ActiveDEMAND Software Reviews

Recommendations

Find out more:

Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"The support has been great, I love the ability to chat with experts whenever i'm having an issue and the response is prompt and the advice usually solves my issue."
  • icon"The analytics are impressive and easy to understand."
  • icon"I like that it is consistently being updated with new features."
  • icon"Sometimes it is difficult to talk to support through chat, ie. Trying to explain the problem, process etc."
  • icon"I find the experience to be almost universally annoying and very disjointed."
  • icon"I wish there was more drag and drop options and video compatibility."

Have you used ActiveDEMAND and would like to share your experience with others?

All ActiveDEMAND Reviews

Tim

ActiveDEMAND - A hidden gem

We needed a flexible solution for marketing automation that didn't break the bank. ActiveDEMAND was perfect. It was especially suited to integrate with our sales CRM (Pipedrive).

Pros

ActiveDEMAND is an incredibly flexible solution that can be used in a variety of applications. Their support is top notch and they will help you with anything.

Cons

The user interface is a bit clunky and slow. The templates are not designed in very modern fashion and require a lot of editing.

Response from ActiveDEMAND

Hi Tim, Thanks for taking the time to review ActiveDEMAND and for the positive comments. We appreciate the constructive criticism as well, regarding our platform and consider all feedback as we work to improve the software and our user's experience with it. Thanks again! The ActiveDEMAND Crew

Replied November 2018

Christina

Active Demand from an Agency Perspective

Overall I have been very pleased with the platform. The chat function is very helpful and I almost always get an immediate response and help resolving the issues that I have. With any playform there are "gotchas" that come to light after you get in to it more intently, and I have encountered those with Active Demand, like the incredibly slow load times when cloning elements, and certain clunky parts of the interface, but my overall experience with both the software and the customer service has been positive.

Pros

The capabilities that I appreciate most on Active Demand are the list filterting email developer/editor. I appreciate the amount of criteria that you can filter your lists by, giving the ability to add or remove contacts to your lists seamlessly and easily. The email developer is easy to use, aside from a few small glitches.

Cons

My least favorite thing about the platform is the amount of time reporting takes to propegate. I can't see real-time performance from email campaigns, at best I can see data after 24 hours or so, but if you like mo monitor your campaigns more closely, this will fall short.

Reasons for choosing ActiveDEMAND

The price was lower and the Salesforce integration seemed adequate.

Reasons for switching to ActiveDEMAND

SharpSprink was a piece of junk. Pretty face, but totally useless software. Nothing but bugs.

Response from ActiveDEMAND

Hi Christina, Thank you for taking a moment to give us a review. We appreciate all feedback as it helps us improve our software. We are sorry to hear you are having some issues - specifically with real-time reporting. We do have real-time dashboard widgets for email campaigns and we encourage chatting with our support team to answer questions about how to set it up - they are super friendly and helpful. Thank you again for your comments!

Victor

Everything I need to run the company and more

I needed to decomission Pardot, and merge several other application and acquire new functionality to be responsive to our needs. Support was fantastic and got me running very fast.

Pros

It is feature-packed and covers all my needs from Marketing Automation, Lead conversion, Account-Based Marketing. Power dialer, Social, and much more I have to yet implemented.

Cons

Workflow designer can be a slow on on very large workflows.

Reasons for choosing ActiveDEMAND

A complete integrated suite, great buying experience, lower cost, large library of OOTB integrations, confidence it can scale with our needs.

Reasons for switching to ActiveDEMAND

Cost and speed of deploying new campaigns. I needed dedicated Pardot expertise.

Response from ActiveDEMAND

Hi Victor. Thank you for your positive comments. We are very happy to hear that ActiveDEMAND is meeting your needs and expectations. And we are making improvements all the time - the speed of the platform being a particular focus - and we have recently improved the speed of our workflows. We hope you notice the change. Thanks again!

My Experience with Active Demand

Overall experience has been positive. I like that it integrates with our CRM for distributing leads and I find the email/campaign builder easy to use.

Pros

The support has been great, I love the ability to chat with experts whenever i'm having an issue and the response is prompt and the advice usually solves my issue. I like the reporting tools and that new features are constantly being updated/added.

Cons

I don't like that I can't use the workflow editor on my current subscription and don't really need the upgraded version for how we use the software. Also, it seems to take a long time to load pages.

Reasons for choosing ActiveDEMAND

I like that ActiveDemand is locally based/operated. Important when needing support.

Jon

Powerful functionality, once you get around the user experience

We were trying to implement marketing automation, and to capture leads from our website and put them into Salesforce. We have been successful with both of those, and I have been particularly impressed with the quality and flexibility of ActiveDEMAND's support team.

Pros

You can do an awful lot with ActiveDEMAND. Automation workflows, form submissions, CRM integration, email creation and sending, lead scoring - it's all there. I would say that it outperforms Pardot and possibly even HubSpot, while being less money.

Cons

The user experience is horrendous. Once you know where things are, what icons mean, and get inside the head of the people who built it, you can get around with relative ease. But until that point, you are pretty much reliant on the support people for help. The good news is that the support team are EXTREMELY helpful and don't mind you talking to them on the chat three, four times a day!

Reasons for choosing ActiveDEMAND

The functionality offered was just as good, if not better, and the price point was lower.

Response from ActiveDEMAND

Hi Jon, Thanks for your feedback on the ActiveDEMAND software. You have provided some very positive comments and also some items that we can improve upon so thank you for that. We continue to work on the software to make the user experience better and provide stellar support as we continue to update and grow. Thanks again for the comments!

Kristina

Great Price, Great Product, Lots of Features That Can Be Confusing to Setup

Overall I like that ActiveDemand allows me to get a pulse on website analytics, call tracking, and email marketing performance all in one place, and that I can manage all three from one place as well. This is a huge time savings working for an advertising agency with multiple clients. It makes reporting so much easier, especially since it integreates with many third party CRMs for full ROI tracking.

Pros

I love that ActiveDemand integrates Google Analytics, Call Tracking, and email marketing all into one platform so that I don't have to login to multiple different platforms to get a handle on how campaigns are performing. It also integreates with PipeDrive and other CRMs easily for full ROI tracking.

Cons

ActiveDemand has all the features you could want from a marketing automation platform; however, I sometimes feel it's a "jack of all trades, master of none." The UI can be confusing because it does integrate so many different things, and I feel like I have to chat with support often to figure out what I need to do. Also, they push updates sometimes that change your previous settings and you won't know until it becomes an issue.

Response from ActiveDEMAND

Hi Kristina, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We appreciate the positive comments and also your insights about where we need to improve. ActiveDEMAND is a very powerful system with a lot of features, and as such there is a bit of a learning curve. As you know, we take a full contact approach to helping our clients succeed with the platform. We are always looking for ways to improve so thank you again!

Replied August 2020

Good software for small businesses

It's been a good experience for smaller businesses. It's given us more data regarding prospects. I would call it a starter point for anyone interested in marketing automation.

Pros

The visitor tracking is robust and provides much more data than similar tools. You can get the full visitor history for every organization who visits the site.

Cons

The software is cumbersome and slow. It often takes several minutes to run a report. Compared to similar software, the automations are overly complex and not as feature-rich.

Reasons for choosing ActiveDEMAND

It was cheaper at the time.

Response from ActiveDEMAND

Hi, Thanks for your feedback. We appreciate your comments and use them to improve the user experience with ActiveDEMAND.

Industry: Environmental Services

Very well thought out

Overall it was a good experience and i've made several referrals. Its well thought out and they do a good job of staying in touch to make sure you are getting the most out of the product.

Pros

IT seems that you have an option for any possible feature you can think of.

Cons

At the time I was using the product I wish I had access to expert help to fully utilize every feathure effectively.

Response from JumpDEMAND

Hi Chris, Thank you for taking a moment to review ActiveDEMAND. Your feedback is very helpful for us to continue to improve the platform and our users' experience. Thank you again for choosing ActiveDEMAND as your marketing automation software.

Replied October 2018

Jeff

Might be great software, but...

Pros

It provides us with email marketing analytics and helps us understand contact rating in our engagement model.

Cons

I'm not an Admin of this system. I'm just a user. We have it hooked up to our CRM, which is where I spend most of my time. My opinion is that this might be great software for someone who is an admin trying to track analytics for a big company, but we are small and when we hooked this thing up to our CRM, there were a number of things that were either over-looked by the ActiveDemand Implementation Consulting team or my company cheaped out and didn't want to spend the necessary money that was required to make this thing work right... so, in the end, it's screwed up a bunch of my CRM data and I've been spending a bunch of time stumbling across bad data and duplicates then need to be removed, merged, including contacts who get re-mapped to other account owners or even the wrong account! Additionally, there are a ton of meaningless data entries now gumming up the running history in my CRM so that it's near impossible for me to find my last meeting notes... It's been a mess, so we had to delete a bunch of those system automated data entry notes in the CRM history, as well, and then turned off ALL live connection to CRM and do a simple "Post to CRM" from ActiveDemand and I'm a happy camper, again. Also, the Chrome extension runs too much interference on my processor when I am doing other research or hitting other web sites. Caching like crazy until I turned off the extension.

Response from ActiveDEMAND

Hi Jeff, Thank you for the honest feedback. One of the main reasons people choose ActiveDEMAND is our deep integration with CRMs. There is a lot of information that can pass between ActiveDEMAND and the CRM and back again, thus it does require planning to ensure the integration is meeting the business requirements. Turning everything on and pushing everything ActiveDEMAND has into the CRM is technically possible, but not recommended. Sales people need information, not data. Most people are not used to having the capability of driving so much information into the CRM (like we provide) ... someone thought it would be useful to get EVERYTHING into the CRM (like ice cream, a little is great, a lot must be AWESOME!) which caused your early issues. We do not charge for CRM integration services, our consultants are always available to review an integration. Please take advantage of our exceptional support staff, we are here to help. The ActiveDEMAND team.

Replied February 2019

Kevin

September 2016

Incredible Value

I was looking for something different, a competitive advantage for my agency. We are trying to be leading edge and I find Active Demand provides that to us. The features that Active Demand have has grown exponentially and their support is second to none. They really value their clients and work 24 hours to make sure they're happy. I highly recommend trying out the software and seeing how it can help grow your agency. Kevin

Claudia

Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

Awesome product!

I work in venture capital and use ActiveDemand for fund-raising purposes. I found it easy to use, customer service is excellent, and has all of the features that are important to me. Pricing is reasonable considering other companies that offer the same features charge twice as much. I am happy with ActiveDemand and I recommend it.

Pros

The Customer Support and his support team have provided to me is exceptional. When I was a new subscriber, He called me every week. He wanted to make sure I was happy with the product. Months later and he still calls me although not as often which is great but I know I can count on him when I need him. Also, I was looking for manual and automatic scoring. This was not a feature I could find in most of the vendors I talked to. Also, it is so easy to use that I got very little training.

Cons

When editing the email, the "Text" removes the spaces between the paragraphs. Most importantly, I would like to have the option to sort the contact lists. Lastly, it is not easy for me to determine if someone has unsubscribed or if the email I sent was blocked by the recipient's firewall. This is very important to me so I would really appreciate if I could somehow separate the unsubscribers from the ones who didn't unsubscribe but that are showing a red circle next to their email address.

Reasons for choosing ActiveDEMAND

Customer service, price and features.

Reasons for switching to ActiveDEMAND

Poor customer service and pricey.

Response from ActiveDEMAND

Hi Claudia, Thank you for taking a moment to review ActiveDEMAND. We really appreciate all feedback and we are happy to hear ActiveDEMAND is providing value to you. We work constantly to improve what ActiveDEMAND offers and your suggestions to improve the UI are appreciated. Thank you for your positive feedback for our support team. We have to agree - they are pretty great.

Vernon

Techi oriented

Great customer service

Pros

It’s got a lot of functionality packed into it

Cons

Some options require a more tech oriented person, however the customer service is always on the ball and ready to help where they can

Reasons for choosing ActiveDEMAND

Same reason we left unbounce

Reasons for switching to ActiveDEMAND

The integration with social media platforms

Response from ActiveDEMAND

Hi Vernon, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for ActiveDEMAND. We agree that our customer service team is fantastic and always ready to help with some of the more difficult features that ActiveDEMAND offers. We also provide a library of videos, and support articles that we constantly update to help understand our software and its features. Thanks again for the comments.

gerry

Industry: Machinery

Active Demand applied to Industrial Marketing

We just signed up for 5 years in a one year subscription model, so I would have to say we are all in.

Pros

The main benefit to me/us is the ability to "know" what is going on at all times, in real time. We make a change we see the result, good or bad and can manage a process forward in real time. Lead nurturing is critical and fairly easy to set up. The on-line support/chat function is good, but the people are GREAT. love getting real help from rel people.

Cons

Learning curve is challenging, as it some of the trickier back end functions

Response from JumpDEMAND

Hi Gerry, Thank you for taking a moment to review ActiveDEMAND. We appreciate all feedback to help us constantly improve. We just added the Personal Trainer to help ease the learning curve. On the right side of the platform window there is a tab that says, 'Show Me How'. With this tool, it will walk you through each step of a task. It also has links to how-to videos and support articles, without having to leave the platform. Thank you again for choosing ActiveDEMAND as your marketing automation software.

Replied October 2018

ActiveDEMAND allowed me very quickly to deploy my first email campaign delivering measurable results

The ability to set up and deploy professional-looking campaigns very quickly.

Pros

The abilities of Active DEMAND appear to be only limited by my imagination or the courage of my Clients to use them. The process of Lead Nurturing with sophisticated logic and decision making, while I or my clients are sleeping is a huge labour saving feature. Automated reporting with my Agencies branding help me get credit where its due without ambiguity. The ability to Copy/Clone campaigns, emails processes from one account to another is a hugh time saver when getting an account up and running.

Cons

Ther are several areas where the terms used are quite technical or ActiveDEMAND specific that could do with some contextual help on the screen to assist the newcomers to digital marketing. There a few key features, especially on the account, set up page that need to be right to deliver results. New users should book a Q&A Support session as soon as they sign up and I suggest AD labour several key points about the account set up.

Response from JumpDEMAND

Hi Mark! Thank you for taking the time to review ActiveDEMAND. We really appreciate your insights and comments.

Replied June 2017