Smartsupp Software Reviews

Smartsupp Software Reviews

Find out more:

FrontRunners 2022

Find out more:

• icon"Ease of use, overview of customer's steps, ability to track record."
  • icon"I was find a lot of time a best chat solution to my website and with a friend I know Smartsupp, simply the best."
  • icon"ONLINE support, important for international clients."
  • icon"We're looking at closing it down as we now don't have automatic messages when we miss people."
  • icon"When there is a chat lost and I do not receive the user's email address to contact him again."

Browse all Smartsupp Reviews

• Have you used Smartsupp and would like to share your experience with others?

Luca

Industry: Furniture

GREAT WEB CHAT

We have been with them for 2 years and the service satisfies us.

Pros

Low prices, good customer support, video recording on the site.

Cons

Missing the possibility to send attachments or more integration with the cms (example prestashop)

Response from Smartsupp

Hello, Luca, thanks a lot for your review. We are glad you have been with us for 2 years now and we hear your concerns. The file-sharing option will be ready in the new chat widget, which should be out this month. You can read more about what new chat widget brings here: www.smartsupp.com/blog/new-smartsupp-widget/ We became an official partner of prestashop and the integration is available. You can find it here: https://www.smartsupp.com/help/#integrations All the best, Michaela

Krystian

Industry: Railroad Manufacture

3 in 1 program - it's great if it's possible with you

The program is well-worked intuitive as well as simple to use and in settings, anyone who has ever been in contact with these types of programs will be able to handle it without any problem. However, I would like to ask you about the possibilities and future integration in this program ????. That is why I will ask the question as in the title of the opinion. Is it possible for Smartsupp live chat to have additional calling options, e.g. callpage.io, we also have it in use, and pop-up messages, now marketing number 1, it works well with us. That is why we would like to have such a platform so that everything is in one place so as not to litter the website and not slow down the operation on the web. ??

Pros

I like statistics, customer search image, it gives us the opportunity to improve our ads and in particular the information that the customer needs about a given production so that he can read in detail and know what he is buying.

Cons

Everything is fine and I have no objections to the program and its work.

Reasons for choosing Smartsupp

I have them all and we use them all, that's why integration or creating a 3 in 1 system is an idea for the future, we would love to use it and it would certainly be a perfect solution for all users.

Reasons for switching to Smartsupp

There were no such options as in the smartchat

Response from Smartsupp

Hello, Krystian, thank you very much for your positive review! Currently we are not planning to add any calling options to Smartsupp, because we believe you are able to help your customers more effectively via chat, using screenshots and links. Regarding the pop-up messages, you can use our automatic messages: https://www.smartsupp.com/help/automatic-messages/. Currently, they open the whole chat window, but in the new chat widget they will show up as pop-up messages, you can see the example in this article and read some more about the new widget: https://www.smartsupp.com/blog/new-smartsupp-widget/ All the best, Michaela

Patrik

October 2022

Smartsupp review

I started using Smartsupp live chat a few years ago, when I tried it on my first e-shop. I've been using the free version all along and it's been perfectly adequate for my needs. Since then, I regularly recommend smartsupp's live chat to my clients for their e-shops. I always get nothing but good feedback on this service.

Pros

Free version foreverFast web deploymentNice graphic processingChatbot, offline messages and more optionsEasy to use even for ordinary peopleDifferent color chat options

Cons

While using it, I didn't find anything that I didn't like about the smartsupp service.

Reasons for switching to Smartsupp

More options and better responses.

Maros

Industry: Maritime

Unreliable

Great when it works Constant uncommunicated changes to how stuff works

Pros

Imagine, that you open your website one day and the chat has changed. The functionalities have changed, so that everything works different. The email notifications have changed and are sent from a different email address. You lose a couple of days until you realize what has happened. Smartsupp has changed stuff in the past without notice, but in Oct 2020, they just replaced the whole product for a clone of the competition without any warning. The fact that you can't rely on anything is the main issue. Otherwise, the price is affordable and if you don't need support (a bot would probably do a better job of helping with anything). If you don't like an unreliable product without efficient support, look elsewhere.

Cons

Unreliable Rigid and hard to adjust behavior

Smartsupp offered better functionality that has been removed in Oct 2020

Guillermo

September 2022

Smartsupp una herramienta para dar soporte y ver el comportamiento del cliente

Smartsupp nos ha servido muchisimo en un tiempo, hemos atendido clientes en tiempo real que entran a la web y nos contactan para saber mas de nuestro producto, y tambien hemos podido ver estadisticas de cuantos entran, que páginas ven, que leen a que le dan click, pero ya la hemos reemplazado por opciones mas practicas.

Pros

Lo que más me ha gustado es que tienes la posibilidad de ver el comportamiento del cliente en la web, ver el video desde que entra, ver que lee, a que le da click, ver el % de rebote, así puedes tener una idea de que reforzar en tu web, o que cambiar.

Cons

Smartsupp es una herramienta genial para dar soporte en linea con un chat a clientes, pero ahora hay muchos servicios que ofrecen esto sin tener que pagar, y son mas populares para implementar en la web, por ejemplo el whatsapp.

Response from Smartsupp

Thank you for your review. We appreciate that you took the time to share your rating with us. We are glad that you have a great experience with Smartsupp. :) Smartsupp Team

Replied September 2022

Fantastic live chat service

We use Smartsupp for two separate domain websites. Mainly, we wanted to use a live chat to provide additional support for people browsing our site. It so far has far exceeded our expectations. Within the first week, we helped facilitate nearly a dozen orders and interacted with over 100 people on both of our websites.

Pros

Of course, the free account version may be the best one out there. The plan is limited to 100 chats per month, but users should be able to gauge any ROI by that point to justify increasing their plan (which is very reasonable compared to other chat services). Conversations work great! Since it is a browser-based chat, set-up time for multiple CSR's was very low. Detailed visitor information is a fantastic feature as well. Automatic messaging also helps spur conversation when visitors land on certain pages, etc.

Cons

Some of the UI and settings can sometimes be wonky. Compared to other chats, there are far fewer features that can be utilized, making it more of a bare-bones chat to use (which isn't really a bad thing). Their company is based in Europe, so you need to keep that in mind when using their customer support.

Reasons for choosing Smartsupp

Price point was the main reason. A lot of the chat software that I saw makes you pay for every agent. Pricing racks up fast if you're adding 3-6 agents to facilitate two websites. Smartsupp includes 3 agents for free and allows for agent jockeying if someone is out.

Response from Smartsupp

Hello. Thank you for your review. We appreciate that you took the time to share your rating with us. We are glad that you have a great experience with Smartsupp. :) If you have any questions or suggestions for improvement, don't hesitate to contact us at support@smartsupp.com. We'll be happy to hear from you. Have a great day!

Replied October 2021

Beauty

Glad I found Smartsupp. I love it

I have been able to answer customer questions and concerns successfully. So far Smartsupp has been proven to be a great addition to my business. Thank you.

Pros

Smartsupp has offers several features even for the free plan that makes it one of the best out there. I love the feature where you get notified once someone lands on your website. Since I started using it I have not faced any problems. Integration was pretty simple. I highly recommend Smartsupp to small and medium businesses. Thanks.

Cons

I am yet to find anything dislike about the software. For suggestions, I would like to suggest that an update provide the ability to pull up products right inside the chat. For example shopify products can be recommended to customers right inside the chat section.

Reasons for choosing Smartsupp

All of a sudden Markeaze became unavailable. Secondly, the features of Smartsupp are way more and I would be sticking with Smartsupp for a long time.

Reasons for switching to Smartsupp

To enjoy the benefits of Tidio one had to upgrade to the paid plan. This is not always easy for new merchants trying to minimize costs.

German

Industry: Computer Hardware

My Review

It makes easy to capture visitor's interest and make buy or come to the store. With the auto-messages its even easier. Its very good and best than the other softwares.

Pros

Small but very striking chat box, wich allows users to properly navegate the web. Others have a bigger chat box wich makes dificult using buttons. Easy to use web dashboard, with sounds and alerts wich help, even in the free option. Very good in every way.

Cons

Dont have (yet) facebook integration. Pricing makes a dificult pro election, not because it is expensive, its just because its a lot of money in my country. Not further cons, its a very complete software, very easy to use.

Reasons for choosing Smartsupp

This one has everything I need, like smartsupp, it is cheaper than smartsupp and has facebook integration... But the chatbox was not satisfying. Big, larger, the clients did not feel comfortable. Even with the free version of Smartsupp, people writes without the auto messages.

Extremely expensive.

Ondrej

Industry: Medical Devices

Very useful for reporting and analytics, overall great experience when compared to competition

I am using it for 3 years on different web sites and I am very satisfied with the features. It does everything I need and even more.

Pros

Definitely the most useful feature is the reporting and analytics possibilities of video recordings. The product is very easy to use both in the web app and smartphone app. Also, the chatbot feature and text shortcuts are very useful. Deployment of the service is super easy. There is even a wordpress plugin available.

Cons

I would appreciate having the possibility to customize the chat widget more, so we can stand out of the competition who uses the same service.

Reasons for switching to Smartsupp

Because of the overall experience and the video recordings.

Well done live chat

The live chat helps customers to buy services on our websites. It has all features that we need.

Pros

Easy to use, nice design, enough features and no downtimes.

Cons

Just the visitors referrer links could be more informative.

Reasons for choosing Smartsupp

Price, features, customizations, responsive layout

Reasons for switching to Smartsupp

No responsive layout for mobile devices

Francisco

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Need to improve when clients are online

Pros

Easy to use, I love the app, multy language

Cons

We have lost conversations beacuse the sistem does not inform well what a cliente is there. I have to activate the app on my phone and then I am informed when a client is there. There is no warning for the client that in a few moment we will help them, so they leave in less than 2 minutes. The sound warning is no good, since we ue computers that dont have speaker. we need something that poo up or flashes so we can see tehre is a client there.

samrt was in spanish

Reasons for switching to Smartsupp

it was in spanish, chatra is in english

Response from Smartsupp

Hi, Francisco, thank you for your review, we really appreciate it. There might be a few reasons why you don't get the desktop notifications when a visitor writes you. Try looking in our manual on how to enable desktop notifications here https://www.smartsupp.com/help/desktop-notifications/. Otherwise, feel free to ask us for help at support@smartsupp.com Your Smartsupp team

Replied January 2020

Andrej

Decent tool for online chatting

Pros

Simplicity and UX is exactly what I like about this software. We have been using this SW for more than two years in our eshop application. We have tried thoroughly several other well known tools for chatting and must admit, we have ended everytime with Smartsupp. It has clean and intuitive dashboard - and what I like the most, if offline, you get the email notification ( of course this is nothing exeptional :-) but with complete and comprehensive visitor`s history - what pages had visitor visited, what time, for how long - so it records and tracks visitor mouse movements - and all these packed in pleasant email design layout. Good pricing structure ! Smartsupp has also integrated the option of video recording of visitors. It is definitely worth trying and for sure using.

Cons

I would love to have facebook messenger being integrated into the chatting tool - but as I have already learned - this is comming soon, so finger UP! And perhaps more options for for screen widget icons - people like to play - so why not offer them nice and colorful widget icon options :-)

Reasons for switching to Smartsupp

Simple, clean and intuitive dashboard and web page widget of Smartsupp

Response from Smartsupp

Hello, Andrej, thank you very much for your positive review! Yes, we are working on facebook messenger being integrated into the chatting tool, stay tuned for that. Your suggestion for different widget icons is interesting and definitely one we will consider. All the best, Michaela

thomas

unwanted horizontal scrolls & capability of hiding user photo if needed & miss chat or offline messa

...some horizontal scroll bars, down my smart supp panel, appeared here since a couple of weeks ago. while zoom of explorer is 100% they are there, and a part of panel goes out of monitor. it was not like this before. i think previous DIV settings were correct.

Pros

the whole software is nice.... miss chat and offline messages of customers are nice too, but...

Cons

i prefer when i miss a chat, or get offline message, that message to Email me to my Gmail account, or get an SMS based on the missed chat, or offline chat, which takes me back to the computer to consider customers. there is another problem, with alerts and alarm voices. they does not work on my cellphone at all. its ASUS ZD551K... ANDROID 5 ... i think it would be nice to use MIDI format, or make alert sounds through functions over every device, instead of a MP3 format to play on it. also, it needed to hide my photo over panel, some times. at least over my own monitor. and finally, i should suggest ...

Marcel

Decent Chattool

Its fast, good looking and very helpful. Our customers really like it.

Pros

its functional and the design can easily changed.

Cons

That you cant send files over the Chat.

Reasons for choosing Smartsupp

Because of the price. We needed a Chattool which is easy to implement, easy to change the design, and isnt that cheat like the most. We wont pay 30-40 € per month for a chattool. Smartsupp could give us all we looked for.

Response from Smartsupp

Hello Marcel, thanks a lot for your review. The file-sharing option will be ready in the new chat widget. The estimated release time is in September/October. You can read more about what new chat widget brings here. www.smartsupp.com/blog/new-smartsupp-widget/ Have a nice day! Patrik

Replied August 2019

luis

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Has potential

It seems easy for the users to use, with some more features would bee greath.

Pros

Been able to email if user abandones the chat session helps to give a better service.

Cons

It could help to have time and date of each page visited by the user. Bot response based on the text of the question or message received, we have many frequent questions. Send by email a follow up message to ask if we helped them. Been able to ask for authorization to see what the visitor screen to help them better, we have to ask many times for a screenshot and many users don't know how to take one. Been able to help an agent in chat with hidden messages to the visitor or a medium to communicate with other agents to help them or correct them. In some pages and systems the load of the chat is too slow, we lost many opportunities.

Reasons for choosing Smartsupp

I had no time to test a new one.

Reasons for switching to Smartsupp

It is hard to follow up missed chats or customers after they leave chat. Mos of the emails sended with tawk to go to spam.

abigail

Industry: Program Development

an excellent chat for your page

get a chat in my page connected to my cell phone before I used the yahoo messenger in my page connected to my yahoo messenger account but this application is better has more features I like a lot the user videos

Pros

the free service is good includes a video with the user screen steps it's very useful see how the user use your system, includes an app for Android, a lot of reports for see the conversations, you can customize the chat with your logo, integrates with a lot of apps like word press shopify, includes automatic responses

Cons

sometimes the Android app doesnt receive the notifications, it would great include an api to generate automatic responses programatically like the chatbots

Response from Smartsupp

Thank you for your review! We launched updated version of our mobile apps recently with several bug fixes of push notifications. I can definitely recommend to update to the latest version, where everything should run smoothly. If you run into any issues with push notifications on mobile, let us know at support@smartsupp.com.

Replied October 2018

Andrea

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Easy and effective

Pros

- 5 minutes setup - Simple Interface - Right pricing - Recording is cool to understand customers issues on purchase pipeline

Cons

- Statistics could be enhanced with better reports / automatic alerts when performance trend is decreasing and better long term comparison.

Maurice