What are Keap users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Keap software through verified user reviews

1,118 Reviews

• icon"It is somewhat customizable. We like the reporting features, and the ability to incorporate other tools like Zapier to work with InfusionSoft."
  • icon"The fact that we can design the whole campaign on a drawing board like the platform is something that I think everyone should do. It just gives you a good overall view of how we are running things."
  • icon"It gives us the ability to help the customer feel secure in their purchase also helps to cover our end if one tries to lie and say they didnt recieve it."
  • icon"Extremely difficult to use; insufficient integrations; many customer service reps had poor English language skills."
  • icon"When linkedin changed their url format I was stuck with over 3000 records with bad url's."
  • icon"Some functionality has been lost in transitioning to keap ownership."

Browse all Keap Reviews

• Have you used Keap and would like to share your experience with others?

Showing 1 - 25 of 1,117 reviews

Jessica

All in one business solution

Mindy

Industry: Graphic Design

Great for an all-in-one service

I had some great help with getting everything set up and I find the email automation system quite easy to use and understand, which is great as it has gotten me to do a lot more with automation. I have the email lists integrated onto my website optin forms and it's quite simple to see who takes action on the emails that are sent in the automation sequence.

Pros

I love that I can segment my clients into different groups to email them directly from Keap, and also do the same with prospective clients and past clients. Having everything in one place makes my life so much easier and streamlined and has encouraged me to do even more than I was before in regards to client communication.

Cons

I had some issues at first with the Keap phone number, but they did get it fixed, although it took quite a while. The one thing that I am missing right now with them is recurring invoicing because I would have to be the one to enter the client's credit card information in order to do that here, so I am still using another product for that.

Reasons for switching to Keap

I switched from ConvertKit and Dubsado because I can now do it all in one place instead of having two services, which makes things much more streamlined and takes less time for communication.

Bob

I love Infusionsoft

I have enjoyed using Infusionsoft for 4 years. It is a great value for what you get. Onboarding is costly but monthly fees are reasonable. Support is mostly provided by 3rd parties.

Pros

Easy to use. I can create Campaigns and email marketing Does a great job of segmenting customers

Cons

Search options are limited Onboarding costs are high

Reasons for choosing Keap

The cost and ease of use helped me make my decision.

Reasons for switching to Keap

I needed an email marketing program that would work with the CRM. Salesforce added quite a bit of cost to be able to do email marketing.

Response from Keap

Bob, Thank you so much for the high marks and your valuable feedback! So glad to hear the power of the product is beneficial to you and your business! All the best, Paige, Social Media Specialist at Keap

Replied August 2019

Tammy

Industry: Fine Art

Large learning curve for Keap

Once you learn all the features you see how powerful and helpful this software can be.

Pros

The pipeline feature and the ease of moving customers through the pipeline for various actions to occur.

Cons

Without an outside company guiding us there was a large learning curve to learn all of the features.

Reasons for choosing Keap

Strong recommendation from an outside marketing company we were working with.

Reasons for switching to Keap

Suggestion of another marketing company we were working with.

Response from Keap

Hi Tammy, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We're happy to hear that Keap's features have assisted with your customer journey. I will share your feedback about the learning curve with our software with the right teams here so we can work to create a simpler experience for our customers. I encourage you to check out our educational resources on our website and lean on our team when you have any specific questions.

Fabiola

A software to recommend, no doubts!

It has been great, every time i scheduled a campaign or build my funnel i thanked for a great software easy to use

Pros

What i like the most is the way it tracks mu leads from a campaign and how automations work. It allows me to follow leads on every step of my funnel

Cons

I like every feature of it, however price could be a little high compare to other platforms with similar features but less expensive

Reasons for choosing Keap

I tried it because someone recommended me

Suzanne

May 2016

Great for eCommerce... Unfortunately, our sites are not eCommerce

Pros

InfusionSoft was great at first and exciting to learn the platform and start building campaigns. The campaign builder is by far the best part as it is very easy to understand and super easy to visualize your campaign the way it maps out. The elements, processes, communications, etc. are all on a grid map with arrows connecting and directing contacts where to go based on criteria, tags, and triggers you define and set. Once your developers connect everything you need, it is fun to create campaigns.

Cons

Two problems: the CRM is subpar and some integration connections are not ideal. In terms of CRM, there are a lot of preloaded fields as you could expect. The problem is that if there are fields you do not need or use for your business, you're stuck looking at them no matter what. You can create and add up to 100 new custom fields and define the type of field they are, but you cannot remove or even hide existing fields or tabs. Also, we used ScheduleOnce to connect to schedule leads who interacted with our site by filling out a form. Sometimes ScheduleOnce would update their system and cause problems with InfusionSoft and vice versa. Support from IS was quick to address and fix this when it was on their end though.

Colette

May 2022

Came to Keap for Price. Leaving because not keeping up with our needs.

Customer support is really good with Keap. I do appreciate that. When we moved from HubSpot, I really missed the features they provided--just simple things but when adding a photo to a campaign, I could see a thumbnail. With Keap, you always have to know the exact name of the image, etc. Keap needs to update the site to make it more robust and intuitive like their competitors.

Pros

Have been using Infusionsoft ---> Keap for 6+ years. We initially moved from HubSpot to Infusionsoft simply because HubSpot was too expensive for the size of our company or what we were looking to accomplish with simple campaigns.

Cons

I feel like Keap has not stayed on the cutting edge--seems a little behind the times now, honestly. We're looking at Klaviyo now and it seems like their campaigns, analytics and action sets will be easier to execute.

Reasons for choosing Keap

We will probably be switching from Keap to Klaviyo.

Reasons for switching to Keap

Price brought us to Infusionsoft (Keap).

Response from Keap

Hi Colette, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We're glad to hear that Keap has been an affordable solution for your business, but I am sorry that you feel our product has not stayed on the cutting edge. Our product team consistently has new updates in the works, and we are always working to ensure that we are making the user experience easier for our customers.

Juliana

My team is very happy with Keap

Overall, Keap has a very accelerated rate of improving its features, and it made me and my co-workers very satisfied. It especially great for startups (my case), since the price point is very reasonable and the customer service is exceptionally helpful. I would reccomend it to other colleagues 100%.

Pros

The improvement of the platform recently is remarkable, and it is a fantastic tool especially for startups. The customer service is like no other; it has always been very helpful and knowledgeable towards me and my team. It's also a very reasonable investment compared to other platforms.

Cons

It is not as intuitive as other platforms, but i definetly got used to it and it's been very useful eversince.

Response from Keap

Hi Juliana, Thanks for taking the time to share your experience! We are glad to see that Keap is helping your business grow and scale.

Jordan

March 2022

Keap - A Multi-Faceted Platform Tailored to Your Business' Needs

Very positive. If I have questions I tend to get answers quickly with the many way to contact Keap and their support staff. Their CS team is very knowledgeable and do a great job of running our requests up the ladder if they cannot assist us themselves.

Pros

Keap is very customizeable and adaptable for our needs. Over the years there have been many "value added" upgrades that have helped our company accomplish the goals we have.

Cons

On a rare occasion when you are running a massive export of info, it can bog down Keap's bandwidth to send out mail that is scheduled, but I don't thinks that's limited to Keap. I think you are going to get that anywhere you take such action. All in all, it's an extreme rarity to run into such issue in my multi-year experience with the software.

Reasons for choosing Keap

We have not had any need to make a switch. Keap is very accommodating for our needs so far.

Response from Keap

Hi Jordan, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We're glad to hear that Keap meets all of your business needs and that our customer support team has been able to assist with all of your questions.

Mohan Lal

Best marketing automation software for small businesses

Keap is a beast in itself in which you can do things effectively provided that you use it effectively, and know your way around it. We used Keap for managing our Contacts, sending promotional emails, marketing automation, and e-comm. Keap became much easier to use as we got to know the right ways of doing things starting from tag naming conventions, right ways of using Goals, Campaign links etc. And, now it is one of my favorite software when it comes to Marketing Automation.

Pros

I like various things about Keap including: 1. Being able to use tags. This helps in organizing contacts in the proper way (when used effectively, you can easily see things from Macro to Micro levels in your list) 2. Marketing automation capabilities of Keap are best. This includes things like billing automation for e-commerce as well. 3. Being able to use third-party tools like Deadline Funnel, PlusThis helps in making things more personalized and improving conversions for promotional campaigns. 4. Dynamic Content, this helps in making automation campaigns better & simpler

Cons

Nothing apart from, it is a bit on the expensive end.

Reasons for switching to Keap

I wouldn't say that we switched from Aweber as when I started in the organization they were using both Aweber & Keap. Aweber for sending emails to paid members, and Keap for Marketing & CRM purposes. Later, during the optimization phase, we totally shifted things from Aweber to Keap as the business had grown and we wanted to use single software for sending our emails.

Response from Keap

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We love your valuable feedback and are thrilled that Keap has been able to help you grow your small business.

Replied January 2022

Great all in one platform

Positive experience and great customer support

Pros

central location for marketing, sales and automation

Cons

Only allows reporting for one currency - would be preferable to have both AUD and USD

Brian

Just ok, lots of interaction after decision not to buy

Did not buy because it was too hard to load our on going data

Pros

Great software and user interface. This was the #2 choice for us

Cons

Poor integrations, could not load the data on an ongoing basis as we wanted to.

I did not, picked Agile

Martin

I've never felt so uncared for as a customer

After 3-4 months of use, I want out. All because of the complete lack of customer service and support. I had high hopes for Keap, not gonna lie. Several other businesses in our industry has been using Infusionsoft (not to be confused with the other Keap offerings), and so it looked as if Keap could be of tremendous value and replace the handful of systems we used previously, allowing us to centralize our customer engagement around one platform. The migration of our other assets to Keap took a little longer than the max allotted time Keap had promised, and when it did come back it wasn't done. No updates on the progress, nothing of that sort to let your customers know how things are going. And no response from the person in charge a month after "I absolutely plan on looking into this and rectifying any and all issues." He may absolutely plan on doing it, maybe in 2022 but I wouldn't know since he's not responding, and the two customer success managers assigned to me aren't as well. I had a call with the first customer success manager who seemed awesome, only to be replaced with someone who keeps saying he will call me and email me back. No calls, no emails, no direc responses to emails. A great platform - mostly - where you can't get Ecommerce unless you opt in for the legacy version of the service, losing all your sales pipelines and deals data, with an excellent marketing automation engine, but terrible email and landing page builders, and atrocious support.

Pros

First I want to give credit where credit is due - Keap is an absolute monster in terms of features and the level of detail in which you can build automations and customer engagements. With well over a decade having started as Infusionsoft, there's plenty of complex structuring and intricate details that you have at your fingertips. Keap also offers the necessary parts of a complete customer lifecycle management, like sales pipelines and fairly solid contact views, although not as detailed as the HubSpot CRM for example. The onboarding experience was great and I worked with an expert who knew Keap inside out, and without it, the learning process would have been extremely steep I feel. However, Keap has custom fields and forms that you can use to tag and tie data to customers with, which makes it very powerful and offers excellent customization features, something I find very valuable to meet our business needs, versus being boxed in, in a one-size-fits-all contact view.

Cons

While the strength of Keap is its richness in detail with which you can create various engagements and automations, it's also overwhelming in the beginning to wrap yourself around that part. They could do a better job of integrating their knowledgebase inside the app to give relevant sources of information. Missing systems prompts and UI flaws. There are some issues with the UI that are counter-productive, like the search field at the top of the dashboard only being limited to search for contacts, instead of the entire dashboard. Similarly, when you create a contact you have three options to tag them with; lead/client/other. If you don't mark the contact with any of these and click 'Save', you'll never find out that it's required to select one, no prompts. And they can't be edited, and you can't add additional options for reasons unknown. The landing page and email builders are just outright bad. With so many builders out on the market, and with it being such a central part of marketing, it's surprising that the builder is so immature. The focus has been on building out the marketing automation of Keap, and the builders are feeling the lack of love. We wanted to shift our need of having to use Instapage as part of our marketing stack, but with the builder being so darn bad, I may need to keep it, which for us means Keap is less value for money. Email and landing page templates are sorely lacking. No Ecommerce available for Max, only through the legacy version.

Reasons for choosing Keap

Keap looked to be more mature and is widely used in our industry as the platform of choice.

Reasons for switching to Keap

We wanted to build our CRM and marketing tools around a single platform instead of a handful of them.

Susan

9 Years of Torture

I spent 9 years with Infusionsoft and Keap trying to implement a cohesive, smooth, automated marketing system and never got it right. Finally I gave up and went to ActiveCampaign (more useful features for less money!)

Pros

I liked Campaign Builder the most but it was so difficult to set up, flawed, and lacking features that I had a love/hate relationship with it.

Cons

The limitations of all the features. It seemed that every feature sounded awesome on the surface but when you tried to implement it, there was always something missing or broken that rendered it unusable. Like SMS in campaign sequences or scheduling. Heck, I don't think they even have responsive order forms yet! I had to use ThriveCart.

Reasons for switching to Keap

I needed marketing automation not just a shopping cart.

Jhara

June 2022

In-Depth Suite of Marketing Automation Tools

The assistance I received setting up the system was excellent, and I have found the email automation system to be straightforward and easy to grasp. This has inspired me to automate many additional tasks. The opt-in forms on my website are linked to my email lists, so I can easily monitor who opens and clicks on my automated email messages.

Pros

Keap improves organization, enhances productivity and delivers to your clients every step of the way with intuitive client database software. Eliminate the spreadsheet using Keap's customer management solution. I enjoy that all your customer actions and messages are organized in one spot. I also enjoy the ease of usage. It's challenging enough to cope with the complicated marketing difficulties business owners confront, yet easy enough that you can educate your workers to utilize this program in a couple of days. A program that I am typically happy with.

Cons

It's excellent that they've come up with a stripped-down version of the program that should be usable by just about everyone; the main drawback of the version I'm currently using is that it's so versatile that it may be difficult to use.

Response from Keap

Hi Jhara, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We're so glad to hear that Keap is easy for you to use and helps keep you organized.

Rob

Industry: Online Media

Keap CRM - Manage Your Leads, Clients and CRM in one place

Positive and campaigns can be easily replicated on a monthly basis. Easy to keep track of prospects.

Pros

Great for keeping in touch with and marketing to your client and prospect base. Can set up detailed campaigns and email broadcast emails to segments of the database.

Cons

It is complex software and can be difficult sometimes to achieve the desired outcome, especially in complex campaigns. There is a good support function to assist in this regard.

Response from Keap

Hi Rob. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We are so glad to hear that Keap is an effective tool for you to keep in touch with your customers!

Aspen

It is ok, but functionality is lacking!

Works great as a database to store contacts and keep notes, does not streamline to sales process.

Pros

It is pretty easy to use and keep track of your contacts (as a database) if that is what you are looking to do.

Cons

Functionality and reporting. Difficult to get the reports I need, does not create visually appealing dashboards, we need certain functions that they cannot offer.

Reasons for choosing Keap

Pricing at the time, but we are currently looking to switch.

Toby

February 2022

Solid Email Marketing platform for businesses.

Pros

Relatively easy to use, and customer service is generally quick to respond.

Cons

At times, Keap feels like I am sending emails from the early 2000's. Customer service can be hit and miss (not always super friendly). Unfortunately, they have recently launched a newer looking email which is extremely limited compared to their legacy email (which looks ancient). With no way to quickly delete images from the library, as well as being unable to send the modern email to a sequence easily, it can be quite frustrating to use.

December 2021

Not just only email marketing with Keap!

A lot of integrations makes Keap a valuable product to use.

Pros

Keap has advanced features such as CRM which will increase the value along side with email marketing.

Cons

Automation features are complex to configure & setup.

Kelli

CRM/Automated Marketing all-in-one!

Amazing experience from sales to service! I love the templates available for email campaigns and all of the useful features.

Pros

My favorite part of using Keap software is all of the great features to automate marketing and follow-up! Excellent support and concierge service.

Cons

EXTREMELY high learning curve. Need and entire course to learn how to use all of the features efficiently and effectively.

Reasons for choosing Keap

I ended up not using it in the end. I went with Honeybook for the simplicity.

Ed

Full Set of Marketing Automation Features and Functionality

My experience was positive with the exception of having to hire a 3rd party to build out my marketing automations

Pros

Ability to run automated marketing campaigns

Cons

Challenging to build marketing automations

Pricing difference

Response from Keap

Hi Ed, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We're glad to hear that Keap was helpful to you in building out marketing campaigns. I'm sorry to hear that you found the campaigns difficult to build out. While I'm happy to hear that you were able to get assistance in building out your campaigns, I also encourage you to check out https://help.keap.com/help for step by step instructions on many different features in your Keap app.

Pierre

February 2022

Keap is a not too intuitive

Pros

The reports are right in front of your eyes everywhere. Which gives you insights as you open the tool.

Cons

The automation features are limited. Specifically the sequence part.

Khurram

December 2021

Keap's review

Pros

User-friendly and highly customizable interface. You also get a dedicated phone number based on your area code to send and track text messages. Also can create estimates, send invoices and take payments by connecting bank, PalPal, Stripe, and others.

Cons

It has a 14-day free trial but not a free version like Hubspot

Response from Keap

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We're so glad that we are able to partner with you and your small business!

Replied January 2022

Well thought out and executed CRM

Having a central place for all of our information, and the ability to tag people automatically has saved lots of time and definitely increased or ability to connect with clients and sell. Using the automated email campaigns and sequences to offer automated free trials as opposed to having to manually send out emails has been a lifesaver.

Pros

The customization options are nearly endless. The embeddable forms, that can trigger tags, which can trigger sequences such as email campaigns, have saved us hours of formerly manual work every day. The campaign builder is incredibly deep and robust, allowing for anything you can imagine. The thought given to different ways to do nearly everything is great. They have a /Tellus page and are responsive to suggestions. I recently mentioned on the that when adding a contact, the email field should automatically trim whitespace from each end, because when copying and pasting it often have an error. Within 2 weeks, that change had been implemented. The import from CSV file options are very robust. Lots of third party integrations, and a robust API. Very helpful community for questions with actual developers there.

Cons

The search is a little clunky. It's great if you're searching name, phone number or email address, but to search anything else like custom fields requires going to a separate page and finding that field. Would be great if there was an option to "search all the things", or to add custom fields to the default search. Not really their fault, but because we sell products in both Canada and the US in 2 different currencies, we're unable to use their ordering forms. When you leave it idle, rather than timing out gracefully, you lose any unsaved info. I know that's more of a "my workflow, why the hell aren't you saving your work" issue, but it's still annoying. Campaign builder doesn't work in Firefox, so I'm forced to use Chrome for that...

Reasons for choosing Keap

Customization, integrations, email campaign options

Reasons for switching to Keap

Our SEO\marketing head found it and fell in love with the options, and the integrations. It's a bit more expensive but you get a lot more.

Crystal

Industry: Think Tanks

Porsche of CRM's

They've been super supportive and helpful. Whenever I've had problems understanding anything, even when my mother passed on, they were very allowing and there for me. The people in chat and in customer support are always always patient, knowledgeable and friendly. I talk with them often! I can't say enough how helpful they are.

Pros

I wish I knew how to use all of it. There's always a new function that it can do to save me time. Since I don't have a team, Keap is like my own secretary, streamlining functions.

Cons

It takes so long to set up. The look of emails is very flat and uninteresting. Word processing in the individual letters I send out takes forever. It's definitely not a great place to write letters.

Mailchimp

Reasons for choosing Keap

A lot of the big names in marketing always had "Infusionsoft" at the bottom of their emails so I knew they must know something I didn't. When I decided to try it out, I was thinking big, probably too big. I believed it would help my business grow. (It hasn't YET but I still am able to do more with Infusionsoft.) Once campaigns are set up and the kinks worked out I love watching them work for me.

Showing 1 - 25 of 1,117 reviews