was due to the terrible internet you have at Woofingtons. Now that you've switched to the Desktop edition your internet is not a factor :-)

Jennifer from Pet-i-cut Junction

Industry: Veterinary

Its good, wont switch, but it could be better.

Pros

Easy to keep track of pets and clients, easy to keep notes on pets and clients.

Cons

Limited capabilites w/o spending more money to customize, ie reports, changing input fields, etc. New updates take away features that were useful in the past. System is a little pricey, especially for the renewal for multiple computers

Response from Software Revolutions

Replied January 2020

Hi Jennifer, thank you for your review and we're happy to have you as a customer for 7+ years :-) Just want to clarify some of the items you have listed however: - customizing reports does not cost you anything! There's a complete report editor built in to PetLinx. Adding new custom fields for you will of course invoke a cost as it involves development time for us. - Not sure which features you are referring to, to our knowledge we have not removed any features and have added many since you have been with us. - Your annual support and updates payment is only $229, which includes unlimited phone, email, and remote support as well as software updates with new features. We believe this compares very favorably with competitor pricing. Happy to discuss any of these in more detail through our normal contact methods :-).

Donna from Best Friends Grooming

Petlinx software review

Modernization of bookkeeping with the grooming, able to keep accurate records of pets/owners. Overall extremely pleased.

Pros

I like the different modules taylored specifically suit my industry, which is pet grooming. It (the program) is highly customizable and has many reports that also can be modified to suit an indiviual business needs as well as integrate with your financial programs such as quickbooks. Customer service is outstanding.

Cons

It is a little difficult or at least for me to modify some of the reports, if not comfortable with computer programs, but there are tutorials and support that is more than willing to walk someone through it.

Response from Software Revolutions

Replied January 2019

Thank you for your great review Donna! Yes the Report Designer enables you to customize any report and can take a bit of learning to use it to it's full potential, but we're always here to help.

Michael from Evergreen Cat Lodge

Excellent Software for Pet Boarding Facility

We are very satisfied. One of the best things about this company is how responsive they are to support needs. They know that your business depends on their software working and if you encounter a problem they respond quickly and get things running again.

Pros

Very easy to learn and use. Highly customizable.

Cons

Pretty much does everything we need. We did contract (pay) to add some minor features when we first bought this software.

Response from Software Revolutions

Replied December 2019

Thanks for your great review Mike, we're very happy to have supported you over the years!

Dawn from Pooches N' Purrs Pet Salon

Software

Overall is very good. Again, much better than the old software I used. Love that I get lots of updates.

Pros

I didn't see a option for Pet Groomer so I chose Veterinarian. However, we are groomers here. I use a lof of newer functions I did not have on my old software. One is a reminder of the customer's last groom and they love getting that.

Cons

When I chose the name of the groomer who groomed the dog, I wish that name would automatically go on the invoice also.

Response from Software Revolutions

Replied December 2019

Thanks you for your great review Dawn! BTW our standard invoice template does show the groomer on it. You may have customized the invoice in the past and inadvertently removed this, in any case get in touch with our support team and we'll help you get this back on :-)

June 2016

GINGAT from SCEA Elevage Des 4 Pattes

Industry: Farming

June 2016

Simple, stable and reliable !

We were looking for a simple but modern software for our boarding, we live in France and we found many sharewares, many outdated softwares that use old technology and without support. Then we tried PetLinx, we we're a little afraid to use an US program because US is not our main language but we were pleased to see that a French translation is provided. Installation is really easy and the software is updated regulary, really simple to use but powerfull, without fancy gadgets that may overload the software.

Pros

-Updates, this software is updated regulary -Tech support is really fast and open to suggestions to improve the software -Really stable -Simple and fast to use, i can add a new client and reservation in less than 1mn -Report builder is powerfull -Full demo version available

Cons

-French translation can be better (but useable) -The main view (calendar) may be more customisable (eg box1,box2 with blue background color, box3,box4 with green background color ..)

Response from Software Revolutions

Replied June 2016

Merci beaucoup Florent! We really appreciate your great review, and are glad you have found PetLinx to your liking. French is not our first language so please feel free to send through details to us of where the translation is not quite right, and we will get it fixed. Merci encore :-)

Gail from ClipPets

Petlinx AAA+++

I started using Petlinx 2 or 3 in 2008, after a rocky start due to my lack of knowledge of computers and how they work I found Petlinx staff to be most helpful and always fast to respond to my questions and problems. I have just upgraded to Petlinx 5 and couldn't be happier, Having Petlinx in my salon has made a huge difference to my workload with me being able to download reports for my accountant as well as day to day tasks, stocktake is much easier as well, I love it:)

Pros

Easy to use, upgrades fix little things as the program evolves

Cons

I would like to be able to delete or move a vendor or vet, for example if they close down or are no longer required into a seperate file so that the lists are showing currently used/needed entries

Response from Software Revolutions

Replied September 2016

Thanks very much for your great review Gail, we've appreciated having you as a customer all these years and trust we'll have many more! We've added you suggestion into our to-do list.

Ray from Tallowood Boarding Lodge

The program does more than I had hoped for.

We have been operating a successful boarding facility for 18 years with a database that we long ago outgrew. As my husband is an ex-computer engineer, we were reluctant to switch because we 'knew' that with any change of computer systems problems follow. Not so with PetLinx. I introduced PetLinx into our very busy business on the 1st January, so that I could link it with the financial quarter. So from day one, we made the program work hard and it hasn't let us down. We have found an astounding number of ways to make PetLinx aid us to save time, keep our customers informed and get on on top of repetition in the office. No more accidental overbooking, forgetting to get a deposit, forgetting to charge for a requested bath - or worse still, not doing a paid for a bath. Last night I even realized it could assist with a revamp of our fire evacuation plan for our pets. I believe that I have yet to reach the potential of this program. In addition, I would be remiss if I failed to mention the excellent customer service I have received. Trust a kiwi to be unfailingly kind, patient and always follow through. I requested quite a few changes in the program to meet our needs and each was done in a professional and timely manner. Thanks, heaps. We look forward to a long and enjoyable journey with PetLinx. Keep up the great work.

Pros

The flexibility.

Response from Software Revolutions

Replied January 2017

Wow, what an awesome review Ray - we're lucky to have YOU as a customer! It's been a real pleasure dealing with you and we're glad our little changes have made all the difference for you. Here's to many more years ahead :-)

Rebecca from De Kattenhoek

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Functional pet hotel software.

Pros

The software makes my administration easier, especially for the accounting part. It saves time and money.

Cons

I find the forms and documents very difficult to adjust and almost impossible to design yourself. Customized forms are very expensive for small businesses. I try to come by with the available forms, but they are often not optimal for my business. As I only use the pet hotel part there are frequent updates that are of no use to me and in that case the yearly fee for updates and service is quite expensive for the use I get out of it.

Response from Software Revolutions

Replied May 2019

Thank you for your review Rebecca! We're glad it's making a positive difference for your business. I believe you're referring to customizing the built-in reports, for which we supply a report editor. While it is a full-featured tool with a ton of features, to do common tasks like add/remove fields or change fonts or labels it is quite simple to do. We'll be happy to give you a quick training session on using it if you like? As you use the boarding module there will be some updates that only contain grooming or daycare related fixes. In these cases you can choose to not install these updates. Dank je :-)

JEFF from Pampered Puppies

Pampered Puppies Review

Overall very good experience. Like the fact that you have the option of purchasing the software instead of being forced to have a monthly subscription.

Pros

I like the ease of making bookings, adding new clients, and adding their pets.

Cons

It would be nice if there was a way to create an invoice or ticket for services or items purchased without having to create a boarding invoice. As it stands now it is difficult or impossible to modify an invoice after completion. We have clients pay at time of drop off. Sometimes after they have paid they may decide they want some of our extras or have forgotten to add something.

Response from Software Revolutions

Replied March 2019

Thanks for your review Jeff. You can use the "Retail Sales" section of an invoice to charge a customer without creating a booking. And we will soon be enhancing the invoicing system to relax the rules around modifying an existing invoice, to make it easier to adjust charges :-).

Alan from All Seasons Pet Resort Ltd

September 2016

Petlinx. A user friendly, practical and multi functional database.

We have used Petlinx for many years after using the trial period. It has become and extremely useful tool for our business and has stood up to the growth that our company has experienced without failure. We have found the platform very easy to use and training our staff to use the system has always been easy. The regular updates are excellent and keep the program up to speed. Support is reliable, although its great to be able to say that its not often that it is required as the program runs so well it there is little need for the assistance!

Pros

Ease of use, fast navigation. Easy to train staff to use system. No limits to database records

Cons

Hard to say. Not a lot!

Response from Software Revolutions

Replied September 2016

Thanks Alan, we really appreciate having you as our customer for the last 8+ years and look forward to many more!

Nicole from Catshack

Petlinx software review

PetLinx has enabled us to reduce our paper-based records; we can now generate pen cards with all the information we require. Support (when rarely required) has been timely and effective.

Pros

The cost; the fact the system can be configured by the end user; the features.

Cons

Reports are tricky to tailor when you are not familiar with report writing/configuration. Some of the payment/invoicing processes don't match our business model.

Response from Software Revolutions

Replied December 2018

Thanks for your review Nicole, we're glad PetLinx has made a positive difference to your business. Yes using the Report Editor can be a bit tricky until you get the hang of it as there is so much you can do with it, but we're always happy to help out when needed :-).

Stella from Serenity Dog Spa

PetLinx for Dog Groomers

PetLinx have saved me so much time on administration. It's very user friendly and if I travel, I simply make a back-up from my desktop computer and I can still book clients on my laptop. I won't use any other software.

Pros

PetLinx is really easy to use. What I like most about this software is the fast variety of jobs I can do with it. It reschedules the appointment times to my customer's individual needs; I can enter as much information on each dog as I need to. It's truly a GREAT system and makes my admin so much better

Cons

I cannot find anything that I don't like about this software.

Response from Software Revolutions

Replied July 2019

Thank you so much for your awesome review Stella!

Hayley from Lincoln Lane Kennels

First class software and support, and it has consistently met all my needs for running my business.

It makes my life so much easier, try organising 16 kennels on a daily basis without it when customers are constantly changing dates, no thanks give me Petlinx any day.

Pros

The developer is constantly updating and improving the software. If I have a problem the response is first rate, especially given the time difference, NZ - UK. It meets all my needs in terms of kennel allocation, invoicing and accounts management.

Cons

I cannot change the margins when I am printing a hard copy of the calendar. Inconsequential really in the big scheme of things.

Response from Software Revolutions

Replied May 2018

Thank you Hayley, we're grateful to have you and Lincoln Lane Kennels on board with us :-)

Donna from Best Friends Grooming, Daycare & Boarding

Great customer support

Always a prompt response and takes suggestions into consideration and often implements it into next update. Thank you

Pros

The information available at a glance and ability to customize.

Cons

I am not really familiar with HTML code and this program allows to customize forms but I am not able to do that yet, although there is videos available to help..

Response from Software Revolutions

Replied January 2017

Thanks for your great review Donna! The Report Designer that you're referring to doesn't use HTML code, it uses a point, click and drag interface similar to something like Microsoft PowerPoint. We'll be happy to help you this if you need further assistance.

Andrew from City of Coquitlam

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Quality and Customer Service

PetLinx provides three versions of installation: stand-alone, networked or cloud. We required the network version to take care of our pet boarding facility. This product met those needs perfectly. I also cannot say enough about the quality, professional and courteous service we received during our evaluation, installation and customization of PetLinx. One of the few software products that we have purchased that met or exceeded all of our requirements.

Pros

The quality of the software is most impressive and their customer service exceeded my expectations. The product was new to me and I needed a little help in doing the network install. They answered every question I had in a timely fashion and even arranged a screen sharing session to help with the install. I also had one particular item that I wanted on a report that I was customizing which required changes to the software in order to accommodate my needs and I was completely surprised at how fast those changes were done and made available in the next update of the software.

Cons

At this point, I really don't have anything negative to say about the product.

Response from Software Revolutions

Replied March 2019

Thanks for your awesome review Andrew! We've been happy to help you get up and running and glad our system is making a positive impact in your facility.

Brianna from Dapper Dog

Petlinx is very easy to use and easy to learn. Everything is very organized and easy to find.

Being able to customize the software for what we need at our shop.

Pros

What we like most about this software is that we can set it up the way we like it to be. If there are ever any issues it is very easy to get a hold of people at Petlinx to get help. It is a very straightforward program and it is very easy to learn how to do stuff.

Cons

The thing we like least is that we got the second software for our second computer at our shop and the second software is always having issues when we're trying to use it. We haven't tried to get help with fixing it yet because we have stopped using the second computer for now.

Response from Software Revolutions

Replied November 2017

Hi Brianna, thanks for your great review we've enjoyed having Dapper Dogs onboard as a valued customer! Feel free to get in touch when you're ready so we can find out what's going on with your second computer, it may simply be a problem with your local network.

Scott from Hair of the Dog Salon

Industry: Cosmetics

Software that helps make my job easier!!

Ease of scheduling and a nice neat package to hold and store client information

Pros

There really isn't much that I don't like, so I would have to say that I like everything about the software, however I feel the customer support is top notch.

Cons

There is still glitches here and there through out the software. Most of them have work arounds, so it's never been a huge issue. One MAJOR thing I would like to see implemented, would be the ease of changing a client's information unknowingly. By using the FIND search option to find clients, if not careful, one can accidently change the client's info instead of completing a search.

Response from Software Revolutions

Replied July 2017

Thanks for your great review Scott, we're glad to have you as our customer! BTW to prevent changing client's details by accident, you may want to turn on the "Confirm before editing a record" setting in System Options. Thanks again :-0

Jenna from Zoomin Groomin

Mobile Pet Grooming

The ability to manage my business, keep calendar in sync.

Pros

The application is easy to follow, somewhat idiot proof, a bit more than we really need and some parts we don't use.

Cons

Response from Software Revolutions

Replied July 2017

Thanks for your review Jenna, I'm not sure what areas you are referring to in the cons section but please feel free to get in touch with us so you can explain further :-).

Jenniefer from Worldwide Experiences SL

Good handling missing features

Good experience

Pros

The easy handling and overview and design

Cons

Missing features accountancy part incomplete, editing formulars are troo complicated

Response from Software Revolutions

Replied November 2019

Thanks for your review Jennifer. While we provide many financial reports for you to choose from, we do not set out to be a complete accounting system competing with the likes of Quickbooks or Xero. We'll be happy to help you with editing formulas on your reports, for most simple calculations it's quite easy to do.

Susan from The Dog House

Pet friendly!

I find Petlinx very easy to use and have been very impressed with the updates that appear after we have flagged a feature that we would like to see added in. The support has been fantrastic from Laurence and his team!

Pros

Keeps an easy record of all the relevant information we require

Cons

When printing daycare lists, they are not in alphabetical order for the dogs names!

Response from Software Revolutions

Replied August 2016

Thanks Susan, we love having you as a customer :-). With regards to the Daycare Lists, remember you can customize any report in PetLinx and change the sort order.

Wade from Hunter Dog Centre

PetLinx Review

PetLinx has improved to overall efficiency in inputting and reporting on our business operations.

Pros

The flexibility and breadth of services covered in the one application (boarding, grooming, daycare) makes PetLinx ideal for our business operations. These ease of inputting and creating data sets was helpful.

Cons

Some of the financial and accounting transactions are not intuitive and it takes some trial and error to get it to work. eg: crediting boarding deposits and then using those to pay for other services.

Response from Software Revolutions

Replied May 2020

Glad to hear PetLinx has made a difference for your business Wade! If there's anything we can help with when it comes to doing the less common tasks in our system, just get in touch :-).

Cyndy from The Groom Room

Great Software for Pet Grooming Industry

Very good. Support is great as well. Very fast to assist with any fault issues.

Pros

Easy to use. Interfaces with QuickBooks our accounting package which is great.

Cons

Would like to see outstanding amounts owing by the client when the grooming appointment screen is open which will help us to bring it to the clients attention.

Response from Software Revolutions

Replied April 2019

Thanks for your awesome review Cyndy! Great idea about showing the client balances, we'll get this added to our to-do list.

Carole from Barragup Boarding Cattery

Overall a great package for boarding but would like a more in depth help section.

Pros

Pretty easy to use if you can operate a computer and are Word efficient. I like the day view of boarding. Connection to email when verifying boarding, birthday, vaccinations due etc. The new alert at the beginning could benefit with a boarding day and on the ribbon if possible. There's actually very little I don't like!!!

Cons

Help section is not in-depth enough, I feel it just covers the basics. Need more info on cancellations and moving booking and linked payments to new bookings.

Response from Software Revolutions

Replied April 2018

Thanks for your great review Carole :-)

Sandra from Sandy's Grooming Tails

PetLinx is certainly a vital part of my grooming operations record keeping.

Pros

I like that I am able to easily look at the invoicing and grooming history of my clients. Quick referencing is essential when you are busy.

Cons

Would like to see more accounting reports such as yearly sales and period tracking to see where gaps are in the year on a monetary level.

Response from Software Revolutions

Replied January 2018

Thanks for your review Sandy we appreciate having you as a valued customer, and yes we'll be adding further reports over time :-).

Kim from Unleashed grooming & Dog Daycare

It was easy to figure out without having to watch tutorials.

Pros

That there is not a monthly fee to use software and you purchase it. There are monthly installments available too which is nice because money a lot of times is pretty scarce when just starting up a business.

Cons

Response from Software Revolutions

Replied November 2017

Hi Kim, thanks for your great review and we're glad you've found PetLinx easy to and financially affordable. With regards to invoices, yes invoices can be edited, please give us a call and we can show you how do that. We do have administrator access with logins and passwords in our Network or Cloud editions, so if you are interested in perhaps moving to one of those please get in touch as well.

July 2016

CAROL from HAWARDEN HAPPY HOUNDS

July 2016

HAWARDEN HAPPY HOUNDS

Petlinx is very easy to use, could not get hold of technical support with living in UK very quick thanks

Pros

easy and menu good

Cons

I dont like the daycare being limited to 22 dogs

Response from Software Revolutions

Replied July 2016

Hi Carol, thank you for your review! The 22 dog limit for daycare groups in your older version of PetLinx has since been increased to 58 in PetLinx 5. Please get in touch with us and we can discuss your options for upgrading to PetLinx 5.

Nerida from Fur Kidz Resort

Industry: Executive Office

Amazing support. Always over and above what is expected.

Not that I have had many issues but the two times I needed assistance Lawrence was on the phone and working me through things within hours. This is a great tool for boarding kennels big and small. Has a great reporting function that makes end of month super easy.

Pros

ease of use

Cons

Response from Software Revolutions

Replied October 2016

Thank you so much for your great review Nerida! BTW you can create a booking using the same date and time now with the "Duplicate" option.

Rick from Bark & Fitz

Customer Service

I have had nothing but great experiences with this software and customer service.

Pros

The software really helps us organize the crazy task of booking dog grooms. We are a busy store and it helps make it easier.

Cons

It can be hard to train new staff with this software.

Response from Software Revolutions

Replied October 2019

Thank you Rick, it's rewarding to know you appreciate our software and customer service which we pride ourselves on.

Cyndy from TGR Durbanville (PTY) Ltd

Industry: Veterinary

Great. Any issues I have had have always been promptly sorted.

Runs my business and bookings for clients, stock, and invoicing

Pros

It answers all my grooming practice needs for bookings, repeat bookings, styles, special needs etc. Easy to use. Love the upgrades.

Cons

Wish the interface with Quick Books was more extensive, as I have to do a lot manually each day, with payments.

Response from Software Revolutions

Replied March 2018

Thanks for your great review Cyndy :-)

Andrea from Belt Road Cattery

Industry: Facilities Services

Excellent Cattery Software

Pros

The software includes everything that I need for my cattery and once you know how to use it, it is easy to work with. It is good value for money and a well thought out program that has probably more features than I realised that I needed when I first started out.

Cons

My IT skills are average so I have needed extra tuition to work some of the features out. The back up support is excellent and Laurence has been very patient with me!

Response from Software Revolutions

Replied October 2018

Thanks for your great review Andrea :-)

Petlinx does it all.

Easy to use. Great support if needed.

Pros

Designed purely for our type of business, covers all that we need and more.

Cons

Syncing computers that are not next to each other.

Response from Software Revolutions

Replied May 2019

Thanks for your review Raylene! To use PetLinx on two computers in different locations, I suggest switching to our Cloud edition - please get in touch if you would like more information on that.

Victoria from Dog Days Hotel and day camp

Petlinx

Great! Excellent customer service and prompt attention to issues.

Pros

Very easy to use! Love the way the screens are set up.

Cons

When using the scroll wheel on the mouse in the boarding calendar it scrolls thru the days and not down on the screen thru our runs.

Response from Software Revolutions

Replied March 2019

Thank you Victoria, we love having Dog Days as our customer :-)

Boarding Cattery use of Petlinx

We have been using this in our boarding cattery for a year now. We can house up to 200 cats and find this great for allocating pens, keeping track of our customers and payments.

Pros

Very easy to use.

Cons

Have had two issues, one being deposits, which has since been updated. The second is that the system doesn't allow for price increases from a certain date. I have however found a way to update this and that is to put a high season rate as of the starting date of our new rate and will then update to current rates when we reach that day.

Response from Software Revolutions

Replied August 2016

Thank you for your great review Raylene, we appreciate having you as a customer! We'll take a look at the best way to handle your suggestion for handling price increases.

Kelly from Kaharoa Kennels

It's really hard to find a pet booking system and I was scared to purchase one then be stuck with it

Pros

Great that it's a New Zealand made software system, easy to contact for help especelly in an emergency.

Cons

These arn't cons just thing that would work for us; It would be good if it were colour coded for easily identify the booking details, entire male - we only take a few at a time but there is no easy way to find this out while making a booking.

Response from Software Revolutions

Replied May 2018

Hi Kelly, thank you for reviewing us! For identifying entire males you can create a pet attribute which then displays a warning when the dog is selected for a booking, get in touch if you need help with doing that.

Jelle from Paws and Claws

We use Petlinx grooming module for 4 years now, and the employees are willing to help you.

it saves time,

Pros

easy to use, reminder e-mails, software is also in Dutch, Petlinx helped me with the set up at the second pc.

Cons

Not possible to fill in middle names for the customer. The reminder e-mails are not sended automaticly.

Response from Software Revolutions

Replied August 2018

Dank Je Jelle, we appreciate having you as our customer :)

Lizzie from Canine Central

Overall good quality

Hard to get fluid in using it, especially entering in bulk data. Seems like it does a lot that I don't know about or make use of but is just too confusing to play with. Was also disappointed the email confirmation for customer appointments was not automatic.

Pros

Grooming specific

Cons

Can't change the order of customer/pet/grooming information. For example, I don't take vaccination records so a lot of room wasted. Would like to be able to customize that space with things that are important to me.

Response from Software Revolutions

Replied January 2017

Thanks for your review Lizzie, we don't provide for customization of the screens in PetLinx unfortunately. If you ever an help with any aspect of PetLinx please get in touch and we'll help you out :-).

Petlinx Keep it all Sorted

Petlinx allows us to run our cattery smoothly and efficiently. Standard emails are quick and easy to send and keep us in contact with customers.

Pros

Ease of use and it's record tracking.

Cons

Doesn't automatically allow for price increases from a certain date.

Response from Software Revolutions

Replied December 2016

Thank you for your great review Raylene :-)

Sonia from The Pet Stylist

September 2016

Finally a user friendly software....

We tried quite a few softwares before choosing PetLinx. Ease of use and navigation, not overly complicated stuff that is found on some other softwares are some of the features that steered us in the direction of PetLinx :)

Pros

-user friendly -simple and easy to navigate -great technical support

Response from Software Revolutions

Replied September 2016

Thank you for the great review Sonia :-)

Dr Blythe from Lands End Cat Resort

Industry: Veterinary

PetLinx keeps everything running smoothly.

We're a small 16 room cat kennel but we can't imagine being without Petlinx. Whenever we have questions the online support is excellent, friendly and prompt. Petlinx is user-friendly and the available options are exactly what we need. Very highly recommended!!

Response from Software Revolutions

Replied November 2016

Thank you Blythe and David, we really appreciate having you as customers :-)

Kim from Unleashed Grooming & Dog Daycare

Unleashed Review

We use petlinx for our Boarding,Grooming and dog daycare and it works great to keep all different departments organized.

Pros

Ease of adding other modules and the online booking

Cons

No internet access to my programs to schedule away from computer

Response from Software Revolutions

Replied August 2018

Thanks for your great review Kim! For access when you're away from your business you would need to switch to our Cloud edition, please get in touch if you would like to do that.

Denis from Triple J Enterprises LLC DBA Your Best Friends

Good Kennel Management Software

Pros

Just learning it, the program is very powerful, I have been using a DOS based program for about 22 years, and it was a great program, but since you cannot buy a powerful 32 bit system anymore, I had to upgrade. I feel this is a user friendly software that will help me save time and money in bookings.

Cons

I have a huge database, and I need to input all existing clients, which will be very time consuming. Also, I wanted to keep my numbering system for the clients, once you enter a client, you cannot change the client number, but we will work around it. I haven't used the program enough yet to have most like or least like.

Response from Software Revolutions

Replied December 2018

Thank you for your great review Denis, we're glad to have you as a valued customer!

Teresa from The Grateful Dog

Good product.

Pros

Cons

Freezes often. Shot records are hidden under the animal. Alerts aren't very easy to access. Invoices are confusing.

Response from Software Revolutions

Replied November 2017

Hi Teresa, thank you for your review :-). Please get in touch with us so we can understand further the few issues you have had. Don't forget with the invoice you can customize it's appearance if needed to meet your needs.

Diane from Chesterhope kennels

Industry: Animation

Business owner

Excellent to deal with

Pros

Easy to move around from screen to screen

Cons

I have. O issues with the software works and suits our business

Suited my business

Response from Software Revolutions

Replied October 2019

Thank you Diane, we're glad to have you as our customer :-)

Leola from Sudbury Bird House

over all a good program

It was relatively easy to learn. Still not using full modules as intended. Using program 15 hrs a week with limited time to invest in learning modules. Easily adapts to aviary services and day care stays. Instruction booklet easy to follow. I find some files are lost, or not easily retrieved. ... have to try several times to retrieve by pet name with no hits but yet it appears under customer name???? I would recommend this program to other avian service like business. ... but nothing is perfect so I rated it a 4 over all.

Pros

easy to follow instructions

Cons

I lost some files, customer records.

Response from Software Revolutions

Replied November 2017

Hi Leola, I'm glad you have found PetLinx useful for your type of business. Your files would not be lost but rather they may not be showing for a reason such as the pet has an inactive or deceased status. We'll be happy to help you go through this :-)