• Pros

• "because of its accuracy, its handy and gives information as per need. it's user-friendly too. I like this software"

• "I love that I can see when my emails are being viewed. It makes it easy to see how many times and who is viewing."

• "First off, I love how simple this is to use. Then it's great with how useful this is. I use it constantly after sending proposals to prospects"

• Cons

• "So far it has been excellent. The only small thing is that sometimes will have to hit refresh on the sidebar to see my most recent email opens. Not a big deal since I receive desktop notifications."

• "I would like it even better if it gave me more information such as a report on all of the opens and clicks."

• "get stuck in between so have to restart outlook many times. if we can have more information in the graph, it would help a lot."

Browse ContactMonkey Reviews

Nathaniel J. from Thomson Reuters

Does exactly what we need it to at a good price

Helps determine which prospecting emails are more effective than others.

Pros

We use this at my company to assist with email prospecting. The tool is easy to install and does exactly what we need it to--I use it on every email I send. It has helped immensely in determining which prospects emails are effective and which ones aren't, and made my prospecting much more effective. Also helps me determine, when customers are being non-responsive, if they have even seen my message. We use this cross-team as a metric to measure rep email productivity.

Cons

The first time I installed it, Outlook was unbearably slow every time I opened an email. This went away after I rebooted. I don't really have many complaints about the tool.

Glen from Forever Fit, LLC

Easy to install and use

Pros

I tried Hubspot which was difficult to install and use. In fact, it rarely tracked emails well for us. Contact Monkey was very easy to install and use.

Cons

Sometimes the system goes down and it does not track the emails. You have to make sure that you have turned ContactMonkey on when sending an email otherwise, it will not track the email.

Paula from Word Nerd Copy

Very poor customer service and a glitchy product - but great when it works!

ContactMonkey customer support offer a very poor service. I've had to contact them three times over the course of my year long subscription and every time they took a long time to respond. My initial issues were with the sidebar not refreshing and they were unable to advise how to fix this - their advice didn't work. Then I had to contact them when after my year's subscription expired they took payment from my card without an email reminder they were about to do so - and I never even received a receipt via email, so had no idea I had been charged until I checked my bank account. When I emailed them to say I was irritated by this and that they should send reminders/invoices I received a response saying they had cancelled my subscription and refunded me in full. This was NOT what I had asked for and I was even more annoyed as I was left without email tracking for my business and out of pocket while I waited for the refund. During the time spent waiting for the refund I've decided to use another competitor of theirs instead. They really need to improve their response times to support tickets and their customer service and billing.

Pros

Easy to set up and track all your emails - the sidebar stays active and lets you know when they've been read, so you can use it as a "to-do" list to remind you who you need to respond to.

Cons

The sidebar showing when emails have been read often fails to automatically update, so you assume emails haven't been read, when in fact they have. You then need to click the refresh button on the sidebar to manually update.

Reasons for Choosing ContactMonkey

I didn't realise there were affordable alternatives. I've since cancelled ContactMonkey and switched to one of those.

Jonathan from Global Shop Solutions - ERP Software

Easy to use and soooo helpful

Being able to know when priority emails are being open .

Pros

Cons

Only complaint I have is how it tracks opens when sending a single email to multiple contacts. Would like to see exactly who opens when for group emails.

Chuck from Thomson Reuters

I love Contact Monkey. I have been using it for 7 + years. It is amazing and fun at the same time.

Ok - helps me see people opening my emails.

Pros

Basically see when customers are looking at my emails and how often. it is interesting to see emails reopened a year later. Great intel!

Cons

I would like to learn how to run more reports on what emails are working and not. Sometime crashes and have to restart.

Dana from Purnell & Co.

I have difficulty trusting it sometimes

Pros

Its easy. The icons are in the right places and I can navigate the add on with ease. I use it everyday and hope that the updates continue to evolve as Salesforce does.

Cons

Sometimes when you record an email, it does not show up. I have to check each save which takes time.

Paul F from PayLease

Very happy with functions and rely on it everyday

Pros

Number of times emails are opened and when is what I like most and rely on in my daily sales. Sidebar is also goo.

Cons

The results sometimes return in accurate number of views. Need to somehow determine if email has been forwarded then opened.

Isaac from Alpha Omega Publications

A good product - website could provide more avenues for help/tutorial videos, etc.

Email tracking and data analytics for sales

Pros

I like the analytics - being able to search by subject and time frame is a nice feature that helps in following up on sales campaigns

Cons

The tracking isn't the most accurate as it seems to track emails in the preview pane (which you have to do) but in reality, you may get someone just deleting every email above the tracked email. This gives a notice of that email being "opened" each time it moves back into the preview pane. I also feel the "link" tracker is not that great.

Katelyn from Street Diligence, Inc.

Really like for tracking emails.

Tracking emails is great for prospecting.

Pros

Good for tracking my emails, opens, clicks and location it's opened from. I think it does a really good job on this.

Cons

The reporting to excel function doesn't seem to work that great. When I generate a new report and export to excel the results are not what I specified.

Michael from Davis Frame Company

Perfect for sales and marketing

Pros

For my use, it's been the best investment we can think of. Being able to see when people are reviewing your emails is key to determining whether your message is getting across.

Cons

There are times when the times/locations could be a little more accurate. I also wish there was a better way to categorize the emails.

Martin from Thomson Reuters

Email Tracking Excellence

Insights from email opens helps with better follow-up phone calls, allows more meetings to be set and ultimately more sales to be made.

Pros

Understanding email openings increases effectiveness of targeted phone calls. Easy to customize what you want to track and how you want to see reporting metrics. If using this tool can help generate even just 1 additional sale per year it ends up paying for itself many times over so it's a smart investment.

Cons

I've got no major cons to report. I haven't used a bunch of other providers for this type of service so I can't compare it for you. ContactMonkey has worked well enough that I haven't felt the need to look elsewhere.

John from Choice Recovery

Great service - no more 'send & pray'. Now you can tell if your message was received & acted on!

Provides an invaluable source of feedback on if/when (and how many times) your email recipient opened your email. Before Contact Monkey, like driving a submarine, you were completely blind when you sent an email. You hit SEND and hoped for the best. With Contact Monkey, you now have a 'periscope' of sorts that allows you to 'see' when your email was opened and, if you included a hyperlink, acted on. Invaluable from a sales standpoint. Thanks for illuminating what has, historically, been a dark and often times frustrating communication medium!

Pros

Can provide immediate feedback on email messages sent. Easy integration with Outlook. In 2+ years, very few issues with service. Customer service easy to work with and very responsive.

Cons

I've become addicted to the Contact Monkey sidebar in Outlook. Doesn't have an OSX version for Mac. Message tracking can be blocked by receiver's firewall.

Alison from Monumetric

I love ContactMonkey!

Increased visibility, ability to connect easier with others via email and phones, better understanding of click rates and opening times.

Pros

I was a bit hesitant that ContactMonkey would help me in my day to day job, but I tried the 30 day trial and was hooked. It gives great visibility and has allowed me to connect with many more prospects than I otherwise could have. Great software, and for a great price!

Cons

Sometimes I wish this gave me a little more visibility. I have submitted a request for the report and had to wait over an hour one time. If I could have direct control on building out reports, that would be a big help. I also would like to see more integrations with phone systems, but for now it does what it's supposed to do!

Suzanne from Todahl Design & Printing

ContactMonkey is Great

As a two-time U.S. Supreme Court winner, I have a LOT of "snaky and sneaky" opponents, who will try ANYTHING to deceive me, as well as the Local Courts. ContactMonkey is SO invaluable, and I would NEVER want to go without it. This program goes so far as to tell me how many times the recipients are reading each e-mail. In other words, it shows me how seriously they take my warnings, etc. :-) <3 I love ContactMoney.

Pros

I really like the fact that ContactMonkey enables you to ascertain who receives / reads your e-mails without notifying the recipients, like another e-mail receipt program I can think of.

Cons

ContactMonkey does not work with every single recipient--just the majority of them; i.e., about 98% of them. Once in a "blue moon," I will find a corporate server that appears to be "immune" to the "return receipt" notification. But when companies are that large, it is easy to work around; i.e., sending faxes instead.

Tara from VEBO

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Contact Monkey works great for me overall

Knowing when people I reach out to see my emails and click my links so I can manage my sales process better.

Pros

I like that CM is right in my Outlook so I can easily see how my sales outreach is working without having to go into a different program. Their search feature is also easy and intuitive, as the entire email address isn't needed in order to search activity.

Cons

I don't really have any issues using Contact Monkey. I just have to be careful to not cut links sent out in one email and paste them into another email I'm sending to someone else as it will skew the open data. Eg: I emailed someone in Utah the same link I previously sent to someone in Hawaii and so it looked like the Utah person opened my email in Hawaii. I setup signature templates with fresh links to prevent that happening in the future.

Michael from Asher College

Excellent for CRM!

Email effectiveness and follow up with clients.

Pros

CM is easy to work with and seamlessly integrates with MS Outlook. It give me instant notification to clients opening emails and reports of activity.

Cons

While easy to install, the product is sometimes difficult to update. I've found that it tends to be a little confusing. In the several years I've used the product, the few times I've had to update have been "challenging" and have had to ask for assistance.

Adam from Proofpoint

Great product, great support, well worth the money

Greater insight into opens and clicks on emails campaigns.

Pros

I've started and stopped Contact Monkey twice now. The software is great, big help from customer support when needed, and it gave me great insight into my sales prospecting.

Cons

The reporting. I didn't like that I had to wait for a report to be send in an email. Sometimes it seemed like Contact Monkey showed a false positive of an open that could not have been real. For example, it said the email was opened in Chiang Mai, Thailand multiple times on multiple contacts.

useful information in a timely fashion

On numerous occassions, I've confronted individuals using contactmonkey's data in order for them to revise untrue statements.

Pros

Contactmoney provides useful information relating to my business that makes my life easier. I'm not sales oriented but I enjoy having access to the data relating to access.

Cons

I'm unclear how to transfer it from computer to computer.

Liz from The Wyman Group

Great product for those who need to monitor email interaction

Pros

I appreciate the service I have received with this company. I had done quite a bit of online research and found ContactMonkey to be highly regarded for product quality as well as service. That has been the experience I have had since signing up. Whenever I have had questions about setup, usage, and billing, I have found the customer service to be prompt, detailed, and accurate. The product itself has worked as described and how I needed it. I have already recommended this to other peers.

Cons

The only issue I have had is trying to sort the details of the contacts. Recently, my client had an event and I sent out emails along with phone calls to notify them of the event. I wanted to follow-up contact with those that had opened the links or viewed it a certain number of times. There is no data sort that I could find which meant having to scroll and search. As I charge my client hourly rates, I would rather spend time with the phone calls and emails than sorting the data.

Jonathan from Upland Software Inc.

Can't live without the Monkey.

See when someone is interacting with my email and the ability to be proactive about it.

Pros

Email tracking is what the Monkey does. I love how it tracks forwards as you can easily tell when what you sent is being socialized.

Cons

May not always capture opens. sometimes someone will reply to an email but they never appeared in the dashboard.

Tanya from Whittier College

Wonderful and useful tool to have

Tracking who has opened their email

Pros

Easily tracks who has opened their email and who has not opened their email. The program works well for us.

Cons

Sometimes Contact Monkey goes down and can be down for a few hours to a few days. But Customer service is always available to let us know what is happening

Jonas from Thomson Reuters

I use this every day to keep track of customer emails and if my orders are being reviewed.

Track customers responses

Pros

No guessing if someone got my email. It let's me track someone's responsiveness in real time and schedule my follow ups accordingly. I

Cons

Some emails can't be followed due to firewalls or other protocols on the customer side but that isn't an issue with Contact Monkey.

chirag from NetVision Resources Inc.

excellent

who has reviewed and if they are lying to telling the truth.

Scarlett from TabFord

I tried multiple email tracking software over last few months, but this trumps them all.

I was able to track my email reads and do better follow ups with my clients as per their time zone. I would go on to say that I was able to get deals done at least 30% faster than normal, thereby resulting in better cash flows to my small business.

Pros

Mail Merge is seamlessly easy. You could upload a CSV or simply type email addresses in subject line. Easily connects to Salesforce. You can track link clicks. Notifications are un-obstrusive. You can even schedule mails to be sent later. So, no worries about your overseas contact receiving email at 3 am in the night. Best of all, tracking is very accurate, unlike competitive products which have a lot of fake positives. I highly recommend this product.

Cons

Nothing really. They seem to have got everything just right. It could be a little more affordable though. But then, as another reviewer said, even if you get one additional sale in a year by using this product, you are in green.

Debbie from Alpha Omega Publications

Love Contact Monkey. I use it everyday. I am a sales rep so I live in email.

Knowing who opens by emails and who doesn't and what are some good subjects to use.

Pros

I like that I can see who has opened my emails and when and who has not. I also like to see what my best performing subjects of all time are. This really helps me to use the subject lines that are being opened the most and to stop using subject lines that are not being opened as much.

Cons

There is really nothing I do not like but I rarely look at the email devices used of all time. I really do not care what device they are opening my emails on. I just want them to open them.

Kelly from RentTrack

great feature and support

increase sales

Pros

helps me track potential clients interest level when looking at how many people have veiwed email and how many times

Cons

Can't track email opens without images in email so it shows as if no one has viewed it when they really have

Phil from Citrix

Contact Monkey

great tool. VERY useful to track emails, who, how many opens, locations of opens.

Pros

Sidebar Analytics notifications opes with IP addresses color coded

Cons

for the past 2 years their domain expired and the service was down for days

Overall a pleasant experience other than having to re-boot outlook a couple of times on outlook.

Pros

The ability to track if your emails are being read so it allows for my time to be used efficiently and seek out an alternative email if I did not have the correct email initially.

Cons

Sometimes I have to re-boot outlook because contact monkey does not load properly. Minor inconvenience, but when it happens multiple times it makes my use of time less efficient.

For the price paid. it is easy to use.

Pros

very easy to use. It gives you the time and the location when the email was opened. When i see the timed open, I call the person immediately because i know the information i sent is fresh in their minds.

Cons

It does not track all emails open. If I opened a sent email the tracker at times register it as an open item by the addressee.

Andrea from Auto Trader Classic

love the ease of how the system works.

Tracking and re-opens of emails.

Pros

Cons

there have been a few issues this past year where contact monkey was not working. After having the ability to see emails that were opened it was difficult to work without!

alex from Relias

excellent

Pros

I can check when prospects open my emails. As well with my old prospects that i have been in contact, i am able to reconnect once they re-open my emails.

Cons

sometimes it logs me out and i have to sign back in. I do wish that it showed me where exactly they open it, not there servers are at.

Ken from Relias Learning

ContactMonkey makes my job easier and it has greatly contributed to my success.

I get the benefit of knowing that my emails are being opened and links are being clicked on.

Pros

Tracking my opens and clicks is the most obvious feature that I like. It is very user friendly also.

Jeff from EDSG

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Tried them all and ContactMonkey is my favorite

I was very interested in the email tracking function more than anything else. I need to know that a client, candidate, or potential client has opened my email. Seeing that they clicked a link is hugely beneficial.

Pros

Love the way it integrates with Outlook. Has sidebar notifications that show sent emails, none of my other trials showed this. Also has desktop notifications. Very detailed and useful tracking reports.

Tyler from Relias

Great use for sales

Pros

Being able to track when, where, and how often someone opens an email is incredibly beneficial in sales

Cons

Does not track html and logs out semi frequently. This can be annoying after awhile when I have to re log in or restart the application multiple times a week

MITCH from Global Shop Solutions

Great sales tool. I use this every day to see who I am getting through to.

Pros

Great tool to use in conjunction with phone calls and emails to hone in on the prospects you are getting through to.

Cons

If you track the links, the hyperlink is way too many characters. If the recipient were to hover over the link, it would look like spam.

Benjamin from Energy Acuity

Great platform that simplifies and streamlines my daily workflow!

Pros

Contact Monkey is an extremely simple platform that works for the most part in the background of my daily operations. That being said, don't confuse simplicity with lack of value as it is crucial to saving me hours by tracking and logging emails.

Cons

Contact Monkey sometimes will seem to need some extra clicks to get an email to log thru the sidebar on Outlook.

It is very useful for me as a salesman to track emails

I track emails that I send out to prospects and it's very helpful.

Pros

The extent to which you can track an email (locations of opens and forwards etc). The dashboard feature is also something that I use frequently.

Cons

Sometimes certain emails are not tracked and sometimes if I do a mass mail merge from Word, there are issues with tracking it

Adam from Relias

Easy to see whether emails have been opened and links clicked

Pros

It is easily accessible and viewable in Outlook. There are no additional steps for me to view and manage emails. Also, syncing with Salesforce is convenient.

Cons

The installation for outlook was extremely cumbersome and difficult, making it something that could be difficult for people who don't have an IT help desk.

Sue from Smartlite USA

It is a great concept that contact monkey has developed

Pros

You know when someone opens your e-mail , how many times , and if they are on mobile or in the office. That is great way to know if should make a call if need to speak to your contact.

Cons

No cons yet. NONE ,None , none, none ,none , this should not be a character min. of 100. Change this question.

Stephen from Level 3 Communications

Awesome product but lacking a few key qualities

lots

Pros

It just works, and the cost is the cheapest of the major competitors. The read receipts are easy as they show up as a add in via outlook.

Cons

Lacking the following features; -Threat Muting -Single IP/Source View Capture -The URL of the pixel sometimes shows up in the preview pane

Great sales resource

knowledge about my outbound emails & confirmation of viewing activity

Pros

You are able to view the dashboard to know when your emails were opened and how many times. Sometimes knowing if and when they were viewed can mean a world of difference.

Cons

The location of where emails were opened is rarely accurate based on where the physical location of the recipients are. This may not be Contact Monkey's fault and may be limited to the ISP information they receive. Nonetheless it is a problem.

Marc from Rong Viet Securities

I've used the software for more than a year but I haven't been able to monetize it.

Pros

There are many other software that do the same thing. There's nothing special about ContactMonkey. Probably the thing I like most is the price. However, I haven't compared other offers for a long time.

Cons

The information analysis very poor. To try to extract a better analysis I usually need to download the full report into Excel and play around with that file. I think that there should be more screening capabilities. There are two types of people who read our emails; 1) the ones who usually read them, and 2) the ones who never read them. I think there should be some sort of alert when something unual happens, ie someone who hasn't open/read an email in a long time does so today.

Does the job

Pros

Real-time updates for everything is extremely helpful. Can sort by type as well. Wish it would also work with web outlook.

Cons

Very glitchy and constantly have to toggle back and forth and re-open the statistics. Sometimes won't load and have to reboot Outlook.

Laura from CaptureRx

I love using Contact Monkey it is easy to link and track emails

Pros

I like that you can track emails and see the stats on a weekly daily basis. It is easy to use and our whole team likes it!

Cons

nothing I can think of at the moment. I think that it is good the way it is now. I use it daily and have no complaints

Email tracking tool that offers decent value for money

Gave me an idea of if my email was received and showed me analytics.

Pros

Able to see when people opened. Gives good dashboard metrics. Mail Merge good feature to send out emails.

Cons

the integration with Salesforce seems to be buggy. the open's have to be incorrect, as sometimes I have someone open my email 40+ times. Mail merge has to be pulled in with .CSV file, unable to link to Salesforce reports. I think for what else is out there, you can find a better tool for the price. One that I am experimenting with right now is Yesware. Seems like there is much more functionality and a great salesforce integration, and for a cheaper price I believe.

Angela from Pitt Meadows Golf Club

Very useful

Pros

Very helpful to keep track of open and unopened emails. Definitely helpful when it comes to accounts receivable.

Cons

doesn't track forwarded emails and is hard to track group emails as far as when and if they were opened.

Amanda from Blue Sky eLearn

I started using a few months back. It's great for monitoring email opens & attachments.

Mainly email analytics. In sales knowing if people are really taking in the info/resources you're sharing is a huge deal.

Pros

That I can go and look to see if people are interacting with the messaging that I'm sending. I like the plugin with Outlook as well. My accounts info is right at my fingertips.

Cons

I really wish there was a way to get a report emailed to me daily about my open rates and clicks. This would be so very helpful. I will say that if you have Sales Force, you'll probably really only use this for email analytics. SF has everything account related handled in the Outlook add-in.

Cydney from MAM-A Inc.

Ease to use just a lot of downtime where the program is working

When working the software does exactly what you expect - show who received your emails and who opened.

Pros

I like that I am able to track and see that my emails have been received, also that they have been read and it is nice to see when they are opened and from what location.

Cons

There seems to be, at least on my desktop, a lot of times where the program is not responding and emails are not being tracked. I have had to reinstall the product several times.

Michael from GSS

Good

Pros

Analytics information, visibility into when emails are opened, links are clicked. It helps to have a receptivity measure on email campaigns or to individuals.

Cons

The thing I like least about the software is a pretty simple fix: automatically email receipts of the contact monkey subscription renewal so that it is available for my records immediately instead of having to request a receipt from customer service.

Darren from Investor

It previously worked much better.

Pros

Basic tracking service. I could probably find the same from a free service.

Cons

I used to be able to click on the e-mail subject line in the sidebar and open that specific e-mail. I am no longer able to do this. Now I have no idea which e-mail that specific person is looking at. I e-mailed your support team and they told me it was something to do with POP/IMAP. even though I haven't changed my e-mail format. Just fobbing me off rather than finding a solution. We will be looking for another e-mail tracking provider when ousubscription expires.