All Benchmark Email Reviews

Lorraine

Education Management, 11 - 50 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed March 2021

Looks professional and easy to use

Bruno

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2021

A good option, but not the best option

I provide consultancy as a freelancer for the implementation and operation of IT and marketing services for self-employed professionals and small retailers, such as lawyers, dentists and real estate agencies. In order to find a tool to use as a standard for mail marketing, I recently tested Benchmark mail, but I decided not to stick with it.

PROS

Clean, intuitive interface, user doesn't need to learn anything. Just log in and start using. For what it offers, it has a lower monthly price than competitors of the same level.

CONS

I needed customer service support and my issue took days to get answered and resolved. Furthermore, although it is possible to create campaigns, newsletters and customer journeys through automation, on other platforms this can be done in a much more intuitive way.

Media Production, 11-50 employees

Happy customer

Overall I enjoy using it very much.

PROS

Unlike other email programs, benchmark allows me to send as many emails as I need without having to pay extra. I think benchmark is one of the only platforms that allows me to pay on the basis of the number of records and add the number of emails that I send.

CONS

Sometimes there is massive delays in receiving test emails.

Reason for choosing Benchmark Email

Because they charge you by the number of emails that you send. benchmark does not do that.

Hello Michael, Thank you for your review. Please don't doubt to chat with us if you're encountering issues with our test emails. We'll be glad to help. - Benchmark Team

Replied May 2019

Ranjan

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2019

Using Benchmark for last 8-9 years

Excellent - till a year back Poor - since the last few months (just unacceptable) Unless there is restoration of Benchmark used to be, we will stop using the platform

PROS

Ease of use ... pro-active helpdesk This has been reason that we have been using the platform for so many years

CONS

There has been a serious deterioration in the quality of the platform. Delivery rates have dropped upto by about 90-95% of what it used to be. Frivolous checks have been introduced that even your helpdesk is helpless to explain. Currently the platform as good as useless for us and already we have started working parallel to other platforms where are getting similar results that we used to get using Benchmark. All our emails through your platform is directed only to our clients or prospective clients who have signed with us to receive communication from us.

Hi Ranjan, We're sorry to hear that you feel this way. Email is a constantly evolving medium and we work hard to keep our processes up-to-date with best practices to ensure deliverability. While I don't have the information I need to identify your account and speak to the issues at hand, if you would contact our support team via phone, chat and email, we can review your account to see where we may be able to help. - Benchmark Team

Replied July 2019

Noel

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2022

Easy to use email marketing software

Excellent customer service right from the get go

PROS

I like that Benchmark is clean looking and easy to navigate. You can create an email in no time. I like the email templates.

CONS

I don't like that I have to create a segment to email a few people in my list. Also my current website doesn't integrate with Benchmark to save emails. They said they were working on that feature, however. So not Benchmark issue.

Reason for choosing Benchmark Email

No fuss interfaces and easy to use for my small business. Plus I was connected with a very helpful sales rep

Reasons for switching to Benchmark Email

MailChimp isn't easy to use and has virtually no customer service. I'm a yoga instructor, not an IT specialist

Laura

Education Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2019

Great Software!

With Benchmark I'm able to communicate with all of my clients, inform them about new deals, and work to promote my business well. Not only that, but Benchmark also provides us with valuable statistics about how our well our email was received.

PROS

This software is extremely organized and user friendly. I am able to navigate my emailed newsletters with ease and convey everything in one place.

CONS

There isn't much I don't enjoy about this product. I will admit there is a bit of a learning curve to the formatting; however, once you get the hang of it it is smooth sailing.

Reasons for switching to Benchmark Email

Through Schedulicity we were unable to create our own custom format with our newsletters.

Nikita

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2020

Loving It!

Very happy!

PROS

As a new user to emailing lists, automations, etc., benchmark has been incredibly user friendly, simple and I actually switched over from mail chimp and much prefer it!

CONS

The pricing is a little high in my opinion with Canadian exchange factored in but otherwise no complains yet!

Reasons for switching to Benchmark Email

Mail chimp has no automation options unless the plan was paid and it wasn’t worth it to pay for the features they offered

Reviewed February 2022

Really good but expensive and complicated

PROS

- accurate statistics - easy to use - flexible design (emails looks good on any screen/device)

CONS

- price is too high - pretty slow support - it is hard to adjust scheduled emails considering all available settings (especially time zones)

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed May 2019

good service, some good features, needs photo editor and interface improvement

Good - I use it often to communicate with prospective camp families and staff!

PROS

the email editor is excellent, and the open/click tracking is very good.

CONS

the built-in photo editor is poor. simple things are missing, like rounded corners, circle mask, edge blur and erosion... The interface is very “clicky” - there are multiple clicks where one will do (e.g. Adding contacts), and pathways you need to click through over and over again (e.g. Look at unopens, resend to unopens). An interface once-over could save hundreds of clicks. Delivery rates seem to have improved, but were low in Fall 2018. Also AOL seems inclined to auto-mark Benchnark as spam, which Benchmark then lowers your rating for! I had to remove all AOL addresses.

Hello John, Thanks for the feedback. Whenever you have a moment, chat with us and let us know about these issues, they seem as if they're isolated to your account. - Benchmark Team

Fatima

Used less than 12 months

Reviewed April 2018

My Experience with Benchmark Email.

Easy to use. Uncomplicated. Great customer support. Great value. Great tool for managing mass emailing, client lists, sign up forms, autoresponders, email campaigns and surveys.

PROS

Great tool for email marketing campaigns. Its templates are responsive and mobile friendly. Drag and drop option. Offers free surveys. Easy to incorporate social sharing. The Editor for the email campaign is easy to use. Its simple to use and has a free plan.

CONS

I consider Benchmar email to be one of the best Email Marketing tools. If there is something that could improve, for me would be: The automation its not clear enough. There isn't very much analytics on the free version.

Thank you for these kind words and support! We are working hard to improve our Automation tools to have more clarity and functionality. Thanks for your feedback and for choosing Benchmark :)

Replied April 2018

Marcy

Events Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2019

Great list management and decent email software

Benchmark helps us communicate with our clients in a way that is both easy for us to use and easy on the eyes (for clients).

PROS

Creating and using lists is very easy, especially with the new upgrades! Adding contacts to lists works well with various options. I tend to upload excel files to make new lists, very easy within Benchmark. I do like that it's easy to merge lists -- and that the software only accepts one contact (if that contact is already on the merge to list). Somewhat easy to use when creating emails -- selecting blocks and design [but the source code isn't as easy to decipher and use (my commands do not seem to "take").] Using attachments and links and media is pretty easy as well. The reports (opens, click thrus etc) are very good! [However with the new interface, it's not as easy to back-track to the original Email Report (I find myself having to choose again from the report list).]

CONS

I don't really like that I can't "re-send" emails on my own schedule (not have to wait 1 week after last send). Also, emails from Benchmark DO get caught up in Junk Spam Trash Promotions folders of recipients and we do need to remind them (often) to check for their email. Also, when "copying" an email to use and re-name as a new email, I do not like that the software selects the "old" contact list to also mail to -- I've mistakenly sent emails to old contact lists and that was not a good thing in my situation.

Hello Marcy, Thanks for your feedback. Whenever you have a moment, chat with us and let us know about your concerns, we'll be glad to assist you. - Benchmark Team

Jaden Rose

E-Learning, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2022

Easy to Use Email Marketing

I think this is a good free software to use for basic email marketing.

PROS

I liked using this email marketing software when I was just getting started. It had a free and cheap first tier account. I used the forms to integrate onto my website. I also sent out weekly emails to my list. I also used some of the "light" email automations.

CONS

In order to use more complex email automations, you have to switch over to a paid tier.

Reasons for switching to Benchmark Email

Form integration and automations.

Brian

Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 employees

Hits the Mark!

We are a Provincial Health Authority covering an area roughly the size of France, and current health related information is critical to our subscribers. Benchmark resolved an issue of timely, wide reach that we had been trying to resolve.

PROS

The best part of this software is the ability to plan the reach in advance so our contacts are kept 'in the know' even when the editor is otherwise occupied with meetings, conferences, etc. We have three separate weekly and bi weekly going out to three different audiences, covering 2,500 individual contacts, and we can pre-populate weeks in advance and backfill where necessary at the last min, or just let the information go as scheduled.

CONS

The learning curve was steep, but short. We had a couple of false starts to begin with, but learned from our errors. Line spacing can be an issue. Even when the preview shows single spaced sometimes the publication comes out 1.5 or double spaced - not a big problem for our use, but we get some calls from our constituents about "weird formatting".

Hello Brian, Thank you for your feedback and great rating. Chat with us to help you with the formatting of your email, sometimes something as small as copying and pasting can affect the format. - Benchmark Team

Reviewed May 2019

Easy to use and scalable

Email marketing , small business

PROS

Easy to use and very practical, code, 3th parts options, partnert programs

CONS

Sometimes emails go to spam and reports dont show exactly what happened

Price and technical support

Hello, Thanks for your review. Please let us know what you need to see on your reports. We're always improving our features. - Benchmark Team

Replied May 2019

Jessica

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2019

Easy comunication of our services and products to our contacts.

PROS

Is easy to use, and have a good team of client support.

CONS

The editor should be easy adjust to the client design, and i would like to know how to use all the tools but the informations or videos are in english and it will be good to have it in my own language.

Hello Jessica, Thank you for the review and high rating! Chat with us at any time and ask for our spanish YouTube channel. - Benchmark Team

1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed March 2019

Benchmark Email is Indeed the Benchmark

Benchmark Email continues to raise the bar and continue to be the benchmark in terms of creating genuine email campaigns and automated emails. We are closer to our clients now because of this amazing platform

PROS

It has a drag and drop email design which makes it really easy to use. It is also possible to send out automated emails and personalized emails to help drive revenue. Their customer relations is also really impressive

CONS

Everything works perfectly in my opinion. There is virtually nothing to dislike

Hello, Thanks for your review. - Benchmark Team

Abigail

Architecture & Planning, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Reviewed November 2016

A great Alternative to MailChimp

I'm almost always on the lookout for free marketing software's to test out and after using SendinBlue and MailChimp, I wanted something with email marketing automation similar to MailChimp but with a smooth UI and design the abilities of MailChimp. I found Benchmark while searching for free email automation software's on Google. I wanted an email marketing software to create an email course. I could have used SendinBlue but I wanted one that would notify me whenever someone joins the course, I also wanted a software that integrated with Facebook. Benchmarks free plan caught my eyes and I signed up after asking the online support a few questions. Pros: Responsive templates somewhat similar to Active Hosted Drag and Drop editor. Creating templates email templates were easy and the customization options were great. Cons: I asked the customer support if I could add an image header in the email signup form (MailChimp supports this) and he said yes. Sadly, like Zoho Forms and SendinBlue forms, the design options for signup forms are very limited and doesn't allow more branding options.

PROS

Simple email editor, The free plan comes with features for beginners to email marketing or for bloggers and small businesses.

CONS

The email automation in the freeplan only allows one-off emails like welcome emails. What i wanted was to create drip campigns such as email courses but unfortunately the free plan doesnt allow that. I wish they had stated what the freeplan can and cannot do before i signed up, because i was looking forward to A/B testing, indepth reports and creating drip campigns but the free plan doesn't allow that.

Hello Abigail, Thank you for the detailed review! In regards to the image on your signup form, we made some improvements to our signup form tools and you should be able to add in an image to the form. Please contact our support team if you have questions on how to do this. We thank you for using our service and sharing the good word with the world! Please keep an eye out for some new automation tools. :)

Replied December 2016

Kristina

Education Management, 1 employee

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed July 2017

Customer service is great - but there are glitches in the program that need fixing.

FREE Subscription!

PROS

That is free to PTA's! I like the fairly ease of use - -but wish there was a little more flexibility in the design features. And the blocks can sometimes make it tricky and tedious to edit.

CONS

The login -it never saves my password. And - sometimes it asks for the email address to login and other times it asks for username. This is confusing. I have had a lot of trouble with this. I also don't like that your account is closed down if you have too many bounces - - on the first time sending something out. It shouldn't do this unless it is a multiple case scenario. Schools search for alumni - this is the case. They give an email address to Harris Publishing that does our directory and we assume it is "good" but then it comes back. And - major corporations do not like Benchmark emails -and bounce them.

Hello Kristina, We are happy to see you use our PTA Email Marketing plan. We made this plan to help improve the communication to parents. In regards to editing the templates and your login issues, I would like to try to setup a support call to review this. Please contact us at your earliest convenience to schedule a 30 min call with your account manager or a support representative. All the best! - Daniel Miller

Replied July 2017