All Gmail Reviews

Industry standard, AT A COST

Wasif

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Gmail usage

I am using it for more than 12+ years now and also recommended it to my new company as well and they started using it as well and they are very much satisfied too.

PROS

It gives you the focus, easy to use and preferences according to my needs.

CONS

Other product integrations can be improved

Reasons for switching to Gmail

Gmail is easy to use and it comes with other features as well like google docs, google meet unlimited calls etc.

Sheen

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2024

The best email management tool

PROS

The user interface is very simple and organized. Unlike its competitors, Gmail offers a very "clean" look with varying themes. I like the ability to label my emails and then to easily locate all of them, which is not something other email management tools offer. I also like that there are spaces that we can create to work and communicate together. Additionally, it is a huge advantage to have a hub of other tools available at our disposal, like the whole Google Suite. One can easily link documents, tag contacts, maintain common folders etc.

CONS

The only thing I do not like is that if I send calendar invites, I receive people's responses in my Primary inbox. Even if I change the label to something else, like "Updates", Gmail does not learn and remember that. I have to do that everytime.

Reasons for switching to Gmail

In Outlook, you can also label emails, however, you cannot find all labelled emails in one place. So the labelling is of no use. Also, the interface is not very clean. The sync between Outlook's calendar and emails is also not simple to use.

George

Automotive, 1 employee

Gmail Inbox

PROS

I am using Gmail since 2000. Is a low-cost product and is useful for a small company of for a single person.

CONS

In the last months my email address used since 24 years, is confounded with another address and from this reason I am receiving the messages from another person. On other side the AI used by gmail to filter the message and spam make many mistakes. The algorithms are weaks and the code is obsolete.

Muhammad Daud

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Gmail makes email simpler

Overall I had a good experience with Gmail as it allowed me to explore additional products offered by Google Workspace. Gmail integrated notes and Reminders work perfectly well with Mobile apps and Sync is great. Overall I would always recommend Gmail for primary email storage.

PROS

I have found Gmail comes with lot of utilities. Emails Management, Calendar, Google Drive, Google Sheet, Notes etc. These tools makes all in one easy for you to manage your personal or Business portfolio. Gmail free accounts have more than sufficient space for Drive and Emails and the Google Workspace comes with lot of Admin advantages and products.

CONS

Syncing Gmail emails with third-party applications is a back draw. The IMAP or POP is not reliable and loses connectivity. Google Should join its email through Exchange to work with third-party apps.

Gmail sharing, Storage, Email and Search is better than Yahoo or Outlook

Reasons for switching to Gmail

More functionalities, reliability, and sustainability.

Maggie

Design, 1 employee

Long Term User

PROS

I've been a Gmail user for 20+ years. It's easy to use and first emails. I love the labeling feature and being able to organize emails from certain people into folder.

CONS

I don't like having to click through pages to view all my emails. And Labels and Folders are not available on android app.

Reasons for switching to Gmail

I didn't like Yahoo's interface and advertisements.

mohamed

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Reviewed June 2023

Gmail: Streamlined Email Management and Robust Features for Enhanced Productivity

Gmail is widely regarded as one of the most popular and reliable email service providers. Users appreciate its user-friendly interface, powerful search capabilities, and robust spam protection. The seamless integration with other Google services and the generous storage space provided are also highly valued.

PROS

Powerful Search and Filtering: Gmail's search functionality is highly effective, allowing users to quickly find specific emails using various search criteria. Additionally, the ability to create filters helps in organizing and prioritizing incoming messages.

CONS

Learning Curve: I find Gmail's interface and features initially overwhelming, especially if i'm transitioning from other email providers. It may take some time to become familiar with all the functionalities and customization options.

Ed

Real Estate, 1 employee

Say Goodbye to Email Chaos

PROS

Gmail isn't just email, it's your digital HQ. Effortless interface, seamless integrations, & rock-solid reliability make it an essential communication tool.

CONS

Privacy concerns: Google's ad-driven model means some users might feel uneasy about data collection practices.

Reasons for switching to Gmail

Google integrates with many more of the platforms that I use.

Ama W

Information Technology and Services, 1 employee

Never miss an email

Gmail makes it easy to carry my emails with me everywhere I go, send and receive mails in minutes and I can use it for personal and professional purposes with top notch security.

PROS

Ease of use, drafts, email categorisation

CONS

There is nothing not to like about Gmail.

Reasons for switching to Gmail

Due to complexities, loss of emails, password issues etc.

Andres Ernesto

Outsourcing/Offshoring, 10,000+ employees

My opinion

So far I have not had any serious problems with the service.

PROS

Being such a large product, the security, support and possible integrations are unsurpassed.

CONS

Maybe the only thing, I could mention is the design, I'm looking for any defects.

Reasons for switching to Gmail

only for business requests but only as main platform

Gmail software

Excellent since I started longtime ago with many advantages

PROS

Everything easiness simplicity and security

CONS

I like all simplicity easiness and security

Reasons for switching to Gmail

For more advantages simplicity and rapidity and security

ABHAY

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Best enterprise emailing platform

PROS

I appreciate the user interface of this application, as well as the wide range of templates available.

CONS

It's a bit more expensive than its competitor, which is my biggest concern.

Reason for choosing Gmail

I like almost everything about Gmail, except for the pricing.

Syazwani

Financial Services, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed February 2021

All i need for email

Gmail is the longest emails manager that i have use, either for personal use and business use. Throughout the years, Gmail has expended and giving better service for me especially when all the attachment file will be scanned first for any virus or malware before it will be available to be downloaded, it really help put ease to my mind.

PROS

Everyone has at least one Gmail account and i am one of them. Managing my personal email account is really easy as i can use it from my smartphone. They also has a good detection rate for spam email and i almost don't have to check my spam inbox anymore, as they really good at separating between legit and spam email.

CONS

There are not easy way to delete the email in my inbox. I have to select each of the email to delete it and no way to select everything in bulk, and delete them altogether. There are also no option to archive my email to off sites storage, everything is only accessible online and not offline.

Reasons for switching to Gmail

Zoho Mail is outdated and not much new feature and service offered by the software.

Abbas

Oil & Energy, 51-200 employees

Reviewed May 2021

Gmail. A complete workplace, rather than just an Email.

Gmail with all its drawbacks has became an integral part of my life, whether I have to send or receive an email, saving a contact or accessing a stored file in Drive. I just have to remember my Email and password to access a lot of things, which is a luxury that at this time no other company provide.

PROS

Gmail gives you a lot of space to store your mails with heavy attachments, but that is something now days many other companies also provide. What makes Gmail unique is its multirole application. Gmail is required to operate your android, access play store, save contacts in Google Contacts, save and access your google docs, spreadsheet, Google Drive, etc or to make and access your personalized callender, and to retrieve all these on any device just by logging into your Gmail Id.

CONS

The major drawabck is that it collect and store alot of data about a person from associated apps like Google Maps, youtube and search.

Reasons for switching to Gmail

They started to show a lot of ads in main inbox. Also they seemed a burden as they were only usefull for sending mail compared to Gmail's across the board applicability.

Verna

Retail, 1 employee

Reviewed August 2021

Gmail: The Best Alternative to Paid Email Services

Being a small business, being attentive to and staying within my budget is key. Gmail provides services for small businesses that are free or low cost to allow us to engage with potential buyers as professionally as possible. Overall, I am highly satisfied with Gmail and I recommend it to family and friends who need email services.

PROS

I've been using Gmail for at least 10 years for personal and business, but mores for business and it is hands down THE BEST free email provider! The many options available to send, sort, check, and save email is 2nd to none. With a spam blocker that actually keeps unwanted, unsolicited emails from my inbox, Gmail has been my go to since closing my Yahoo account. As much as I use Gmail daily, there are still some features that I have not fully explored, like Reports/Analytics, but knowing these features are available is nice for small business owners.

CONS

As feature rich as Gmail is, it can be a bit overwhelming, especially just starting out. Having a clear understanding of ways each feature can be used would be helpful. In addition, having the option to hide some features, and simplify your email homepage would be beneficial.

Reasons for switching to Gmail

Gmail offered an easier to use, more professional product.

Paige Alexis

Market Research, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed September 2021

Gmail is a great service I've used for years!

I've been a daily user of Gmail for years now and even with having multiple emails I have always found it very easy to use on a daily basis, very easy to sift out what I don't like to see and what I want to see everyday. Gmail also has the future of if I've been getting an email from a company for a while that I haven't opened it will offer me to unsubscribe from them so that I don't receive those emails anymore.

PROS

I love being able to group different emails into folders like promotions, subscriptions and the emails that I mark important. It keeps things separate and more organized so that I don't have to look through hundreds of emails that don't pertain to what I am looking for at the time I'm able to just pull up what I need and it's very simple. I also have multiple emails and I love the feature of being able to either look at them separately or look at all of my emails all together. Gmail also does a great job of saving my contacts so that every time I'm going to send an email I just have to type the first or second letter and it pops up right away, very hassle free and a good use of time.

CONS

Honestly there aren't many things that I dislike about Gmail. Every update is always something useful there's never too many drastic changes that I can't integrate into my daily use right away. I've never had any problems sending or receiving emails. Overall my experience has been great so far.

Reasons for switching to Gmail

Yahoo has definitely had some updates but when I was using it it was very cluttered and hard to sift through all of the emails that were spam or not useful to me and I noticed right away that that was something that Gmail different from Yahoo with and that's really what brought me over to using the Gmail service over anything.

Eden

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2021

Gmail is the best and excellent way of communicating via email

I’ve been using this software for the past 7-8 years and throughout my experience I don’t like this software I love it

PROS

It is beginner friendly and mainly Gmail is my personal favorite email management software because of its loyalty and also it is very it use and can be found in many forms and version for example, the application is friendly with both my android phone and android Tablet and also the software is compatible with my windows 10 Toshiba portage laptop and the way that it distinguish social media’s subscription mail, personal mail, promotion mail and etc.

CONS

There is not a single thing that I like least about Gmail but I believe that it can improve for example the spam feature is very good but it can be excellent and also sometimes it sends the promotion mail to spam and it must be corrected

Reason for choosing Gmail

as I said above my reason is because it is easy to use and the software is easily available and it is also beginner friendly

Reasons for switching to Gmail

on the contrary, I switched from Yahoo to Gmail because it is easy to use and the software is easily available

Christopher

Accounting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2021

My Business would not be the same without Gmail

Overall I would not be able to operate my business as efficiently as I do at the moment without Gmail - with the efficiencies gained, I am happy to pay the monthly subscription fees.

PROS

The first and foremost benefit of using Gmail for my business is the simplicity and ease of setting up and getting up and running. I needed a quick solution to house all my inboxes and emails for my small business, and Gmail provided the solution. I was able to set up different aliases and manage each and everyone from the one inbox. For me, this was a necessity to save both time and energy when I needed to search for old emails and documents from clients. I especially like the shortcuts that can be activated within the email dashboard, which has undoubtedly saved me many clicks every hour!

CONS

As with every business, it should be growing and improving it's software in order to stay with current trends and user requirements. However, sometimes the updates from Gmail are a bit too overwhelming and they break my business flows. I understand growth is necessary, however it would help if they communicated the changes to their users and possibly made smaller changes more often (rather than larger changes less frequently)

Reason for choosing Gmail

Gmail was simpler to set up and get going quickly.

Jeanette

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Reviewed September 2022

Gmail Great For Personal And Business Use!

Gmail is user-friendly. I love that it offers a free personal account as well as an inexpensive paid account for business. Gmail is the perfect solution for me to stay in touch with both personal and business contacts.

PROS

I love Gmail because the free personal email separates emails into Inbox, Social, and Promotions categories which allows me to focus on the more important email in my inbox first without getting distracted. The paid version of Gmail for my business allows me to offer a HIPAA compliant email to my clients with security features for client privacy. In both personal and business emails I can create Folders for greater organization and the search feature allows me to find information or contacts quickly.

CONS

For the personal Gmail account, sometimes email falls into my Promotions folder instead of my Inbox so I miss time sensitive email.

Reasons for switching to Gmail

I own a Google Pixel phone and I find accessing my personal Google Gmail account quicker. For my business, the paid HIPAA compliant Gmail account provided an affordable solution to connect with clients while also getting all the features of Google Workspace with the MyDrive, Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Slides. The entire Workspace features keeps everything in the Cloud as an external hard drive.

Kyle