Fishbowl Software Reviews

Find out more:

Recommendations

FrontRunners 2022

Find out more:

• icon"Ease of use and simple to understand. Simplicity is what i liked the most in this software."
  • icon"He is not only helpful but a complete pleasure to talk to."
  • icon"I want you to know how much we appreciate you. I hope that Fishbowl commends you for your outstanding talents and customer service."
  • icon"I tell all customers to minimize customization of products and keep them as close as possible to out of the box. This is difficult with business that are accustom to their old processes."
  • icon"Basically, I've found that most people who complain about Fishbowl are really complaining about inventory, which is hugely complex."
  • icon"Hard to fix problems without having to talk to fishbowl. But they are usually very responsive when i have a problem."

All Fishbowl Reviews

Ed

Powerful, Affordable Inventory and Order Management Software

Stated simply, Fishbowl is the best in it's class, period! Easy to use, incredibly effective and affordable Inventory and Order Management Software.

Pros

Fishbowl offers and unparalleled ease of use. Our whole team was trained and up and running in hours. You simply won't find another software package with the range of features and reliability at this price range. It easily bests other software packages costing 3 times what Fishbowl costs!

Cons

Their call back support could be a little faster, but it's still likely better than most software companies.

Michelle

February 2022

A Great All Around Product For Inventory

Fishbowl has helped us save money by being able to control everything from inside and not having to hire multiple 3rd parties to make connections. Fishbowl continues to add and upgrade the software to what consumers ask for.

Pros

Fishbowl software is easy to use. I like that you always have step by step instructions and some videos to help guide you. If you don't find what you are looking for, all it takes is an email, and support helps you as quickly as they can.

Cons

The only negative issue I have while using Fishbowl software is with the reports. Even though they have multiple reports to choose from, I feel as some of them can be upgraded to include more than one product a t a time. Example, when searching for a product that was sold on a particular day, and you have more than one size of the same product, it would be nice to be able to select as many products as you want to look at versus one at a time.

Reasons for switching to Fishbowl

The company I work for will have multiple users at any given time, the other big named software could not handle more than 1 or 2 people in it, or it would freeze up. We had to adjust our schedules to get work done which was very frustrating. We started out with Fishbowl in 2017, switched over to the big name in 2018, but after a few short months, we made the switch back to Fishbowl in 2018, as it is the best option for what we need and can accommodate our inventory management. We still have the big named software but it is only used for accounting.

Response from Fishbowl

Thank you so much for this review, Michelle. We appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback. We are happy to hear that your experience has been satisfactory and will take your suggestions into consideration while we continue to make improvements.

Replied March 2022

Eugene

Technical Support has hit rock Bottom

I have been using and loving Fishbowl for the past 5 years. In the past 12 -18 months the technical support has plummeted. I believe the took on new ownership and since then they have made phone support useless. As I write this I have been on hold for over 45 minutes. They give you the option to leave your number but I have yet to receive a call back from them. Really sad to see what has happened to what was a great organization

Pros

Software does the basics for small retail and manufacturing operations

Cons

Report generation is rigid and difficult. We ended up extracting all the data we needed to an external tool

Reasons for choosing Fishbowl

Built in integration to quickbooks

Don't buy Fishbowl

I paid a lot of money for this software for my small and growing business. Training was expensive and took many weeks. Integrations with Quickbooks and my Sales channels were buggy and resulted in hours of extra work to edit changed sales orders and sift through garbage data sent to QB. A few months ago I uncovered a bug with how data was sent to Quickbooks that totally screwed up my books. Two different support people logged on and watched my workflow, confirmed I did everything correctly, and verified it was a program bug. A ticket was created and then....crickets. Nothing. I followed up repeatedly for weeks. For a while I got assurances that the "best people" were working on it. Eventually no one would reply to my emails, not even my account rep. They completely abandoned me so I switched to Katana which has been awesome for my needs. I've never been treated so poorly by a software company EVER. Maybe they have chosen to abandon their smaller clients in favor of bigger ones.

Pros

At first the customer support was great. You could call and a human would answer the phone and log into your screen and help you quickly. Those days are over apparently.

Cons

Fishbowl support has gone in the toilet. The phone menu you get for support doesn't even have an option for just solving a workflow problem or explaining an unexpected error or problem. They have the call back feature, which can take hours, if they actually call back. They promise to look into problems and then don't.

Reasons for switching to Fishbowl

I was hoping to get better visibility of when I needed to order materials with long lead times and QB was not really an inventory mgmt program. I chose poorly though and bought Fishbowl.

Claire

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

September 2022

It's the one thing that has connected to Shopify seamlessly

Pros

We have used Fishbowl for years now to work on order fulfillment and it communicates and integrates perfectly with Shopify plus!

Cons

Sometimes we experience delay issues, or issues printing orders but we figured out a workaround using Shopify flows.

Bernui

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

April 2022

Fishbowl Inventory Review

Pros

Integration with our manufacturing process was easy. Purchases, Receiving, Bill of materials and Work Orders fulfilled our needs.

Cons

Reports provided are too basic, no help documentation to create your own reports. If you need a detailed or custom reports you have to purchase them apart.

Reasons for switching to Fishbowl

ERPNext didn't fulfill our needs preparing work orders.

George

February 2022

Inventory Management

Inventory syncing with Amazon, Ebay and Shopify makes our life easier. ORder processing in Fishbowl is another winner. Great for the price...

Pros

Inventory Management syncs with Amazon, Ebay and Shopify. Order processing under one roof. Ease of use for my staff.

Cons

Data migration needs to be more hands on with your team.

Reasons for choosing Fishbowl

Price was afforable for a small company

Reasons for switching to Fishbowl

Functionality and Reporting was not adequate. Support was very bad.

Response from Fishbowl

Thank you so much for leaving this review, George. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience.

Replied March 2022

Neal

May 2022

Sales, Point of Sales, Inventory, & Manufacturing

It has been very positive from the beginning. Support has been great as well as my sales manager.

Pros

Can be used in multiple locations via server. UPS integration. Accurate inventory control

Cons

None to speak of. Every program will have it's pluses and minuses. Overall great value for the investment.

Reasons for choosing Fishbowl

Much better inventory control as well as manufacturing.

Reasons for switching to Fishbowl

Previous system did not have any barcode implementation. Also could not be used in multiple locations or workstations very well.

Gary

Industry: Computer Hardware

Overall my experience with Fishbowl has been positive, it has evolved a lot since we started in 2013

Pros

From an administrator standpoint it is very easy to implement and maintain. From a end user standpoint it is very easy to train new Fishbowl users, all modules are designed with the end users ease of use in mind. Technical Support personnel are very knowledgeable and usually isolate and fix and issues quickly.

Cons

I wish the reporting side of Fishbowl was more robust, Home Care Industries is a manufacturer they rely heavily on making sure raw materials are on hand or on order to meet customer orders. Having a true MPS or MRP as part of Fishbowl with be a great enhancement.

Oscar

Fishbowl Review

Pros

Accommodates your daily tasks with reliability.

Cons

You have to really understand it to avoid flaws in the system.

Conrad

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

May 2022

Quality Software for Small to Mid-Size Businesses

We have been using Fishbowl Inventory since 2011 and while it has been quite an eventful journey we have seen definite improvements over the years in stability and ease of use.

Pros

QuickBooks integration is probably the feature I appreciate the most about Fishbowl. Any small to mid sized business that is outgrowing QuickBooks inventory management features but doesn't want to pay the price of an all-inclusive ERP program targeted for larger corporations should consider Fishbowl Inventory. The ability to track inventory by location, assign multiple vendors to one item, create intuitive bill of materials items that are as simple or complex as you wish, add multitudes of pricing rules for your products and customers, assign reorder points and order up to levels for your parts to quickly reorder items that are low, Fishbowl plugins that connect to a wide range of third party programs, I could go on for a long time about what there is to like about this program. Their support has definitely improved over the years as well, with a response to a support ticket usually within the hour.

Cons

One inherent weakness with Fishbowl is the QuickBooks export connection. Fishbowl has made tremendous improvements in this area since we first started using it, but there are still multiple times that we need to restart the connection before running an export. To be fair, this may be as much QuickBooks' problem as Fishbowl's. The software also tends to be buggy after new releases. Again, they have improved lightyears over what they were 8 years ago, but still be prepared to have some weird things happen occasionally when a software update is released. Also, Fishbowl only has rudimentary accounting functions and leaves the majority of accounting related tasks to QuickBooks. This can create accounting headaches and even nightmares if the wrong QuickBooks accounts are assigned to items in Fishbowl. I do miss the QuickBooks ability to map transactions directly to expense accounts. In Fishbowl, you must create an item and then map it to the correct QuickBooks expense account, which again asks for accountant's nightmares.

Louis

Fishbowl Manufacturing Software has proven an invaluable inventory management tool for our team.

Fishbowl Management software has offered our team a complete supply chain management and physical sales tracking system in one convenient system . In this time especially , we understand that organization and efficiency are paramount to surviving let alone prospering and we are thankful to Fishbowl for helping.

Pros

Our team found both these ease of use and relative ease of integration to be among the most attractive components of Fishbowl. The variety of modules allow close monitoring of essentially every aspect of physical asset tracking . With Fishbowl we can organize warehouse parts inventory , print labels,and organize purchase orders which organizes our supply side. Fishbowl's sales side module allows for effective tracking of lead times as well as sales item forecasting so we are never behind on available inventory .

Cons

Fishbowl Manufacturing software at this time time requires the use of a server which we had to supply . In exchange for all other features , we see this as a nominal and not inconvenient requirement as at the time we were adding new computer assets. This requirement may not suit all smaller companies.

Reasons for choosing Fishbowl

We selected Fishbowl Inventory Management software over alternatives for its comprehensive module options which allow for a complete organization of our office and warehouse now optimized with a primary consideration to sales output and production. We could not ask for more in this area of business operations.

Response from Fishbowl

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review, Louis. We appreciate your business and are happy to know that your experience has been satisfactory.

Replied October 2021

Cassie

Industry: Warehousing

FB has abled our business to grow from a home based co. to a 10,000ft fully functioning warehouse

Being able to operate above and beyond to what we used to. We can now compete with our competitors

Pros

I absolutely love that FB is easy to use and easy to teach. It has all the features that our company uses daily. Examples include customer pricing rules, customer "numbers" or customer sku's, Auto PO function, The import/export feature has been a God-send when we need to import products to our website or send information to our customers. The substitute feature is very helpful too. We also really love how we can create custom fields within every module. I really love how the FB team remembers our company when we call and goes above and beyond when we have a hiccup or questions. We can thank FB for some of our company's success. W/o being able to correctly track inventory and use it for daily operations, we wouldn't be operating at the level we are today.

Cons

There aren't things that I like "the least" but there are things I wish FB offered/had that would help our type of business/company. This includes: 1) Since we are a product distributor, we provide a lot of our customers w/ "quotes." FB has the ability to create an "estimate" but no way to store it or look back at it for reference. Pricing rules are essentially only created in our line of operation when a customer begins buying a product. So, we have to create "quotes" on excel sheets and save them on our network folder. So it would be easier if it was all w/in FB. Or if there was a different section from pricing rules that you could make a pricing rule? If that makes sense 2) Wish we could customize reports that are staples of FB w/o paying high dollar. For ex. the packing slip should have a signature line or at least the option to include it. Or there should be options on layouts or what columns to include. Also, we've gotten feedback from customers on how they wish the item # and description where split into different columns. 3) If FB alerted a user if a sales order has been in the system for "x" amount of time. Like a dormant SO in FB 4) Be able to sort the packing slip. Ex. by Item #, customer #, item description, etc. 5) Had a UNSPSC code field. We've found that this is going to be an important code for future web sales.

Christy

July 2016

Using Fishbowl for a year

I've been using Fishbowl for the past year. I bought it for a few reasons. One of the biggest reasons for me was because it can allow me to save credit card information for clients who continually order through our company. Another reason I liked it, is because I could place orders from anywhere using one of the plug ins. But the biggest reason I purchased it is because of it's accuracy in inventory, and because of the depth of the software features, I know that when I expand and have more than one location, a warehouse full of vases, ribbon, and potentially open a wholesale location for a facet of the industry in addition to the flowers, I'm not going to outgrow the software. I'm not even using all the features right now, but I can't wait until my small flower shop is big enough to have 3-4 locations, and use the reorder points! I know that sounds silly, but the software has been so nice because I can scale it for what I need now, and grow into it. And it's PAID for. That always feels nice :)

Pros

Encrypted credit card capture to charge recurring clients Stores pictures of the products that we sell Easy to add parts and products Lots and lots and lots of reports--- I don't think I've even opened half of them yet! I like how many features it has even though I don't use them all... it makes me think "When I get that far, then I can use this software to {fill in the blank} it's nice to know I literally have no limitations

Cons

I haven't found anything yet!

Dennis

Time used: Free Trial

May 2013

We are a Head Start agency that uses FishBowl to purchase, track, and issue inventory to 60 Head Start classrooms and agency departments. Our system uses SharePoint, which is accessed by each classroom/dept. to place their order which is in turn sent to the approving supervisor. Once it is approved, it goes to the Purchasing office were it is imported into FishBowl (all done electronically within the magic of computer land...and the IT department). We started looking for new inventory software when the software we had did not support the Windows 7 that we were upgrading to. We needed a fully integrated inventory software program that not only supported our classrooms, but would provide the Finance dept. with the information they needed. One of the features I like about FishBowl is that as soon as Purchasing processes the classroom/dept. request, an email is sent to the requestor letting them know Purchasing has received their order and it is in the process of being filled. When the order has been shipped, another e-mail is sent to let the requestor know the order is on it's way. This email feature has greatly reduced the number of calls received from our classrooms requesting status on their order and when it will be sent to them (I really, really like it). We have set up reorder points and default vendors, which makes placing orders to replenish warehouse stock easy and nearly effortless. Each vendor has their own part unit of measure and unit of measure conversion, which makes processing receipts magic (well almost). The tracking feature on a warehouse part has helped to track expiration dates on food (milk, yogurt, cheese, etc.). The expiration dates are printed on the packing slip that goes out with each order and helps us resolve expiration date issues. FishBowl will also let us know an item is nearing its expiration date prior to processing the shipment. Another feature of FishBowl that has come in handy is the ability to monitor specific warehouse stock. I use the feature to monitor our milk products (Soy, Lactaid, Rice Milk, Goats Milk, etc.) to make sure we have enough on hand at all times to ensure we receive Federal reimbursement for meals served. These items are monitored on a daily basis due to their sensitive nature. The Dashboard tab provides a quick synopsis of sales, purchase orders, RMA,s etc. The first two FishBowl tabls I look at are the Monitor and DashBoard tab that will let me know the health of our inventory and status of orders. Thumbs up to the programmers that wrote these features into the system. Sales orders and back orders are easily maintained and monitored. I can process order requests, and hold them until such time as I need them to be processes for shipment. FishBowl provides us with reports on classroom expenditures (food/supplies or combination). We maintain two warehouse identifyiers to identify our supply items from our food items. There are custom fields that can be added to input processing that can further help in processing specific types of reports and tracking data. Prior to using FishBowl we had trainers from FishBowl give us module by module training and help us set up and transfer data from our old inventory system to FishBowl. I cannot say enough good things about the help we received. Note: The online help and training is a great resource also. FishBowl provideds many features which we are utilizing and others that we will grow into. FishBowl has a different look and feel from the software we were using, but once we started FishBowl, it has become second nature. There is so much more about FishBowl than there is space to write this review. If you need more information please contact me.

Dave