• Pros

• "It works! It is simple and easy to use. The support is super stellar!! "

• "Fantastic price for so many features. Simple to pick up easy to use. Excellent support staff and customer service. "

• "Simple, easy and effective. Plus the price - perfect for us!"

• Cons

• "I like it all really but if I had to pick one thing I don't like when it takes a customers email address from an inbox message and uses it as the customer name if it can't recognise it ."

• "Reporting is a little light on but improvements are coming soon. "

• "None of the plans seem to be right for me. Although the pricing is fine, I'm not sure if I will be able to fully realize the potential of the software."

Browse ServiceM8 Reviews

Timothy from Tri-County Process Service

I love this product. I am a daily user and use it for all of my online invoicing for my business.

A real time-saver and great for monitoring all invoice statuses -

Pros

My favorite feature is the way you can send via email, a past due notice for your invoices and how easy it is to customize all email templates. Customize your quotes, estimates, invoices, past due invoices, and schedule the past due invoice notice date

Cons

Only that you can only schedule one follow-up past due invoice. I would like to send past due notices every 15, 30, 45 days and send demand for payment emails at 60 and 90 days and then a notice for collections notice at 112 days stating past due account goes into collection at 120 days - Then it is out of our hands -

Katherine from Durham Electrics

A must have for trades

We have only been using the platform for a month

Pros

- The pricing structure is something that initially drew our attention. Instead of being per user it is a monthly fee (plus add-ons). - The job scheduling is very easy to use and with a team scheduler add-on you can select multiple team members for the same job. - the phone app is extremely useful. You can select to text a customer when you are on route (providing you've set it all up before hand). - You can take payment in the field as well as invoices generating a link that customer's can click on to make payment. Payments are shown in the job diary. - job diaries are autogenerated so you can see a good audit trail from creation to closure. You can add to existing jobs from the inbox feature. - the network request add-on is really useful for our business where we use contractors who don't require a logon to our system but complete jobs on our behalf. We have set our templates up with forms and questions that need completion and when these are done it shows up on our portal which says time having to manually enter data in from emails.

Cons

- Sometimes the navigation functions can be time consuming. It would be handy to raise a job from within the client module window (i.e. when you open a client you can view current and past jobs but you cannot raise a new one and therefore have to go to dispatch board). - It would be good to have a shortcut to raise a new job on the main menu rather than having to select dispatch board. - the asset scanning only appears to work with purchase stickers from ServiceM8 (unless we haven't discovered correctly how to do this with other ones...) - It is limited to IOS so we have had to purchase iPad minis to sync with our android devices.

Reasons for Choosing ServiceM8

cost and functionality against other providers

Sig from Hickory BioPure

Industry: Environmental Services

Horrible Customer Service

Very frustrating!

Pros

Our franchise likes the product. I registered prior to them getting the franchise edition. I'm on the franchise edition and the single subscription. They have ServiceM8 has been double dipping on me since Oct. I've called emailed, chatted and they will not cancel nor would they direct me on how to cancel my single subscription. At least not until yesterday January 28, 2020. Oh but before I could cancel today they billed me again.

Cons

Horrible customer service when it comes to trying to cancel service. No one in chat or by email or phone knows how to cancel their service. I've been reaching out to cancel since Oct. I finally got through to someone yesterday that walked me through settings and said to click the red button. I said what red button? I'm a mobile user and have never used a PC with app. Was told to login that way and cancel. However before I was able to login today I was billed for another month of service. Cannot report them to the BBB as they are located in Australia -

Derrick from Deluxe Services inc

Great Software

Great software , I have not had any real problems

Pros

The software has a lot of hidden things that are untapped like location of techs, signature, photos, tells you when to leave to arrive at your next appointment on time

Cons

Not been able to talk to tech support everything is done via chat which can be a pain, the suggestion needs to be where you can more than 3 suggestions

The layout and customizations

Lauren from Pool Masta NZ Ltd

Needs More Customer Focus For Future Improvement

Overall it has great features but lacking one major feature for us which would cut down our admin time for invoicing and that is batch invoicing. Customer service unable to help with timelines for this upgrade or indication if it will be implemented?

Pros

Stability in remote areas where signal is poor, Servicem8 holds up and we've tried them all

Cons

Invoicing more than one job for one client during the month, no ability to combine jobs into one invoice? Feature requested in 2012 for batch/bulk invoicing and still nothing....

Meriann from Crawlspace Remediation

Very Convenient!

It has helped the company stay on task, keep organized, and become a better business.

Pros

I like that we can see where each company vehicle is and also keep everything organized on the calendar. I also like the job tasks because it helps with remembering everything we need to do for the job. Love that we can add pictures to tasks.

Cons

I wish I could get rid of the online notes from Quickbooks on the home page. That is only for my own ocd reasons though. I like to delete things once they have been taken care of or seen and I cant with those. I also wish we could have dark setting for it so It is easier for me to look at.

Julio E from Atlantic Surveyors and Mappers, LLC

Best Service Managing software I have used!

Ease to schedule, invoice, quotes and payments.

Pros

It is a very well rounded software. Every year they add new features at no cost that improve the interaction with it.

Cons

Wish they mad a version for Android. Most of my team uses Android and we have to provide them with an Apple device in order to use the software.

Reasons for Choosing ServiceM8

Pricing, ease of use and features. The basics were there on Service M8. The other ones I would have to adjust them to my needs, but they were not designed for my need.

Sam from Truelight Electrical & Data

Happy customer

The main thing I appreciate about Service m8 is the way it allows me to stay organised with lots of jobs; past, present and future. I don't use the scheduling/staff tracking aspects, although other electricians I've put on to service m8 do & love it. It's also very well priced and the customer support is amazing

Pros

Logical layout, easy to use, customer support has always been great

Cons

Not a huge fan of the app layout, prefer using the desktop version

Alison

Superb Small business software for Scheduling

Simple to use and schedule installers whilst capturing customer communications. I use this software in 2 small business operating in New Zealand construction industry and it works well in both. 1 integrated with Xero...this works well. 1 is not integrated to accounting for complexity of pricing reasons...but one day, I will reconfigure our pricing so I can. Overall, excellent software especially when you can design new processes to ensure users can populate the information and view what they need to see in a timely fashion.

Pros

Especially powerful is the remote users...managers and installers accessing and updating information from iPhones and iPads. We capture on-site photos. We capture on-site Hazard ID information and customer sign-off for quality.

Cons

no App for Androids. We have contract installers and persuading them to ditch their Samsung for an iPhone hasn't worked. (We synch with Google Calendars for them.)

Natalie from Lee's Environmental

Industry: Environmental Services

Service M8 software is excellent

Using the software to book in jobs and assign to operators.

Pros

It is extremely easy to use and is a reasonable price.

Cons

It would be nice to be able to tailor it more to our businesses - there's some extra features we'd like to see implemented.

Price. Easy to use.

Arpit from Business Overhead Solutions

Industry: Utilities

Absolutely great for trades

We setup a fire alarm business and needed a system to link customers, engineers, head office and invoicing in one eco-system. ServiceM8 does this and more. They work with a UK based company to provide support and form customisation. The custom forms are leapyears ahead and it gave our business a great professional headstart.

Pros

We found the app easy to integrate and the pc web-based interface is very intuitive. The ability to create custom forms, and other custom services is invaluable. The auto emailing of customers for invoices and quotes makes the business look extremely professional.

Cons

They have no support for android nor do they have an android app. I find this incredulous given that Android is such a large user. It was for this reason that we stopped using the software.

Nick from Mitiamo IT

Still getting started, but it seems pretty good

I started attempting to use ServiceM8 about a year ago. I also changed my books from good old Cashflow Manager to Xero, which I setup to sync with ServiceM8. I am a one-man show. I say "attempted" to use ServiceM8, because, at the time, I was many months behind on my books/invoices, and the situation really got even worse. I have now got my books up to date, and I am working through doing many months of invoices. I had my accountant assist me setting up Xero. All was more or less working, but I had big issues with the bank feeds, especially PayPal, basically I got a huge mess, then I wiped it all out to start again, and got much the same mess again. Frustrated, I went back to my good old trusty Cashflow Manager program and did the whole set of books for the entire financial year to date (and 2 BAS statements) in an afternoon. So I have ditched the Xero-ServiceM8 sync, and am now going to use ServiceM8 with Cashflow Manager manually. None of this is in any ServiceM8's fault, Its either mine or Xero's, probably a bit of both. Basically I will maintain my books in Cashflow Manager, do the invoices and job tracking in ServiceM8, and then manually enter the payments into Cashflow Manager, much like I used to. A nuisance, but not a big deal. As for ServiceM8, I have only really started exploring it and using it the last few days. I have been trying to for ages, but either forget, or left my iPad at home. I have learnt a lot about it in the last few days. I have looked at the competition, but most of them (at a similar price point at least) had apps that don't work offline. ServiceM8 will work without an internet connection (with some features not working naturally), so it was the obvious choice for me in a rural area with poor telecommunications. So far, it seems to work well, is easy to use, the app is fast, and the website seems fast enough on the odd occasion I have used it on a decent internet connection. Just now (a public holiday) i got a response (and solution) from their support in 14mins. That is my first contact with them. It is quite cheap and I feel that it is quite a good fit for my business. But it will only work as well as you make it, and you will have to put some time into learning it and incorporating it into your daily routine. I highly recommend giving it a shot to all small service businesses that are struggling to manage their jobs, invoices etc. Bonus points if you can start using it before you get overwhelmed by work.

Pros

Works offline. Seems fairly simple. Fast. Plenty of features. Should end up saving me plenty of time.

Cons

Im still a bit nervous about keeping important business data "in the cloud" in someone else's hands.

Skipper from Landmar Security, Inc.

Industry: Facilities Services

Hesitant but hopeful, and pleasantly suprised.

As a tiny service company competing against global powerhouses, we have been searching for a long time for a program to help us consolidate our business software. We had a system that worked for us, but it was clunky due to it being a series of stand alone programs we would multitask together. SignNow, Quickbooks online, Notes, emails (2 different ones) and photos all worked, but took about 1/2 the time of the actual service call to make sure all the documents were properly completed, sent and billed. Two key features sold us on this: Integration into QuickBooks Online and the ability to create check lists for each job so nothing is forgotten. The bonuses of individual technician scheduling, letting us have the option to still use WAZE for the GPS on the work order, time stamps for travel and on/off the job, text/email ETA from the phone to the customer all makes us look much bigger than we are. We feel like a powerhouse vs the big boys in our industry with this program, and with the cost based off now much we use it vs a block tier system lets us know well before hand what our costs will be each month. We couldn't be happier. Please don't change this formula ServiceM8. It's everything we need.

Pros

Hard to say: Its super easy to use, has all the features we already used and more. Stable, powerful and integrates into QBO and emails seamlessly. Customer service communication inside the program is outstanding. Being able to ask questions without starting new emails or having an agent auto close a question ticket before all the questions are completed is being A+ customer service.

Cons

Only nitpicking things really. We run strictly OS machines, so there are a few features we cannot use because they seem to only work on Windows browsers. Diary notes are great, but hard to edit/can't edit. Not a big deal, but never the less, our fat fingers can sometimes make us look unprofessional without the ability to edit before we email. Switching between phone and tablet on the job. This seems to be hard for the program to do. If we check in on a phone from travel, we must check out on that same phone, we can't check out on the tablet where we ultimately do most of the work with SM8. Sometimes we don't remember to check in and out and do all the work on the tablet and not switch to the phone and we have to redo some work because of it. Instructions. 95% of all your instructions are spot on, but some we had to ask for help even after reading them a few times. Nothing big because customer service was wonderful.

Dan from Financial Systems Group Ltd

August 2016

ServiceM8 - The best little piece of software ever.

After decades of experience implementing various business information systems, I have never before had such pleasure working with such a fine product. ServiceM8 is not only exceptionally easy to use, the depth of functionality if mind boggling. The team at ServiceM8 have re-defined job costing and the ability to monitor job profitability. The average trades person is able to instantly review how job profitability is tracking without obtaining a degree in Accounting, nor spend hours late into the evening crunching numbers. As a Certified Public Accountant, I feel "Job Profitability" as calculated by ServiceM8 is more accurate than most small business accounting systems and definitely completely understandable by the average trades person. Only a bean counter would talk about job costing first ! Job Documentation is easy, accessible, and comprehensive. Every important aspect of a job is literally instantly captured, organised on that specific job, under a client/site code and stored in the cloud for immediate, forever access by your office team, co-workers, or yourself when you need to recall it years from now. Documentation 'happens' with a few simple clicks on your iPhone - even while you're on the tools. How would a bean counter know - because I spend as much time on my tools as on the keyboard - just ask me about my Festools ! As a real life example - ServiceM8 job documentation was presented to an enormous international product supplier after my claim of product failure while the company claimed user fault. That product has now been removed from the market - worldwide and that company is providing complete support following their failure. What is job documentation - photos, notes, check lists, forms, documents, tracking/co-ordination of sub-contractors and virtually anything you can upload. Quoting and invoicing a job is easier, better, and faster than any accounting system we've reviewed. We're not suggesting the elimination of the accounting system - it's still a necessary team member - just front end the accounting system with seamless - almost magical direct integration. And of course scheduling click click, drag - drop .... need I say more?

Pros

Job Documentation. Efficiently created - conveniently organised - instantly accessible now and forever. The ServiceM8 "job" can house virtually everything which should be stored away about a job - The documentation can and should include everything from inception to completion - and everything in between. The owner of one of our clients commented "If you were here yesterday - you would have saved me $5,000". Had a simple photo of the site been stored against the job BEFORE starting work, his team could not have been blamed for pre-existing damage. During the job, plans, quotes, drawings, product information, permits, health and safety forms can all be just a click away for reference. Communications with the customer - all recorded on the job - No more "I didn't receive that" ...... well someone opened the email at a documented time and date .... who might that have been ? Job Completion - nothing better than a photo - stored away safely in the ServiceM8 cloud. Most trades rely upon sub-contractor. Get a quote, send task lists, required contracts/documents by the sub-contractor - All via your ServiceM8 account with or without you sub contractor using a ServiceM8 account. All of the sub-contracted work is documented within the job.

Cons

Purchase Orders. We need the ability to accommodate the trades person who calls into the trade shop on the way to a job site for necessary job materials. I'd like to see the ability to snap a photo of the purchase order, store the transaction against the job, capture transaction details via OCR, post the transactions to the job, and pass the pending transaction to the integrated accounting system. This is not necessarily a 'con' - it something additional that I feel should be there to expand the functionality - Wish list stuff - With a development team like the crew at ServiceM8 - there is absolutely no doubt in my mind they'll deliver - more than likely something even better than my concept.

Phil from Lindwall Electrical

August 2016

Great software for the service Industry

I do save a lot of time since i started using ServiceM8 and generally are getting paid faster. One client said the other day when i had finished, great work send your invoice if you haven't already. I said on its not done yet but was by the time i drove away. Later that night i saw that the invoice had been paid. How good is that. With all that being said, like every peace of software out in the market its not perfect and it wont suite everyone but with the way this company has it structured it can cost you nothing to try it for months whereas most only give you 14 days. I reckon if your products good and suites the user it will sell its self and you don't need to force someone into a contract when they may not be ready. Integration with MYOB my current account program is great as it updates my inventory and sales and customer areas so i don't have to do any adjustment. Using bank feeds in MYOB you easily make the invoice as paid and the information is sent back to ServiceM8 tell it the job has been paid. If i add new inventory items in MYOB they appear in ServiceM8 ready to be booked out when the job is finished. ServiceM8 has engaged Strip as a payment gateway for credit card payments, I have only just started to use this feature, my first credit card customer the other day did it online when he received the invoice. The only thing wrong is there appears no way to add on the transaction fee. May need to tweak our charges if lots of customers start taking this method up. Good though as there is on monthly fees only the transaction fee so if its not used these no extra overhead. ServiceM8 has quite a few add-ons some free some for a small charge but very manageable. I'm about to work with their Forms as i am getting a fair amount of compliance reporting jobs now and see that my old paper forms don't cut it time wise. Support from ServiceM8 has always been great, submit a service ticket and the response is very quick compared to others that i can't mention. This is one piece of software I have no problem recommending to anyone in the service or small job area and some larger jobs too.

Pros

There are two great features that made me go with ServiceM8. 1/ As a sole operator (at the moment) the cost per month was fantastic as i was only paying for what jobs i could do in the month. Some other programs have a flat cost per month that covers x number of users, this is fine if you already have a fleet of vans on the road but can be a serious cash flow problem when your on your own. 2/ The ability to customize your invoices and quotes so they are how you like. I do a variety of small installation and service work and i track inventory, now in order to get the job total price i insert items into the invoice and use the free-form details area to wright what was done then when i produce the invoice for the client they see the worded details of what was done ant the total amount owing. Since using ServiceM8 for over a year now it has really changed the way i work with jobs. The fact that ServiceM8 keeps everything for a job with a job for every is going to be fantastic. Only yesterday i had a call from a company i did a quote for just over a year a go, i had marked this quote as unsuccessful, he gave me the quote number put it in the search box and up came the quote, revised the price and re-emailed all in less than 15 minutes. Much better than the old days.

Cons

Probably the most cumbersome feature i have found but still use it. Partial invoicing allows me to do progress invoicing on the larger job that go for several months and i need to invoice the client at the end of each month. Another thing i wasn't happy with at the beginning was that the app only works on iPhone / iPad but once i bit the bullet and brought an iPad (everyone needs a toy) I soon found it totally worth it in lots of ways.

Alex from Corporate Locksmiths

ServiceM8 is changing my business

I have been looking for a job Managment program for 3 years we started a 30 day trial of another product and we were having trouble interfacing to myob the Suport was very poor and many limitations on the product. The video help is so easy and every thing I need is documented. I found servicem8 on some web searches I signed up for a free trial and enjoyed my experience bit had many questions. I received an email to attend a live demonstration in the apple shop and had a chance to ask questions I left the demonstration convicted that servicem8 was what I needed to get my company back on track. I call several cloud solution company I wanted to get up and running a soon as possible with least amount of work.I went with the one day install and set up I had done most of the basic stuff the implementer gave demotes toons and tanning and help with form development training. Within a week were all used the platform.

Pros

I like the way it is cloud based with a local back up so even if use connection we can still keep operating our business. The ability to invoce quote in same platform record photo collect signatures there is not enough room to write the advantages of servicem8 over its rivals.

Cons

I really want to track purchase orders on the system it currently dose not Suport I hope enough people ask for it and it becomes part of servicem8 platform.

Andre from Carbon Business Systems

The Simplicity of ServiceM8

As a partner with ServiceM8 we've had exciting times with assisting businesses take advantage of powerful features the application has to offer. From creating forms through to managing staff, assigning jobs and scheduling work. The company has really gone to a great extend to make the application as user friendly as possible. This enables users to easily understand their new process when we introduce the application in their business. The cost involved is also of benefit to the Company as it is based on the amount of jobs processed through ServiceM8. Thus if you're going through a quite period the application tailors your subscription cost to the amount of jobs processed. An extremely favorable option amongst Trades industries.

Pros

- Being able to create forms directly from the mobile devices. - New diagram feature release also available on mobile devices. - Being able to save communication between customers and tradesman directly on a job. - Customized document templates. - Being able to send a quote directly via SMS - The ability to have all your Parts & Materials and Services available in the system to add onto a job. - The customized html code which allows Customers to make bookings directly from your website.

Cons

- The application is not available on Android devices. This is often the main decider for Tradies as most often they opt for Android devices since it is more affordable.

Patrick from Northwest Irrigation Contractors LLC

August 2016

This product saved our Business from going crazy

I love ServiceM8. I am the owner of a Irrigation Installation and Maintenance Company that service a large number of diverse customers. As my company grew I discovered that small details were slipping through the cracks and we were not delivering the great service that we knew we could. This started us looking for a software product that fit the scale of our business was easy to use and intuitive. We tried 3 platforms that were recommended by friends and all had very high entry prices and were overkill for what we need and worst of all they did not link to our booking software. To say the least it was disappointing. We thought that maybe we were asking to much and that maybe we should settle but then a late night Google search of the "best service business software ever" led us to ServiceM8 and we have never looked back. With in 3 days all of our business was being run through ServiceM8 and at the end of that first week all customer and contact info was imported and set. Service M8 has made our life here at NWIC so much less crazy and so much more organized. Thank you so much for making this product!

Pros

The mapping features amazing. My ability to look over the large service area that we cover and see where jobs are is a great tool for us to improve our routes and become more efficient. This software links flawlessly into my Xero account and make bookkeeping a breeze.

Cons

There appears to be some double entry issues that I wish were improved. When I enter a persons address, name, number as a Job Contact it would be nice to be able to then click a box to have that info transfer to other areas like Billing Contact so I don't have to re enter the same info. (this may be possible already and I just have not learned how to do it)

Erik from Restore cleaning

Amazing service software

Um well I am in the pressure washing - gutter cleaning business and needed a software to keep track of customers, have 2 way sync with quick books online and easy scheduling. I tried literally probably 100 crms before I settled on service m8. It was a perfect balance of amazing features but a good cost

Pros

iOS contact integration Qbo 2 way sync Stripe online payments Google? Auto fill for address! Schedule can export to google or Apple calendars Automated messages sent Ability to store files to customers Pay per job created Auto check into job and tells you when to leave to get there on time Also great integrations with mail chimp and other softwares So many good things yet not perfect

Cons

I wish it had or could change the following: Better customer organization And ability to tag customers. Better check In check out feature because often I forget... The job contact/ billing contact is wonky. Seems like I enter a new job and it shows up as job contact but not billing. It's just confusing Better system to map customer routes and book jobs. You currently can see your customers in a map view but would be nice to be able to do something with it. Automated messages should automatically be able to go out after job completion to ask for reviews ect Be more consistent with how clients show up in list - sometimes it client will come up Last name, first name and sometimes first name last name. No ability to add mobile number from mobile app.

Anita from Build Technics Pty Ltd

August 2016

Great product, so clever yet so simple

I love this product - I tell everyone about it because it transformed my business and allowed it to expand! It is so unassuming that it quietly achieves everything you could possibly want at the fraction of the cost of its competitors ( who quite often only do some of what Sm8 can do) without big noise or complicated programming- just effortless and seamless practicality- as you may be able to tell I am a huge fan - I love a great product and Servicem8 is one of them.

Pros

Best feature is the mobile app - we can run our business from our phone on the road - the app is far better than its competitors and means we only need one device on the road - which is way better for our employees who find it tricky and impractical to juggle a phone and a tablet or laptop

Cons

Hmm..only thing I wish it could do was run projects as well that way it would could do everything in our business - progress claims, variations etc. it can do partial invoicing which we find works a treat as a progress claim but for more complicated project based work it may be too simple - but do the trial so you can find out. As this product is not targeted at project building jobs this is more of a dream request than a ' con'.

Response from ServiceM8

Replied August 2016

Thanks Anita, really happy to hear to that you love ServiceM8. Project management support isn't on any near horizon but we may improve support for it in the future.

Ashley from Building Consultancy & Inspections

Servicem8 has streamlined our business immensely

We are a service business and have found quoting through to invoicing is sooo much easier with Servicem8.

Pros

- Easy to use and the search function (when working well). Also the ability to accept CC payments via stripe and push invoice details through to Xero. - Pricepoint is good and encourages businesses to utilize more areas.

Cons

- Lack of training videos. - Also difficult to work out how to update out job card for other 3rd party contacts. - Converting an email to a job seems to have changed for the worse and is much more difficult now! - It would be great to be able to oncharge a the service fee for Credit cards in the invoicing template, e.g. if the cc link is used you can set an automatic percentage amount to be added on. ie 1% or a set $ amount.

Ian from Abbott Cleaning Service

ServiceM8 is Gold

We have been using ServiceM8 for a couple of years, we find the intergrated system very useful and time saving, the ability to communicate with our clients on multiply uses within ServiceM8 has meant speedy outcomes and happy clients. The database means we can easily check client history and be proactive to repeat business engagement. The instantaneous connection to staff schedules via the mobile app means less chance of client error occuring. The pay as you go means there is minimal wastage on features that may not be relevant to our requirements.

Pros

with little training staff easily use and adapt to ServiceM8; the ability to check on staff locations; ability to submit a quote quickly has impressed clients.

Cons

limited ability to have common quote templates; difficulty in quick history checks on job numbers needing to enter multiple job cards to find the right one ( need the ability to add a discriptor). this also applies to multiple quotes on a job card ( require to send multiple emails to differentiate between quotes using the "Subject" line) Is only available on IOS platform.

Klaus from Chesters Plumbing

August 2016

Essential to the efficient running of our business

ServiceM8 is a wonderful product and plays an essential role in the running of our business. My boss uses the app on his iPad and iPhone to undertake the work whilst I am in the office using the ServiceM8 website to control his jobs and send out invoices. There is no more duplication as everything is recorded in ServiceM8 and, once completed, jobs are automatically added to our accounting package. There have been great efficiency gains since we moved over to ServiceM8.

Pros

Too many to mention including ease of use in all aspects from booking work to sending invoices, storage of information, communication between workers and admin staff, can work anywhere where an internet connection is available, system availability (I don't remember a single outage in the 4.5 years we've been using it) and, of equal importance , support from the ServiceM8 support team who have always been quick to respond.

Cons

Not much, only that suggestions for change require votes from other users to lift the suggestion's priority before it is implemented. I have made some very useful suggestions to improve the product and frustrated as there is no support from other users but I suspect they are all too busy to look at them and therefore no change.

Joanne from Happy Olives

Great Service Software

We have been looking for a software that would link to Xero that would help cover our quoting, invoicing and our job bookings. We came across several, but went with Service M8 as it gave us most things that we need and we loved their costing set up.

Pros

The cost is per job and not per month/per user. As a small start up company this was a great way to keep our costs low, but still be able to function with several users. I love the custom templates which allows us to create our own paperwork. The form function is a great ad on which allows us to comply with Health and Safety requirements especially when we are dealing with larger companies on a sub-contract basis. The job components such as text message, tracking, photo tags are the things that set us apart from our competition. Our customers think we are wonderful. The new job cost module is a giant improvement and something we like to use.

Cons

It doesn't capture costs from supplier bills or purchase order, we have to do this through xero. Also inventory/stock is very basic. I have to do this through another program. Doesn't allow for booking of hours for quotations visit without affecting the job costing.

Amy from D&A Airconditioning Services

August 2016

Great program, easy to use and a helpful support team

The program is great, and relatively easy to use, when I couldn't figure out something or asked if the program is able to do a particular thing, support is always willing to help. Answers are not always within the hour or a few hours but that is understandable. I just wished that I switched from reckon to MYOB at the same time I started servicem8 as the duplicate materials and customers were a huge pain. But I have no doubt that it would have gone smoothly if it was all set up at the same time, as it is running fine now that I have sorted the duplicates and understood more about how servicem8 syncs with MYOB.

Pros

that I can work on this for almost everything (except purchase orders) then when the invoice is sent, its over to myob to receipt everything. Also the job costing charged per job is great, however some months we could have lots of small jobs which add up to be an expensive month and other months there are a lots of larger jobs so it evens out over the period.

Cons

it doesn't do purchase orders yet! also some little issues about how it syncs with myob eg, I can't receipt payment in servicem8 then send to myob and be automatically ticked off in the bank feed in myob, if i didn't have the bank feed in myob it would be fine. I have now decided to sent it to myob for all receipting of payments, and it comes back to servicem8 and is noted as paid when it does get paid anyway.

Paul from RightWay Commercial Appliance Repair, Inc.

Service M8, my hero!

Help me! Service M8 is my only hope! I am a large, robust, and intimidating man, so I am told. However, when it comes to Field Service Software, I am very much the quintessential damsel in distress. I have tried Fleetmatics, Mhelpdesk, Servicebridge, FieldProMax, FSM by Corrigo, and a few others with no success, with nothing to show for it, but less hair on my head and elevated cortisol and blood pressure! Service M8 has been a godsend for a tiny company such as mine. The software has yet to have any hiccups, and while it doesn't have every single, nit-picky, feature I would like, it does have all the features I need for pennies on the dollar compared to the others. Something also has to be said about the support from SM8! I am more and more impressed with the level of support provided by Service M8. Whenever I get stuck on something, a simple five minute chat online at anytime of any day results in a solved issue! They have yet to fail to point me in the right direction, or flat out resolve my issue in no time at all. 24/7 click help and at the bottom of the help center screen there is a chat window that is always manned by a courteous and knowledgeable rep, ready to go, and they get you answers! I liked the software so much, that I, being an avid Android user that has never been of fan of iOS and Apple, made the switch to iOS because Service M8 is strictly available on iOS for the mobile portion, and I have never made a better decision! It just works! No headaches, no crazy glitches, no blood, no sweat, no tears, except tears of joy as I complete by service calls, invoice my customers, and get paid! Obi-Wan-Kenobi should take lessons from Service M8! If you enjoyed my review, click on this link to check them out. Service M8 gives credit for referrals, and it would help me out a bit, but don't let it influence your decision because the credits is not the reason I did the review. I did the review because Service M8 deserves a great big pat on the back, and I believe in given credit where credit is due!!!

Pros

It works! It is simple and easy to use. The support is super stellar!!

Cons

iOS only, no equipment tracking.

Stuart from Big Vision and Print

ServiceM8 evolutionised our filed services business processes

Were we a small business stuck in paper-based processes full of duplication and inefficiency. We explore so many options but found we couldn't afford most of the offerings available and found they didn't match our needs. We had considered expensive customised systems but found they too were stuck in the 19th century way of doing things. We needed a simple, cost effective cloud system to revolutionise our business. We found that in ServiceM8. We now say "How did we get by without ServiceM8?" ServiceM8 has literally revolutionised our business without upfront capital investment, and absent were the huge ongoing expenses of other comparable offerings. We had no need for extensive training because ServiceM8 is so intuitive. We are far more efficient and effective, our access to job records is immediate and available anywhere, to all staff, yet our data is safe and secure. We also make use of external contractors and ServiceM8 even ensures they are managed well. Best of all ServiceM8's pricing structure guarantees significant ROI without doubt.

Pros

Simple, easy and effective. Plus the price - perfect for us!

Cons

No system can suit all customer preferences, so there are a few things we would change, but otherwise ServiceM8 is terrific and can't be faulted.

David from Never Late Electrical

August 2016

ServiceM8 is very good we have used it for years and have recomended it to other trades. We were using paper and phone calls for job dispatch before we started using servicem8. We understood business and new how to run efficiently so we were only prepared to choose a system that enhanced our ability and not overcomplicate matters. We chose it over several other field service software providers, and we havent looked back.

Pros

it is very easy to use, it is extreamly cost effective. It is powerful. it is easy to make it work the way that suits your individual needs. Field staff use it instinctivly with very little training generally half an hour and in some cases staff just start using it with almost no training and just the odd question now and then. Our customers are impressed with how professional a tradesman in the field can be using serviceM8 on the iphone, especially when they get emailed the invoice while we are still on site.

Cons

there is no specific parts of servicem8 that we dont like.

Robert from STS Electrical Solutions

June 2016

Great software for small trades businesses

ServiceM8 has been an integral part of my small electrical business for quite some time now. It is easy to use, requires minimal staff training, and is very flexible when combined with available add-ins such as Forms. I am a sole trader and sm8 has enabled me to reduce my office time from approx 10hrs per week to 2hrs per week. This has been achieved by invoicing clients directly from on site and using the forms add-in to go 100% paperless (except for incoming invoices etc.) I would recommend any business owner who is not using similar software to give it a go and im sure after the setup phase you will be impressed.

Pros

Forms add-on. Ability to access job history from anywhere anytime.

Cons

Inability to use purchase orders.

Ben from Beautiful Plumbing

August 2016

I kinda like ServiceM8 a whole lot.

I was on another platform that felt like it was built on matchsticks. Every time there was a update something else would collapse. ServiceM8 seems to have a solid base as I use to hold my breath when an update would come up but it just got better hassle free.

Pros

Easy of use and it kinda makes sense to us Tradies. New employees seem to pick it up very easily and they like using it. Adding multiple photos is SO easy. The sync with Xero is great also.

Cons

That you can't update Clients email addresses in the job so you need to edit it and save it in the Clients profile. But i'm sure they will be updating that soon.

Mark from Crystal Integrated I.T. Solutions

August 2016

Brilliant software to manage jobs and staff for any service based business.

ServiceM8 has been the single best system we have ever implemented in our business. It allows us to manage our jobs and staff far more productively, and ensure that no job is ever missed. Since implementing ServiceM8, our productivity has doubled, so that we are now twice as profitable with the same number of staff. We could not possibly consider what business life would be like without ServiceM8.

Pros

The system gives us full visibility of all our jobs and how they are progressing. It provides our staff with instant access to the information they require to complete their work in a professional and timely fashion, and allows them to instantly invoice clients for completed work (and even take immediate payments), which dramatically improves our cashflow.

Cons

Can't think of any cons.

Response from ServiceM8

Replied August 2016

Thanks Mark!

Paul from Parkwood Maintenance

ServiceM8 Critique

Introduced to ServiceM8 by a fellow contractor about 2 years ago. Once we understood how it worked, we have never looked back. Changed for the better the way we used to issue quotes and invoices

Pros

Convenience of being able to issue quotes and invoices immediately when on site Time saving as no longer have to spend hours after work writing up invoices and quotes Great job scheduling/dispatch and reminders Relatively easy to use even for a tech dunderhead like me Good monthly analysis tools Very reasonable and fair pricing schedule based on user pays principles Fantastic "Help" people on the other end of the phone when needed

Cons

Having to pass on credit card fees is a negative for many customers but we realise this is most likely not a ServiceM8 charge but greedy banks screwing all of us all the time

August 2016

Andrew ` from Stakat Building (NSW)

service m8 review

overall the system has improved our job visibility and implementation has been a success. I feel the developers are too focused on adding new features rather then improving the existing ones. There are numerous, well lets say quirks to the software that are not being dealt with.

Pros

this software has allowed us to add photos ect to our invoice for our client. It has also allowed us to keep a time/date record of job completion times to assist with any client enquiries. syncs invoicing with accounting software eg MYOB, ZERO

Cons

Online support is time consuming. Annoying quirks in the software detract from its usability and time saving features. Reporting Is absolutely rubbish needs massive improvement no way to track simple data like quote conversion rates ect. More focus is needed on improving the current software rather then adding new features.

Sean from The App Shack

Very easy to use job management software. Easy to pick up on the fly and get new staff up to speed.

The ability to streamline a small business with this software ensure that small business that implement Servicem8 will see an uptick in productivity and also regain time they previously spent on managing their business using paper/older systems.

Pros

It provides small/medium size business an affordable job management solution. The software is constantly evolving and new features are being added and expanded upon. For people who are after an easy to use quoting, invoicing and job management software, it's hard to look past Servicem8.

Cons

Some of the features such as badges are a bit basic and feel like they could be fleshed out more. I've no doubt this will happen over time though. iOS only for the phone apps leaves the android market out in the cold. Would love to see the software expand onto the android platform as well.

Hamlet from Granite Perfection, LLC

Best CRM for Startup Companies

When we started our company back in 2014, I researched for a CRM for a span of 4 months. I was looking and searching almost daily, for hours at a time. Tested a lot of the CRMs, and by far, ServiceM8 was the top choice. ServiceM8 is great out of the box, but has many useful add-ons that are both useful and easy to add. The cost is very economical, especially in those first few months/years when you don't have that much biz coming in. You get charge only 50 cents per job, but the first 20 jobs are free! This is amazing for a startup. The GUI is very user friendly, slick, modern, and it works. They have an iPhone and an iPad app. They allow for a lot of customization. They have so many features that I suggest you simply go to their website to take a look. We're staying with this company long term and are so happy that we found them.

Pros

easy, modern, ios app, functional, so much more.

Cons

for non ios users, they won't be able to use the app.

Rob from OzPest Pty Ltd

With so many customers ServiceM8 ensures my company is always professional and technology superior.

Pros

When customers call me I can answer them by name. This is such a powerful tool and it builds customer loyalty through the roof, as they are just amazed that I remember them. Customers miss this personal contact that other companies fail so bad on. Taking credit card payment on your phone is a close 2nd but IOS contact hits the home run.

Cons

Can't create short cuts. I have a lot of repeat business and wish I could just click one button to create a new job that replicates everything from the old job. I could then adjust pricing and book it in for the next service. At the moment there are too many key strokes and you need to be careful not to forget anything. Please look into this as I'm sure I can't be the only one out there who would love this to happen.

Paul from Eden Stump Grinding

Great Mate

I've been using SM8 for 12 months now and it has escalated our job organisation and customer impression significantly.

Pros

Easy to Use. Affordably scalable. Cloud based, mobile and desktop friendly. Networkable. Helps us keep great communication between field workers and customers in a way that puts us in a class above the rest. Live tracking of field workers for both head office and customers. Integrated 'Request a Quote' web button on our site that converts all the web-request form info into a SM8 job in an instant. Support is fast, personal and determined to find or create solutions.

Cons

Features I find myself wishing for: customisable fields for added data collection on jobs (e.g. a way of recording and reporting marketing information. We always ask, "Where did you find us?" but there's nowhere in SM* to record that information in a way that I can print a report at the end of each month to show where our advertising is working.)

Shem from Clean Fix Mow

August 2016

Amazing App! A must have for any service delivery business!

This system entirely runs my business from start to finish and makes life very easy. Amazing app, features and great tech support. Have recommended it to many and will continue to do so.,.

Pros

Features are best in market - the servicem8 team are flexible with feedback and implementing ideas from users. If ideas get enough votes / popularity then they get attention and often implemented. Creating a fantastic feeling of inclusion in the app and ability to have an affect on the app you use.

Cons

No video support in app and also diagram drawing on iPhone should be available. No support for non iPhone users with android app.

Jade from Rubycube Consulting

August 2016

Free time for serviced based industries

After being a ServiceM8 user and loving the efficiencies a plumbing based business gained we became a partner so we could spread the word and help other businesses. There is nothing better than seeing the relief on a business owners face and their demeanor change when they realize they can run a business without having to spend all night doing the invoicing. By streamlining their workflow and enabling them to invoice on the job - as well as collect payment from customers on the spot it reduces a lot of the daily stress of running a small business.

Pros

Ease of use, workflow automation, price, new functionality always being released.

Cons

Reporting is a little light on but improvements are coming soon.

Trinidad from Plumbing

Fantastic invoicing software.

This has helped with my small business looking big and professional organized. Very helpful with recording of pictures, gps navigation, auto times tracking, note recording , check list and many more helpful tips to organize files.

Pros

Cons

Will love to see electronic signature on email response for authorization of work contracted. Also love to see additional authorization signature for unforeseen change orders or additional work authorization.

Tim from Batch's Locksmiths

August 2016

Nothings as Gr8 as ServiceM8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cash flow was shot, jobs were getting misplaced on bits of paper, and we never knew for sure if and when jobs were being completed and then billed out correctly, and in a timely manner!

Pros

Flexibility of being able to have multiple level logins. Great real time messaging and being able to check photo's to help with tech supporting on road staff! The ability to bill then and there and have your whole pricelist at the touch of your fingertips!

Cons

It would be great if you could tell if the staff member was checked into a job, by the job changing colour or have some sort of symbol on it to say it was being actioned.

Dan from Allen & Feldhaus Ltd

Easy job management software

We were looking for a way to ensure that info about a new enquiry was safely logged, ServiceM8 does this and allows anyone on the team to add more details, log time spent on jobs and so on. We are now much less likely to miss out invoicing opportunities for "when you're passing" or "can you just" type jobs that really should be charged for.

Pros

It provides a central record for everyone on the team, so if in doubt, stick it with the job (or client) record then nothing gets lost. It's cloud based, so no more server worries. It integrates with Xero. The support team are fast to respond and helpful.

Cons

Trying to make our own forms :( No standard mark-up available for quoting Quoting system doesn't really work for us

Small Service Business Gold

I have ServiceM8 open right now, and do most days. This is simply the best deal for the money. Period.

Pros

I've tried multiple platforms for my small handyman/remodeling company. ServiceM8 is by far the best value for the money. Easy to use, Easy to setup and it integrates with QuickBooks. I use it every day and could not imagine keeping up with clients, contractors and jobs without it.

Cons

Only con -- it only works on Mac/IOs platforms. I completely understand why they've made this decision, but it is limiting. It's also feature-lite, if you need something beefy this may not be for you, but for a small business that only needs the basics, it's without equal.

Patty from Swimart

Swimart Somerton Park

Easy to use, quoting and invoicing is made easy, keeping track of jobs and service technicians. The clocking in and out of jobs helps us for invoicing time on site and also deal with customer queries and complaints, we are able to log back into job and answer any onsite questions about time spent on site, photos help when we need to order parts etc. and notes about what was done on site. Fanstastic.

Pros

sms clients to let them know we are on out way, ease of communicating with our techs out on the field, invoicing straight to xero.

Cons

not able to delete all the existing materials as a lot of it is wrong or doubled up. Would like to deleted all the data and reload again.

David from Holdens Electrical Contracting

Excellent Value for Money

I was recommended this software but as I was using android base hardware it put me off so I tried a few other software program's without any success and a lot of money out of my pocket. I eventually tried Service M8 and adapted the IPads to my business and have not looked back. I can only say why did I not use this earlier. It now has streamed lined my business and we have formed a strong structure in moving forward and having the capabilities of growing to meet the our customers needs. This has become a great asset which is promoted through my Company's profile and commitment to my existing and future clients.

Pros

The ease of operation and live up to date information.

Cons

Not being able to open up multiple jobs at once and also when a job is open it need to be bigger to see more of it on the screen

Gavin from Gantech Integrated Solutions Pty Ltd

Industry: Security and Investigations

August 2016

You run a service business and are not using service M8?? Ask yourself why!

I started running my business with spreadsheets that were time consuming slow and easily corrupted. I hunted for an App to work on my iphone and found service M8. I started using it and was immediately impressed. I had previously worked for a large organisation that implemented a so called "larger and better package" that didn't work half as good as service m8.

Pros

ease of use on web page and iOS. quote, convert complete and invoice in the palm of your hand. Reporting details, custom set-up and calander interaction.

Cons

Searching within the app for current jobs. It could be the way I'm using it however when I search id like it to order in level of most recent.

Jared from Cool Tech

Clean, intuitive software

The best service software we could find. Easily has the best interface on mobile devices, with well laid out and clean menus.

Pros

This software has no contract like some, so it was very easy for us to try it out for several weeks with literally no money required.

Cons

It does not integrate with QB Desktop, and so far we have not found online accounting software to meet our needs. So for the time being we double enter much information. :(

Aaron from Get Painted Pty Ltd

I'm blown away by how simple Servicem8 makes it to run a small business

I've been using Servicem8 for several years now for my small painting company. By far the most beneficial part is using Servicem8 quote templates, by doing so I've reduced quoting times down from 30+ minutes to only 3 or 4. Invoicing times are way down too. The ability to add a "request a quote" link to my Facebook page and website is amazing and simple. I am now starting a referral program and its been bugging me as to how I was going to track where new clients came from, but sure enough Servicem8 have this all covered. None of this would've been possible if it wasn't for the continuos help from the Customer Support team. Now that I'm using Servicm8 for my company I feel the only thing stopping my business from becoming a much bigger business is me.

Stuart from Mountain Plant Services

August 2016

Excellent invoicing tool for small business.

As a new small business starting up, I needed a simple to use, practical invoicing system capable to function for a field service plant mechanic. Searching the web I found Servicem8 & haven't looked back. Not knowing computers in & out, any issues that have presented themselves have quickly & informatively been rectified by the ever helpful support team.

Pros

1.Ease of use while in the field working. 2. Support is excellent.

Cons

Only on my part not being computer efficient enough to use Servicem8 to its full potential.

Will from Tree Craft NSW

The most versatile and customisable scheduling software

Love this software, and the help desk is very helpful. There is a great library of help information too.

Pros

The forms add in with the ability to create forms that generate PDFs that attach to individual jobs - perfect for SWMS / pre-start checklists and other compliance documents. Very fast and responsive. The app is great and invoicing is a lot more versatile than with other systems since you are able to set up templates for emails, SMSs, invoice/ payment claims, quotes - anything can be customised.

Cons

Slightly clunky client input system, that allows only two contacts to be visible on any given job. It also inverts the name of clients rather than just storing it the way you entered it into the system. So John Smith will be stored as Smith, John. This is problematic with company names, but it's not a big deal in the end because you can go in and change it back, it's just a little inconvenient.