What are Instagram users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Instagram software through verified user reviews

2,760 Reviews

1,776

• icon"Integration with other social media like Facebook is a great feature. Businesses can directly communicate with followers."
  • icon"Always creative filters are fantastic, easy to understand, and integrate. Still considering the camera, the 24 hours available for viewing the story is a great move mainly to promote sales content."
  • icon"Yeah i love this app because you can become famous by posting your talent, skills and photography without investing money."
  • icon"Ads can get expensive if you are looking to generate leads through the platform. There also seems to be a lot of fake and spam accounts."
  • icon"Emailing on the app is a bit complicated. It doesn’t alert me when I get an email and you have to go through some pages to get to the email."
  • icon"The customer service is literally the worst. They take a very long time to get back to you, makes it very frustrating whether you have a personal or business account."

Browse all Instagram Reviews

• Have you used Instagram and would like to share your experience with others?

ResetShow 2,445 Results

Showing 1 - 25 of 2,445 reviews

Robert

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

A Way to Reach A Younger Audience

Rick

May 2022

Instagram is an easy way to keep up with colleagues/friends

Overall I really like using Instagram because it's more based around a picture then just some words like Twitter. Like they say a picture is worth a thousand words and Twitter won't let me put a thousand words in a post so Instagram is much more fun and useful.

Pros

The fact that I can do it all on my phone.

Cons

It's not easy to search for past conversations with people in the DM's.

Reasons for switching to Instagram

We were sick and tired of Twitter and the lack of real conversations. During the elections it just became a waste land.

Evelyn

May 2022

Not as good as it should be having such a big users community.

Instagram is both good and bad at the same time. It does provide a channel to deploy information and advertisement, but it does no offer clear rules to do it. The new argued "inclusive" guidelines of their working algorithm foster or not the distribution of your publications, then, many of your followers will or won't see what you have to show.

Pros

Does have a lot of active users worldwide. It allows integrating with platforms like Facebook. The app is fairly simple to use

Cons

Does not have defined game rules The algorithm shows your content or hides you despite your follower's amount but their interest. The customer service is a shame, it is almost no existent.

Reasons for choosing Instagram

Instagram used to be a platform to portray instant fast-paced content, then it offered a better chance to deploy publications to a broader audience.

Reasons for switching to Instagram

The users' community is broader than those other platforms, and it does provide on a paper a bigger audience for any publication made.

Hot or Not

Good but not totally satisfying.

Pros

It is a widely used social media platform and easy to use.

Cons

It does not have a lot of creator content when you would like to create videos. It is very limited in effects. There is a lot of people spamming your inbox to promote and "offset" point for your video. You cannot really turn this feature off (change your privacy setting to "friends only", because you may miss an invite from a legitimate influencer. There are a lot of fake profiles imitating the authentic creators and businesses. There are profile pictures, live feeds and content allowed that is NOT suitable for younger audiences. Standards are to low.

Paúl

March 2022

Instagram - An alternative for business exposure?

You should be aware that to perform SEO on the platform you will have to invest a large amount of time daily in interaction with profiles to maintain an acceptable visibility and have a favourable response to each post and not to base your structure on advertisements.

Pros

Social network that allows a fast and fluid interaction by DM (direct message), the constant updating for the creation of audiovisual content (short videos in vertical form) takes over the timeline day by day. Regarding the KPI's presented, they are basic but enough to have a judgement regarding the profile engagement.

Cons

- The tool has a lack of action to root out spam accounts as well as inappropriate audiovisual content. - Poor targeting in paid advertising (Instagram Ads) is a potential problem in the timeline, leading to saturation of the timeline with content that has nothing to do with the user.

Reasons for choosing Instagram

A prospect can be tracked more closely on the platform.

Eyüp

Instagram EO

It's nice to chat with my friends there. Lots of fun content also available

Pros

By looking at the analysis of my posts, I see more clearly the points that I need to pay attention to.

Cons

I use it in night mode, but sometimes there is a problem in night mode and a strange interface appears between white mode and night mode.

Reasons for switching to Instagram

Due to different contents and features

Kyle

Great Asset within Meta Business Suite

Overall, Instagram is an excellent addition to the Meta Business Suite, allowing marketers and brands to establish an even stronger connection to their ideal customers through organic content and targeted paid advertising.

Pros

Instagram offers many of the same features and tools for marketers that can be found within Facebook, making Instagram an essential secondary prong within one's marketing strategy. With both platforms being so cleanly integrated, it is incredibly easy to launch Instagram for social media marketing / management.

Cons

Ads and social posts deployed on Instagram are not as robust as those on Facebook, leaving some desirable engagement elements (like caption links) out. Instagram is more of a complementary platform to Facebook for advertising purposes.

Ahmet Fatih

The real marketplace experience

Pros

Lastly I noticed I learn about all the bargains on Instagram. Reels became super user friendly and entertaining with filters and music.

Cons

Too much ads may make people think Instagram is moving away from its original focus which is photo blogging.

Moisés

Acerca de Instagram

Instagram me ha generado muchísimos seguidores gracias a su capacidad de poder compartir mediante sus historias y publicaciones, imágenes de los servicios, que como emprendedor ofrezco a la comunidad.

Pros

De Instagram lo que más me gusta es el nivel de alcance que posee, dicha red social, ha venido a posibilitar que como profesional, puede ofertar mis servicios y/o productos a un público enorme de seguidores y usuarios, los cuales mediante mi cuenta establecen contacto y mantenemos siempre actualizado el contenido de la cuenta para que estén al tanto sobre las novedades.

Cons

Instagram es un nicho que sabiendo trabajarle con tesón y esmero, se puede generar un dinero extra en nuestro tiempo libre.

MalcolmLouis

Industry: Food Production

Instagram Experience

I realized that I can cross-reference my different social media platforms to expand my presence online. Once I build my presence on Instagram then I can monetize it by doing ad campaigns.

Pros

It's one of the best platforms to market your business or yourself as an artist through photos or stories that last 24 hours. Also, it is user-friendly because it is Facebook compatible when it comes to logging in.

Cons

At times there are fake profiles called "bots" that try to spam you into paying for something. (i.e. more views, verified profile) One can also be a victim to cyber-bullying and body shaming that can result in depression or even suicide to those who handle the criticism.

Matthew

May 2022

"Instagram es Lo mejor para hacer Marketing"

As a business tool that anybody can use to communicate information rapidly to help their business grow, I would consider Instagram essential/significant to have for your business.

Pros

Instagram is a simple and very visible tool for my business to obtain exposure and followers. When it comes to social media, my instagram account is far easier to utilize than my Facebook business page.

Cons

I think they have to improve a lot when it comes to analysis, Facebook (meta) Twitter Ads, It is very different and better when it comes to giving campaign balances.

Sashana

Industry: Cosmetics

February 2022

Favourite Social Media App!

When I started my small business, I wanted to find a way to increase awareness about my business and the services I offer. I am a makeup artist and Instagram was a perfect fit. I can essentially create and share my portfolio with everyone who comes across my account without actually engaging in one-on-one conversations. It has been an incredible tool in building my clientele and has allowed me to network and collaborate with other makeup artists and small business owners.

Pros

Instagram is so user-friendly. Anyone can use it! The layout is really attractive. All the labels and icons are accurate and easily identifiable. All the features are at your fingertips and this makes the social media experience that much more enjoyable. I love using Instagram as a social media marketing tool for my business. I am a freelance makeup artist and Instagram has several business integrations which support the dissemination of advertisements and promotions. There are no fixed prices attached to these particular features. So, depending on your budget, you can have your advertisement/promotion run for any number of days by spending $1 per day or more. I have benefited from the use of these features! Some of my more consistent clients actually discovered my business profile when they saw my promotions running on Instagram. Instagram also allows integrations with various appointment scheduling applications such as Fresha and Acuity Scheduling. So once you activate the booking link and/or 'Book Now' button on your business profile, your clients can directly book on your website through Instagram. This has been a game changer! Everything is now so much easier.

Cons

Using Instagram has been one of those decisions that has resulted in the considerable growth of my business. It is, generally, easy to manoeuvre. However, when Instagram Reels was released, I had a bit of difficulty with learning how to use it properly. I watched a few Youtube videos, played around with the features a little and quickly got the hang of it. It's not nearly as complicated as it may seem.

Akhil

Simple Instagram review

Generally Instagram has been helpful, I've made heaps of companions and conscious individuals. I can discuss rapidly with my companions, I can elevate my business to my crowd and I most likely wouldn't have gotten any deals if not for Instagram. I've been involving Instagram for quite a while and incline toward it to other online media networks because of its straightforwardness and nonattendance of long text refreshes. Instagram has been incredible for associating with new buyers and showcasing my image. In any case, it is a stage where I can feel great and offer what I need, and I like to utilize it

Pros

I like that you can interface with the world at large, being ready to make a local area of individuals you have never met face to face yet share normal interests and liking what one posts, leaving a remark and enjoying. I love the label include that has no limitations by any means, the individual you tag to a post will get a warning that they were labelled. It permits you to share photographs and brief recordings as status alongside stories that stay for 24 hours. It is additionally utilized for photograph altering, as it offers extremely valuable photograph altering devices. Aside from social sharing, you can likewise settle on sound and video decision to your companions on it or send the message utilizing its inbuilt Instagram courier. Because of its enormous client base, alongside fun and social use, it is additionally generally utilized by VIPs and organizations to expand their compass. The incorporation among Instagram and Facebook messages in an application makes me more agreeable, to oversee the two messages by Messenger.

Cons

The portrayal of a picture or a distribution overall can be deciphered, however I would like it to likewise have the option to interpret the remarks. It is a piece irritating to enter a distribution and go over remarks in different dialects and not having the option to interpret what it implies. I think sharing the more extended recordings to consequently play on your story should be refreshed. Besides, the overall UI of Instagram feels like it very well may be improved to focus on a more stupendous extent of photographs rather than each per client in turn; it's less of an issue about swarming the page and more about having too minimal on the page, or if nothing else, driving us to pick how long we're willing to spend to filter during a time of posts.

Lena

Industry: Veterinary

Instagram for Small Business Networking

Instagram is great for small businesses. I originally thought Instagram was for sharing personal content, but once I realized that you can market your business on there, I joined immediately. It is so easy to post content to share with your desired audience. I don’t have to worry about spending money to advertise to people that are not in my area or demographic. It is easy to track my ads, my post interactions, and my conversion rates through the analytics. The cost for ads and promotions is relatively cheap compared to other social media platforms and gives a lot of customization to give the best suited options for my business. I highly recommend Instagram, it has really helped me connect with my customers and grow my business.

Pros

I like that I am able to share my media and create ads and promotions that are special specifically for my business.

Cons

I don’t have a lot of dislikes, but the financials could be better.

Price and ease of use

Reasons for switching to Instagram

The features were better, there are more users, and the pricing is competitive.

Aniss

Great for both personal but also professional use

Great and powerful. I love using it and love the reach on it.

Pros

Great for personal use, professional use either to socialize or to promote your business, products. I used it for both my Youtube channel and for my restaurant and really it was always a great tool.

Cons

One of my accounts got hacked and I was really disappointed for the customer service not responding. But overall, it is a powerful tool and really well made. Another downside also, is the fact that the software is not the same on the phone and on the computer, it needs to offer as many options on any device really.

Reasons for choosing Instagram

More clients on instagram as per my friends recommendations and they were really right.

Reasons for switching to Instagram

It seems that everyone that is a potential client is on Instagram and more people struggling are on Facebook so it made sense to switch to instagram.

Nalutaaya

Easy to Use and Earn Money

I used to use alot of money in marketing but it's now easy to market my business via Instagram

Pros

Sharing videos and photos is more impactful you can also earn real money through monetization when you're consistent with Instagram it's easy to use you can upload your videos and photos about your business

Cons

Instagram is a bit expensive if you're using mobile data

Reasons for choosing Instagram

Because marketing on WhatsApp is bit slow because the people in your contacts are the only one to see your status in case you're marketing something which is not the way with Instagram

Reasons for switching to Instagram

Because Instagram has the highest number of people using it with seriousness in business than Facebook

Andile

Instagram Is Not Just Pictures And Videos

In overall, with the advertising feature that's there, I have able to advertise my book that I had written and had many people going to purchase it amazon kindle. I am able to reach out to friends from all over the world, including long lost friends whose contact numbers I had lost.

Pros

I like that you can connect with the world at large, being able to create a community of people you have never met in person but share common interests and appreciating what one posts, leaving a comment and liking. I love the tag feature that has no restrictions at all, the person you tag to a post will receive a notification that they were tagged. You can easily tag famous people like Dwayne Johnson and they will see it, its now up to them to react and show that they have seen it. Moreover, Instagram now allows one to advertise their products and services through posting, and the post appearing to people that don't even follow you. That is a great tool for marketing.

Cons

I hate the impact Instagram has on people. It is not just posting pictures and videos but it has become more intense, people are starting to seek validation on the platform, validation from people they know nothing about, feeling like they are important because they have more likes or have a blue check. It s really taking a stroll on mental health and I am speaking form experience. Spending hours and hours to scrolling, looking at "beautiful" people, lives you wish you had and you start feeling insignificant, low self esteem, loss of self worth. I hate how people ridicule those that do not like that app for these reasons, making them feel like they are boring people. We need to take care of our mental health. this is just a con but I don't think it's the software's fault.

Reasons for switching to Instagram

There is one main thing I disliked about Facebook, the fact that I constantly got notifications from people commenting on pictures I had liked. You can imagine how many notifications you get. I wanted to receive notifications on people commenting or liking my pictures only, not getting them because a person I do not know commented on the same picture I liked.

Guillermo

December 2021

How can Instagram improve?

In general, from 1 to 5 I give it a score of 4. For what I said in the negative points section. It can still improve a lot. Although it is my favorite application, the issue of not being able to translate the comments bothers me. But it is very effective and interactive.

Pros

I am a beta user of the application, I really like knowing that we have the dark theme which other apps do not have. The inclusion between Instagram and Facebook messages in an application makes me more comfortable, to manage both messages by Messenger. That it allows to use 2 simultaneous accounts at the same time is incredible. just by pressing twice on the profile photo, you can change the account very easily. The buttons are located in a good place where it is easy to access. I want to emphasize that the most interesting thing about the application to my liking is that I can pause the video of a reel by pressing on it, and not like before that I had to hold down to make it pause. It's a nice change.

Cons

I have a few things to mention. The description of an image or a publication in general can be translated, but I would like it to also be able to translate the comments. It is a bit annoying to enter a publication and come across comments in other languages and not being able to translate what it means. Another point is that if there is a video and I enter it, sometimes the audio is not activated by itself, and I have to exit, press on the speaker and go back in. In the reels when one sees the video in full screen, there are times where we cannot translate the description, at least users like me would like to know what it says or what is written there. Lastly, I would like you to extend the word limit for the description of the presentation part in the profiles.

Reasons for choosing Instagram

Because I like its graphical interface, its various tools, filters, and its interaction is very interesting.

Avery

One of the best Social Network programs for community and business

It has impacted my brand and business as well. I have been able to reach out to more people because of the exposure that Instagram creates for me. Varying from my music to my events that I am putting together, it makes sense to heavily market your product through this platform. My exposure by word of mouth would have not been as great without Instagram

Pros

Instagram gets to the point. For people who are looking to expand their business and grow their brand, Instagram is a great way to do that. It has always been a great addition to Facebook, but with the introduction of Instagram LIVE, being able to upload longer videos, creating Instagram Story posts, and making Instagram Reels, it strategically reaches in the quickness of how life works, and gives you the exposure you need to grow.

Cons

I think sharing the longer videos to automatically play on your story needs to be updated. Some videos would heavily benefit from it. Other than that, there isn't much to hate about this app.

Reasons for switching to Instagram

Once Instagram opened up more with Stories and Reels, it significantly lowered my usage of Snapchat. Now I can upload to both programs if I have a video that is impactful enough, but Instagram has grown to be my go to product now

Abdoulaye

An excellent application

Although this social network is constantly evolving to satisfy its users, there are still actions that require the use of external applications in addition to Instagram: sharing content, editing photos, testing short formats

Pros

I really like this app, Instagram especially! It's also very well secured. Unfortunately the app doesn't exist on Mac and to have it as an app would be more useful than going via the internet, if you want to go from the computer. Instagram has a great presence on the internet, and I'm sure on app it would be even better! My request would be that Instagram create the app on Mac please!

Cons

One of the most effective ways to develop a brand image is to communicate through visuals. Indeed, it is common to say, "a picture is worth a thousand words". This means that it is easier to convey an emotion to the consumer through a visual rather than text. In this sense, Instagram is probably the most effective social network to work on your company's identity. It allows you to creatively express the visual universe associated with your brand, while showcasing your products or services.   It's also the social network of intimacy: take advantage of it to film behind the scenes or your typical day, introduce your partners and customers...  I like this application

Reasons for switching to Instagram

Pinterest has a very specific Target or goal. This can put brands at a disadvantage because if you don't get too close to the audience, you'll need to do some good social media planning to get the most out of it.

Mixed feelings but mostly good

My overall experience with using Instagram is pretty great, I really enjoy posting my work online so others can critique it and it's just a really it's just a fun and creative space in my opinion I definitely recommend if you're a creative, artistic photographic person.

Pros

I really love this software application it's very futuristic and modern, it has a very intuitive design and is just hands down easy to use, it helps me tremendously throughout my career as a [SENSITIVE CONTENT] because I'm able to post the best work from my personal brand or my small business, my most favorite feature on Instagram is the photo editor feature before posting and the paid promotion just in case I'd love for my post to reach a wider audience.

Cons

I'd say my least favorite thing about Instagram is based on the fact that it's easy to receive unwanted messages from Bots and also how somewhat easy it is to hack someone else's account, I strongly believe that Instagram definitely needs a higher and stronger security system than what it is now

Reasons for choosing Instagram

I chose Instagram over those alternatives because Instagram just has a more modern and clean look to it. It's way more controlled, artistic and very creative and it's way easier to Showcase your talent on there.

Mack

Instagram: Content Vs. Memories

Overall, my experience has been good, but not exemplary. Instagram has a lot of social and technical ramifications to work out, but for what it's worth, the app gets the job done and can provide a meaningful way to connect with people or know what my friends are up to. They say a picture says a thousand words, but sometimes the sense of capturing a moment is lost in the pseudo-marketing of it all. Instagram is an app that has evolved over time, and it's likely that I need to evolve with it.

Pros

I like how easy Instagram is to use--the notion that a post is just a click away. From a user perspective, I enjoy writing captions for my photos and applying a location; it makes my post feel more complete and gives a little bit of backstory for viewers. I also appreciate the Story feature, mostly as a way of checking in with what my friends in real life are doing, sometimes in real time, or very recently. While I feel Instagram's main purpose is to share photos, the video aspect, while short-term, is rewarding as well.

Cons

I dislike the stigma that surrounds Instagram, which sometimes feels like it's there to churn out content--even duplicate posts, and repetitive creativity--as opposed to share memories. With an unlimited amount of photos at my disposal, I can scroll for hours but never get a sense of who I'm really seeing. Posts lose their specialness by prioritizing the fact that it was posted at all over the notion of a moment in time. On the technical side, I dislike the Message and Discover icons as I believe they are misrepresented--I often click on one when I meant to click on the other. Furthermore, the general UI of Instagram feels like it could be improved to prioritize a grander scope of photos rather than one per user at a time; it's less of an issue about crowding the page and more about having too little on the page, or at least, forcing us to choose how much time we're willing to spend to sift through a day's worth of posts. I'm also not a fan of filters as I believe they detract from the natural intention of the post. Not only that, but many filters resemble each other too much.

Rap

Instagram is overall a beneficial app though it has some flaws.

Overall Instagram has been beneficial, I've made lots of friends and respectful people. I can communicate quickly with my friends, I can promote my business to my audience and I probably wouldn't have gotten any sales if it wasn't for Instagram. There have been some unpleasant experiences on the app but I don't think they outweigh the good.

Pros

- I like that it's somewhat easy to reach an audience given that you have useful/good content, use tags etc. - It's easy to communicate with friends and you can have privacy (to a high extent). -It can be a good way to promote your business too - It allows me to find a community I belong in and make new friends. - I appreciate them allowing users to add pronouns - I like that you don't need 10,000 followers to share links on your story now - Most of the new features are awesome, though I can't use some yet - It's nice that you can limit who can message you, you can hide your story and mute people

Cons

- When people are harassing you, (giving you death threats or sharing hateful content for example) and you report it, Instagram basically says it's fine behavior and does nothing about it. - I wish they had a feature where you could mute or block certain posts with keywords from showing up in your feed like you can on twitter. - If you make an additional account, Instagram will send some people from your previous account a notification asking if you know the person which is a bit worrisome especially if someone wanted to separate a business profile from their personal. - They don't always show your posts to your followers, they're more focused on reels right now

Claude

Instagram is among the top 5 social networking platforms on earth. Also an ecommerce platform

I will highly recommend IG for anybody with a business. This will help increase or expand your audience

Pros

IG is not only a social media platform but it is also an eCommerce platform. As a business owner, IG has helped me a lot, in fact, my business relies on IG to survive. Because this platform is most visited, selling on this platform can link you to lots or customer. IG helps you match your products to buyers who are most likely to buy those products. For instance, someone who usually search information about pets will be most likely exposed to pet related products hence targeting the right people who are most likely to buy. Also, IG is cheap to create ads. Selling fees are also cheap. Shipping labels are very affordable. All these feature are in one place, making it very convenience for the seller to manage his business. Also, they help promote your products on other related platforms like Facebook. It is also very secure

Cons

I think what I have encountered as draw back with IG is that many users are not well informed or they are skeptical shopping on IG. Also, more features like chats and other data analysis tools should be included. Also, IG should also improve its customer service. Users should also be able to connect to a real human either by phone call or email.

Reasons for choosing Instagram

Because of the ease with which a business can meet potential customers

Reasons for switching to Instagram

It was very difficult to get customers to my store

Entertaining and Useful But At Times Irksome

I have been using Instagram for over 7 years and I find that I have used the app relatively consistently over the years. There are features that I dislike, though I have continued to use Instagram. However, I have also begun to incorporate other apps for similar benefits and find that I have begun to use the alternatives more frequently.

Pros

I enjoy the ability to interact with family, friends, influencers, and companies. Based on the people and pages that you follow, the app is helpful in keeping you up to date, providing entertainment, as well as providing helpful information. The integration with other apps has been helpful in some respects. For example, being able to share the same story or picture across platforms with ease. Instagram is also a very useful platform for small businesses and helps to not only market the business but also helps to establish the business as more legitimate and accessible.

Cons

The move from a photo-sharing to a content creation service focused on entertainment and video was not my preference. At the same time, while they have made some progress towards instituting new features, too frequently, so many persons do not have access to the feature for a long time. For example, Reels were introduced over a year ago in 2020; however, in October of 2021, there are so many persons including myself who still do not have access to the features. The timeline changes that were implemented a while back are still irksome. These included the inclusion of numerous ads seen when scrolling through the timeline as well as the disruption of the order where posts were no longer shown the order in which they were posted. As a result, I miss a lot of content that I would have previously wanted to see. At times, the content I receive, for example, on my Explore Page, are not as relevant to my interests.

Showing 1 - 25 of 2,445 reviews