ContactMonkey Software Reviews

ContactMonkey Software Reviews

Find out more:

Find out more:

• icon"What i like most about this software is how user friendly it is as well as the customer support, always there when you need them."
  • icon"Contact Monkey did exactly what I needed it to do and was easy to learn and use, this software is popular with all of my friends and acquaintances who handle mailing lists, tracking, and more."
  • icon"Great visibility into sent emails and further actions, handy dashboards with simple and clear statistics. Very helpful when working with prospects to trigger a call and another action."
  • icon"This may not be Contact Monkey's fault and may be limited to the ISP information they receive. Nonetheless it is a problem."
  • icon"Only complaint I have is how it tracks opens when sending a single email to multiple contacts."
  • icon"Get stuck in between so have to restart outlook many times."

All ContactMonkey Reviews

Nathaniel J.

Does exactly what we need it to at a good price

Helps determine which prospecting emails are more effective than others.

Pros

We use this at my company to assist with email prospecting. The tool is easy to install and does exactly what we need it to--I use it on every email I send. It has helped immensely in determining which prospects emails are effective and which ones aren't, and made my prospecting much more effective. Also helps me determine, when customers are being non-responsive, if they have even seen my message. We use this cross-team as a metric to measure rep email productivity.

Cons

The first time I installed it, Outlook was unbearably slow every time I opened an email. This went away after I rebooted. I don't really have many complaints about the tool.

Jonathan

Easy to use and soooo helpful

Being able to know when priority emails are being open .

Pros

First off, I love how simple this is to use. Then it's great with how useful this is. I use it constantly after sending proposals to prospects

Cons

Only complaint I have is how it tracks opens when sending a single email to multiple contacts. Would like to see exactly who opens when for group emails.

Paula

Very poor customer service and a glitchy product - but great when it works!

ContactMonkey customer support offer a very poor service. I've had to contact them three times over the course of my year long subscription and every time they took a long time to respond. My initial issues were with the sidebar not refreshing and they were unable to advise how to fix this - their advice didn't work. Then I had to contact them when after my year's subscription expired they took payment from my card without an email reminder they were about to do so - and I never even received a receipt via email, so had no idea I had been charged until I checked my bank account. When I emailed them to say I was irritated by this and that they should send reminders/invoices I received a response saying they had cancelled my subscription and refunded me in full. This was NOT what I had asked for and I was even more annoyed as I was left without email tracking for my business and out of pocket while I waited for the refund. During the time spent waiting for the refund I've decided to use another competitor of theirs instead. They really need to improve their response times to support tickets and their customer service and billing.

Pros

Easy to set up and track all your emails - the sidebar stays active and lets you know when they've been read, so you can use it as a "to-do" list to remind you who you need to respond to.

Cons

The sidebar showing when emails have been read often fails to automatically update, so you assume emails haven't been read, when in fact they have. You then need to click the refresh button on the sidebar to manually update.

Reasons for choosing ContactMonkey

I didn't realise there were affordable alternatives. I've since cancelled ContactMonkey and switched to one of those.

Paul F

Very happy with functions and rely on it everyday

Pros

Number of times emails are opened and when is what I like most and rely on in my daily sales. Sidebar is also goo.

Cons

The results sometimes return in accurate number of views. Need to somehow determine if email has been forwarded then opened.

Isaac

A good product - website could provide more avenues for help/tutorial videos, etc.

Email tracking and data analytics for sales

Pros

I like the analytics - being able to search by subject and time frame is a nice feature that helps in following up on sales campaigns

Cons

The tracking isn't the most accurate as it seems to track emails in the preview pane (which you have to do) but in reality, you may get someone just deleting every email above the tracked email. This gives a notice of that email being "opened" each time it moves back into the preview pane. I also feel the "link" tracker is not that great.

Katelyn

Really like for tracking emails.

Tracking emails is great for prospecting.

Pros

Good for tracking my emails, opens, clicks and location it's opened from. I think it does a really good job on this.

Cons

The reporting to excel function doesn't seem to work that great. When I generate a new report and export to excel the results are not what I specified.

Jeff

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Tried them all and ContactMonkey is my favorite

I was very interested in the email tracking function more than anything else. I need to know that a client, candidate, or potential client has opened my email. Seeing that they clicked a link is hugely beneficial.

Pros

Love the way it integrates with Outlook. Has sidebar notifications that show sent emails, none of my other trials showed this. Also has desktop notifications. Very detailed and useful tracking reports.

Cons

So far it has been excellent. The only small thing is that sometimes will have to hit refresh on the sidebar to see my most recent email opens. Not a big deal since I receive desktop notifications.

It is very useful for me as a salesman to track emails

I track emails that I send out to prospects and it's very helpful.

Pros

The extent to which you can track an email (locations of opens and forwards etc). The dashboard feature is also something that I use frequently.

Cons

Sometimes certain emails are not tracked and sometimes if I do a mass mail merge from Word, there are issues with tracking it

Perfect for sales and marketing

Pros

For my use, it's been the best investment we can think of. Being able to see when people are reviewing your emails is key to determining whether your message is getting across.

Cons

There are times when the times/locations could be a little more accurate. I also wish there was a better way to categorize the emails.

Marc

I've used the software for more than a year but I haven't been able to monetize it.

Pros

There are many other software that do the same thing. There's nothing special about ContactMonkey. Probably the thing I like most is the price. However, I haven't compared other offers for a long time.

Cons

The information analysis very poor. To try to extract a better analysis I usually need to download the full report into Excel and play around with that file. I think that there should be more screening capabilities. There are two types of people who read our emails; 1) the ones who usually read them, and 2) the ones who never read them. I think there should be some sort of alert when something unual happens, ie someone who hasn't open/read an email in a long time does so today.

Martin

Email Tracking Excellence

Insights from email opens helps with better follow-up phone calls, allows more meetings to be set and ultimately more sales to be made.

Pros

Understanding email openings increases effectiveness of targeted phone calls. Easy to customize what you want to track and how you want to see reporting metrics. If using this tool can help generate even just 1 additional sale per year it ends up paying for itself many times over so it's a smart investment.

Cons

I've got no major cons to report. I haven't used a bunch of other providers for this type of service so I can't compare it for you. ContactMonkey has worked well enough that I haven't felt the need to look elsewhere.

Great service - no more 'send & pray'. Now you can tell if your message was received & acted on!

Provides an invaluable source of feedback on if/when (and how many times) your email recipient opened your email. Before Contact Monkey, like driving a submarine, you were completely blind when you sent an email. You hit SEND and hoped for the best. With Contact Monkey, you now have a 'periscope' of sorts that allows you to 'see' when your email was opened and, if you included a hyperlink, acted on. Invaluable from a sales standpoint. Thanks for illuminating what has, historically, been a dark and often times frustrating communication medium!

Pros

Can provide immediate feedback on email messages sent. Easy integration with Outlook. In 2+ years, very few issues with service. Customer service easy to work with and very responsive.

Cons

I've become addicted to the Contact Monkey sidebar in Outlook. Doesn't have an OSX version for Mac. Message tracking can be blocked by receiver's firewall.

Alison

I love ContactMonkey!

Increased visibility, ability to connect easier with others via email and phones, better understanding of click rates and opening times.

Pros

I was a bit hesitant that ContactMonkey would help me in my day to day job, but I tried the 30 day trial and was hooked. It gives great visibility and has allowed me to connect with many more prospects than I otherwise could have. Great software, and for a great price!

Cons

Sometimes I wish this gave me a little more visibility. I have submitted a request for the report and had to wait over an hour one time. If I could have direct control on building out reports, that would be a big help. I also would like to see more integrations with phone systems, but for now it does what it's supposed to do!

Suzanne

ContactMonkey is Great

As a two-time U.S. Supreme Court winner, I have a LOT of "snaky and sneaky" opponents, who will try ANYTHING to deceive me, as well as the Local Courts. ContactMonkey is SO invaluable, and I would NEVER want to go without it. This program goes so far as to tell me how many times the recipients are reading each e-mail. In other words, it shows me how seriously they take my warnings, etc. :-) <3 I love ContactMoney.

Pros

I really like the fact that ContactMonkey enables you to ascertain who receives / reads your e-mails without notifying the recipients, like another e-mail receipt program I can think of.

Cons

ContactMonkey does not work with every single recipient--just the majority of them; i.e., about 98% of them. Once in a "blue moon," I will find a corporate server that appears to be "immune" to the "return receipt" notification. But when companies are that large, it is easy to work around; i.e., sending faxes instead.

Tara

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Contact Monkey works great for me overall

Knowing when people I reach out to see my emails and click my links so I can manage my sales process better.

Pros

I like that CM is right in my Outlook so I can easily see how my sales outreach is working without having to go into a different program. Their search feature is also easy and intuitive, as the entire email address isn't needed in order to search activity.

Cons

I don't really have any issues using Contact Monkey. I just have to be careful to not cut links sent out in one email and paste them into another email I'm sending to someone else as it will skew the open data. Eg: I emailed someone in Utah the same link I previously sent to someone in Hawaii and so it looked like the Utah person opened my email in Hawaii. I setup signature templates with fresh links to prevent that happening in the future.