• Pros

• "the email editor is excellent, and the open/click tracking is very good."

• "Ease of use. Nice design, Makes it easy to track performance "

• "Easy to use. Use the software daily and I never have a problem"

• Cons

• "There isn't much I don't enjoy about this product. I will admit there is a bit of a learning curve to the formatting; however, once you get the hang of it it is smooth sailing."

• "Benchmark doesn't offer the same features as some of the other big players; the automation is limited and tracking/analytics don't stack up. For the price and basic features though, it's a win."

• "Their interface is very effective on smartphones, tablets, and laptop screens but gets a bit too big on a 32" PC monitor."

Browse Benchmark Email Reviews

Hasnain from Creative Telecoms

Great Service

The software overall is great. It allows me import the contacts I want in any way I want, create emails, schedule or send emails out immediately and even has analytics for the emails that have been sent out.

Pros

When creating an email, it is ever so easy. There are many templates to choose from and if you don't want a template you don't have to use one! I can create an email within minutes as the click and drop feature allows me to have my email layouts exactly the way I want it.

Cons

Some of the templates I am unable to add things to. For example, there was a template with a blank space for aesthetic reasons. I would have much rather place an image in the area, however I couldn't. There isn't many negatives I can comment on this software as it is brilliantly done.

Response from Benchmark

Replied June 2019

Hello Hasnain, Thanks for the great feedback. Next time you're working on a template and need assistance, let us know! - Benchmark Team

Andrew from DeltaMV

Industry: Market Research

Easy to use platform

Overall, I am satisfied and will continue to use Benchmark . I started on a Free Trial and upgraded to a paid service. I plan on sticking to Benchmark for a quarterly newsletter and using to send invitation or special emails.

Pros

This platform is very user-friendly. It doesn't take much effort to get up to speed on how to use it, and there are many email templates to choose from so you don't always have to create something from scratch! I think it's good value for the money, and the support team has been very helpful in my experience.

Cons

There ares some features where I feel limited. I am not too experienced with softwares like this, so I don't know what's available....but I really wish there was a pop-up feature, where users could click on a button and it would connect to their email to forward a newsletter for example. I also have experienced some deliverability issues and have not been 100% satisfied with the response. I think with this and being a new user, it takes time to learn and develop the best strategy.

Reasons for Choosing Benchmark Email

I also use type form, but I don't use it for email. I have considered Mailchimp because it seems to be widely used (I see its logo often on emails/newsletters). I chose Benchmark because I like the look & feel of the website and some of the design elements.

Response from Benchmark

Replied May 2019

Hello Andrew, Thank you for the review and high rating. Regarding the feature you mentioned, we do have a forward option for the campaigns you send. When you have a moment, log in and chat with us, we'd love to show you how this feature works and also how to improve your deliverability. - Benchmark Team

Judith from OUMMM

Waiting For the Beta

I have used other email marketing programs. I chose Benchmark because I wanted an inexpensive option for a project for a client. I would say Benchmark is easy to use and easy to learn especially if you have ever used an email marketing program before. But like all software programs, it has its quirks and you learn to get around them. But Benchmark's tutorials, FAQs and feature lists may not supply you with all the information you need. For instance, there are two email automation programs that each offer only one or two automated steps after the trigger. Nowhere in the documentation did it clearly state that only the Automation Pro, that is still in Beta, offers a customer's journey that you can use to send out more than two emails in a sequence. On the other hand, don't pay for more than you need. If you blast out emails to a list of established customers with only quarterly sales discounts, or discounts for birthdays and holidays, Benchmark is enough. And Benchmark is inexpensive. But if you want to onboard various segments of your customers, educating them and eliciting their engagement, this is not the email marketing program for you. There are two locations for live support, one is offshore and the other is domestic. The offshore folks are nice people but they mainly operate by rote. The domestic support gets it right, but I am still waiting to find out if a personalized greeting can be added to the Automation Beta. In my opinion, a personalized greeting should be a standard feature in a customer's journey. I don't know if it is or not and none of their stated info tells you.

Pros

Benchmark is easy to use. Easy to set up. Good for very simple customer outreach, i.e a storefront that collects emails and wants to alert customers to sales.

Cons

Very limited feature set. Not standard at this point.

Response from Benchmark Email

Replied April 2017

Hi Judith, We appreciate you using Benchmark Email and taking the time to provide some feedback. Thank you for your kind words in regards to our ease of use as well. We do, however, want to address some of your points in regards to our FAQs and tutorials as well as Automation Pro. Admittedly, our FAQs and tutorials are an area we¿d like to put more focus on. That¿s why we¿ve recently established a training department to help keep those areas better up-to-date and helpful to marketers. Our tools are constantly evolving and the support resources we provide must as well. We¿re confident this new department will succeed in this regard, as well as with keeping all support offices across the globe on the same page. Your feedback in regards to Automation Pro is an integral part of the beta process. We expect new features to continue to be added to the automation platform throughout the beta period and after. Again, thanks for the kind words and feedback.

Nikita from Decoding Life From Within

Loving It!

Very happy!

Pros

As a new user to emailing lists, automations, etc., benchmark has been incredibly user friendly, simple and I actually switched over from mail chimp and much prefer it!

Cons

The pricing is a little high in my opinion with Canadian exchange factored in but otherwise no complains yet!

Abed from Mental Heath Care

Industry: Mental Health Care

Benchmark Email

No benefits yet

Pros

Ease of use. Nice design, Makes it easy to track performance

Cons

I have sent the first email yesterday. Out of 409 people, only 75 have viewed the mail so far. No one registered online yet. One concern is that emails go to promotion or to junk. Another, is that marketing for your software is misleading. Is started with the free plan thinking that I can upload up to 2400 contacts and email them. The free plan did not work properly, I was allowed to email 250 persons a month, and I wasnt allowed to upload the contact list because your check found out that I have more than 5% invalid emails ( I believe this is a policy to force upgrading to pro, which we were going to do after testing the performance of benchmark).

Reasons for Choosing Benchmark Email

My friends at my other job use benchmark so I would be able to ask them questions. Also it was stated that we are allowed to send 2400 email on Free Plan, I was surprised yesterday that I am only allowed 250 a month. And I had issues uploading the contact list which required that I purchase the pro vrsion.

Laura from Compass Educational Sevices

Great Software!

With Benchmark I'm able to communicate with all of my clients, inform them about new deals, and work to promote my business well. Not only that, but Benchmark also provides us with valuable statistics about how our well our email was received.

Pros

This software is extremely organized and user friendly. I am able to navigate my emailed newsletters with ease and convey everything in one place.

Mathew from Cutter Maritime - Port & Terminal Training

simple yet powerful

Pros

benchmark provides a great WYSIWYG editor - much better than most and all of the preset templates are fully responsive. Navigation is simple, the layout is clean, and the reporting functionality is great. seamless automation mapping makes setting up automated campaigns a breeze. GREAT customer service is also a bonus.

Cons

Like most email marketing suites, it can get pricey as subscribership grows a there are lower cost alternatives available but they lack the functionality that benchmark offers. image storage is limited to 10mb without upgrading to unlimited for an additional five a month. Deliverability is ok but could be further improved but is getting better.

Response from Benchmark

Replied July 2018

Thanks for the review Mathew. We have worked countless hours to get the editor where it's at. It makes our day to read a comment like this :). At this time, email delivery is our top priority and we look forward to continuously improve our sending methods for best delivery to the inbox. Thank you for choosing Benchmark and for taking the time to write this review.

Derrick from Genesis Rehab Services

Great but needs improvement

Its a decent program but for the money, it is to many glitches that need to be addressed. Spell check needs to be added back into the program as well.

Pros

Easy to Use Clean layout Ease of customizing templates Training other team members on how to use is easy

Cons

Customer service is not that great - Most are not American so language is hard to understand Too many glitches when working in templates Have to send several TEST emails to make sure the functions are correct The same email delivered to different members of my team show up differently or have different links A lot of bugs in the back that need to be addressed No Spell check function anymore The image editor is not that great uploading lists can be a pain sometimes you have to do them multiple times in order for them to get uploaded

Response from Benchmark

Replied June 2019

Hello Derrick, Thanks for your feedback. Whenever you have a moment, chat with us and let us know your concerns. We'll be glad to offer you a solution. - Benchmark Team

John from Camp Ballibay for the Fine and Performing Arts

good service, some good features, needs photo editor and interface improvement

Good - I use it often to communicate with prospective camp families and staff!

Pros

the email editor is excellent, and the open/click tracking is very good.

Cons

the built-in photo editor is poor. simple things are missing, like rounded corners, circle mask, edge blur and erosion... The interface is very “clicky” - there are multiple clicks where one will do (e.g. Adding contacts), and pathways you need to click through over and over again (e.g. Look at unopens, resend to unopens). An interface once-over could save hundreds of clicks. Delivery rates seem to have improved, but were low in Fall 2018. Also AOL seems inclined to auto-mark Benchnark as spam, which Benchmark then lowers your rating for! I had to remove all AOL addresses.

Response from Benchmark

Replied June 2019

Hello John, Thanks for the feedback. Whenever you have a moment, chat with us and let us know about these issues, they seem as if they're isolated to your account. - Benchmark Team

John from Vineyard Community Living

New to Benchmark

Pros

So far I really have enjoyed the ease to get quickly started on a project.

Cons

I would like a 1:4 column template. Can't add a 2nd user.

Marcy from Renaissance Craftables

Great list management and decent email software

Benchmark helps us communicate with our clients in a way that is both easy for us to use and easy on the eyes (for clients).

Pros

Creating and using lists is very easy, especially with the new upgrades! Adding contacts to lists works well with various options. I tend to upload excel files to make new lists, very easy within Benchmark. I do like that it's easy to merge lists -- and that the software only accepts one contact (if that contact is already on the merge to list). Somewhat easy to use when creating emails -- selecting blocks and design [but the source code isn't as easy to decipher and use (my commands do not seem to "take").] Using attachments and links and media is pretty easy as well. The reports (opens, click thrus etc) are very good! [However with the new interface, it's not as easy to back-track to the original Email Report (I find myself having to choose again from the report list).]

Cons

I don't really like that I can't "re-send" emails on my own schedule (not have to wait 1 week after last send). Also, emails from Benchmark DO get caught up in Junk Spam Trash Promotions folders of recipients and we do need to remind them (often) to check for their email. Also, when "copying" an email to use and re-name as a new email, I do not like that the software selects the "old" contact list to also mail to -- I've mistakenly sent emails to old contact lists and that was not a good thing in my situation.

Response from Benchmark

Replied June 2019

Hello Marcy, Thanks for your feedback. Whenever you have a moment, chat with us and let us know about your concerns, we'll be glad to assist you. - Benchmark Team

Michael from Trade media international

Happy customer

Overall I enjoy using it very much.

Pros

Unlike other email programs, benchmark allows me to send as many emails as I need without having to pay extra. I think benchmark is one of the only platforms that allows me to pay on the basis of the number of records and add the number of emails that I send.

Cons

Sometimes there is massive delays in receiving test emails.

Reasons for Choosing Benchmark Email

Because they charge you by the number of emails that you send. benchmark does not do that.

Response from Benchmark

Replied May 2019

Hello Michael, Thank you for your review. Please don't doubt to chat with us if you're encountering issues with our test emails. We'll be glad to help. - Benchmark Team

Brian from First Nations Health Authority

Hits the Mark!

We are a Provincial Health Authority covering an area roughly the size of France, and current health related information is critical to our subscribers. Benchmark resolved an issue of timely, wide reach that we had been trying to resolve.

Pros

The best part of this software is the ability to plan the reach in advance so our contacts are kept 'in the know' even when the editor is otherwise occupied with meetings, conferences, etc. We have three separate weekly and bi weekly going out to three different audiences, covering 2,500 individual contacts, and we can pre-populate weeks in advance and backfill where necessary at the last min, or just let the information go as scheduled.

Cons

The learning curve was steep, but short. We had a couple of false starts to begin with, but learned from our errors. Line spacing can be an issue. Even when the preview shows single spaced sometimes the publication comes out 1.5 or double spaced - not a big problem for our use, but we get some calls from our constituents about "weird formatting".

Response from Benchmark

Replied June 2019

Hello Brian, Thank you for your feedback and great rating. Chat with us to help you with the formatting of your email, sometimes something as small as copying and pasting can affect the format. - Benchmark Team

Amanda from GENESIS REHAB SERVICES

Good but better customer communication needed

Overall, the program works well. Communication needs worked on.

Pros

The software is easy to use and offers a variety of layouts.

Cons

Over the past 12 months or so, Benchmark has removed several internal functions. No communication about the changes was shared and we did not find out until we had to contact customer service. Each time we were told that Benchmark now recommends third-party add-ins.

Response from Benchmark

Replied June 2019

Hello Amanda, Thanks for your review. We will take your feedback into consideration. - Benchmark Team

Easy to use and scalable

Email marketing , small business

Pros

Easy to use and very practical, code, 3th parts options, partnert programs

Cons

Sometimes emails go to spam and reports dont show exactly what happened

Price and technical support

Response from Benchmark

Replied May 2019

Hello, Thanks for your review. Please let us know what you need to see on your reports. We're always improving our features. - Benchmark Team

Jeetendraa from GO SMART TOURISM

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Best for email marketing

Its good and price effective.

Pros

Very easy to use.As you don't require a trained staff to work on benchmark.

Cons

More templates to be included. As for travels there are very few. You must include new templates in every 2/3 months. So that we dont use the same templates again and again. Also templates options for Indian Festivals.

Response from Benchmark

Replied June 2019

Hello Jeetendraa, Thank you for the review and high rating. We will take into consideration the templates request. - Benchmark Team

Jessica from Cámara de Comercio Ecuatoriano Canadiense de Guayaquil

Easy comunication of our services and products to our contacts.

Pros

Is easy to use, and have a good team of client support.

Cons

The editor should be easy adjust to the client design, and i would like to know how to use all the tools but the informations or videos are in english and it will be good to have it in my own language.

Response from Benchmark

Replied June 2019

Hello Jessica, Thank you for the review and high rating! Chat with us at any time and ask for our spanish YouTube channel. - Benchmark Team

Mohammed from Indegene

Email feedback from

Average

Pros

Good for normal email campaign and good that BM has inbuilt list of unsubscribe and invalid contats

Cons

Not at all suitable for heavy automation no form for opt out like mail chimp offer

Reasons for Choosing Benchmark Email

For time being and for regular email campaign

Response from Benchmark

Replied June 2019

Hello Mohammed, Thank you for the feedback. Whenever you have a moment, chat with us and ask us about our Manage Subscription form and share with us other concerns you may have. - Benchmark Team

Ranjan from PDS Infotech Pvt Ltd

Using Benchmark for last 8-9 years

Excellent - till a year back Poor - since the last few months (just unacceptable) Unless there is restoration of Benchmark used to be, we will stop using the platform

Pros

Ease of use ... pro-active helpdesk This has been reason that we have been using the platform for so many years

Cons

There has been a serious deterioration in the quality of the platform. Delivery rates have dropped upto by about 90-95% of what it used to be. Frivolous checks have been introduced that even your helpdesk is helpless to explain. Currently the platform as good as useless for us and already we have started working parallel to other platforms where are getting similar results that we used to get using Benchmark. All our emails through your platform is directed only to our clients or prospective clients who have signed with us to receive communication from us.

Response from Benchmark

Replied July 2019

Hi Ranjan, We're sorry to hear that you feel this way. Email is a constantly evolving medium and we work hard to keep our processes up-to-date with best practices to ensure deliverability. While I don't have the information I need to identify your account and speak to the issues at hand, if you would contact our support team via phone, chat and email, we can review your account to see where we may be able to help. - Benchmark Team

Bob from Bob Thibodeau Speaks

My Review of Benchmark Email

Very good! Customer support responded quickly to my inquiries. For emailing your customer base easily and on a regular basis - this is good value for the money.

Pros

I loved the ability to design newsletters and email them directly to my subscribers. They have many different templates for you to choose from. The ease of use made my actual "writing time" for a newsletter minimal.

Cons

I used Benchmark when I first started in online business. It was very easy to use and the price was in my comfort zone. I then tried to set up a couple of "funnels" and could not do so (this was a couple of years ago - so time may have changed). I contacted Customer Support and was informed that the system I was trying to put in place was not available through Benchmark, that they were only for emailing directly. Unfortunately, I had to close my account and move on to a competitor that did allow me to build out my funnels for online marketing.

Ian from Publishing

Industry: Publishing

A Very Good Auto-responder That Fits My Needs

Pros

What I like most about the software is when I signed up it was free up to the first two thousand subscribers and still allows the feature of having an auto-responder on it. This is very helpful to someone when you're first starting out, as an independent self-published author you need something that can send a lead magnet/free gift to get people to sign up to your email list, a lot of the other email list providers don't allow for the auto-responder aspect unless you use a paid version of their software.

Cons

As of yet, I can honestly say I haven't found anything difficult with using Benchmark or that there's anything missing or needs to be improved on. It's hard to complain about the free email account when you're starting out.

Benchmark Email is Indeed the Benchmark

Benchmark Email continues to raise the bar and continue to be the benchmark in terms of creating genuine email campaigns and automated emails. We are closer to our clients now because of this amazing platform

Pros

It has a drag and drop email design which makes it really easy to use. It is also possible to send out automated emails and personalized emails to help drive revenue. Their customer relations is also really impressive

Cons

Everything works perfectly in my opinion. There is virtually nothing to dislike

Response from Benchmark

Replied June 2019

Hello, Thanks for your review. - Benchmark Team

Michelle from Paint Life Grand

It just didn't work for me.

I tried Benchmark Email for a couple of months and while I found it fairly easy to use, I was disappointed in the low amount of "views" my emails got when I checked on the status. I understand that since I do not have my own domain named email, that free email services such as "Gmail" often end up in spam filters. However, I have used another email marketing service and got more opened emails through them, so I fear the stigma is more on Benchmark than the fact that I use a free email provider. Otherwise, I can't explain why the other service I have used worked better. For this reason, I have stopped using Benchmark, after a couple of months, and went back to my previous provider. It's no offense to the service, but if it's not working for me, as a marketing tool, why should I continue to use it?

Pros

The emails look very professional and the software is easy to use.

Cons

I was not getting enough feedback compared to another marketing tool I have used, so I decided to stop using Benchmark.

Response from Benchmark Email

Replied December 2016

Hello Michelle, Thank you for this feedback, it really means a lot to us. Based on your feedback, I understand your decision to use an alternative service. Email delivery is essential to our service. We know we had issues with this in the past and we are working hard to provide our clients with the best email delivery possible. We are improving our vetting systems to avoid "spammer" like clients that could affect our sending reputation and we are improving our back end technology as well. We are also working on more education to help our users understand best email marketing practices. Again, Thank You for this feedback and we hope the next time you try us, your experience is much better. - Daniel Miller

We have been using it for a long time

Pros

This software is practical to use in a daily v

Cons

The e-mail sender is always changing so the receiver can not record the e-mail address in is non spam list.

Reasons for Choosing Benchmark Email

Because I got to know it first

Response from Benchmark

Replied May 2019

Hi, Thank you for your feedback. Whenever you have a moment, please chat with us, we'd love to assist you on the email sender matter. - Benchmark Team

Benchmark Email Saves me money

Benchmark email saw this my problem of keeping in contact monthly with my clients. I find that I’m able to keep my name in front of them and distribute information to them very efficiently. When I relied on mailings I did it much less frequently and it cost a lot more. Paying yearly reduces the fee so much that it’s a no brainer not to use benchmark. And I’ve tried to lease three other services. I found all the others are use more difficult to create and do the emails and much more expensive .

Pros

Benchmark software allows me to easily create catchy emails to keep in contact with my clients . I can easily create emails and track it’s openings and click rates.

Cons

The software is very good occasionally since I do a lot of my work on the iPad I may have the occasional issue where I need to get on the laptop to do something. But that issue is usually because I’m on an iPad not a PC .

Response from Benchmark

Replied May 2019

Hi, Thank you for your review and high rating. We would love to hear your feedback on what part of our email editor is not responsive enough to use your iPad. We're always looking to improve our platform features. - Benchmark Team

Kristina from Asbury PTA - Millcreek Township School District

Customer service is great - but there are glitches in the program that need fixing.

FREE Subscription!

Pros

That is free to PTA's! I like the fairly ease of use - -but wish there was a little more flexibility in the design features. And the blocks can sometimes make it tricky and tedious to edit.

Cons

The login -it never saves my password. And - sometimes it asks for the email address to login and other times it asks for username. This is confusing. I have had a lot of trouble with this. I also don't like that your account is closed down if you have too many bounces - - on the first time sending something out. It shouldn't do this unless it is a multiple case scenario. Schools search for alumni - this is the case. They give an email address to Harris Publishing that does our directory and we assume it is "good" but then it comes back. And - major corporations do not like Benchmark emails -and bounce them.

Response from Benchmark

Replied July 2017

Hello Kristina, We are happy to see you use our PTA Email Marketing plan. We made this plan to help improve the communication to parents. In regards to editing the templates and your login issues, I would like to try to setup a support call to review this. Please contact us at your earliest convenience to schedule a 30 min call with your account manager or a support representative. All the best! - Daniel Miller

Looks professional and easy to use

Good. I like the software.

Pros

Looks very professional and designs are gorgeous, giving a high-end and legitimate look for our company. I was also surprised and how easy and intuitive everything is. No need to sit through a training when you can figure everything out on your own, quickly. I especially like the free version.

Cons

The upgrade for a payment plan doesn't seem worth it for what we use it for. We just need the basics, not all the other bells and whistles.

Response from Benchmark

Replied May 2019

Hi, Thanks for your feedback and high rating. Whenever you have a moment, chat with us, we'd love to share with you how to get the best out of your paid account. - Benchmark Team

Simple, Effective Tool

Benchmark was an excellent starter tool for our company's email marketing campaigns. We eventually needed to move on to a tool with more functionality, integrations and features, but I would highly recommend Benchmark to those starting out with email marketing!

Pros

Benchmark was a very easy-to-use tool for our team's email campaigns. You need very little design experience to create beautiful campaigns. All of the features are very intuitive.

Cons

Response from Benchmark

Replied June 2019

Hi, Thank you for the review. - Benchmark Team

Nicolette from Grand Valley Fortifiers

Industry: Farming

To use or not to use - that is the question

I find it user friendly and has a quality feel and look to it.

Pros

I like that once the template is built it is very easy to customize or change components of it from one publication to another as far as text or images, links etc.

Cons

I wish when you had an image with text that the text would automatically wrap around the picture instead of having to build in another text box. Otherwise the text is off to the side and there is a large empty column on the right or left. If it had the capacity to text wrap it would be so much easier.

Response from Benchmark

Replied June 2019

Hello Nicolette, Thanks for your feedback. We noted down the text wrap feature request. - Benchmark Team

Does basic functions well

Benchmark helped us keep all of our data organized and made it easy to connect with our supporters.

Pros

Benchmark was a great launching pad for my organization's email campaigns. Eventually we switched to Mailchimp because it allowed us more options for special offers and was easier to integrate with other systems. However, Benchmark got the job done initially and was easy to then export our contacts when moving to a new system.

Cons

Benchmark does not offer as much as mailchimp for tracking, growth, and integration. It is a more basic email campaign management software, but does the basics very well.

Response from Benchmark

Replied February 2018

Thanks for the review! I know our integration options aren't as extensive as some of our competitors but we are working fast to expand these. Thank you for your business and we wish you the best! :)

Lynette from Ahrens Photigraphy

Industry: Photography

Great software

Benvhmark is easy to use and hreat product

Pros

Easy to use. Use the software daily and I never have a problem

Cons

Nothing. The software is great to use dsily

Response from Benchmark

Replied May 2019

Hello Lynette, Thanks for your review and high rating. - Benchmark Team

Julia from YES Foundation of Ross Valley

Overall usage

It's been time consuming to figure out how to get the campaigns to the parents in my\our contact so they do get the messages that they need to know for their child's participation in the our program without having the email end up in spam. We did not have so much problems with the Mailchimp service which leads me to think that Benchmark is just not as well known and accepted.

Pros

Easy to learn. Able to provide multiple user access through subaccounts dependent on the plan selected. Subaccount users have the freedom to add contact and send campaigns. Able to resend email to people who have not opened the campaign.

Cons

Most of the email appears to be arriving in people's spam inboxes. Can't seem to resend email to people who have soft bounces. Can't seem to resend email through contact. Sometime text formatting does not seem to work. When using the enter email address option to resend, not sure why it is asking for a list name and email addresses versus just email addresses alone.

Cost and feature

Shawn from McMaster University

Benchmark E-mail for Marketing E-Blasts

Generally positive. It's our main e-mail blast marketing tool.

Pros

List management is very user friendly. That's the biggest plus for me. Easy to integrate sign-up forms.

Cons

Sometimes the builder (drag and drop, not HTML) is a little buggy. It seems to be getting better.

Response from Benchmark

Replied July 2019

Thank you for your review! In regards to your concern sometimes something as simple as copy and pasting can affect the builder. Here's a link to our knowledgebase on the topic: https://cutt.ly/OYkx3c. If you have any other questions or concerns you can always reach our to our support team here: https://cutt.ly/JYkEvz - Benchmark Team

Julie from Charles D Jones

Industry: Wholesale

Good service but inconsistent

It’s good product for the price.

Pros

I like how easy it is to manipulate and how quickly it sends immediate messages. Scheduled messages are always on time. Very easy to use and generally quick to create messages that are effective.

Cons

Sometimes the “from” address changes even when sent from the same account. Also, sometimes the messages don’t appear like the samples to the same email platform.

Response from Benchmark

Replied June 2019

Hello Julie, Thank you for the feedback. Please don't doubt in calling us whenever you have a concern. - Benchmark Team

Diane from Soccer Shots

Great way to Communicate!

This has been the best e-mail system we have used. Consistent in delivery, accurate reporting, and analytics.

Pros

Benchmark has provided a consistent marketing opportunity for us. The analytics provided are a great added feature to emails. I love the resend option, and the ability to see failure rate and open rate of each e-mail so that we can adapt our wording.

Cons

I wish there was an easier way to work with images and templates, and not have to scroll through all uploaded.

Laura from AMTELCO

Simplified E-mail Communications

We've been using it for years, with very few issues.

Pros

Generally, it's very easy to use, and very intuitive. I love the fact that I can remove the Benchmark logo so that I'm not advertising Benchmark, but promoting our company's products instead.

Cons

Once in a while, it can get quirky, and not let me set things up exactly as I'd like. In those instances, Customer Support has been helpful to resolve issues.

Response from Benchmark

Replied June 2019

Hello Laura, Thank you for the review. - Benchmark Team

Fatima from Inv Faruli

My Experience with Benchmark Email.

Easy to use. Uncomplicated. Great customer support. Great value. Great tool for managing mass emailing, client lists, sign up forms, autoresponders, email campaigns and surveys.

Pros

Great tool for email marketing campaigns. Its templates are responsive and mobile friendly. Drag and drop option. Offers free surveys. Easy to incorporate social sharing. The Editor for the email campaign is easy to use. Its simple to use and has a free plan.

Cons

I consider Benchmar email to be one of the best Email Marketing tools. If there is something that could improve, for me would be: The automation its not clear enough. There isn't very much analytics on the free version.

Response from Benchmark

Replied April 2018

Thank you for these kind words and support! We are working hard to improve our Automation tools to have more clarity and functionality. Thanks for your feedback and for choosing Benchmark :)

Gavin from Sandbox Software

Love our experience with Benchmark so far!

Pros

We love how easy it is to build emails in benchmark. The drag and drop editor is perfect for our newsletters.

Cons

Would love to see more customization options in the drag and drop editor. It can be difficult to match emails to your branding with the font and font weight options.Would love to see more customization options in the drag and drop editor. It can be difficult to match emails to your branding with the font and font weight options.

Response from Benchmark

Replied November 2017

Gavin, Thanks for the review and sharing your experience with others :) . In regards to matching fonts with your brand, I know it can be a pain sometimes, specially since we only show web-friendly fonts and styles. You are able to make custom font changes if you play with the HTML code though. Here is a quick blog that can help you with that: https://www.psd2html.com/blog/non-web-fonts.html

mike from Nudey Health

Excellent email marketing tool and possibly the best free start up package available.

It has allowed to start my email campaign with no initial outlay. For someone starting out in internet marketing this service is hard to beat.

Pros

Free to open your account and gather up to 2000 subscribers, making this service hard to beat for entrepreneurs to get started in email marketing. Very simple to use and understand.

Cons

A little more Wordpress integration would be very welcome and the selection of sign up forms is a little limited.

Response from Benchmark

Replied July 2018

Hello Mike! Thanks for the review. Our free account allows startups to test the waters with email marketing to prove it's success without spending a dime! In regards to Wordpress, have you tried our plugin? You can find it by searching for "Benchmark Email Lite" in Wordpress. If you would like to see improvements on the plugin, please don't hesitate to reach out with your suggestions. We'd love to hear your ideas.

Stephanie from Rye Presbyterian nursery school

School newsletters

Pros

It is a very simple and also my program. I absolutely loved how easy it was to figure out the program. This program made writing school news letters fun. With the changing of colors for the background to the changing on font, this software was great. Parents loved receiving updates on their children and seeing pictures of their children enjoying their week at school.

Cons

When I would upload a photo it would rotate it upside down. It was a minor issue and it was simple to rotate it right side up.

Response from Benchmark

Replied May 2019

"This program made writing school newsletters fun." We loved that Stephanie! Thank you for sharing that with us and your high rating. Regarding the uploading of your photo, let us know if it were to ever happen again. We're here to assist you. - Benchmark Team

User experience

We are using benchmark for sending new product information and training announcements to all our clients and this is also helping us capture clients who are looking for more details on the program.

Pros

Precise report is generated for each email campaign which is easy to review and reflect on campaign performance

Cons

Cleaning up hard bounce emails accounts is taking long time as Benchmark doesn't have one client remove hard bounce accounts from all contact list An option to download the report would be much appreciated as it will help us reduce manual report generation, which needs to be submitted to management every week.

Response from Benchmark

Replied June 2019

Hi, Thanks for your feedback. Whenever you have a moment, chat with us and ask us about a solution for cleaning hard bounces and to export your needed report. - Benchmark Team

Peter from DEFIANT LOBSTER COMPANY

Suits my needs

It provides direct contact to people who want to hear from me-I like that.

Pros

It is easy for me to get out my message. I don't use all facets of it but it does what I need.

Cons

Once in a while I have to mess around with images but I generally get it figured out.

Response from Benchmark

Replied May 2019

Hello Peter, Thanks for your feedback. Images are a big part of Email Marketing campaigns, we're working on always providing the best experience. Let us know whenever you need assistance. - Benchmark Team

Jenna from Association for Asian Studies

Not user friendly + Crashed multiple times in the few weeks

We have decided to move to MailChimp. We are in the process of shifting over now. Thank you for the last few years of your support and service but we have experienced much unnecessary frustration with your features and stability.

Pros

Comfort as we have used your software for years. Time to time, I get a supervisor who can actually understand my query and answer my question properly.

Cons

Customer Service reps follow a script and do not read my initial query leading me to repeat myself and get really frustrated. Not all but most. Limitations on features such as editing html coded emails and not being able to upload html files. Limited to copy pasting html coded text. The Last Straw: Glitches and Crashing. For the past few months, I have gotten an error message when editing an image. There seems to be alot of crashes in the last few weeks. One day the whole site was down for HOURS. We were in the process of finalize an email to distribute to our members. As a result, we had to send the timely email late.

Response from Benchmark

Replied June 2019

Hello Jenna, We are sorry to see you go. Thanks for the time you were with us. - Benchmark Team

Isaac from Stevenson High School - PREP

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Great email marketing software!

We have been able to keep in touch with our customers more consistently and easily! We have been able to directly track emails sent out to segmented lists that have converted into immediate sales.

Pros

A great combination of ease of use and high functionality.

Cons

There really isn't anything I don't like about the software.

Response from Benchmark

Replied May 2019

Hello Isaac, Thank you for your great feedback. We're glad to know Benchmark has helped you convert your communication into immediate sales. - Benchmark Team

Bryan from NorCal Kenworth

Great features, better price!

Overall, we have experienced no issues with Benchmark. Our sales team is utilizing specific templates to enhance their communications to prospective customers and our slaes flyers are getting a broader reach.

Pros

This software is easy to use and navigate through. Easy to train non-HTML users how to create simple emails.

Cons

The survey functionality is very limited within the software.

Response from Benchmark

Replied June 2019

Hello Bryan, Thank you for the feedback and high rating! - Benchmark Team

Maria from MHP Real Estate Services

Easy to use, but could use some updates

Pros

Easy to drag and drop images and files to upload. Features are pretty intuitive. Easy to look at and move things around in a template.

Cons

Limited to three columns on some templates. When I round a box in the editing mode, it doesn't show the same way in the recipients' email.

Response from Benchmark

Replied June 2019

Hello Maria, Thanks for your review. Don't doubt in chatting with us if you find any type of formatting issues. We're here to help. - Benchmark Team

Cost effective and easy to use

Pros

It's very simple to create your own images and templates. Other software applications that we used in the past didn't give us the formatting flexibility that we wanted. This is very user friendly.

Cons

Sometimes we have a hard time with text being formatted oddly - especially if you copy and paste verbiage from another program.

Response from Benchmark

Replied June 2019

Hi, Thanks for your feedback. - Benchmark Team

Kristin from Globalstar

Benchmark review

Our company has had an over good experience with Benchmark!

Pros

The drag and drop editing ability makes it easy to build templates.

Cons

The contact list upload can be hit or miss. Sometimes lists are uploaded, reviewed but then show no contacts without a stated reason.

Response from Benchmark

Replied June 2019

Hello Kristin, Thank you for the review. Chat with us whenever you have a concern about a feature. We'll gladly assist you. - Benchmark Team

I recommended Benchmark to a friend today!

This is a great option for low-budget/no-budget marketing teams!

Pros

I think it is SO much more user-friendly than other email services. In general, it's drag and drop and extremely flexible. You can do quite a bit with a no-cost version, including more emails per month than I could ever use.

Cons

I would like more image storage for the level I use.

Mandy from Mandy Jo

Easy to Use

Pros

It was pretty easy to use. I liked the variety of templates and the reports were very useful. I like the sign up forms.

Cons

I didn't understand the segments. I switched back to my old email list because I was more familiar with it and it tied in with some other items that I needed to do with my website, specifically the landing pages.

Response from Benchmark

Replied July 2017

Hello Mandy, Thanks for the feedback! In regards to the segments, I would love to understand your current workflow to see if we can help you with our segments. I know changing to a new interface can sometimes be a challenge but I'm sure with a few tips of guidance you can be a segmenting pro in Benchmark! Please let us know if you would like to setup a call to understand your workflow and see what we can do in your Benchmark account. Thanks! - Daniel Miler