• icon"Our franchise likes the product. I registered prior to them getting the franchise edition."
  • icon"Ease of use and it has great features that don't cost a fortune when compared to other services on the market today."
  • icon"Hard to say: Its super easy to use, has all the features we already used and more. Stable, powerful and integrates into QBO and emails seamlessly."
  • icon"Since this is an online field software program, occasionally the techs have problems figuring out what to email the customer when they are out in the field from their iPads."
  • icon"Not been able to talk to tech support everything is done via chat which can be a pain, the suggestion needs to be where you can more than 3 suggestions."

Browse all ServiceM8 Reviews

• Have you used ServiceM8 and would like to share your experience with others?

Timothy

I love this product. I am a daily user and use it for all of my online invoicing for my business.

A real time-saver and great for monitoring all invoice statuses -

Pros

My favorite feature is the way you can send via email, a past due notice for your invoices and how easy it is to customize all email templates. Customize your quotes, estimates, invoices, past due invoices, and schedule the past due invoice notice date

Cons

Only that you can only schedule one follow-up past due invoice. I would like to send past due notices every 15, 30, 45 days and send demand for payment emails at 60 and 90 days and then a notice for collections notice at 112 days stating past due account goes into collection at 120 days - Then it is out of our hands -

timothy

Industry: Individual & Family Services

July 2022

Pay for volume and not number of users

The online chat tool with support is great. Nothing ever gets lost in the translation. Support is 7 x 24 around the planet.

Pros

Our business is strictly a service that we provide with a couple variations. Starting out as a small business meant I could not afford starting to pay for user licenses I could not afford. This other mob I was deal with, my first month with a discount was suppose to be $6. I then got a bill for $21 for just one day of testing. Bugger that. It was not worth the time a day to argue.

Cons

The outside sales support can be pricey. If you know exactly what you want, you can keep the implementations costs down. Especially with training. you need to practice as much as possible during your trial period.

Reasons for choosing ServiceM8

The price, the google reviews. They were all pricy. One had bad google reviews. Another product was $140/month/user. They were so inflexible with the GST calculation. My company is a international multi level marketing company and I needed a consistent and in expensive standard.

Reasons for switching to ServiceM8

They were too expensive

adam

November 2022

Why iphone it's less than functional

Pros

The appointment link. That's really that's good about it

Cons

The fact its iphone only. Never owned an iPhone and missed the offer by few days to get it back in credits so won't be using any further

Julio E

Best Service Managing software I have used!

Ease to schedule, invoice, quotes and payments.

Pros

It is a very well rounded software. Every year they add new features at no cost that improve the interaction with it.

Cons

Wish they mad a version for Android. Most of my team uses Android and we have to provide them with an Apple device in order to use the software.

Reasons for choosing ServiceM8

Pricing, ease of use and features. The basics were there on Service M8. The other ones I would have to adjust them to my needs, but they were not designed for my need.

Dan

August 2016

ServiceM8 - The best little piece of software ever.

After decades of experience implementing various business information systems, I have never before had such pleasure working with such a fine product. ServiceM8 is not only exceptionally easy to use, the depth of functionality if mind boggling. The team at ServiceM8 have re-defined job costing and the ability to monitor job profitability. The average trades person is able to instantly review how job profitability is tracking without obtaining a degree in Accounting, nor spend hours late into the evening crunching numbers. As a Certified Public Accountant, I feel "Job Profitability" as calculated by ServiceM8 is more accurate than most small business accounting systems and definitely completely understandable by the average trades person. Only a bean counter would talk about job costing first ! Job Documentation is easy, accessible, and comprehensive. Every important aspect of a job is literally instantly captured, organised on that specific job, under a client/site code and stored in the cloud for immediate, forever access by your office team, co-workers, or yourself when you need to recall it years from now. Documentation 'happens' with a few simple clicks on your iPhone - even while you're on the tools. How would a bean counter know - because I spend as much time on my tools as on the keyboard - just ask me about my Festools ! As a real life example - ServiceM8 job documentation was presented to an enormous international product supplier after my claim of product failure while the company claimed user fault. That product has now been removed from the market - worldwide and that company is providing complete support following their failure. What is job documentation - photos, notes, check lists, forms, documents, tracking/co-ordination of sub-contractors and virtually anything you can upload. Quoting and invoicing a job is easier, better, and faster than any accounting system we've reviewed. We're not suggesting the elimination of the accounting system - it's still a necessary team member - just front end the accounting system with seamless - almost magical direct integration. And of course scheduling click click, drag - drop .... need I say more?

Pros

Job Documentation. Efficiently created - conveniently organised - instantly accessible now and forever. The ServiceM8 "job" can house virtually everything which should be stored away about a job - The documentation can and should include everything from inception to completion - and everything in between. The owner of one of our clients commented "If you were here yesterday - you would have saved me $5,000". Had a simple photo of the site been stored against the job BEFORE starting work, his team could not have been blamed for pre-existing damage. During the job, plans, quotes, drawings, product information, permits, health and safety forms can all be just a click away for reference. Communications with the customer - all recorded on the job - No more "I didn't receive that" ...... well someone opened the email at a documented time and date .... who might that have been ? Job Completion - nothing better than a photo - stored away safely in the ServiceM8 cloud. Most trades rely upon sub-contractor. Get a quote, send task lists, required contracts/documents by the sub-contractor - All via your ServiceM8 account with or without you sub contractor using a ServiceM8 account. All of the sub-contracted work is documented within the job.

Cons

Purchase Orders. We need the ability to accommodate the trades person who calls into the trade shop on the way to a job site for necessary job materials. I'd like to see the ability to snap a photo of the purchase order, store the transaction against the job, capture transaction details via OCR, post the transactions to the job, and pass the pending transaction to the integrated accounting system. This is not necessarily a 'con' - it something additional that I feel should be there to expand the functionality - Wish list stuff - With a development team like the crew at ServiceM8 - there is absolutely no doubt in my mind they'll deliver - more than likely something even better than my concept.

Jason

Great for a start up

Great!

Pros

Great software for a startup company or even a large company. I Love the fact that when we started out we could easily afford this software and as we grew we could level up the software and still afford it. Similar software would have broke us be for we even got started plus servicem8 is more powerful software and meets all our needs now and has options that will meet all future needs. We will use Servicem8 forever and recommend it regularly.

Cons

customer support is email or chat only and sometimes I need immediate help and cant get it that fast. But a small price to pay for such great and affordable software.

Reasons for choosing ServiceM8

We were a startup and had little money to start service m8 had a free trial and was very affordable to start and remains so even as we grow cant wait to activate servicem8 phone its coming soon very soon and I'm excited.

Small Service Business Gold

I have ServiceM8 open right now, and do most days. This is simply the best deal for the money. Period.

Pros

I've tried multiple platforms for my small handyman/remodeling company. ServiceM8 is by far the best value for the money. Easy to use, Easy to setup and it integrates with QuickBooks. I use it every day and could not imagine keeping up with clients, contractors and jobs without it.

Cons

Only con -- it only works on Mac/IOs platforms. I completely understand why they've made this decision, but it is limiting. It's also feature-lite, if you need something beefy this may not be for you, but for a small business that only needs the basics, it's without equal.

Alison

June 2016

Superb Small business software for Scheduling

Simple to use and schedule installers whilst capturing customer communications. I use this software in 2 small business operating in New Zealand construction industry and it works well in both. 1 integrated with Xero...this works well. 1 is not integrated to accounting for complexity of pricing reasons...but one day, I will reconfigure our pricing so I can. Overall, excellent software especially when you can design new processes to ensure users can populate the information and view what they need to see in a timely fashion.

Pros

Especially powerful is the remote users...managers and installers accessing and updating information from iPhones and iPads. We capture on-site photos. We capture on-site Hazard ID information and customer sign-off for quality.

Cons

no App for Androids. We have contract installers and persuading them to ditch their Samsung for an iPhone hasn't worked. (We synch with Google Calendars for them.)

Arpit

Industry: Utilities

Absolutely great for trades

We setup a fire alarm business and needed a system to link customers, engineers, head office and invoicing in one eco-system. ServiceM8 does this and more. They work with a UK based company to provide support and form customisation. The custom forms are leapyears ahead and it gave our business a great professional headstart.

Pros

We found the app easy to integrate and the pc web-based interface is very intuitive. The ability to create custom forms, and other custom services is invaluable. The auto emailing of customers for invoices and quotes makes the business look extremely professional.

Cons

They have no support for android nor do they have an android app. I find this incredulous given that Android is such a large user. It was for this reason that we stopped using the software.

Jodi

March 2016

Life Changing App for Small Business Owners

If you own a small business in the Service Industry and you want your life back, then you need ServiceM8. Our landscaping company has gone from a rather unprofessional mob of blokes working their rears off to a very slick team of professionals, and we are blitzing the opposition!

Pros

What sets ServiceM8 apart from the many "other" apps out there is that ServiceM8 is ever evolving, it is owned by an Australian Company which is run by "down to earth" people who listen. The flexibility of the system is awesome (one size does not fit all, but there is always a workaround for little things) and so many options and add ons to suit the individual business, many are free.

Cons

If pushed I'd say the "Apple" thing, but honestly when your business is booming, the cost of another iPad is not an issue!

Danielle

Lots to like..but when you find issues, you will be ignored by ServiceM8

Overall, the software is pretty good; it covers a lot of ground and addresses a few of the pain points. There are glitches and no software is perfect but that's not really our issue. Our problem is the lack of customer service you receive when there are issues. Last year, over the space of 6 weeks we had 92 duplicate jobs appear in our calendar. Confused the team and was a tedious pain to find & remove them all. I reported and also asked if we could have these jobs removed from our billing as we're on a legacy pay per job plan. Their first response had a suggested solution - it didn't work, it instead created more duplicates and I was told that one of our staff must have created the duplicates....considering the staff they accused was on site with my husband working at the time, with her phone in the car, I know it wasn't her. We were told it had been passed on to the development team and they'd let us know. That was in November 2020. Since then the only contact I've had was after I complained every 2 weeks that we'd heard nothing and more duplicates were being created. Emails go unanswered. Messages to live chat got the templated 'it's with the development team' answer and I never heard back about billing. We ended up taking the long way and solved it ourselves by deleting every recurring job & setting them all back up. Then rearranged the calendar to fit in the 92 duplicate jobs. PITA If customer service is important to you, this is probably not the app for you.

Pros

- Integrates with Xero...limited merge fields but enough to make it work - GPS & time tracking - Service reminders

Cons

- Zero followup or support when reporting glitches - Dispatch board gets very buggy and sometimes won't render correctly on desktop - On the CRM side, you need to memorise where you can edit things without it glitching e.g. you can't change payment terms via editing a client found in global search, updating a client doesn't update the recurring job - you need to also update the template...double handling, if you try to edit/add contacts or change their role from the client page it will fail to pull these into a new job.

Katherine

A must have for trades

We have only been using the platform for a month

Pros

- The pricing structure is something that initially drew our attention. Instead of being per user it is a monthly fee (plus add-ons). - The job scheduling is very easy to use and with a team scheduler add-on you can select multiple team members for the same job. - the phone app is extremely useful. You can select to text a customer when you are on route (providing you've set it all up before hand). - You can take payment in the field as well as invoices generating a link that customer's can click on to make payment. Payments are shown in the job diary. - job diaries are autogenerated so you can see a good audit trail from creation to closure. You can add to existing jobs from the inbox feature. - the network request add-on is really useful for our business where we use contractors who don't require a logon to our system but complete jobs on our behalf. We have set our templates up with forms and questions that need completion and when these are done it shows up on our portal which says time having to manually enter data in from emails.

Cons

- Sometimes the navigation functions can be time consuming. It would be handy to raise a job from within the client module window (i.e. when you open a client you can view current and past jobs but you cannot raise a new one and therefore have to go to dispatch board). - It would be good to have a shortcut to raise a new job on the main menu rather than having to select dispatch board. - the asset scanning only appears to work with purchase stickers from ServiceM8 (unless we haven't discovered correctly how to do this with other ones...) - It is limited to IOS so we have had to purchase iPad minis to sync with our android devices.

Reasons for choosing ServiceM8

cost and functionality against other providers

Nick

Still getting started, but it seems pretty good

I started attempting to use ServiceM8 about a year ago. I also changed my books from good old Cashflow Manager to Xero, which I setup to sync with ServiceM8. I am a one-man show. I say "attempted" to use ServiceM8, because, at the time, I was many months behind on my books/invoices, and the situation really got even worse. I have now got my books up to date, and I am working through doing many months of invoices. I had my accountant assist me setting up Xero. All was more or less working, but I had big issues with the bank feeds, especially PayPal, basically I got a huge mess, then I wiped it all out to start again, and got much the same mess again. Frustrated, I went back to my good old trusty Cashflow Manager program and did the whole set of books for the entire financial year to date (and 2 BAS statements) in an afternoon. So I have ditched the Xero-ServiceM8 sync, and am now going to use ServiceM8 with Cashflow Manager manually. None of this is in any ServiceM8's fault, Its either mine or Xero's, probably a bit of both. Basically I will maintain my books in Cashflow Manager, do the invoices and job tracking in ServiceM8, and then manually enter the payments into Cashflow Manager, much like I used to. A nuisance, but not a big deal. As for ServiceM8, I have only really started exploring it and using it the last few days. I have been trying to for ages, but either forget, or left my iPad at home. I have learnt a lot about it in the last few days. I have looked at the competition, but most of them (at a similar price point at least) had apps that don't work offline. ServiceM8 will work without an internet connection (with some features not working naturally), so it was the obvious choice for me in a rural area with poor telecommunications. So far, it seems to work well, is easy to use, the app is fast, and the website seems fast enough on the odd occasion I have used it on a decent internet connection. Just now (a public holiday) i got a response (and solution) from their support in 14mins. That is my first contact with them. It is quite cheap and I feel that it is quite a good fit for my business. But it will only work as well as you make it, and you will have to put some time into learning it and incorporating it into your daily routine. I highly recommend giving it a shot to all small service businesses that are struggling to manage their jobs, invoices etc. Bonus points if you can start using it before you get overwhelmed by work.

Pros

Works offline. Seems fairly simple. Fast. Plenty of features. Should end up saving me plenty of time.

Cons

Im still a bit nervous about keeping important business data "in the cloud" in someone else's hands.

Skipper

Industry: Facilities Services

Hesitant but hopeful, and pleasantly suprised.

As a tiny service company competing against global powerhouses, we have been searching for a long time for a program to help us consolidate our business software. We had a system that worked for us, but it was clunky due to it being a series of stand alone programs we would multitask together. SignNow, Quickbooks online, Notes, emails (2 different ones) and photos all worked, but took about 1/2 the time of the actual service call to make sure all the documents were properly completed, sent and billed. Two key features sold us on this: Integration into QuickBooks Online and the ability to create check lists for each job so nothing is forgotten. The bonuses of individual technician scheduling, letting us have the option to still use WAZE for the GPS on the work order, time stamps for travel and on/off the job, text/email ETA from the phone to the customer all makes us look much bigger than we are. We feel like a powerhouse vs the big boys in our industry with this program, and with the cost based off now much we use it vs a block tier system lets us know well before hand what our costs will be each month. We couldn't be happier. Please don't change this formula ServiceM8. It's everything we need.

Pros

Hard to say: Its super easy to use, has all the features we already used and more. Stable, powerful and integrates into QBO and emails seamlessly. Customer service communication inside the program is outstanding. Being able to ask questions without starting new emails or having an agent auto close a question ticket before all the questions are completed is being A+ customer service.

Cons

Only nitpicking things really. We run strictly OS machines, so there are a few features we cannot use because they seem to only work on Windows browsers. Diary notes are great, but hard to edit/can't edit. Not a big deal, but never the less, our fat fingers can sometimes make us look unprofessional without the ability to edit before we email. Switching between phone and tablet on the job. This seems to be hard for the program to do. If we check in on a phone from travel, we must check out on that same phone, we can't check out on the tablet where we ultimately do most of the work with SM8. Sometimes we don't remember to check in and out and do all the work on the tablet and not switch to the phone and we have to redo some work because of it. Instructions. 95% of all your instructions are spot on, but some we had to ask for help even after reading them a few times. Nothing big because customer service was wonderful.

Phil

August 2016

Great software for the service Industry

I do save a lot of time since i started using ServiceM8 and generally are getting paid faster. One client said the other day when i had finished, great work send your invoice if you haven't already. I said on its not done yet but was by the time i drove away. Later that night i saw that the invoice had been paid. How good is that. With all that being said, like every peace of software out in the market its not perfect and it wont suite everyone but with the way this company has it structured it can cost you nothing to try it for months whereas most only give you 14 days. I reckon if your products good and suites the user it will sell its self and you don't need to force someone into a contract when they may not be ready. Integration with MYOB my current account program is great as it updates my inventory and sales and customer areas so i don't have to do any adjustment. Using bank feeds in MYOB you easily make the invoice as paid and the information is sent back to ServiceM8 tell it the job has been paid. If i add new inventory items in MYOB they appear in ServiceM8 ready to be booked out when the job is finished. ServiceM8 has engaged Strip as a payment gateway for credit card payments, I have only just started to use this feature, my first credit card customer the other day did it online when he received the invoice. The only thing wrong is there appears no way to add on the transaction fee. May need to tweak our charges if lots of customers start taking this method up. Good though as there is on monthly fees only the transaction fee so if its not used these no extra overhead. ServiceM8 has quite a few add-ons some free some for a small charge but very manageable. I'm about to work with their Forms as i am getting a fair amount of compliance reporting jobs now and see that my old paper forms don't cut it time wise. Support from ServiceM8 has always been great, submit a service ticket and the response is very quick compared to others that i can't mention. This is one piece of software I have no problem recommending to anyone in the service or small job area and some larger jobs too.

Pros

There are two great features that made me go with ServiceM8. 1/ As a sole operator (at the moment) the cost per month was fantastic as i was only paying for what jobs i could do in the month. Some other programs have a flat cost per month that covers x number of users, this is fine if you already have a fleet of vans on the road but can be a serious cash flow problem when your on your own. 2/ The ability to customize your invoices and quotes so they are how you like. I do a variety of small installation and service work and i track inventory, now in order to get the job total price i insert items into the invoice and use the free-form details area to wright what was done then when i produce the invoice for the client they see the worded details of what was done ant the total amount owing. Since using ServiceM8 for over a year now it has really changed the way i work with jobs. The fact that ServiceM8 keeps everything for a job with a job for every is going to be fantastic. Only yesterday i had a call from a company i did a quote for just over a year a go, i had marked this quote as unsuccessful, he gave me the quote number put it in the search box and up came the quote, revised the price and re-emailed all in less than 15 minutes. Much better than the old days.

Cons

Probably the most cumbersome feature i have found but still use it. Partial invoicing allows me to do progress invoicing on the larger job that go for several months and i need to invoice the client at the end of each month. Another thing i wasn't happy with at the beginning was that the app only works on iPhone / iPad but once i bit the bullet and brought an iPad (everyone needs a toy) I soon found it totally worth it in lots of ways.

Alex

ServiceM8 is changing my business

I have been looking for a job Managment program for 3 years we started a 30 day trial of another product and we were having trouble interfacing to myob the Suport was very poor and many limitations on the product. The video help is so easy and every thing I need is documented. I found servicem8 on some web searches I signed up for a free trial and enjoyed my experience bit had many questions. I received an email to attend a live demonstration in the apple shop and had a chance to ask questions I left the demonstration convicted that servicem8 was what I needed to get my company back on track. I call several cloud solution company I wanted to get up and running a soon as possible with least amount of work.I went with the one day install and set up I had done most of the basic stuff the implementer gave demotes toons and tanning and help with form development training. Within a week were all used the platform.

Pros

I like the way it is cloud based with a local back up so even if use connection we can still keep operating our business. The ability to invoce quote in same platform record photo collect signatures there is not enough room to write the advantages of servicem8 over its rivals.

Cons

I really want to track purchase orders on the system it currently dose not Suport I hope enough people ask for it and it becomes part of servicem8 platform.

Sig