• Pros

• "Great deliverability, great customer service, has all the features I want."

• "Their system is very easy to use and didn't required training for me to learn how to use it. "

• "I love how intuitive and easy to use ConvertKit is. There is almost no learning curve, it's very easy to understand. I was able to create an email course in half the time it took on another service. "

• Cons

• "The automation rules section is a bit clunky, but there have been steady improvements."

• "Even though it is very feature rich, I do find the basic plan to still be somewhat too expensive. Maybe if I had a larger list I could better justify the price. "

• "I've found little to criticise before beyond the fact the on-boarding was quite hands-off. Support is very good quality but the responses could, I suppose, be a little quicker. "

Browse ConvertKit Reviews

Amber Rose from Climb Out of The Cubicle

Best Email Marketing Software

ConvertKit has been the best email marketing software I've used. Even though there are free products, start with ConvertKit. You'll make the switch eventually so just start here.

Pros

My favorite feature of ConvertKit is how thorough everything is. For example, there are multiple ways to accomplish your goal, which means you can chose a method that works for you and be successful. The metrics feature is amazing - you always know if your emails were received well from your subscribers. I love the ability to have a series, to test your headlines, and to understand the analytics. The BEST feature is the tagging feature. You can have multiple businesses, lists, and passions but still use ONE product. Just use the tagging feature to give your subscribers identifying tags and you can send them curated emails based on what you know about them. I have used Aweber and Mailchimp - ConvertKit is best.

Cons

Sometimes the software can have a learning curve. There are robust features (which make the price VERY worth it), but knowing how to use everything can be challenging . There is a lot to remember. Yes, they have templates and guides and support, but it's still a bit to learn.

Reasons for Switching to ConvertKit

I switched to ConvertKit for the tagging feature. That was the selling point.

Great email marketing platform if you are NOT a beginner.

I'm not an email marketing beginner, but I tried ConvertKit and I didn't stay with them. I found their platform to be overwhelming, clunky, and I did not like the way the emails to my subscribers looked. The emails are quite plain. As an online business coach for women with service-based businesses, I dont' want to be tinkering around for a long time trying to figure out how to use an email marketing platform i'm paying for and I also want my emails to stand out. ConvertKit doesn't do either of those things for me.

Pros

This is by far the best platform for organizing how you want your email series to be sent out as well as for tagging subscribers according to how they respond to your emails (like if they click on a button in your email to learn more, sign up for something, buy something, etc.). If you know what you're doing, this is an intuitive platform that allows you to keep track of what your subscribers are doing and then target them with the appropriate marketing.

Cons

I feel like ConvertKit isn't beginner friendly because when you first sign onto there the interface is too overwhelming. The positive is that they give you a lot of options as to what you can do in email marketing and then the negative is that they give you too much options so then, like I said, it just looks overwhelming as a platform to work with. They do have tutorials though as well as a trial so you can get to know the platform before you jump into the monthly fee that starts at $29.

Reasons for Switching to ConvertKit

I was trying out different email marketing platforms to decide which one would be best for my business coaching.

Tom from Escapology BJJ

Convertkit is awesome.

I am a huge fan of Convertkit. I think it is the best email marketing tool currently available.

Pros

It’s incredibly simple to use yet has some super powerful features.

Cons

Honestly, I haven’t found anything I don’t like about Convertkit. My only slight issue is integrating it with Membermouse.

Reasons for Choosing ConvertKit

Cost, functionality and ease of use.

Reasons for Switching to ConvertKit

Convertkit was far simpler to use but had all the functionality I needed.

Amy from Pretty Purple Door

Lots of quirks, customer service is awful

Overall, it's an ok tool. A lot of the glitches have cost me money (i.e. sending coupons to my list and excluding purchasers... only to find out prior purchasers still received the email). I've had requests for "discounts" from people who have received these emails after purchasing a product at full price. They are not happy. When people get stuck in sequences they go "cold"... then I end up sending a reengagement sequence before removing from my list and these people get very mad too... they have been expecting to hear from me and think that I don't send to my list regularly. Overall I really feel like just a number to ConvertKit. They don't care about my business and charge a FORTUNE. I think this product has hurt my business, cost me money and soured my reputation. In my opinion if they are charging such a premium price it really should be top notch and this really falls short in a lot of ways. I really wish I thought long and hard before signing up with them as it's going to be a NIGHTMARE to switch. I feel really "stuck" with using them and it's such a nightmare to manage at this point.

Pros

I like the features this has - the visual automations are great. It gives you the ability to customize how your subscribers will go through your funnel. The forms are easy to create relatively easy to set up.

Cons

The system is really quirky. I often times get people "stuck" in my funnel where they opt out of a sequence and then are just sitting in an automation. It gets really frustrating trying to troubleshoot all of the scenarios and errors that can happen. Overly complex to deal with. I've noticed that certain things that should just work need special attention... like moving to the next part of an automation sequence when leaving another. Or "rules" you don't remember making end up messing up other tags or segments. There's literally no way to troubleshoot this stuff on your own the information is just not available so you'd have to go through every individual subscriber to see how they got stuck or got sent an email they shouldn't. If you're looking for support... GOOD LUCK. This is the worst support I've had. They have a chat and you get switched from person to person over the course of multiple days. They sometimes send an email with the support details, and if you reply to that apparently the chat people don't receive it. I've repeated myself over the course of 5 days now and still can't get anyone to understand the issue.... let alone apologize for a mistake that looks like a glitch in their system. I've asked for a manager and the people on the chat just ignore that. There's no phone number to call. It's like talking to a brick wall. I also don't like that there's very little you can do to customize emails. You really can't design them in any way.

Reasons for Choosing ConvertKit

I heard ConvertKit was great but it was probably by people who are affiliates and trying to earn commissions from the sale. I should have done more research to understand the complexity and limitations.

Michelle from Michelle Grasek Digital

Best email marketing platform I've found for marketing my online courses

Great experience overall. My sales are better because I can be super specific with who I'm emailing, based on their interests (links they've clicked, courses they're already enrolled in, etc.). I love that I can market specifically instead of blasting every sales email to every subscriber blindly. And I know my subscribers appreciate this, too.

Pros

I love that ConvertKit has so many capabilities. There are a million different ways you can tag or segment your audience, and it integrates with the other platform I use for selling my online courses, Thinkific. I really love that together with Thinkific, it knows which email subscribers have purchased what, and their interest (all based on tags I set up). I also love the step-by-step instructions that ConvertKit provides for setting up these processes.

Cons

There's a tiny learning curve when you first get into it. There are a LOT of features and capabilities, but once you get the hang of the basics you'll realize how much you can do with ConvertKit. Plus, there are great step-by-step tutorials offered by ConvertKit. And their Help Desk is actually helpful!

Reasons for Choosing ConvertKit

ConvertKit is not cheap, but it's well worth the investment, and for everything it is able to do, it's a way better price than the other email marketing platforms I looked at.

Reasons for Switching to ConvertKit

ConvertKit has many more features / more capabilities than Mad Mimi. Mad Mimi is a great platform for what it does - but it's pretty basic. I wanted something where I could get specific and nitty-gritty with my sales funnels.

Jared from Magnetic Seal Corp (MAGSEAL)

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Straightforward Email Automations and Sequences

I am currently trying ConvertKit to see if I want to purchase it for my business. As of this moment, I like it and plan on purchasing it. You have to put in a lot of time upfront creating your email content, but once that's done, ConvertKit runs automatically. I like that a lot!

Pros

ConvertKit has a straightforward and easy-to-use interface for setting up email campaigns. Setting up an automated sequence is as easy as writing each email and dragging them into the order you want them sent. They also make it easy to assign tags to subscribers and segment your lists.

Cons

Convert kit doesn't have as many design tools as some of the other email services. This includes email designs and opt-in form designs. However, there are other 3rd party opt-in programs that integrate easily with ConvertKit. My biggest pet peeve is the fact that there's no "undo" button in the email editor (at least I couldn't find one). I have made several mistakes that a simple undo button would have saved me from undoing.

Reasons for Switching to ConvertKit

I like the simplicity of ConvertKit better. Plus, it's actually cheaper in the long run once you have more subscribers and send more emails than Mailchimp.

Ben from HomeWorkingClub.com

Industry: Information Services

A real step up from our last email marketing solution

I was previously using Aweber and needed to switch after an as-yet-unexplained technical glitch did realy damage to a product launch. The move to ConvertKit was smooth and I wish I'd done it years ago - the cost is slightly lower too for my 10,000 subscribers.

Pros

ConvertKit is very intuitive to use and hides a lot of functionality behind a straightforward user interface. Tutorial videos for each area of the software help considerably with the learning curve. The feature-set it really well-thought-out and allows you to be really creative with your email marketing. I particularly like the easy way to send a broadcast email a second time to those who didn't open it the first - it really adds to the value of each email.

Reasons for Switching to ConvertKit

I'd been perfectly happy with Aweber, but then I did an email product launch and all of the emails went out out of sequence. Aweber were hugely apologetic but then failed to come back to me with any response as to why it happened, despite ensuring me developers were working on the problem.

Megan from Vibe n Thrive

The only email marketing software I’ll use

Convertkit is in my opinion the best email marketing software. It is pricey but with everything that Convertkit offers, it’s worth it. If you have some coding experience you can overcome the limited email sign up boxes customization by adding some code. But for an amateur you’re pretty much stuck with very limited design options for your email sign up boxes on your website.

Pros

Convertkit makes it really easy to collect and tag/keep track of subscribers and set up automated emails. The layout is clean, simple, and user friendly. Customer service is also amazing! They reply super fast and are eager to please.

Cons

Convertkit offers several different designs for the email sign up boxes but I wish they were more customizable. You can pretty much only change the font size, background color, picture, and bold or italicize the font. That was definitely a disappointment.

Reasons for Switching to ConvertKit

Convertkit is much easier to use and you can use affiliate marketing in emails whereas in Mailchimp you cannot.

Josey from Sixpence Events & Planning

Great way to automate

Pros

Convert kit is a great next step for those looking to take email marketing serious. It is easy to step up and manage and offers excellent education and help center tips.

Cons

While it is an upgrade it isn’t as advance as other more robust email marketing systems. Think of it as the middle step.

Reasons for Choosing ConvertKit

Suggested by my client management software.

Reasons for Switching to ConvertKit

Needed to automate better and wanted something that was much better designed

Great CRM for Creatives

Once I learned the software, ConvertKit became a pleasure to use. The feedback we got from our subscribers was fantastic. A noticeable difference.

Pros

-Easy to switch from an older CRM -Geared toward creatives, with a focus on the design of email messages.

Cons

-Learning curve slightly steep -Not particularly clear how to set up workflow without a lot of tutorials.

Reasons for Switching to ConvertKit

The creative aspect matched with the function of the studio.

Marie from Dangerously Good Stories

Industry: Writing and Editing

I have two ConvertKit accounts, because they work so well!

Most likely, I'll stick with ConvertKit for the long haul. They've got enough features to cover my basic needs - considering it's only myself and maybe a VA here and there, even if I had more bells and whistles, it's likely I wouldn't have the bandwidth to take advantage of them. So, ConvertKit has fit my needs perfectly and their customer service is exceptional!

Pros

I migrated to ConvertKit in 2016 and have never had a problem with their service being down. I love how reliable they are! Once you get the lay of the land, ConvertKit is real easy to use too. Their software is straight forward and can do a ton for the low-cost compared to Ontraport and Infusionsoft.

Cons

A lot of my friends have been moving to Active Campaign, because they say AC has more analytic features than CK. I'm not sure what I'm missing, but I do wish I could have better data from CK on best days and time of day my emails are being received. I wish I could see which email subject lines are working best for me. I wish I could have an overview calendar of what was previously sent rather than having to thumb back page after page. I wish that ConvertKit's email templates were easier to use -- I don't know coding and had a designer help me out.

Reasons for Choosing ConvertKit

The price to get started with Infusionsoft was ridiculous.

Reasons for Switching to ConvertKit

The tagging and automation features that ConvertKit has compared to what Mailchimp had (back in 2016 anyway) was a must-have.

Use it pretty much everyday

Pros

I've tried pretty much every email marketing platform under the sun and for me Convertkit is leagues above the rest, mostly in useability. I'm after software that's simple (most providers make you go through 100 unnecessary steps to send a simple broadcast or set up an automation) but also powerful. Simply because of ease of use and everything just works, it's the best option. Other platforms promise a frustrating future.

Cons

It is fairly expensive, though they've gotten a free tier now which is great. I wish they had better reporting that wasn't exclusive to the pro option. And their customer support... it used to be good but over the past year or so it's really fallen in the hole. They take ages (as in days per response that may or may not have solved the problem) to get back to you, and instead of getting back to you they have a whole 'triage team' who come back after a few days to say they've recieved it and someone will take care of it. It's really stupid. That could be taken care of by a bot, and they should have hired more support instead of more middle management. It's just weird. Hopefully it's just a phase and they return to what it was.

Gina from Limit Breaker

Smarter email marketing

ConvertKit has been a great tool for my business over the years and I'll continue to use it moving forward. They update and adapt regularly so it's an email marketing service that's worth your time if you're thinking of investing or upgrading.

Pros

I've been using ConvertKit for a long time and in that time I've used it to get a little smarter when growing my email list. It's one thing to send weekly emails to your growing list, but it's another to segment specific users, tag them and put them into different categories so you can send them personalised emails. ConvertKit allows you to do all of this in a very user-friendly way. One of the key factors in sticking with ConvertKit for so long, was that it has automation at the heart. As online business owners, we don't always have the time to analyse data and manually sort subscribers so we can make more informed decisions. ConvertKit gives you the freedom to set up your own automations with a lot of flexibility, all so you can spend less time on marketing and more time in your business.

Cons

ConvertKit allows you to tag people who purchase products through their various integrations but it's a bit lacking in terms of data on this. You can see the products they've purchased, but you can't see where they came from. Which means it's much harder to see a holistic view of your marketing strategy with ConvertKit at the heart.

Reasons for Switching to ConvertKit

I wanted something that could deliver on automations and I believed MailChimp was severely lacking in this area at the time.

Great Option for the Solopreneur

I use this service for a relatively small email list I just started, and it works really well for the price. I use the optin forms and email sequences to gain more email subscribers on a regular basis. I also love that I can create really simple and easy to design automation flows between opt-ins and my general email newsletter. This is something I use on a daily basis.

Pros

I recently switched over to ConvertKit from another service after reading positive reviews. I like their format for sending emails to subscribers so much more than any other platform I've used. The emails are really modern looking and simple, so they're appealing to my audience when I send them. I also like that I can simply reuse my last email and make changes to just the content. It makes sending a weekly email really simple. Another huge benefit to me is that I can segment my subscribers into different groups that allows me to send targeted emails in a more efficient fashion. I also track users who have purchased a product so I don't send them emails about the product they've bought. This software is an all in one, which I really like. Meaning, I am able to create an optin form, email sequence and product download all in one with this software. I love that it keeps everything really organized in this fashion.

Cons

Some of the ways to organize subscribers are a little confusing to a newbie. You can sort them into segments as well as mark users with tags. I wish it were more clear what each one did at first glance. I also wish there were more options to design the optin forms. They are pretty basic and there isn't a lot of room for creativity, but they are still functional.

Mia from Mia Danielle

Industry: Online Media

Convertkit is my email service provider. Here's why...

Pros

Like most brand new online entrepreneurs I started off with Mailchimp which is free. As I grew my list and my marketing techniques I needed something more robust with more options to segment out my list (not really done with the free platforms). I now have so many sequences and segments that are completely automated and my list has been actively growing. ConvertKit is "customer-based" instead of "list-based" meaning that I can send emails out to specific people who have taken specific actions rather than emailing an entire list of people reglardless of their actions and losing subscribers by sending irrelevant emails to the wrong people. Each subscriber is tagged based on a link they clicked, a form they subscribed through (freebie), a purchase they made from me, and SO much more. I even have tags set up when I'm running a webinar to see who watched the whole thing, who didn't show up at all, and who watched the replay. There are just so many options.

Cons

This is not an intuitive software initially- especially if you're coming from a list-based provider like Mailchimp. There will be mistakes and there will be a learning curve. But that comes along with running a business. Luckily, the chat and email customer service is generally pretty active and helpful. I've used them a lot.

Powerful email marketing

Overall, ConvertKit is a great option for bloggers or small business owners who want to make the most of their email marketing efforts. I've used several providers over the years and ConvertKit is currently my top choice.

Pros

The automation features that involve tagging subscribers and setting up sequences allow for a lot of potential. There are many ways to deliver highly-targeted emails to your subscribers with ConvertKit.

Cons

The starting price of $29 per month is higher than most competitors. As your email list gets bigger and you move into higher-priced plans, ConvertKit's pricing is more on par with competitors, but the starting price is definitely high compared to some of the other options.

Reasons for Choosing ConvertKit

ConvertKit offered all of the features that I want and seemed like it would be easy enough to set up.

Reasons for Switching to ConvertKit

ConverKit offered more features for segmenting and automation.

Megan from Megan Horn Digital

Simple Email System

I use it to manage my 3 different segments and all the lead collection and workflows within those. My list is still pretty small (~1,000) and I'll likely outgrow ConvertKit, but it's been great starting out.

Pros

I like that the sequences are easy to set up and automate. I like the simple rules I can create to trigger automations. The visual workflows could use some improvement, but they're a good start.

Cons

The email builder, even the new one, is adequate but not great. I find it a bit clunky, but it does what needs done.

Cost, simplicity of use

Wanted more automation

Stephanie from Independent Consultant & Coach

Life Saver

Due to the ease of ConvertKit I email way more. I am not getting fancy yet with sequences, but in a matter of using it only for 2 weeks, the way the software is set up, I am begging to formulate big picture sequences, strategize campaigns and IN TRUTH, I was never able to look at my health coaching service and online webinars like this because my background is education. As a educator we don't think like this because our students just come to us, the stress of "getting clients" was so large and overwhelming until I found something like convert kit to make me BE more present and visible online. I AM SO GRATEFUL!

Pros

As a person with little to no tech background, truth, I was quite intimidated by this software. HOWEVER, what I love about it, is its dedication to quick videos that give you instant feedback and education to navigate and understand what you are doing. There are tutorials everywhere, in truth you never feel lost or alone or not supported. It is more about (as a new entrepreneur) it is more abut catching up with the scope of what you want to do with it. I initially used it to organize and gather emails and do live broadcast, but together with Leadpages these two have been my go to towards launching my first webinar only using emails in my direct network and slotting 8 out of 10 seats for my webinar. I really was lost in terms of how to manage all these emails and in truth they manage themselves. I What I love the most is how it auto tags/sorts the emails so I can see who responds to what funnel and make me a better and more strategic entrepreneur.

Cons

Nothing yet, I am more impatient with myself because I wish I could understand its full scope fast.

Brian from Peachmorph

ConvertKit had helped me greatly to streamline and simplify my email marketing processes.

Time saver and great use of use.

Pros

Ease of use and easy UI/UX experience in using the software. The user interfaces are way better than other email marketing software on the market. It has enough basic features and a few powerful features such as tagging certain opt-in groups of users for niche marketing purposes, which I find it very useful. There are less clutter when it comes to feature layout on the interfaces, so one can focus better on using key or common key features. A nifty feature which I liked most is the Visual Automations, that Convertkit had come up with. It's a graphical way to set automation. It uses three types of items: Actions, Events, and Conditions. It's all visual and one can easily define these items. Moreover, ConvertKit has just introduced new features into its software such as enabling one to create custom consent checkboxes, find your EU subscribers and get consent from existing subscribers. Also, four new legal forms and support processes were introduced as tools to help one get one's own business compliant with GDPR.

Cons

Personally, I would like more visual stuff or graphical interfaces that I can interact with such as drag and drop functions. At this point of this review, ConvertKit had plans to revamp the software to become more powerful and there is a new branding makeover for ConvertKit. For the monthly price for the 1st 1000 subscribers for new customers, I do find the price is expensive. But one has the option to go for yearly subscription in order to get bulk discounts in the long run. Thus, one has to consider different pricing options that ConvertKit offers before committing to a paid account. One can try out a free one month trial via its free webinars though.

Jacob from Boring Old Business Co

Convertkit is a solid email marketing platform

My overall experience with convertkit has been positive. I use it everyday so I'm very familiar with it and it gets the job done.

Pros

My favorite thing about convertkit are the easy to setup email automations. The visual builder makes it intuitive and clean.

Cons

My least favorite part of convertkit are the email sequences. When you create long email sequences you have to continually scroll up and down. This should be fixed.

ConvertKit = Powerful Features I Need + Simplicity I Love.

Pros

Many bloggers are overwhelmed by the technical aspects of setting up a successful email newsletter strategy. Yup, there are a variety of email platforms out there and I have managed large lists on many of them. For my Email on Autopilot system, I strongly recommend ConvertKit. I can tell you from a lot of firsthand experience that “putting your email on autopilot” is WAY easier with ConvertKit than anything else I’ve tried. ConvertKit was specifically built with bloggers and small businesses in mind, unlike other platforms that either don’t have the right tools or complicate things waaaayyy too much. I recommend ConvertKit because it has the perfect combination of the powerful features that I need and the simplicity-of-use that I love.

Cons

I wish I had a little more flexibility in creating RSS-driven emails.

Brandon from Marketing With Brandon

E-mail Marketing Made Simple

Pros

ConvertKit helps focus on conversions -- it's right there in the name. But I love how simply everything is laid out. How easy it is to set up complex, multi-step automations, and the hordes of integrations it carries. Works with everything in my Tech Stack, and that's saying a lot.

Cons

Honestly, I can't think of anything. I love using ConvertKit.

Kate from Vogue Media

Best Email Marketing Automation for Small Business

I've saved a lot of time just in making any edits to my nurturing sequences because it's easier to find them.

Pros

You can view your automations visually, so this functionality makes it much easier than competitors such as MailChimp because you can easily set up, view, and come back to your automations.

Cons

The 'done for you' merge from your old email marketing system to your new one isn't as easy as they make it seem. I've been working with email automation tools for years, and I was tripped up because the import take different lists and combines them into one. It's much easier to export your lists and tags, and upload each separately.

I did a free trial and I liked ConvertKit best

Reasons for Switching to ConvertKit

MailChimp is trying to be too many thing to too many people now. I used it for a long time, but I needed a tool that was focused on exactly what I needed, and that was email automation. I already have a sales page builder, website, hosting, etc. MailChimp seemed like it was trying to do too many things, and what I really needed, was streamlined email automation.

Great option for growing companies

Pros

I like the flexibility and everything you can do with tagging and creating funnels. It is very affordable for growing businesses that are looking to scale.

Cons

It was complicated to set up on my own. I had to hire someone to help me. There are areas that don't autosave and I have lost content as a result.

Eddy from WorkAtHomeNoScams.com

Better Aweber Alternative

Overall, I have been very happy with Convertkit. I find that they have great deliverability and they are a lot more reasonable in terms of spam complaints.

Pros

The pricing of this email marketing service is a big reason I switched over. I used aweber before and they would charge you additional if you have the same person on two lists. Whereas ConvertKit would only count that same person on two list as one. This saved me tons of money that I was being over charged with aweber.

Cons

I wish some of the automation was a little more robust and easier to use.

Reasons for Switching to ConvertKit

Aweber's pricing was too expensive and their deliverability wasn't as good.

Alexa from freelance

My go-to for email list management and content marketing

I refer all of my clients to ConvertKit if I can get to them before they are locked into mailchimp. It's a bit spendier for small lists, but the functionality is SO worth it. The tags, sequences etc allow even rookie marketers to set up smart funnels & sequences. I love this product.

Pros

So user-friendly and agile. It's powerful without being hard to use. I try to get all my clients on ConvertKit if they can afford to. The automations, tags, and sequences allow you to be so agile with your email marketing and retarget and build smart marketing funnels with very little effort. It is made for content marketers. I adore this platform.

Cons

A little bit expensive for smaller lists, hard to compete with free services for small companies. Learning to build sequences and automations takes a little bit of time.

Reasons for Choosing ConvertKit

So much better than Mailchimp, it comes with everything you need right out of the "box' without needing to pay more for integrations or automations. It's a marketer's dream.

Sanna from Asianajotoimisto Svahn Oy / Attorneys-at-law Svahn Ltd

Industry: Law Practice

Love love love!!

Super easy to use!

Pros

I've been using Convertkit for a few years now and just couldn't be happier!! The software is highly flexible to automate my email delivery to a level that makes my new client intake so easy and effortless. Readers still believe I am writing to them personally... ;-) Some think it's spooky how "I just read their minds"... heh...

Cons

The only thing that could be improved but which would be nice to fix is that if I title the email Dear "subscriber", the email itself shows the subscriber's first name but the preview option of the email shows ... Kind a looses credibility in these cases. But I came round this problem by not addressing readers by their first name...

Easily my preferred email management software (if it was cheaper)

Pros

I LOVE the visual automations. It makes it far easier to set up and explain how they work to clients. The sequences are so easy to update and I love how all the emails are viewable on the same page.

Cons

Having to code email templates. I recently switched to a cheaper provider because, as I'm not earning much from my blog right now, I couldn't justify paying $39US per month.

Reasons for Switching to ConvertKit

I wanted a software that was easier to use (e.g. can see an entire email sequence on one page) and was subscriber-centric, not list-centric.

Tyneisha from Moody As A Mother

Great Automation Email Software, But Expensive

I've been able to monetize my email list with ConvertKit and that's helped to aid in my growth.

Pros

I needed an easy to use email software that could provide automation so I signed up for ConvertKit and have been very impressed so far. My favorite thing is the layout and organization structure that allows me to compartmentalize my lists.

Sabih from Self-employed

Perfect email marketing tool for beginners

ConvertKit is perfect for small businesses, bloggers, and affiliate marketers. You can do pretty much anything with ConvertKit in terms of email automation, list building, and more. If you can afford it, go for it.

Pros

I used ConvertKit for less than a year and the experience had been awesome. I switched to ConvertKit from MailChimp. Though ConvertKit isn't as feature-rich as MailChimp but it is a perfect email automation software for anyone who is looking to take control of the email marketing. There are quite a few things that I liked about ConvertKit. 1. Extremely easy-to-use. Compared to other email marketing tools that I have used, ConvertKit is one of the easiest to use. 2. If you haven't worked with email, autoresponders, campaigns, rules, etc. ConvertKit is your best bet because it offers you with every feature that you need as a beginner. 3. You can integrate ConvertKit with several third-party tools which is great. 4. It offers you with smart ways to monetize your list.

Cons

Here are a few things that ConvertKit lacks. 1. It is expensive as compared to most of the other marketing tools in the market. 2. Their form needs more work. It is too basic with limited features. 3. Lack of landing page builder is another downside. You will need a separate landing page builder tool that will cost you money.

JudyAnn from Bar JD, Inc

Industry: Online Media

A service that can grow with my business

ConvertKit has excellent support and guidance. It is interesting to receive regular emails from them with suggestions, recommendations and guidance for building my email business successfully. There are workshops for the same purposes. There is a two week trial. People wanting to test the program should be prepared with a plan and some content before signing up. It is amazing how fast two weeks can go. I did a two week trial, but didn't sign up right away. The second go-round, I was committed and followed through. I felt there were more features available to me after commitment even though I had two weeks for trial again. My feeling after the first trial was not really enthusiastic

Pros

ConvertKit came highly recommended from people whom I respect, including the people at Copyblogger. The forms are simple, but attractive.

Cons

There is a small learning curve that feels a lot longer!

Reasons for Switching to ConvertKit

Ease of use and future cost.

Amber from The Playful Learner

Smooth and easy to use

Overall I had a wonderful experience using ConvertKit, it was just too expensive for my small operation.

Pros

Cons

I decided to end my account with ConvertKit because it was too expensive and complicated for my simple needs. I wish that they had a more affordable option with simpler features.

Reasons for Switching to ConvertKit

I switched from Mailchimp because the features that ConvertKit and how much easier it is to use. However, I switched back because it was too expensive and complicated.

Allison from Self

Decent Email Subscription Manager, But Not Right for Everyone

ConvertKit is easy to use, and I appreciate the fast customer service response. Ultimately, however, most people would be better off using a cheaper, more minimalistic tool or a more expensive all-in-one CRM/email tool. ConvertKit is great for a very select audience, who find themselves in the middle.

Pros

ConvertKit has a lot of functionality for the price tag in terms of automation. It is kind of a step between free, minimalist tools like MailChimp and really robust tools like Ontraport.

Cons

I struggle with the pricing. Simply put, most people who want to automate their email campaigns will likely get more value from a tool like Ontraport or Infusionsoft, which also integrate with payment systems and have more CRM functionality. Other smaller businesses and bloggers are typically better served by less expensive tools such as Mailchimp, which don't have all the bells and whistles of ConvertKit, but which get the job done. So, although I do think it is a good value for the price... I'm not sure who actually NEEDS this mid-point tool.

Liked it from the start, pricing could be restructured

I moved to ConverKit from aWeber and I also tested a few others. ConverKit wins, mostly because of good user experience solutions.

Pros

Convertkit is easy to use and has the features other autoresponders lacked or failed to implement them properly. You can tag subscribers here and send emails based on different conditions which will automatically apply. The other great benefit is that you don't pay for subscribers/emails that stopped opening emails and basically are "ghosts", and you don't pay for those that are unsubscribed but remained in database. Third good thing is that they are constantly working on implementing small new things or improving the tool by adding features, while competition does not change much in their solutions.

Cons

I would like the pricing to be structured differently. Just a 10% lower would make big difference when comparing to competition. Then it would be 'more for the same price'. They offer discounted yearly subscription so that's something. If your list doesn't earn you much it won't pay for costly membership.

Candace from Get Fit with Fat

My favorite email software

I use Convertkit to create forms to capture emails, email my list, and automate sequences in my business. I love that convertkit integrates with so many other tools for my business, such as leadpages and acuity.

Pros

Convertkit is so powerful that I am still learning its capabilities three years later. I can easily manage and grow my email list, and segmenting my audience makes it easier to send the right emails to the right people.

Cons

There can be a steep learning curve. However, help is somewhat useful.

Love it

An affordable full-feature email hosting company with super-responsive customer service.

Pros

Great deliverability, great customer service, has all the features I want.

Terrible customer service.

Leigh from Norwich Guitar Academy

I don't know why people recommend this software - their generous affiliates program perhaps?

I have more problems with convertkit than anything else on my website, the source of all my issues have been convertkit! It's cheap compared to what's out there, but there is a reason for this. I'm now going to infusionsoft, which im sure, my commitment of their monthly priceplan will speak volumes for how poor conertkit has been.

Pros

It's easy to write emails and develop an email funnel.

Cons

the implimentation is dire, it's like a beta release all the time. the forms aren't as responsive as they so claim, things look good on their page and then on preview, but when published, you really have to tinker with them to make them work. Their worpdress plugin was prompting 'malware' warnings on my site with Avast, the first time I had to contact their help desk, and they were more concerned about removing me from their daily tasks lists than dealing with the problem. this eventually cleared up, I assume it may have been in Avast's hands, but this problem lasted two weeks in convertkits hands. I then had a list of 5 questions, I recieved a response for one of them by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who I then didn;t reply in a timely manner for (although he contacted me 3 days after my problems were raised!) He then got pushy in the emails for me to deal with the problem immediate - which I couldn't do!! I was available to add things to my website 3 days before his response and had other work commitments to deal with, having just now got back to the website, 5 days after my initial problems, he decided to close the ticket to and I quote 'remove them off his daily tasks lists' I've now raised these exact same questions again to convertkit to seek help, hopefully I won't get an automated response and have to wait another 3 days for a reply to when im busy and told they'll close the ticket again to make themselves look good. Their customer service is diabolical and their software is sub par.

Great features at a great price

Convertkit compiles all my email addresses for various interests. I don't know how I'd do this without an email service provider software. It helps me organize my email lists so I don't email out information to the wrong people/list.

Pros

Pricing is key with email service providers. I like how convertkit charges based on the number of subscribers you have. Also, they have the ability to get very granular and automated with your marketing campaigns using tags, forms, sequences, and automation.

Cons

Most email service provider software takes a while to learn. Learning how use convertkit took me longer than I'd like to admit, and I'm still learning how I can use it for my needs. They have training and there are consultants available, I just wish it would be a little easier to learn.

Craig from Unseen Pursuit

An exceptional email marketing platform!

In the short time I have been using converkit I have already seen growth in my mailing list. I have also found that the ease of creating automations has helped save me time!

Pros

Convertkit has incredible customer service, a unique easy to understand interface (the visual builder) and is very good value for money!

Cons

During my short time or using the product I have yet to find a negative element.

Reasons for Switching to ConvertKit

Although I feel Mailchimp has a great free option, after many recommendations i decided to make the move across and have not regretted it.

Warren from www.warrensamu.com

A Quality Mailing List Service Offering

I have a client who moved through several mailing lists platforms before landing with ConvertKit and she's stuck with them ever since. We use the platform for blog subscriptions, online courses, and other special email series. It works well, it's easy to navigate, and easy to implement on web pages. It also integrates with many other online services (we recently connected it to Teachable).

Pros

I like how ConvertKit separates the different functions of the platform - Subscribers, Automations, Landing Pages/Forms, Sequences, Broadcasts. This makes it easier to create these pieces independent of each other and connect them with the processes you need them for. The interface is clean and visual. I like the way the email sequences work.

Cons

I don't like how ConvertKit handles subscribers. The platform provides plenty of data on what the subscribers has been exposed to within your processes, but not a lot of data about the subscriber herself. It would be nice to be able to edit or delete subscriber activities without having to delete the subscriber's profile.

Reasons for Switching to ConvertKit

Wanted to try something new.

Louise from Social Bee NI

Always recommending this to my clients!

I always recommend Convertkit to members of my community, so its a positive experience from me.

Pros

This is such great software for emailmarketing - I can create email sequences, challenges, tag my sign-ups on different categories, see who has opened my emails and so much more.

Cons

Very little! I think the landing pages feature could do with some improvement.

Rohit from MalwareFox

Simple Yet Powerful EMail Marketing Software

Pros

I have used Mailchimp, Aweber and Sendy before moving to Convertkit. The deliverability is most awesome thing about Convertkit. Having an option to setup custom domain (for sending) which they do on your behalf makes it standout. For a marketer, deliverability is the most important thing and they offer it. Customer Support is superb. I had few issues while on-boarding like importing and setting up which they resolved quickly. Feature-wise they recently implemented workflows and other fancy features but I was and I am happy with their offerings. Straightforward, simple and does what it says.

Cons

It's quite expensive compared to any other similar services. Nothing much. I do simple text based broadcast, auto-respond on purchase and lead followups which do not require WYSISYG email editor. So, I am happy with it.

Jacob from VALUEWALK LLC

Industry: Newspapers

Great overall ESP

Very good overall - i am very happy with Convertkit took away 1 point for difficulty using the program (as i noted above) but otherwise its excellent

Pros

The delieverability is excellent - i have used many ESPs and I would say Convertkit has best open and click rates even better than Mailchimp which costs about twice as much

Cons

This is a hard to use platform, many features which other ESPs include as basic options, Convertkit does not include. A developer told me that Convertkit cuts down to ensure better deliverability, but I do not know IT stuff. Just be prepared to hire a developer to help you setup the basics and if you do that Converkit is a great ESP to use.

Thanh T from FrontStream

Industry: Philanthropy

A powerful email marketing service provider with affordable pricing options

Pros

Simple and powerful automation and multiple forms per list. Easily delivers multiple opt-in incentives. This is a big step forward compared with MailChimp's feature. Automatically process duplicate subscribers.

Cons

ConvertKit does not have a free plan like MailChimp does. Limited design and landing page system.

Jeff from Schaefer Flight

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Best Marketing Software after testing many others

Pros

It is clear what is going on, which is rare in email marketing software. The best part is the email sequence page that allows you to edit all of the emails from the same spot without having to load and click around to view other emails.

Cons

One time it deleted an email I wrote. This happened because I had the same page open in two windows and I deleted an email, but it chose the wrong one to delete. Just work in one window and you will be fine.

Jacob from E-Learning

Converkit is the best email software out there.

I really like using Convertkit even with the limitations. It's UI is so good that I've continued to use it even with other more robust tools available.

Pros

I love the interface and how easy it is to create great sequences. The customer support and guides are incredibly useful and add value beyond the product itself. Convertkit is a joy to work with on a daily basis and it makes other email software feel clunky in comparison.

Cons

Convertkit does a few things incredibly well at the expense of several features. It doesn't give URL tracking and tagging like other CRM Autoresponders do and this would be a great feature.

Aleia from Aleia Walker Creative

Great investment for online biz owners

I am able to connect with my audience and generate sales.

Pros

I love the ability to edit the HTML & CSS directly from the editor, a la WordPress. You can easily make an email as simple or as complex as you want using this tool. And the tagging and automation features are clutch.

Cons

I wish there was a more introductory pricing level. It's the tool I think clients should use, however it's more difficult of an investment when there's no immediate ROI

Kari from Esavingsblog

Great for managing my subscribers!

Pros

I love that Converkit allows me to tag my subscribers and segment my list as much as a want. It allows me to easily tag subscribers that click on links in my emails. It allows me to tag however I want. I can send an email with questions and depending on what answer my subscribers click I can have them tagged and segmented to another email series etc. There is so much that can be automated and controlled with Convertkit. If you're using an email system that doesn't allow you to segment, tag, and automate then Convertkit will be a game changer for you.

Cons

There is a learning curve but their customer support is awesome and they will chat or get on the phone with you if you have any questions. They also have a HELP section and some video training.

Madhur from Madhur Dutta

Industry: Music

A feature-rich platform to manage your email marketing

The ability to use tags and segments is very helpful to me in delivering customized value-driven campaigns to my subscribers.

Pros

- Ability to tag/segment subscribers - Ability to use multiple footers/signatures using email templates - Ability to schedule - A/B testing

Cons

- Interface and terminologies (broadcast vs campaign) took getting used to - Could benefit from a wider selection of templates

Reasons for Choosing ConvertKit

A/B testing and ability to tag/segment

Craige Hardel from Hardel Enterprises

Versatile platform for bloggers

Decent application for our main website. Didn't quite fit for more than one brand despite it's features

Pros

Simple to setup and use. Automations are not complicated and no lists

Cons

Can't duplicate a lead. Despite not being list based when someone unsubscribes there isn't an option to only remove them from a list. A bit of a hindrance for us

Reasons for Choosing ConvertKit

Simpler functionality and no extra tech person needed to maintain