All Flipcause Reviews

Randy J

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2018

Best Non-profit Merchant

I'm currently working with my fifth customer and implementing FlipCause and my customers just love their services and customer service. So when my clients are happy I'm happy.

PROS

Customer service is their superpower. The software is definitely the easiest to use but their customer service is beyond anything I'm accustomed to. As a website developer I"m always advising clients on merchant services, and flipcause is my number one for nonprofits.

CONS

The portal is a little dated but has not reflection of the product or service.

Randy, thank you so much for your thoughtful review. We love to hear what's working for you and the opportunity to provide timely and personal support to help our partnered organizations grow and do more!

Replied August 2018

Cassie

Reviewed May 2023

Flipcause is FANTASTIC for Non-Profits!!!

PROS

I really like how easy Flipcause is to use for the many campaigns we have. I am able to customize each campaign with graphics and text in order to make them look very professional. Flipcause is much more user friendly and efficient than the database we used in the past for donation processing and event fundraising.

CONS

I needed an option for our donors and supporters to stay connected by signing up to receive our quarterly newsletters we send out in the mail as well as our e-blasts that we send out often. The only campaign I could make it work with was the "Volunteer" campaign option. It worked for the most part except that I can't customize the text that says "Current Opportunities" to say something like "Sign Up for our newsletters" or "Stay Connected" instead.

Reasons for switching to Flipcause

Blackbaud eTapestry is inefficient and difficult to use and didn't have all of the options we needed.

Hi Cassie, Thanks for leaving a detailed review! We're so pleased to hear that you can easily use our platform for your campaigns and that you were able to customize each of them to make them look very professional. We're also glad that you consider us to be user-friendly and efficient. And we hear your concern about getting your supporters to sign up for your newsletter and customizing the texts in your campaigns. Your Success team will surely help you with this. Here's how you can reach them: https://help.flipcause.com/flipcausehelp/article-detail?Get-Support Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help!

Replied June 2023

Mary Ann

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed July 2019

Dreadful Company + Terrible Customer Service

Not one benefit. This was supposed to be for our agency website. We serve the homeless with severe and persistent mental illness and did not receive the support needed. What a waste of money - $3,600 + a pending $1,800 that I am currently disputing with our credit card company.

PROS

I have nothing positive to say about this company!

CONS

We never got it to work. We paid for it for 2 years and now that I'm trying to terminate the 3rd year that I did not request, I am being given the run around.

n/a

Reasons for switching to Flipcause

We wanted more control over our website and was told that this was a friendly platform.

Hi Mary Ann, I'm sorry to hear about your negative experience! Your refund was processed 8/1 and you should see it in your account in 3-5 business days from that date. Our goal is to provide value to your organization; not to keep you locked into our platform. Your positive experience is extremely important to us and we will be reaching out directly to make sure this is fully resolved.

Replied August 2019

Non-Profit Organization Management, 201-500 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Flipcause Hits the Sweet Spot

Good quality product. Compared to others above average.

PROS

Ease of use, customer care response time

CONS

Availablity of customer care. Not available during critical hours.

Cynthia

Reviewed February 2023

Flipcause saves our nonprofit time and money!

Overall I can't thank Flipcause enough for all their support. As a grassroots organization without a team to manage our online presence, the team at Flipcause has literally been AMAZING and helpful with all our requests in a timely manner.

PROS

The best part about Flipcause is the support team you get to help you set up websites, campaigns, and online donations. It saves us so much time not to have to learn an entirely new platform. It's like having an entire team working for our success on demand. Thank you Flipcause!

CONS

In my experience, the donate page has to open to a new tab in order to work and this extra step is confusing for donors and not user-friendly on mobile devices.

Reason for choosing Flipcause

We are early stage and really like the one to one support team with Flipcause.

Reasons for switching to Flipcause

The platform was hard to use, didn't provide a support team, and was the same cost. Also, Flipcause has donor management built in which is the backbone of our website, making it much more impactful for our organization's needs.

Kyle

Reviewed November 2022

Great product at an amazing price

Flipcause is always easy to contact and work with. We're super happy with our partnership.

PROS

Flipcause helps us do more with less. Our previous software was expensive and to have full functionality it would require us to pay more, but with Flipcause we have everything at the one price. We're able to do everything we need from campaigns to event sign-ups and everything in between. The big thing we love is how much we can customize every element.

CONS

I wish we had more ability to contact our donors within different segments to help drive donations.

Reason for choosing Flipcause

Flipcause was built for smaller non-profits so it offered the features we needed at a great price.

Reasons for switching to Flipcause

Network for Good was way more expensive, charged for additional elements, and didn't offer nearly as much customization.

Hi Kyle, Thanks for the review! We're so glad you feel super happy with our partnership and that you find us easy to contact and work with. That's what we strive for! It's also great to hear that you can do everything you need, from campaigns to event sign-ups and everything in between, and that you love how you can customize every element. Also, thanks for sharing your suggestion to have more ways to contact your donors within different segments to help drive donations. I'll be sure to share it with the team. In the meantime, don't hesitate to reach out with any questions or concerns!

Replied November 2022

Tonya

Reviewed September 2023

Code Switch

I always appreciate the support provided by the Flipcause Team. They are readily available to answer questions, always friendly, and competent at giving us just what we ask for and need. This saves us time and ensures that we can reach our fundraising goals. For a small nonprofit like ours, this makes a big difference. So grateful for Flipcause! It's worth the money spent for sure!

PROS

The access to a technical support team to help set up campaigns

CONS

Trying to figure out how to create the reports I need.

Reason for choosing Flipcause

User friendly, and came highly recommended, plus cost was minimal in comparison.

Hi Tonya, Thanks for the review! We're so happy to hear that you're getting your money's worth, that your Success team is able to help you set up your campaigns, and that they are able to answer your questions, always friendly and competent at giving you what you need. Also, here's an article to help you with Flipcause Reports: https://help.flipcause.com/flipcausehelp/article-detail?flipcause-report-types Please don't hesitate to reach out to your Success team whenever you need support- they're happy to assist you in getting the job done! We're here for you and looking forward to continuing to support your organization!

Replied September 2023

Jon

Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Always there

AWESOME! A must use for non-profits and development !

PROS

WIthin 24 hours of the request the page/change is done and explained!

CONS

Takes a while to learn how to edit. But once you do its simple

No support , no website , no help! Not a friendly experience

Rick

Reviewed January 2024

Review of FlipCause

Good and fair so far. I am keeping one eye open though.

PROS

Set it and forget it. User friendly and good service if I need help.

CONS

Telling me that they wouldnt raise the monthly service fee, and then try to raise ot on me, after also receiving a percentage of my donors gift.

Reason for choosing Flipcause

Allowing donor to select to pay the fee.

Reasons for switching to Flipcause

I liked the fee being able to be paid by the donor

Joel Daniel

Think Tanks

Reviewed June 2018

Customer-centric, growing, value-priced.

PROS

The Flipcause team is very responsive to their customers. They don't feel like some gigantic organization that doesn't have time for you, like a lot of services out there. They're constantly working to expand and refine their product, and as a fellow startup, I can appreciate their roadmap and progress. And I don't think you'll find any other software that does as much for non-profits for their pricing. It's pretty unheard of.

CONS

Some of the backend of setting up campaigns and managing contacts is not as intuitive as I would want it to be. However, their support teams are super-accessible and willing to help. And, honestly, the more that a system is able to do, the less intuitive it generally is...no matter the system, you have to put in the work to understand it.

Alberto

Reviewed August 2019

Flipcause has been super useful in so many ways

Aside from the already-mentioned help with reporting, fundraising, and volunteer management, I feel that having a more intuitive web presence has helped legitimize us in the local non-profit community. We may have been around for 40 years, but our old website looked even older. This site has helped us communicate better with those that need us the most.

PROS

The best thing about this software is that it has helped organize our financial collection efforts. Before , our website could not process payments. Little did we know that we had many people that were willing to join our group, donate to our cause, and provide feedback. Flipcause has helped us with these passive collection efforts, increasing our donations dramatically. Is this the only thing I love? No! The volunteer management, communications, and reports are all worth a review in their own right. Their staff is very talented and responsive.

CONS

Some screens, when selected, take the end user to some redundant screens (Eg., the volunteer signup page has two stops that are not needed). All features can be customized and the options are sometimes not in intuitive locations... but their staff is always there to help point you in the right direction.

Reason for choosing Flipcause

The promise of having dedicated support, a site that could grow with us, and having most of the functions we needed provided by a company that was familiar with the needs of Non-Profit organizations were all very important to us.

Reasons for switching to Flipcause

Wordpress was not intuitive enough to be supported by our rotating staff. we needed more responsiveness and Wordpress no longer supported some of the software we used regularly (credit card processor and constantcontact). It was clunky, complicated, and outdated.

Hi Alberto, thank you so much for your review! We're so happy to hear that using Flipcause has helped you to better connect with your community and increase your donations. That's our mission! And thank you for your feedback on the redundant pages, I'll be sure to bring this to our Product team to see how we can improve this for you. Don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything else we can do to help.

Replied September 2019

Stacie

Reviewed October 2021

New to Website Management

I was brand new to using websites, campaign management, and donor management. Flipcause was recommended to me by a colleague at another Agency. The customer service is exceptional! They are so responsive and patient with my endless questions and over time, I have learned to do things on my own that I didn't initially think I could do! From the look of our website to the customer service provided, I couldn't be more pleased.

PROS

I love all of the features Flipcause offers. When I decided to go with Flipcause, the customer service walked me through every step of migrating away from our WordPress platform to Flipcause. The website looks wonderful, my volunteers are using it and I much more confidence in my role as a website/donor manager!!

CONS

I can't think of anything at this time.

Reason for choosing Flipcause

Although Qgiv was more affordable, it didn't offer the volunteer management component I was looking for.

Reasons for switching to Flipcause

WordPress was difficult to use and I did not know HTML. I couldn't run reports, or create campaigns or upload videos without a lot of difficulties.

Hi Stacie, Thanks so much for the review! We're so happy to hear that you are pleased with your new website and that you have gotten the support you need from your Success Team. We're here for you and looking forward to continuing to support your organization!

Replied October 2021

Nate

Reviewed August 2019

5A Elite loves Flipcause

With Flipcause, we are now able to manage fundraising and registration like the big companies at a fraction of the cost.

PROS

What I like most is, because we are a small organization, we don’t have the capacity to assign a staff member to fundraising. With Flipcause, we have a dedicated support team who make every step in every process easy to manage. I also like the fact that the look is very professional and gives the appearance that our organization is bigger than it actually is, which leads to increased fundraising sng.

CONS

Sometimes, it takes a really long time to update in the dashboard. Also, there are a lot of features that I just don’t know about and so I don’t feel like we are able to utilize the software to it’s full capabilities.

Reason for choosing Flipcause

Better customer service and the sales team wasn’t too pushy. When people are to pushy, it makes me feel like they are trying to hustle me.

Hi Nate, Thank you so much for leaving us a review. We love hearing that your support team feels like an extension of your staff, that's what we aim to do! And thank you for your feedback on how we can improve. We are always working on speed optimization of the Dashboard, so please let us know if you continue to have issues with slow updates so we can let our team know. As for learning about new features, this year we launched a "What's New" button at the top right corner of the Dashboard to highlight updates and new features. Be sure to check that out and if there's anything else we can do to assist, don't hesitate to let us know!

Replied August 2019

Karen

Reviewed September 2023

Small nonprofit FlipCause user since 2016

Easy to use all under one umbrella; frees up my time for other tasks.

PROS

I love the way Flipcause integrates so many previously separate functions under one easy and efficient roof: event registration, payment, sponsorship, volunteer management, campaign landing page, in-kind donation offering and even website. Since our nonprofit has a very small staff, it makes it so much easier

CONS

The Weebly website is functional, easy to set-up and perform basic editing. However the options for appearance is quite limited and needs professional coding to make it look really professional and slick.

Reasons for switching to Flipcause

So much easier (and less expensive) having it all under one integrated umbrella.

Hi Karen, Thanks for the review! It's so great that you love the way you can use different functions all in one place, and we love to hear that you've stayed with us for so long. Please continue to reach out to us for support. We're here for you and looking forward to continuing to support your organization's needs.

Replied September 2023

Edward

Reviewed July 2022

Best Software For Small Nonprofit Organizations Management

My overall experience with Flipcause has been awesome. I'm excited to see the growth of my foundation while partnering with Flipcause and the impact set to come in the future.

PROS

I like how easy it is for me make updates on my website using the built-in features that Flipcause offers with their website management tool. I also really like how easy it is for me to keep track of data information such as donor support, sponsorships, and other information that helps keep my organization running efficiently.

CONS

I really don't have any cons at this time.

Reason for choosing Flipcause

Their goal is to help small nonprofits grow to their highest potential.

Reasons for switching to Flipcause

The previous website builder that I used didn't really benefit me as a nonprofit organization.

Hi Edward, Thanks for leaving us a review! We're so pleased to hear that Flipcause has made it easy for you to manage your website and run your organization efficiently. We're here for you and looking forward to continuing to support your organization!

Replied July 2022

Nancy

Reviewed October 2021

Flipcause can be a huge help for your organization!

The benefits of Flipcause have been extensive for my non-profit. Like I said before, the credit card processing is huge, the ability for Flipcause to build a page or build my website for me is beyond beneficial to have this software, to be able to call and talk with a human instead of just doing it by email or text is massive and the kindness of the staff have been such a bonus for using this software! I am totally satisfied!!!

PROS

I love Flipcause because you can help build a new website or a new page if that is what is needed... the customer service has always been phenominal and I recommend this software to anyone who needs it. I love the fact that I can call and say I want to learn how to do this and they help with this too. I also love the fact that you do your own credit card processing because that is one less thing I have to handle. Flipcause handles this for me and I highly recommend Flipcause for your website and credit card processing needs.

CONS

I would love to have more in depth reporting features for Flipcause. I can work with what they have but would appreciate it more if I had the ability for more ease in reporting capabilities Other than that, I cannot think of anything else that I would love to have changed.

Reason for choosing Flipcause

Again, the credit card processing piece and also the ability of Flipcause to build a website for me and also, helping me build a page or Flipcause can do this as well.

Reasons for switching to Flipcause

My major fundraiser was stopping and I knew I needed a new website and so I did a search of many different softwares and what sold me to Flipcause was the website building for me and the credit card processing piece!

Hi Nancy, Thanks so much for your thoughtful review! We're happy to hear that you've had a great experience with your Success Team and that you appreciate having payment processing included in the tools and services available to you. Also, thanks for your feedback about the reports. I'll pass it along to our development team for consideration. We look forward to building out more functionality to even better serve you. And please continue to lean on your Success Team if you need support with running reports. Let us know if there's anything else we can do to help!

Replied October 2021